CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, July 27, 2016
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord
and all the kings of the earth Your glory."
Tracking the DNC
Tracking the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia:
News of interest and for prayer
"For His eyes are upon the ways of a man,
And He sees all his steps.. .
So that godless men would not rule
Nor be snares of the people." (Job 34:21,30)
1. Clinton Ally Apologizes for Comparing Jewish Settlers to 'Termites'
- Free Beacon.com
A Democrat aligned with Hillary Clinton apologized multiple times late Monday following a Washington Free Beacon report detailing the lawmaker's comments comparing Jewish settlers to "termites."
Rep. Hank Johnson (D., Ga.), a Democratic superdelegate pledged to Clinton, likened Jewish citizens living in disputed areas of Israel and the Palestinian territories to "termites" that destroy homes. His comments came during an event on the sidelines of the Democratic National Convention hosted by the U.S. Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, an anti-Israel organization that supports boycotts of the Jewish state.
Johnson, who also claimed that "Jewish people" were stealing Palestinian homes, apologized multiple times for his remarks after the Free Beacon report sparked outrage in the Jewish community and elsewhere. (Read more)
2. Complaints about gridlock, delays, trash mar Democratic convention - Fox News
Tens of thousands of politicians, delegates, reporters and political junkies who have come to this sprawling East Coast city -- amid a relentless heat wave -- to attend the Democratic National Convention are being greeted with traffic gridlock, subway snafus and venues without food or water and piled high with trash.
The headaches surrounding the logistics of the event have served to mar an already turbulent kick-off marked by rowdy protests.
The early arrivers Tuesday at the downtown convention center where the events are being held were met by work crews furiously trying to clean up trash and leftover food including chicken fingers and French fries. (Read more)
3. Democrats heckle opening prayer - Fox News
Watch video here.
4. Politifact: Democrats never mentioned terrorism on Day One of DNC - POLITICO
Republicans' claim that Democrats did not mention terrorism or ISIL on the first night of the Democratic National Convention is correct, PolitiFact said Tuesday morning.
Following Monday night's speeches, Republicans blasted the Democrats for a lack of focus on terrorism from the 61 speakers.
"Based on our searches of C-SPAN closed-captioning text, Congressional Quarterly transcripts and other video archiving services, we couldn't find any speaker who mentioned 'ISIS,' 'Islamic' 'terror,' 'terrorist,' or 'terrorism' during the first day of the convention," PolitiFact wrote.
The fact-checking website did add the caveat that the Democrats still have three days to discuss terrorism at the convention and that the first day of the convention was not meant to focus on foreign policy. Additionally, Hillary Clinton on Monday called for action against ISIL, also known as ISIS, at a rally in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Read more)
5. Israeli flag set on fire outside Democratic convention - YnetNews
Protesters set an Israeli flag on fire and chanted "long live the intifada" outside of the Democratic convention site.
A woman wearing a black bandanna on her face lit the flag on fire Tuesday night as protests continued outside of the secure zone around the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Someone stood nearby waving a Palestinian flag.
Protesters also set pro-Bernie Sanders fliers on fire that were hanging on steel fencing around the site.
Separate groups of Sanders supporters, protesters marching against police brutality and others have joined together in the streets outside of the convention. (Read more)
6. Emails: DNC Staffers Annoyed At Having To Commemorate Holocaust - Daily Caller
Internal DNC emails released by WikiLeaks reveal at least one Democratic party staffer seemingly annoyed at having to commemorate the Holocaust. (Read details here.)
7. Obama: 'Possible' Russia interfering in US election - The Hill
President Obama on Tuesday raised the possibility that Russians hacked the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in order to influence the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.
"Anything's possible," Obama said in an interview with NBC News.
Obama said Russian President Vladimir Putin might prefer Republican nominee Donald Trump . . . (Read more)
8. Kremlin dismisses US Democratic email hack claims as 'absurd' - AFP
The Kremlin on Tuesday dismissed allegations that Russia was behind a hack of the Democratic National Committee's emails as absurd, mocking what it called obsessive references to Russia in the US presidential campaign.
"This absurd news was immediately refuted by the family of the well-known presidential candidate," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told journalists, referring to Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr.
"We are still seeing attempts to obsessively use the topic of Russia during the US electoral campaign," Peskov complained.
"Unfortunately Russia is being used in the electoral campaign in the US. Unfortunately this traditional game is continuing.
"We think that's not very good for bilateral relations but we understand that we need to get through this unfavourable period." (Read more)
9. Julian Assange: 'A lot more material' coming on US elections - CNN
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange said Tuesday his whistleblowing website might release "a lot more material" relevant to the US electoral campaign. Assange was speaking in a CNN interview following the release of nearly 20,000 emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee by suspected Russian hackers.
However, Assange refused to confirm or deny a Russian origin for the mass email leak, saying Wikileaks tries to create ambiguity to protect all its sources. (Read more)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Israel says aircraft strikes in Syria after errant Syrian fire - Reuters
Israeli aircraft attacked a target in Syria on Monday after errant fire from fighting among factions in Syria struck inside Israel, Israel's military said.
The Syrian fire had hit an open area near the border causing no injuries, and in retaliation the air force "successfully targeted the source of the fire in Syria", said an army spokeswoman.
The Syrian army said two missiles from Israeli reconnaissance planes hit a residential building in Baath City in the Syrian Golan Heights, near the border with Israel.
The army statement, carried on state news agency SANA, said the strikes on the city caused "material damage" and said they were aimed at "raising the morale of terrorist groups it (Israel) supported" after losses inflicted by the Syrian army.
2. Israel, Cyprus to boost regional cooperation - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades met Sunday in Jerusalem. The two leaders discussed various regional issues, and agreed to increase Jerusalem and Nicosia's cooperation on shared regional concerns, such as the war on terror and energy interests.
A statement by the Prime Minister's Office said Netanyahu and Anastasiades "held wide-ranging discussions that reflected the important and close relations both countries enjoy. In the course of the meeting, both leaders underscored their shared interests in regional stability and expressed their agreement to continue countering of extremism and terrorism. They also discussed emergency response cooperation ... and the unitization of the Aphrodite and Ishai offshore gas fields."
3. Hamas seeks to recruit 'girl power' - Israel Hayom
Gaza Strip-based terrorist group now reportedly allows women ages 15 to 25 to join organization's active ranks * Hamas said to offer women firearms training, as well as hand-to-hand combat and field skills training.
4. Christian schools still unable to access much-needed grant money - Times of Israel
Israel's Christian schools, which are facing financial collapse, cannot get money from a government grant due to difficult conditions for accessing the funds, a school official told the Times of Israel on Monday.
On Wednesday, after months of government stalling, Israel's Social Equality Ministry announced an NIS 50 million grant for the network of 47 schools, which are almost all Catholic and cater to some 33,000 children, many of which are Muslim.
The NIS 50 million were promised to the school network after a lengthy public struggle that included a strike at the start of the school year last September over budget cuts that officials said amounted to hundreds of millions of shekels.
5. Remains of Canaanite fort unearthed by teens on Galilee dig - Israel Hayom
Getting their hands dirty, with a purpose: A group of youth assisting on an archaeological dig at the village of Ibillin in northern Israel has uncovered a Canaanite-era fortress dating back 3,700 years.
The youngsters, who hail from Moshav Alon Hagalil and Kibbutz Hanaton and are spending their summer vacation working on an Israel Antiquities Authority excavation, unearthed the Canaanite structure, whose existence was previously unknown, in the middle of an olive grove between Ibillin and Shfaram.
6. Insight for Intercessors - Weekly Report
To read this report, go here.
(Includes an update about what happened last week in the seven cities that held Tomorrowland events.)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. DNC WAS WARNED OF HACK MONTHS BEFORE CONVENTION - Intercessors for America (IFA)
Federal investigators tried to warn the Democratic National Committee about a potential intrusion in their computer network months before the party moved to try to fix the problem, U.S. officials briefed on the probe tell CNN. The revelation raises questions about whether the DNC could have done more to limit the damage done by hackers suspected of working for Russian intelligence. The DNC brought in consultants from the private security firm CrowdStrike in April. And by the time suspected Russian hackers were kicked out of the DNC network in June, the hackers had been inside for about a year. (Read more)
- Electronic spy "warfare" is a fact of 21st-century life. Pray for an appropriate response by authorities. IFA does not comment on such reports from a partisan viewpoint. We report, pointing readers toward God's providence and urging fervent prayer for mercy for our nation. Political leaders with whom we disagree are not our "enemies," and our "weapon" is intercession. God is in control.
- "For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops." (Lk. 12:2-3)
2. The Pro-Abortion Party - Gary Bauer
If anybody needs a reminder of how important this election is, consider this. Last night, as Michelle Obama and Bernie Sanders were speaking, Bill Clinton was seated in the gallery. Sitting next to him was Cecile Richards, the head of Planned Parenthood and the woman most responsible for the destruction of innocent unborn children in the United States.
That Richards was rewarded with the honored position of sitting next to the former president and the nominee's spouse on the opening night of the convention tells you everything you need to know about the extreme pro-abortion views of Hillary Clinton and her party. And they are extreme. (Read more)
- Abba Father God, we cry out for mercy for the DNC, for they know not what they do! With a long history of being the party that supports abortion in America, they are complicit in the sin of the shedding of innocent blood, which brings a curse upon the land. Abba Father God, we ask You to forgive each member of the DNC for this iniquity, to deliver each one from madness, and to cleanse and to heal our land. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "For their feet run to evil And they hasten to shed blood." (Proverbs 6:17)
"So innocent blood will not be shed in the midst of your land which the LORD your God gives you as an inheritance, and bloodguiltiness be on you." (Deuteronomy 19:10)
3. DNC Convention 2016: Soviet Flags, Palestinian Flag - BUT NO U.S. FLAG - The Gateway Pundit
Where was Old Glory? There was a Soviet flag. There were Palestinian flags. But there were no American flags at the DNC convention that I saw.
The Democrat Convention kicked off Monday in Philadelphia. The far left Bernie supporters marched with Soviet flags down the street. Democrats waved the Palestinian flag from inside the Wells Fargo Convention Center. (View photos here)
[Update: upon further inquiry, it was discovered that the American flag was on the stage, far off to one side, and barely visible to most of the audience.]
- Abba, this is troubling, to say the least. We realize that some of the things these candidates advocate do seem to mirror communism and socialism, and more than just a few advocate violence in achieving their goals. We ask for an influx of patriotism to take over that convention center, and the convention attendees. May they realize the privilege they have of being American citizens, and may each one experience a deepening love for this nation. We ask for sanity to return to the group, and a sense of commitment to their nation and cause. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Remove wicked people from the king's presence; then his government will be honest and last a long time." (Proverbs 25:5)
4. Hillary Clinton Prays with Conservative Evangelical Women - CBN
Burns Strider, a close friend and faith advisor to Hillary Clinton, tells The Brody File that Clinton currently has a prayer circle of women that pray with her regularly . . . and a few of them are well-known conservative evangelicals. We spoke with Strider at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia where we also learn of a time where Hillary Clinton actually stepped in at her church and taught Sunday School for a couple months.
Strider has been sending Clinton Bible verses and other motivational musings nearly every day for nearly 10 years. He was her faith outreach director in 2008 when she ran for president and this time around, he's an informal advisor. She greatly respects what he has to say on matters of faith.
"She has a wonderful prayer circle of other women, whom every name would be known if I shared it. The majority are evangelical leaders. A couple of times a month I have them on the phone with her for prayer time . . . sometimes every week. If I'm not regularly doing it she'll ask me why and get me going again. The three evangelical women on the call are minister's wives who have a very strong activism in the ministry and whose husbands and them are really well known in the conservative community. They're conservatives." (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for this group that prays with Hillary Clinton on a regular basis. You know who they are, and what they believe, and how they pray. We ask that they would pray according to Your Word, and Your desire. We do pray for her true salvation, and her relationship with You. May she "fall in love" with You and dedicate her life to You and make You known to others, we pray, for Your glory, Amen.
- "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death." (Philippians 3:10)
5. FADA - FRC Now Opposes First Amendment Defense Act - Family Research Council
For over a year, FRC has strongly supported and urged support for FADA. There have been numerous instances of government discrimination against Christians due to their biblical beliefs since the Supreme Court redefined marriage in its ruling on Obergefell in June 2015. Nevertheless, there has been little appetite in Congress to act on legislation to protect Christians from government discrimination. Finally, after a year of waiting, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held a hearing last Tuesday on what was to be one of the most important pieces of religious liberty legislation before Congress in years. FADA was sponsored by Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), and Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho) with all good intentions.
When LGBT activists and their supporters in Congress launched an effort (reminiscent of the misinformation campaign against the Indiana RFRA that led to the law being converted into a special privileges for people who identify as homosexual), the sponsors agreed to include protections for same-sex partners. So the bill became something else than what FRC originally supported and promoted for so long. The re-written bill is now an affirmation of the Obergefell decision. Ironically, as FADA was being watered down, the GOP Platform Committee in Cleveland was strengthening the pro-marriage and liberty planks. (Read more)
- May God enable our lawmakers to pass a law that will protects Christians for being discriminated against because of their deeply held biblical views on marriage, realizing that those who adhere to same-sex marriage have already been granted protections!
- "Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled." (Titus 1:15)
[Prayer offered by Rev. Pierre Bynum, Chaplain & National Prayer Director, Family Research Council]
6. Judge grants John Hinckley Jr. his freedom decades after Reagan assassination attempt - Fox News
The man who tried to kill President Ronald Reagan is set to go free, after a judge decided Wednesday to allow would-be assassin John Hinckley Jr. to live with his mother in Virginia full-time. Hinckley is set to begin his "convalescent leave" on Aug. 5, according to U.S. District Judge Paul Friedman's order. Friedman wrote that "all of the experts and treatment providers" who testified during the hearing agreed that Hinckley's issues -- major depression and psychotic disorder -- were "in full and sustained remission and have been for more than twenty years. Mr. Hinckley is clinically ready for full-time convalescent leave," Friedman wrote. The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute issued a statement disapproving of the judge's decision."Contrary to the judge's decision, we believe John Hinckley is still a threat to others and we strongly oppose his release," the statement said. (Read more)
- Lord God, we agree with the statement released by The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation, that John Hinckley may very well pose a threat to our public safety. We ask that You place a hedge about this would-be assassin, and hem him in. We ask for the continued healing of John Hinckley, and that he will come to know You personally as his Savior and His Lord. In Your name we pray, Amen.
- "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." (James 5:16)
7. All charges dropped in Freddie Gray case; no convictions - Fox News
Prosecutors dropped the remaining charges Wednesday against three Baltimore police officers awaiting trial in the death of Freddie Gray, ending the case without any convictions. Gray was a 25-year-old black man whose neck was broken while he was handcuffed and shackled but left unrestrained in the back of a police van in April 2015. His death added fuel to the growing Black Lives Matter movement, set off massive protests in the city and led to the worst riots the city had seen in decades. (Read more)
- Father God, today we are asking You for a miracle to take place in the city of Baltimore, Maryland. Lord God, without Your divine intervention, all the elements are now in place to trigger a massive and potentially violent demonstration, as a result of this ruling. Father God, it is You who rule and reign in the heavens, and it is You who can save us from danger. We ask for peace today to abide on the streets of Baltimore, to Your Glory, amen.
- "Ah Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You!" (Jer. 32:17)
8. VERMONT DOCTORS PUSH BACK AGAINST ASSISTED-SUICIDE REQUIREMENT - IFA
Vermont doctors and health care professionals are pushing back against an interpretation of state law that they say requires them to help kill patients who wish to die. Members of two medical groups, the Vermont Alliance for Ethical Healthcare and Christian Medical & Dental Associations, filed a lawsuit on Tuesday against officials in two state medical agencies responsible for the interpretation. The lawsuit says these agencies have interpreted a 2013 physician-assisted suicide law, Act 39, in a way that would require health care professionals to counsel terminally ill patients about the option to commit suicide. (Read more)
- Pray for doctors and all health-care professionals who are being pressured to violate conscientious beliefs in their vows to "first, do no harm." These dedicated practitioners understand that patients have rights, but those who serve them needn't help them toward the ultimate step of suicide. Pray for an awakened Church to stand against the persistent "crusade" to push God out of American life.
- "For whoever finds me (divine wisdom) finds life, and obtains favor from the LORD; but he who sins against me wrongs his own soul; all those who hate me love death." (Prov. 8:35-36)
9. U.S. APPROVES UN USE OF FORCE TO PROTECT(?) CIVILIANS IN CONFLICT - IFA
The United States has announced its support for a set of principles that give a green light for U.N. peacekeeping troops and police to use force to protect civilians in armed conflicts. [This agreement was signed by President Obama July 1, 2016.] (Click here to read the Executive Order) U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power told a high-level U.N. meeting Wednesday focusing on the responsibility to protect civilians that the United States was "proud" and "humbled" to join 28 other countries that have pledged to abide by the 18 pledges. (Read more)
- Pray for justice tempered with mercy. Although UN motives are suspect when it comes to relations with the U.S., pray that these principles will be effective to protect civilian citizens when international conflict breaks out. The most effective prayer is for God's will to prevail, as He puts up rulers and takes them down in fulfilling His purposes.
- "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with Him." (Dan. 2:20-22) [Prayer offered by IFA]
From CHPP: Please pray, too, against any and all plans of the globalists to exercise control over our citizens, against our will. Thank you.
10. Thousands of Turkish rebels raped, tortured, and starved - Israel National News
An international human rights organization claims the Turkish government is systematically torturing soldiers involved in a failed coup attempt earlier this month, as well as thousands of other detainees.
According Amnesty International, as many as 10,000 Turkish rebels, former judges, and other suspected dissidents have been taken into custody and are suffering from rape, torture, and starvation as punishment for their opposition to the regime of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
The human rights group claimed on Monday that it has "credible evidence" of the rights violations against detainees in the wake of the failed coup. (Read more)
- God of Mercy, we cry out to You on behalf of these 10,000 who are suffering under the hand of P.M. Erdogan. Lord God, we ask that You would loose Your ministering angels to stand between these abusers and their victims, thwarting their plans. Show them Your mercy, O Lord, we pray in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted And justice for the poor." (Psalm 140:12)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
The prophetic war of the world
The month of July has been extremely violent for Europe. Islamic terror attacks from July 14 through the 26 left a priest beheaded in Rouen, a doctor shot dead in Berlin, a woman killed with a machete in Reutlingen, a bomber killing himself and 15 others in Ansbach, a shooting rampage killing 9 in Munich, five injured by an axe wielder in Wurzburg, and the truck attack that killed 84 and injured scores more in Nice. This is in addition to bombers killing 32 in Brussels in March and the November 2015 attack in Paris, killing 130. Is Islam is at war with Europe? Can one make the assumption that the "migration of immigrants" from Islamic states to Europe is an invasion? What does it mean for the US?
The US "president" is doubling down on his efforts to introduce into the US tens of thousands of Muslims from terrorist-sponsoring states by the end of his term. AP reports that the White House is expanding its efforts to bring Central American illegals to come to the US legally. Yes, you read that right. No relief in sight if Hillary Clinton becomes president. Her campaign promise is to fast-track making illegals in America, as well as the so-called "refugees" from the terror-sponsoring areas, legal citizens. Already, violent crime has increased in the US over last year. Contributing to the homicide numbers are illegal immigrants and Islamic terrorists-some using guns in the most gun-restricted cities.
Observing reports from the Democratic National Convention, one could conclude that the Democratic Party is trying to harness the energy of anarchists and pander to every special interest group that has a beef with America, especially those who are here illegally, and those who are committing crime. It is almost as if the Democratic Party is fomenting a revolution to establish an anchor-hold for socialism by using every dissatisfied, angry, mentally anguished person they can find to pit in class warfare against one another, and against those who would naturally abide by the law. Law and order is becoming a large issue in America, especially as "immigrants" bring with them anarchy rather than assimilation.
The world is at war. It's not a conventional war. Islam is at war with the world. An ally of Islam is communism, or Marxism. If we can look at this through a different lens, it may become clearer. In WWII it was the Axis vs the Allies. The Axis was Germany, Japan, and Italy (Islam helped). The Allies were the US, Britain, France, the Soviet Union and China. It is clearer if one views this today as Islam, anarchists, and Marxists vs the US, Western Europe, and law-abiding peoples. Western nations don't want to admit they are at war, but it is clear that Islam is leading a coalition against the West. We may be seeing the foundation being laid for the prophecies of the end times when the Beast speaks blasphemies against God, deceives those on earth, and makes "war with the saints (Revelation 13:4-17)." Watch and pray.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Update: Terror in Normandy
Update: Terror in Normandy
Islamic State says militant 'soldiers' carried out Normandy church attack
SAINT-ETIENNE-DU-ROUVRAY, France - Two attackers backing the Islamic State - including one on a watch list - stormed a village church in northern France during Mass on Tuesday, taking hostages and slitting the throat of an 85-year-old priest before police commandos shot and killed the assailants, authorities said.
A nun who was inside the church told a French television station that the priest was forced to his knees and killed when he attempted to resist. Officials said the attackers screamed "Allahu akbar" (God is great) as they slit his throat.
The Islamic State's Amaq news agency described the attackers as "soldiers" of the militant network, according to the SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors terrorist activity. But it was not immediately clear whether the assailants had direct contact with the Islamic State.
French authorities identified one of the attackers Tuesday evening as Adel Kermiche, a 19-year-old local resident already known to anti-terrorist investigators and whose parents had reportedly alerted authorities about his radicalization.
In a news conference, Molins did not name the second attacker, but he added that authorities had detained a 17-year-old Algerian-born suspect, allegedly the younger brother of another man already wanted by police for seeking entry into Syria. . .
"They recorded themselves," a nun identified as Sister Danielle told BFM-TV as she described the attacks. "They did a sort of sermon around the altar in Arabic." (Read more)
- Father God, as the people of this village, of France, and of the world begin to recover from news of this heinous act of terror, we continue to lift all before You for healing. Lord God, other news sources relate that this priest was actually beheaded, as is the practice of all ISIS terror attacks. Lord, we recoil in dread at this news, too.
We repent that the media tries to "sugar coat" the truth in these horrific acts, and we thank You that do watch over Your people in love. We ask for protection for all Christian churches, in Jesus' name, and we cancel the words spoken by these terrorists at the altar of the church they attacked. In Your name, amen.
- "Rescue me, O Lord, from evil men; Preserve me from violent men Who devise evil things in their hearts; They continually stir up wars. They sharpen their tongues as a serpent; Poison of a viper is under their lips." (Psalm 140:1-3)
A True Martyr
A True Martyr
Not far from the Normandy beaches where Allied forced began the liberation of Nazi-occupied Europe, Islamofascists loyal to ISIS stormed a church this morning. They forced Father Jacques Hamel, an 86 year-old priest, to his knees, beheaded him and filmed the attack.
A nun also suffered life-threatening wounds before French police shot and killed the jihadists. One of the attackers had been previously convicted of terrorism charges and was supposed to be under electronic surveillance.
News of this disgusting attack is being met with widespread revulsion in France, throughout Europe and here in the U.S. It is important to remember that this is not an isolated event.
Islamic supremacists have been engaged in the mass murder of Christians throughout the Middle East and across Africa. Churches have been burned, Christian girls have been kidnapped and sold into sex slavery or forced to convert to Islam. Nuns have been raped and families have been burned alive.
And yet even as this carnage continues, few Christian refugees are making it to Europe or the United States under Barack Obama. Instead our elites demand more Muslims be admitted. When will the insanity end? (Gary Bauer)
More Daily Features
The Persecuted Church
Authorities Urged to Take Note as Christians' Graveyard Flooded by Sewage
A Christians' graveyard flooded by sewage, graves desecrated by the waste water. The graveyard in Sunder Estate village, Nuhlah village, district Raiwand. Christian media reported that local government has turned a blind eye towards the desecration of Christians' graves.
It was reported that local government has spilled sewerage water over the graveyard, which had resulted in flooding of the land. Christians complain that no dry space has been left in the graveyard, so that they can bury their dead.
The Good News Corner
School REVERSES Their Ban on "Amazing Grace" Halftime Show When Christian Community Speaks Up
(Elmore County, AL)-[Gospel Herald] In a complete about-face, the superintendent of an Alabama school district has changed his mind about banning the popular hymn "Amazing Grace" from a local high school marching band's halftime show.
According to local station WTVM, Elmore County School Superintendent Dr. Andre Harrison said he made the decision in consultation with an attorney after someone complained about the constitutionality of Holtville High School marching band playing a religious song.
"[If] Christians had remained silent, this change would most likely not have occurred. I applaud the parents and community members who let their voices be heard ... We all have to take a stand for our religious freedoms while we still can." -Franklin Graham
"Here"- Kari Jobe
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture!
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.