Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Monday, June 17, 2013
"What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. . . ." (Mark 10:9)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. US High School Recites Pledge In Arabic: 'One Nation Under Allah' - Freedom Outpost
Well now, here is evidence of what I've been saying all along and that is that you cannot be religiously neutral. It just can't happen. Religion is at our very core and if we will not honor the true and living God as God, then we will fill that vacuum with a false god. Exhibit A: Rocky Mountain High School in Colorado. Outrage is building over the fact that students were encouraged to recite the Pledge of Allegiance over the loudspeaker in Arabic replacing "one nation under God" with "one nation under Allah."
The school's principal, Tom Lopez, is standing by his decision to allow the pledge after receiving a flood of complaints from parents outraged over the incident. He claims to not be pushing and Islamic agenda. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we have fallen so far that we are being dictated to by the wants and feelings of an extreme minority number of citizens, often just one person. This report says that only one email was positive to support this action and yet no change by the school administration is being taken. Instead it is 'justified'.. Lord, we repent that in the 1960's we allowed one person to demand prayer to be removed from public schools. Forgive us Lord; have mercy upon us! We admit we are reaping what our non action sowed, and that You alone, Lord, are the One who can change what is occurring in our society now due to these negligent decisions. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits; and in His word I do hope." (Psalm 130:5)
2. New ID rules would threaten citizens' rights - CNN
Buried in the comprehensive immigration reform legislation before the Senate are obscure provisions that impose on Americans expansive national identification systems, tied to electronic verification schemes. Under the guise of "reform," these trample fundamental rights and freedoms. Requirements in Senate Bill 744 for mandatory worker IDs and electronic verification remove the right of citizens to take employment and "give" it back as a privilege only when proper proof is presented and the government agrees.
Such systems are inimical to a free society and are costly to the economy and treasury. Any citizen wanting to take a job would face the regulation that his or her digitized high-resolution passport or driver's license photo be collected and stored centrally in a Department of Homeland Security Citizenship and Immigration Services database. The pictures in the national database would then need to be matched against the job applicant's government-issued "enhanced" ID card, using a Homeland Security-mandated facial-recognition "photo tool." Only when those systems worked perfectly could the new hire take the job. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, as the article says, the E-verify part of this proposal has been used for a while, with a number of states and businesses not agreeing to it. It also reportedly caused false rejections so that citizens did not get or keep their jobs. Adding further data comparisons and cross reference checks could produce more 'false' rejections, making obtaining or keeping a job more difficult. There is the biometric aspects of this proposal, which are even further invasions into citizens' privacy.
Lord, the key in all of this is the concern for security and verification versus an increasing violation of constitutional rights. Lord, we seek Your protection and Your miracles so that citizens are not rejected as to their jobs and their rights are not damaged or destroyed. We ask You to abide in the midst of this decision and development; having mercy Lord and confronting the national leadership over this! In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14:12)
3. 'Obamacare' benefits mandate could further phase out full-time work - Washington Times
President Obama's health care reform is prompting employers to hire more part-time and temporary workers to escape paying benefits under a mandate that goes into effect next year, amplifying a trend toward transient employment that took hold during the recession, according to a growing number of economic indicators.
- Father God, we continue to cry out to You in our distress that we be relieved of this horrible program. Lord God, would you intervene on our behalf? And for those of us who know how to stand under Your authority in the Courts of Heaven, we decree that "it is finished," in Jesus' Name. Amen.
- "Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways." (Job 22:28)
4. Obama 'Strongly Objects' to Religious Liberty Amendment - Fox News
The Obama Administration "strongly objects" to a proposed amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act on Wednesday that would have protected the religious rights of soldiers -- including evangelical Christian service members who are facing growing hostility towards their religion.
- Offer praise unto the Lord that He IS the "king of all kings" and the "Lord of all Lords." As such, all final authority rests with Him! Ask our Lord to issue a "stop order" on any initiative in the NDAA that would restrict our freedom of religion in the United States of America. Amen.
- "The upright see and rejoice, but all the wicked shut their mouths." (Psalm 107:42)
5. Supreme Court decision on DOMA, gay marriage could be announced soon - RNN
The highly anticipated U.S. Supreme Court rulings on the Defense of Marriage Act and the constitutionality of California's Proposition 8 may come by the end of the week, at the earliest.
- Some have felt to let go of interceding over these two opinions at the Supreme Court, sensing that behind closed doors, these decisions have been made. This is not true! Continue to "press in" with the Lord, lifting up the nine Justices of the United States Supreme Court until all opinions have been made public, and the battle is won. Thank you!
- "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. . . ." (Mark 10:9)
6. U.S. to Iran: Come clean on nuclear program and you'll find partner in us - Haaretz
U.S. President Barack Obama's chief of staff said on Sunday the election of Iranian President Hassan Rowhani was a "potentially hopeful sign," and that if he lived up to his obligation "to come clean on this illicit nuclear program, he will find a partner in us." Speaking on CBS's "Face the Nation," Denis McDonough said: "If he (Rowani) is interested in, as he has said in his campaign, mending Iran's relations with the rest of the world, there is an opportunity to do that."
On Sunday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged the West not to let up pressure on Iran to curb its nuclear ambitions after the election of a new president widely seen as a moderate. "We won't fool ourselves, [and] the international community shouldn't be tempted into wishful thinking and weaken the pressure on Iran regarding their nuclear program," Netanyahu said of the election results.
Also on Sunday, Syrian President Bashar Assad said Damascus hopes to strengthen its ties with Tehran. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we come before You about the nuclear weapons being developed in Iran. We Your remnant as well as Israeli leaders agree that this nuclear development will continue to be a very serious threat to the rest of the world regardless of who is in power within Iran. We ask that You raise up Your right hand and extend Your arm to miraculously arrest this development, where all will know it was You Lord alone who did this! In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectations is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved." (Psalm 62:5-6)
7. Palin on Syria: 'Let Allah Sort It Out' - Breitbart
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said until the United States has a Commander-in-Chief who knows what he is doing, America should stay out of the mess in the Middle East.
"Until we have someone who knows what they're doing, I say let Allah sort it out," Palin said, in reference to the Obama administration's decision last week to arm Syrian rebels. She made her comments while headlining the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference in Washington, D.C on Saturday.
Palin asked, "militarily, where is our Commander-in-Chief?"
She noted America is "talking" about "more new interventions" in "radical Islamic countries" where both sides are slaughtering each other" by crossing "arbitrary red lines" while screaming "Allah Akbar."
Palin noted that these countries do not even respect "basic human rights."
Here is Palin's quote in full:
"Militarily, where is our commander-in-chief? We're talking now more new interventions. I say until we know what we're doing, until we have a commander-in-chief who knows what he's doing, well, let these radical Islamic countries who aren't even respecting basic human rights, where both sides are slaughtering each other as they scream over an arbitrary red line, 'Allah Akbar,' I say until we have someone who knows what they're doing, I say let Allah sort it out." (Read more.)
- Come against the backlash that Sarah Palin will inevitably have to endure due to her very astute comments. It is true that, in the Middle East today, there are no winners -- except the nation of Israel, who lives according to the Judeo- Christian ethic that our nation is based upon.
Praise God for Sarah Palin! May her voice ring out loud and clear in these troubled times!!
- " . . . no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me," declares the Lord." (Isaiah 54:17)
8. Abdullah: Jordan ready to fight threats from Syria -Jerusalem Post
Jordan's King Abdullah said on Sunday the kingdom was ready to fight to protect itself against any threat to its security from the escalating civil war in neighboring Syria. He was speaking as Jordanian and US forces proceeded with joint military exercises with the participation of 17 other countries. Diplomats say the exercises, which entered their second week, aim to send a strong message to Syrian President Bashar Assad. (Read more)
- Because the Kingdom of Jordan has always been a friend to Israel, we are encouraged by this statement made by King Abdullah. Pray for wisdom for this king and for all of the other "kings" in this region, for only the Hand of God ultimately directs their ways. Amen.
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." (Prov. 21:1)
9. Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu in Poland to meet leaders, visit infamous Auschwitz Nazi death camp - Fox News (Posted June 12)
WARSAW, Poland - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday kicked off a two-day visit to Poland that is steeped in symbolism, focusing on the Jewish people's painful history there as well as the strong relations between Poland and the Jewish state today.
Netanyahu will meet with Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk in Warsaw before heading south on Thursday to visit the former Nazi death camp of Auschwitz, where he will inaugurate a new pavilion meant to educate visitors about the Holocaust and the Nazi Germany's quest to exterminate the Jewish people. (Read more)
To view the remarks made by P.M. Netanyahu, go here.
- Our hearts literally ache when we consider even the word: Auschwitz. We are thankful that the nation of Poland has erected this museum so that the horrors that happened there will never happen again. We praise God, too, for the strong friendship that exists between these two nations. Thank you, Lord.
- (For the blessing of the nation of Poland) "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." (Gen. 12:3)
U.S. - Israeli Policy
U.S. - Israeli Policy
1. Ya'alon wraps up trip to Washington with Pentagon meeting
US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel hosted Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon at the Pentagon Friday, part of Ya'alon's trip which also included meetings with other senior US officials and American Jewish leaders.
The meetings reportedly included discussions about Syria's ongoing civil war and other regional issues, but mainly focused on Iran's renegade nuclear program. "We are very worried by the advances in the Iranian nuclear project, and worried by what we don't know," Ya'alon said.
He added his belief that the Assad regime in Syria cannot win the civil war because it controls "just 40% of Syria" and told his hosts that the Lebanese Shi'ite terror militia Hezbollah has suffered "more than a thousand casualties." Regarding Israel's stance on Syria Ya'alon said bluntly "We don't intervene, we do not interfere. Any Israel intervention might affect the side we support, and not for its benefit." (ICEJ News)
- Pray that our own administration will take heed to these words of Mr. Ya'alon, for the insights of Israel are our best source of intelligence when forging policy in the Middle East.
- "For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers." (Proverbs 11:14)
2. Ya'alon: Kerry peace move has failed so far
Israeli Defense Minister Moshe "Bogie" Ya'alon may have ruffled more than a few feathers in Washington on Friday by declaring that Secretary of State John Kerry's peace initiative has "failed so far" and that the Arab League proposals - which Kerry has praised - is nothing more than "spin." In an address to the Washington Institute in advance of his meeting with U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, Ya'alon said that Kerry's plan to bring the sides to the table had missed its June 7 deadline and had "failed so far." Ya'alon praised the "earnest and intimate" dialogue what has developed between him and Hagel.
He dismissed the recent Arab League agreement for "territorial swaps" between Israel and the Palestinians and the Arab initiative as a whole as nothing more than "spin" and a "dictation" to Israel to give up territory before discussing its own demands. U.S. Secretary of State Kerry has praised the Arab League move as a significant step towards peace. (Ha'aretz) Read more.
- Pray that John Kerry's solutions to the Arab/Israel conflicts are continually but politely ignored. Pray that the Israelis will stand determinedly against its enemies.
- "But You have saved us from our enemies, and has put them to shame that hated us." (Psalm 44: 7)
3. Ya'alon calls for . . . U.S. . . . to 'go all the way' against Iran
Ya'alon also said that Iranian leader Ali Khamenei "has to be convinced that the U.S. and the West have the political stomach to go all the way - including the use of military force" before he will consider stopping Tehran's nuclear drive.
"Iran should face clear dilemma whether to go on with rogue activities or to survive as a regime," Ya'alon said. (Ha'aretz) Read more.
- Once again, pray that Obama will take heed to these words.
- "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"But now, this is what the Lord says- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)
1. Is Hungary Being Pressured by China to Persecute Christians? - BosNewsLife
Hungary remained under pressure Wednesday, June 12, to explain its relations with China after expelling the vice-president of the World Uyghur Congress (WUC) on "terrorism charges" and preventing a Budapest meeting dedicated to the religious and political rights of the Uyghur people.
WUC official Umit Hamit Agahi, a German citizen, told Radio Free Asia that he believes Chinese state security services may have provided Hungarian police with "false" information about himself and "triggered alarm" in Hungary.
"Only China calls the WUC a terrorist organization," he said.
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán, who has been criticized by the European Union for his perceived autocratic policies towards churches, media, courts, central bank and other previously independent institutions, has made clear he wants stronger economic ties with China.
The Chinese government has pressured countries questioning its human rights records.
2. Laos: Christian Families Face Expulsion for Their Faith - Release International
Families in two villages in Laos have been asked to leave their homes and resettle elsewhere because they have turned to Christ.
Release contacts say that in Keang Khean in north-central Laos, the village chief has asked all Christians to leave immediately. Tensions in the village, which is in the Chomphet district of Luang Prabang province, are said to be running so high that our contacts are unable to visit the Christians in question.
Meanwhile, three families in a village called Sanam have been given official notice they should leave, after two years of persecution. The 18 members of the Ser, Taam and Thong families had their papers confiscated last year and still have not had them returned.
Our contacts have also requested prayer for a house church in the Hom district of Vientiane province. The four families who founded this church came to Christ after a woman was healed of a serious illness in 2005 when a pastor prayed for her.
The families had been attending a church which was a six-mile walk away, but decided to set up a church in their own village, a congregation that has since swelled to 16 families. However, they have faced stiff opposition in their village, including accusations that their worship creates disharmony. On one occasion, a police officer threatened them with violence unless they recanted their faith.
3. Senator Rand Paul Laments U.S. Tax Dollars Funding Worldwide Persecution of Christians - Washington Examiner
Speaking at the Faith and Freedom Coalition's Road to Majority conference in Washington, D.C. today, Sen. Rand Paul, R-K.y., condemned persecution of Christians in Muslim countries and called for an end to U.S. aid to such nations.
"It angers me to see my tax dollars supporting regimes that put Christians to death for blasphemy against Islam, countries that put to death Muslims who convert to Christianity, and countries who imprison anyone who marries outside their religion," Paul said.
He cited Asia Bibi, a Christian in Pakistan, who is on death row for drinking from a Muslim co-worker's glass as an example, as well as the plight of Iraq's substantial Christian population in Iraq.
"These countries are not our allies, and no amount of money is going to make them so," Paul said. "It makes no sense. Should we be sending F-16s and tanks to Egypt when (President Mohammed) Morsi says Jews are descendants of apes and pigs?"
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
The dangerous road to destruction
Psalm 33:12 says, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!" Proverbs 29:2 says, "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn." There is tremendous debate among Christians as to whether nations are judged and the people in them suffer the consequences of that judgment or whether there are just natural consequences to going against God's laws, and most anything in between these days. I have heard debates over whether these types of verses only refer to Israel and just about everything in between. However you believe, know that God will judge the nations, and the people in them.
The United States is on the path to prophetic destruction by virtue of the leadership its people have chosen and the ungodly acts they continue to commit. This Administration has turned to the dark side by supporting not only the enemies of the American, but also the enemies of God. We see in the Bible irrefutable evidence of the nations and people who come against Israel in the end times. This is found in the prophets of the Old Testament as well as in the prophetic book of Revelation in every account of the Day of the Lord--when the Lord returns to establish his reign on earth. The Arab nations, the Islamic or Ishmaelite people, are those specifically mentioned as coming against Israel in the Day of the Lord.
Whether you believe in a pre-trib, mid-trib, or pre-wrath rapture, there is absolutely no doubt as to who will come against God's people in the end. While we see in Zechariah 12 through 14 that Israel, specifically, Jerusalem will suffer during this time, we also see that the Lord will save her and restore her, that both the Jews and the Gentiles will know that He is LORD. We also know that the nations that come against Israel in "that day" will be destroyed. Think for a moment what "destroyed" means. Because a nation cannot be destroyed without its people being routed. Zechariah 12:9 says, "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem."
The current leadership of the United States is supporting all things Islam. From high level appointments to military and security positions to excluding mosques from its blanket wiretapping and surveillance to sending tax money to support the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda in Egypt, Libya, Syria and who knows where else to promoting colonization-motivated Islamic centers near the nation's capital, this Administration is guiding America down the path of Biblical prophetic destruction. It is foolishness to believe that strong believers will not be affected. Didn't Jesus say the Father "makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust"? It is better to be on the righteous side of prophecy.
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
SCOTUS Throws Out Arizona Voter Law
Supreme Court: Voters Need Not Be Citizens
The Supreme Court is paving the way for illegals to vote as they make it easier for them to register to vote in our country. All they need to do is sign a registration form saying they are citizens and they will be allowed to vote. Checking this out is no longer allowed. We already have amnesty in this country. Immigration reform will be a joke since there will be no reason for them to even want to become a citizen! Check it out:
The Supreme Court says states cannot require would-be voters to prove they are U.S. citizens before using a federal registration system designed to make signing up easier.
The justices voted 7-2 to throw out Arizona's voter-approved requirement that prospective voters document their U.S. citizenship in order to use a registration form produced under the federal "Motor Voter" voter registration law.
The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said that the 1993 National Voter Registration Act, which doesn't require such documentation, trumps Arizona's Proposition 200 passed in 2004. Arizona officials say their law is needed to stop non-Americans from voting in elections, while opponents see it as an attack on minorities, immigrants and the elderly. (Fox News) Read more.
- Stand in repentance for this decision by "the highest court in the land." What were they thinking? We come before the High Court of Heaven, asking forgiveness of each justice who rendered this opinion, for they know not what they do. We submit our own "Supreme Court" to the Lord, for our "Supreme Court" is not THE SUPREME court. Praise God that He rules in justice and in mercy. Pray!
- "O let the evil of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous . . ." (Psalm 7:9)
A Summer Of Discontent?
A Summer Of Discontent?
According to the latest CNN poll, President Obama's approval rating has fallen eight points in the past month. Forty-five percent of the country approves of Obama's job performance, while 54% disapproves. Last month the numbers were essentially reversed with 54% approving and 45% disapproving. And it's hard to find much good news for the president based on this survey. For example:
- Americans disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy by a 15-point margin (42% to 57%).
- They disapprove of his handling of foreign affairs by a 10-point margin (44% to 54%).
- On immigration, Obama is down 16 points (40% to 56%).
- On his handling of the deficit, he's down a whopping 30 points (34% to 64%).
- And just 35% of Americans approve of the way Obama has handled the government's surveillance of U.S. citizens, while 61% disapprove.
When asked whether they felt Obama was "honest and trustworthy," Americans were divided with 49% saying yes and 50% saying no. That's a big change from one month ago, when the numbers were overwhelmingly in his favor -- 58% to 41%.
A month ago Americans were divided -- 48% to 50% -- on whether Obama shared their views on the "size and power of government." But now, 57% of Americans do not believe Obama shares their views on the size and power of government.
Moreover, 62% of Americans agreed with the statement "the federal government has become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens." Far from living up to the hype about hope and change, Americans increasingly fear the government under Obama.
Here's one more point to consider: CNN found that among Americans 30 years old and younger, Obama experienced a massive 17-point drop in support. Are we to conclude that America's youth, who had been among Obama's most loyal supporters, suddenly became racist? Of course not. But it exposes the left's hypocrisy when it cries "RACISM!" anytime someone questions Obama's bad ideas. (Gary Bauer)
Join Call 2 Fall
Join Call 2 Fall
Sunday, June 30th
"Call 2 Fall" on our knees is for every Christ-follower in America. Specifically, there are multiplied millions of believers who realize that America is in trouble and that neither Washington nor Wall Street has the answers.
The goal is to have 40,000 churches join in a corporate act of humility, repentance, and desperate prayer on our knees before the Lord. Just setting aside a definite time during worship on June 30, 2013 when you call your people to get on their knees and faces before the Lord in repentant prayer for God to reshape our lives and renew our land.
Click here for free church resources that may be helpful.
> > > To join the millions who are making a commitment to fall on their knees in repentance for our national sin on Sunday, June 30th, go here.
> > > To learn more about the Call2Fall movement, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Georgia Right to Life Praises High Court's Defense of Human Dignity
(Norcross, GA)-Georgia Right to Life (GRTL) President Dan Becker praised Thursday's U. S. Supreme Court's unanimous ruling that human genes cannot be patented. He added that it should send a wakeup call to Georgia lawmakers to approve comprehensive biotechnology legislation.
"Biotechnology is charging full steam ahead on many fronts," Becker said. "Much of that research is beneficial, while some is potentially dangerous and unethical. The nation's high court has solved one key problem: human beings are not a commodity and their genes are not commercial property to be bought and sold."
Noting that it's critical to establish broad ethical guidelines for all biotech research, Becker urged the Georgia Legislature to approve the Ethical Treatment of Human Embryos Act, HB 481.
Submitted earlier this year, the bill is designed to promote cutting edge biotechnological research, while preventing many of the most unethical and dangerous practices.
The Supreme Court case involved Utah-based Myriad Genetics which had been granted patents on two genes whose mutations are linked to an increased hereditary risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
The genes are used to test women to determine if they have the potential to develop those types of cancer.
In the opinion, Justice Clarence Thomas said "Myriad did not create anything," because the genes are naturally occurring.
"Preventing companies from owning genes is a great step forward," Becker said. "But there are a host of other issues that need to be addressed here in Georgia."
Becker said HB 481 will be brought up again in the 2014 legislative session.
(Breaking Christian News)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
The Hurt & The Healer
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I fall into Your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide