Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, June 3, 2013
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7))
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. IRS EMPLOYEE IN BOMBSHELL CONGRESSIONAL INTERVIEWS ABOUT TEA PARTY TARGETING - Daily Mail UK
Interviews with IRS employees have established that the Washington, D.C. headquarters of the Internal Revenue Service was engaged in targeting tea party groups and other conservative organizations for unfair levels of scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status. Rep. Darrel lssa, chairman of powerful House Committee of Oversight and Government Reform, made that startling announcement on CNN Sunday morning. (Read more)
- Lord, increasingly it is becoming apparent for all to see that certain parts of our government are utilizing their powers of approval and control to target people who think differently from those who currently are in power. Open discussion, cooperation and compromise are not being used to work through things. Therefore we are becoming a very divided nation, with lots of anger and fear arising. We repent for ourselves and our nation that we have so fallen into the ways of the flesh instead of following Your ways, Lord. Forgive us and have mercy Lord, despite our many failures. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand all." (Proverbs 28:5)
2. ACLJ CIRCULATES PETITION, DEMANDS RESIGNATION OF ERIC HOLDER - ACLJ
The House of Representatives is investigating him for perjury. Under oath, he said that he was not involved in the "potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material."
Yet we learned that he personally signed off on search warrants for a Fox News reporter that called the reporter a possible "co-conspirator" in a leak case.
- The Attorney General is supposed to uphold and enforce the law; not trample all over it. If you are prompted by our Lord, please sign this petition and send it on to your own friends. It is time to act!
- "Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." (James 2:14)
3. AL QAEDA CHIEF WARNS ATTACKS ON US IN 'EVERYONE'S REACH' - France24.com
Al-Qaeda's military chief in Yemen warned Americans in an audio message posted online Sunday that the Boston bombings revealed a fragile security as he urged Muslims to defend their religion. Qassim al-Rimi, the military chief of Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, said making bombs such as the ones used in the twin blasts in Boston in April, is within "everyone's reach". (Read more)
- Abba Father, this warning from a Yemenite Al-Qaeda chief tells the US that we are targets for terror and that the terrorists already in our nation need to rise up and act. Help us Lord! Bestow upon us Your wisdom and discernment, especially to those people in positions responsible for security of infrastructure or other vulnerable sites. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "There are many plans in a man's heart; nevertheless the Lord's counsel - that will stand." (Proverbs 19:21)
> > > For more on this topic, please see the Daily Jot, below.
4. CHINA, INDIA, PAKISTAN BOOST NUCLEAR ARSENALS - Khaleej Times
Three of the world's nuclear powers - China, India and Pakistan - have increased their arsenals over the past year, while the other five have cut their strength or kept it stable, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute said Monday. China now has 250 nuclear warheads against 240 in 2012, while Pakistan has increased its warheads by about 10 to between 100 and 120 and India has also added roughly 10 for a total of 90 to 110, SIPRI said in its annual report. (Read more)
- O Heavenly Father, we see from this report how very dangerous the world is becoming. Weapons of mass destruction are being developed increasingly, and the nuclear threat is tipping over towards the possible reality of out of control terror and destruction. We who can observe these actions from an understanding of Your prophets and the warnings in Your Word, come before You and fall down to seek Your Grace. We know that You alone are the only safety and answer to this escalation. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, and do not be still, O God! (Psalm 83:1)
"Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven, with the saving strength of His right hand." (Psalm 20:6)
5. MORE THAN 1,000 KILLED IN IRAQ VIOLENCE IN MAY - Reuters
More than 1,000 people were killed in violence in Iraq in May, making it the deadliest month since the sectarian slaughter of 2006-07, the United Nations said on Saturday, as fears mounted of a return to civil war. Shi'ite Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki on Saturday met leaders from across Iraq's sectarian divide to try to resolve the crisis. Leaders emerged smiling, but there were only initial talks that did not address fundamental Sunni discontent. (Read more)
- Lord, this news reflects the loss of so much that had been achieved by the US military presence in this nation. It reflects how rapidly this nation is sinking into the chaos that is spreading across the Middle East. We know You had a growing remnant here, Lord. We ask You to be in the midst of this turmoil and to redeem from this nation more of Your own. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "An angry man stirs up strife, and a furious man abounds in transgression." (Proverbs 29:22)
6. PROTESTS GROW AMID DISCOVERY OF GENETICALLY MODIFIED U.S. WHEAT - CNS News
The discovery of genetically engineered wheat on an Oregon farm is having economic repercussions for the United States, at a time when protests against this type of food are growing. (Read more)
- O Heavenly Father, there is a huge corporation in this nation which is more and more taking seeds and modifying them with pesticides and poisons. In doing so no seed can be reproduced and damage to human bodies occurs. Other nations in the world wisely refuse to buy these poisoned foods but our nation tells us they are fine. This particular wheat crop was usually sold to South Korea and they are refusing it since it was cross pollinated with poisonous wheat seeds. Have mercy Lord! We ask You to rise up and protect us, creating issues with these dangerous foods at the public level. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "Then God said; Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself on the earth; and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:11-12)
7. EXTREME WEATHER PATTERNS ACROSS THE EARTH
a) Thousands of homes remain without power in the US Midwest after a huge storm system swept through, killing at least 12 people. Nine people died in Oklahoma City and its suburbs and three more in Missouri. Hundreds of people were injured, many of them on roads as they tried to flee tornadoes. Heavy rain has also left many areas flooded. (BBC) Read more
b) Nearly 3,000 people from some 700 homes are under evacuation orders as a wildfire north of Los Angeles kept growing, feeding on old, dry brush, some of which hadn't burned in decades. The blaze had burned about 35 square miles in the mountains and canyons of the Angeles National Forest, destroying at least six homes and damaging 15 more. (AP) Read more
c) Five people are dead and thousands evacuated as floods cause chaos across Europe and leave cities in Germany and Czech Republic submerged under up to five metres of water and disaster warnings issued across central Europe after heavy rains. Several people have been killed since Thursday and more missing . (Daily Mail UK) Read more.
- Abba Father, we thank You that despite the intensity of these weather patterns (along with snow storms and very cold weather in many places occurring where it should be changing to summer), that so few people have died. We know that solar changes are causing all sorts of weather pattern and earth formation changes on our planet as well as on other planets. We know that Nature itself, over the entire earth, is crying out in response to the sin in our nations. Father, we ask for Your continued mercy in these situations. May more people spiritually awaken and turn back to You Lord. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple." (Psalm 19:7)
1. U.S. will drop peace process if Israelis, Palestinians aren't serious, senior American official warns - Haaretz
If U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry determines that Israelis and Palestinians are not serious about the peace process, he will abandon his efforts on the matter, a senior U.S. official told Reuters. In an article by Arshad Mohammed, the Reuters journalist responsible for covering the State Department in Washington, the reporter cited those who called Kerry a "Lone Ranger" condemning the Middle East peace process, and that many involved call Kerry "naive." (Read more)
2. Tony Blair: There Is A Problem Within Islam - Breitbart
Blair made clear that he does not believe there is a problem within Islam per se, but that there is "a strain within Islam" that must be faced. He wrote that this strain "has at its heart a view about religion and about the interaction between religion and politics that is not compatible with pluralistic, liberal, open-minded societies." Blair indicated that the problem within Islam is bigger than one or two adherents. In fact, he wrote that it is not simply "the province of a few extremists." (Read more)
3. Israel prepares as war clouds gather - independent.co.uk
Russia's determination to supply Syria with S-300 missiles raises fears of arming Hezbollah
From the window of Shrifa Schlomitz's dental surgery at the top of a high rise in the Stella Maris area of Haifa, you can clearly see the three Patriot missile batteries pointing over the Mediterranean Sea towards the Lebanese border, just 30km away. In recent weeks, the drums of war have been beating louder. A week ago, there were reports in the Israeli media that a rocket was fired from Lebanon towards Israel. (Read more)
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory . . ." (2 Corinthians 4:16-17)
1. Iran-Pastor Arrested and AOG Church Raided - Voice of the Martyrs
Pastor Robert Asserian, of the Assemblies of God church in Tehran, was arrested and taken to an unknown location on May 21, after a large detachment of Islamic Security agents raided the church and arrested everyone present. Security agents first raided Pastor Asserian's home, confiscating many of his belongings. They then searched the church, seizing books, documents and some equipment.
The arrests and raid are thought to be in retaliation for the church's refusal to close its doors after Islamic officials offered to release Pastor Farhad and his wife (arrested in December 2011) if the church would close. A source from the church said, "The pressure has become unbearable; the government authorities constantly threaten the church leaders and their families with imprisonment, unexplained accidents, kidnapping and even with execution. We cannot go on like this."
2. Vietnam-Pastor Beaten to Death in Prison - Voice of the Martyrs
Vietnamese church leader Hau Nyak from Dak Nong province died in prison on March 17 after being severely beaten by police officials. Hau and his brother were reportedly arrested on March 15, one day after the arrest of Hau's wife and sister-in law, and told to bring bail for their wives' release. The reason for the women's arrest is unclear, as police did not present an arrest warrant.
3. Nigeria-Pastor Murdered by Muslim Militants - Voice of the Martyrs
On May 14, Pastor Faye Pama, Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Borno State and Senior Pastor of Rhema Assembly Church, was murdered by Boko Haram militants. The attackers reportedly followed Pastor Pama to his home in Maiduguri after he left a Bible study at his church. The gunmen dragged Pastor Pama out of his house and shot him to death in front of his 17-year-old daughter as she pleaded for his life.
Pastor Pama was a husband and father of four children, ages 19, 17, 11 and 6. He served in ministry leadership for more than 26 years and believed that Muslims could be won to Christ only by showing them love, rather than through fighting. The Muslim militant group Boko Haram has reportedly killed more than 4,000 people since 2009.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Al Qaeda, the White House, and prophecy
There is a tangled web of intrigue surrounding White House foreign policy and the Islamic al Qaeda terrorist organization. The occupant of the Oval Office says that al Qaeda is on the path to defeat. By his direct orders, however, the US supported the Muslim Brotherhood/al Qaeda-led takeover in Libya, Yemen, and Tunisia, and is supporting the al Qaeda-led rebellion in Syria. Yet, on May 23rd, he told the National Defense University that "Today, the core of al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan is on the path to defeat...They did not direct the attacks in Benghazi or Boston. They've not carried out a successful attack on our homeland since 9/11." That's not what al Qaeda says.
AFP reports that on June 2, al Qaeda's military chief in Yemen encouraged Muslims to continue attacking America's homeland. AFP quoted Qassim al-Rimi in a letter to the American people, "The Boston events... and the poisoned letters (sent to the White House), regardless of who is behind them, show that your security is no longer under control, and that attacks on you have taken off and cannot be stopped." He told Muslims in the United States, "We encourage you to carry on with this way, be steadfast in your religion. Carry out your obligations, defend your religion and follow in the footsteps of those who supported their religion and Ummah (Muslim nation) while they are in their enemy's den."
The White House considers al Qaeda in the Arab Peninsula (led by al-Rimi) as the most dangerous to American interests. Yet, in the occupant's speech he gave several conflicting messages. He said that "Unrest in the Arab world has also allowed extremists to gain a foothold in countries like Libya and Syria. In Libya, however, he used the US military to support al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood in taking over Libya. He also has pledged over $250 million to the Syrian opposition, which is widely known to be comprised of al Qaeda, of which over $50 million has been dispersed. Perhaps this is consistent with his statement "the United States is not at war with Islam."
This White House is saying on one had that al Qaeda needs to be defeated. On the other hand, it is feeding the organization millions of taxpayer dollars and military assistance where it can. He says America is not at war with Islam, while implying that the US is at war with al Qaeda. Article three of the US Constitution states: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort." Proverbs 29:1 says, "He, that being often reproved stiffens his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." There is much danger ahead if we continue in this current direction. We cannot serve two masters.
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
SUPREME COURT'S DOMA RULING PENDING
SUPREME COURT'S DOMA RULING PENDING
Americans have heard a lot over the past year when it comes to the heavily contested and controversial issue of gay marriage and the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). Now, the U.S. Supreme Court is expected to finally make its ruling.
The Supreme Court is looking at four major rulings over the next four weeks. By the end of June, lives will be changed and legacies will be made regardless of the outcomes of those hearings. (Source: Intercessors for America)
- As judicial opinions regarding these four Supreme Court cases are being developed, pray that the Lord will be heard by all parties and that God's righteousness would be incorporated in the decisions settled upon for the good of our nation. Pray that the phrase "One Nation Under God" would have true bearing upon the resolve of these issues.
- "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple." (Psalm 19:7)
Commentary: SCOTUS and Same Sex Marriage
A Commentary: SCOTUS AND SAME SEX MARRIAGE
["SCOTUS" is the acronym for the Supreme Court of the United States.]
By MAJ. GEN. JERRY RALPH CURRY, US ARMY RET., D. MIN.
If this summer's actions by the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) reclassify same sex marriage as a civil right, the homosexual lifestyle will become the norm for American civilization, in spite of the fact that for thousands of years marriage has traditionally been only between a man and a woman. In 1987 Margaret Thatcher, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom said, "Children who need to be taught to respect traditional moral values are being taught that they had an inalienable right to be gay."
This reclassification may work for a small minority of people, but it won't work for society as a whole. If it were such a great idea, America's citizens would be able to freely participate in the gay life style without doing harm to themselves and to society. When a court is most convinced that it is doing well is when it is most susceptible to be doing harm. Someone who prefers to live the same sex lifestyle is not just an American who wants to be treated like everyone else. Homosexuals want to fundamentally change American society and the heterosexual way of life. Evil is more than ignorance.
If every American adopted this kind of lifestyle, a hundred years from now America would cease to exist, because during that period no children would be born. Should SCOTUS actually declare homosexuality a civil right, it logically follows that polygamy, pedophilia and bestiality would one day also be declared a civil right by the Court. In spite of society's thirst for more modernism, inclusiveness and diversity, who would want to live in the midst of such moral depravity?
. . . once SCOTUS throws wide open society's homosexual doors, it will be impossible to get the animals back into the barn, let alone back into the stall. Even worse, the lawyers will have a litigating field day. It is impossible to imagine how much fun lawyers will have and how creative they will become arguing cases under such a Supreme Court ruling.
According to our Founders, citizen's rights transcend government rights; they are entitlements bestowed upon mankind at birth by a just God, the author of history and the Creator of divine law. That same God bestows upon mankind certain unalienable rights. Our government is crafted and designed to protect those rights, not just to exploit and enjoy the freedoms they provide.
In its deliberations and decisions concerning whether the Constitution permits citizens to openly flaunt the gay life style, SCOTUS should be guided by the natural law and moral code given to us by our Creator, the God of our founding.
In a society, without a moral basis for its actions and beliefs, any and everything is permissible, including the concocting of evil intrigues and abominable life styles.
[To read the entire article, go here.]> > > Pray that this teaching will reach the hands of the Supreme Court justices now, as they begin to write their opinions on the upholding of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and Proposition 8 in the State of California. Declare and decree that this profound analysis will pierce the hearts of each one of the nine justices unto righteousness, and that God's perfect will shall be done for this nation as they render their opinions on these two cases. IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.
IT IS WRITTEN: "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple." (Psalm 19:7)
Pro-Life Law Under Consideration
TIME MAY BE RIGHT FOR PAIN-CAPABLE PRO-LIFE LAW
Congress is being asked to pass a bill that would ban abortions if the baby is capable of feeling pain. It has been introduced in the House by Congressman Trent Franks (R-Arizona).
The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act would ban abortions after 20 weeks. Douglas Johnson of the National Right to Life Committee tells OneNewsNow it is an important bill.
- Pray that there will be a truthful disclosure to the fact that a child in the womb does feel pain at an early age. Pray that Congress will acknowledge this truth and establish a law to protect these most vulnerable children before birth.
- "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5)
[Reported by: Intercessors for America]
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Merry Christmas Bill Passed by Texas Lawmakers
I think there are too many scrooges. Teachers have enough on their plate to worry about the school districts going to be sued if they call a Christmas tree a Christmas tree," - Texas State Representative Dwayne Bohac
Austin, TX)-FOX News reports that Texas lawmakers have not only just made it "politically correct for teachers to say 'Merry Christmas'" in Texas classrooms, but also legal for Christmas trees, menorahs, and nativity scenes to be displayed.
Dubbed the "Merry Christmas Bill," House Bill 308 is now on its way to Governor Rick Perry for his approval, which he is expected to do.
The bill was the brainchild of State Rep. Dwayne Bohac, who was "flabbergasted" when his son came home from school using the word "holiday" instead of Christmas.
"I think there are too many scrooges. Teachers have enough on their plate to worry about the school districts going to be sued if they call a Christmas tree a Christmas tree," he said. "We hope administrators and teachers remain mindful that it is of utmost importance that it's parents who teach their children about matters of faith, not public schools." (Fox News) Read more.
[Reported by Teresa Neumann, Breaking Christian News, May 31, 2013]
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Powerful prayer (Scripture verses) for healing:
"I AM the God that healeth thee." (Exodus 15:26)