Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Wednesday, June 19, 2013
"What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. . . ." (Mark 10:9)
Guidelines for today's American Prayer Initiative can be found by going here.
Today's Daily Jot can be found by going to: www.dailyjot.com or by using
The Daily Brief
1. House Approves Bill to Ban Abortions After 20 Weeks - Fox News
In a 228 to 196 vote, the House passed a bill to ban abortions after 20 weeks, but it is unlikely the bill will be considered by the Senate.
> > > Please see FRC's commentary on the passage of this bill, below.
- We praise the Lord for the passage of this act, and we petition our God to move upon the hearts of a majority of the members in the Senate to also pass this bill next. Thank God for the gift of LIFE. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Righteousness exalts a nation . . ." (Proverbs 14:34a)
2. NSA Chief: Intel Leak Caused 'Irreversible and Significant Damage' - (CNSNews.com)
National Security Agency Director Gen. Keith Alexander told the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday that the NSA whistleblower that leaked classified information on the agency's surveillance program caused "irreversible and significant damage" to the nation and helped America's enemies. "I think it was irreversible and significant damage to this nation," Alexander said Rep. Michele Bachman (R-Minn.) asked how damaging it was "to the national security of the American people that this trust was violated." (Read more, including remarks by Michele Bachman)
- Father, we ask that you protect Mr. Snowden's life from the Chinese that he not be a captive American with a boatload of inside information that he could reveal to them to use against America. God, deliver him out of China so that he not be killed after they have gotten the information they want from him. Send an angel to stand beside him to protect him in every way possible. In Your wisdom, have Your divine will with all the ramifications that will come from this incident In Jesus' Name.
- "Wisdom rests in the heart of him that has understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known. Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." (Proverbs 14:33-34)
3. Benghazi Whistleblower Lawyer Says Joint Chief's Chairman Lied to Congress - (CNSNews.com)
An attorney whose firm represents two Benghazi whistleblowers said Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, lied to the Senate when he said there was never a "stand down" order during the Benghazi attack on Sept. 11, 2012. "What was fascinating is that he explained his lie to them," Joe DiGenova, an attorney representing one of the whistleblowers, told CNSNews.com. (Read more) http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/benghazi-whistleblower-lawyer-says-joint-chief-s-chairman-lied-congress
- Offer praise to the LORD that lies are being exposed and that those who violate His law are now being found out. Ask that the conviction of the Holy Spirit would fall upon Gen. Martin Dempsey, that he may repent and come to salvation through the Blood of our Messiah. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen.
- "'Do not steal. "'Do not lie. "'Do not deceive one another." (Lev. 19:11)
4. US, Taliban to start talks on ending Afghan war - AP
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - The Taliban and the U.S. said Tuesday they will hold talks on finding a political solution to ending nearly 12 years of war in Afghanistan, as the international coalition formally handed over control of the country's security to the Afghan army and police.
The Taliban met a key U.S. demand by pledging not to use Afghanistan as a base to threaten other countries, although the Americans said they must also denounce al-Qaida. (Read more)
- Lift up those who are charged with entering into these peace talks with the Taliban, that all would be above- board and truthful. Pray that the Taliban would, indeed, denounce al-Qaeda, and that all terms of this agreement would be clearly understood by all parties involved.
- "But let your statement be, 'Yes, yes ' or 'No, no'; anything beyond these is of evil." (Matthew 5:37)
5. Syrian-Rebel Teens Sing at Al Qaeda Camp: 'We Destroyed America With a Civilian Airplane' - (CNSNews.com)
An al Qaeda video posted online in late May and translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) shows masked Muslim teenage boys undergoing military training and indoctrination at an al Qaeda camp inside Syria. "We destroyed America with a civilian airplane," the young Syrian rebels sing. "The World Trade Center was turned into rubble. The World Trade Center was turned into rubble. (Read more)
- Father God, sin lies in the camp of the wicked and these teenage boys are swept into its pit and destroyed. God, deliver these boys through the Blood of Jesus and close the mouths of evil men who would steal these young boys' youth. By some miracle from heaven, redeem al Qaeda from all the heinous debauchery that they spread wherever they go. Stop them, God by Your power. In the Name of Jesus.
- "An ungodly man digs up evil: and in his lips there is as a burning fire. A violent man entices his neighbor and leads him into the way that is not good." (Proverbs 16:27)
6. 'A Redrawing of the Map': Syria's Assad Delivers Chilling Warning to Europe & the World - The Blaze
Syria's president warned that Europe "will pay a price" if it delivers weapons to the rebels fighting him, saying in an interview published Monday that arming them would backfire as the "terrorists" return to their countries with extremist ideologies. Assad further warned that as the conflict spills into neighboring countries, blurring borders, it will set off a domino effect. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask that You get hold of Assad's heart and put a wall of fire all around him that he be stopped from all the evil that he intends to activate. We pray that this war in Syria will come to an end and that all the demonic threats of Assad will come under the power of God to restrict and disable Assad from carrying out his plans. In Jesus' Name.
- "He loves transgression that loves strife; and he that exalts his gate seeks destruction. He that has a froward heart finds no good: and he that has a perverse tongue falls into mischief." (Proverbs 17:19-20)
7. Syria rebels 'beheaded a Christian and fed him to the dogs' as fears grow over Islamist atrocities - Daily Mail UK
Syrian rebels beheaded a Christian man and fed his body to dogs, according to a nun who says the West is ignoring atrocities committed by Islamic extremists. (Read more)
- Father God in heaven, these rebels have martyred a man of God who was no doubt witnessing to the Syrians about Jesus and salvation through His Blood. Lord God, we cry out to You to stop these atrocities committed by Islamic extremists by Your almighty power. We pray for the souls of these men that they be saved through Christ and their hearts be cleansed from their wickedness and they no longer serve sin but serve Almighty God in righteousness. Bring this transformation quickly to all the rebels in Syria. Putting weapons in their hands to fight Assad may also be used to kill Christians. God we plead for Your great and mighty intervention. In the Name of Jesus. Amen.
- "Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death." (Revelation 12:10-11)
8. Report: Kim Jong Un Hands Copies of 'Mein Kampf' to Top Officers - Breitbart
A report from New Focus International, a North Korean news organization that runs underground to avoid the scrutiny of the tyrannical government, senior government officials got copies of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf for Kim Jong Un's birthday in January. Only a few copies were handed out, since most books are banned in the country; such gifts are called "hundred-copy books" in North Korea. (Read more)
- Father God, as Kim Jong Un and his top officers read Mein Kampf reverse the words and let not that doctrine take over their minds to breed more wickedness and hellish mentality. Lord, strike their hearts with the realization that if they continue living evil lives with evil deeds, their soul will be totally lost forever. Turn them toward the holy God in heaven so they will be saved from destruction and their souls saved by the redemptive Blood of Jesus Christ. In His Name we pray.
- "And an angel said with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come: and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." (Revelation 14:7)
9. American powerhouse goes full throttle vs. IRS - WorldNetDaily
Massive rally today to demand agency brought to justice
Patriots arriving from around the nation will be able to attend two tea parties at the Capitol on Wednesday.
The "Audit the IRS Rally" organized by the Tea Party Patriots, running from noon to 3 p.m., will demand a full investigation of the agency's harassing of conservative groups. (Read more)
- Pray for protection for all participants in today's rally on the mall and for no backlash after the fact. Ask that the media give this event the attention it deserves, with true and accurate reports going forth. Praise the Lord for the huge turnout that showed up today, and interceded that Congress WILL listen to the people. Finally, intercede that there will be no other "breaking news alert" that would cause this event to be "bumped" from tonight's headline news. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
". . . and the name of the city from that day shall be, 'The Lord is there.'" (Ezekiel 48:35)
1. Israel seeks $5b US loan guarantees for advanced weaponry - Globes
Israel's Defense Ministry will ask the US to guarantee $5 billion in bridge loans that Israel plans taking from US commercial banks to finance procurement of advanced weapons systems that the Obama administration is offering Israel including the Osprey aircraft-helicopter and smart munitions.
2. I will seek a demilitarized Palestinian state, says Netanyahu - Israel Hayom
One day after Economy and Trade Minister Naftali Bennett declared that the notion of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict had reached a "dead end", Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a response to the controversial statement on Monday, saying, "Foreign policy is shaped by the prime minister, and my view is clear."
3. Netanyahu: Israel won't accept less than total halt of Iran's nuclear enrichment - Ha'aretz
Israeli PM warns against new Iranian President Hasan Rowhani, saying his strategy is to calm the international community while quietly advancing the nuclear program.
4. Sirens sound in Ashkelon; 3 rockets fail to reach Israel - Jerusalem Post
Three rockets fell near Ashkelon after warning sirens sounded early Wednesday morning, Channel 2 News reported. All of the rockets fell in Palestinian areas and no damage or injuries were reported. An IDF spokesperson would only confirm that there was a "code red" alert, but reserved any details of the rockets. (Read more)
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"But now, this is what the Lord says- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)
1. Indonesian Gov't Fails to Prevent Violent Acts Towards Christians - The Jakarta Post
The US Department of State's 2012 Report on International Religious Freedom has revealed that the Indonesian government has failed to properly address the banning and assault of religious minority groups.
The annual report was released by the US Embassy in Jakarta on Tuesday.
"The Indonesian government honors the freedom to choose religion but fails to prevent violent acts toward religious minority groups," a statement in that report said as quoted by Antara news agency.
The report said the Indonesian government respected six official religions but that some religious sects were deemed as deviant by clerics.
2. Four Terror Attacks in Three Weeks Have Christians in Niger Concerned - Charisma News
Four attacks within the last three weeks in Niger have raised the specter of a growing Islamist threat in the country.
In the latest attack on Tuesday, unidentified armed men attacked a paramilitary barracks on the outskirts of Niamey, the capital.
At the time of writing, Niger authorities have not made any announcement, but local media say there were no casualties and the attackers managed to flee.
3. US Congressmen Demand Romania Returns Church Properties and Ends "Persecution" - BosNewsLife
Twenty U.S. congressmen have urged Secretary of State John Kerry to pressure Romania's government to end "persecution" and "fully restitute" properties that were "illegally confiscated" from churches and other religious groups under Communism after 1945.
In a letter obtained by BosNewsLife Saturday, June 15, the American legislators also express concern about three members of the Romanian Property Restitution Committee who were sentenced to long prison terms after returning the Székely Mikó Reformed High School in the town of Sepsiszentgyörgy, or Sfantu Gheorghe in Romanian, to the Hungarian Reformed Church.
"On June 28, 2012, the Buzău Court of Appeal reversed the original decision to return the [school], retroactively fined the church and sentenced three members" of the Committee "to three years imprisonment solely for performing their duty while trying to serve justice," the congressmen wrote.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
Last week, the Senate voted to begin debate on S.744, the massive immigration expansion/amnesty bill. Only 15 Republicans voted against the motion to proceed. The only other vote taken on the bill was a motion to kill the Grassley amendment, which would have required certification that the border is secure 6 months before granting any form of legalization to the illegal aliens. The 4 GOP gang members (McCain, Graham, Rubio, and Flake) joined with the Democrats to kill the amendment, thereby exposing their desire to repeat the same mistake of 1986 by passing amnesty first with empty promises of enforcement later.
However, despite the strong vote to proceed with debate on the bill, there have been some positive developments over the course of the week that portends trouble for the open borders crowd. First, the pace of the floor activity was slower than originally anticipated by the gang of 8. This is very important because time is a major element in this debate. The longer this bill is the top news story in the country the more people will learn about the bill. This is something supporters recognize, and that's why they are flummoxed by the slow pace of the amendment process. We need to slow this down and hold it over the July 4th break.
Moreover, it is clear that opponents of the bill are gaining momentum. Proponents of the bill are becoming unhinged - talking down native-American workers, offering bizarre reasons to grant amnesty before legalization, and engaging in nasty campaigns against movement conservatives. The fact that gang members set such a high bar of passing the bill with 70+ votes has made it difficult for them to pass a bill with an underwhelming majority.
The Week Ahead
1. Grand Bargain: Much of the activity will be focused on John Cornyn's amendment and other similar cosmetic changes designed to do "something to let senators go back home and tell people that they have taken serious steps," as candidly spoken by Rubio. Although Democrats have balked publically at Cornyn's amendment to strengthen the border security triggers before the second tranche of the amnesty (the first and most important amnesty happens immediately regardless of the border), they are privately looking to use that amendment as a baseline from which to strike a bargain on a watered-down provision.
Alternatively, they might search for another shiny object, such as restoring one of the provisions that were supposed to be in the original bill like learning English, paying back taxes, or barring criminals from receiving legal status. We were lied to about all those provisions, and it is possible that Democrats would agree to allow Rubio to pass an amendment with one of those shiny objects in an attempt to buy off enough Republicans.
There are enough Republicans who want to pass amnesty (albeit with window dressing for cover) for them to win 75 votes. It's a matter of finding something members can hang their hats on. The more pressure we place on members to vote against the bill, the harder it will be for them to take a grand bargain.
2. House Judiciary Committee: On Tuesday and Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee will mark up two of its four immigration-related bills. For the most part, the committee, under the leadership of Bob Goodlatte and Trey Gowdy, has taken the right approach to this issue by strengthening enforcement only. One of the bills, the Safe Act (HR 2278), sponsored by Trey Gowdy, unambiguously authorizes states to assist in enforcing immigration laws and passing laws to complement federal laws, cracks down on sanctuary cities, facilitates immediate removal of criminal aliens, expands programs that screen out security risks in our visa program, and bolsters ICE agents in their ability and latitude to detain and deport criminals.
However, the other bill, the Ag guest worker bill, is more problematic. While it has some good aspects in that it bars spouses and children from being included and also escrows a percentage of their wages until they return home, this bill does contain an amnesty for current Ag workers. It also allows in 500,000 new guest workers every year with the illegals not counted towards the caps. It also grants the Secretary of Agriculture discretion to raise those caps. At a time when we are trying to unite behind a message of enforcement-first, this bill muddles our winning message. We need to make sure this bill doesn't move out of committee.
Moreover, we must ensure that no bill that passes this committee, even the good enforcement bills, is used by leadership as a vehicle to go to conference with the Senate. Conservatives must begin beating the drums to codify the Hastert Rule, ensuring that no bill is brought to the House floor without support from the majority of conference.
House Passage of Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
Conforms Law to Modern Science
Tony Perkins, President
Family Research Council
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Family Research Council (FRC) praised the passage of U.S. Rep. Trent Franks' (R-AZ) Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (H.R. 1797) on the House floor today. Despite President Obama's veto threat, FRC calls on the Senate to pass legislation to stop the inhumane painful abortion of unborn children 20 weeks and older.
FRC President Tony Perkins said of the vote:
"I applaud the House vote on a bill that is truly informed by modern science, which shows unborn children are fully capable of experiencing pain by 20 weeks after fertilization. Unborn children in their sixth month of pregnancy or later are routinely given anesthesia during prenatal surgery, so this legislation conforms federal abortion law to modern science.
"It's disappointing that the president is stuck in the Roe v. Wade science of the '70s and has threatened to veto the bill. Ignoring modern science is harmful to both unborn children and mothers, as we know babies can survive as early as 22 weeks after gestation. The horrific pain of being ripped apart limb by limb must be stopped.
"Dr. Kermit Gosnell's house of horrors shows we must stop late abortion. He was convicted of murdering babies born alive but also of 21 counts of illegal late abortions after 24 weeks in violation of state law. Yet many states continue to allow these brutal late abortions through the ninth month.
"The only difference between killing a baby born alive and aborting them just prior to birth is location. Human dignity is not dependent upon location.
"We call on the Senate to update legal protection for pain-capable children and pass this legislation to stop future Gosnells. Americans overwhelmingly support restrictions to late abortion and we urge the Senate to ignore the president's advisors and pass the House bill," concluded Perkins.
Urgent Request: Call2Fall
Urgent Request: Call2Fall
Dear Friends, What is more attractive than men and women, boys and girls worshiping the Lord in humility - in the "beauty of holiness." The Psalmist wrote: "O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker" (1Chr 16:29; 2 Chr 20:21; Ps 29:2; 95:6; 96:9; Is 45:23; Rom 14:11; Phil 2:10). On Sunday, June 30th, Americans young and old will fall on their knees in reverence for God, many, some for the first time in their lives!
Special thanks to each of you who have helped get the word out about Call2Fall Sunday, June 30, 2013. If you have not, I'm asking you to join us, and hope to enlist your help through the attached letter. Visit www.Call2Fall.com for the full story.
On Sunday, June 30, just days from now, over 1 and 1/2 million believers across America will fall to their knees in their churches and homes to acknowledge our nation's dependence upon Almighty God. We will humble ourselves, repent, and ask Him to forgive our sins and intervene to save our nation, before it is too late.
Please read the attached letter. We're not asking for your money, but your influence, to an help us reach more people.
Time is of the essence! Thanks for your consideration.
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
Family Research Council
Please go here to access the resource material for this year's Call2Fall. Thank you!
Pittsburgh Declaration on Marriage
Pittsburgh Declaration on Marriage
July 6, 2012
This Declaration on Marriage was released after the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church met in Pittsburgh last summer. This is a powerful statement to share with others and pray into as we are awaiting the Supreme Court's decision on marriage.
The following is a declaration issued by concerned Presbyterians at the close of the General Assembly in Pittsburgh. They are responding to the Assembly's refusal to usurp God's authority and redefine marriage from a man and a woman to any two people who have a marriage license.
The definition of marriage remains unchanged. No General Assembly has the power to redefine marriage. No government has the power to redefine marriage. No public opinion poll can alter the nature of marriage. God is the author of marriage, and God alone has the authority to define marriage. We will obey God.
Jesus told us what marriage is. Answering a question from the Pharisees, he pointed back to God's design in creation: "Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?" (Matthew 19:4-6a) We have no Lord but Jesus.
The constitution of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) still upholds this biblical understanding of marriage. The Westminster Confession teaches, "Christian marriage is an institution ordained of God, blessed by our Lord Jesus Christ, established and sanctified for the happiness and welfare of mankind, into which spiritual and physical union one man and one woman enter" (6.133). The church can bless only the relationships that God blesses. It has no authority to bless that which God does not bless.
The Book of Order still says, "For Christians, marriage is a covenant through which a man and a woman are called to live out together before God their lives of discipleship" (W-4.9001).
Whatever others may do, our consciences are "captive to the Word of God as interpreted in the standards of the church" (G-2.0105). We will continue to resist any efforts to depart from the biblical, confessional teaching on the marriage of man and woman.
In the face of our culture's devaluing of marriage, we will offer a Christian counter-witness in our congregations, communities, and families. We commit ourselves to teach, practice, and celebrate the "great mystery" of marriage: God's gracious gift by which the two created sexes, male and female, "become one flesh" with a love that images the love between Christ and his Church (Ephesians 5:31-32). To God be the glory!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Mayor Dedicates Mexico's Wealthiest City to Jesus
She did it so that "His Kingdom of peace and blessings may be established."
(Mexico)-Margarita Arelianes is the mayor of Monterrey, the wealthiest, and one of the largest cities in Mexico. Recently, she gave the city to "our Lord Jesus Christ, so that His Kingdom of peace and blessings may be established."
As in America, such a courageous call didn't come without criticism in Mexico.
According to a report in Christianity Today, Arelianes, who was formerly a lawyer, said she was careful to avoid accusations of mixing church and state issues by making sure that her speech was legal before she gave it. She also specified that her proclamation came as a private citizen, rather than the as the mayor.
Needless to say, Christians have no problem with the concept and declaration. Indeed, they are rejoicing over it. (Christianity Today) Read more.
(Reported by: Breaking Christian News)
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are!
Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Alleluia!" - Alvin Slaughter
Worship Him, Saints of the Most High God!