Israel has now entered into her three-week
time of the Dire Straits. Please see our Weekly
Bible Study, below, for details and join us in
praying for the peace of Jerusalem. Thank you.
Our Prayer Canopy will remain in place!
See below for details. Praise God and thank you all for your faithful participation on these calls!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, July 25, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord
and all the kings of the earth Your glory."
Tracking the DNC
Tracking the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia:
News of interest and for prayer
And He sees all his steps.. .
So that godless men would not rule
Nor be snares of the people." (Job 34:21,30)
1. Democratic National Convention: With protests predicted, businesses warned to batten down the hatches - Philly.com
The convention host committee, with an $80,000 grant from the Knight Foundation, will line Broad Street from Arch to Washington Streets with seven street-level pop-up spaces featuring musical performances and art displays from noon to 6 p.m. each day of the week. At least four protests are planned down Broad Street during the same time. Organizers say artists and musicians will be instructed to halt when demonstrators come by.
"We're not going to play over protesters," said Paul Beideman, president of the Avenue of the Arts. "That doesn't get anyone anywhere." (Read more)
2. Hillary Clinton Chooses Tim Kaine as Her Running Mate - Time
Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton has named Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate for the 2016 election, ending months of speculation about her pick and setting the stage for a heated general election against Donald Trump and his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
The announcement, made on Friday night from Clinton's Twitter account, comes a day before Clinton and Kaine are set to campaign together in Florida. Clinton's decision to draft the mild-mannered Kaine is intended to help her consolidate support among white voters and bring a workmanlike partner with her into the White House. (Read more)
To learn more about Tim Kaine's background, please go here.
3. Wasserman Schultz resigning as party leader - CNN
Debbie Wasserman Schultz announced Sunday she is stepping down as chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee at the end of the party's convention, which is set to begin here Monday. The Florida congresswoman's resignation -- under heavy pressure from top Democrats -- comes amid the release of thousand of leaked emails showing DNC staffers favoring Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders in the party's 2016 primary contest.
Her announcement that she was leaving had pro-Sanders supporters cheering during a demonstration in Philadelphia and Donald Trump and other Republicans crowing about the disarray among the Democrats. Wasserman Schultz talked with both President Barack Obama and Clinton before making her announcement, a Democratic source said.
"Going forward, the best way for me to accomplish those goals [which include electing Clinton president] is to step down as Party Chair at the end of this convention," Wasserman Schultz said in the statement. (Read more)
4. Sanders backers plan convention protests, adding to chaotic kick-off - Fox News
The Democrats' convention kicking off Monday still faces the potential for rowdy protests from Bernie Sanders delegates and supporters, despite the ouster of Democratic National Committee leader Debbie Wasserman Schultz serving as somewhat of a peace offering to liberal factions of the party that have accused her of tipping the scales for Hillary Clinton.
Sanders supporters were angry over leaked emails that show the Florida congresswoman and her team blasting Sanders and discussing ways to undermine him.
While her resignation could calm that storm, the liberal wing still appears intent on protesting over other grievances including Clinton, the party's presumptive presidential nominee, picking Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia as her running mate. (Read more)
5. Democrats Roll Out Party Platform
Go here to read this document.
6. Clinton to call on Black Lives Matter at Dem convention - The Hill
The mothers of several African-Americans killed by police or gun violence will be put in the spotlight at the Democratic National Convention. The Mothers of the Movement will put presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's embrace of the Black Lives Matter movement at center stage.
It will also highlight a significant contrast with Donald Trump, the Republican presidential nominee who, at the GOP convention last week, embraced a "law and order" message that is implicitly critical of Black Lives Matter. Indeed, two speakers at the Republican National Convention, both African-Americans themselves, offered scathing assessments of Black Lives Matter, arguing it has been a divisive presence in public life. (Read more)
7. Franklin Graham: Now That The RNC is Over, Pray With Me for the Democrats - Breaking Christian News
Franklin Graham is urging people to join his second Facebook Live prayer at 2 p.m. EDT on Monday, July 25, prior to the DNC.
"Be a part of this," he said. "Wherever you are . . . I hope you will set your reminder to join us via your phone or your laptop. The Bible says that the prayers of one righteous person avails much (James 5:16). So if there are thousands of us calling out to God on behalf of our nation, can you imagine what He might do?"
"I'm not telling you who to vote for," he's said on the tour. "If you pray, God will do that." (Read more)
Please note: as of this posting, we are unable to reach the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA). In order to connect with this prayer, please try again later on Monday.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Former Saudi general visits Jerusalem, meets Israeli officials - Times of Israel
A retired Saudi general visited Israel this week, heading a delegation of academics and businessmen seeking to encourage discussion of the Saudi-led Arab Peace Initiative.
According to a report in the Haaretz daily, the delegation led by Dr. Anwar Eshki met with Foreign Ministry Director-General Dore Gold, the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories Maj.-Gen. Yoav Mordechai, and several Knesset members from the opposition.
Such a visit by former general Eshki, who was once a top adviser to the Saudi government, is an extremely rare occurrence. "While this wasn't an official visit, it was a highly unusual one, as Eshki couldn't have traveled to Israel without approval from the Saudi government," the newspaper report said. (Read more)
2. Former Israeli general: Assad's actions resemble 'genocide' - Times of Israel
The former head of Israel's Military Intelligence has described the Syrian regime's actions in the city of Aleppo as "reminiscent of genocide" and said the need for the international community to act against President Bashar Assad is far more urgent than the fight against the Islamic State.
Speaking to German newspaper Bild this week, Maj. Gen. (ret.) Amos Yadlin, who also served as IDF attaché to Washington and who is currently the director of the Institute for National Security Studies (INSS), called the humanitarian situation in the besieged city "unbearable" from a moral point of view. (Read more)
3. Gaza summer camps train teens for jihad - Times of Israel
A new promotional video for a Hamas summer camp in the Gaza Strip touts the military training and religious teachings it provides to Palestinian teenagers, who are instructed on waging "Jihad for the sake of Allah."
The video, which was uploaded to YouTube this week, and which has been translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute, shows teens undergoing physical training and practicing the use of firearms at the "Vanguards of Liberation" camp. (Read more)
4. IDF adapting training to Hezbollah battle doctrine - Jerusalem Post
Ten years after the Second Lebanon War, the IDF has made substantial changes in the way it trains its infantry for war against Hezbollah - arguably Israel's most formidable military threat in the immediate region.
In the lead up to the 2006 conflict, the infantry had became rusty at war, spending nearly all of its time in counter-terrorism and anti-riot missions in the West Bank. The little training it did do involved largely unrealistic scenarios, like fighting in open areas, which were starkly different from the village battlefields of southern Lebanon that awaited it. (Read more)
5. Israeli athletes under threat as terrorists vow to hit Olympics - Israel Hayom
With the Olympic Games set to kick off in Rio De Janeiro on Aug. 5, al-Qaida appears to have identified the games as a terrorist opportunity, specifically targeting Israeli athletes and spectators.
According to The Foreign Desk news outlet, al-Qaida sympathizers have issued a list of directives on social media calling for their followers to carry out "lone-wolf" attacks against American, British, French and Israeli athletes, using knives, poison, explosives-laden drones and kidnappings, "to free Muslim prisoners."
The instructions also specified why the group's followers should target Israeli athletes and spectators. (Read more)
6. Hebrew Nation News Weekly Report
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Virginia Supreme Court strikes down McAuliffe order on felons' voting rights - CNN
The Virginia Supreme Court on Friday ruled against Gov. Terry McAuliffe's executive order seeking to reinstate the right to vote to approximately 206,000 Virginians who had been convicted of a felony but had completed their sentences. Writing for a 4-3 court, Chief Justice Donald W. Lemons held that the "assertion that a Virginia governor has the power to grant blanket, group pardons" is "irreconcilable" with the Constitution of Virginia.
The ruling is a political setback to Democrats and was issued in the critical state about an hour before Hillary Clinton announced she would choose former Virginia governor and current Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. The court's opinion actually mentions Kaine, noting that when he was governor he contemplated a similar executive order but in the end was advised that he couldn't issue such a sweeping action.
"Never before," Lemons wrote, "have any of the prior 71 Virginia governors" issued such a clemency order of any kind, "whether to restore civil rights or grant a pardon, to an entire class of unnamed felons without regard for the nature of the crimes or any other individual circumstances relevant to the request."
In a statement, McAuliffe vowed to sign nearly 13,000 individual orders to restore voting rights to felons, a process that some voting rights experts say could be cumbersome and complicated. (Read more)
- Thank You Father that the Virginia Supreme Court struck down this executive order by Governor McAuliffe that would have given felons the right to vote. Our spirits testify to the reason that this was brought forth - to seek votes in the presidential election. God You are in control of the Governor's executive pen, so we bring this matter to You now. Because the Constitution of the State of Virginia forbids this assertion of executive power, we thank You for this ruling by Justice Lemons. Keep him safe, Lord, we ask in Your name. You alone are our creator and judge. Amen.
- "Nothing in all creation is hidden from Gods sight: everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to Whom we must give account." (Hebrews 4:13)
2. BREAKING! McAuliffe To Circumvent VA Supreme Court Ruling On Felon Voter Rights - Townhall.com
Will Issue 200,000 Clemency Grants
Virginia Supreme Court ruled that Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's executive order that would allow convicted felons to vote was unconstitutional. The action promoted legal action from the Virginia Republican Party. The court ruled that McAuliffe had overreached the state's longstanding law concerning disenfranchisement of voting rights for criminals. Now, McAuliffe has decided to work around the court's ruling by granting clemency to the 200,000 felons who were targeted in his original executive order.
Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) is taking action to restore the voting rights of thousands of ex-offenders in the state after a court decision Friday put them in jeopardy. He's getting around the Virginia Supreme Court's ruling against him by signing 200,000 individual clemency grants to the state's ex-offenders to ensure their right to vote in November. . . But just hours after the decision, McAuliffe vowed to push back by signing clemency grants for the state's ex-offenders one by one.
"The struggle for civil rights has always been a long and difficult one, but the fight goes on," he wrote. "I remain committed to moving past our Commonwealth's history of injustice to embrace an honest process for restoring the rights of our citizens, and I believe history and the vast majority of Virginians are on our side." (Read more)
- Lord God, once again, the wicked are ruling wickedly. We ask You to forgive Gov. McAuliffe for his obstinance on this issue, and for defying the ruling of the Supreme Court of the State of Virginia in this manner. We repent for the spirit of lawlessness that is running rampant in our nation, and we ask for Your grace to bring us back to You, in Your name, amen.
- "Oh, let the evil of the wicked come to an end, and may you establish the righteous- you who test the minds and hearts, O righteous God!" (Psalm 7:9)
3. Christianity Takes Center Stage At The Start Of The Final Night Of Trump's Convention - Daily Caller
The theme of a united nation under Christian values was clear Thursday during the opening of the final night of the Republican convention with prominent Christians as the opening speakers. "We are not here tonight to ask you to bless what you have designed. We are here to ask you to transform us," Rev. Steve Bailey of North Coast United Methodist Church prayed in the invocation. He later added, "we will only be a great nation when we are a good nation."
The stated theme of the final night of the Republican convention is "Make America One Again." "In the pledge that we just cited we said that we are one nation under God," Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, said in the first speech of the night. Perkins spoke about the context of that phrase being added into the Pledge of Allegiance during "the existential threat" of the Cold War. He said "a lot has changed since then but the source of America's hope and future has not." This source, according to Perkins, is "under God." (Read more)
- Father, We thank You that You have sounded an alarm for the American people through Your Christian messengers. Indeed, God, we believe that " All Lives Matter" as Pastor Mark Burns has said. We ask You Jesus to silence the voice of the enemy that has tried to divide the GOP and Your people. We bless You Lord for the unity that was shown by the Pastors in their speeches. We believe that when we are one with You in true repentance, God, then our America . . . will be great again! Hallelujah!
- "I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are One." (John 17:22)
4. 'Heat dome' hitting US, bringing surging temps - Fox News
Much of the country is baking in temperatures above 90 degrees, without much relief when the sun goes down. That can prove deadly. Unusually high humidity will keep nighttime temperatures very warm, which can be more dangerous than the daytime highs, because our bodies don't have time to recover. The temperature needs to drop to at least 80 degrees for recovery to begin.
Some areas of the United States won't get below 80 degrees some nights this week, resulting in a dangerous combination. Without air-conditioning, these hot temperatures can put a strain on the body that can result in heat exhaustion or even death. Overnight lows will stay in the upper 70s to near 80 in many places across the Midwest and the South over the next few days, with very high humidity. Low temperatures are usually reached in early morning, so many of these areas will still have temperatures that feel like the 90s or higher until after midnight.
This particular heat wave has seen exceptionally high humidity levels. Like the winter equivalent of the wind chill, the heat index -- the temperature combined with the humidity -- gives us a true measure of how hot it feels. Dew points this week in the Midwest have been running in the 70s to near 80, which is downright oppressive. The combination of temperature near 100 and those high dew points are pushing the heat index above 120 degrees, or into the very dangerous category, this week and into the weekend. (Read more)
[Published on Friday, July 22.]
- Father, even as our entire continent is now suffering under the heat dome, we take note of the people of Kuwait, whose circumstances are even more severe. Lord, that nation has just broken all records in all the globe over all time, by recording a temperature of 129 degrees Fahrenheit! Help us, O Lord, we pray in Your name, amen.
- "But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help." (Psalm 18:6)
5. Wildfire north of Los Angeles prompts hundreds of home evacuations - Fox News
Flames raced down a rugged hillside "like a freight train," leaving smoldering remains of homes and warnings that more communities should be ready to flee the wildfire churning through tinder-dry canyons in Southern California, authorities said Sunday.
Planes and more than a dozen helicopters dropped water and retardant on the blaze sparked Friday that has destroyed 18 homes and blackened more than 34 square miles of brush on ridgelines near the city of Santa Clarita. About 300 miles up the coast, crews were battling another fire spanning more than 16 square miles outside the scenic Big Sur region.
Near Santa Clarita, residents of some 1,500 homes have been evacuated and authorities have found a burned body in a neighborhood. Shifting winds were pushing flames northeast through Angeles National Forest and toward the city of Acton, and residents were warned to prepare to leave, authorities said at a news conference.
The fire has ripped through brush withered by days of 100-degree temperatures and years of drought. "It started consuming houses that were non-defendable," Los Angeles County Deputy Fire Chief John Tripp said, describing the flames as charging through terrain "like a freight train."
Juliet Kinikin said Sunday that "there was panic" as the sky became dark with smoke and flames moved closer to her home a day earlier in the Sand Canyon area of Los Angeles County. (Read more)
- Father, once again, we come to You asking mercy in time of need. We pray for the family of the one who was lost, that You comfort each one; and we ask that no more lives be lost in this fire. We ask for Your grace to rest upon these firefighters as they seek to control this inferno, and we ask this in Your name, amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
6. Police hunt for motive in Munich shooting that killed 9 - Fox News
Police were hunting Saturday for clues to explain why an 18-year-old German-Iranian man opened fire at a crowded Munich shopping mall and fast-food restaurant, killing nine people and wounding at least 16 others before killing himself. Munich police chief Hubertus Andrae said "no evidence" of links to the Islamic State group has been found in the home and room of the suspect. Andrae also told a news conference that the crime and the perpetrator had "absolutely no" link to the issue of refugees.
The attack in the Bavarian capital sparked a massive security operation as authorities - already on edge after the recent attacks in Wuerzburg and Nice, France - received witness reports of multiple shooters carrying rifles shortly before 6 p.m. (1600 GMT). Six hours later police declared a "cautious all clear," saying the suspect was among the 10 dead and that he had likely acted alone.
Peter Beck, a Munich police spokesman, said officers were still collecting evidence at the scene of the crime Saturday morning. "With regard to the suspect we have to examine everything, but we don't know yet what triggered the crime," Beck told The Associated Press. (Read more)
See also: "Ali Sonboly: Everything we know about the Munich gunman" - The Telegraph UK (Go here.)
- Lord Jesus, we come before You asking for comfort for those who mourn the loss of their families in Germany. Hold them Lord until there is no more pain. We pray for healing over those who have been wounded. Father we ask You to visit those who do not know You and give them the truth of salvation.
Dear God, we now know that the man who shot and killed 9 and wounded 27 was named Al Sonboly and that he was of German and Arab descent. The police are stating that there is no connection to Islamic State but Father we see that he has the markings of a terrorist. Father God, give wisdom to those who are investigating this case and let the truth be known. God please protect our young people and give them discernment so that they are not lured into places where they will be harmed. King of heaven . . . bring peace and truth to Your world and let the chaos end. We pray in Your name, Amen.
- "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed." (Psalm 34:18)
7. ISIS supporters celebrate Munich killings on social media - Jerusalem Post
There was no immediate claim of responsibility but supporters of Islamic State celebrated the "likely terror attack" conducted in Munich, Germany Friday evening in what police believe was orchestrated by a lone gunman.
"Thank God, may God bring prosperity to our Islamic State men," read one tweet. "The Islamic state is expanding in Europe," read another.
Police said at least ten people were killed when a gunman on Friday evening attacked a busy shopping mall, spraying bullets as people fled in horror for safety from what police said was a terrorist attack. Police added that they believe the attacker had taken his own life in the aftermath of the assault. (Read more)
- Well, well, well Lord God Almighty, thankfully, those who participate with terrorism and the groups that fuel them, will have an equal opportunity in truly seeking You, and in doing so, will hopefully receive the workings and benefits of the Cross and Jesus' shed Blood, so that they can surely say that You, Lord God Almighty, are the ONE TRUE JEHOVAH MKADDESH, the ETERNAL SELF EXISTING ONE WHO SANCTIFIES. In Jesus name, Amen!
- "There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil . . ." (Proverbs 6:16-19)
8. French President Francois Hollande on Tour of Europe's Capitals to Push 'EU Army' - The Express Co. UK
The day before the Nice atrocity last week, Mr Hollande had announced a proposal to strengthen European defence policy. He said: "I note that our German friends are also prepared to be involved. We will therefore be able to launch this initiative together". The plans aim to increase the EU's ability "to make [military] commitments beyond its borders and to strengthen security in our partner countries and neighbours", Mr Hollande said in a speech.
Earlier the same day German defence minister Ursula von der Leyen called for Brussels to use Brexit as an opportunity to press ahead with greater military cooperation between member states. She said: "Britain consistently blocked everything that had Europe written on it."
Ms von der Leyen's plans, which have been approved by German Chancellor Angela Merkel, propose the establishment of 'a permanent European civil-military operational headquarters' and 'permanent structured co-operation in the defence sector'. The German minister claimed closer military ties between member states could help ease the frustration many voters feel about the EU's inability to tackle major issues. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that You set the nations of the earth in place, each with their own calling and destiny. We thank You, too, that every nation has the right to raise up a militia to protect its citizens. But Lord God in heaven, this plan has a different agenda: to merge the nations and their military into one . . . preparing for a New World Order and a global government. Father God, we ask that, if is it not yet the "set time" for this to come to pass, that You would send forth Your warring angels to prevent this scheme from coming to pass, in Your name, amen.
- [For the intercessors] "Behold, I have made you a new, sharp threshing sledge with double edges; You will thresh the mountains and pulverize them, And will make the hills like chaff." (Isaiah 41:15)
9. Russian warplanes reportedly bombed US base in Syria - Fox News
Russian warplanes reportedly bombed a secret military base in Syria used by elite American and British forces last month. The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that the Russian strike on the CIA-linked site was part of a campaign by Russia to pressure the White House to agree to closer cooperation in the Syrian skies, U.S. military and intelligence officials said.
Despite the fact that some forces could have been killed and the bombing dampened relations between Russia and the Pentagon and CIA, the White House and State Department still pursued a compromise. The U.S. and Russia agreed to a pact last week to target airstrikes against the Al Qaeda affiliate in the region - Nusra Front - despite objections from the Pentagon and CIA. Russia agreed to stop airstrikes on U.S.-backed rebels and restrain the Syrian air campaign. The two sides are still talking about designations where Russia would need U.S. approval to conduct an airstrike.(Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we see another compromised situation that our Government has placed us in. We seek Your wisdom for leaders who have our best interests at heart, as well as those of all Nations. We the People, who know You, shall be strong and carry out great exploits (Daniel 11:32), for You alone are Wise and worthy of all honor. May You be exalted among the Nations now and always. In Jesus name we pray. Amen!
- "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." (2 Chronicles 16:9)
10. Indian Air Force plane vanishes after takeoff - CNN
An Indian Air Force plane carrying 29 people went missing Friday morning during what was supposed to be a flight to an archipelago in the Indian Ocean, India's military said. A search was underway for the Antonov AN-32 transport plane, which took off from Chennai at 8:30 a.m. local time and was scheduled to land three hours later at Port Blair, in India's Andaman and Nicobar Islands, said Cmdr. Anupam Banerjee, spokesman for the Indian Air Force.
Air force, navy and coast guard crews were searching for the plane. Details on who was aboard the plane weren't immediately available. (Read more)
- JEHOVAH JIREH, our God whose provisions satisfy our needs, we thank You for revealing the whereabouts of this missing aircraft and those aboard it. We pray for their safety and for their lives being saved, and for peace and comfort for their families who await news of their recovery. In Jesus name we pray, Amen!
- "But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops." (Luke 12:2-3)
The Daily Jot
Friday, July 22, 2016
Changing from the change
In 2008, the current "president" ran on a theme of change. Americans, he said, wanted change they could believe in. He said he wanted to remake America. After eight years of change, Republican Presidential hopeful Donald Trump is betting that Americans want change again-this time a change away from the socialist horror show that has played out over the past years-record national debt, loss of jobs, open borders, terrorist attacks, racial tension, wealth redistribution, lawlessness, Constitutional undermining, destruction of traditional marriage, tax dollars for abortion (Planned Parenthood funding), and the list goes on and on. There is no end to the problems that have been created over the past eight years.
America needs change that's for sure. Problem is, without a true moral reformation in this country, there will be no real change.Change that needs to take place would be a change like recognizing and acknowledging God as the one true God, and keeping his commandments. This would lead to spiritual, social and economic restoration. It would lead to electing leaders who were chosen based on God's requirements for leadership-able men that fear God, men of truth, who hate covetousness. This would lead to parents teaching their children respect for law, that it is better to give than to take, that you work for what you get, and you rely on your ingenuity, your God-given talent, to make your way.
Yet when many politicians talk about change, they use words that find points of agreement, but in reality, they are talking about making abortion more available; giving more special rights to people who identify themselves with sexual perversion; growing the government even bigger; taxing Americans to feed, house and give jobs to the poor in other countries; taking our personal liberties away from us with intrusive laws and regulations; integrating our country with other civilizations who would impose their will upon the framework of our Constitution; and keep exporting jobs overseas so our workforce diminishes and becomes beholden to the government for sustenance.
America needs a change in its moral fiber to survive as a nation. This means doing the right things and choosing moral leaders. Jesus Christ said in John 14:15, "If you love me, keep my commandments." We have become a nation that seeks to hide the Commandments and the name of Jesus. Yet we want change from our current situation, which is become dark and void of God in favor of political correctness. Yes, Mr. Trump is correct. Americans want change. The question is: Do Americans want to change? If we as Americans, especially as Christian Americans, were able to change others by our example, there may well be enough wisdom in this country to solve the problems we say we want to change.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Persecuted Church
Christian Churches Targeted in Turkey During Military Coup
Christian churches in the predominantly Sunni Muslim country with a long history of Christian persecution became targets of violence as army coup threatened Turkey on July 15.
The Christian rights advocates group based in the Middle East, Middle East Concern (MEC), reported at least two cases of violence targeting Christian churches during Friday's failed military coup. Each targeted church also brought back memories of past violence against Christians.
One of the attacks happened in Trabzon. A group of 10 people attacked Santa Maria Church with paving stones and hammers to smash the windows and attempted to break in until Muslims in the neighborhood stopped them and drove them away. (Christian Times) Read more here.
There is a Redeemer, Jesus God's own Son
"No one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 3:11)
There is a redeemer, Jesus, gods own son, Precious lamb of god, messiah, Holy one,
Jesus my redeemer, Name above all names, Precious lamb of god, messiah, Oh, for sinners slain.
Thank you oh my father, For giving us your son, And leaving your spirit, til the work on earth is done.
When I stand in glory, I will see his face, And there Ill serve my king forever, In that holy place.
Thank you oh my father, For giving us your son, And leaving your spirit, til the work on earth is done.
There is a redeemer, Jesus, gods own son, Precious lamb of god, messiah, Holy one,Thank you oh my father, For giving us your son, And leaving your spirit, til the work on earth is done.
And leaving your spirit, till the work on earth is done.
Sung by Keith Green . . . in Memoriam
About the Author:
Words: Melody Green
Born: August 25, 1946, Hollywood, California. Melody Green is probably most loved for the songs she's written. "There Is A Redeemer" is found in church hymn books around the world, and reports of it being sung in villages in Africa and Asia are plentiful.
[Please be blessed by reading the amazing story of Melody's life, and ministry, by going here.]
Signs and Wonders
Strongest Flare of 2016
Pulses of radiation from the two flares ionized the top of Earth's atmosphere, causing a blackout of shortwave radio transmissions over the Pacific side of Earth. The explosions likely hurled CMEs into space. However, we won't know for sure until coronagraph images from SOHO become available later in the day.
Update: The explosions hurled an impressive CME into space: movie. The body of the cloud will not hit Earth. However, Earth could experience a glancing blow from shock waves on the outskirts of the cloud ~2 days from now. This has prompted NOAA forecasters to issue a minor geomagnetic storm warning for July 26th.
(SpaceWeather.com) Read more here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Revival in Iran: "I Want to be a Christian"
When we think of Iran, scenes of mobs shouting "death to America," blindfolded hostages, and radical leaders demanding nuclear technology come to mind.
But there's another side of the country: Iranians who love America, Israel, and Jesus Christ.
CBN News Middle East Bureau Chief Chris Mitchell met and talked with some of these Iranian Believers outside of their country in central Turkey.
When someone gets baptized in this house church, people clap and cheer like fans at a World Cup match. While they've suffered persecution and often fled for their lives, they still possess an infectious and joyous faith like Iranian believer Raizal. (CBN) Read more.
I Need You More - Kim Walker, Jesus Culture
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.
Join Our Prayer Canopy!
"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord And all the kings of the earth Your glory." (Psalm 102:15)
God is using His people to build a Canopy of Prayer across our nation, to stand in the gap before His Throne of Grace in repentance for our personal and national sins; and to pray against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
We meet at 7:00 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday, in an "open forum." We have no set agenda, but to seek Him daily for the burdens of His heart, and to pray them through . . .
All are welcome to join us in this exciting new venture, as we "join forces" with other ministries of intercessors on these nightly prayer calls.
We meet every evening, Monday through Friday
Time: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m.CDT/5:00 p.m.MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
You can learn more about the history of Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, as well as how Abba has now birthed our Prayer Canopy, by going here.