Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, June 5, 2013
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7))
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. U.S. publishes details of missile base Israel wanted kept secret - McClatchy
TEL AVIV, Israel - Israel's military fumed Monday over the discovery that the U.S. government had revealed details of a top-secret Israeli military installation in published bid requests.
The Obama administration had promised to build Israel a state-of-the-art facility to house a new ballistic-missile defense system, the Arrow 3. As with all Defense Department projects, detailed specifications were made public so that contractors could bid on the $25 million project. The specifications included more than 1,000 pages of details on the facility, ranging from the heating and cooling systems to the thickness of the walls.
"If an enemy of Israel wanted to launch an attack against a facility, this would give him an easy how-to guide. This type of information is closely guarded and its release can jeopardize the entire facility," said an Israeli military official who commented on the publication of the proposal but declined to be named because he wasn't authorized to discuss the facility. He declined to say whether plans for the facility have been altered as a result of the disclosure.
"This is more than worrying, it is shocking," he said. (Read more)
> > For more commentary on this news, please see today's Daily Jot.
- Father, we ask that You will choose the American contractor that has an allegiance to Israel who will not divulge any further details regarding the construction of this military installation. We call out to the Lord God of Israel to protect them from their enemies and overshadow this project with Your cloud of glory by day, and Your fire of protection by night during the construction of this facility, and forever. May the U.S. government repent of the sin of betrayal, which is especially applicable since Israel has done no wrong. Protect America that we as a country will not fall prey to the affects of reaping this sin. In Jesus' Name.
- "But the Lord is the true God of truth, He is the living God, and an everlasting king of eternity: at His wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide His indignation." (Jeremiah 10:10)
2. South Carolina House passes bill making 'Obamacare' implementation a crime - Washington Times
The South Carolina state House passed a bill Wednesday that declares President Obama's Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to be "null and void," and criminalizes its implementation.
- Father, may other states follow this declaration. We pray the voice of citizens be heard on this issue, and action taken. Deliver us, Lord. In Jesus Name.
- You are a hiding place for us; You, Lord preserve us from trouble. You surround us with songs and shouts of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7)
3. Kerry says US will sign UN treaty on arms regulation despite lawmaker opposition - Fox News
Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday that the Obama administration would sign a controversial U.N. treaty on arms regulation, despite bipartisan resistance in Congress from members concerned it could lead to new gun control measures in the U.S.
- Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. (Psalm 32:9)
4. Rice Named to Top Security Force - Fox News
UN Ambassador Susan Rice, who came under fire over her role following the Benghazi terror attack, will replace Tom Donilon, pictured left, who is resigning as Obama's national security adviser, a White House official tells Fox News.
- Father, have mercy upon Susan Rice in this new position. Give her insight and abilities, In Jesus Name. May she do what is right, because it is right, and not try to cover up lies and deceit.
- No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence. (Psalm 101:7)
5. Deadly Okla. tornado widest on record, rare EF5 - AP
The deadly tornado that plowed through an area near Oklahoma City last week was even larger and more powerful than previously estimated -- a record 2.6 miles wide with winds that reached nearly 300 mph, just shy of the strongest winds ever measured.
Flooding worst in 500 years in parts of Europe - UPI
Deadly flooding in some parts of central Europe Monday reached levels unseen for 500 years, officials said. The death toll was at least nine.
- Father in heaven, these headlines are pointing to the fact that in these end-times, we are witnessing the earth groaning to receive our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. It is time to get our lives and homes ready for the return of Jesus to the earth. When the believers are caught up to meet Him in the air, the unbelievers will remain on the earth, and will come under the reign of the anti-Christ. Jesus, save as many as will accept You as Savior of their souls. In Jesus' Name.
- "That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9-10)
6. Al Qaeda weapons expert: U.S. ambassador to Libya killed by lethal injection - Washington Times
An al Qaeda terrorist stated in a recent online posting that U.S. Ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens was killed by lethal injection after plans to kidnap him during the Sept. 11 attacks in Benghazi went bad.
- Oh God, may this never happen again to any United States personnel given a job in a foreign country. Protect each one by your power. Father, we declare that the ones who failed to protect Christopher Stevens and the one who killed him physically will be found and brought to justice and sentenced. Let this remain a prominent issue to be resolved. In Jesus' Name.
-"Then shall you bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto your gates, even that man or that woman, and shall execute them, till they die. At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death." (Deuteronomy 17:5-6)
7. US considers stationing F-16s, Patriot missiles in Jordan - Ynet News
The United States will send a Patriot missile battery and F-16 fighters to Jordan for a military drill and may keep the weapons there to counter the threat posed by Syria's civil war, officials said Monday.
- Father, we ask that all of this will fold into Your end-time plan, and that all major decisions made by the nations will follow the course that the Lord has set out for them to follow. Block all efforts that do not serve God's purpose and bind the prince of the power of the air. In Jesus' Name.
-"If they obey and serve the Lord, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures. But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge." (Job 36:11-12)
8. Diplomats say Iran nuclear reactor damaged by quake - Times of Israel
Diplomats say countries monitoring Iran's nuclear program have picked up information that the country's only power-producing nuclear reactor was damaged by one or more recent earthquakes.
- Father, this is Your hand preventing Iran's nuclear program from causing destruction between nations. There is nothing that will happen beyond what is written in the Word of God, and we ask that there will be a shaking in Iran that will shake men to cry out for God to save their souls through Jesus Christ. In His Name we pray.
- "For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows." (Matthew 24:7-8)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple." (Psalm 19:7)
1. Official: Hetz 3 is in process of advanced development - Ynet News
As reports emerge of a secret rocket-launching base in central Israel, top Israeli officials confirm that, escalation along the Syrian border notwithstanding, Iran's unsanctioned uranium development program remains the major threat to Israel's security.
2. US spills Israeli missile defense secrets - Times of Israel
The US government has publicized classified information detailing the location, design and specifications of a launch site to be built from this summer for Israel's new Arrow 3 anti-ballistic missile system. The details, apparently spilled in error, appear to include highly sensitive information relevant to the struggle against Iran's nuclear ambitions.
3. Settler leaders to PM: Stop de-facto W. Bank freeze - Jerusalem Post
Warning that a de-facto freeze exists for housing tenders in West Bank settlements and Jewish east Jerusalem homes, settler leaders and Construction and Housing Minister Uri Ariel (Bayit Yehudi) met Tuesday night.
4. Israel opposes int'l forces as part of peace deal - Jerusalem Post
Even as US Secretary of State John Kerry has been keeping details of Washington's vision for a possible Israeli-Palestinian peace deal very much under wraps, International Relations Minister Yuval Steinitz made clear Tuesday that Jerusalem would oppose any attempt to introduce international forces into the equation.
5. Frog thought to be extinct found in Israel pond - USA Today
A poster child for amphibian extinction has turned up alive and bearing a scientific secret in Israel.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory . . ." (2 Corinthians 4:16-17)
1. Exclusive Interview with South Korean Priest Details Continued Persecution of Christians in North Korea - Aid to the Church in Need
For months the North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un has been provoking the USA and South Korea with missile tests and invasion videos. Observers have rated the risk of a nuclear first strike by Pyongyang as greater than ever. China has now increased the pressure on North Korea to resume the suspended nuclear negotiations. For Catholic priest Lee Eun-hyung, General Secretary of the Catholic "Committee for the Reconciliation of the Korean People" based in Seoul, the present conflict means a bitter set-back for the reconciliation work in the 15 South Korean dioceses, which has been in progress since 1999. Talking to the Catholic charity Aid to the Church in Need, Father Lee reported on the situation of Christians in communist North Korea and on his work for the suffering population there.
Q) Father Lee, you have visited Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea, three times. What did you experience there?
A) In 2005, 2008 and 2011 I flew to Pyongyang via China. There I spoke to representatives of the "Catholic Association Joseon", which is officially recognised by the North Korean authorities. Thanks to this association we were able to supply humanitarian aid to North Korea and set up a religious exchange. On each visit I celebrated Holy Mass in the Catholic church of "Jangchung", named after the city district where it is located. North Korean believers attended. Nevertheless the North Korean authorities told me it was strictly forbidden for me and those working with me to contact the country's citizens personally. It was therefore impossible to get an insight into how they live and think.
Q) How many Christians are there living in North Korea today?
A) It's difficult to say how many believers there are in North Korea. After all, North Korea is the most secretive country in the world. I think the figures given for religious adherents in North Korea in the numerous sets of statistics are not precise. The North Korean authorities told us that there are 3,000 Catholics in the country. But we don't know whether this figure is correct, or how it was arrived at. In the period before the country was divided in 1945 there were very many Christians in North Korea.
2. Wife of Christian Pastor Imprisoned in Iran Takes Plea to UN - Fox News
The wife of an American pastor imprisoned in Iran for his Christian beliefs delivered an impassioned plea to foreign diplomats gathered in Geneva, begging them to press the Islamic republic to free her husband.
Naghmeh Abedini, whose husband Saeed Abedini is serving an eight-year sentence in Tehran's notorious Evin prison, told members of the United Nations Human Rights Council to join her "in crying out against his persecution."
"My husband, a U.S. citizen and loving father of our two young children, has been held in Iran's brutal Evin Prison because of his faith -- without a voice to fight for his freedom," she said in testimony Tuesday morning. "I must, therefore, be his voice."
3. Christian Leader in Nigeria Accuses Former Head of State of Defending Boko Haram - allAfrica
The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, has accused former military Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari, of being the brain behind Boko Haram.
Oritsejafor, reacting to the "divisive and inflammatory" statement credited to Buhari, the national leader of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), called on the federal government to arrest him immediately.
Buhari, while featuring on a programme of a Kaduna-based radio station, Liberty Radio, had questioned the "special treatment" given to Niger Delta militants by the federal government while the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses destroyed by government.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
When corrupt trees bring evil fruit
The IRS was used as a political hit army against opponents of the occupant of the Oval Office. The more information forthcoming is circling around the concept that an unconstitutional gestapo-like organization was used with the full power of the government against critics and opponents of the White House. Moreover, one of the victims of tyrannical dictatorial tactics of this Administration is saying that the IRS publicly disclosed confidential information about its donors. The pattern of using a government sponsored agency to gain confidential information with the full trust of the United States and then making it public is a hallmark of this White House. Just ask Israel.
McClatchy News reports that the Department of Defense posted plans on its public website of the Arrow 3 defense system designed to intercept ballistic missiles outside the Earth's atmosphere. The plans were "so top secret that Israel's military won't officially confirm its location between Jerusalem and Ashod." An Israeli military official told McClatchy, "If an enemy of Israel wanted to launch an attack against a facility, this would give him an easy how-to guide. This type of information is closely guarded and its release can jeopardize the entire facility." Pentagon spokesman Lt Col Wesley Miller said he couldn't comment on the specifics of the Arrow 3 base, but said the US routinely publishes its construction plans online.
Common sense dictates that top secret plans should not be made public when it comes to the defense of the nation and the nation's allies. The Arrow 3 is a system that could protect the United States as well as Israel. The Defense Department has bid processes in place where the strategic details of base locations, etc., do not have to be made public. But this Administration chose to allow the world, which includes Israel's enemies, to see the details of its strategic defense system. It is a well known fact in deed and in policy that this White House favors Islamic nations over Israel. The American people need to understand that this Administration is undermining longstanding trusts with both its citizens and its allies.
Likewise, this Administration harshly discriminates against those with whom it disagrees as evidenced by using an "above the law" unconstitutional agency such as the IRS to intimidate them and releasing their confidential information. Many may not like this blunt assessment, but actions speak louder than words. As Jesus said in Matthew 7:18-20 "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." In America, We the People have the authority to cast out corrupt trees bearing evil fruit. This government is not your savior, but rather akin to the corrupt tree.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Government Shuts Down LDS Canneries
GOVERNMENT SHUTS DOWN LDS CANNERIES;
DEMANDS LISTS OF PATRONS
This is our new government agenda at work. The LDS church runs farms and canneries manned by thousands of volunteers to provide food and groceries for the needy, unemployed, those who have survived disasters, or famines in other parts of the world. These canneries have been in ever increasing demand to supply food for those who need it. The LDS Church welfare program produces canned fruits, vegetables, pastas, dairy products, breads, flours, and grains. They even produce soaps, shampoos, and other health aids.
The LDS church welfare program has employment services and programs to retrain people to get them back on their feet. It is all about self sufficiency. Well the government lately has not taken lightly to a private entity competing with them to provide for the needy and has been hitting these private canneries and food stores with unneeded regulations and bureaucracy. The canneries always surpassed the health inspections, so the feds had to hit them with new and expanding regulations.
Finally the church has had to give in to the government pressure and shut down facilities all across the east coast putting many needy people in jeopardy, hurting those who can't feed their families, and hindering in the world wide famine relief efforts. That is the Change our new government wants, they want people to be dependent on their welfare program, not a private programs that actually works. Please pass this on, the main news media will probably not cover this story. (El Dorado County News, California) Read more
The government even raided several canneries looking for lists of the patrons. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this is distressing news. We know in Your Word that we are to reach out and care for the widow, orphan, poor and needy. These farms and canneries were doing that. However now they are being forced to close by the imposition of excessive new regulations. This will cause the previously served people to be dependent on the government instead. We know this is wrong and that You alone are God, not the government. We fall before You to repent for what as a people we have done to allow all this excessive governmental involvement and changes. Have mercy Lord, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Do they not go astray who devise evil? But mercy and truth belong to those who devise good." (Proverbs 14:22) "Give us help from trouble, for the help of man is useless. Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies." (Psalm 108:12-13)
> > > Editorial note: As a ministry, Capitol Hill Prayer Partners is not in alignment nor agreement with the teachings of the Latter Day Saints (the Mormons). However, we do share a concern that, in this case, the government has overstepped its bounds and that this issue needs to be addressed. Thank you for your prayers, amen.
Obama's Shadow Government
How do you police a shadow government?
When Barack Obama took office in 2009, he promised his administration would be "the most open and transparent in history." In fact, his administration has proven to be anything but open and transparent. You don't have to take my word for it.
Katherine Meyer is a Washington, D.C., lawyer who specializes in Freedom of Information Act law. Here's what she said last year about Obama's transparency pledge:
"Obama is the sixth administration that's been in office since I've been doing Freedom of Information Act work. . . . It's kind of shocking to me to say this, but of the six, this administration is the worst on FOIA issues. The worst. There's just no question about it. This administration is raising one barrier after another. . . It's gotten to the point where I'm stunned -- I'm really stunned."
As James Madison wrote in the Federalist Papers, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary." While we trust government to protect our rights, it is also necessary to police the government. And because men are not angels, transparency in government is an essential element to prevent abuse and corruption.
With that in mind, there is news today that may become yet another scandal for the already scandal-plagued Obama Administration. We have known that former EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson was using secret email accounts and even had one with the alias "Richard Windsor." According to the Associated Press the practice is relatively widespread throughout the Obama Administration.
The Associated Press has tried for months to obtain email addresses for political appointees at various federal agencies. The Labor Department demanded more than $1 million for searching thousands of records.
The Interior Department, for example, provided a list of 100 addresses, but not one for former Secretary Ken Salazar. A spokesman would not disclose Salazar's address and suggested the AP file a Freedom of Information Request. But as we know the Obama Administration has made that a very tortuous and time-consuming process.
The problem with this gross lack of transparency is obvious. How do you police a shadow government?
As the AP notes, there are "laws requiring that most federal records be preserved." That way, when Congress is trying to investigate abuse and corruption -- like the IRS' targeting of the administration's political opponents -- it knows where to look. But if top political appointees and cabinet secretaries are using secret accounts or fake names, it makes investigations virtually impossible. (Gary Bauer)
News from the Supreme Court
Supreme Court Agrees To Hear Legislative Prayer Case
- Pray that the rights of legislative bodies to open their sessions in prayer be upheld. Pray!
- "For the scepter of wickedness shall not rest On the land allotted to the righteous . . ." (Psalm 125:3) "Evildoers will bow down in the presence of the good, and the wicked at the gates of the righteous." (Proverbs 14:19)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
AT 65 ISRAEL DEFIES GLOBAL ECONOMIC MELTDOWN
While most of the world is afflicted by an economic meltdown, Israel demonstrates fiscal responsibility, sustained economic growth with no stimulus package and a conservative, well-regulated banking system with no banking or real estate bubble. (Emet News Service) Read more.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Be Still My Soul
Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.