CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Alert! National Day of Rage Planned
for this Friday in 37 Cities Across America.
For details, see below.
PrayerSurgeNow covering this and other
critical topics on their calls. Go here for details.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
Come, my people, enter your chambers, And shut your doors behind you;
Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, Until the indignation is past.
"...do not use your freedom as a covering for evil..." (I Peter 2:16)
National Day of Rage: Friday
National "Day of Rage" Planned for this Friday, July 15th
Numerous sources are reporting that a "National Day of Rage" is now planned for this Friday, July 15th. These sources include the Gateway Pundit and Alerts USA.
Organizers are targeting 37 cities across the nation, launching the protests at the exact same hour, as: 7:00 p.m. EDT/6:00 p.m. CDT/5:00 p.m. MDT/4:00 p.m. PDT. (Note: this date now also coincides with the funeral services in Baton Rouge, LA, for Alton Sterling, earlier that day.) You can see the list of these 37 "targeted" cities by going here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners, in conjunction with PrayerSurgeNow is launching a PRAYER CANOPY over each of these cities by means of a nationwide conference call, to begin at 5:00 p.m. EDT - thereby getting out ahead of this planned night of violence, and interceding over each city to be named. We invite all of you to join us in this nationwide call to prayer by phoning 712-432-0075; Access Code: 6149782#
Our prayer points will be read over the phone, and we appreciate each of you honoring the leadership on this call (hour by hour), as well as limiting the length of your own intercession so that all who can may participate. Final note: for the first two hours, we will be covering these cities by time zone, asking those of you who live in those time zones to join us in praying protection for each city in your region.
Scripture references: Psalm 91 (entire chapter); Isaiah 59:19; Psalm 68:1; Psalm 149:6; 2 Chronicles 20:15
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Israel Slams UNESCO Over Efforts to 'Distort History' Ahead of Controversial Vote on Resolution That 'Deliberately Ignores' Historical Jewish Connection to Jerusalem, Temple Mount - Algemeiner
Israel's Foreign Ministry sharply rebuked a major United Nations agency on Monday for its efforts to "distort history" ahead of a controversial vote in which the historical Jewish ties to Jerusalem and the Temple Mount will be challenged.
In an open letter to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Director General of Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs Dore Gold said the "completely one-sided draft resolution on the Old City of Jerusalem . . . deliberately ignores the historical connection between the Jewish people and their ancient capital." (Read more)
2. Israel and European allies working to stop UNESCO from ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount - Jerusalem Post
Israel has enlisted the help of three European countries - the United Kingdom, France and Germany - to sway UNESCO against passing a resolution that ignores Jewish ties to the Temple Mount.
"There is an intense diplomatic effort on behalf of Israel to counter this text," said Foreign Ministry spokesman Emmanuel Nachshon.
He spoke in response to a push by Jordan and Palestine to sway the 21-members of UNESCO's World Heritage Committee to approve a resolution that speaks of the Temple Mount solely as how it is referred to in Islam, al-Haram al-Sharif.
The Committee is meeting in Istanbul from July 10 to 20 to vote on new sites for its World Heritage List. On Tuesday and Wednesday it will also be affirming and adding new sites to its endangered list. (Read more)
3. South Africans planned attacks on Jewish buildings and U.S. Embassy - Ynet News
South African twins arrested over the weekend were planning attacks on buildings owned by Jewish people and on the US Embassy in the capital Pretoria police said on Monday.
Quoting the charge sheet, the News24 news organisation said the twins had been attempting to fly to Syria. Security officials say there are no known militant groups operating in South Africa, but Britain and the United States warned in June of a high threat of attacks against foreigners in the country's shopping malls. (Read more)
4. Israel warns UN: Hezbollah has 120,000 missiles aimed at us - Jerusalem Post
Hezbollah now possesses 17 times the number of missiles it did 10 years ago when UN Security Council Resolution 1701 was adopted at the end of the Second Lebanon War, Israeli Ambassador to the UN Danny Danon told the Council Tuesday.
Hezbollah now has "more missiles below ground in Lebanon than the European NATO allies have above ground," Danon said as he presented recent IDF intelligence about the terrorist organization to the Security Council, including aerial photographs revealing Hezbollah positions and statistics about the organization's weapons stockpiles.
Hezbollah now possesses about 120,000 missiles, compared to 7,000 10 years ago, Danon said. (Read more)
5. IDF uncovers 16 secret Arab weapons factories - Israel National News
The Israeli army has closed 16 Arab weapons factories in Judea and Samaria in a major crackdown an IDF officer said on Tuesday.
"As part of our war against the production of homemade weapons, we have seized 200 weapons, ammunition and grenades and closed 16 illegal workshops since early 2016," Colonel Roman Gofman said.
In a conference call with reporters, he said the campaign also targeted Palestinian shops selling firecrackers, which can be used to make grenades and improvised explosive devices.
"Our operations have led to a surge in the price of weapons in general," Gofman said. (Read more)
6. US: Israel to get 8 Seahawk helicopters, related equipment - Israel Hayom
The U.S. has greenlighted the sale of eight SH-60F Seahawk helicopters and related equipment to Israel.
The Pentagon's Defense Security Cooperation Agency announced last week that after approving the sale of eight helicopter airframes, "the State Department has made a determination approving a possible foreign military sale to Israel for excess SH-60F Seahawk helicopter equipment and support."
In a letter dated July 6 to the U.S. Senate, the agency said the estimated cost for the related equipment was $300 million. (Read more)
7. Despite Global Criticism, Israel Approves Contentious 'NGO Law' - Haaretz
Israel's Knesset voted in favor of the so-called "NGO bill" late Monday, after holding a marathon debate over whether to grant final approval to the contentious bill, despite massive criticism both at home and abroad.
The law, which passed its second and third readings 57-48, mandates special reporting requirements for nongovernmental organizations that get most of their funding from foreign governments, and, according to critics, disproportionately targets human rights organizations. (Read more)
8. Abbas calls on UN Security Council to reject Quartet report - Jerusalem Post
The United Nations Security Council should reject the Quartet report on the conflict with Israel, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said on Wednesday.
It is presumed that the Quartet - Russia, the US, the EU and the UN - spent the extra time toning down the document under pressure from the US.
A top Palestinian official, Mohammad Shtayyeh, a member of Fatah's Central Committee, told The Jerusalem Post that with this report, "The Quartet has lost its credibility" and has become "totally useless when it comes to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict."
This report will be tossed on a shelf and will never be implemented, he predicted. This is a document of appeasement issued by the Quartet at the expense of the conflict in the region.(Read more)
9. In first, Israel elected to head a permanent UN committee - Times of Israel/UN Prayer Watch
For the first time ever, Israel was elected to head a permanent committee at the upcoming United Nations General Assembly, despite intense efforts by Arab and Muslim states to stop the nomination.
In a secret ballot Monday in New York, Israel's Ambassador to the UN Danny Danon was elected chairman of the GA's Sixth Committee, which deals with legal issues.
"This is a historic achievement for the State of Israel. We broke the glass ceiling: Despite the opposition of many countries, including Iran and others that tried to prevent the vote, we managed to be elected for the first time to head a committee at the UN," Danon said. (Read more)
- Father, we praise You for this news, and we thank You that, by this vote, Israel is now taking its rightful place among the nations. We ask Your wisdom to guide Ambassador Danon as he chairs this vital committee at the United Nations, in Your name, amen.
- "Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!" (Psalm 150:6)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Study: 'No racial differences' in cop shootings - WND
A new preliminary study that looked at police shootings in several major cities over 15 years has found that there are "no racial differences" when officers have to draw a weapon and fire at an individual, suggesting that movements such as 'Black Lives Matter' should go another direction from their current demands that cops change their behavior.
"The importance of our results for racial inequality in America is unclear," the study found. "It is plausible that racial differences in lower level uses of force are simply a distraction and movements such as 'Black Lives Matter' should seek solutions within their own communities rather than changing the behavior of police and other external forces." (Read more)
- Lord, we ask that these studies would become public knowledge, and be dealt with on a "case by case" basis. May all races work together to foster unity, and cut back on ignorance and violence. All lives matter, and You died for all. We pray people will come to know that love that You have for them, and they would come to know You as Saviour, and experience Your love shed abroad in their hearts for all their fellow men and women. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "And this hope will never disappoint us, because God has poured out his love to fill our hearts. He gave us his love through the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to us. When we were unable to help ourselves, at the right time, Christ died for us, although we were living against God." (Romans 5:5,6)
2. Lynch Mum on Clinton E-mail Probe At Tense House Hearing - Fox News
Attorney General Loretta Lynch repeatedly dodged and deflected specific questions Tuesday on the FBI's probe of Hillary Clinton's email use, referring Republicans to the FBI director instead of answering them herself - and leading to heated exchanges with top Republicans over the course of several hours of testimony.Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., said Lynch's "lack of clarity is bad for the republic."
During questioning before the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, also asked about the legality of sharing classified information outside the proper channels and other issues. Lynch said it would be unfair to give a blanket answer."I think you're sending a terrible message to the world," Chaffetz said. "The lack of clarity that you give to this body . . . is pretty stunning."
The exchanges were in keeping with the tense tone of a hearing where Republican lawmakers struggled - over and over - to draw detailed answers from the nation's top law enforcement official regarding the decision not to pursue charges against Clinton over her email use.She repeatedly deferred to FBI Director James Comey's comments on the case, declining to elaborate herself. (Read more)
- Abba, we are appalled at the "winking at sin", and the permeation of lawlessness in our Land, from our Attorney General to the "man in the street". Even the admission that Secretary Clinton used "very poor judgment" does not deter the people to vote for her to be President of our nation. Father, we ask for wise leaders, men and women who will follow You and uphold the laws of the land. A President, and/or Attorney General ought to be "well-versed" in the Law and committed to upholding it. Even Sec. Clinton was once an attorney, and should know the law and abide by it, even more than the average citizen. Give us leaders after Your own heart, we pray. Amen.
- "By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, because he preferred to endure the hardship of the people of God rather than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin." (Hebrews 11:24,25)
3. History Repeating Itself? Hillary has Knack for Eluding Jail - WND
While Hillary's 2016 presidential campaign will never admit federal prosecutors had prepared a written indictment charging her with criminal activity for her involvement in the Whitewater scandal, Judicial Watch has been able to identify the exact location in the National Archives where the Obama administration hides the incriminating documents.
On May 25, WND reported the Obama administration continues to suppress at least 12 versions of a 451-page draft indictment charging Hillary Clinton with criminal misconduct in the Whitewater case, according to an index in the National Archives obtained in a Freedom of Information Act request by the Washington-based watchdog Judicial Watch. One of the indictments specifically lists "overt acts" allegedly committed by the former first lady. (Read more)
- Abba, we are concerned when those who commit criminal acts are not tried in a court of law and those guilty are not prosecuted, or punished. We are horrified at the prospect of having a president who does not respect the rule of law, and, in effect, mocks it. We ask for godly leaders who will respect and live according to the law. Lawlessness is running wild in this country, and we ask for an end to that, and a return to You and abiding by Your Words and Your law, which brings righteousness to our nation. Save us, Lord, we pray! Amen.
- "And Jesus replied to them,"It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but [only] those who are sick. I did not come to call the [self-proclaimed] righteous [who see no need to repent], but sinners to repentance [to change their old way of thinking, to turn from sin and to seek God and His righteousness]."(Luke 5:31-33)
4. Trump Wants Justice Ginsburg to Resign for Attacking Him - Jewish Press
I think it's highly inappropriate that a United States Supreme Court judge gets involved in a political campaign, frankly," Republican presumptive nominee Donald Times told the NY Times following a Monday interview with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg . . . I think it's a disgrace to the court and I think she should apologize to the court," Trump told the Times. "I couldn't believe it when I saw it." (Read more)
- Again Lord, where is the respect we need to show one another, that a Supreme Court Justice would lower herself to comment on any candidates worthiness to serve in any capacity? Father, we ask for graciousness for Justice Ginsberg, regardless of her personal opinions. May she give the respect and honor all deserve, as she herself has been given respect and honor by the people of this nation. Thank You! Amen.
- "For this same reason you pay taxes, for civil authorities are God's servants, devoting themselves to governance. Pay to all what is due: tax to whom tax is due, customs to whom customs, respect to whom respect, honor to whom honor." (Romans 13:7,8)
5. Religious Liberty and Same-Sex Marriage Take Center Stage in Congress - The Daily Signal
The long-awaited hearing, called by Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, will examine how the Supreme Court's same-sex marriage decision has affected people who hold traditional views on marriage and review legislation that would protect those people from facing adverse actions by the government. (Read more)
- Father, have we gotten to the place of the government monitoring our thoughts and opinions? Our hearts sense the grieving of Your heart over this matter. We, as Your children, must stand for righteousness and live our lives in accordance with Your Word. We need to express that Word, when appropriate, and to do so in love. We ask for the courage to do so, and to bring glory to You. Give us wisdom, Lord, we pray, Amen.
- "My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1)
6. Iowa Civil Rights Agency Says it Won't Tell Pastors What to Preach on Sexuality - The Daily Signal
After a pastor raised concerns, Iowa's human rights agency says it will not muzzle churches that teach on matters of biblical sexuality, nor force them to open single-sex restrooms to members of the opposite sex. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for this good news, and ask that Your pastors will faithfully preach Your Word, and bring glory to You. May that Word fall as good seed on good soil in men's hearts, that they may give their hearts and lives to You, we pray! Amen.
- "My lips shall utter praise, For You teach me Your statutes. My tongue shall speak of Your Word, For all Your commandments are righteousness. Let Your hand become my help, For I have chosen Your precepts." (Psalm 119:171-173)
7. GOP moves to the right on Israel - CNN
A push to move the GOP to the right on Israel scored a preliminary victory Monday in Cleveland.
Delegates drafting the Republican National Convention platform approved removing language encouraging a two-state solution for Israelis and Palestinians. An earlier draft had included support for "two democratic states" -- the policy of recent Republican and Democratic administrations -- but had removed a reference to Palestine included in the GOP platform four years ago.
On Monday, the national security subcommittee of the Platform Committee approved an amendment dropping support of a two-state solution, according to four people who were in the room for the discussion. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You for this answer to prayer, and we ask that the blessing now due the GOP would be released to them, as they have blessed Your people. In Your name, amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:3)
8. Rare NATO-Russia meeting brings no breakthroughs on contentious issues - Washington Post
NATO allies met Wednesday with Russian officials to ease tensions over Western plans to deploy thousands of troops to the alliance's eastern flank, but hours of contentious talks yielded no breakthroughs.
The meeting of the NATO-Russia Council was only the second such conclave since Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimeaplunged relations to Cold War lows. It also came just days after a landmark NATO summit in Warsaw set out plans for open-ended deployments to Eastern Europe as a bulwark against Moscow's forces.
The plans to deploy about 4,000 NATO troops to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland are meant to alleviate fears in those nations that they could be next after Russia intervened in Ukraine. Russia has reacted to the NATO plans with fury, saying they create a security threat on its borders. (Read more)
- Father, we pray in the Spirit over all issues related to the interface between Russia and our NATO allies, in Your name, amen.
- "Pray without ceasing . . ." (2 Thess. 5:18)
9. Russian authorities briefly detained and then deported the person that oversees U.S. government broadcasting overseas - CBS News
Russian authorities briefly detained and then deported the chief of the board that oversees U.S. government broadcasting overseas, including the Voice of America and Radio Free Europe, the agency said Wednesday, the latest move amid heightening friction between Washington and Moscow. The Broadcasting Board of Governors said in a statement that its chairman, Jeff Shell, was denied entry into Russia on arriving at Moscow's main international airport late Tuesday despite having a valid U.S. passport and Russian visa. He was detained in a locked room for several hours before being escorted onto a flight to Amsterdam. (Read more)
- Lord have mercy! We ask Your hand of protection to rest upon all of our people who are now residing or visiting inside Russia, in Your name, amen.
- "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14:14)
10. Iran sought chemical and biological weapons in 2015, says German intel - Fox News
Iran aggressively pursued biological and chemical weapons technology even as it negotiated an international deal to drop its nuclear program, according to a German intelligence report that followed a similar finding the Islamic Republic sought nuclear materials.
The revelation, in a report by the state of Rhineland-Palatinate's intelligence agency, found the Islamic Republic's operatives targeted German companies whose equipment could be "implemented for atomic, biological and chemical weapons in a war."
"These goods could, for example, be applied to the development of state nuclear and missile delivery programs," said the intelligence experts.
Another passage in the document notes that, "special attention was paid in the report's time period to proliferation-relevant activities of Iran, Pakistan and North Korea." (Read more)
- Lord God, let us always govern wisely in all matters related to Iran. We stand in the gap for our own government, that continues to forge ties with that nation, even as we overlook their own violations of this nuclear treaty. Help us, O Lord, we pray. Amen.
- "I put no trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame." (Psalm 44:6,7)
11 South China Sea: Philippines wins court ruling against China - CNN
An international tribunal in The Hague ruled in favor of the Philippines in a maritime dispute Tuesday, concluding China has no legal basis to claim historic rights to the bulk of the South China Sea.
Chinese President Xi Jinping rejected the decision by the Permanent Court of Arbitration, which is likely to have lasting implications for the resource-rich hot spot, which sees $5 trillion worth of shipborne trade pass through each year. "China will never accept any claim or action based on those awards," Xi said. China had boycotted the proceedings.
The tribunal concluded that China doesn't have the right to resources within its "nine-dash line," which extends hundreds of miles to the south and east of its island province of Hainan and covers some 90% of the disputed waters.
China's Ambassador to the United States, Cui Tiankai, accused the tribunal of "professional incompetence" and "questionable integrity." Speaking at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, he accused the United States of engaging in military exercises that constituted "military coercion." (Read more)
- Father God, we do praise You for this victory, and we ask You to release a spirit of restraint upon the leaders of China, that would block any form of retaliation. Thank You, Lord, amen.
- "For the kingdom is the LORD'S And He rules over the nations." (Psalm 22:28)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, July 13, 2016 On the precipice of bondage: A prophetic warning for America
Proverbs 29:2 says, "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn." Throughout the Bible, we see examples of where unrighteous rulers brought devastation upon their people. We see that God uses nations to judge Israel, and in their harshness and wickedness against Israel, YHVH then allows for the destruction of those nations. It is in these examples where the citizens of America must take great pause and repent because the vast majority of its leaders, irrespective of political party, behave unrighteously. These leaders also are enabling the enemies of Jerusalem to organize and unite under faux-democracy. It may be the perfect storm for America.
Galatians 4 speaks of how Christians are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free. This is specifically dealing with those who follow the Messiah are not heirs of Ishmael, but are children of the promise--which is found in the line of Isaac, son of the "freewoman." Galatians 5:1 says, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith the Messiah has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Aside from the outright depravity permeating our American society, which is no small thing, America's leaders are taking our country--physically and spiritually--toward Ishmael, who is the father of Islam. Our leaders have rushed headlong into alliance with the most antichrist system known to the world.
Over the past decade, billions of dollars of our tax money has supported establishing Islam. So-called "democracies" are being set-up with Sharia Law constitutions using the financial and political assistance of the United States. In every case, from deposing the Shah of Iran to the Palestinian Authority to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Kosovo, Bosnia, Turkey, Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Yeman, and Syria, your leaders and your money has been and is being used to institutionalize the very same nations named as coming against Jerusalem in the Day of the Lord. Zechariah 12:3 says, "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces..."
America's sinful nature combined with its leaders insistence of becoming "entangled" with the yoke of bondage through materially supporting the antichrist system of the bondwoman--Islam--can only result in destruction. Already, our economy is weak, our people are out of work, folks are losing their homes, families are broken, and the government is encroaching on every freedom. The consequences of our leadership is brooding over America like a dark devouring cloud. How difficult will these consequences be because Americans, whose majority call themselves Christians, have been given the God-ordained right to choose their leaders? There is a fine line between freedom and bondage, and America is treading the micro-pixels of it.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
SPECIAL CONFERENCE CALL
News from PrayerSurgeNow:
SPECIAL CONFERENCE CALL
. . . and other activities July 14 - 16
An Open Invitation to the Body of Christ
Special Prayer Conference Calling Across America
In advance, during, after "Day of Rage" this Friday evening July 15, 5-9 pm Eastern or longer
Intercessory response to "Day of Rage" in dozens of cities throughout our nation. Please read CHPP letter posted above.
EXTENDED DAILY PRAYER CAMPAIGN FOR USA
Desperate Intercession for Deliverance & Destiny
Tomorrow 7/14, Friday 7/15, *Saturday 7/16 8-10 am ET, 7-9 am CT, 6-8 am MT, 5-7 am PT
Call: 712-432-0075 Code: 6149782# Mute: *6
7/14 Facilitators: Nga Dang, www.asknetwork.net, John Robb, www.ipcprayer.org, Dai Sup Han, www.prayersurgenow.net
Special Guests: Ivan & Linda Doxtator, www.fncm.us
For details, please visit www.nationalhighwayofprayer.net.
*This Saturday morning, 7:30-11 am, conf call details are posted on www.prayersurgenow.net
Or go here . . .
The Persecuted Church
Nigeria: Woman Preacher Hacked to Death
A female preacher was hacked to death in the early hours of 9 July near Nigeria's capital.
Eunice Elisha, a mother of seven, had gone out to preach as was usual, her husband, Olawale Elisha, a Redeemed Church of God Pastor, told local media.
Later, two of their sons, who had been practising football, heard that a woman had been killed while preaching.
"I told my children that it couldn't be their mother, but they insisted we should go there and check," Elisha said . "When we got there, we didn't see anybody, they had even covered her blood with sand."
A police officer confirmed a killing had taken place and that the body had been taken to a police station in Kubwa, on the outskirts of Abuja.
"At the entrance of the station I saw a pickup van coming out," Elisha said. "Inside it I saw the lifeless body of my wife at the back of the pickup van. At this point, my children and I burst into tears."
Eunice Elisha was 42. Her surviving husband called her a zealous Christian who "rarely missed a day in church".
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
THE CHURCH'S ONE FOUNDATION
"No one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 3:11)
The Church's one foundation Is Jesus Christ her Lord, She is His new creation By water and the Word. From heaven He came and sought her To be His holy bride; With His own blood He bought her And for her life He died.
She is from every nation, Yet one o'er all the earth; Her charter of salvation, One Lord, one faith, one birth; One holy Name she blesses, Partakes one holy food, And to one hope she presses, With every grace endued.
The Church shall never perish! Her dear Lord to defend, To guide, sustain, and cherish, Is with her to the end: Though there be those who hate her, And false sons in her pale, Against both foe or traitor She ever shall prevail.
Though with a scornful wonder Men see her sore oppressed, By schisms rent asunder, By heresies distressed: Yet saints their watch are keeping, Their cry goes up, "How long?" And soon the night of weeping Shall be the morn of song!
'Mid toil and tribulation, And tumult of her war, She waits the consummation Of peace forevermore; Till, with the vision glorious, Her longing eyes are blest, And the great Church victorious Shall be the Church at rest.
Yet she on earth hath union With God the Three in One, And mystic sweet communion With those whose rest is won, With all her sons and daughters Who, by the Master's hand Led through the deathly waters, Repose in Eden land.
O happy ones and holy! Lord, give us grace that we Like them, the meek and lowly, On high may dwell with Thee: There, past the border mountains, Where in sweet vales the Bride With Thee by living fountains Forever shall abide!
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: Samuel J. Stone, 1866
Music: Samuel S. Wesley, 1864
Signs and Wonders
NASA cuts live feed as 'mysterious UFO enters atmosphere'
UFO enthusiasts have accused NASA, which oversees the International Space Station, of shuttering a curious feed they say gives new life to signs of life in other parts of the galaxy.
UFO hunter Streetcap1 first noticed the shut-down, saying the ISS stream at first showed an object moving across the screen. Then the object stopped, and the feed went blank, the Mirror reported.
"This could well be a meteor or the like," Streetcap1 said, in a video posted shortly after viewing the shutdown of the ISS feed. "[But] what made it interesting was that the camera cut off when the UFO seemed to stop."
Other UFO watchers suggested the white object seen on the ISS feed could be Tiangong-1, China's space cargo ship.
But Streetcap1 was certain the object was curious. . . (World Net Daily)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Britain's Next Prime Minister: Faith is 'Part of Who I Am'
The woman about to become the next prime minister of Britain identifies with the Christian faith but is not likely to talk publicly about it.
In 2014 Theresa May told a BBC interviewer that she valued her Christian beliefs.
"It is part of me," May said. "It is part of who I am and therefore how I approach things."
She also noted however that she likes that faith is not discussed in UK politics as it is in the United States.
"I think it's right that we don't flaunt these thing here in British politics," she said "But it is a part of me. It's there and it obviously helps to frame my thinking and my approach."
Jesus Culture - "Break Every Chain"
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.