• The Middle East in Focus
• The Daily Jot
• The Good News Corner
• Worship with Us Today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief - Wednesday, May 18, 2011
"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:3)
The Daily Brief
1. U.S. Calls for Global Cybersecurity Strategy - NY Times
The Obama administration on Monday proposed creating international computer security standards with penalties for countries and organizations that fell short.
- Father, we pray that systems will be in place around the globe that would protect citizens from theft of private information. But at the same time to allow individuals in foreign nations to have internet freedoms. We pray that all attempts to hack into private information will be met with the same response as any threat upon our country.
- I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Your word. (Psalm 119:101)
2. CBO: Budget Deal Raised Spending $3.2 Billion - NewsMax
When Congress and the White House came to an agreement on the 2011 budget last month to avoid a government shutdown, the deal was advertised as cutting spending by $38.5 billion. In fact, it raises government spending by $3.2 billion for the rest of the fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said Monday, The Hill reports.
- Father, we intercede for our government. We pray that truth prevails and all hidden language and deceptions stop. Give us leaders with wisdom and innovation to solve difficult problems.
- I have heard of you, that the Spirit of the holy God is in you and that light and understanding and superior wisdom are found in you. (Daniel 5:14)
3. Obama Europe Trip to Focus on Economy, Security - VOA News
Obama is scheduled to leave early Monday for a six-day, four-nation tour of Europe. Obama will talk with European leaders about improving the global economy and regional security as well as bilateral and multilateral relations.
- Lord, we pray protection during this trip. We pray much will be accomplished in security and economy issues. Give Obama wisdom in dealing with foreign leaders and protect against any "deals" made that would weaken America.
- In a multitude of words transgression is not lacking, but he who restrains his lips is prudent. (Proverbs 10:19)
4. U.S., EU planning new steps in response to Syria crackdown - Ha'aretz
The United States and the European Union will take new steps to respond to Syria's crackdown in coming days if the government does not change course, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said on Tuesday.
- Father, give wisdom to the United States and the European Union in responding to Syria. May they stand strong and have understanding on what sanctions that will have the most impact on the Syrian regime.
- Where no wise guidance is, the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. (Proverbs 11:14)
5. Senate "Cloture" Vote on Goodwin Liu is tomorrow - Federal intercessors
Goodwin Liu is up for a "cloture" vote tomorrow. I have addressed this man's extremely far-left positions before, and called for prayer for this man to be rejected by the Senate regarding his nomination to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Leftist, Judicial activist judges are always bad, but this person would be a disaster, and quite possibly Obama's next Supreme Court nomination.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Read Ed Whelan's analyses of Goodwin Liu. Go here.
- Father, we pray for this man's rejection tomorrow before the Senate. We pray You block this judge from ever achieving this position. We decree and declare that only righteous, God-fearing judges will be placed in office. Let the righteous rule!
- A man's gift makes room for him and brings him before great men. (Proverbs 18:16)
6. Al Qaeda Reportedly Picks Interim Operational Leader - Fox News
Egyptian militant Saif al-Adel reportedly has taken over as an interim operational leader of Al Qaeda until the terror group appoints Usama bin Laden's permanent successor after the U.S. Navy SEALs' deadly raid on bin Laden's Pakistan.
- Father, we pray confusion and disorganization on this terror group. May they fall into their own nets. We pray this group will continue to weaken and dissolve altogether.
- Evil shall cause the death of the wicked, and they who hate the just and righteous shall be held guilty and shall be condemned. (Psalm 34: 21)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"And the LORD said unto Abram . . .'Lift up your eyes, and look from the place where you are north, and south, east, and west, for all the land which you see, will I give to you and to your seed forever.'" (Genesis 13:14,15)
1. Obama's draft speech to urge '67 borders, negate PA's state bid - Ynet News
Obama is set to give his next political speech at 6pm Thursday, just hours before Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu leaves for Washington and according to a draft of the speech, obtained by Yedioth Ahronoth, the American president's Middle East policy, though unwavering, may not be as discordant as some have feared.
- God, the foundation of this speech is not according to Your preordained plan for Israel, nor is the timing forthright since it is to be delivered only hours before Netanyahu departs from Israel. We plead with the Lord God of Israel to cut the ropes that would ensnare the Prime Minister. The chaff in the speech shall be burned up with the flame of devouring fire so that after it is given, only the truth shall be revealed and the empty words shall be as a dream of a night vision. So shall the multitude of all nations be that fight against Israel. In Jesus Name.
- "And you shall be brought down, and shall speak out of the ground, and your speech shall be low out of the dust, and your voice shall be, as of one that has a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and your speech shall whisper out of the dust." (Isaiah 29:4)
2. Abbas urges UN: Recognize Palestinian state, pave way for legal action against Israel - Ha'aretz
In a New York Times op-ed, Palestinian President says a UN move to authorize an independent Palestinian state come September would rectify what he calls the 'unfulfilled' 1947 UN partition plan.
- God, may the hearts of those who plot against Israel be as water that sloshes and is unstable. Men speak words that would make Israel desolate, and swallow them up on every side, that Israel might be a possession to the residue of the heathen. God, lift up Your hand against their enemies, for they shall bear their shame and their plans shall be brought to waste. In Jesus Name.
- "Therefore thus says the Lord God: Surely in the fire of My jealousy have I spoken against the residue of the heathen, and against all Idumea, which have appointed My Land into their possession with the joy of all their heart, with despiteful minds, to cast it out for a prey." (Ezekiel 36:5)
3. PM: Abbas 'blatantly distorting' documented history - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu crossed swords with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Tuesday, saying an op-ed Abbas penned in Tuesday's New York Times was a "blatant distortion" of history.
- God, we ask that the sword of the Lord cut through the lies and distortion of history that has been spread abroad by this president. Bring forth a counteroffensive from heaven that will bring his words to naught. Call him forth and require that he give an account and speak the truth that is substantiated by historical facts. In Jesus Name.
- "One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sins: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established." (Deuteronomy 19:15)
4. Obama, Jordan's King Discuss Mideast Developments - VOA News
The talks began a week of intense Middle East-related activity for the president, which will include a major address Thursday on the U.S. approach to the upheaval and political changes in the region, followed by his meeting on Friday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- God, we ask that You send the heavenly host of warring angels into the midst of every activity in the Middle East, that the words of men shall not stand unless they are conformable to written prophecy in the Bible. Let all men be accountable to the God of the Middle East. May the righteousness of holy solemnity settle over the Land and the voices of people that propose political changes in the region. In Jesus Name.
- "Acquaint now yourself with God, and be at peace: thereby good shall come to you. Receive, I pray, the law from the Lord's mouth, and lay up His words in your heart." (Job 22:21-22)
5. Netanyahu: Conflict is about 1948, not 1967 - Ynet News
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday addressed the Knesset plenum as part of the Knesset's "Herzl Day" events.
- God, hold PM Netanyahu steady to stay with the point of the issue at hand and not be taken off course. Wrap him in the folds of Your presence and speak into his ears "thus says the Lord." Stabilize him. Fill him with sound confidence that God is with him and the angels of heaven are around him. Father, let nothing jar his assurance that he is God-called to this leadership position of the greatest nation on earth. Nothing shall shake him. Hold up Your hand, God, against all the powers of hell that come against him. Secure him from heaven and he shall hold his course firm to the end. In Jesus Name.
- "You shall also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto you: and the light shall shine upon your ways." (Job 22:28)
The Daily Jot
The Prophetic calling on your life
In the past few days there have been more than the usual numbers of people unsubscribing from The Daily Jot. Its not alarming, but after almost a decade of writing this column each day, I can tell what really gets to people--its usually the truth. And herein lies part of the problem. Many Christians have been filled so full of themselves by their pastors and spiritual leaders that there is no room in them for the truth of Christ and their individual prophetic destinies. Therefore, when someone says that you are not getting the job done, that you are too busy with yourself to see that your community and your nation are falling apart, there is a vitriolic reaction that takes place against that type of accountability.
Many have written asking what to do. Traditionally, I have taken the position that the Lord will tell you. But that does not seem to be enough for some people who want more specifics. Others are doing everything they know, but its not working. Again, the answer is found in the Lord. Others will say that prayer is the only answer. If prayer was the only answer, then why are there numerous accounts in the Bible where prayer started the movement and action finished it? Still others say that by exhorting the saints to action, I am getting in the way of God's judgement on this nation for turning its back on him. Far be it from me, a mere human, to stand in the way of God and his righteous judgment.
But if God is judging this nation, who in particular is under judgment? If we are to believe the Holy Scriptures, and I do, and 1 Peter 4:17 says, "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begins at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"...then it is those who follow the Lord who first come under judgment. You see, if our nation is being judged because we have turned our backs on the Lord, who is it that did the turning? The unbelievers? No. It is the believers. By our self indulgence in the strange doctrines of man and buying into the secular humanism of the world around us, we collectively have been instrumental in the decline of our society.
It is your responsibility. It is my responsibility. Jesus said, "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." He said, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." You have a prophetic calling on your life. Jesus says so. And it is not to become self indulged with feel good stuff. It is to be salt and light. And when the wall around Jerusalem needed rebuilt, the remnant dropped what it was doing and rebuilt it. Our nation has crumbled around us. It is our responsibility as Christians to repent, regroup and rebuild.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
Supreme Court Won't Hear Atheist's Complaint over Presidential Oath
For the second time this year, the U.S. Supreme Court has turned away an appeal brought by atheist and lawyer Michael Newdow.
In the first case, Newdow had challenged the use of "In God We Trust" on U.S. currency. In the appeal rejected today, he had sought to stop the chief justice of the nation's highest court from including "so help me God" when swearing in U.S. presidents, claiming the reference to God infringes on his beliefs.
"We have religious freedom, and the government's supposed to stay out of that business," Newdow told Family News in Focus. "Every American's fundamental rights have been infringed here."
For 80 years, U.S. presidents have included the phrase in their swearing-in ceremonies. A federal appeals court told Newdow he lacked standing to sue.
"If there were points for being consistently wrong about what the Constitution allows with regard to governmental references to the Almighty, surely the litigious Mr. Newdow would be the all-time points leader," said Bruce Hausknecht, judicial analyst at CitizenLink.
"Unfortunately for secularists who want to re-write history, our Judeo-Christian heritage is woven into the fabric of our constitutional life, and we -- including atheists and secularists -- are a better country for it." (CitizenLink)
Worship with Us Today!
Israel Hine Lo Yanum by Keren Davis
He that keepeth Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps. Hineh, lo yanum velo yishan shomer yisrael. As a mother comforts her child, so the Lord comforts Jerusalem.
Praise the God of Jacob now . . .