CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, January 11, 2017
This Special Edition of the Daily Brief includes 5 special invitations. The first is an opportunity to participate in a global prayer call on Sunday during the Paris "peace" talks.
The remaining invitations each describe an opportunity to participate in inaugural activities both here in Washington and in your own home. WELCOME!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . . Under the Cross of Christ"
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."(Revelation 12:11 KJV)
Inaugural Prayer Watch
You can expect congestion, delays and detours on Inauguration Day.
- Best way to get to Inaugural events: take public transportation (expanded service), bike or walk.
- No long term parking in Arlington. Be sure to plan ahead.
Inauguration Day requires the modification of several traffic patterns and major routes. Plan accordingly by viewing all of the changes.
Advice for the Day
1. Be prepared for congestion, delays and detours.
2. Heavy volume is expected on roads, bridges and highways across the region.
3. If you must drive, be sure to have a full tank of gas before you leave, or you may become stranded while waiting in traffic.
(Read more here.)
Abba Father God, we ask You to please keep everyone safe and sound on Installation Day in Washington, D.C. We come against all devious plots and schemes of the evil one that would hinder or obstruct the Inaugural Ceremony at noon on January 20th, 2017. Thank You, Father, for hearing our prayer today, in Your name, amen.
SCRIPTURE TO DECREE:
"Therefore this is what the LORD says concerning the king of Assyria: 'e will not enter this city or shoot an arrow here. He will not come before it with shield or build a siege ramp against it.'" (Isaiah 37:33)
The Middle East in Focus
1. Paris conference to ask Israel and PA to commit to two states - Israel National News
The countries that will attend the Middle East peace conference in Paris on Sunday are expected to call on Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas to publicly renew their commitment to the two-state solution, and to renounce officials in their respective governments who oppose it, Haaretz reported on Monday.
The clause is contained in an updated draft of the conference's summary statement, a copy of which was obtained by the newspaper.
The Paris conference, scheduled for January 15, is part of France's initiative to relaunch the Israel-PA peace talks which have been stalled since 2014.
- Father God, we lift up this conference to You in prayer. We pray for the protection of Israel. We pray for each country's' representative and ask that You move in their hearts and minds to protect Israel. We ask that nothing is allowed to happen outside of Your perfect will. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. Israel Cuts $6 Million to UN in Response to Shameful Resolution - Breaking Israel News
Israel announced Friday that in an "act of protest," it will suspend about $6 million in funding to the United Nations in protest of the recent U.N. Security Council vote that condemned Israeli settlements.
The Israeli government explained that the decrease in the country's $40 million in total funding for the U.N. symbolically represents a cut to the portion of the U.N. budget that is allocated to anti-Israel bodies, including The Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People; The Division for Palestinian Rights; The Work of the Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices; and the Special Information Programme on the Question of Palestine of the U.N. Department of Public Information.
- Heavenly Father, we pray blessings upon Israel for standing up against the UN. We pray that our leaders would do the same. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Israeli advocacy group sues Twitter over ISIS propaganda - Israel Hayom
An Israeli advocacy group has filed a lawsuit against social media giant Twitter for allowing Islamic State propaganda to flourish on its platform.
The Shurat Hadin Israeli Law Center filed the suit with the Federal Court for the Southern District of New York, arguing that Islamic State uses Twitter to recruit operatives, disseminate jihadi propaganda and promote terrorist attacks, such as the Brussels airport bombing in March 2016 and the November 2015 Paris attacks, which together claimed nearly 200 lives and left hundreds of people wounded.
"This is the first lawsuit that details how Twitter has played a key role in making Islamic State the most formidable terrorist organization in the world today, and how Islamic State uniquely used Twitter in the context of two of the most serious attacks to take place in Europe recently," Shurat Hadin Chairwoman attorney Nitsana Darshan-Leitner explained Monday.
4. Pope Francis and Abbas to meet at the Vatican - Israel National News
Pope Francis will grant Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas an audience at the Vatican on Saturday, the Holy See confirmed on Tuesday, according to AFP.
It will be the third time that the Pope has met Abbas following an encounter during the pontiff's 2014 trip to the Holy Land and the Abba's 2015 visit to the Vatican to attend a canonization ceremony for two Palestinian nuns, noted AFP.
5. The cleric who legitimized suicide attacks against Israel has reversed his ruling. Hamas isn't listening - Times of Israel
The relentless suicide bombing campaign of Hamas during the Second Intifada (2000-2005), which killed hundreds of Israeli civilians, enjoyed a degree of mainstream Muslim legitimacy thanks to Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the highest Sharia authority for the Muslim Brotherhood and one of the Arab world's most well-known scholars.
Qaradawi famously permitted suicide attacks solely against Israelis, while publicly denouncing the September 11, 2001, attacks in the United States.
But in November, the Egyptian cleric publicly declared suicide attacks, even against Israelis, were no longer allowed. Explaining the reversal, he said the Palestinians had obtained "other capabilities" to defend themselves - a reference to Hamas's rocket arsenals, used against Israel to devastating effect in recent rounds of conflict.
6. Insight for Intercessors: Weekly Update
To read this update, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Kerry to attend Mideast peace conference in Paris - Times of Israel
US Secretary of State John Kerry will attend a Middle East peace conference in Paris on Sunday, in a move likely to dismay an already angry Israel.
Neither Israel nor the Palestinian leadership will attend the talks, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said the meeting will only widen the gaps between Israel and the Palestinians.
Just weeks after the UN Security Council voted to condemn Israeli settlement building, the talks are meant to underline global support for a two-state peace deal. (Read more)
- Father God, we ask for Your mercy to be upon us, even as our leaders are going astray. We stand in the gap for our nation, and we thank You that You will fight for Israel, when the time comes. We repent that the Secretary of State is taking this action, and we ask forgiveness in Your name, amen.
- "It will come about at that time that I will make Jerusalem a heavy weight; so everyone who burdens themselves with it will be crushed, even though all of the nations of the earth gather themselves against it." (Zech. 12:3)
2. In Paris, Further Maneuvers Against Israel Indicate Obama "Has Gone Rogue" - Jerusalem Journal
In a video interview posted yesterday by the Wall Street Journal, Anne Bayefsky was asked what further steps the UN might take against Israel in the aftermath of upcoming talks in Paris Middle East Peace conference that starts in five days, on 15 January.
Bayefsky is Director of the Touro Institute on Human Rights and the Holocaust. She is also a regular analyst on major media networks in the US and Canada.
According to Bayefsky, the Paris talks are all about Barack Obama who, behind the scenes, has engineered the confab. "The situation," she says, "is that the President of the United States has gone rogue." What she means is that, "essentially, he is upending the transition of power" to US President-elect Donald J. Trump. (Read more)
- Father God, we come against the spirit of the usurper, who would try to push its own agenda illegally. We bind its power, and we release the Word of God, which is the Law of God, to prevail in this instance, in Your name. We ask you to forgive Barack Hussein Obama for his increasingly desperate actions in the last minutes of his term of office, in Your name, amen.
- "Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 18:18)
3. Sessions decries 'caricature' of him at AG hearing, vows recusal on Clinton matters - Fox News
Attorney general nominee Jeff Sessions and his allies, at the first confirmation hearing for President-elect Donald Trump's Cabinet picks, mounted a full-scale response Tuesday to what they described as "character" attacks against him - decrying "false charges" about his past while offering assurances that if confirmed he would uphold and enforce the law. (Read more)
- Father God, we lift up this honorable man to You. Give him favor and success. Be his Shield; help him conduct himself professionally in the face of all these false charges against him. In Your Name, amen.
- "He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones." (Proverbs 2:7-8)
4. Trump to Republicans: Act swiftly to replace Obamacare - Reuters
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday pressured fellow Republicans working to repeal Obamacare in Congress to pass a replacement for the healthcare law at the same time or soon after they vote to dismantle it.
Trump told the New York Times he wanted a substitute for President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law done "very quickly or simultaneously" to the vote to get rid of it. (Read more)
- Father, we pray the Republican leadership will heed this advice, moving quickly and decisively to remove this burden from our people.
- "Deliver me, my God, from the power of the wicked, from the grasp of the unjust and oppressive." (Psalm 71:4)
5. John Fund: Sneaky feds plot to grab state election power - WND
The Obama administration is using the intelligence reports of Russian hacking influencing the 2016 campaign as the premise for asserting more power over the states in running elections, but a top election fraud expert says federal involvement would make elections more vulnerable to mischief and is really just a way to insert the federal government where it doesn't belong. (Read more)
- Father of justice, we pray for Your protection over our electoral process. May all efforts to defraud, control or manipulate the votes of the people come to nothing.
- "For the company of the godless is barren, and fire consumes the tents of bribery (wrong and injustice). They conceive mischief and bring forth wickedness, and their inmost soul prepares deceit and fraud." (Job 15:34-35)
6. Transgender Case Goes to Supreme Court - Liberty Counsel
Today Liberty Counsel filed an amicus brief at the U.S. Supreme Court on behalf of the Gloucester County School Board in Virginia on the so-called transgender bathroom decision in G.G. v. Gloucester County School Board. This is the first time that the Court has addressed the question of whether laws protecting against sex discrimination in education are applicable to "gender identity." (Read more)
- Father, we agree with Your Word and proclaim it over those with gender identity issues. You made us in Your image, male and female as a blessing to us.
- "When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God. He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them "Mankind" when they were created." (Genesis 5:1b-2)
7. Va. Governor Issues Executive Order Allowing Only Pro-LGBT Groups to Receive State Contracts - The Christian Post
Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe has signed an executive order barring the state from giving contracts to businesses that do not have antidiscrimination policies regarding sexual orientation and gender identity.
Governor McAuliffe signed Executive Order 61 last Thursday at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, with it taking immediate effect. (Read more)
- Father, this action is discriminatory - towards those who love You and Your Word. We pray all those doing business with the State of Virginia would be protected from this Executive Order.
- "The one who lives with integrity will be helped, but one who distorts right and wrong will suddenly fall." (Proverbs 28:18)
8. Taiwan scrambles jets, navy as China aircraft carrier enters Taiwan Strait - Reuters
Taiwan scrambled jets and navy ships on Wednesday as a group of Chinese warships, led by its sole aircraft carrier, sailed through the Taiwan Strait, the latest sign of heightened tension between Beijing and the self-ruled island. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for reduced tensions between Taiwan and China. Give the leaders of these nations wisdom and prudence.
- "Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice." (Proverbs 13:10)
9. NHS rejects claims of 'humanitarian crisis' in England's hospitals - BBC
In Venezuela, food has become so scarce it's now being sold on the black market. One person tells the Associated Press, "it's a better business than drugs." And the food traffickers are the very people sworn to protect Venezuela: the nation's military.
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro gave the military complete control of the food supply last summer, after people began protesting in the streets over food rationing. Shortages had become so bad that people were even ransacking grocers - though many were largely empty.
These days, hunger remains widespread. But if you venture into the black markets, you'll find foods that aren't available in the state-run supermarkets, "where people would prefer to shop because it's a lot cheaper," says Joshua Goodman, the AP's news director for the Andes. He was part of the AP team that investigated the food trafficking situation. (Read more)
- Father, the people of Venezuela have nothing to eat. The lines to get even bread are long and frustrating. They have protested, marched, and done everything, to no avail. We pray for Your intervention in their lives, and a fresh move of Your Spirit to let them know that You are real. Let all corruption cease, and let their "leadership" be removed.
- "Who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord gives freedom to the prisoners." (Psalm 146:7)
10. The Favorite Bible Verses of 88 Nations - Christianity Today
Zechariah 14:9 doesn't show up often on lists of favorite Bible verses. "The Lord will be king over the whole earth," it reads in the New International Version of the Bible. "On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name."
But last year, these words of Zechariah showed up as the top verse on YouVersion with the most highlights, bookmarks, and shares in two countries with little else in common. People in both Israel and Afghanistan engaged most with it-and so did those in France, Finland, Sweden, Guadeloupe, Belgium, Martinique, and Cyprus.
Overall, the world's favorite Bible verse in 2016 was Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You people all over the world are seeking out Your Truth. We pray they would find and accept the embodiment of Truth, our Lord Jesus Christ.
- "The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name." (Zech. 14:9)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, January 11, 2017
Last speech, shadow government ahead
Breaking with tradition of a president giving his farewell speech from the White House, the outgoing occupant of the Oval Office used the symbol of his eight years in office as a backdrop-Chicago, replete with the highest murder rate in the country amid the strictest gun prohibitions, and quite possibly among the worst local economies in America. His speech was over 51 minutes--longer than the farewell speeches of Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and George W Bush combined, and he referred to himself some 75 times. What he went on to say in this speech is about as incredulous as one could imagine, but its his story and he is sticking to it, damn the truth.
He said, "If I had told you eight years ago that America would reverse a great recession, reboot our auto industry, and unleash the longest stretch of job creation in our history - if I had told you that we would open up a new chapter with the Cuban people, shut down Iran's nuclear weapons program without firing a shot, take out the mastermind of 9-11 - if I had told you that we would win marriage equality and secure the right to health insurance for another 20 million of our fellow citizens - if I had told you all that, you might have said our sights were set a little too high." Applying some truth-45 million on government assistance; over 14 million left the workforce; his deal gave Iran nuclear capability; socialist healthcare is an abject failure; and he did more to destroy marriage and Christianity than all other presidents combined.
He outlined what "we" are going to have to do in the future-a new social contract to make sure our kids get a free education; update the social safety net to reflect the way we live now; update the tax code so corporations and individuals "don't avoid their obligations to the country that has made their very success possible"; unionizing all workers for better wages. Sound like a shadow government in the making? He also defined what "citizens" should do to bring about change and affirmed, "I won't stop; in fact, I will be right there with you, as a citizen, for all my remaining days." Then he went on to lead his chant, "Yes, we can. Yes, we did. Yes, we can." This leaves the impression of his plans for the future-can, did, can, again.
He went on to reveal the world according to him: "Because of the extraordinary courage of our men and women in uniform. Because of our intelligence officers and law enforcement and diplomats who support our troops, no foreign terrorist organization has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland these past eight years." I guess the last 8 attacks by Muslims, some claimed by the Islamic State, were just workplace violence. Ephesians 5:6 says, "Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience." His deception, America's disobedience by believing him instead of God's word, has and will bring wrath upon us. He says "good bye." Many say "good riddance." We all should pray that God have mercy on our nation.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Special Invitation #1
> > > We invite your participation in a strategic intervention as we intercede and stand with Israel at this critical time during the Paris "peace" talks. The purpose of the talks will be to determine a "two-state" solution to "peace" in Israel, i.e. making Palestine a recognized state. The talks are a critical issue setting the stage for an end-time alignment of nations. We have sensed this year will be a year of great shaking but also of demonstrations of the holiness of God and the fear of the Lord. The handling of Israel will be core to the shaking.
Please save the date. We invite you to take part in this strategic intervention for Israel and the nations in this critical time.
- Please make a note of the 12-hour time frame for your time zone/city/nation
- An international team of facilitators will facilitate the twelve hours of prayer/worship.
- Each hour will be ascribed to one of the tribes of Israel, its biblical and prophetic import.
"I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; They shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, and give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth." (Isaiah 62:6-7)
Fred and Sue Rowe
co-founders of the USA and Global Watch
Transform World Celebration Challenge facilitators,
"Trumpet Call to Nations" USA
> > > Additional information is available here.
Special Invitation #2
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners has been co-laboring with Intercessors for America to set in place a Jericho March around the White House for six days, beginning next Saturday, January 14th. On the seventh day, there will be a nationwide SHOUT when the walls of the White House prophetically "come down" and God's people will capture the city once again.
We are blessed and honored to serve our Lord by preparing the way for a wonderful inauguration of our new "king" next week.
Sara Ballenger, Founder and President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
A Message from Dave Kubal, President/CEO
Intercessors for America
We sit upon a wonderful opportunity that the Lord has given us through this past election season. Now we must take advantage of that opportunity by battling in the spiritual realm to attain the victories He has for us. This is not unlike the days of young Israel when they sought to occupy the land that the Lord had given them. They approached the walled, battle-hardened city of Jericho, and then the Lord gave the battle strategy:
Then the Lord said to Joshua, "See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams' horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets. When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have the whole army give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the army will go up, everyone straight in." (Joshua 6:2−5, NIV).
The strategy was simple:
1. March for six days blowing the signaling trumpet to announce the Presence of God.
2. Shout to the enemy on the seventh day, allowing the Presence of God to break down the walls.
1. THE MARCH
January 14-19 - Teams of intercessors will be prayer walking (marching) around the US Capitol and the White House complex declaring the coming presence of our Lord and destruction of the walls of protection around those oppose Him. Those not able to be in DC during these times may do the same during their prayer times.
2. THE NATIONAL SHOUT!
January 20 - As President Trump finishes his oath of office, at the moment of the transition of power, all intercessors are instructed to shout to the Lord with faith and expectation that the spiritual walls will be destroyed at that moment. For those not in DC, please do this wherever you are and consider joining thousands across this nation by dialing 712-432-0075 then enter the code 1412452#. The call will start at the beginning of the Inauguration Ceremony.
Those of us who have joined our hearts and prayers together on the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call are watching, waiting and praying...in joyful expectation...as we move toward that GLORIOUS DAY, January 20 th , the Inauguration of Donald J. Trump as the 45 th President of the United States of America. We will be installing a new temporal leader, but our primary focus is on the establishing of a new C oven ant with our LORD and KING, our BRIDEGROOM, Jesus Christ as we WELCOME HIM into our Nation!
Your 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call Administration Team
Dallas Eggemeyer; Lightbearers International
Ioan Peia; international Prayer Council - Eastern Europe Coordinator
Maureen Bravo; Liberty Prayer Network
Greater New Hope Baptist Church
816 8th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Join thousands of others in a national conference call to raise a SHOUT OF VICTORY at the end of our Jericho March next week.
Time: At the end of the swearing-in of the new President
Conference Number: 712-432-0075
Access code: 1412452#
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Sunday, January 8 - Saturday, January 14, 2017
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
JESUS SHALL REIGN
"He will rule from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth." (Psalm 72:8)
Jesus shall reign where'er the sun Does his successive journeys run; His kingdom stretch from shore to shore, Till moons shall wax and wane no more.
Behold the islands with their kings, And Europe her best tribute brings; From north to south the princes meet, To pay their homage at His feet.
There Persia, glorious to behold, There India shines in eastern gold; And barb'rous nations at His word Submit, and bow, and own their Lord.
People and realms of every tongue Dwell on His love with sweetest song; And infant voices shall proclaim Their early blessings on His Name.
Blessings abound wherever He reigns; The prisoner leaps to lose his chains; The weary find eternal rest, And all the sons of want are blessed.
Let every creature rise and bring Peculiar honors to our King; Angels descend with songs again, And earth repeat the loud amen!
Great God, whose universal sway The known and unknown worlds obey, Now give the kingdom to Thy Son, Extend His power, exalt His throne.
With power He vindicates the just, And treads th'oppressor in the dust: His worship and His fear shall last Till hours, and years, and time be past.
As rain on meadows newly mown, So shall He send his influence down: His grace on fainting souls distills, Like heav'nly dew on thirsty hills.
The saints shall flourish in His days, Dressed in the robes of joy and praise; Peace, like a river, from His throne Shall flow to nations yet unknown.
About the Author:
Words: Isaac Watts, 1719
Music: John Hatton, 1793
Please go here.
Signs and Wonders
Scientists Predict Star Collision Visible To The Naked Eye In 2022
Scientists predict that a pair of stars in the constellation Cygnus will collide in 2022, give or take a year, creating an explosion in the night sky so bright that it will be visible to the naked eye.
If it happens, it would be the first time such an event was predicted by scientists.
Calvin College professor Larry Molnar and his team said in a statement that two stars are orbiting each other now and "share a common atmosphere, like two peanuts sharing a single shell."
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
'Our Daughter's Heart Stopped, Then Jesus Walked In' . . .
Especially if you are in need of a dose of strong faith today, watch this video, it will amaze you and draw you near to the Giver of Life; Jesus. -Aimee Herd, BCN.
[Charisma News] Nathaniel and Hayley Oliveri were overwhelmed with joy when they discovered they were expecting their first child: a girl, Gabriella.
Hayley's top prayer was for a peaceful birth, and shortly thereafter, Gabriella entered the world.
"The first half an hour was the most incredible half an hour in my life," Hayley says.
But after those 30 minutes, Gabriella's breath sped up. "It kept getting worse and worse," Hayley says.
Then, Gabriella's heart stopped...
"All To Jesus I Surrender"
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer:
Two other prayer ministries to note --
24/7 Prayer Continues!
You are welcome to join the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call!
> > > The 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call is taking place for 70 Days leading up to the Jan 20, 2017 Presidential Inauguration in DC.
Numerous ministries are participating. Join in any time, day or night in this continuous stream of intercession: