CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, July 6, 2016
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
" . . . then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power."
(1 Corinthians 15:24)
"...do not use your freedom as a covering for evil..." (I Peter 2:16)
Focus on Natural Disasters
Focus on Natural Disasters
1. Massive Alaska Landslide Registers as 2.9 Magnitude Earthquake - Weather.com
More than 100 million tons of rock collapsed from a 4,000-foot high mountainside in Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska Dispatch News reported, and the debris spread out over six miles. For reference, small SUVs average around two tons, so the slide is the equivalent of more than 50 million SUVs crashing down the hill. (Read more)
2. Super typhoon Nepartak takes aim at Taiwan - CNN
Taiwan is bracing for the region's first super typhoon of 2016, which is expected to grow in speed and power before it hits the island around Thursday evening local time. In just 48 hours, Nepartak has rapidly strengthened from a tropical storm with wind speeds of 110 kilometers per hour (70 miles per hour) to a roaring super typhoon with winds hitting 240 kph (150 mph) -- and it could surge even higher. (Read more)
3. China flooding: Wuhan on red alert for further rain - BBC
The Chinese city of Wuhan is on red alert for more heavy rainfall, after torrential downpours overnight left parts of the city submerged. Transport links and water and power supplies in the city of 10 million are severely affected, and some residents are trapped in their homes. Flooding has killed more than 180 people and caused chaos across China. (Read more)
4. Floods in China kill almost 130, wipe out crops - Reuters
Severe flooding across central and southern China over the past week has killed almost 130 people, damaged more than 1.9 million hectares of crops and led to direct economic losses of more than 38 billion yuan ($5.70 billion), state media said on Tuesday. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray for all who may be in the paths of these natural disasters. We ask Your grace to rest upon each one, that they might be able to get out of the way of these storms, landslides or floods, or that You would protect each one by supernatural means. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." (John 16:24)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Iranian military official: We have 100,000 missiles in Lebanon ready to hit Israel - Jerusalem Post
President Hassan Rouhani said the last year's nuclear deal "was the cheapest way to achieve Iran's goals and interests."
Speaking in Tehran on Saturday at an iftar meal breaking the Ramadan fast, Rouhani said the pre-Iran nuclear-deal era is past and Iran now needs to take advantage of the new atmosphere to pursue its "national interests more than before," Iran's Islamic Republic News Agency reported.
The country's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Saturday called for student associations to establish a "unified anti-US and anti-Zionist front" among the Muslim world's students, Tasnim News Agency reported.
2. Odd couple Israel and Egypt enjoying 'best times ever' - Times of Israel
CAIRO (AP) - Blast walls, sandbags, and guards with machine pistols manning checkpoints ring the Israeli diplomatic compound in the leafy Cairo suburb of Maadi.
But inside the Embassy, which doubles as Ambassador Haim Koren's residence, you'd hardly notice any of the animosity traditionally felt by the Egyptian masses, for all the upbeat assessments of the future.
On a recent night at the compound, some two dozen Egyptians came for an iftar dinner, the traditional breaking of the fast during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which ends Tuesday. But the vast majority of them - including a cook wearing a Star of David T-shirt - were embassy employees.
3. Pro-BDS groups in Israel receive foreign funding, report finds - Israel Hayom
Hundreds of nongovernmental organizations operating in Israel, whose mission statements are clearly anti-Zionist, fail to meet financial transparency guidelines on foreign funding, a report by NGO Monitor revealed on Sunday.
The watchdog group, which according to its website strives to "generate and distribute critical analysis and reports on the output of the international NGO community" with the objective of ending "the practice used by certain self-declared humanitarian NGOs of exploiting the label 'universal human rights values' to promote politically and ideologically motivated agendas," found that out of the 398 NGOs registered in Israel, only 185 have complied with financial transparency guidelines.
The report found that over the past three years, foreign funding to these groups exceeded 100 million shekels ($26 million), with over 50% of the funds given to 27 NGOs described as "very active" in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
4. In Kenya, PM says Africa trip will help rebuild world majority for Israel - Times of Israel
NAIROBI, Kenya - Hailing the importance of his current visit to four African countries, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday vowed to further expand Israel's ties with the entire continent, so much so as to eliminate the so-called automatic majority against the Jewish state in international forums such as the United Nations.
After concluding a summit with African leaders from seven countries in Entebbe, Uganda, Netanyahu said that the number of countries in the continent seeking to actively cooperate with Israel would continue to increase. This would lead to a change in African nations' voting patterns, he said, though he stopped short of announcing any concrete promises made to him by the leaders he met earlier in the day.
5. Saudi Arabia: Bombings target Medina and Qatif mosques - Al Jazeera
Four security officers have been killed and five others wounded in a suicide attack outside one of Islam's holiest sites, Saudi Arabia's interior ministry said.
The bombing at the Prophet's Mosque in the city of Medina was the third attack to hit the kingdom on Monday, following blasts in the cities of Jeddah and Qatif.
Photos of Medina posted on social media showed smoke billowing from a fire outside the mosque where Prophet Muhammad is buried.
"Four security guards were martyred and five others wounded as a result of their opposition to the suicide attacker who detonated explosives near them as he was on his way to the mosque," the ministry said on Twitter.
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Top GOP lawmaker calls for FBI chief to release evidence on Clinton email probe - Fox News
A top Republican lawmaker called on FBI Director James Comey Tuesday to release evidence gathered by the bureau surrounding the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email use as secretary of state, calling for the agency to be "more transparent than ever."
Sen. Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, released a statement hours after Comey announced that, despite finding evidence the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee was "extremely careless" in her handling of classified emails on a private server, the agency will not recommend that charges be brought against her. The decision drew swift rebuke from many Republicans, and caused Grassley to call for the evidence gathered by the FBI to be released.
"If [the FBI] wants to avoid giving the impression that the FBI was pulling punches, because many people in a similar situation would face some sort of consequence, the agency must now be more transparent than ever in releasing information gathered during its investigation," Grassley said in a statement. "That means more than simply giving the public a brief summary of his view of the facts. It should include the actual evidence so the public can make an educated decision on its own about the judgment and decision-making of all the senior officials involved," Grassley said. (Read more)
- Lord, let the evidence come forth, we pray. Lord God, we ask that Your hand of protection would rest upon all who are now caught up in this scenario, including Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama, and James Comey . . . as well as their own family members and staff. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
2. GOP calls FBI head Comey to testify this week - The Hill
The head of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is calling the director of the FBI to testify before the panel this week amid Republican outrage over the decision not to recommend charges against Hillary Clinton. Director James Comey will testify on Thursday morning, Chairman Jason Chaffetz R-Utah) said in a statement on Wednesday.
"Individuals who intentionally skirt the law must be held accountable. Congress and the American people have a right to understand the depth and breadth of the FBI's investigation," Chaffetz said in a statement. "I thank Directory Comey for accepting the invitation to publicly answer these important questions."
The hearing is unusual in the speed with which it was scheduled, just one day after Comey announced that, despite evidence of being "extremely careless," Clinton should not face criminal charges for mishandling classified information. (Read more)
- Lord, once again we praise You that, in our republican form of government, there are three branches in place to provide a system of checks and balances of power. We thank You that this House Committee will be exercising that power as they hold this hearing with FBI Director James Comey. May all questions be asked "fair and square," and may only truth prevail in this hearing. We ask in Your name, amen.
- "For the Lord is our judge, The Lord is our lawgiver, The Lord is our king; He will save us . . ." (Isaiah 33:22)
3. Iowa: 'Some' churches must comply with transgender bathroom laws - Fox News
Is a church a place of public accommodation and if so - are congregations required to follow anti-discrimination laws regarding gender and sexual orientation?
That's the issue raised by a brochure published by the Iowa Civil Rights Commission. They contend that any church that opens its doors to the public would be required to comply with sexual orientation and gender identity laws.
It's unclear when the Commission's brochure was published, but it clearly outlines their interpretation of the 2007 Iowa Civil Rights Act - known as Iowa Code Chapter 216.
First Liberty Institute is representing Cornerstone World Outreach, a Sioux City church that fears it may be in violation of the statute. (Read more)
- Abba, we bring this whole "discrimination" question to You and ask that You give the Churches and their representatives wisdom in dealing with this bathroom situation. It is particularly cumbersome as it speaks to our very belief that You created us male and female, and we wish to protect the privacy of those choices You made for us before our births. We ask that You grant First Liberty Institute wisdom in addressing this issue for all the churches effected by these decisions. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them." (Genesis 1:27)
4. Churches Fight Back against Iowa Civil Rights Commission - Washington Times
Two churches are fighting back against the Iowa Civil Rights Commission after the agency issued an interpretation of state law that could bar churches from expressing biblical views on sexuality and gender identity - even from the Sunday pulpit.
Fort Des Moines Church of Christ filed a federal lawsuit against the commission on Monday, arguing that the agency's interpretation of the Iowa Civil Rights Act violates the First Amendment.
Christiana Holcomb, legal counsel for the Alliance Defending Freedom, which represents the church, said it is difficult to "imagine a more obvious unconstitutional invasion of the state into the internal affairs of the church" than what the Civil Rights Commission is proposing.
"Churches should be free to teach their religious beliefs and operate their houses of worship according to their faith without being threatened by the government," Ms. Holcomb said in a statement. "That is a foundational First Amendment principle." The lawsuit came in response to an explanatory brochure titled "Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity - A Public Accommodations Provider's Guide to Iowa Law," released by the Civil Rights Commission. It says churches are public accommodations and therefore generally subject to the Iowa Civil Rights Act. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for this additional church in Iowa, and their legal representatives, Alliance Defending Freedom, to also avail themselves of Your wisdom, as they fight to carry out Your principles in their church, and not the edicts of humans. We ask You to be both Councellor, Advocate, and Judge in this situation, and surround these churches with Your favor, and wisdom we pray, Amen.
- "God, declare them guilty! Let them fall through their own intrigues, for their many crimes, throw them down; since they have rebelled against You. But let all who take refuge in You rejoice,let them forever shout for joy! Shelter them; and they will be glad, those who love Your name. For You, ADONAI, bless the righteous; You surround them with favor like a shield." (Psalm 5:10-14)
5. Muslim 'refugees' threaten Minnesota community with rape - WND
A mob of up to 30 young Somali men paraded through one of Minneapolis' more upscale neighborhoods last week, yelling disparaging comments and threats against homeowners.
A female resident of the neighborhood, obviously shaken in a TV interview, related how she was screamed at by a Somali man who threatened to kidnap and rape her. "They were screaming at the house that they were going to kidnap you and they were going to rape you," one Minneapolis resident told KSTP TV. "It was a very traumatizing experience."
Somalis living in Minneapolis are almost all Sunni Muslims, and residents of the Lake Calhoun area say this isn't the first time a group of Somali men has made an intimidating march through their neighborhood, which is filled with million-dollar homes. No hate-crime charges are apparently being considered by either the Minnesota authorities or the Obama Justice Department headed by Loretta Lynch. (Read more)
- Father, we are horrified by this news, but we thank You that You have promised to work all things together for our good for those who love You! We ask that You would draw the attention to this incident and expose it for the evil that it is, even if the mainstream media ignores it. We ask that the communities and country would recognize this for what it is, and will respond in righteousness. We bind up all spirits of intimidation and hatred, and vengeance, and ask that many muslims will leave their religion of violence and give their hearts and lives to You, we pray. Bring order out of chaos, we pray! May this evil plan of the enemy backfire upon his own head, we pray in Your Name, Amen.
- "The nations have fallen into the pit they dug. Their feet are caught in the nets they laid. The Lord has made Himself known by His fair decisions; the wicked get trapped by what they do. Selah!" (Psalm 19:15,16)
6. The US Holds More Oil Reserves than Saudi Arabia and Russia - CNBC
The US holds more oil reserves than Saudi Arabia and Russia, the first time it has surpassed those held by the world's biggest exporting nations, according to a new study.
Rystad Energy estimates recoverable oil in the US from existing fields, discoveries and yet undiscovered areas amounts to 264bn barrels. The figure surpasses Saudi Arabia's 212bn and Russia's 256bn in reserves. The analysis of 60,000 fields worldwide, conducted over a three-year period by the Oslo-based group, shows total global oil reserves at 2.1tn barrels. This is 70 times the current production rate of about 30bn barrels of crude oil a year, Rystad Energy said on Monday. (Read more)
- Lord, we praise You for this good news! We thank You that You are our Source, not mankind's resources. You put the oil in the Earth, at the time of Creation, and we praise You for this placement. We ask that we will use these resources wisely, remembering to be grateful to You, and to use this oil in such a way to bless not only our country, but the world as well. In Jesus Name, Amen.
- "More blessed than sons is Asher; May he be favored by his brothers, and may he dip his foot in oil. Your strongholds will be iron and bronze, and as your days are, so will your strength, your rest and security be." (Deuteronomy 33:24,25)
7. Obama: US to Maintain 8,400 Troops in Afghanistan into Next Year - VOA
U.S. President Barack Obama has announced plans to maintain about 8,400 U.S. troops in Afghanistan into next year. The administration had initially planned to reduce the number of U.S. troops from the current 9,800 to around 5,500 by the end of the year but Obama said Wednesday that the security situation in Afghanistan "remains precarious."
"The Taliban remains a threat. They've gained ground in some cases, they've continued attacks and suicide bombings including in Kabul," Obama said. "Because the Taliban deliberately target civilians more Afghan men, women and children are dying and often overlooked in the global refugee crisis." (Read more)
- Lord, we ask for Your protection, grace and mercy to surround our troops in Afghanistan, and ask that You bring them home safely. We pray our troops will instruct the Afghans how to protect their country, and defeat their enemies. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great." (Psalm 18:34,35)
8. Saudi Arabia's King Salman vows to fight religious extremists with 'iron hand' after Medina mosque attack - Telegraph UK
The king of Saudi Arabia has warned his country would strike with an "iron hand" against people who preyed on youth vulnerable to religious extremism, a day after suicide bombers struck three cities in an apparently coordinated campaign of attacks.
No group has claimed responsibility but Islamic State militants have carried out similar bombings in the US-allied, Sunni Muslim-ruled kingdom in the past year, targeting minority Shi'ites and Saudi security forces.
Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and a member of the Jordanian royal family, delivered his remarks via a spokesman in Geneva.
"This is one of the holiest sites in Islam, and for such an attack to take place there, during Ramadan, can be considered a direct attack on Muslims all across the world," he said. "It is an attack on the religion itself." (Read more)
- Lord God, when the Islamic terrorists begin attacking their own people, then surely the end of this principality must be at hand. As the Saudis grieve the loss of their loved ones during these three attacks, we ask that You would cause them to yearn for peace in the depths of their souls. May they come to know You as Savior, Lord and King, through dreams and visions in the night. Come Lord Jesus, we pray for these who are lost, amen.
- "For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." (Luke 19:10)
9. Israel, US syncing missile defense systems for joint response to future attacks - Jerusalem Post
In face of the increasing missile threat to Israel, the Defense Ministry and the US Missile Defense Agency completed a test in recent days aimed at synching Israeli and American air defense systems so they can operate cooperatively in a future war.
During the trial - the first of its kind - the physical "connectivity" between the systems was tested. The test involved sites scattered around the United States, Israel, and Europe.
Elbit Systems EW and SIGINT - Elisra led the trial, which was designed to see if Israel's Arrow systems, and David's Sling, could link up with American systems. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this alliance between Israel and the U.S. in helping Israel fend off any future attacks against it. We praise You for the privilege of helping Israel defend herself from future acts of war against her. We ask that both systems will work well, and successfully mesh together and fulfill its purpose for being. We praise You, in Jesus' Name, Amen.
- "I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." (Genesis 12:2,3)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
Who shall demand justice?
Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain. There is nothing to see. It took only eight days after Attorney General Loretta Lynch met with former President Bill Clinton for the FBI to decide against indicting Hillary Clinton even though she may have broken several laws. The FBI reports to Lynch under the Justice Department. Of course, Lynch told reporters that the 30-minute meeting between her and the first-man wannabe was by "chance" and that "There was no discussion on any matter pending before the department or any matter pending with any other body. There was no discussion of Benghazi, no discussion of State Department emails." So America is supposed to believe the FBI squish is coincidence?
FBI Director James Comey told reporters "Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information...we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton's personal e-mail account...Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."What else would one expect of an FBI Director who was hand-picked by the current "president"?
While there is evidence that a crime has been committed, there was extreme carelessness with top-secret documents important to national security, and it is possible that enemies of America gained access to this information, Clinton is off the hook because she didn't intend to commit the crime. This "no intent, no harm, no crime" concept would never fly with any law enforcement officer or unconstitutional government agency investigating folks like you and me. Tell it to the IRS agent auditing your restaurant receipt or the police officer stopping you for going 38 in a 30 mph zone. No, this is a travesty. This regime of corrupt cronies is creating a class of untouchables who are above the law.
On one hand Comey says, "To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences." On the other hand, he says, "Only facts matter, and the FBI found them here in an entirely apolitical and professional way. I couldn't be prouder to be part of this organization." This is duplicitous double talk. In any other case where such evidence and suspicion were present, the FBI would eagerly prosecute to the fullest. The Bill Clinton-Loretta Lynch-James Comey political connections bought a stay out of jail pass. As in Isaiah 59:4, "None call for justice, nor any plead for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity." Who shall demand justice?
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Persecuted Church
REVEALED: The City Where ISIS Now Occupies ALL Churches as Christians Face WIPE OUT
CHRISTIANS and other religious minorities face the prospect of annihilation in Iraq after more than a decade of sectarian bloodshed and the rise of Islamic State, leading charities have warned.
Crazed jihadis have looted, destroyed, or occupied all 45 churches in the city of Mosul, while targeting scores more across the country.
Large numbers of Iraq's other ethnic and religious minorities have also been murdered, maimed or abducted, while unknown numbers of women and girls have been forced into marriage or sexual enslavement since the fall of Mosul to ISIS in June 2014.
The shocking reality for Christians living in Iraq was revealed in a report, No Way Home: Iraq's Minorities on the Verge of Disappearance.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
HOLY! HOLY! HOLY!
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty." (Isaiah 6:3)
Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee.
Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty,
God in three persons, blessed Trinity!
Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore thee,
casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
cherubim and seraphim falling down before thee,
which wert, and art, and evermore shalt be.
Holy, holy, holy! Though the darkness hide thee,
though the eye of sinful man thy glory may not see,
only thou art holy; there is none beside thee,
perfect in power, in love and purity.
Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All thy works shall praise thy name, in earth and sky and sea.
Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty,
God in three persons, blessed Trinity.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Reginald Heber, 1826
Music: John B. Dykes, 1861
Signs and Wonders
Magnetic Canyon on the Sun
A canyon-shaped hole has opened up in the sun's atmosphere, and it is spewing solar wind into space. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory is monitoring the structure, which stretches more than 700,000 km from end to end.
This is called a "coronal hole." Coronal holes are places in the sun's atmosphere where magnetic fields peel back and allow hot gas to escape. A gaseous stream of solar wind flowing from this opening will reach Earth on July 8th or 9th, possibly sparking polar geomagnetic storms when it arrives. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras, especially in the southern hemisphere where dark winter skies favor visibility. (SpaceWeather.com) Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
'Europe Is Alive for Jesus': Revival Breaks Out in France
Amid the ongoing threat of Islamic terror and economic instability, thousands of people in France are giving their lives over to Christ.
People from all over Europe flocked to Nates, France, last week to seek the Lord at the Grande Conference.
The purpose of the conference this year was to call an increasingly secular Europe back to a true relationship with God.
The key phrase of the conference was "mercy triumphs over judgment," a banner declaring God's ability to heal and restore Europe.
"Great Are You Lord" - All Sons And Daughters
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.