Due to the turmoil we now see surfacing across the nation tonight, we are publishing our "Monday edition" of the Brief NOW. Our next edition will be released early Tuesday morning.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief: SPECIAL EDITION
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, January 30, 2017
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross
"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love,
and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
Helpful hint: In order to expedite using this issue of the Brief, simply go to the headline section (in green, at the top), locate your article of interest (for instance, "The Daily Jot) and click on that title. You will be directed to that portion of this Brief.
"Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth."
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. Today's Prayer for the First One Hundred Days
5. New! PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
6. White House Press Briefings
[The following note was submitted by one of our Prayer Partners]
I have been overwhelmed with all the stuff that President Trump is getting done too, so to help keep it straight in my mind, I have been watching the White House press conference every day. The White House started a YouTube channel, so all President Trump's speeches and announcements plus the daily press conference are there.
The press conference, run by (the new Press Secretary), Sean Spicer, is pretty entertaining. He opens with a statement that tells everything the President is doing that day: which executive orders he signed, which heads of state he spoke with, what meetings were held that he attended, and other details. I like hearing a clear list of what's going on.
Next Spicer starts calling on reporters by looking at a list of who is there. Every day this week so far, he has called on several conservative news blogs before getting to the mainstream media (like AP or CNN) . . . There is so much happening that most of the reporters ask questions about the President's executive orders or other announcements.
To view each day's press conference, go here.
The videos of these press briefings appear below the video of Inauguration itself.
Focus on Israel
1. Netanyahu: "We are Building, and We Will Continue to Build" - BFP
"We are building, and we will continue to build." That was Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's message after the Israeli government gave the green light for the construction of approximately 2,500 homes in Judea and Samaria.
The new residential units are set to go up in Jewish communities and neighborhoods located in east Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria, Israel's ancestral homeland and the stage against which the majority of the Old Testament plays out. (Read more)
2. Days after the Inauguration, Trump and Netanyahu have "Very Good" Conversation - BFP
President Donald Trump was sworn in as the United States' 45th Commander in Chief on Friday, a historic event that many believe signals an era of strengthened ties between the US and Israel. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu did not go to the ceremony, as leaders of foreign countries typically do not attend US presidential inaugurations.
Yet despite Netanyahu's absence, the two world leaders appear to be on exceptionally friendly terms and have even spoken at length over the weekend. (Read more)
3. IDF Preparing for Trump's Embassy Decision - BFP
When IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eisenkot instructed IDF [Israel Defense Forces] commanders last week not to utter the name Donald Trump in public, it wasn't just another theoretical reminder of the relationship between a military echelon and a political echelon. It turns out that in recent weeks, the army and the defense establishment have been busy analyzing the meanings and implications of the change of president in the United States. (Read more)
4. IDF Changing Tactics for Possible Third Lebanon War - BFP
Two major changes are shaping the IDF's [Israel Defense Forces] preparations for a possible third Lebanon war: First, the army is training designated forces for ground maneuvers to fight entire companies or platoons of Hezbollah fighters that infiltrate Israeli territory. Second, it is training brigades to effectively and proficiently destroy Hezbollah's tunnel strategy. (Read more)
5. "We Remember:" Israel Marks International Holocaust Memorial Day - BFP
Today [Friday, Jan. 27] is the International Holocaust Remembrance Day. It is a day that transcends borders and religions as the world remembers the terrible genocide during which an estimated 6 million Jewish men, women and children were murdered.
On 27 January 1945, Russian forces reached the Auschwitz-Birkenau extermination camp and opened the gates to the largest Nazi killing center in Europe. Auschwitz has since become a symbol of the Holocaust, representing the depths of evil, cruelty and deprivation. Today, 72 years later, the date continues to echo as a clarion call to remember that which was lost. (Read more)
Prayer Focus (Offered by Bridges for Peace)
Offer thanksgiving to the Lord for saving many Jews in miraculous ways from the Holocaust. Bring the remnant of the Holocaust survivors, now rich in years, before the Lord for joyous times with their friends and family, comfort when they are lonely and provision when they are needy. Thank Him for blessing those who risked their lives to save Jews and for those who are taking the time to remember today.
"For the Lord shall build up Zion; He shall appear in His glory. He shall regard the prayer of the destitute, and shall not despise their prayer." (Psalm 102:16-17)
The Daily Brief (Part One)
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
THE DAILY BRIEF: PART ONE - DOMESTIC ISSUES
1. Santorum Has 'No Doubt' Trump Will Name Pro-Life Supreme Court Justice - CNSNews.com
Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) told CNSNews.com on Friday he has "no doubt" that President Donald Trump will follow through on his promise to appoint a pro-life Supreme Court justices--including to fill the seat left vacant by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
At the March for Life in Washington, D.C., CNSNews.com asked Santorum: "As a candidate, President Trump promised to nominate 'pro-life justices to the U.S. Supreme Court.' How crucial is it that Trump follow through on that promise?"
"I think he is following through," Santorum responded. "If you look at the list that he put together, and he said he's going to pick from that list, they are solid, good guys. So I have no doubt he's going to follow through." (Read more)
- Lord God, as You have always been the ultimate Judge over all the earth, judging with logic, precision, and sound intelligence, and so we claim the Word that says, "I will execute judgment: I AM the Lord." We, therefore, trust You to guide President Trump in hearing Your voice and obeying Your will to name the pro-life Supreme Court Justice that will execute godly judgment in all cases. Let Your hand rest upon this new judge. In the Name of Jesus we pray and trust.
- "I can of My own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and My judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which has sent me."
2. Pence: 'Life Is Winning Again in America' - CNSNews.com
Vice President Mike Pence told attendees at the March for Life on Friday that "life is winning in America" and that they have a president who is already making good on his pro-life campaign promises.
"Life is winning again in America," Pence said. "That is evident in the election of pro-life majorities in the Congress of the United States of America, but it is no more evident in any way than in the historic election of a president who stands for a stronger America, a more prosperous America, and a president who I proudly say stands for the right to life - President Donald Trump." (Read more)
- Father God, we joyfully come to You as You have bless us with our Christian President and Vice - President, the pro-life majorities in Congress and all people who support pro-life. Hallelujah! We give You our love, our praise and our honor that unborn babies are safe to grow and become the persons You created them to be. Amen.
- "They send forth their little ones like a flock, And their children dance." (Job 21:ll)
3. Trump Shuts the Door on Muslim Refugees - Breaking Israel News
On Friday, President Donald Trump signed an executive order putting a hold on refugees entering the US and travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries. The order also would put the emphasis on helping Christian refugees from Muslim-majority countries while curtailing the refugee program. The order suspended the entry of refugees into the United States for 120 days and directs officials to determine additional vetting procedures.
The order bars entry to travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries linked to terrorism for 90 days: Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen. This includes travelers with immigrant and tourist visas. Green card holders from those countries will also be excluded from entering, and only those holding diplomatic visas will be permitted into the US. The executive order immediately suspended issuance of new visas and other immigration benefits from these countries. The ban also put an indefinite moratorium on refugees from Syria.
The order also gave the Department of Homeland Security leeway to prioritize refugee claims made by people "on the basis of religious based persecution" if the person applying for refugee status is "a minority religion in the individual's country of nationality." This effectively makes it easier for Christians in majority Muslim countries to enter the United States than it would for Muslims from those countries. (Read more)
- Lord God, from Your throne in heaven You have witnessed all the evil that these seven countries have committed regarding terrorism and the bloodbaths that have happened on a daily basis from these people. To this enemy we say: You have plowed wickedness, you have reaped iniquity; you have eaten the fruit of lies: because you did trust in your way. You have sown the wind, and shall reap the whirlwind. May God's hand of protection be upon America and may the heavenly host of angels surround our borders as a wall standing tall against our enemies. We pray in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
- "Shall I not visit for these things? saith Hashem, shall not My soul be avenged on such a nation as this?" (Jeremiah 5:29)
4. Protests erupt at airports around the U.S. following Trump travel ban - Fox News
President Donald Trump's travel ban barring citizens of seven predominantly Muslim nations entry into the U.S. has sparked protests around the country. A federal judge in New York Saturday night issued an emergency order temporarily barring the U.S. from deporting people who arrived with valid visas or an approved refugee application. But Trump's immigration ban caused chaos earlier in the day.
Lawyers and advocates working at the airport said they didn't have a hard count on the number of people taken into custody after getting off their flights.
"Today's actions have tarnished America's standing as a beacon of hope for the free world, and there has been scant credible and confirmed information available throughout the day about the impact of the president's executive order or those detained." Chicago's Mayor Rahm Emanuel said in a statement. He added, "I am calling on the federal government to immediately produce a list of the names of anyone currently being detained at O'Hare or Midway Airports, and calling on those unjustly affected to immediately be released and allowed to access legal counsel." (Read more)
- Lord God, the war is on. This is a fight between the rule of law and order, and anarchy. We ask that You would strengthen those agents and personnel who are now standing watch at the gates of entry in these international airports, that they and all others be kept safe in this melee. Come Lord Jesus, we pray, amen.
- "He will be a spirit of justice to the one who sits in judgment, a source of strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate." (Isaiah 28:6)
5. DHS will continue to enforce Trump's travel ban - Fox News
The Department of Homeland Security issued a statement early Sunday saying that they plan on continuing to "enforce all of the president's executive orders in a manner that ensures the safety and security of the American people." The DHS said the court order would not affect the overall implementation of the White House order and the court order affected a small number of travelers who were inconvenienced by security procedures upon their return.
"The president's executive orders remain in place-prohibited travel will remain prohibited, and the U.S. government retains its right to revoke visas at any time if required for national security or public safety," the statement said.
A federal judge issued an emergency order Saturday night temporarily barring the U.S. from deporting people from nations subject to President Donald Trump's travel ban, saying travelers who had been detained had a strong argument that their legal rights had been violated. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray for President Trump and ask that the powerful angelic forces in heaven get behind him so that all of his executive orders be carried out as stated. The terrorists that have come into the United States through these airports have perpetrated their terrorist activities against the American people. This executive order will put an end to all the danger that has come across our borders through these gates. We are determined to follow the laws of America and to stand against the lawlessness of terrorism. May God stand with America and protect us all. We pray in the Name of Jesus our Lord, amen.
- "Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till He come and rain righteousness upon you."
6. Trump signs memorandum to defeat ISIS, executive order to curtail ex-officials from lobbying - Fox News
President Trump on Saturday signed one executive order and two memoranda -- to lengthen the ban on administration officials working as lobbyists and two related to national security, particularly strengthening efforts to defeat the Islamic State terror group.
The order on the lobbying ban extends the existing one from two years to five years and puts in place a lifetime ban on ex-officials lobbying for foreign countries.
In addition, one memorandum attempts to strengthen the country's National Security Council and Homeland Security Council. The second memorandum instructs the U.S. military's Joint Chiefs of staff to come up with a plan in 30 days to defeat ISIS.
"Lots of additional safety," Trump said in signing the actions at his desk. "We've been talking about doing this for a long time, many years." (Read more)
- Lord God in heaven, we ask You to strengthen every effort being made to destroy ISIS and all terrorist groups worldwide. Close the door on lobbyists. Praise God for the lifetime ban on ex-officials lobbying for foreign countries. Employ the righteousness of heaven to come upon all those making these decisions and strategies to accomplish that monumental accomplishment. God, give President Trump intelligence that is imparted to him from heaven, to bring down the ungodly sound of battle in the land which causes great destruction and misery. We pray in the Name of Jesus the Christ and give You thanks for Your answer to prayer.
- "Their Redeemer is strong; the Lord of hosts is His Name: He shall thoroughly plead their cause, that He may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon. A sword of the Lord is upon the inhabitants of Babylon and upon her princess and upon her wise men. A sword of the Lord is upon her mighty men and they shall be dismayed." (Jeremiah 50:34-36)
7. Texas Officials Warn of ISIS Threat to US-Mexican Border - algemeiner.com
A report by the Texas Department of Public Safety raises concerns about ISIS terrorists using the Mexican border to enter and leave the country. The Texas reported noted that at least 13 aspiring terrorists have tried to cross the Mexican border, or considered trying, since 2012.
Most of the people who tried to sneak over the border knew they were on the Federal no-fly list, the report said. According to the Lone Star state's report, sneaking across the southern border "presents an opportunity for increasing numbers of aspiring foreign terrorist fighters to evade US interdiction efforts such as the No-Fly List." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that we are now getting a much clearer picture of the actual dangers we are facing on our southern border. In addition to President Trump building a wall of defense in that region, we call forth a host of Your heavenly angels to stand as another wall of protection over our people, until all activities of ISIS against us have ceased.
- "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." (Psalm 91:4)
8. Trump Wants to Enlist Local Police in Immigration Crackdown - Newsmax
To build his highly touted deportation force, President Donald Trump is reviving a long-standing program that deputizes local officers to enforce federal immigration law.
The program received scant attention during a week in which Trump announced plans to build a border wall, hire thousands more federal agents and impose restrictions on refugees from Middle Eastern countries. But the program could end up having a significant impact on immigration enforcement around the country, despite falling out of favor in recent years amid complaints that it promotes racial profiling.
More than 60 police and sheriff's agencies had the special authority as of 2009, applying for it as the nation's immigration debate was heating up. Since then, the number has been halved and the effort scaled back as federal agents ramped up other enforcement programs and amid complaints officers weren't focusing on the goal of catching violent offenders and instead arrested immigrants for minor violations, like driving with broken tail lights.
In his executive order this week, Trump said he wants to empower local law enforcement to act as immigration officers and help with the "investigation, apprehension, or detention" of immigrants in the country illegally. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You place Your finger upon the boundaries You would proscribe, as our local police are granted this new level of authority. May this new edict be used for the blessing of our people, in Your name, amen.
- "And I placed boundaries on it And set a bolt and doors . . ." (Job 38:10)
9. Trump: Israel's security fence proves Mexico wall will work - israelhayom.com
In an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity on Thursday, U.S. President Donald Trump touted his efforts to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border and cited the security fence Israel has built against terrorists as an example. "The wall is necessary," Trump said. "That's not just politics, and yet it is good for the heart of the nation, because people want protection and a wall protects. All you have to do is ask Israel."
Trump said the Israeli fence was responsible for stopping the flow of Palestinian perpetrators into Israeli population centers in the Second Intifada during the previous decade.
"They [Israel] were having a total disaster [with terrorists] coming across and [then] they had a wall, it is 99.9% stoppage; a proper wall, not a wall that is this high like they [U.S. border authorities] have right now, they have little toy walls. I am talking about a real wall. And even that, of course, will have people violate it, but we will have people waiting for them when they do." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the example set by the nation of Israel that demonstrates the wisdom to build a wall, to fortify and defend a nation, when necessary. We praise You, too, that President Trump has honored Israel in this statement. In Your name, amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse . . ."
10. Trump plans to give persecuted Christians priority refugee status - Washington Examiner
Persecuted Christians seeking asylum in the United States will be given priority when they apply for refugee status, President Trump said Thursday. "We are going to help them. They've been horribly treated," Trump told the Christian Broadcasting Network in an interview set to air Sunday.
"Do you know if you were a Christian in Syria it was impossible, and the reason that was so unfair - everybody was persecuted in all fairness - but they were chopping off the heads of everybody, but more so the Christians," he told CBN's David Brody.
Upon being asked if he sees persecuted Christians "as kind of a priority" when it comes to granting non-citizens refugee status, Trump told Brady: "Yes." (Read more)
- Hallelujah!!! After years of travail, our Lord is answering our prayers! In this time of rejoicing, we honor the many fine ministries who, for many decades, have worked ' tirelessly on behalf of the persecuted church worldwide. Hallelujah!
- "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
(2 Chronicles 15:7)
11. Conway gets Secret Service protection due to death threats - New York Post
President Trump's adviser Kellyanne Conway is getting Secret Service protection after receiving suspicious "white substances" at her home, she revealed in a TV interview. The White House counselor - Trump's most visible adviser - is being protected by the same agency tasked with his security after receiving the threats, Conway told Fox News' Sean Hannity.
"Because of what the press is doing now to me, I have Secret Service protection," she said. "We have packages delivered to my house with white substances. That is a shame."
While Conway's Secret Service detail is unusual, it is not without precedent. Barack Obama's closest adviser, Valerie Jarrett, also was protected by the agency.
Asked by the Washington Post about the relationship among Trump's top advisers - herself, Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner and Reince Priebus - Conway said it was good. "We're a cohesive unit," Conway said. "The senior team exhibits many of the characteristics President Trump has always valued: cohesion, collaboration, high energy and high impact," she added. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for the Secret Service personnel tasked with keeping Kellyanne Conway and others who are our highest ranking advisers to President Trump safe from all harmful acts. You are the protector from all evil. Let things hidden be revealed so that no one will be injured. For those choosing false gods let them see Your glory shine as evil is taken down to the pit. Thank You for hearing our prayer and blessing our nation with a Godly administration. In Your Holy name. Amen.
- "Deliver me, O Lord, from evil men; Preserve me from violent men, Who plan evil things in their hearts; They continually gather together for war. They sharpen their tongues like a serpent; The poison of asps is under their lips. Selah" (Psalm 140: 1-3)
12. Gingrich warns U.S. of 'very dangerous' Obama directive - WND
The day before President Trump was inaugurated, a Democrat-controlled commission set new standards to protect the America's life-sustaining electric grid that will leave the U.S. vulnerable to a devastating electromagnetic pulse, or EMP, attack from a hostile nation such as North Korea or Iran.
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's directive, issued Jan. 19, will protect the nation only from an EMP caused by solar activities.
The move was condemned by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, a top adviser to Trump during the presidential campaign. (Read more)
- Lord God, we do not doubt this horrifying report. If there was any one action our former "president" might have taken to endanger our entire nation, this would be it. Father God, we ask that our new Commander-in-Chief, President Trump, will rescind this order quickly, so that no harm may come to our people. In Your Name, amen.
- "And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son." (John 14:13)
The Daily Brief (Part Two)
THE DAILY BRIEF: PART TWO - INTERNATIONAL ISSUES
1. Netanyahu backs Trump's Mexico wall, touts similar one on Egypt border as 'great idea' - Fox News
Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday expressed his support for President Trump's controversial plan to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, saying the barrier he built along his country's southern border "stopped all illegal immigration" and was a "great idea."
Trump on Wednesday signed executive actions to start the construction of a continuous, "physical" wall, making good on a campaign promise to keep out illegal immigrants from Mexico, particularly "rapists" and drug dealers. "Beginning today, the United States of America gets back control of its borders," Trump declared. "We are going to save lives on both sides of the border." President Trump is right," tweeted Netanyahu, who is trying to forge a better relationship with Trump than the one he had with previous President Obama. "I built a wall along Israel's southern border. It stopped all illegal immigration. Great success. Great idea."
The southern wall in Israel -- completed in 2013 after two years of construction and paid for by Israel -- is not the West Bank barrier, built to end terror attacks launched from Palestinian Arab cities. The barrier was built because Israel was facing problems from the influx of tens of thousands of African illegal immigrants through Egypt -- mostly from Eritrea, Sudan, Ethiopia, Ivory Coast and Nigeria and seeking employment and asylum. (Read more)
- Lord, America's support of Israel shown by President Trump is an encouragement to Israel's Prime Minister Netanyahu. The prime minister is hopeful as we are of a better relationship with the USA than the one he had with Mr. Obama. The success of the wall built along the southern border of Israel is proof that a wall built along the border of US -Mexico will stop illegal immigrants from crossing our border, particularly rapists and drug dealers. Let Your peace reign on both sides of the wall. Amen.
- "Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, Neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; But you shall call your walls Salvation, And your gates Praise." (Isaiah 60:18)
2. Kremlin: Trump-Putin call focused on improved relations, defeating ISIS - Fox News
President Donald Trump and Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin on Saturday spoke for the first time since Trump was sworn in -- a much anticipated talk about future relations between two world powers with a complicated history, including recent reports that Putin and Russia worked to influence the 2016 White House race on behalf of Trump.
Trump and Putin were expected to discuss the sanctions that Trump's predecessor, President Obama, imposed on Russia for annexing Ukraine's Crimea Peninsula in 2014.
The Kremlin said the world leaders talked about Ukraine, Iran's nuclear program, North Korean aggression and better trade and economic ties but made no mention of the sanctions. The message on the Kremlin website, translated to English, also stated that Trump and Putin talked about coordinating efforts to defeat the Islamic State and other terror groups around the world, particularly in Syria, torn apart in a bloody civil war that is approaching its sixth anniversary. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that Your protection be all around President Trump as he speaks with Russian P.M. Vladmir Putin. Father, we ask that You give him God-given discernment and intelligence to separate the truth from untrue statements. Line by line, we pray President Trump will see the roots from which Putin is conversing, and have a clear-minded understanding of every situation, and his hands be strong to hold to what is right and oppose what is wrong. We pray in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
- "These are the things that you shall do; Speak you every man the truth to his neighbor; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates: And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbor; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, says the Lord." (Zechariah 8:16-17)
3. Churchill bust takes center stage as Trump, May reaffirm special relationship - Fox News
President Trump, in his first meeting with British Prime Minister Theresa May Friday, pledged his "lasting support" to the historic relationship between the U.S. and the U.K., and called an independent Britain a "blessing to the world."
During what was also Trump's first meeting with a foreign leader, the pair posed in the Oval Office in front of a bust of Winston Churchill - a possible metaphor for how the Trump administration sees the relationship between the two countries as critical to its foreign policy.
Former Prime Minister Tony Blair gave President George W. Bush a bust in the wake of the 9/11 attacks. The bust was removed from the Oval Office by President Obama in 2009, triggering significant controversy.
"This is the original folks, in many, many ways," he told the press. "It's a great honor to have Winston Churchill back."
"Well, thank you, Mr. President," May replied. "We're very pleased." (Read more)
- Father, as we see this bust of Winston Churchill returned to its rightful place in the Oval Office, we witness the restoration of a strong and abiding relationship with one of our most faithful allies, the United Kingdom. We ask that this renewed friendship will now be strengthened in the days ahead as, together, we face the globalist enemies enemies that surround us in the New World Order. Amen.
- "Then I will make up to you for the years That the swarming locust has eaten, The creeping locust, the stripping locust and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you." (Joel 2:25)
4. British PM: 'Dawn Breaks on a New Era of American Renewal' - CNSNews.com
British Prime Minister Theresa Day referred to President Donald Trump's election as 'dawn breaking on a new era of American renewal," adding that "a newly emboldened, confident America is good for the world."
May, who will be the first head of state to visit the new president at the White House on Friday, made the remarks Thursday at the Republican Party's Congress of Tomorrow Conference in Philadelphia, conjuring up images of the close partnership between former President Ronald Reagan and former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
"I speak to you not just as prime minister of the United Kingdom, but as a fellow conservative who believes in the same principles that underpin the agenda of your party," May told GOP leaders attending the conference. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Your people have spoken as You have led us and now the time of healing for our nation has begun. President Trump is mending broken relationships with other countries as shown by the visit of British Prime Minister Theresa May. Let this be the beginning of America becoming great again and regaining respect as a nation that has been lost in previous years.
- (The peace of God's Reign) "Then justice will dwell in the wilderness, And righteousness remain in the fruitful field." The work of righteousness will be peace, and the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever. My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." (Isaiah 32:18)
5. U.S. Funding for United Nations May Be Next on Trump's List - CNSNews.com
The United Nations and affiliated agencies, bankrolled by U.S. taxpayers to the tune of $7-$8 billion a year, looks set to be next in President Trump's crosshairs, as he seeks to rein in an organization whose actions, his ambassador to the world body has charged, are "often at odds with American national interests." (Read more)
- Father God, we continue to ask that this defunding of many of the agencies within the United Nations be done quickly, so that our tax dollars may be used for the interests of the American people. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
6. 3 'triggers' to Islamic uprising in Trump presidency - WND
A former Homeland Security officer who spent years screening Muslim immigrants points to three "triggers" of confrontation between the new administration of Donald Trump and the global Islamic movement.
These three issues will spawn a violent backlash in response to Trump as he attempts to implement what many believe are long-overdue reforms.
And Trump has already bumped head-on into one of the hot-button issues - Muslim immigration. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You would release Your ministering angels to defuse and to disarm these triggers and bring us Your peace. Please set these captives free, in Your name, amen.
- "And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." (Colossians 2:15)
The Daily Jot (IMPORTANT!)
Friday, January 27, 2017
The changing prophetic destiny of America
Under the presidencies of Jimmy Carter, George HW Bush, Bill Clinton, George W Bush and the immediate past "president," America was led in a direction of global governance. Throughout those years, and especially in the past decade, America's treatment of Israel has declined. The past eight years in particular has seen America become almost an enemy to Israel and no doubt this would have accelerated even more under a Hillary Clinton White House. Since 911, America has settled into a world order that is diametrically opposed to the interests of Israel and aligned itself with the traditional enemies of Israel. This, without check, has tremendous eternal implications for America and its citizens.
In Matthew 25:31-34 Jesus speaks a parable, "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit on the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say to them on his right hand, Come, you blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." In exegetic context, the theme of God judging sheep and goats is also found in Ezekiel 34-35, with the goats being the unrighteous leaders and nations that hated the children of Israel. There are many other examples of judging the nations who came against Israel and treated God's children with contempt.
We know from scripture that God will judge both nations and individuals. In Genesis 12:3 the Lord says to Abram, whose decedents became Israel, "And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and you shall be a blessing; And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curses thee." We find several prophecies where the nations that come against Israel are judged. Zechariah 12:9 says, "And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." The phrase "in that day" is a reference to the Day of the Lord, the same time frame Jesus spoke of when he said "When the Son of man shall come in his glory."
The leaders (shepherds) AND the nations (either sheep or goats) will be judged in the day of the Lord for how they treated Israel. Likewise, all the people will be judged by the way they treated God's people. Jesus continued in Matthew 25 to tell of how those who gave him clothing, food, visitation in prison, drink, and took him in as a stranger will receive their inheritance in the kingdom. Jesus says that what has been done to "the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me." He is speaking not only of how we are to treat one another, but also how we treat the children of God, Israel, who have been strangers, imprisoned, hungry, naked and thirsty. This is consistent with the entirety of scripture.
In the Day of the Lord, the United States does not want to be one of those nations that have come against Jerusalem, either militarily or politically. The nation would be judged and it will not bode well for those in it. Under every White House since Carter, with the exception of Ronald Reagan, America has been moving toward siding with the enemies of God against the children of Israel, especially under the immediate past "president." President Donald Trump is taking immediate steps to reverse this pattern. As we have seen from our brief study here, leaders are important for as Proverbs 29:2 says, "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn." Let us rejoice in and pray that America's prophetic destiny is being altered in the right direction by our new leader.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Communism and the Media
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]