NEWS FLASH -
Kerry to Postpone Mideast Visit
(See article 2, below)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, June 11, 2013
"I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works." (Psalm 9:1)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Iran eyes 30 nuclear bombs a year: Israel minister - AFP
Iran is working round the clock to enlarge its nuclear infrastructure with the eventual aim of developing an industry capable of building up to 30 bombs a year, an Israeli minister charged on Monday.
- Lord, we continue to pray for Iran and that what is hidden will be exposed. We pray that evil would not be allowed to prosper in their nuclear program. We also continue to pray for the leadership of Israel for godly wisdom and discernment. Most of all we pray that the Jewish Messiah, Yeshua, would become increasingly known in both countries so they will know Whom they should really fear. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. (Matthew 10:26)
2. 'Missile defense killer': Russia finalizes testing on prototype ICBM - RT
Russia's Strategic Missile Forces have reported a successful launch of a next-generation ICBM that can supposedly pierce any anti-ballistic missile (ABM) system. The test came after the US announced it would resume its ABM program in Europe.
- Lord, You are the best ABM system. You can destroy any missile. We pray to You for guidance of missiles and anti-ballistice missile system. It is with You that the darts or missles of the enemy can be destroyed. We pray that leaders of these forces come to be with You. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "He pours contempt on princes, and disarms the mighty." (Job 11:21)
3. Boundless Informant: the NSA's secret tool to track global surveillance data - UK Guardian
The National Security Agency has developed a powerful tool for recording and analysing where its intelligence comes from, raising questions about its repeated assurances to Congress that it cannot keep track of all the surveillance it performs on American communications.
- Lord, we ask You to expose the truth of what is planned in these surveillances Protect those communications which need to be protected from the eyes of our enemies; and bring accountablity where needed. This situation is now out of control, so we ask You to bring this under control, in Jesus' mighty name, amen.
- He uncovers deep things out of darkness, and brings the shadow of death to light. (Job 11:22)
4. Hollywood supporters turn on Obama administration over NSA data mining allegations - Fox News
Revelations that the National Security Agency (NSA) has been secretly logging the phone and Internet activity of millions of Americans has caused a rift between President Obama and several of his Hollywood supporters. Actor and liberal activist John Cusack (tweeted) "Obama is becoming the next Nixon."
Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore also hopped on the bandwagon, tweeting "the administration has now lost all credibility" while spotlighting a 2007 Obama quote: "that means no more illegal wiretapping of American citizens. No more (spying) on citizens... No more tracking citizens . . ." (Read more.)
- Many of us have been crying out for years that God would begin to visit the left-leaning Hollywood actors with His truth, that sets men free. We praise God for these reports, amen. Now that some eyes are being opened to the truth, ask our Lord to continue this process until all come to salvation, in His Name, amen.
- " . . . he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6)
5. Obama Administration To End Age Restrictions On Plan B - Fox News
The Justice Department announced on Monday that it will allow the most popular morning after pill, Plan B, to be available over the counter to women of all ages, dropping its appeal of a federal court order.
- We are grieved to read this news today, and we pray for all parents of teenage girls who will need to give them strong and firm guidance on this delicate issue. May the church stand strong alongside the family, as all seek to support biblical values of morality in what is now left of our nation. Amen.
- "Fight the good fight of faith . . ." (I Timothy 6:12)
6. Prostitution, Drugs, Coverup? Obama's State Dep't Under Fire - CNSNews.com
House Foreign Affairs Committee chairman Rep. Ed Royce said Tuesday he will question Secretary of State John Kerry about claims that the State Department covered up allegations of personnel misconduct, including the solicitation of prostitutes by a U.S. ambassador and members of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's security detail.
"I am appalled not only at the reported misconduct itself, but at the reported interference in the investigations of the misconduct," said Royce (R-Calif.). (Read more)
- "Give us this day our daily . . . scandal." So much is now being revealed so fast, it is almost mind-boggling! But as we "put on the mind of Christ," and give this all back to Him, we can live another day with a sound mind.
Today, ask our Lord to forgive those in the State Department that so foolishly have squandered the taxpayer's monies, and ask for accountability to result. In Jesus' Name, amen. - "Ask, and ye shall receive . . ." (Matthew 7:7)
7. IG Report: IRS Can't Document All Expenses for $4.1 Million Conference - CNSNews.com
new report by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) concerning a three-day, $4.1 million conference for Internal Revenue Service employees, shows that the IRS was not able to document all its expenses for the event including, for instance, receipts and W-2 wage and tax statements.
"While IRS management provided documentation showing the total final costs at $4.1 million, we could not obtain reasonable assurance that this amount represents a full and accurate accounting of the conference costs," stated the IG report. "The IRS was unable to provide documentation to support all costs associated with the conference."
- Don't we wish that this report was a comedy routine on television, instead of the TRUTH as reported above? This news is the height of arrogance, stupidity, and hubris. Thank the Lord that the Inspector General is reporting the TRUTH about this agency, instead of covering up their wrongdoing. Please see the article below, "End the IRS," by Jay Sekulow, and prayerfully consider signing the petition sited. It is time for prayer, and it is time for action.
- "Faith without works is dead." (James 2:26)
8. Home Schooling Skyrockets in the US - CBN News
The number of home-schooled children in the United States has increased by 75 percent since 1999, according to a new report published in Education News.
- Lord, we thank You that there are so many people willing to teach their children because they do not like much of what is being taught in the schools. We pray for these children and the children in schools that they would be taught correctly in Your sight. Bring back teachings of You and righteouness we pray. We pray for the parents who are teaching their children, for wisdom and guidance. Help the children to learn truth and the right ways they should go. Forgive us for allowing destructive ideas to be taught in our schools. Have mercy and save our children. In the name of Jesus pray. Amen.
- Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:8)
9. Colorado fires showing up on Twitter - Wildfire Today
As we write this prayer alert, dangerous fires are erupting in several cities and regions in the State of Colorado; and some of our own friends are being evacuated. Please pray for their safety. Thank you. (Read more)
10. Pope Urged to Declare Islam a Peaceful Religion - CNSNews.com
Seven years after Sunni Islam's foremost institution severed dialogue with the Vatican over remarks by Pope Benedict XVI, the Cairo-based Al-Azhar wants the new pontiff to open the door to resuming interfaith discourse by declaring Islam to be a peaceful religion. (Read more)
- Lift up this report in earnest prayer, asking our Lord to direct the thinking of this pope. Islam's track record attests to the fact that it is not now, nor has ever been, a "religion of peace." Pray that this request will fall to the ground inside the Vatican, not be signed, and relegated to the dustbin of history. Pray!
- They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. 'Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace. (Jer. 6:14)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"As in the days when you came out from the land of Egypt, I will show you miracles." (Micah 7:15)
1. World Council of Churches Attacks Israel and Christian Zionism - Balfour Post
"Christians who promote 'Christian Zionism' distort the interpretation of the Word of God and the historic connection of Palestinians -- Christians and Muslims -- to the Holy Land," according to the World Council of Churches.
2. Assad warns of 'strategic' response to IDF strikes - Jerusalem Post
Syrian President Bashar Assad has issued a strong warning to Israel, saying that he is completely serious in opening up the Golan front against Israel, Lebanese paper Al-Akhbar reported on Monday.
3. Israel signals readiness to limit settlement building for peace - Reuters
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hinted on Monday that Israel was ready to confine Jewish settlement expansion to the blocs of occupied territory it wants to keep under any peace deal with the Palestinians, in a nod to U.S. efforts to revive stalled negotiations.
4. Netanyahu says he will never accept preconditions for talks - Times of Israel
Israel rejects Palestinian preconditions for negotiations, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday, rejecting Palestinian demands for a settlement freeze ahead of negotiations and stressing that nothing on the Israeli side stands in the way of talks progressing.
5. PM: Construction in West Bank settlements continues - Ynet News
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Knesset's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee Monday that he wanted to resume peace talks, but that construction in the settlements in the West Bank would continue, "and continues today."
6. Report: Kerry to Postpone Mideast Visit - Arutz 7 News
US Secretary of State John Kerry, who was to return to the region this week to attempt to facilitate negotiations between Israel and that Palestinian Authority, has postponed his visit.
According to Israel HaYom, Kerry had been due to arrive on Tuesday, but put off the visit "to give (Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas) more time" to decide whether to drop his insistence on a freeze on Jewish building before returning to negotiations. (Read more)
- Offer a chorus of PRAISE for this good report!
- "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord."
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
" . . . when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10b)
1. Christian Speaker Allowed to Tour Vietnam Despite Restrictions - Christian Solidarity Worldwide
A five-day tour by Australian Christian evangelist and motivational speaker Nick Vujicic was permitted to take place in Vietnam from 22 to 26 May, despite national restrictions on religious activities.
Vujicic, who was born without arms and legs, spoke to 75 000 people at seven official events, three of which were shown on national television, as part of a 'World Outreach' tour which has an explicitly evangelistic aim, to "share the Good News of Jesus Christ". At the end of his tour, Vujicic also preached at Gia Dinh Church in Ho Chi Minh City.
According to local reports, Vietnamese Christians were both elated by the response to the tour and baffled as to how and why a Christian evangelist was allowed to speak in a country which still maintains tight control over religious activities.
2. Egypt Breaks Faith On Religious Freedom - Al-Monitor
In June 2012, more than 16 months following the Tahrir Square revolution and the end of Hosni Mubarak's reign, Egypt went to the polls and elected Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohammed Morsi as its new president.
For many, this historic election was a hopeful step toward democracy and respect for human rights. Yet today, one year later, hope is flagging amid woeful neglect of pivotal rights, including religious freedom.
Members of the US Commission on Religious Freedom (USCIRF), on which we serve, saw this firsthand in February of this year. Upon arriving in Cairo, our delegation met with the US ambassador, high-level Egyptian officials, human rights defenders, women's rights advocates, Muslim religious leaders and members of minority religious communities.
During this visit, USCIRF confirmed that Egypt is failing to meet international religious-freedom standards. In our 2013 annual report, released on April 30, we elaborated on our findings.
Among our concerns are Egypt's new constitution, a code forbidding blasphemy, an impunity problem, restrictions on building places of worship and problems regarding religious identification and conversion.
3. Persecuted: Chronicles of the Global Assault on Christians - Charisma News
Persecuted: Chronicles of the Global Assault on Christians is a book designed to show that "Christians are the single most widely persecuted religious group in the world today."
With that aim, three authors well known in the field of religious advocacy-Paul Marshall, Lela Gilbert and Nina Shea-give the reader the ultimate global briefing on the causes, patterns and trends in the persecution of Christians.
That the "briefing" lasts 400 pages is not the authors' fault, though it will perhaps condemn the book to a niche readership. But a great service has been rendered nonetheless.
The authors don't get bogged down in definition discussions but dive straight into the sinister trinity they claim is causing the persecution of Christians around the world today: "the hunger for total political control, the desire to preserve Hindu or Buddhist privilege, and radical Islam's urge for religious domination."
The totalitarian dynamics of the first cover the Communist and post-Communist world; Hindu and Buddhist nationalisms cover South Asia, especially India and Sri Lanka; and radical Islam is the most dispersed and global of the three forces. Half the book is dedicated to tracking radical Islam's effects on the church across every continent.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
End the IRS
End the IRS
The time has come to abolish the IRS as we know it. It has proven that it is incapable of governing itself. Consider recent events:
-The IRS intentionally and maliciously targeted conservative groups and leaked confidential taxpayer information to Leftist allies;
-IRS officials threw lavish parties for themselves, spending millions of dollars even as Americans struggled to keep their jobs and pay their taxes;
-Pro-life and Christian groups report extreme and intrusive demands, including one reported demand that a pro-life group promise not to picket Planned Parenthood;
-The IRS conducted mass-scale audits of adoptive families, auditing 100,000 in 2011 alone - simply because they adopted a child.
And that's just what we've learned in the last three weeks. We've sued the IRS to stop its abuse of conservative groups, but that's just a start. The ACLJ is joining key conservative leaders with a simple demand: end the IRS. Stand with us.
Sign the Petition to Abolish the IRS.
ACLJ Chief Counsel
The Daily Jot
Is the government a reflection of America?
The concept of American government is that the people elect representatives who are bound by law as perscribed in the Constitution. Abraham Lincoln in his Gettysburg Address explained it as a government "of the people, by the people and for the people." The Declaration of Independence reads: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..." There is no doubt that the citizens of the United States are responsible for their government.
That would make the government a reflection of America. So when we see our government lying about Benghazi, funding directly or indirectly the terrorist sponsoring Muslim Brotherhood as a foreign policy partner, selling guns to the Mexican drug cartels so they can kill our border agents, spending tax money on prostitutes, targeting political opponents through jack boot unconstitutional agencies like the IRS, the FBI snuffing out suspects without due process, harassing media by spying on them and using the IRS and FBI to intimidate them, and treating every American citizen who uses the internet, a cell phone, drives on the highway, travels in an airplane, or takes a walk down their street as a possible terrorist--IS THIS REALLY A REFLECTION OF YOU?
I don't think so. In fact, the vast majority of Americans are good people. I think that they are so disengaged from government that they don't fully understand the evil that besets them. And maybe they won't until it is too late. Americans are generally law abiding people. It probably comes from our Christian roots. So they go along with the law. If the Supreme Court makes some totally convoluted decision that a woman's body is the same as a house and the government can't invade someone's privacy so women should be allowed to kill their babies--Americans just go along even though most would never abort their child. All along, good people just become more desensitized and tolerant of what doesn't directly affect them.
If our children would behave as the government has, we would surely discipline them. The administration of our government has become so immoral that it does not resemble the majority of Americans, not even the slight majority that elected it. Moreover, it does not reflect the Constitutonal rule of law. The Founders anticipated this for the future even as they responded to the present in the Declaration: "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
Many write and ask me what to do. I think that prayer must be hand in hand with action. Going the political route is not working for anyone. So I am thinking that it has to be grass roots to get their attention. As pastors said in the Revolutionary War, "sometimes the shepherd has to fight off the wolves." We have all the warning signs, yet we are so civil and law abiding that we do not know how and when to say a law is not lawful and actually take the physical steps to do something about it. As Romans 12:21 says, "Be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good." We need to engage.
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
FRC Opposes Plan B Decision
Obama Administration's Plan B Decision Ignores Safety,
Parental Rights Concerns
June 11, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Family Research Council (FRC) expressed disappointment today after the Obama administration decided on Monday to make the morning after pill, Plan B, available for purchase by anyone, regardless of age, without parental consent or a doctor's prescription.
Of the decision Anna Higgins, J.D., director of the Center for Human Dignity at the Family Research Council, said:
"The Obama administration's decision making the morning after pill Plan B available to young girls at any age is a clear example of the administration's willingness to put politics ahead of the health and safety of girls. We are disappointed that this administration has once again sided with its political allies and ignored the safety of girls and the rights of parents."
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Following Faith-Based Legal Campaign,
30 Public Universities Make their Policies More "Christian-friendly"
"The success of this effort so far means we will continue pressing forward to help schools protect their students as well as help students who often end up the victims of unconstitutional policies." -Kevin Theriot
According to a Christian Post report, the Alliance Defending Freedom's efforts on behalf of Believing students has "resulted in 30 of the nation's public universities and colleges changing their policies to ensure that students' First Amendment freedoms are protected."
Some of the past restrictions have included regulating students' speeches that contain ideas and phrases from the Bible.
ADF Senior Counsel Kevin Theriot, noted, "Public universities should encourage, not censor, the free exchange of ideas. This effort has given public universities and colleges the opportunity to respect the constitutionally protected freedoms of their students without any costly litigation. The objective has been to inform officials of how their policies conflict with the Constitution, as reinforced by numerous federal court rulings, so that the schools can make changes."
While the changes among those universities and colleges is a good start, Theriot told the Christian Post that there is still a "long road ahead" as administrations continue to censor Biblical value-oriented ideas and speech that seems offensive to them. (Christian Post) Read more.
Reported by: Breaking Christian News, June 6, 2013
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Who am I
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart.