CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, January 9, 2017
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, January 9, 2017
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."(Revelation 12:11 KJV)
Inauguration Prayer Watch
Inauguration Prayer Watch:
For this is what the LORD told me: "Go post a lookout. Have him report what he sees."
. . . One prayer point each day, until January 19th, 2016.
Anarchists threaten to disrupt Trump inauguration, police say ready
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Anarchist groups have threatened to shut down Republican Donald Trump's swearing-in as U.S. president, but police in Washington said on Friday they believe the thousands of security officers assigned to the event will be able to head off any disruption.
Dozens of activist groups plan to protest the Jan. 20 inauguration of the New York real estate developer, whose supporters are counting on him to fulfill a host of controversial campaign promises including building a wall on the Mexican border and deporting millions of illegal immigrants.
Police expect some 900,000 people to flood Washington for the inauguration ceremony, which includes a parade from the U.S. Capitol to the White House along streets thronged with onlookers.
Interim Police Chief Peter Newsham told reporters on Friday that in addition to the more than two dozen activist groups that have sought permits for peaceful demonstrations, Washington police were aware of anarchist groups vowing online to interrupt the proceedings.
"The fact that you have some folks that are indicating on social media that they're coming to shut down the inauguration events is something that we will be prepared for," Newsham said. "We've experienced that type of thing before in the city and we'll be able to handle it."
Asked about the prospect of mass arrests, Newsham said: "That's one of the things that we have to prepare for, but we don't anticipate that will be the case."
Protests are planned before, during and after the inauguration, with the biggest event the Women's March on Washington on Jan. 21. The National Park Service said Thursday it would start issuing permits for protest sites after civil rights lawyers threatened to sue, saying the agency was quashing dissent.
About 3,000 police officers from outside the District, 5,000 National Guard troops and federal agents will staff buffer crowd-control barriers and bag checks, said Brian Ebert, the head of the Secret Service's District field office.
Barriers will be in place to prevent any possible truck attack, such as the attacks in Berlin last month and in Nice, France, in July.
(Source: Reuters) Read more.
- Father, we thank You that it is written that You are high and lifted up, and Your train fills the temple. Lord God, nothing is too difficult for you.
We bring the plans of these protestors before Your Throne of Grace, and we ask that there be no violence in Washington, D.C. on January 22nd.
We ask You to forgive each one, for they know not what they do. We speak peace to our city that day, and the dissolution of all of the plans of the enemy in Your name. Amen.
- "Let GOD arise, and His enemies be scattered." (Psalm 68:1)
The Middle East in Focus
1. Insight for Intercessors
Corrected link! Please go here. Thank you!
2. 4 killed as terrorist plows truck into troops in Jerusalem - Times of Israel
A truck rammed into a group of soldiers on a promenade in the Armon Hanatziv neighborhood of Jerusalem, killing at least four of them, in a vehicle-ramming attack on Sunday afternoon, police said.
Police chief Roni Alsheich called the incident a vehicular terror attack.
The soldiers were getting off a bus at the promenade, a popular tourist spot in southern Jerusalem, when a large flatbed truck ran into them.
At least 16 more people were injured, two of them very seriously, according to Jerusalem hospitals. (Read more)
- Abba, we pray for Your mercy and protection over Israel. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem. We ask for You to comfort the families of those killed today. We pray for those who were injured and ask You to protect them from trauma and bring healing to them mind, body, and spirit. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Initial IDF probe says soldiers shot at terrorist, countering earlier report of hesitation - TImes of Israel
A number of Israeli soldiers present at the truck-ramming terror attack in Jerusalem on Sunday shot at the terrorist within seconds of the attack starting, an initial IDF inquiry revealed, contradicting claims made by a guide who opened fire himself that the troops hesitated to respond or entirely failed to do so.
The probe also revealed that a group of soldiers, mainly IDF cadets, seen running from the scene were ordered to seek cover by an officer as the shooting began. Video footage from the attack, in which four soldiers - three cadets and one lieutenant - were killed and 16 were injured, showed members of the group scrambling to run away which sparked criticism for alleged failure to respond.
Earlier, the head of the IDF officers' training school said that "at least two" of his cadets shot at the terrorist. Col. Yaniv Alaluf, who commands the officers' training course, visited the scene to conduct a preliminary investigation into the attack and the soldiers' response. (Read more)
4. Top PA imam: Moving US embassy to Jerusalem a 'declaration of war' on Islam - Times of Israel
If the incoming US administration of President-elect Donald J Trump fulfills its campaign promise to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem, it would be considered "a declaration of war" on all Muslims, the Palestinian Authority's supreme Sharia judge Mahmoud Al-Habbash declared on Friday.
"The new American administration intends to transfer its embassy to Jerusalem. In a simple, calm, and rational manner, in clear words that need no explanation and which are unambiguous: Such a step, for every Muslim, is a declaration of war on all Muslims," said Habbash in a Friday sermon broadcast on official PA TV, and attended by PA President Mahmoud Abbas.
The speech was translated by an Israeli watchdog of Palestinian media, Palestinian Media Watch. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray for Your Will regarding the moving of the embassy. We ask for wisdom and discernment for President- elect Trump and his advisors. We ask for Your protection over every step of this plan. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
5. Spanish region reportedly adopts Israel boycott - Times of Israel
Spain's Valencia region reportedly adopted a boycott against Israel as its official policy.
A vote on Israel at the Provincial Council of Valencia, a semi-autonomous region with over 250 municipalities and 2.5 million inhabitants, took place during a general assembly on Dec. 29, according to the local faction of the far-left party València en Comú, which submitted the motion with other far-left factions.
"Today the Provincial Council of Valencia declared itself a free space from Israeli apartheid," a party spokesman wrote on its official Facebook page.
The approved motion, the statement read, was co-written by the local branch of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement against Israel, or BDS, and party deputy Roberto Jaramillo Martínez. Boycott promoters celebrated the vote as a major victory. (Read more)
6. Netanyahu: We won't support bodies that act against us - Israel National News
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Saturday night addressed Israel's decision to suspend a significant portion of its annual contributions to the United Nations for 2017, in response to the approval of UN Security Council Resolution 2334, which condemned Israel's presence in Judea, Samaria and eastern Jerusalem.
"Yesterday we officially announced to the United Nations that we will be cutting our annual contribution to the UN by six million dollars. Israel will not support bodies that are acting against it as a result of UN sponsorship," Netanyahu wrote on Facebook.
"One of these organizations is UNRWA, which funds Palestinian textbooks that incite against Israel, deny Israel's right to exist, and call the city of Tel Aviv 'Tel al-Rabia,'" he added. (Read more)
7. Bridges for Peace: Israel Prayer Update
To read this week's update, please go here.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. In Stunning Last Minute Power Grab, Obama Designates Election Systems As "Critical Infrastructure" - ZeroHedge.com
In a stunning last minute power grab by the Obama administration with just 14 days left in his Presidency, the Department of Homeland Security released a statement this evening officially declaring state election systems to be "critical infrastructure." The statement from DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson defines "election infrastructure" as "storage facilities, polling places, centralized vote tabulations locations, voter registration databases, voting machines" and all "other systems" to manage the election process . . . so pretty much everything.
"I have determined that election infrastructure in this country should be designated as a subsector of the existing Government Facilities critical infrastructure sector. Given the vital role elections play in this country, it is clear that certain systems and assets of election infrastructure meet the definition of critical infrastructure, in fact and in law."
"I have reached this determination so that election infrastructure will, on a more formal and enduring basis, be a priority for cybersecurity assistance and protections that the Department of Homeland Security provides to a range of private and public sector entities. By "election infrastructure," we mean storage facilities, polling places, and centralized vote tabulations locations used to support the election process, and information and communications technology to include voter registration databases, voting machines, and other systems to manage the election process and report and display results on behalf of state and local governments." (Read more)
- Father, it seems there is much that is going on now just behind the scenes, and just days before Donald Trump is to be sworn into the office of the presidency. Lord God, we ask that every single hidden scheme be brought to light and thwarted by Your hand and by the rule of law in our nation. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; Speak the word, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
2. FBI Claims DNC 'Inhibited' Its Investigation Of Stolen Emails - Daily Caller
The Democratic National Committee "inhibited" the FBI's investigation of email hacks by refusing to grant investigators access to the party's computer servers, the bureau is claiming.
"The FBI repeatedly stressed to DNC officials the necessity of obtaining direct access to servers and data, only to be rebuffed until well after the initial compromise had been mitigated," an FBI official said Thursday, according to BuzzFeed News.
"This left the FBI no choice but to rely upon a third party for information. These actions caused significant delays and inhibited the FBI from addressing the intrusion earlier." (Read more)
- Father God, only You in Your omniscience know what really has happened in this time of Mrs. Clinton's email behavior, and only You can render the judgment due if she failed to adhere to practices that would safeguard our nation from harm. Lord God, bring justice in this matter, we pray, amen.
- "For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing. In my faithfulness I will reward my people and make an everlasting covenant with them." (Isaiah 61:8)
3. Trump vows to 'aggressively combat' cyber-attacks amid intel report on Russia hack - Times of Israel
US President-elect Donald Trump asserted Friday that hacking by foreign powers did not sway the US election, after being briefed on an intelligence report pinning blame on Russia's Vladimir Putin for a cyber-campaign to keep Hillary Clinton out of the White House.
He also vowed to combat cyber-attacks once he takes office later this month.
After weeks of rejecting the intelligence community's conclusion that Russia interfered in the election, the president-elect accepted the possibility that Moscow was involved in hacking US targets including the Democratic National Committee. (Read more)
- Father, here is another excuse for Clinton having lost the presidential election. It is embarrassing that blame for her loss has gone to accusations of Russia and other countries. All of these accusations are an insult to those responsible for the cyberspace security of our country. They do a good job keeping our cyberspace safe from anyone trying to hack into US systems.
This prayer is for Clinton and her supporters to face the fact that the majority of citizens of the US did not want her for our president. The majority chose Mr. Trump. Let's move on in unity and support the new president. In the Holy name of Jesus.
- "Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold the Judge is standing at the door!" (James 5:9)
4. Shut Down: Joe Biden Tells Democratic Objectors 'It's Over' During Electoral College Certification Vote - Townhall.com
On Friday Congress voted to certify the Electoral College results. President-elect Donald J. Trump garnered 304 electoral votes to Hillary Clinton's 227. Colin Powell received three votes, with Ron Paul, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, Spotted Eagle, and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) each receiving one vote each.
Yet, the liberal temper tantrum continued, with a few House Democrats voicing their objections to the official tally. Vice President Joe Biden, however, was having none of it, noting that none of the objections had a Senate sponsor, which meant that no debate could occur. As Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) tried to make an objection, Biden quickly hot the gavel, noting that she lacked a Senate sponsor.
"It is over," said Biden, which drew cheers from the chamber. (Read more)
- Father in heaven, we thank You for bringing Joe Biden out of the crowd to speak with authority the word that shut the mouths of the objectors by declaring the electoral college votes won the election for Donald Trump as President of the United States. Thank You God for Your strong power in bringing this to pass. In the Name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; He does according to His will in the army of heaven And among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand Or say to Him, "What have You done?" (Daniel 4:35)
5. Trump tells Obama's ambassadors to leave by Inauguration Day - Fox News
President-elect Donald Trump is not allowing for any diplomatic dawdling. His transition team has issued a directive that all ambassadors appointed by President Obama must leave their posts by Inauguration Day, a source confirmed Friday.
While it is standard for politically appointed ambassadors to step aside at the end of a presidential term, an individual with knowledge of the foreign service told FoxNews.com that Trump's "unwillingness to consider individual cases or exigencies" appears to represent a break with protocol -- though the Obama administration appears to have done something similar.
"[The directive] in itself is not that significant. But it is more unyielding than in the past," he said.
The New York Times first reported that a State Department cable was sent to all ambassadors on Dec. 23 informing them they have to vacate their posts by Jan. 20 "without exceptions." (Read more)
- Father God, President-elect Donald Trump's transition team has issued a directive that all ambassadors appointed by President Obama must leave their posts by Inauguration Day. Even though this has been standard procedure for past presidents, it seems that some are questioning this move by Mr. Trump. We praise You for our new President. It is a new day for all people of our nation. Please guide Mr. Trump by Your hand as he leads our nation back to "One nation under God." Thank you Lord.
- "Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin."
6. Religious Makeup of the New Congress Overwhelmingly Christian - Christian Headlines
The United States Congress is about as Christian today as it was in the early 1960s, according to a new analysis by Pew Research Center.
Nearly 91 percent of members of the 115th Congress convening Tuesday (Jan. 3) describe themselves as Christian, compared to 95 percent of Congress members serving from 1961 to 1962, according to congressional data compiled by CQ Roll Call and analyzed by Pew.
That comes even as the share of Americans who describe themselves as Christian (now at 71 percent) has dropped in that time, Pew researchers noted. And, as a whole, Congress is far more religiously affiliated than the general public. (Read more)
- Father God in heaven, we offer You great praise today for this magnificent report. Thank You, Jesus! Now that all these members are back in Washington, serving You in Congress, we ask that You would provide wise counsel for them and strengthen each one in the inner man to stand against all the temptations of the enemy on the Hill. May each one serve You in dignity and in honor, in Your name, amen.
- "But when He the, Spirit of truth, shall come, He will guide you into all the truth." (John 16:13)
7. Florida shooter told FBI gov't controlling his mind, forcing him to watch IS videos -Times of Israel
An Army veteran who complained that the government was controlling his mind drew a gun from his checked luggage on arrival at the Fort Lauderdale airport and opened fire in the baggage claim area Friday, killing five people and wounding eight, authorities said. He was taken into custody after throwing his empty weapon down and lying spread-eagle on the ground, one witness said.
"People started kind of screaming and trying to get out of any door they could or hide under the chairs," the witness, Mark Lea, told MSNBC. "He just kind of continued coming in, just randomly shooting at people, no rhyme or reason to it."
The gunman was identified as 26-year-old Esteban Santiago of Anchorage, Alaska, who served in Iraq with the National Guard but was demoted and discharged last year for unsatisfactory performance. His brother said he had been receiving psychological treatment recently.
A law enforcement official told The Associated Press that Santiago had walked into the FBI office in Anchorage in November to say that the US government was controlling his mind and making him watch Islamic State videos. (Read more)
- Father God, this is so tragic. We first lift up those who have lost family members in this senseless tragedy, and ask that You would comfort each one as only You know how to do.
We ask, too, that this man be put away for life, never to harm anyone else, ever again. Bring healing, Lord we pray . . . bring healing. Amen.
- "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
8. US House passes motion repudiating UN resolution on Israel -Times of Israel
The US House of Representatives passed a scathing rebuke Thursday night to a United Nations Security Council resolution the Obama administration allowed through last month that condemned Israeli settlements as illegal. House Resolution 11 declared the UN motion a "one-sided" effort that is an obstacle to peace, placing disproportionate blame on Israel for the continuation of the conflict and discouraging Palestinians from engaging in direct, bilateral negotiations.
Passed by a vote of 342-80, the measure puts the lower chamber of Congress firmly against President Barack Obama's decision to withhold the US veto power from shielding Israel against the censure. The UN resolution says the settlement enterprise "has no legal validity and constitutes a flagrant violation under international law" and calls for a complete end to all construction in areas Israel captured after the 1967 Six Day War, including East Jerusalem.
It also calls on all states "to distinguish, in their relevant dealings, between the territory of the State of Israel and the territories occupied since 1967" - language that Israel fears will lead to a surge in boycott and sanctions efforts, and that an Israeli official warned would provide "a tailwind for terror." The House resolution condemned that provision, saying it "effectively lends legitimacy to efforts by the Palestinian Authority to impose its own solution through international organizations and through unjustified boycotts or divestment campaigns against Israel."
Using the same language that's included in a complimentary Senate resolution introduced Wednesday, the House measure called for the Security Council resolution to be "repealed or fundamentally altered." (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven, we shout HALLELUJAH at this good report! We ask that there be a quick reconciliation of this bill when it goes to conference, so that the language in both the House and the Senate versions would be correctly aligned. We thank You, Lord, that our nation stands strongly behind Israel and against any action at the UN that endangers her sovereignty. In Your Name, amen.
- "I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the peoples, And I will sing praises to You among the nations." (Psalm 108:3)
9. Kerry, Abbas warn of an 'explosion' of violence with Jerusalem embassy move - Jerusalem Post
US Secretary of State John Kerry and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas offered similar warnings to the incoming Trump administration over the weekend: Moving the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem would ignite a violent uprising that no one would be able to control.
In an interview with CBS, Kerry, preparing to leave the State Department after engaging in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict intensely for four years, said the violent movement would extend beyond the West Bank. (Read more)
- Father of righteousness, we ask You to break up every demonic stronghold that has clustered in the sky over Jerusalem and Tel Aviv that would block the American embassy from moving to Jerusalem. God, dispatch the heavenly host of angels to surround every man on the ground to push it through for the embassy to be moved to Jerusalem. Perform this miracle, Lord God. In the Name of Jesus we pray.
- "Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:18,19)
10. Russian ground to ground missiles discovered by Israel in Syria - YNet News
The Eros B satellite operated by the Israel based ImageSat International (ISI) has located two long range Russian ground to ground SS-26 Iskandar missile launchers in the Syrian Latakia air base. The base is also used by the Russian Air Force.
Experts from ISI say that the launchers are hidden under camouflage nets the majority of the time, but the heavy rains seen across the region over the past several weeks forced the Russians to move the launchers out from underneath the nets, thus exposing them to the satellite. Two other vehicles were seen in the area, and it seems as if they are also part of the SS-26 Iskander system.
The Iskander ground to ground missiles are able to be shot 400-500 kilometers. They are accurate to within 5 meters, and can carry a warhead weighing half a ton. Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Haifa are all within range of these missiles. (Read more)
- Father, You have brought the heavy rains so these missiles would be exposed for the satellite to pick them up. Now Lord God, in like manner disable them and make them inoperative by Your mighty hand of power. And soon, as You do this Act of God, all will see this manifestation of Your unlimited power and many will melt in fear and call out to God to save their souls. In the holy Name of Jesus we ask this, amen.
- "For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17)
The Daily Jot
Friday, January 6, 2017
How close we are to losing our Liberty
When I began going to West Africa, Ghana was a dictatorship. I escaped an airport bombing and led 8 missionaries through a coup attempt in another country. Freedom is not for the weak. We Americans have no idea how close we have been (and are) to losing our Liberty. The previous eight years was an all out attack on the American ideal. My ministry partner William Agbeti in Ghana has witnessed and has lived through several dictatorships. He says it is a spirit of dictatorship that he sees in the "president" and those of his party. I asked him how to stand against this spirit, and what Christians did in Ghana to gain and preserve liberty. His insights may be your most important read of the year.
William says, "Coming from a so-called third world country and having experienced first hand the rule of dictators, the US "president's" "third term" statement, and the "shadow government" moves clearly indicate to me the presence of the spirit of dictatorship in him. If my analysis is correct, this simply means that If he were a president in a third world country, he would indisputably attempt to change things to continue in power after the legal constitutional term; Or, if dictatorship is not possible for him, then the spirit will drive him to start a shadow government, leading to an eventual overthrow of the legitimate US government through various means. Your "president" seems to have an uncompleted business to change America, and it is likely he is not going to relent until it is done.
"The role of the Christian and allied communities throughout the dictatorships cannot be downplayed. There were organized and constant all-night prayers, church services and peaceful marches. The heavens were bombarded with unceasing prayers. Above all, there were the rise of various sole but bold leaders and journalists (like you) who gave voice to the people to help bring down oppressive regimes. I was the Editor of a national religious-based weekly that helped a great deal to topple a military dictatorship in Ghana. The mainstream media produced very few outlets that became thorns in the flesh of evil regimes in Ghana. The majority of the press was bought by dictators and placed on their payrolls.
"The hallmarks of successful overthrow of evil regimes have included, but not limited to: emergence of sole opposition leaders around whom the masses build resistance, involvement of the people in civil disobedience, alignment with foreign governments and powers, revolts sparked by unfortunate killings of innocent people, etc. There is nothing like a "one thing" at play in dealing with dictatorships. That notwithstanding, I think it is time for American Christians to stop the emerging evil shadow government with "one thing": that is, to send out a massive clarion call to prayer, with the support of Christian communities worldwide. Owing to the complexity of the American system of governance, if this is not done, it is easy for a smart dictator to run America, hiding behind rules and regulations which your "president" has already set in place."
See the similarities with what Ghana experienced leading to dictatorships-over regulation, shadow governments, news media employment? Ronald Reagan once said, "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." For us as Christians, Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again in the yoke of bondage." Both are good advice. Americans, especially Christian Americans, must learn how to stand fast, be ever vigilant, in both our spiritual and physical freedom. Our generation must do so or face the consequences of such inaction.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Paris Peace Summit
Countdown to the Paris Peace Summit
On January 15, 2017 representatives from nations across the globe will flock to the French capital for a conference on peace in the Middle East. Yet instead of seeking a way to bring an end to the bloody civil war that has reduced parts of Syria to a smoldering rubble or finding a solution to the looming threat of the Islamic State cutting a swath of death and destruction in Iraq, the agenda of the peace parley will have but one item: resuscitating the Israeli-Palestinian peace process and hammering out the parameters for renewed talks.
Seventy countries have been requested to attend and have their say at the high-level get-together. Yet the two parties whose fate the meeting is aimed at deciding, namely Israel and the Palestinians, have only been invited to meet separately at the conference's conclusion.
Over the course of 2016, France had doggedly tried to kick-start the flailing peace process, hosting an "opening summit" on June 3, 2016. While the United Nations (UN), European Union (EU), United States and a number of Arab countries attended the meeting, neither Israel nor the Palestinians were invited. Following the June get-together, the French vowed to persist in their reconciliation efforts and host a follow-up conference before ushering in 2017.
Yet in early December Paris announced that the peace conference had been postponed and would now take place on 15 January-two days before the United Nations Security Council is rumored to vote on a number of anti-Israel resolutions and five days before President Barack Obama hands over the reins for America's Commander in Chief to President-elect Donald Trump.
Israel has been opposed to the Paris plan since its inception and has stated repeatedly that it would not be involved in such a conference. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told French Prime Minister Manuel Valls as early as May that "peace just does not get achieved through international conferences, UN-style. It does not get to fruition through international diktats or committees from countries around the world who are sitting and seeking to decide our fate and our security when they have no direct stake in it."(Read more)
As the nations of the world plan to gather in France to formulate plans against God's people, pray that there would be confusion among these leaders. Oh Lord, confound and bring to nothing the plots against Your people, descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
"How lovely are your tents, O Jacob! Your dwellings, O Israel! Blessed is he who blesses you, and cursed is he who curses you." (Numbers 24:5, 9b)
(Source for article and for prayer: Bridges for Peace)
Watching the UN
Report: Netanyahu Concerned that UN Might Have More Anti-Israel Activity Up Its Sleeve
It is no secret that the powers-that-be in Israel are looking forward to 20 January 2017. The date marks the departure of outgoing American President Barack Obama with whom Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has had a somewhat strained relationship, to make way for President-elect Donald Trump who is generally regarded as a great friend of Israel.
Yet much can happen in the 17 days that Obama is still in office and, according to The Times of Israel, Netanyahu has expressed fears that two particular events planned for the next few days might not bode well for the Jewish state. Moreover, judging by the happenings of the past week or so, the prime minister might have grounds for concern.
The first event is a United Nations Security Council meeting scheduled for January 17, 2017, three days before Obama bids the White House farewell. The Times of Israel reported that Netanyahu warned Israeli lawmakers on Sunday that the international body might have some additional anti-Israel action planned. Speaking at the weekly cabinet meeting, he said that the Jewish state is "in the midst of an event that has still not ended."
Netanyahu's concerns come after the UNSC adopted Resolution 2334, a document which condemns all Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria, including those in east Jerusalem and the Old City, as a gross violation of international law and a major stumbling block to peace between Israel and the Palestinians. Moreover, in a shocking deviation from its standing policy over the past decade, the Obama administration did not exercise its veto power at the UNSC, thus failing to protect Israel and allowing the resolution to pass.
Despite White House Deputy National Security Adviser, Ben Rhodes, giving his assurance that America would use its veto power regarding any further anti-Israel action the UN might have up its sleeve, Netanyahu appears to be unconvinced.
The second event that might prove to Israel's disadvantage is the French-driven peace conference which is scheduled to take place in Paris on January 15, 2017, two days before the UNSC meeting, The Times of Israel reports. Following last month's "shameful" resolution and the subsequent speech by US Secretary of State John Kerry in which he proposed six principles for peace talks and decried Israel's "pernicious policy of settlement construction that is making peace impossible," the Jewish state is concerned that the French peace push might be used as a platform to "further measures against it." (Read more)
Bring PM Netanyahu before the Lord praying for wisdom, courage, strength and boldness. Ask the Lord to direct his steps and give him peace in his heart so that he can hear God's instructions for the way forward.
"Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths." (Psalm 25:4)
(Source for article and for prayer: Bridges for Peace)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
"Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body." (Hebrews 13:3)
Please visit the website for International Christian Concern to lift up prayers for the persecuted around the world, every day. Their link is: www.persecution.org -- or go here to connect. Thank you for interceding for our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Asia, the Islamic World, and the Far East.
O How I Love the Saviour's Name
I love to sing its worth;
It sounds like music in mine ear,
The sweetest name on earth.
O how I love the Saviour's name!
O how I love the Saviour's name!
O how I love the Saviour's name!
The sweetest name on earth.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Frederick Whitfield
Music: William H. Rudd
Signs and Wonders
Worst California flooding since 1997 and perhaps 1986 possible - AccuWeather.com
A large storm will affect the west coast of the United States with drenching rain, ice, flooding and high country snow this weekend into next week.
"There is the potential for excessive rain, combined with melting snow to trigger the worst flooding in northern California since 1997 and perhaps 1986," according to Senior Vice President of AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions Mike Smith.
The next storm will roll ashore early this weekend, and it will not be in a hurry to leave. (Read more)
- Abba Father, the threat of severe weather on the West Coast is just that, a threat. You, Lord, are in control of all things in and of this earth. You have given us authority over storms, flooding, mudslides, ice, and snow. Our prayer is that all of these conditions on the West Coast will be stopped through our faith and by Your authority we ask in the name of Jesus.
- "And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves, But He was asleep. Then the disciples came to Him and awoke Him saying, "Lord save us1 We are perishing!" But He said to them, "Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?" Then he arose and rebuked the winds of the sea, and there was a great calm" (Matthew 8:24-26)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Radical Revival Falls on China's State-Controlled Churches
CBN News traveled to southern China and obtained exclusive, never-before-seen images, from inside these churches.
When God Shows Up in a Communist Church It's Thursday evening in Fujian Province, southeast China. Scores of men and women are dancing, waving flags, blowing shofars, singing and worshipping God. You might think these images come from a charismatic service in the United States. But they're not. This is communist, and officially still atheist China.
"You Are My All In All"
The Bible Readathon
Our Bible Readathon Continues
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)
We are now reading the Word of God every night from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. We are reading through the whole Word, from Genesis to Revelation, and beginning again in Genesis when finished.
Our numbers of readers continues to grow over time. All are welcome to join!
The access code is: 350430#. Please call at any time from midnight to 6:00 a.m. EST. WELCOME!
[Note: we are reading from these versions of the Scripture: King James, New King James, New American Standard, and NIV.]
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer
PrayerSurgeNow and 24/7 Prayer:
Two other prayer ministries to note --
24/7 Prayer Continues!
You are welcome to join the 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call!
> > > The 24/7 National Strategic Prayer Call is taking place for 70 Days leading up to the Jan 20, 2017 Presidential Inauguration in DC.
Numerous ministries are participating. Join in any time, day or night in this continuous stream of intercession:
Our good friend, Dai Sup Han, raised up PrayerSurgeNow at the leading of our Lord, nine years ago. Ever since then, "PSN" has hosted weekly conference calls every Saturday morning from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. EST, with speakers who provide briefings to the Body of Christ of different topics needing prayer.
PSN also offers other opportunities now, throughout the week each week, to join with other seasoned intercessors in releasing targeted prayers for our nation.
For news of PSN's weekly agendas, please visit their website by going to: prayersurgenow.blogspot.com, or by going here.