Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Saturday, September 1, 2012
"I will hear what God the Lord will speak, For He will speak peace To His people and to His saints." (Psalm 85:8)
The Daily Brief
1. Romney accepts GOP presidential nomination - The Hill
Mitt Romney formally accepted the Republican presidential nomination Thursday in a speech aimed squarely at swing voters disillusioned with President Obama and a still-lagging economy. Arguing that "what America need is jobs," the former Massachusetts governor asked voters to "forget about what might have been and to look ahead to what can be."
- Continue to lift up both presidential candidates during the next 66 days for protection. Memorize Psalm 91 in the Amplified Version, and speak it OUT LOUD daily, as you are going through your day. The WORD does not return void!
- "You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
2. GOP calls for special counsel on leaks in platform- The Hill
Republicans included a call for a special counsel to investigate national security leaks from the White House in their party platform that was approved at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday, accusing President Obama of leaking details of the Osama bin Laden raid for political gain. (Read more.)
- To quote Senator McCain, it is "unconscionable" that these leaks have been allowed to happen. Offer praise that the RNC has seen fit to include this national security issue in its platform, and continue to pray for truth to be revealed and for justice to be served.
- "Hate evil, love good, And establish justice in the gate! " (Amos 5:15)
3. U.S. to Israel: If You Attack, We Don't Have Your Back - Israel National News
The U.S. military's top officer made statements Thursday which appear to warn Israel that it should not expect U.S. assistance if it chooses to attack Iran's nuclear weapons program.
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey, said such an attack would "clearly delay but probably not destroy Iran's nuclear program," The Guardian reported Thursday. He added: "I don't want to be complicit if they [Israel] choose to do it."
- Stand in the gap for our nation, as our policy becomes more and more visibly against the safety and the security of Israel. Father, forgive our leaders for this blindness; they surely know not what they do.
- "I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." (Gen. 12:3)
4. Hurricane Isaac 'drove Mississippi River backwards' - BBC News
The storm surge ahead of Hurricane Isaac made the Mississippi River run backwards for 24 hours. US Geological Survey (USGS) instruments at Belle Chasse in Louisiana recorded the flow of the river, finding it running in reverse on Tuesday. The flow reached nearly 5,200 cubic metres per second (182,000 cubic feet per second) upriver, with a height of nearly 3m (10ft) above average.
- Pray for all who are in authority in the aftermath of this powerful storm, that they be granted "wisdom form above" to deal with the crises at hand, and the resources to do so. Ask our Lord to comfort all who have been afflicted and impacted by this storm.
@@@@@@@@@ the comforter - SEE BOOK
5. CDC Says Worst Nile Outbreak in US - Voice of America
According to the CDC, this is the worst West Nile virus outbreak ever in the United States, with 1,590 cases reported so far in 2012. Sixty-six deaths have been reported so far. Except for Alaska and Hawaii, every state has found evidence of the virus in mosquitoes, birds or people. More than 70 percent of the cases come from just six states - South Dakota, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Michigan and Texas . . .
Dr. David Lakey, who is commissioner for the Texas Department of State Health Services, said he expects the numbers to rise in the coming days.
"At this time as I look at the data I am not convinced that we have peaked. We may have plateaued, but I am not convinced we have peaked. We are watching very closely and intensifying our efforts to make sure that we control the disease, especially when we see an increase in the disease."
- Our Merciful God, we bow before you to humble ourselves and repent of things we have done against you and what our country has done to break your laws. We ask, in the strong name of Jesus, that you would miraculously put an end to the spread of this West Nile Virus in our country and especially in the states most affected. Lord, we pray that as the warm days continue in the southern states, that wise measures will be put in place that are adequate to eliminate this threat to the health of our people. We ask for healing of those already affected by this virus. We praise You as the Great God who loves us.
- "And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits: and unto many that were blind he gave sight." (Luke 7:21)
6. Texas voter ID law struck down by federal judges - USA Today
A law in Texas that would allow would-be voters to cast ballots with only certain forms of photographic identification has been knocked down by a U.S. court in Washington. Voter ID laws have become a hot-button issue leading up to the November presidential election, pitting state legislatures proposing and sometimes passing such laws against civil rights advocacy organizations who argue the laws are designed to keep minorities from the ballots. In issuing their 56-page opinion Thursday, the judges wrote that the Texas law likely would have a "retrogressive effect" on the ability of minority voters to cast ballots and said the "implicit costs" of obtaining necessary ID "will fall most heavily on the poor." The three-judge panel also noted that a disproportionately high percentage of African Americans and Hispanics in Texas live in poverty. Read more.
- Dear Lord, what seems reasonable and wise is declared unreasonable and unjust in the backward politically correct thinking of this Appeals Court. Father, we ask that as this case proceeds to the Supreme Court, that you would bless this and similar laws in other states that are designed to eliminate the rampant voter fraud that has been happening. We declare in the name of Jesus that reason will prevail and not political correctness.
- "And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter." (Isaiah 59:14)
7. Rebellion erupts over School's Student-Chipping Program - WorldNetDaily
A rebellion is developing in Texas against a plan by a school district in San Antonio that would monitor the exact location and activities of all students at all times through RFID chips they are being ordered to wear.
Katie Deolloz, a member of Consumers Against Supermarket Privacy Invasion and Numbering, told WND today that parents and students from San Antonio's Northside Independent School District confronted the school board last night, stating their concerns about privacy and other issues "clearly and passionately."
- Father God, we come against this intrusion into the freedom and privacy of students that has so blatantly been proposed by this school district. Dear Lord, we see arrogance in some education officials and ask that You would make sure the parents of Your little ones would stand up for them. In the name of Jesus, we ask that a better way to monitor the students would be found.
- "Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments." (Psalms 119:66)
-"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." (Matthew 18:6)
8. Navy SEAL says he did not reveal classified info in bin Laden book - The Hill
The Navy SEAL who has written a firsthand account of the Osama bin Laden raid said Friday that he "faithfully fulfilled his duty" not to divulge classified information, after the Pentagon threatened him with legal action. Robert Luskin, an attorney with Patton Boggs, responded Friday with a letter to Pentagon General Counsel Jeh Johnson on behalf of "Mark Owen," the pseudonym of the SEAL author.
The Pentagon Thursday sent a letter to Owen threatening legal action - which could include criminal prosecution - over violating a non-disclosure agreement to "never divulge" classified information. But Luskin wrote that Owen's book "No Easy Day" did not violate the agreement. (Read more)
- The SEALS are now standing tall for truth in our land. Stand tall with them, in prayer.
- "He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday." (Psalm 37:6)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Turn us again, O God, and cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved!" (Psalm 80:3)
1. Romney: Obama has thrown allies like Israel under the bus - Jerusalem Post
Mitt Romney slammed US President Barack Obama's treatment of Israel and Iran in making his case to the American people Thursday night that he should win the White House, in a speech officially accepting the nomination of the Republican party.
2. PA's Abbas to delay pursuit of UN statehood - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority official tells 'Post' that Abbas decided to delay the statehood bid because of US "threats and extortion."
3. Dempsey: I don't want to be complicit in Israeli strike - Ynet News
The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey continues his efforts to prevent an Israeli strike in Iran. Reiterating his stance that the IDF cannot stop Iran's nuclear program, Dempsey added, "I don't want to be complicit if they (Israel) choose to do it."
Islam and the DNC
Islam and the DNC
Our office has received several conflicting reports that the Moslems were planning to stage a 3-day "Juumah" (conference) in Charlotte, N.C, prior to the convention. Some reports stated that this was being done at the request of the Democratic National Committee.
Yesterday morning, we received word that this entire event (which would have included 20,000 Moslem guests) was CANCELLED due to public outrage against it.
This afternoon, we received the following report from Cindy Jacob's miniistry, the Reformation Prayer Network, with an on-site report of the facts of this matter.
- Please pray with us against any confusion regarding this and all events at the DNC, so that the saints of God can pray in the spirit and with understanding about every fact that comes to light this week in Charlotte, NC, at the Democratic National Convention. Thank you.
We'd like to make some corrections to yesterday's prayer alert regarding the DNC allowing the "Jumah" Islamic prayer to commence the convention. As we always seek to provide you with strategic and correct information, we have multiple sources from which we derive and confirm our information from. However, regarding this issue, many well known and trusted news sources received misinformation which was then passed on to us.
Our North Carolina coordinator, Mary Medford, gave us a firsthand account of what truly happened. First off, the Jumah DNC 2012 was never sponsored nor endorsed by the Democratic National Convention, although they were given permission to put "DNC 2012" on their their marketing materials, presenting the illusion that they were a part of the convention. This was done to draw more people to their community event.
Second, the prayer event was not held at the Democratic National Convention grounds, but was held several blocks away at nearby Marshall Park. There was much prayer initiated at this park by various intercessors, and the results of their intercessory efforts were outstanding. Out of the 20,000 Muslims that were supposed to attend the Jumah prayer, fewer than 100 actually participated!
Lastly, Cardinal Nolan was in fact given permission to give a benediction at the end of the convention instead of at the beginning.
Again, the USRPN does seek to give you the most accurate intelligence that you need in order to pray for the United States. Please be assured that we do take every necessary step to corroborate pieces of information that are received, as we want to give reliable, and confirmed strategic knowledge on facts that warrant urgent prayer. Thank you for your understanding, and for partnering with us in prayer for America!
For the Nation,
Mike and Cindy Jacobs
Reformation Prayer Network
On the Campaign Trail
On the Campaign Trail:
66 Days to Election Day
Federal, local law enforcement ready Charlotte for Democratic convention
Hundreds of federal and local law enforcement officials are prepared to face thousands of demonstrators this week as Democrats descend on Charlotte, N.C., to nominate President Obama and critics ready their voices for the city streets.
More than 40 groups representing a wide swath of causes - from Occupy movements to marijuana legalization groups and opponents of same-sex marriage - have planned rallies along a parade route in downtown Charlotte and a temporary stage set up by the city near the Time-Warner Cable Arena.
But the balance between establishing free-speech zones and ensuring the safety of 6,000 delegates, thousands of members of the media and an expected 30,000 outsiders is hard to strike. And the convention's security plan was not without a struggle, as local and federal officials fought a backlash from demonstrators who were worried that enhanced search-and-arrest rights could violate their First Amendment rights.
Charlotte City Attorney Rob Hagemann said the city looked at security and free-speech tactics employed by previous conventions to help guide their decision-making process and has struck what he believes to be a healthy balance.
"The parade route and speakers platform provide opportunities for individuals and groups to obtain exclusive use of those locales for the time selected [or] assigned," he said in an email to The Hill.
"Public parks and sidewalks are - other than those restricted for security or transportation reasons - open and available to everyone and anyone for peaceable expressive activity, without the need for a permit," he said.
With a $50 million federal grant to back the city's security costs, the Secret Service has taken the lead, overseeing the construction of several miles of nine-foot high fencing and a bevy of steel barriers that stand ready to stop any explosives-laden vehicles.
Thousands of local and state police will line the streets as protesters speak out for their causes, and a slew of other federal law enforcement agencies will be in the city to handle potential catastrophes.
"Although we cannot discuss the methods and means we utilize to carry out our protective responsibilities, we can say there is a tremendous amount of advance planning and coordination in the areas of venue security, air space security, training, communications, and credentialing," said Secret Service spokesman Max Milien in an email to The Hill. (Read more)
- Offer praise that the city of Charlotte, N.C., has been given $50 million in federal monies to take care of the security of its own citizens and its guests at this Convention. In addition to the visible security that will be present, offer praise for the hundreds of skilled intercessors, who will be working quietly on the land, to preserve peace and order. May their work be effective, too, and may their prayers be heard in heaven. Amen!
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
Rice Delivers Powerful Tribute To America
Rice Delivers Powerful Tribute To America
haven't always seen eye-to-eye with former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice, but I am glad she got a major speaking role at the GOP convention. She is one of the most popular Republicans in the country today and is widely respected not only for her intellect but also for her life story. And last night she captivated the audience in Tampa and in many living rooms across the country with her profound love and appreciation for this great nation.
The left is obsessed with America's shortcomings and alleged failures. So much of the left -- like the Occupy Wall Street movement, which was embraced by every Democrat from Obama down -- is motivated by animosity toward America. They believe that America is bad and broken, and that's why they want to "fundamentally transform" America.
Last night Condoleeza Rice stood before the country as a living example of the American Dream, and she talked eloquently about what that dream means to people all over the world. Her view of America is quite different from the left's -- that this is still a country where you can accomplish great things, not because of government, but because of family, friends and your own ambition. Here's what she said about her own life:
"And on a personal note -- a little girl grows up in Jim Crow Birmingham -- the most segregated big city in America. Her parents can't take her to a movie theater or a restaurant. But they make her believe that even though she can't have a hamburger at the Woolworth's lunch counter, she can be President of the United States and she becomes the Secretary of State."
How do you duplicate that with a government program?
My friends, this is why family and values issues matter! Sadly, so many children are growing up today without parents to encourage them, and no government program can make up for the breakdown of the family. (Gary Bauer; Thursday, August 30, 2012)
'I'm Scared For My Country'
Kidnapped Marine Speaks Out: 'I'm Scared For My Country'
Former Marine Brandon Raub speaks to John Whitehead in a one on one interview. Raub's case went viral on the Internet earlier this month when on August 16, the former Iraq and Afghanistan veteran was kidnapped from his home by police, FBI and Secret Service agents and forcibly incarcerated in a psychiatric ward by authorities in Virginia in response to Facebook posts which the FBI deemed "terrorist" in nature.
Raub was released after a week when a judge concluded that the original petition ordering him to be detained contained no information whatsoever on the reasons behind Raub's incarceration.
Raub explained that one of his main concerns in being publicly vocal about his concerns with the activity of the U.S. government was executive orders that allow the state to seize dictatorial power in a time of crisis, including the seizure of private property, communications and the institution of forced labor camps.
When Raub asked what he thought of the whole experience, Raub responded, "It made me scared for my country, the idea that a man can be snatched out of his property without being read his rights should be extremely alarming to all Americans."
John Whitehead (Founder of the Rutherford Institute) emphasizes how 20 people in the same county as Raub have been similarly "disappeared" so far in the month of August alone.
This story sends chills down my spine. Yet, many people are under the illusion that it won't happen to them. Wake up, it can happen to any of us. One thing is for sure, the government is definitely trying to silence us through intimidation. They want us silent, because they know that America is waking up. They don't want that. For we are "The Sleeping Giant". Fear not those who can take your body, fear the One that can take your soul.
Resistance, along with being armed with knowledge is how we will help defeat this tyranny that is going on within our government. The treacherous acts that are coming, and have already happened against our own people. The resistance, will win if we unite. Many are uniting in the cause of freedom, and many are waking up to the oppression of our twisted government. Buckle down, because we're in this together.
For Freedom, for God, for America. Now more than ever we all have to band together as one and call out our battle cry of FREEDOM.
Watch the interview here.
(By Lorrie Anderson; Freedom Outpost) Read more.
"Israel Will Be Gone By Next Year"
Egyptian Professor: "Israel Will Be Gone By Next Year"
With the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, all eyes have turned to Egypt, a country with which Israel had once shared a cold peace but that now seems bent on the Jewish State's destruction. TheBlaze and the Glenn Beck Program have reported extensively on the Muslim Brotherhood's nihilistic mission and its goal to establish an Islamic caliphate. The goal of this caliphate would be to purge the Muslim world of the Western and Israeli "scourge."
But indications all is not right in the state of Denmark - or Egypt, rather - are not isolated to Muslim Brotherhood actions, but are continuing to mount even among members of the country's academia. Just recently on August 14th, political science professor Safwat Higazi told the Egyptian news station, Al-Kahera Wal-Nas, that with Allah's help, "Israel will be annihilated" by 2013. He also acknowledged the Muslim Brotherhood's plans to establish a caliphate as if it were a forgone conclusion. The professor proclaimed that Muslims' default is "peace" before proceeding to say that he had no problem engaging in all at war. At this point it might be prudent to note that Higazi, who is also a cleric, issued a fatwa mandating that any Israeli be shot and killed on the spot - for no other reason than that he perceives them "occupiers" of Arab land.
To this end, the professor continued: "We are constantly keeping the memory alive among the younger generations, so that they will realize that the Palestinian cause is an essential one. The hope and the memory will later turn into action. By next year, Allah willing, Israel will be annihilated."
Oddly, the interviewer actually pressed the professor on his hypocrisy, saying that if he is truly a man of peace, how could he issue such a fatwa. The interviewer also pushed Higazi on the Camp David accords, which brought peace and stability to Egypt and Israel. The cleric said that it wasn't Camp David, but rather Egypt's "victory" in the 1973 Yom Kippur War that brought peace to the two nations. Of course, the Yom Kippur War, while resulting in roughly 2,800 Israeli casualties (not including the nearly 9,000 soldiers wounded), ended in a decisive tactical victory for the Israelis. (MEMRI TV) See more.
- By coming against Israel, this deluded man is coming against God Himself. Pray for his soul; and may his words fall to the ground and be of no effect. Come, Lord Jesus, come!
- "A wise person's words win favors, but a fool's lips are self-destructive." (Eccl. 10:12)
U.S. - Israel Military Drill Scaled Down
US scales down joint military drill with Israel
Against a background of friction between the US and Israel over thwarting Iran's nuclear drive, Washington says it will scale down its participation in what was planned to be the largest ever joint Israeli-American military exercise, Time Magazine reported Friday. The Austere Challenge 12 exercise, to be held in October, was to feature thousands of soldiers and advanced anti-missile defense systems and simulate simultaneous fire from Iran and Syria. (Times of Israel)
Meanwhile, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs Martin Dempsey said Thursday that he did not want to be "complicit" if Israel chose to strike Iran's nuclear program, positing that a premature attack would dissolve the international pressure on the Islamic Republic, The Guardian reported.
Read more from Times of Israel here.
Read more from The Guardian here.
- Scripture is clear and true and does not lie: IN THAT DAY, all the nations of the earth will be gathered against Israel. As we see headlines like these unfold, we wonder: Are we now "IN THAT DAY?" If so, the need to preach the gospel to all nations has never been more urgent. Be ready to share your own testimony with all you will meet in the days ahead, asking God to make their hearts ready to receive this GOOD NEWS. Amen.
- "And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it." (Zech. 12:3)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
University Vindicates Mark Regnerus
The University of Texas at Austin announced Wednesday that a sociologist who has been excoriated by some in the media over a study showing that parents' homosexual relationships can have negative effects on children is innocent of academic misconduct
Dr. Mark Regnerus made headlines in June, when his study was published in the widely respected journal Social Science Research. According to his findings, children raised by homosexual parents are more likely than those raised by married heterosexual parents to suffer from poor impulse control, depression and suicidal thoughts, require mental health therapy; identify themselves as homosexual; choose cohabitation; be unfaithful to partners; contract sexually transmitted diseases; be sexually molested; have lower income levels; drink to get drunk; and smoke tobacco and marijuana.
As a result, a gay-activist blogger accused Regnerus of academic fraud, demanding in July that the university release all his research material and emails with fellow sociologists. (By Karla Dial; CitizenLink) Read more.
Worship With Us!
Worship With Us!
"Great Is Thy Faithfulness"
by 2nd Chapter Acts
"Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
"Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!