Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, September 13, 2012
Fear not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD. (Exodus 14:13)
The Daily Brief
1. U.S. warships headed to Libya after deadly consulate attack: officials -National Post
U.S. officials say the Pentagon is moving two warships to the Libyan coast, in the aftermath of the attack in Benghazi that killed the U.S. ambassador and three others.
- Father, we ask Your power and favor over our warships. Whatever the outcome is from this action, we declare Your perfect will over it. We humbly pray for Your hand upon the Middle East at this time of upheaval.
- "He teaches my hands to make war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up. Your gentleness has made me great." (Psalm 18:34-35)
2. a)Protesters angry over anti-Islam film storm US Embassy in Yemen
- Fox News
Protesters angered by a film they consider blasphemous to Islam have stormed the U.S. Embassy compound in Yemen's capital, Sanaa, in the most recent attack on U.S. diplomatic posts in the Middle East.
b) US embassies in 7 countries warn of possible attacks - Fox News
U.S. embassies in at least seven countries in the Middle East, Africa and the Caucuses are warning of possible anti-American protests following the attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.
c) Another protest turns violent outside U.S. Embassy in Cairo - CNN
Riot police fired warning shots and tear gas Thursday outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo to keep hundreds of protesters away from the building's perimeter, witnesses said.
d) US embassies in Algeria, Tunisia warn of protests - AP
The American embassies in Algeria and Tunisia warned of more protests Wednesday, following attacks by protesters in neighboring Libya in which the U.S. ambassador and three embassy staff were killed.
- Father, we pray for peace over these situations, and protection for all American diplomats. May the world see the fruit of the flesh, and the demonic spirits openly displayed in these circumstances. May we as Christians never succumb to the temptation to riot or kill because of someone's expression of freedom of speech no matter how angry it may make us. [For more on this perspective, please note our article by Henry Blackaby, below, titled "Know Your Enemy."]
- "You reject all those who stray from your statutes, for their deceit is falsehood." (Psalm 119:118)
3. Many expect bold action from Federal Reserve at close of meeting
- Fox News
The Federal Reserve ends a two-day meeting Thursday with expectations high for some new action to jolt the lackluster U.S. economy.
- Lord, grant wisdom to the Federal Reserve, and restoration of hope and confidence in the American Economy.
- "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise." (Proverbs 12:15)
4. Israeli Science Website: Obama Birth Certificate Forged - WND
Israel Science and Technology, the national database and directory of science and technology-related websites in Israel, has published an article asserting the long-form birth certificate released by the White House is a forged document.
- Lord, this situation has surfaced again and again throughout the last 4 years, and it has gone largely ignored by the general populace. But like smoke from a fire that is not put out, we pray that all truth about this administration will come to light BEFORE the elections in November.
- "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds" (2 Corinthians 10:4)
5. US strikes on Iran would risk major war, experts state - Times of Israel
U.S. military strikes on Iran would shake the regime's political control and damage its ability to launch counterstrikes, but the Iranians probably would manage to retaliate, directly and through surrogates, in ways that risked igniting all-out war in the Middle East, according to an assessment of an attack's costs and benefits.
- Father, we ask that You move circumstances according to Your perfect will over the region. We stand on Your promises for Israel.
- "The people shall dwell in it; and no longer shall there be utter destruction, but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited."(Zechariah 14:11)
6. Barroso calls for 'federation of nation states' - Globe and Mail
The president of the European Commission Jose Manuel Barroso calls for the European Union to be turned into a 'federation of nation states' in a sweeping demand for countries to surrender more sovereignty and move towards full integration.
- Father, as the fear and trepidation level of the world rises around us, we ask that no action take place in the world that is not in Your timeline. If we have one year or one day, we ask for it to be in the perfection of Your heart for mankind.
- "And behold I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work" (Revelation 22:12)
7. West Nile virus not backing down - Fox News
Human cases of West Nile virus disease are continuing to increase.
As of Tuesday, state health departments have reported at least 2,636 cases; 118 of them fatal, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
These figures are the highest they've been through the second week of September for any year since 2003 in terms of total cases reported.
- Father, we stand in the gap for the people of our nation against pestilence and disease. We pray for your mercy over us and our children. We ask You to stay Your hand from this virus and stop its spread across the country. As You stopped the plagues in Egypt, we ask You to stop this plague in America.
-"You shall not be afraid of the terror by night - nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness" (Psalm 91:5-6)
8. BREAKING: Brotherhood Calls for More Protests Against U.S. - WorldNetDaily
America, Israel warned their demise is definite and very soon
Secretary General of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood Mahmoud Hossein has called for protests across Egypt Friday, according to Fars News Agency, the Iranian media outlet run by the Revolutionary Guards. "This Friday, Egyptian Muslims will conduct peaceful protests outside of the main mosques in every province condemning the insult to Prophet Muhammad," said Hossein.
Fars News reports the possibility of a widespread protest in the region and said American officials are warning their citizens in the Middle East to remain vigilant and alert. Read more.
- We must position ourselves in an attitude of repentance for our own sins, even as we cry out to God to rescue us. He did this for His people at the Red Sea; can our great Jehovah not do this now, in our generation?? Repent . . . trust . . . obey . . . and forgive our enemies. HE IS LORD!
- "As in the days when you came out from the land of Egypt, I will show you miracles." (Micah 7:15)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of YHWH has risen on you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the peoples; but YHWH shall rise on you, and His glory shall be seen on you." (Isaiah 60:1-2)
1. PA demonstrations could spiral out of control, experts warn - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salaam Fayyad attempted to contain mounting domestic pressure in the West Bank on Tuesday by announcing a series of limited austerity measures. But the public protests across the West Bank that turned violent on Monday are no longer directed at Fayyad alone and may have already spun out of control, Palestinian observers say.
2. MI6 chief was British messenger sent to dissuade Israel from Iran strike - Times of Israel
The high-ranking British official dispatched to Israel to discuss the Jewish state's plans regarding a possible attack on Iran's nuclear program was Sir John Sawyers, the head of England's MI6 intelligence agency, The Daily Mail reported Tuesday night.
3. Experts: Israel could send Iran back to Stone Age - Ynet News
British newspaper Sunday Times has exposed one of the "surprises" the Israel Defense Forces has in store in case of a military strike in Iran.
The Daily Jot
US treatment of Israel burdened with prophecy
The occupant of the Oval Office declined to meet with the Prime Minister of Israel regarding Iran. Within a few hours the US Embassies in Egypt and Libya are attacked, leaving the US Ambassador to Libya and three other US officials there dead. The attacks rage on from the very people that the US president spent millions of taxpayer funds to help establish "democracy" in their countries less than a year ago. Most would explain this as a coincidence, blaming a US filmmaker's "hurting" of Muslim's feelings with his portrayal of Muhammad--as did the Embassy in Cairo, and similar statements from US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the White House. Prophetically, however, the events may be related.
The Bible states in several places that coming against Israel will result in bad things happening. This is a prophetic reality. YHVH says to Abraham in Genesis 12:2-3, "I will make of you a great nation - I will bless those who bless you, but I will curse anyone who curses you." In Zechariah 12:3 YHVH says, "I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone and all those who burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces." Again in 12:9, "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." Near Jerusalem is where the Messiah left the earth, and Jerusalem is where He will return. And Revelation 19:21 says those that were against him "were slain with the sword of him"
Throughout the Bible, in context, there is an undeniable relationship between Jerusalem, the Hebrew people, and YHVH, the one true God. When YHVH judged the Israelites, He often used nations to do so. But those nations--in most every case Arabs and Ishmaelites--were also judged thereafter due to their harsh treatment of YHVH's people. Serious students of the Bible who practice exegesis interpretation understand this relationship. Bill Koenig in his book, "Eye to Eye: Facing the Consequences of Dividing Israel," documents the natural, economic and political disasters that occur in America when its leadership comes against Israel. These events, as Koenig reports, are more than coincidence. They are prophetic.
The rift between the occupant of the Oval Office and Israel goes deep. The US president was raised a Muslim and his actions from the very beginning of his administration have been to support the advancement of Islam. Prophecy indicates that Islamic nations will unite and come against Israel in the Last Day. Throughout the Bible there are examples where YHVH judges the nations that cause harm to Israel. One such example is found in Jeremiah 51:49-50, "As Babylon hath caused the slain of Israel to fall, so at Babylon shall fall the slain of all the earth. Ye that have escaped the sword, go away, stand not still: remember YHVH afar off, and let Jerusalem come into your mind." Yes, let Jerusalem come into the minds of America and her leaders for these days are burdened with layers of prophetic events.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
On the Campaign Trail
On the Campaign Trail:
54 Days Until Election Day
Aggressive Romney hits at president
It was an aggressive move for the Republican nominee, who has been reluctant to discuss foreign policy on the campaign trail - a tacit acknowledgment that the issue is considered a strength for Obama and of the extent to which the GOP hopes to focus the election solely on the economy.
But in a statement released late Tuesday night, Romney criticized the Obama administration for an embassy press release that denounced the makers of the anti-Islam film credited with sparking the riots that left four foreign service officers - including the ambassador to Libya - dead.
"It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks," Romney said. (The Hill) Read more
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
Earlier in June, the Senate passed a massive 5-year Farm/Food Stamp bill (S. 3240). The 10 year cost is $969 billion; $772 billion actually go towards the food stamp program. Moreover, the bill expanded the crop insurance program to guarantee farmers 90% of their annual revenue on any given year. The bill passed 64-35 with the help of 16 Republicans.
The House Agriculture Committee passed their version (HR 6083) in July, but it was pulled from the floor due to conservative opposition. The House bill only cuts $16 billion in food stamp spending from the Senate bill, and actually increases farm subsidies by $5 billion. Separately, the House passed (H.R. 6233) a $383 million disaster relief bill for cattle farmers on August 2. This is nothing more than a bailout for rich farmers who had time to prepare for a drought, and who are enjoying record revenues from the existing government-subsidized insurance indemnities.
Both these issues will be dealt with some time this week or next week because the farm bill is slated to expire September 30 - the same time as the annual budget.
There seems to be consensus that there is no way either side will attempt to pass a 5-year reauthorization bill with such little time on the schedule. However, there is talk of passing a one-year extension of the existing Farm Bill from 2008.
- Direct Payments: Ironically, despite the increase in food stamp spending and the creation of new crop insurance programs, both the House and Senate bill eliminate $5 billion in direct payments to farmers. If we are going to pass an extension of the current bill, then why not eliminate the direct payments - a provision that is universally accepted in the new 5-year bills?
- The CR: We must make sure that a farm ill is not attached to the CR during any last minute negotiation. President Obama has already requested such a move.
It is indefensible for conservatives in either house of Congress to vote for one of the 5-year bills or the "disaster" relief bailout. We must oppose even a clean extension of the current bill unless it eliminates direct payments.
A Message from Henry Blackaby
KNOW YOUR ENEMY:
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Eph. 6:10-12)
Dear Praying Friends,
Henry Blackaby, longtime advocate for repentance and revival in our churches, exhorts us to remember who our real enemy is, to protect ourselves with spiritual armor and to advance the battle with spiritual, not carnal weapons:
In a battle, it is imperative to identify your enemy. If you are not aware of the point of your attack, you are vulnerable. Paul had many enemies. Some resented him, others hated him, and others wanted to kill him. Some, who were supposedly on his side, sought to harm him and his ministry (Acts 9:23; Phil 1:17; 1 Tim 1:20; 2 Tim 1:15; 4:14).
In spite of the persecution he faced, Paul never lost sight of his real enemy. Paul was wary of Satan. When people attacked him, he knew they were not his real opponents. They were simply unwitting instruments of the spiritual forces of darkness.
When you meet opposition to your faith, your first reaction may be anger toward your antagonist. This may divert your attention from the deeper, spiritual dimensions of your conflict. Your adversary may be hopelessly in bondage to sin. Rather than retaliating, you should immediately and earnestly intercede for that person. Your opponent's hostility is your invitation to become involved in God's redemptive work to free him or her from spiritual bondage.
Be alert to the spiritual warfare around you. It is real and potentially destructive to you and those you care about. Knowing your real foe will protect you from bitterness and unforgiveness. Your hope lies in the reality that "He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world" (1 John 4:4). Do not place your hope in humanity, but steadfastly trust in the One who has already defeated your enemy (Henry and Richard Blackaby, Experiencing God Day By Day, 2006)
The Bible has long been the source of moral truth and a standard of right and wrong. But when men abandon the word, anything goes and sin builds upon sin. Because civil government is made up of sinful men, government, ordained by God to reward those who do good and to punish those who do evil, can become an instrument of evil itself. Nevertheless, God calls us to be bold for Christ, yet to be controlled by His temperament. Burned at the stake by the adversaries, the martyrs followed the example of Jesus, praying, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." May we follow their example in this hour as it may get worse before it gets better.
National Prayer Director
Family Research Council
A Message from the CPC Foundation
National Leaders Warn of Threats to Religious Liberty
National and religious leaders are concerned with the radical secularization of America.
Take three minutes to listen to this eye-opening message from Senator Kelly Ayotte of Rhode Island who warns of the unfolding dangers within the HHS Mandate.
Pope Benedict XVI also expressed his concern for the increased threats to religious liberty in America. Read this excerpt (paragraphs 6 and 7) from Pope Benedict XVI's address to the Bishops of the United States in January:
"... it is imperative that the entire Catholic community in the United States come to realize the grave threats to the Church's public moral witness presented by a radical secularism which finds increasing expression in the political and cultural spheres. The seriousness of these threats needs to be clearly appreciated at every level of ecclesial life.
Of particular concern are certain attempts being made to limit that most cherished of American freedoms, the freedom of religion. Many of you have pointed out that concerted efforts have been made to deny the right of conscientious objection on the part of Catholic individuals and institutions with regard to cooperation in intrinsically evil practices. Others have spoken to me of a worrying tendency to reduce religious freedom to mere freedom of worship without guarantees of respect for freedom of conscience."
Here once more we see the need for an engaged, articulate and well-formed Catholic laity endowed with a strong critical sense vis-à-vis the dominant culture and with the courage to counter a reductive secularism which would delegitimize the Church's participation in public debate about the issues which are determining the future of America society."
The evidence is alarming. It is imperative that America's First Freedom is preserved for the next generation.
It is "In God We Trust,"
Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
Go to www.CPCFoundation.com to learn more or get involved.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Pastor wins right to preach on Chicago Streets
Pastor Curt Teesdale and eight members of Garfield Ridge Baptist Church were handing out scripture and talking to the public about the gospel at a street festival in 2008 when police arrested Teesdale on a charge of trespassing, even though he and his church members were standing on a public street.
The charges were quickly dropped in criminal court, but the Chicago law firm of Mauck & Baker filed suit in federal court on behalf of Teesdale's constitutional rights. Attorney Noel Sterett tells OneNewsNow that when the pastor won in district court, that decision was appealed by the city.
"We received a decision from the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and it's a mixed bag," he details. "The decision is a tremendous victory for free speech rights and for Pastor Teesdale, because it affirms that the city cannot prevent Pastor Teesdale or others from his church from exercising their First Amendment right to proclaim the gospel at upcoming festivals."
On the downside, though the legal battle was prolonged for three years, no damages will be collected because of the way the law is written. (OneNewsNow) Read more.
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
"When Love Was Slain"
Soon Lord, very soon,
Oh, soon Lord, oh very soon,
You'll come take me to be with You,
Soon Lord, very soon.
Soon Lord, oh very soon.
[Worship Him now . . .]