Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012
And it will be said in that day, "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might
save us. This is the Lord for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation." (Isaiah 25:9)
Join us every night for ONE MINUTE OF PRAYER at 9:00 p.m. EDT (adjusted for your own time zone). Let's all cry out to God together for our nation! Amen!
To learn more, go here.
To explore the many opportunities that are now available to all of us during the 40 DAYS and 40 NIGHTS of prayer, leading up to Election Day, please see our two-part series, "Praying for our Nation," by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. US Senate Votes 81 to 10 to Reject Limits on Aid to Pakistan, Libya, and Egypt - Restoring Liberty
This past weekend, the United States Senate voted 81 to 10 to reject Senator Rand Paul's effort to limit financial aid to Pakistan, Libya, and Egypt until the countries surrender the individuals responsible for the recent attacks against US interests in their countries.
- Lord, we pray for Senators who will make right decisions. We also pray for those already in office, to be filled with Your wisdom. We pray guidance and encouragement for Rand Paul. We trust in You, Lord. May they learn to trust in You. Guide our leaders in decisions of foreign aid. May they be cleansed from unrighteousness. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- How can a young man cleanse his way. By taking heed according to Your word. (Psalm 119:9)
2. Obama's DOJ Identifies One-Third of Gitmo for Release Despite ex-Prisoner's Involvement in Libyan Attack - Restoring Liberty
In a surprise move, the Obama Administration identified 55 Gitmo detainees for release as a step in transferring them to another country. This is despite the possibility that another Gitmo detainee, previously released, may have been behind the Benghazi attack.
- Lord, we ask for Your intervention in the release of Gitmo detainees. May those who are terrorists be stopped. Oh Lord, give us a Department of Justice who administrates justice according to Your ways. Oh Lord, give us a President who is seeking You, and can make decisions based on Your wisdom and understanding. We pray for removal of those in the Obama Administration who will bring harm to this country, and to other nations. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Save now, I pray, O lord; O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity. (Psalm 118:25)
3. Impeachment Warning to Obama - Restoring Liberty
This article and video from yesterday's press conference discusses a House Resolution, currently with 11 co-sponsors, threatening the impeachment of Obama.
Congressman Walter B. Jones (R-NC) held a press conference, Sept. 21, in Rayburn B-318, to discuss House Concurrent Resolution 107. Rep. Jones was joined by a group of senior retired military officials, constitutional lawyers, and congressional co-sponsors, to discuss HCR 107 (the bill to send an impeachment warning to Obama), which currently has 11 cosponsors. This bi-partisan resolution, introduced in March of this year, reasserts the power of Congress to declare war, and states that any President who circumvents Congress, unless the United States is attacked, will face an article of impeachment.
- Thank You, Lord, for those who are willing to take a stand with this impeachment warning. We pray their voice would be heard, and they would help wake up the country to realize the danger we are in. We pray for HCR 107, and that it would effect change. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- It is time for You to act, O Lord, for they have regarded Your law as void. (Psalm 119:1266)
4. Suicide Now Surpasses Car Accidents as Leading Cause of Death as Economy Takes its Toll - Restoring Liberty
Suicide is the cause of more deaths in the United States than car crashes, according to an alarming new study. The number of people who commit suicide in the U.S. has drastically increased while deaths from car accidents have dropped, making suicide the leading cause of injury death.
- Lord, we come against spirits of death, destruction, and suicide. We pray a Holy Spirit of life, comfort, and hope for those experiencing these attacks from the enemy. You are our life and hope. We pray for more laborers to minister hope. Awaken to life, people of the United States! In the name of Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Life
we pray. Amen.
- And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep, for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. (Romans 13:11)
5. Russian DM: "Today, the world begins to unite against the USA"
- Restoring Liberty
According to a high-level Russian observer at last week's APEC summit, a "national liberation movement to free the world from the U.S. occupation" is moving ahead. The media outlet for the Russian government, Pravda, reported this weekend that a Russian observer at the recent APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) summit in Vladivostok came away convinced that the world is moving away from a U.S. dominated world. He noted that "everyone still plays by American rules, but the countries already demonstrate their independence in economic policy.
- Lord, we pray for the U.S., and that it will fulfill the plans and destiny You have for it in the world. We proclaim You as Lord of our country. May a spirit of repentance arise in the U.S. May You be our Lord and guide. May Your enemies be scattered and destroyed. As Daniel prayed, hear and act, O Lord. Come Lord Jesus. Amen.
- Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He has chosen as His own inheritance. (Psalm 32:12)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"In that day it shall be . . . 'The LORD is One' and His name one." (Zech. 14:9)
1. Israel on high alert ahead of Yom Kippur - Jerusalem Post
The special police alertness level which was put into effect ahead of the Rosh Hashanah holiday will continue during Yom Kippur and will only be terminated after the Simchat Torah holiday in 10 days time.
2. Ahmadinejad: Israel has 'no roots' in Mideast - Jerusalem Post
Israel has "no roots" in the history of the Middle East and represents a disturbance for Iran, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Monday.
3. Obama defends, Romney attacks on US-Israel ties - Jerusalem Post
US President Barack Obama touted his "close" relationship with Israel while Republican challenger Mitt Romney attacked his decision not to meet with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in separate interviews with CBS's 60 Minutes aired Sunday.
4. Iranian general threatens pre-emptive strike against Israel, attacks on US bases - Times of Israel
Israeli preparations to attack Iran could trigger a pre-emptive attack and "World War III," a top-ranking Iranian general told a TV station in the Islamic Republic Sunday.
5. Israel and PA discuss Gaza offshore gas plans - Al Jazeera
Israel has held discussions with the Palestinian Authority (PA) over plans to develop a gas field off the coast of the blockaded Gaza Strip, Israel's foreign ministry said in a report.
On the Campaign Trail
On the Campaign Trail:
42 Days Until Election Day
Obama Redesigns The Flag
Barack Obama's arrogance is on naked display again. This time he has taken the American flag and turned it into a campaign logo by replacing the 50 stars with the "O" symbol that was so popular in 2008.
Can you imagine any previous president daring to turn the flag into a campaign symbol honoring himself? His arrogance couldn't be more obvious! The stars represent the 50 states -- the American people. But in Obama's bizarre world, it's all about him!
Not that this should really surprise anyone. Under Obama, we've seen a dramatic expansion of federal power at the expense of the states and individual liberty. He's using Obamacare to force men and women of faith to choose between their values and their business. Obama is deciding what laws to enforce and which ones to ignore (immigration and welfare reform). Obama is even deciding what the definition of marriage is!
Before he is finished, we won't recognize our country or our flag. (Gary Bauer)
Obamacare and the Tax Penalty
Tax Penalty to Hit Six Million Uninsured under Obamacare
Nearly 6 million Americans -- most of them in the middle class -- will face a tax penalty for not carrying medical coverage once President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law is fully in place, congressional budget analysts said Wednesday.
The new estimate amounts to an inconvenient fact for the administration, a reminder of what critics see as broken promises.
The numbers from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office are significantly higher than a previous projection by the same office in 2010, shortly after the law passed.
The earlier estimate found 4 million people would be affected. The difference -- 2 million people-- represents a 50 percent increase.
That's still only a sliver of the population, given that more than 150 million people currently are covered by employer plans. Nonetheless, in his first campaign for the White House, Obama pledged not to raise taxes on individuals making less than $200,000 a year and couples making less than $250,000.
And the budget office analysis found that nearly 80 percent of those who'll face the penalty would be making up to or less than five times the federal poverty level. Currently that would work out to $55,850 or less for an individual and $115,250 or less for a family of four.
Average penalty: about $1,200 in 2016. (Fox News) Read more.
(Corrected prayer below.)
- Heavenly Father, we ask that You restrain the hand of all unjust financial burdens upon those who are least able to bear taxes that have been thrust upon the citizens of this nation without consent of the governed. We also ask that You remove the unjust forced payment of taxes that are used to abort innocent children in the womb. We ask that You restrain the hand that allows our tax dollars to enter the hands of agents like Planned Parenthood that work hard to promote the death through the abortion of the unborn, especially in the financially poor regions of our nation.
- "Truly children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward." (Psalm 127:3)
"The grace of God...teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives." (Titus 2:11-12)
White House News
White House Nominates Wife of Major Donor to U.N. Choice Post
The White House announced Wednesday it has nominated Cheryl Saban, the wife of Univision chairman Haim Saban, to be a representative of the United States to the General Assembly of the United Nations.
Her husband founded Saban Entertainment-the production studio behind "Power Rangers"-in the 1980s. Haim Saban is a major Democratic donor, personally giving more than $1 million to Democratic candidates and committees in the 2012 election cycle. He has donated at least $333,333 to the Obama-affiliated Super PAC Priorities USA, which is best known for an ad suggesting Republican nominee Mitt Romney was responsible for a woman's death, as well as $325,520 to Majority PAC, a Super PAC touted by Sen. Harry Reid (D., Nev.)
Cheryl Saban's nomination comes less than a month after her husband penned a New York Times op-ed defending President Obama's Israel record. (Breitbart, Washington Free Beacon) Read more.
- Precious Lord, we come to You with the situation of what looks like people buying favors and position with campaign donation money. Lord, we ask that this would be exposed to the light of public scrutiny, as it has not been widely publicized. We come against the placing in high office those who are more interested in their own power groups and not the general welfare of the United States. We call down wicked alliances in the name of Jesus.
- "But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." (James 3:17)
Obama Ready to Sign Another E.O.
Napolitano: Obama Ready to Sign Surveillance Grid Executive Order
Homeland Security boss Janet Napolitano told a Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing on Wednesday that a blatantly unconstitutional Obama administration executive order is "still being drafted in the inter-agency process" and "is close to completion depending on a few issues that need to be resolved at the highest levels."
The latest Obama EO - he has issued 135 thus far - is a response to the failure of a cybersecurity bill to pass in the Senate. The Lieberman-Collins Cyber-security bill failed 52-46. Following the vote, Obama's press secretary, Jay Carney, said "the President is determined to do absolutely everything we can to better protect our nation against today's cyber threats and we will do that" despite the will of the American people.
As we have pointed out on numerous occasions, cyber attacks do not threaten the power grid in the United States. Critical infrastructure in the U.S. is rarely connected directly to the public internet. "The fact of the matter is that it isn't easy to do any of these things. Your average power grid or drinking-water system isn't analogous to a PC or even to a corporate network," writes Michael Tanjifor Wired.Instead of protecting Americans, Obama's unconstitutional EO will allow the NSA and the Department of Homeland Security to extend their surveillance capability. (Infowars.com) Read more.
[Reported by Hebrew Nation News]
What does it mean? Commentary from HN News editor:
This is typical protocol from the man who occupies the Oval Office. When a bill fails to get through Congress, Obama does an "end run" right around the Congress and rules through executive order/dictatorial decree. He is now at 135 executive orders and counting. . .
- Decree that this executive order will be declared to be null and void under the authority of the Blood of the Lamb. Amen.
- "You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
Obama Diminishes Alliance With Israel
Obama Diminishes Alliance With Israel
During an interview with CBS, Barack Obama was asked about the growing tension between Israel and Iran. Obama appeared dismissive of Prime Minister Netanyahu's concerns, saying he was going to "block out any noise that's out there." Interestingly, Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in an interview this morning referred to Israeli concerns as "noise" too.
Then Obama added that Israel was just "one of our closest allies" in the Middle East. Seriously? Name one other, Mr. Obama. I think the American people would like to know more about your definition of an ally. Certainly there is no other country in the region that could be relied upon to deploy its military assets on our side in a Middle Eastern war.
Obama's remarks were very revealing. Knowing full well he has a problem with Jewish and pro-Israel voters, he still can't stop himself from undermining Israel, even as he tries to portray himself as a friend of Israel. Imagine his second term! (Gary Bauer)
Capital Walk - Another Great Prayer Strategy!
PRAYERWALKING 50 STATE CAPITALS IN 50 DAYS!
What is their vision? Go here.
What is their schedule??
JOIN US for prayerwalks at 51 Capitols - 50 States + City Hall in DC.
To see this schedule, go here.
Note: Tom Demaree, the leader of the Capital Prayer Walk, will be leading a team in Washington, D.C. this Thursday at noon. They will assemble outside of David's tent, and go from there. . . All are welcome to join!!
What is their prayer??
Please see below:
- God is not a Republican . . . nor is He a Democrat
- The hope for our nation does not rest on our elected officials, but in CHRIST ALONE
- IN CHRIST, our hands on the voting lever are an extension of His sovereign hand over our nation, for a government that rests "on His shoulder." (Isaiah 9:6)
Pre-Election Prayer for America
ALMIGHTY GOD, we thank You that it is for freedom You have set us free! In this critical hour for the destiny of our nation, we cry out for Your mercy, that America would truly be "the land of the free."
You are the source of all true freedom-yet even now, we take it for granted. We squander our liberty, blaming others for the state of our nation, when Your Word clearly says, "IF MY PEOPLE . . . "
Forgive us O God. You have called us to a place of profound responsibility, that we might be Your ambassadors of reconciliation in these polarizing times. Only through You, Lord Jesus, can we rise to the call. Teach us Your humility. Keep us grounded in Your strength, as You strengthen us to stand our ground-not just on Election Day, but every day.
Re-unite these United States! Restore our families; transform our communities; stir up the hearts of our leaders as we lift them up in prayer. Lord, You are good and Your mercy endures forever!
Have mercy on us and heal our land. AMEN.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Intercessors to Gather on White House Ellipse for 40 Days
Yom Kippur Observed Tonight at David's Tent
Amid the many prayer gatherings occurring to cry out to the Lord before Election Day, one is taking place in the heart of where politics happen-literally in the White House's back yard. Jason Hershey, founder of the Washington, D.C., House of Prayer, received a permit for the White House Ellipse. Intercessors will begin gathering on Sept. 25, and meet 24/7 until Nov. 6, the day after the presidential elections.
"Before America ever goes into the polls to vote for the leadership of this country, we want to first enthrone Jesus on our praises continuously for 40 days," Hershey says. "Like King David established, worship will be next to the seat of government."
Hershey explains where the pioneering of David's Tent DC came from-"a deep desire for America to look to Jesus-in hope, victory and thanksgiving."
DavidsTentDC.org says the event's name has a double meaning.
"First, the restoration of the fallen tent of David (Amos 9:11) meant that a descendent of David would once again be on the throne! This is fulfilled in Jesus! David's Tent DC is a national confession that Jesus is Lord of America and we receive Him as such. We know it's significant that God has made a way to build this altar of worship right beside the highest executive office in our land!
"Secondly, 'David's Tent DC' refers to the tent King David had erected to host the Ark of the Covenant. He hired over 4000 musicians and singers to minister to the Lord 24/7 for the length of his reign. This tent was in Jerusalem, his capital city! It brought blessing on the whole nation!"
The website also explains that after receiving a permit for the White House Ellipse, starting on Sept. 25, organizers realized that the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur begins at sundown that evening and goes until sundown on Sept. 26.
Yom Kippur is when Jews fast and humble themselves before the Lord. Traditionally the High Priest would go behind the veil into the Holy of Holies on that day each year to make "atonement" or intercession on Israel's behalf.
"Discovering that the first day of David's Tent DC is actually Yom Kippur stirred us to set aside that day to be different from the rest," an update informs.
In a break from the rest of the 40 days, David's Tent DC will not have any live music or stage productions from 7 p.m. Sept. 25 to 7 p.m. Sept. 26.
"Instead, we are inviting you to come to a quiet tent and simply reflect, meditate and rest in the absolute truth that Jesus has paid our debt in full," the site says. "Day one of David's Tent will be a day that we will let the Father sing His song of love over us!"
For more information and a schedule of events, visit DavidsTentDC.org.
Intercessors . . . let's join our hearts and prayers with those at the Ellipse in worship and prayer. Pray for good weather for them, God's protection and presence, divine provision for more to attend. For a heavenly download each day for what needs to be released there for our nation. AMEN!
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
Can It Be That I Should Gain
by the St. Michael's Singers
an interest in the Savior's blood!
Died he for me? who caused his pain!
For me? who him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be
that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be
that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?