Good news alert!
Ban on taxpayer funded abortions passes in House! Go here for details!
Friday is the March for Life: "The Power of One." For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
"Standing Together as One . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
" . . . and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom."
The First 100 Days
Prayer Resources for The First 100 Days
Tools to Assist in Offering Prayers for President Trump
and his Administration during these First 100 Days
1. 24/7 Prayer Line
Sponsored by the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Network, you can call this number anytime, day or night, and join other prayer warriors across the nation to pray for the new administration.
The Conference Number is: 712-770-4340
The Access Code is: 543555#
Please dial #6 to mute your phone.
All are welcome to join!
PrayerSurgeNow hosts a weekly call every Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. EST. Topics are geared to time-sensitive events happening in our country, and anointed speakers are invited to host each call, bringing insight to intercessors across the nation.
PrayerSurgeNow also hosts other calls throughout the week, as the need arises.
In order to keep pace with their news, please visit their blog at: www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.
PSN's Conference number is: 712-432-0075
Access Code is: 6149782#
3. Daily Devotions - Sponsored by the AsOne network.
A prayer topic, intercession and Scriptural decrees are posted daily during these First 100 Days. Please go here to find today's devotion.
4. Today's Prayer for the First One Hundred Days
January 25 - Reformation of Key Legislation
"Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone." (I Chronicles 29:12: NASB)
"Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone." (I Chronicles 29:12: NASB)
Every Administration makes decisions for the American public that affect our everyday lives. Some end up to be very beneficial and long-lasting. Others, are quickly found to have been mistakes, and the next Administration quickly rolls them back. At times, technology and new ideology help us see that modifications to familiar legislation are in order. Such is the case in 2017.
- The Affordable Healthcare Plan (Obamacare) has been found to be costly to many Americans. It is putting some insurance companies and small businesses out of business and the tax penalties are stressing many citizens. It is being reconstructed.
- The way this nation handles immigration needs a complete overhaul. The President is working with Hispanics on both sides of the aisle and in the private community to come up with a policy that will eventually work for all.
- Senator Lyndon B. Johnson proposed a limitation that was inserted into the tax code in 1954-if your organization pays no income taxes, you can't promote candidates for office or speak out about proposed legislation. Churches have felt bound ever since. President Trump has promised to repeal that "Johnson Amendment", restoring true freedom of speech to the pulpits of America. Speaking of the tax code, it has become quite complicated as time has gone on. Simplifying it is also goal of the President.
Points for Prayer:
The Lord cares about everyone-the rich and the poor, the old and the young, business owners and those who work for them, people of every ethnic group, government leaders and their constituents. Ask God to grant wisdom for solutions that are win-wins in the hardest of legislative issues.
Pray that a strong, workable solution will be found to replace Obamacare. Healthcare is something every American needs and it has become unaffordable. There has to be an answer that will benefit the public, the insurance companies, and businesses of every size. Pray that the solution will be found quickly!
Intercede for those working on the answer to our immigration problems. We need a plan that embraces those looking for a better life for their families while sifting out those who would cause us harm.
Pray for better national security strategies.
Ask the Lord for a repeal of the Johnson Amendment and for a simplification of the tax code, in general. Proclaim that the Church will speak up regarding candidates and that pastors will teach what the Bible says on moral issues.
> > > As of today, many of these issues have already been addressed by President Trump! Please begin to pray, point by point, for Congress who will next be tasked with writing laws to mandate these changes. Thank you.
5. New! PRAYERS FOR THE PRESIDENT
The First 100 Days and Beyond
A Collection of Prayers by the People:
An Inaugural Gift for President Donald J. Trump
To read this guide to prayer, written by 100 intercessors for each of the President's First 100 Days, please go here.
Focus on Israel
1. Israel okays 2,500 new settlement homes, 2 days after PM talks to Trump - Times of Israel
Israel approved the construction of approximately 2,500 homes in the West Bank, most of them in existing settlement blocs it hopes to keep in any peace deal, Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman announced on Tuesday.
The decision came two days after a Jerusalem planning committee approved the construction of 566 housing units in East Jerusalem, and on the heels of a phone conversation Sunday between Netanyahu and US President Donald Trump, in which the two discussed their plans for the region.
2. Israel advises citizens in Egypt's Sinai to leave, cites attack risk -Reuters
Israel on Tuesday advised its citizens in Egypt's insurgency-hit Sinai peninsula to leave the region, warning of the threat of an imminent attack.
Israeli holidaymakers are often warned of the risks they face in Sinai, which borders Israel, but the "Level 1" alert issued by the anti-terrorism directorate is its most severe warning.
It described the threat as "very high and concrete".
3. Shaked presents 5 point plan for national strength - Israel National News
Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked presented her plan for national strength at the International Conference of the Institute for National Security Studies (INSS) Tuesday evening.
Shaked took a swipe at Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and spoke of the State Comptroller's report on Operation Protective Edge at the start of her remarks. "I heard those who spoke in the Knesset yesterday about 'shooting from the hip.' I am here to present to you today a coherent strategic plan which was developed in recent months - a program of 'National Strength.' The program which we are promoting at this time is meant to create long-term security for Israel. The State Comptroller's report is further evidence of the need for a fundamental change in the perception and conduct of Israel's security."
4. 'Gaza infrastructure nearing collapse' - Jerusalem Post
Gaza's infrastructure is on the verge of collapse, the Israeli NGO Gisha said in a detailed report it issued on Tuesday, which painted a bleak picture of the lack of basic utilities in the Hamas-controlled Strip.
It described how Gaza's 1.8 million residents lack regular supplies of electricity, drinking water and adequate telecommunication services.
"Electricity blackouts in Gaza last between 8-12 hours each day, and have sometimes even reached 20 hours straight," Gisha said.
"Cooking gas and fuel for industry and vehicles are sometimes unavailable as well. One constant in Gaza is the persistent noise made by generators both domestic and industrial that are employed throughout the Strip to power homes, businesses, schools and hospitals in the absence of a consistent electricity supply," it explained.
5. Lieberman: 'In the next conflict-we will not stop until a white flag is raised' - YNET News
At a conference held by the Institute for National Security Studies on Tuesday, Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman said that the IDF's orders are to "go in full force." "If the other side doesn't yield and raise a white flag, we don't stop."
Lieberman also addressed the decision to approve the construction of about 2,500 housing units in Judea and Samaria and connected it to Donald Trump's taking office as the president of the United States: "There is nothing new about it, we have always constructed, including under the Obama administration."
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Trump orders construction of border wall, targets sanctuary cities - Fox News
President Trump signed executive orders Wednesday authorizing the construction of a U.S.-Mexico border wall and targeting sanctuary cities, following through on campaign promises that energized his base - and outraged his critics - during the 2016 campaign. The orders cover a range of immigration enforcement measures. The marquee item is a directive to pursue a southern border wall. "We've been talking about this from the beginning," Trump said, as he signed the border measure during a visit to the Department of Homeland Security.
While it's not yet clear exactly how such a wall might be funded or how much it would cost, Trump reiterated his vow that Mexico "absolutely" will pay for the project eventually, something the Mexican government has denied.
- Father, thank You for quick action on the border wall. We pray wisdom and ability on President Trump as he moves forward on this initiative.
- " . . . and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills." (Exodus 31:3)
2. H.R. 193: The American Sovereignty Restoration Act - ANZAC House of Prayer (New Zealand)
A bill was introduced early January 2017 for the removal of the United States from the United Nations.
According to the Congress website, H.R. 193 -- known as the American Sovereignty Restoration Act -- was introduced to the House on January 3and referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs.
While its official title says it seeks to end membership in the U.N., there are several other key components of the bill which include: ending the 1947 agreement that the U.N. headquarters will be housed in the U.S., ending peacekeeping operations, removing diplomatic immunity, and ending participation in the World Health Organization.
Should the bill pass, the act and its amendments will go into effect two years after it has been signed. The bill is sponsored by Rep. Mike D. Rogers [R-AL] and is cosponsored by six others. To see the full text of the bill, click here.
- Father, we thank You that, on the very first day that this session of Congress convened, Rep. Mike Rogers introduced this critical bill. We ask for swift action by the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, to bring this bill to the floor for a vote of passage. Lord God, we ask that a similar bill now be introduced in the Senate leading again to swift passage. In Your name, amen.
- "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14:14)
3. Trump administration to review $221m. payment to Palestinians in Obama's last hours - The Times of Israel
The State Department is reviewing a last-minute decision by former Secretary of State John Kerry to send $221 million dollars to the Palestinians late last week over the objections of congressional Republicans.
The department said Tuesday it would look at the payment and might make adjustments to ensure it comports with the Trump administration's priorities.
Kerry formally notified Congress that State would release the money Friday morning, just hours before President Donald Trump took the oath of office.
- Father God, we pray the Trump administration will negotiate the conditional release of these funds for the benefit of both Palestinians and Israelis.
- They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you. But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. (1 Peter 4:4-5)
4. House passes bill banning taxpayer funding for abortion - The Washington Times
The Republican-controlled House on Tuesday passed legislation prohibiting taxpayer dollars from financing abortions or health care plans covering them.
The No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2017, sponsored by Rep. Chris Smith, New Jersey Republican, essentially codifies the Hyde Amendment, a rider that prohibits federal funds from being used to pay for abortions that has been approved by Congress every year since 1976.
Speaker Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican, said the bill "protects the conscience of American taxpayers by ensuring that not a single dollar of their hard-earned money goes to fund abortions,"
He said the legislation is a reminder that "defending all of our people - especially the defenseless - must be our top priority if we want to be a good and moral nation. We are a pro-life Congress," the speaker added. (Read more)
- Father, we are grateful for this quick congressional action to protect the unborn. May this bill pass through the Senate quickly as well.
- Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin condemns any people. (Proverbs 14:34)
5. South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley Confirmed as UN Ambassador - NBC News
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley easily won confirmation to be President Donald Trump's ambassador to the United Nations Tuesday.
The Senate voted overwhelmingly in favor of confirmation, with just four senators - Independent Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Democrats Chris Coons of Delaware and Tom Udall and Martin Heinrich of New Mexico - voting against her. It was a quick confirmation, and a striking reversal in fortune for a woman who loudly criticized Trump during the GOP primary and endorsed one of his rivals, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.
- Father, we thank You for Nikki Haley's confirmation and service to our nation. We pray You would give her divine guidance as she represents the United States at the United Nations.
- And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:17)
6. Planned Parenthood: Our Name Is 'Deceptive,' We Don't Help Pregnant Women - Christian Post
Pro-life organization Live Action released an investigative video on Tuesday exposing Planned Parenthood's misleading claim that it provides healthcare services to pregnant women.
In its latest undercover video, Live Action called and went into 97 Planned Parenthood clinics nationwide to ask if they provide prenatal services to women who want to carry their unborn baby to term.
- Father, we thank You for exposing this evil organization. May they no longer be able to hide behind their lies of providing "women's healthcare", "prenatal care" and "cancer screening". We pray for total defunding of this organization by governments, non-profits and NGOs.
- For your hands are stained with blood, your fingers with guilt. Your lips have spoken falsely, and your tongue mutters wicked things. (Isaiah 59:3)
7. Suicide bombers are using babies to avoid detection - FoxNews
Babies are terrorists' newest weapon, Nigerian officials warn.
Female suicide bombers carrying infants set off explosive devices in Madagali on Jan. 13 after they were let through a security checkpoint where they were mistaken for civilians, the BBC reported. The women killed themselves, two babies and four others.
The women - believed to be from the homegrown Islamic extremist group Boko Haram - could signal a horrifying trend of terrorists using infants in order to avoid detection prior to attacks.
- Father, this makes our hearts heavy and sad. We pray You would deliver these people trapped in the Boko Haram sect of Islam. Open their eyes to see Your wonderful Son!
- For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace. (Romans 8:6)
8. Jordan's king to visit Moscow for Syria talks - The Times of Israel
Jordan's King Abdullah II will visit Moscow on Wednesday for talks with President Vladimir Putin on the Syrian crisis and "the fight against terrorism," a palace statement said.
The two leaders will discuss "developments in the Middle East, especially the Syrian crisis and the peace process" between Israel and the Palestinians, Tuesday's statement said.
- Father, we pray these talks will lead to increased peace and stability for the region and especially for Israel.
- A leader of good judgment gives stability; an exploiting leader leaves a trail of waste. (Proverbs 29:4)
9. BREAKING! President Trump to Announce Supreme Court Nominee on February 2nd - Rev. Pierre Bynum, Family Research Council
It was made known this week that President Trump will decide on his first nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday, February 2.
President Trump may have the opportunity to choose a couple more Supreme Court justices, shaping the Court for the next generation. Also, over 100 vacancies currently exist in the federal courts that the president must fill. He has a remarkable opportunity to appoint originalist justices and judges like Antonin Scalia, who will bring back judicial restraint to our highest Court and powerfully impact the entire American judiciary system. Please continue to pray for such an outcome in the months and years ahead.
- Pray that President Trump will hear God's guidance as he deliberates this week. May his choice, as he has promised, be a jurist in the mold of Justice Antonin Scalia! . . . May the Lord preside over every Senate confirmation hearing! Pray that all this will lead to the reversal of radical decisions like Roe v. Wade!
- "When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad." (Psalm 126:1-3)
10. Conservative Colorado judge emerges as a top contender to fill Scalia's Supreme Court seat - LA Times
Judge Neil M. Gorsuch, a highly regarded conservative jurist best known for upholding religious liberty rights in the legal battles over Obamacare, has emerged as a leading contender for President Trump's first Supreme Court nomination.
Gorsuch, 49, was among 21 potential high court candidates circulated by Trump's team during the campaign, but his stock has been rising lately as several admirers and supporters have been named to positions in the Trump administration. (Read more)
- Father God, as we have studied this article, it does seem that Judge Gorsuch has indeed been ruling from the bench in the tradition followed by Justice Antonin Scalia. We praise You, Lord, that this good man, one who adheres to the Constitution in rendering decisions in court, is now apparently in the lead to be nominated for this vacant bench. We ask that You would grant him Your continued favor, as this final decision is made. We bless You, Lord, amen.
- "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice . . ." (Proverbs 29:2)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
A call for media reform
In journalism school at The Ohio State University, I was taught very basic premises of reporting the news. The professors were sticklers for fact and the correct application of it. In one class, we were given the example of a race between the Soviet Union and the United States. The American won in this two-man contest. The headline in Pravda read: "Soviets finish second; Americans next to last in international race." We discussed how the headline was factual, but it did not reflect the truth. A little bit of truth makes a better lie. And the mainstream news media has been lying to you for decades. The lies are becoming so bold and slanted that we, as truth-seeking Christian Americans, must call for media reform.
CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and even FOX need to wake up to the difference between editorializing and news. They all interchange the two seamlessly. News should be unbiased and unreflective of the reporter's political viewpoint. The journalist's mission is to report the news without bias. Trouble is, these "journalists" have been taught by communists in our colleges and universities and they bring with them an inner bias that cannot be undone. They see the aforementioned race in terms of political right and wrong, and to them the American did finish next to last. It's all how you view the event. These "journalists" view their politics as right and just, so everyone who disagrees is a hater.
In my time covering politics, I would have been aghast if someone accused me of favoritism and bias. I took great measures to ensure that my stories reflected the unbiased truth. During the former "president's" last White House Correspondents Dinner, he described a free press as one that has the same goals as the White House, his administration, in particular. He said, "So I want to close my final White House Correspondents' Dinner by just saying thank you. I'm very proud of what you've done. It has been an honor and a privilege to work side by side with you to strengthen our democracy." He is describing a propaganda machine, not a "fourth estate" news media that held the administration accountable to the truth and the law. What he described is not a free press.
A free nation depends on a free media. But when the media crosses the line and becomes a mouthpiece for government, it is no longer free. Back to the story about the race-on inauguration day I watched as the mall from the Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial filled with people to hear President Donald Trump. During his speech the mall was full with a sea of people. Yet the media showed pictures of the mall before he began speaking while people were still gathering and tried to pass it off as a comparison to the crowds at the Planned Parenthood-Communist Party-sponsored women's march the next day. When called on it by Trump, the media cried that he didn't even give them a break on the first day. Then they published stories correcting Trump on his correction. It's the same concept as the Russian-American race headline.
If we do not have media reform as a nation, our freedoms are in jeopardy. Jesus said in John 8:32, "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." He said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes unto the Father but by me." As Christian Americans, we know the truth. We should demand it of our media. How? Quit watching these news channels; don't buy their papers; don't believe anything they report. Find news sources that report the truth, and make sure others are verifying their stories. Don't be dupes by falling for stories that are not true. Practice discernment. We as Christians elected this last President. Our job is not finished. Let's demand media reform.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
Thine Be the Glory
"He will swallow up death in victory." (Isaiah 25:8)
"He will swallow up death in victory." (Isaiah 25:8)
Thine is the glory, Risen, conqu'ring Son; Endless is the victory, Thou o'er death hast won; Angels in bright raiment Rolled the stone away, Kept the folded grave clothes Where Thy body lay.
Thine is the glory,
Risen conquering Son,
Endless is the victory,
Thou o'er death hast won.
Lo! Jesus meets us, Risen from the tomb; Lovingly He greets us, Scatters fear and gloom; Let the church with gladness, Hymns of triumph sing; For her Lord now liveth, Death hath lost its sting.
No more we doubt Thee, Glorious Prince of life; Life is naught without Thee; Aid us in our strife; Make us more than conquerors, Through Thy deathless love: Bring us safe through Jordan To Thy home above.
Please go here.
Sung by King's College Choir
About the Author:
Words: Edmond L. Budry, 1884
Music: George F. Handel, 1747
Signs and Wonders
Scientists Can't Explain Odd Behavior of Sharks Massing Off Israeli Coast, But Bible Can
"And it shall come to pass that fishers shall stand by it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; there shall be a place for the spreading of nets; their fish shall be after their kinds as the fish of the Great Sea exceeding many." (Ezekiel 47:10)
Dozens of sandbar and dusky sharks have appeared this week off the coast of the Israeli city of Hadera in a strange phenomenon that scientists are hard-pressed to explain - but the Bible may have an answer.
It is thought that the large group of sharks, called a frenzy, are attracted to the warm water output of the electric power plant in Hadera, but in a trend that experts do not fully understand, sharks are gathering in this spot in ever-increasing numbers each winter.
There many be another, simpler explanation: This could be the marine phenomenon described in Chapter 38 of Ezekiel that accompanies the war of Gog and Magog, ushering in Messiah.
"Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Yisrael; so that the fishes of the sea and the fowls of the heaven and the beasts of the field and all creeping things that creep upon the ground and all the men that are upon the face of the earth shall shake at My presence." (Ezekiel 38:20)
(Breaking Israel News) Read more.
The Good News Corner:
Trump Expected to Enact Ban on Syrian Refugees, Excluding Christians
President Donald Trump is expected to announce a ban this week that would block all refugees from Syria and six other Middle Eastern and African countries.
The temporary ban would block any refugees from entering the U.S., except religious minorities escaping persecution.
A second temporary ban would block visas from being issued to anyone from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, according to reports.
"From a legal standpoint, it would be exactly within his legal rights (to issue a ban)," said Stephen Legomsky, a professor at Washington University School of Law in St. Louis. "But from a policy standpoint, it would be terrible idea because there is such an urgent humanitarian need right now for refugees."
To block entry from the designated countries, Trump will likely direct the State Department to stop issuing visas to people from those nations. Then he would direct the U.S. Customs and Border Protection to stop any current visa holders from those countries from entering the U.S.
The ban would be temporary until a vetting process is in place. That would come after Trump's nominee for Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, is installed. (Christian Headlines) Read more.
Home Free - "How Great Thou Art"
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]