CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Watch for our Special Edition,
posted tomorrow, including special
reports for intercessors: both about
the inauguration and about the
Paris "peace talks" on Sunday.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."(Revelation 12:11 KJV)
Prayers for the Hearings
Prayers for the Hearings
Right now, the hearings for the vetting of the Cabinet Nominees by Donald Trump are beginning. Seven hearings have been scheduled for this week, with more to come.
Please pray as directed below. Thank you.
- That any spirit that has come to kill, steal, or destroy the person or persons who are being vetted for a Cabinet position become confused in their questioning.
- That their planned disapproval be silenced.
- That the Holy Spirit give the nominees a voice and words that cannot be refuted.
(Luke 21:15) "For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist."
- Lord, protect your people and fill their mouths with wisdom from above.
- That the Holy Spirit will support and send these nominations swiftly through the hearings to serve America.
- That there is a smooth transition of these two governments.
- That your protective covering continue to be over all of those who are in or connected with the coming administration.
- Bind the evil that permeates and comes to destruct and destroy this new government.
- Protect the life of Donald Trump.
Thank you greatly for your fervent prayers today and in the future. We are entering a time of great spiritual warfare. Keep your armor on and properly fitted.
> > > Today's Senate Committee Hearings
Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs: January 10, Full Committee, to hold hearings to examine the nomination of General John F. Kelly, USMC (Ret.), to be Secretary of Homeland Security, 3:30 p.m., SD-342.
Committee on the Judiciary: January 10, to hold hearings to examine the nomination of Jeff Sessions, of Alabama, to be Attorney General, Department of Justice, 9:30 a.m., SR-325.
> > > Tomorrow's Senate Committee Hearing:
January 11, Full Senate Judiciary Committee, to continue hearings to examine the nomination of Jeff Sessions, of Alabama, to be Attorney General, Department of Justice, 9:30 a.m., SR-325.
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation: January 11, to hold hearings to examine the nomination of Elaine L. Chao, to be Secretary of Transportation, 10:15 a.m., SR-253.
Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions: January 11, to hold hearings to examine the nomination of Betsy DeVos, of Michigan, to be Secretary of Education, 10 a.m., SD-430.
> > > Thursday's Senate Committee Hearings:
Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs: January 12, to hold hearings to examine the nomination of Benjamin Carson, of Michigan, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, 10 a.m., SD-538.
January 12, Full Committee, to hold hearings to examine the nomination of Wilbur L. Ross, Jr., to be Secretary of Commerce, 10 a.m., SR-253.
January 12, Full Committee, to hold hearings to examine the nomination of James N. Mattis, to be Secretary of Defense; to be immediately followed by a business meeting to consider legislation to provide for an exception to a limitation against appointment of persons as Secretary of Defense within seven years of relief from active duty as a regular commissioned officer of the Armed Forces, 9:30 a.m., SD-G50.
The Middle East in Focus
1. Thousands mourn at funerals for IDF soldiers killed in Jerusalem attack - Jerusalem Post
Soulful screams resounded in the chilly afternoon air on Monday as the body of Lt. Shir Hajaj, 22, was lowered into the grave in Jerusalem's Mount Herzl military cemetery.
"Your 'song' was too short," her older sister Bar said as she stood at makeshift wooden podium that had been set up near the grave. In a short lyrical eulogy, she continued to make a wordplay out of her sister's name, which in Hebrew means song. (Read more)
2. Hamas Celebrates ISIS-Related Truck-Ramming Terror Attack - Breaking Israel News
A truck-ramming attack that killed four Israeli soldiers in their early 20s and injured at least 16 people at a Jerusalem bus stop Sunday was likely carried out by a supporter of the Islamic State terror group, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.
"We know the identity of the attacker, and according to all the signs he is a supporter of Islamic State," Netanyahu said while visiting the scene of the attack, adding that the terrorist act was similar to truck-rammings in Europe such as in Nice and Berlin during the past year. (Read more)
3. Unknown Palestinian group claims Jerusalem terror attack, vows more to come - Times of Israel
A previously unknown Palestinian group calling itself "the martyr of Baha Alyan collective" has claimed responsibility for the deadly truck-ramming attack in Jerusalem on Sunday, in which four soldiers were killed and 17 more were injured.
The group took its name from a Palestinian terorist who, with an accomplice, killed three Israelis on a bus in Jerusalem in 2015. He was later killed by security forces.
In a press statement circulating online Monday, the group said Fadi al-Qunbar, the 28-year-old East Jerusalem terrorist who plowed his vehicle into a group of soldiers in the Armon Hanatziv neighborhood in the capital was part of their group. IDF Lieutenant Yael Yekutiel, IDF Cadet Shir Hajaj, IDF Cadet Erez Orbach and IDF Cadet Shira Tzur, who were murdered in the attack, were buried on Monday. (Read more)
4. Deputy FM: Terror attack is Palestinian response to Paris peace conference - Times of Israel
A terrorist truck-ramming in Jerusalem that left four soldiers dead was inspired by the upcoming Paris peace conference, Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely said Sunday, lashing out at the international community in the wake of the attack.
Hotovely, a hawk from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party, said the attack, in which an East Jerusalem man drove his truck into a group of soldiers, was proof the Palestinians were not interested in peace.
"The world has received a clear answer from the Palestinians to the peace conference coming up in Paris: More terror," Hotovely said. "I again call on the international community to demand an end to terror and the industry of education toward it." (Read more)
5. Bomb threats reported at Jewish centers across US, London schools - Times of Israel
Bomb threats have forced the evacuations of Jewish Community Centers in five states in the US and two schools in Britain, American media reports.
JCCs in cities in Florida, South Carolina, Maryland, Tennessee and Delaware were cleared out after a series of threats were made.
In London, police are investigating claims that explosives were placed next to two schools.
It was not immediately clear if there was a link between the threats.
6. Anti-IDF groups blocked from schools - Israel National News
The Cabinet approved the measure to counter the NGO "Breaking the Silence". (Read more)
7. Israel's Law Enforcement Gearing Up to Welcome Messiah - Breaking Israel News
Roni Alsheikh, the Israeli Commissioner of Police, announced last week that his department of law enforcement personnel is preparing for the arrival of the Messiah in a truly unique way. Alsheikh was filmed at a celebration held by Chabad Hasidim in his neighborhood of Givat Shmuel, not far from Tel Aviv, in honor of the 19th of the Hebrew month Kislev.
"We, the police, are very involved in strengthening the mitzvot (Bible commandments) between man and his fellow," announced Alsheikh at the gathering. "When the Messiah comes, everyone will want to [approach] him so it will get very crowded," predicted the commissioner. "That will be a time when we will have to be very strong in respecting our fellow."
In describing the very important role the Israeli police will play upon Messiah's arrival, Alsheikh said to the joyous Hasidim gathered, "Not only are we busy enforcing the law, we also try to enact preventative measures [regarding] how to strengthen mutual consideration for our fellow." (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Navy destroyer fires warning shots at Iranian vessels in Strait of Hormuz - Fox News
In the latest incident of high-seas tension between the U.S. and Iran, a Navy guided-missile destroyer fired a series of warning shots at four Iranian vessels after the Islamic Republic's boats closed in at a high rate of speed in the Strait of Hormuz, Fox News confirmed on Monday.
The USS Mahan tried to order the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard boats to stop via bridge-to-bridge radio communication, but the vessels didn't respond to the request, prompting the destroyer to fire three warning shots with a .50 caliber machine gun Sunday morning, a U.S. defense official said. After the shots were fired, the Iranian boats stopped the approach, Cmdr. Bill Urban, spokesman for U.S. Naval Forces Central Command, told Fox News. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for a hedge of Your protection over our Navy as Iran continues to intimidate at every turn. Our own government has emboldened them, so we pray for a way for You to take care of the bullying by Iranian leadership that does not know You. We ask that You send your Angelic warriors to stand for us against them.
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper." (Isaiah 54:17)
2. Is Europe Gearing Up For World War III? - IBT Times
Biggest Shipment Of US Armaments Since End Of Cold War Arrives In Germany Ahead Of NATO Exercise
U.S. troops began offloading some 2,800 pieces of equipment, including 87 tanks and 144 Bradley fighting vehicles, Sunday in the German port city of Bremerhaven ahead of planned NATO exercises at the end of January in Eastern Europe, just days after U.S. intelligence officials unveiled a report on Russian attempts to influence the U.S. presidential election.
Some military equipment arrived in the German port city of Bremerhaven Friday in the biggest shipment of U.S. military equipment to Europe since the end of the Cold War. The equipment next goes to training sites in Poland for NATO exercises. (Read more)
- Lord God, only You know "the story behind this story," but we cannot deny these facts. We ask that You protect all of our men and women in uniform who are working in this mission field. We pray in the Spirit over this news, and we leave the results upon Your altar, in Your name, amen.
- "So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding." (1 Corinthians 14:15)
3. Iran set to receive huge shipment of natural uranium from Russia amid lawmakers' concerns - Fox News
Iran is to receive a huge shipment of natural uranium from Russia to compensate it for exporting tons of reactor coolant, diplomats say, in a move approved by the outgoing U.S. administration and other governments seeking to keep Tehran committed to a landmark nuclear pact.
The transfer -- which the U.S. and five other world powers that negotiated the nuclear deal approved -- foresees delivery of nearly 130 tons of natural uranium in exchange for giving up tons of reactor coolant, two senior diplomats told The Associated Press. Any natural uranium sent to Iran would still be subject to strict surveillance under the nuclear deal, a senior U.S. official told Fox News.
The transfer needs U.N. Security Council approval but just as a formality, considering five of those powers are permanent Security Council members, the diplomats said. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that our leaders and those who are working in the intelligence agencies keep a sharp eye on all actions perpetrated by the nation of Iran. Lord, we ask that nothing would "slip through the cracks," but that all actions be brought to light and held accountable. In Your Name, amen.
- "Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
4. Sessions pledges to recuse himself from Clinton investigations - The Hill
Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) said Tuesday he would recuse himself from any possible investigations related to Hillary Clinton if he is confirmed as President-elect Donald Trump's attorney general.
Sessions said during a confirmation hearing the politically charged comments he made about the Clintons during the presidential campaign would give the appearance he is not impartial in potential probes of the private email server she used while secretary of State or of the Clinton Foundation.
"I do believe that that could place my objectivity in question," Sessions told Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). "I believe the proper thing for me to do would be for me to recuse myself." (Read more)
- Father God, we know Senator Sessions to be a man of great integrity, as this statement reveals. We thank You for the favor he will be shown by the Senate Judiciary Committee, even as all words spoken against him will be silenced. In Your name, amen.
- "When a man's ways please the LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." (Proverbs 16:7)
"But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God will glory in him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced." (Psalm 63:11)
5. Ryan: GOP's goal is to replace, repeal ObamaCare 'concurrently' - The Hill
Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said on Tuesday that some elements required to replace ObamaCare could be included in the earlier process to repeal the healthcare law.
Ryan, however, didn't identify specific elements or get into other details of how that process would work.
The Speaker's comments come as GOP leaders are facing enormous pressure from President-elect Donald Trump, centrist Republicans and conservatives in the House Freedom Caucus to tackle the repeal and replacement of ObamaCare simultaneously.
"It is our goal to bring it all together concurrently," Ryan told reporters after meeting with House Republicans behind closed doors.
"We're going to use every tool at our disposal through legislation, through regulation, to bring replace concurrent along with repeal, so that we can save people from this mess." (Read more)
- Father God, as the members of the House of Representatives begin to tackle the gargantuan task of undoing the damage of the past eight years, we lift them before Your Throne, praying for "all in authority." Grant them wisdom, dear Lord, as they work through these issues, and as they write laws and policies that will now bless our people rather than strangle us. We ask this in Your Name, amen.
- "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." (Psalm 32:8)
6. Painting Politics: Dems to rehang controversial 'pigs' picture on Capitol Hill - Fox
Democratic lawmakers are poised to revive tensions with the law enforcement community as they prepare to rehang a controversial painting on Capitol Hill that angered police with its depiction of officers as pigs -- after Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter personally took down the picture last week.
A press release from the Congressional Black Caucus and Rep. Lacy Clay, D-Mo., whose office for months had sponsored the display of the student artwork, announced that Clay and CBC members will "rehang" the piece Tuesday morning in the Cannon Tunnel.
Clay also told the Washington Post he wants the Capitol Police to press theft charges against Hunter for removing the artwork Friday. (Read more)
- Father, this painting had no business being placed in the Capitol in the first place- not just disrespectful, but advocating violence toward police. This partisan fight is shameful to our nation. We pray for You to change the minds of people to see truth.
- "Fill their faces with shame, that they may see Your Name, O Lord." (Psalm 83:16)
7. Franklin Graham Criticizes VA Gov. for Saying He Will Veto 20-Week Abortion Ban - Christian Headlines
The Rev. Franklin Graham condemned Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's vow to veto a bill banning abortions after 20-weeks.
After Virginia legislators proposed the 20-week abortion ban bill, McAuliffe responded by saying, "I can't sit back and have that sitting out the same time I am traveling the globe recruiting businesses to Virginia. If there's something that would be damaging toward business, and to our image around the country and the globe, I'll veto it, you bet I will."
On Facebook, Graham called McAuliffe out for caring more about money and reputation than about the lives of babies.
"Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe says he will veto legislation banning abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy because he says such a 'socially divisive' proposal hurts the state's image. Wow. When we are worried more about our state image and making money than about protecting the lives of babies in their mothers' wombs, it's obvious we have a big problem. Do some people really not understand what abortion is?" Graham wrote, as quoted by LifeNews.com. Many in the pro-life movement have been emboldened after the election of Donald Trump who has said he will work to defund Planned Parenthood and to implement a late-term abortion ban. (Read more)
- Lord, only You are the Savior who can change the abortion situation, not Donald Trump. We thank you for the courage of Rev Franklin Graham to speak out against this Democrat Governor. We take authority over the spirits that run Terry McAuliffe and bind them up tightly. We loose Your Spirit over him to change his heart and mind.
- "For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7b)
8. ALERT!! Jewish Centers Report Bomb Threats in Several U.S. States - Reuters/JPost
Jewish Community centers in several US states were evacuated on Monday after they reported receiving bomb threats, according to the organizations' social media accounts and local media reports. No attacks or injuries were immediately reported.
Kaplen JCC in the New York City suburb of Tenafly, New Jersey, said on its Facebook page that it received a bomb threat in the afternoon and had reopened as of 2:00 p.m. (1900 GMT). The police have completed a thorough sweep of the JCC and have deemed the threat not credible and the building safe," the center said.
Bender JCC of Greater Washington in Rockville, Maryland, said it had also reopened after receiving a threat and being swept checked by local authorities. "The building was inspected and found to be all clear," it said.
Other centers that received threats included ones in Miami Beach, Florida; . . . Jacksonville, Florida; Columbia, South Carolina; and Nashville, Tennessee, according to local media reports. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray once again for Your protection over Your people worldwide. We are thankful that these threats turned out to be hoaxes, but the next time might not be the case.
- "I will say of the Lord,'He is my refuge and my fortress; My God in Him I will trust." (Psalm 91:2)
9. Manhunt grips Orlando as police search for suspect in officer's shooting death - Fox News
An "armed and dangerous" murder suspect wanted in a shooting that killed a police officer outside a Walmart in Orlando was on the loose, officials warned, saying their intense manhunt would not end until they found the gunman.
The suspect, identified as Markeith Loyd, was accused of murdering his pregnant ex-girlfriend last month, Fox 35 reported, adding that police had never caught him. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray that You will bring justice to this killer swiftly. Please help the police find him so that no more death will occur by his hand. We pray Your comfort to the hearts of the families who are grieving today.
- "For the Lord is a God of Justice;" (Isaiah 30:18a)
10. California, Nevada Braces For More Flooding, Blizzard Conditions - Weather Channel
The bad news just keeps coming Tuesday in California and Nevada after days of heavy rainfall swamped parts of both states, killing at least four people. For the first time in nine years, the Lake Tahoe area has been issued blizzard warnings, with accumulating snow expected to top five to 10 feet in upper elevations and up to three feet at lower levels.
Winds are expected to top 80 mph along US-395, according to the National Weather Service, while winds in the the Sierra ridge could exceed 150 mph at times on Tuesday.
Parts of Northern California were swamped by more than a foot of rain over a 72-hour period that ended early Monday, forcing hundreds of people to evacuate. Thousands were left without power, reports the Associated Press.
"People need to avoid traveling if at all possible," said Scott McGuire of the National Weather Service. (Read more)
- Lord, we ask for Your help in this time of trouble for the people of these regions. We pray for a move of Your Spirit to bring their hearts and minds to You, and we ask for specific help in the natural. In the long run, this may greatly help California and Nevada's drought conditions, but now is creating havoc.
- "The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken." (Isaiah 40:5)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Monday, January 9, 2017
The playbook against Trump
While the anarchists and communists are lining up to protest the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump, their counterparts in the US Senate are gearing up to undermine Trump's first cabinet nominee. Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions is nominated for Attorney General and the communists in the Senate don't like him because he has been a big proponent of border security and tight enforcement of immigration laws. They are going to throw everything, even the kitchen sink, at this man, calling him a racist, a bigot, a xenophobe and implying that he is akin to some of the worst men in history. Let's set the record straight: Jeff Sessions is a Christian, a man of great integrity, a compassionate countryman.
All that is not going to matter to the Democratic Party wolves who will come after one of the most honorable men in the Senate. Sessions, as they see it, is a threat to the globalist Marxist agenda because they believe he will shut down the US borders to illegal entry, enforce immigration laws, and generally reverse the anarchist and racially-charged policies of the past eight years. The progressives (translated communists) believe they were well on the way to remaking America into a Marxist Islamic state. The Trump victory got in the way of that, and Sessions becoming a pivotal hub in the control of law will put the US on the sidelines for years to come in the global struggle for Marxist hegemony.
The soft spoken, studious, honorable, congenial Jeff Sessions is exactly what America needs to counter the globalist evils knocking at our door-or quite frankly, waiting with a battering ram to put the finishing touches on destroying our rule of law. Sessions is well aware of the Islamic threat to this country. He acknowledges the laws already on the books that should be enforced, not only in this time of roughshod illegal immigration and placement of refugees in name only from terrorist sponsoring states in our most conservative communities, but the laws that were selectively not enforced by the lame duck "president" and his puppet Attorney General.
The true haters in the Senate and the full complement of special interest groups who accuse others of being exactly what the special interests themselves are will be coming after Sessions. The news media will accuse Sessions of racism and bigotry. It will look bad for Sessions. This is a forerunner to the rest of the nomination fights, including those for the Supreme Court. This is a time when we as Christians need to pray and act. We can start by praying for Trump and Jeff Sessions, and when the debate starts, by flooding Senators' offices with phone calls day and night. We must stand. As the Apostle Paul writes in Ephesians 6:18, "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplications for all saints." Sessions is one of us, let's speak boldly on his behalf.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Foundations are important
1963 was a magical year for me. My dad had bought a new stake-bed International pick-up truck in the fall of 1962 and spent the winter building a camper for it--2X4's and plywood, cabinets and a sink from an old camping trailer, outdoor carpet, windows from a mobile home, two-tone white and aqua paint on the outside. By May, we were ready to start our trip West with the McCarthy's-Warren, Sue, Bill, and Kathleen. Warren was a bit more particular. He bought his camper. It was pretty sleek in comparison. I was 8 years old, going into second grade. Bill and Kathleen were several years older than me. But they treated me like a little brother. Our families toured all the states West of the Mississippi that summer.
We saw America as it was during a time when things weren't quite so complicated. There were a lot of stories and a lot of pictures that came from that trip. I remember looking out over the Grand Canyon and my mother was really concerned that I would fall off one of the cliffs as back in that time, there were no fences to keep you from just walking off the edge. I guess the people in charge thought you would have enough common sense not to do that. At Yellowstone, we walked across the small pools of boiling "pots", little geysers and some other dangerous looking pools. There were no sidewalks or handrails. We walked across these dangerous pits on 2X8 planks with the ends layered on top of one another.
A lot of funny things happened. Warren, a World War II hero of Normandy, was an avid photographer. One time bears trapped him in his camper while he was changing film. It says not to feed the bears, but those bears cleaned us both out of our scraps before they finally left and Warren could get back in the truck. Another time, he saw a moose he wanted to photograph. Now Warren was about 6'6" tall. He started across that swamp eyeing up the moose in his Nikon camera. All of a sudden he was about 4'7". He had fallen in a deep marshy soft spot up to his waist. But he got the picture! On July 4, we had a snowball fight in our T-shirts at Glacier Park. We saw a rodeo in Cody; Buffalo in Montana; Ghost towns in New Mexico and Arizona.
One of the coolest wonders of nature I remember was the giant sequoias-the biggest trees I had ever seen. There was one tree so big that a tunnel was carved through its center and cars could drive through it. A lot of great memories and history remain with me from that trip. 'Sad to report that the "Tunnel Tree" was toppled by high winds and rains this week. The tree's foundation could no longer support it. Let us pray that this magnificent centuries-old sequoia is not symbolic of our nation. Let us seek to strengthen our foundation in Christ that our families, our communities and nation would be once again strong. As Isaiah 28:16 says, "I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation: he that has faith will not rush here and there (shall be steadfast)."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Praying for America's Leaders
Praying for America's Leaders
To view this week's leaders, targeted for prayer by Intercessors for America,
please go here.
Inauguration Prayer Watch
Inauguration Prayer Watch
FBI, Secret Service plan 360-degree security for inauguration
WASHINGTON - On a bone-chilling Monday morning, agents and technical specialists from the Washington Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation huddled and shifted from foot to foot.
They were trying to stay warm in near zero-degree weather as they prepared to demonstrate to the media a half-dozen reasons anyone or any organization planning to attack the 2016 inaugural should think twice.
Rhetoric from hostile nation-states, active threats on social media and angry protesters are just part of what authorities are preparing for.
Six units including the Hazardous Evidence Response Team, Special Agent Bomb Technicians, the Operational Medicine Team, the Evidence Response Team, the Crisis Negotiations Team and the Special Weapons and Tactics team gave detailed explanations about their capabilities.
The objective of the presentation, according to Dave Sundberg, special agent in charge of the field office, was to illustrate to the media they are ready for whatever comes their way on Jan. 20th and "to show informally what each of these teams does both every day and in support of the national special security event." (WTOP News) Read more.
- Father, we thank You for the hundreds of security personnel who will be guarding all inaugural events here next week when Donald Trump is installed as the 45th President of the United States of America. We call forth the two-thirds of the heavenly host who worship and who serve You, and ask that they, too, be placed on "active duty" for our safekeeping.
Thank You, Holy One, for hearing our prayers, amen.
- "Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.
Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will."
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
HAIL THE DAY THAT SEES HIM RISE
"After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was taken up into heaven, and He sat at the right hand of God." (Mark 16:19)
Hail the day that sees Him rise, Alleluia! To His throne above the skies, Alleluia! Christ, awhile to mortals given, Alleluia! Reascends His native heaven, Alleluia!
There the glorious triumph waits, Alleluia! Lift your heads, eternal gates, Alleluia! Christ hath conquered death and sin, Alleluia! Take the King of glory in, Alleluia!
Circled round with angel powers, Alleluia! Their triumphant Lord, and ours, Alleluia! Conqueror over death and sin, Alleluia! "Take the King of glory in! Alleluia!"
Him though highest Heav'n receives, Alleluia! Still He loves the earth He leaves, Alleluia! Though returning to His throne, Alleluia! Still He calls mankind His own, Alleluia!
See! He lifts His hands above, Alleluia! See! He shows the prints of love, Alleluia! Hark! His gracious lips bestow, Alleluia! Blessings on His church below, Alleluia!
Still for us His death He pleads, Alleluia! Prevalent He intercedes, Alleluia! Near Himself prepares our place, Alleluia! Harbinger of human race, Alleluia!
Master, (will we ever say), Alleluia! Taken from our head to day, Alleluia! See Thy faithful servants, see, Alleluia! Ever gazing up to Thee, Alleluia!
Grant, though parted from our sight, Alleluia! Far above yon azure height, Alleluia! Grant our hearts may thither rise, Alleluia! Seeking Thee beyond the skies, Alleluia!
Ever upward let us move, Alleluia! Wafted on the wings of love, Alleluia! Looking when our Lord shall come, Alleluia! Longing, gasping after home, Alleluia!
There we shall with Thee remain, Alleluia! Partners of Thy endless reign, Alleluia! There Thy face unclouded see, Alleluia! Find our heaven of heavens in Thee, Alleluia!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Charles Wesley, 1742.
Music: Robert Williams, 1817.
Signs and Wonders
The White House reveals its plan to deal with a doomsday asteroid
- The US government has released a detailed plan for defending from asteroids
- Document says the country's capabilities for defence are 'currently lacking'
- It outlines seven main goals for officials to work towards, to help prepare
- An asteroid or meteor could hit our planet with little or no warning, and cause disastrous consequences
(Source: UK Daily Mail)
Read full article here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
"Blessed Be The Name Of The Lord"
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer:
Two other prayer ministries to note --
24/7 Prayer Continues!
You are welcome to join the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call!
> > > The 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call is taking place for 70 Days leading up to the Jan 20, 2017 Presidential Inauguration in DC.
Numerous ministries are participating. Join in any time, day or night in this continuous stream of intercession:
Our good friend, Dai Sup Han, raised up PrayerSurgeNow at the leading of our Lord, nine years ago. Ever since then, "PSN" has hosted weekly conference calls every Saturday morning from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. EST, with speakers who provide briefings to the Body of Christ of different topics needing prayer.
PSN also offers other opportunities now, throughout the week each week, to join with other seasoned intercessors in releasing targeted prayers for our nation.
For news of PSN's weekly agendas, please visit their website by going to: prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.