Enjoy a special blessing today!
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
"Standing Together in the Kingdom of God . . .
Under the Cross of Christ"
"For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth."
(2 Corinthians 13:8)
Join us again in prayer tonight at 7:00 p.m. EDT as we continue to raise up the Prayer Canopy across our nation every night this week.
Our conference number is: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 290787#
At 8:00 p.m., join PrayerSurgeNow for another hour of prayer. For all details, please go here.
Updates from the RNC
Updates from the RNC
1. Trump closes the deal, becomes Republican nominee for president - Fox News
Donald Trump - the billionaire businessman who built a real estate empire, parlayed that success into a hit TV show and then shifted gears to become a convention-defying political sensation - closed the biggest deal of his life Tuesday in Cleveland, formally becoming the Republican nominee for president.
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence joined him on the ticket shortly afterward, as he was easily nominated for vice president.
Trump's home state of New York put him over the top, with enough delegates to cross the threshold of the 1,237 needed to claim the nomination. Son Donald Trump, Jr., speaking for the delegation alongside other Trump family members, shouted, "Congratulations Dad, we love you" -- as the giant TV screen on the floor declared him "Over the Top."(Read more)
2. GOP brass rally party behind Trump after convention nomination - Fox News
Republican congressional leaders, joined by vanquished primary candidates, immediately worked to rally the party behind Donald Trump Tuesday night after their national convention formally nominated him for president - with House Speaker Paul Ryan calling on voters to hit the polls like never before and "see this thing through."
"Our candidates will be giving their all, they'll be giving their utmost, and every one of us has got to go and do the same," Ryan said from the convention podium in Cleveland. (Read more)
3. Chaotic protests hold up lawmakers outside GOP convention complex - Fox News
Angry street protests created havoc Tuesday at the Republican National Convention, forcing the Secret Service to temporarily suspend transportation for lawmakers and other officials trying to get to and from events within the roughly 1.5-square-mile complex.
Among the most chaotic scenes was a tense, midday standoff at an intersection close to where GOP congressmen and others do interviews at the TV networks' makeshift studios -- halting traffic and sending nearly a hundred police officers to the scene.
The incident involved Trump and anti-Trump protesters, Black Lives Matter members and self-described anarchists.
Police in riot gear and on bicycles diffused the situation by separating the groups before violence erupted. (Read more)
4. The Republican and Democratic Platforms: No Comparisons - Family Research Council
Talk about night and day! It's difficult to overstate just how fundamentally different the Republican and Democratic Party Platforms are from each other. For starters, there's the fact that the GOP openly televises their platform drafting process on C-SPAN for all to see, while the Democrats do their drafting behind closed doors-fitting for a party led by a president whose " administration is one of the most secretive " in history. (Read more)
5. One America Again: Rudy Giuliani's Words Ring True for the USA - Breaking Christian News
Do black lives matter? Of course they do! But so do ALL lives! ALL lives in America matter, because we are together-ONE people, one country and one nation under God. (Read more)
6. The Powerful Prayer Given by Rabbi Ari Wolf at the Opening of the GOP Convention - Charisma News
"Lord God, we live in perilous and dangerous times. Today, our beloved country is under attack. Our family values and our moral principles and even our very democracy is threatened. We beseech You for Your continued watchfulness and protections as we renew our covenant of faith with You and with each other." -Rabbi Ari Wolf (Read more)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. On Lebanon war anniversary, PM vows 'iron fist' response to attacks - Times of Israel
Israel will offer a "powerful response" if it is attacked by terror groups Hezbollah or Hamas, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Tuesday at a ceremony marking 10 years since the Second Lebanon War.
Netanyahu described the 2006 war as "a clash between an extremist terror organization with an Islamist ideology and a free democratic Israel." (Read more)
2. Iranian threat tops Hamas and IS, Liberman tells Knesset panel - Times of Israel
Iran remains the largest threat to Israel, surpassing even terror groups Hamas and Islamic State, Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman said Monday, days after world leaders touted the year-old deal with Tehran over its nuclear program as having successfully made the world safer.
"No other country faces so many threats: the Islamic State in Sinai, Hamas and Islamic Jihad in Gaza, Hezbollah in Lebanon and al-Qaeda in Syria, but above all of these is Iran," Liberman said in his first briefing as defense minister before the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee. (Read more)
3. Wide-scale arrests following exposure of illegal weapons industry - YNET News
Six-hundred policemen arrested 63 suspects on Monday morning as part of a wide-scale operation during which a secret agent with a false criminal identity exposed a wide-scale illicit weapons industry in Arab sectors of society.
The undercover agent documented dozens of weapons acquisition and drugs deals which has led to the arrest of the suspects.
During the operation, dubbed 'Operation 500,' the agent acquired twelve improvised Carlo sub-machine guns, three Kalashnikov assault rifles, two improvised M-16 machine guns, four handguns, tear grenades, ammunition and large quantities of cocaine, hashish and marijuana. (Read more)
4. Despite detente, Erdogan may find Israel too good a scapegoat to resist - Times of Israel
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is likely to start blaming Israel for the attempted coup that threatened to depose him over the weekend, due to a perceived connection between the Jewish state and the cleric he accuses of instigating the putsch, a leading Israeli expert on Turkey said.
Erdogan blames the Turkish cleric Fethullah Gülen, now in exile in Pennsylvania, for instigating the failed coup. Gülen, who denies the allegations, has had ties with various Jewish groups and in the 1990s met with Israel's chief rabbi and a senior Israeli diplomat.
"Even though Turkish and Israeli leaders are saying that the coup won't affect the rapprochement between the two countries, in my mind it's just a question of time until Erdogan starts talking about Israel in the context of the coup," Bar-Ilan University's Efrat Aviv told The Times of Israel on Tuesday. (Read more)
5. MK impeachment bill passes final vote - Jerusalem Post
The Knesset was passed a much-disputed law allowing legislators to impeach errant colleagues in a final vote overnight Tuesday.
The bill, spearheaded by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and adopted by Knesset Constitution, Law and Justice Committee chairman Nissan Slomiansky (Bayit Yehudi), allows MKs to vote to dismiss a fellow lawmaker for incitement to violence or racism, and support for armed conflict against Israel, which are among the reasons cited in the Basic Law: Knesset for banning a party or person from running. (Read more)
6. Jerusalem mayor says he'll avoid pride parade to not offend religious - Times of Israel
A year after Jerusalem's pride parade was beset by deadly violence and amid a roiling scandal of anti-gay comments by prominent rabbinical figures, the capital's mayor said he would not attend the highly charged march for fear of offending the religious community, in an interview published Wednesday.
Nir Barkat told newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth that while he supported the LGBT community's right to march, he could not personally participate.
"It is their right to march. The city of Jerusalem, myself and the police will do everything possible to allow them to enjoy that right. But they must know that it offends others. Tolerance means not only permitting people to march but also to find the way for them to do so without hurting the sensibilities or the feelings of others," Barkat told the popular tabloid. (Read more)
7. Dore Gold: The way it is now, peace talks won't go very far - Times of Israel
Foreign Ministry director-general Dore Gold on Wednesday indicated that Israeli-Palestinians peace negotiations were doomed to fail as long as Ramallah continues to glorify terrorists.
In a video posted to the Foreign Ministry's Twitter account, Gold also called on Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to "tear down" a recently erected monument of a terrorist who carried out a deadly attack 41 years ago, recalling having witnessed the bombing when he was a student living in Jerusalem.
"The way it is now, we're not going to be able to get very far in any kind of negotiation. Because negotiation requires a culture of peace and not a culture of death," Gold says in the video.
"So I am hoping that Mahmoud Abbas, who heads the PA, who heads the Fatah movement, will tear down that monument." (Read more)
8. Top Trump advisor to 'Jerusalem Post': Settlement annexation legitimate if PA continues to avoid real peace - Jerusalem Post
Israeli annexation of settlements in the West Bank could be viewed by a Trump administration as a legitimate way for Israel to move forward if the Palestinians continue to avoid a real and genuine peace deal, David Friedman, a senior advisor to Donald Trump, told The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday.
Speaking as the Republican Party convention entered its second day in Cleveland, Friedman, who advises Trump on matters related to Israel, said that in his view, settlements in the West Bank were not illegal and were not the real impediment to peace with the Palestinians.
"The impediment to peace is very clear in both of our minds and that is the failure of the Palestinians to renounce hatred and renounce violence," Friedman said. "Everything else is barely important."
Friedman, a Manhattan-based attorney for Donald Trump and president of the American Friends of Bet El Institutions who serves as an Israel advisor to Trump alongside Jason Greenblatt, told the Post that in his view annexation of the settlements would be a legitimate way for Israel to move forward.
"If there is no agreement with the Palestinians, Israel has to move forward and maybe there is another path and a better path that is not a two-state solution and obviously under those circumstances that [annexation D.Z.] is certainly an option," he said "I don't know when or if that would be implemented but it's certainly not a third rail in terms of options. It is certainly a legitimate possibility." (Read more)
The Daily Brief
Every prayer below is presented to our Lord in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1. Trump Secures Nomination, Moves to Heal Republican Party - VOA
Republicans officially nominated Donald Trump to be their presidential candidate Tuesday on the second day of their national convention in Cleveland. Former Trump rivals and Republican leaders rallied behind the New York billionaire as the party moves to close ranks and take on presumptive Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You for Your protection of those attending the Republican Convention this week in Cleveland, and ask that any and all demonstrations against the candidate, or the convention will remain peaceful, and no one will be injured or killed. We ask for wisdom for those in charge of security. We ask for Your revelation of any and all plans to disrupt this gathering, so that they could deal with it before it happens. We pray for party unity as they unite behind their candidate. Give him wisdom and compassion, we pray, and may all go well for him. Amen.
- "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing and perfect will. For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has given each of you." (Romans 12:2-4)
2. Decision on Clinton E-mail Deposition Expected Soon - The Hill
A federal judge on Monday declined to order the deposition of Hillary Clinton over whether she deliberately thwarted federal record-keeping laws - but did not rule out the possibility that the former secretary of State may yet be forced to testify. U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan said he would issue a ruling "as soon as I can," prolonging the uncertainty in a protracted legal battle over Clinton's use of a private email server while in office.
The conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, which has brought a bevy of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits against the State Department, argued before Sullivan that Clinton needs to be deposed to answer its questions about how and why the unauthorized system was created and maintained. The group has requested three hours of testimony. (Read more)
- Abba, we bring this "never ending" saga to You. We thank You that You are the Supreme Court Judge of the Universe, and that You represent Truth. We ask for accountability for Mrs. Clinton to the American people. We ask that she be unable to lie further, and that she will throw herself on the "mercy of the court". May the truth come forth and be dealt with accordingly. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with malice. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongues they tell lies. Declare them guilty, O God! Let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against You." (Psalm 5:9,10)
3. Kansas police officer shot and killed responding to shooting report - Fox News
A Kansas City, Kan. police officer was shot and killed Tuesday afternoon while responding to a reported drive-by shooting. Officials said Capt. Robert David Melton, 46, was pronounced dead at University of Kansas Hospital at 2:55 p.m. local time. (Read more)
- Father God, here we are again . . . praying for another family who are grieving the loss of their loved one . . . a law enforcement officer. Come, Lord Jesus, come . . . We place the thin red line of Your shed blood over the thin blue line of policemen who are stationed all across our nation, asking for Your Hand of protection to rest upon each one, in Your Name, amen.
- "Comfort ye, comfort ye, My people." (Isaiah 40:1)
4. House Passes Protection for Health Care Providers Who Don't Perform Abortions - Weekly Standard
The House of Representatives passed a bill Wednesday that aims to prevent the federal government from discriminating against healthcare providers that do not provide abortions. The Conscience Protection Act of 2016, which passed the House on a vote of 245-182, requires that "the Office for Civil Rights of the Department of Health and Human Services, in coordination with the Department of Justice (DOJ) . . . investigate complaints alleging discrimination based on an individual's religious belief, moral conviction, or refusal to be involved in an abortion." (Read more)
- Father, we praise You for Your protection over those individuals who find that abortions violate their consciences. We ask that this legislation becomes law, and, as a result, lives will be saved and consciences soothed. We ask that more health providers would remember their vows to "do no harm" and would have their consciences pricked by Your Holy Spirit, if and when they would provide abortions. We thank You, Lord, for this piece of legislation and we ask that You would prosper it through the process of becoming law. In Your Name, we pray, Amen.
- "Just let your 'Yes' be a simple 'Yes', and your 'No' a simple 'No'; anything more than this has its origin in evil." (Matthew 5:37)
5. Kids' Channel, Nickelodeon, Debuting Cartoon Featuring Gay Couple - News Max
The children's channel Nickelodeon is featuring a bi-racial same-sex married couple for the first time in its cartoon series, The Loud House, Variety reports. (Read more)
- Father, our hearts are grieved to see this evil agenda being perpetrated upon our young children. Obviously, the "intent" is to make our children believe that being gay or lesbian is the "norm." We ask that parents will realize the importance of teaching their children right from wrong; and that they will answer to You for how they do that. Protect these young, impressionable minds from evil being presented as "good". Thank You, Lord. Amen.
- "So, the greatest in the Kingdom is whoever makes himself as humble as this child. Whoever welcomes one such child in My Name welcomes Me; and whoever ensnares one of these little ones who trust Me, it would be better for him to have a millstone hung around his neck and be drowned in the open sea! Woe to the world because of snares! For there must be snares, but woe to the person who sets the snare!" (Matthew 18:4-7)
6. Obama Administration Asks U.S. Supreme Court to Rehear Immigration Case - News Max
In a last-ditch effort to revive a White House plan to protect up to 4 million immigrants from deportation, the Obama administration on Monday asked the U.S. Supreme Court to rehear a case on which the eight-member court was split 4-4 last month. The June 23 high court decision left in place a lower court ruling that blocked the plan, which has never been in effect. The court is currently one justice short following the death of Justice Antonin Scalia in February.
In a filing, the Justice Department asked the court to take a second look at the case once it has a full complement of nine justices. It is unclear when that would be, as the Republican-controlled U.S. Senate has declined to act on Obama's nominee, appeals court judge Merrick Garland. As such, even if the Supreme Court was to grant the request, it is unlikely to rule on the case until well after Obama leaves office in January.
The plan was tailored to let roughly 4 million people - those who have lived illegally in the United States at least since 2010, have no criminal record and have children who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents - get into a program that shields them from deportation and supplies work permits.(Read more)
- Lord, as children, when we didn't like the results of a competition, we asked for a "do-over", hoping for a different result. Apparently, our president is doing the same. He "lost" in his bid to the Supreme Court to protect up to 4 million illegal immigrants from being lawfully deported, and, by doing so, secure their votes for his Democratic Party in the Fall. Father, we ask that the Supreme Court will refuse to rehear the case, but rather keep the vote as is, and deport these immigrants before the election in November.
- "The Lord your God commands you this day to follow these decrees and laws; carefully observe them with all your heart and with all your soul. You have declared this day that the Lord is your God, and that you will walk in obedience to Him, that you will keep His decrees, commands and laws -- that you will listen to Him." (Deuteronomy 26:15-17)
7. Fate of Virginia felon voting rights in hands of state court - AP
Gov. Terry McAuliffe's administration urged the Virginia Supreme Court Tuesday to throw out a challenge to his restoration of voting rights for about 206,000 felons in time for the November elections, arguing that the governor acted within his power.
The question justices are weighing after Tuesday's oral arguments is whether Virginia's constitution allows governors to restore voting rights en masse, or requires them to consider each former offender's case individually.
The governor's order enabled every Virginia felon who completed their sentence and finished any supervised release, parole or probation requirements as of April 22 to vote, run for public office, serve on a jury and become a notary public.
At the time, the administration estimated that about 206,000 people would qualify, a number that has already grown with more restorations of rights in the months since.
Republicans want the Supreme Court to prohibit election officials from registering these felons and to cancel the more than 11,600 voter registrations made since the governor's initial order. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that, at the state level, too, a Supreme Court is in place to judge the actions of the Executive Branch (the governor). We thank You for this appeal, and we ask for justice, in Your Name, amen.
- "He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints." (Proverbs 2:8)
8. US denies secret document that would allow 2027 Iranian nuclear breakout - Jerusalem Post
The United States denied on Monday night a reported secret appendage to the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers that would allow Tehran to yield an atomic bomb by the year 2027. "There is no secret document or secret deal," US State Department Deputy Spokesman Mark Toner said.
The US response came in light of an AP report Monday that the news agency had allegedly obtained a so-far publicly undisclosed document that lowers the time the Islamic Republic would need to develop a nuclear bomb to six months after the restrictions of the agreement are lifted. (Read more)
- Father God, even the thought of a nuclear Iran brings fear to our hearts. We ask that all of the "fine print" in this negotiated deal would come to light and be examined with a "fine tooth comb." Father, we ask for Your protection, amen.
- "For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth."
(2 Corinthians 13:8)
9. Airline ticket sales suspended for Russians traveling to Turkey - rt.com
After a directive from the Russian aviation authority Aeroflot has stopped selling Russian citizens tickets to Turkey. Rosaviation has banned Russians from traveling to Turkey due to the political turmoil in the country.
The airline was forced to introduce the restrictions following the Rosaviation decision, which bans citizens of the Russian Federation from travelling to Turkey starting July 16, 2016.
Rosaviation said the restriction will be in place until the political situation in Turkey improves. On Sunday, 450 tourists returned to Russia. Aeroflot sent empty planes to Turkey so that Russians could return home. (Read more)
- Lord God, we ask that You intervene to lessen the tensions that now exist between these two nations. Only You are able to do this, so we turn to You now, in Your name, amen.
- "For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation . . . that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity." (Ephesians 2:14,16)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Turkey, Iran and the Prophecy clock
Two events on the world stage in the past week have possibly contributed to the end time prophecy clock ticking forward. Turkey's failed coup and Iran's revelation of a side agreement that allows it to develop a nuclear weapons program sooner than had previously been reported are two events involving nations of the coalition that come against Israel in a colossal end time battle prophesied in Ezekiel 38. Ezekiel 38:2 says, "...set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against them." Magog, Meshech, Tubal are all located in what is now modern Turkey. Verse 5 says, "Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them..." Persia is modern day Iran.
Associated Press Monday published an investigative story claiming it had obtained a copy of one of the side agreements of the Iranian nuclear deal that gave Iran the ability to enrich uranium in half the time the White House had told America. The story then was pulled and replaced by a much shorter story on how Iran's Foreign Minister bragged about expanding the nation's nuclear program as part of the agreement. A year ago when the "president" was negotiating with the terror state he denied there were side agreements. Iran, however, has continued developing non-nuclear parts of a nuclear weapons system, testing missiles, chanting the mantra "death to America," and claiming it will annihilate Israel.
The original AP story that was replaced said "the document is the only secret text linked to last year's agreement between Iran and six foreign powers. It says that after a period between 11 to 13 years, Iran can replace its 5,060 inefficient centrifuges with up to 3,500 advanced machines. Since those are five times as efficient, the time Iran would need to make a weapon would drop from a year to six months. Iran says its enrichment is peaceful, but the program could be used for nuclear warheads. Two diplomats providing the information Monday demanded anonymity because they weren't authorized to do so." The American "president" lied to the world in saying that the Iran deal made the Middle East safer.
Turkey's attempted coup will likely accelerate its "president's" desires to ditch democracy for Islamic Sharia rule. The recent Islamic State terrorist attack in that country is an indicator of how Islam works-violence begets solidification. Turkey has been assisting IS since its inception. Currently, Turkey and Iran are rivals as they are positioning for control of the Middle East. We know, however, that Magog (Turkey) eventually leads and Persia follows. These players represent both Shiite and Sunni Muslims who unite against Israel in the "acharit-hayamim," meaning the end of days. God will destroy them with earthquakes, fire and brimstone. Ezekiel 38: 21 says, "...every man's sword shall be against his brother." Tick-tock goes the Prophecy clock.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
The show in Cleveland
Let me preface this Jot by saying that while I have read various accounts and have seen some video of the Republican Convention in Cleveland, I have not watched it live. For me, it's all a show. It's politics. Conventions are designed to showcase the party's platform and to gin up support from the various demographics needed to put together a victory in November. From blowhard pontificators to Muslims praying for peace, the GOP convention has something for everybody. It raises the caution flag for some. It solidifies support from others. Overall, it's politics. I didn't watch the convention. I won't watch the Democratic Party convention. Hot air. Ear tickling. Politicians. Come November, I know what to do.
Folks, there will be a lot of fur flying between now and November. It's a lot of noise. When you get down to it, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. Many dislike the choices we have. The remedy to that has long passed as to impact the choices, one has to have early involvement in the local committees. Reagan-era Christian Republicans did this. Since that time, preachers have been preaching that Christians shouldn't be involved in politics. So we get what we get when we listen to the whitewashed sepulchers. The choice of the lesser of two evils is repulsive to many. But there is a choice and one is far more evil than the other. We are not electing a pastor-but we really don't do too well at that either-just saying.
When I look at the political landscape as it currently exists, there is no way that I personally can accept another four years of socialism on steroids and the possibility of putting communists in the majority of the Supreme Court. That would change the nature of our country for the next century-seriously. I'm particularly sensitive to the socialist/communist trend in the Democratic and Republican parties because this type of political system requires that religion and morals are abolished in submission to government. This is where our country has been heading. It is deeply disturbing, but unless those with the light of Christ can engage outside the four walls of their churches, the nation will continue in this direction.
To not participate in this election, in my opinion, is a cowardly act rather than one of principle. No offense intended to those who believe otherwise, but if you are offended, this kind of statement is hitting a raw nerve for some reason. We as Christians must start somewhere to bring this country back. God gave us the freedom to choose. Exercising that choice to the best of our values with what is before us is our liberty. Keep in mind that no man (or woman) will magically lead our country to morality, justice and righteousness. That must come from the hearts of the countrymen. And that results from the example of those who are disciples of Christ. As Ephesians 5:15-16 says, "See that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." Focus on substance, not the show.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Pray for Turkey
Global Wave of Prayer for Turkey
Praying Friends, you have no doubt followed the news of the attempted coup in Turkey which has put that nation into a critical and potentially dangerous situation. Here is a call to prayer from one of our brothers connected with that land which I am forwarding on to you. Please do NOT post this on any websites or social media.
Thanks for your support in this way,
International Prayer Council
Global Wave of Prayer for Turkey
Now that the immediate threat from the attempted coup has subsided we are entering into some very important days for the nation. Things are moving very quickly. bActions and decisions made over the next few days have the potential to significantly impact the future pattern and fabric of Turkish society.
In recognition of this, ITN is calling you to join with us in an intense period of global prayer for the nation of Turkey over the next day and a half starting right now and extending through to 6am on Thursday July 21st Turkey time (see this link for a selection of other time zones).
> > > Read update and briefing here.
Will you join us un the Global Wave of Prayer for Turkey?
Would you mobilize your churches, networks and friends to join you in this? Have them contact us at email@example.com and we will add them to this mailing list. We would love to hear from you that you are engaging in this.
God bless you and God bless the people of Turkey!
International Turkey Network
H Bombs at Incirlik!
H Bombs at Incirlik!
While many of us are busy, watching the Republican Convention this week, as His watchmen on the wall, we need to keep our eyes on events overseas, as well.
Incirlik is the American air base located inside Turkey. In the current tension, this base has suddenly become a "hot spot" and one which needs our prayers. During the recent coup attempt, for example, Incirlik was without power, and we are getting mixed reports as of today whether that power has been restored.
Turkey is blaming Obama for this coup attempt, so we invite you to please pray over the report below, from the The New Yorker magazine. Thank you.
The H-Bombs in Turkey - The New Yorker
Among the many questions still unanswered following Friday's coup attempt in Turkey is one that has national-security implications for the United States and for the rest of the world: How secure are the American hydrogen bombs stored at a Turkish airbase?
The Incirlik Airbase, in southeast Turkey, houses NATO's largest nuclear-weapons storage facility. On Saturday morning, the American Embassy in Ankara issued an "Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens," warning that power had been cut to Incirlik and that "local authorities are denying movements on to and off of" the base. Incirlik was forced to rely on backup generators; U.S. Air Force planes stationed there were prohibited from taking off or landing; and the security-threat level was raised to FPCON Delta, the highest state of alert, declared when a terrorist attack has occurred or may be imminent. On Sunday, the base commander, General Bekir Ercan Van, and nine other Turkish officers at Incirlik were detained for allegedly supporting the coup. As of this writing, American flights have resumed at the base, but the power is still cut off.
According to Hans M. Kristensen, the director of the Nuclear Information Project at the Federation of American Scientists, underground vaults at Incirlik hold about fifty B-61 hydrogen bombs-more than twenty-five per cent of the nuclear weapons in the NATO stockpile. The nuclear yield of the B-61 can be adjusted to suit a particular mission. The bomb that destroyed Hiroshima had an explosive force equivalent to about fifteen kilotons of TNT. In comparison, the "dial-a-yield" of the B-61 bombs at Incirlik can be adjusted from 0.3 kilotons to as many as a hundred and seventy kilotons.
. . . With a few hours and the right tools and training, you could open one of NATO's nuclear-weapons storage vaults, remove a weapon, and bypass the PAL inside it. Within seconds, you could place an explosive device on top of a storage vault, destroy the weapon, and release a lethal radioactive cloud. NATO's hydrogen bombs are still guarded by the troops of their host countries. In 2010, peace activists climbed over a fence at the Kleine Brogel Airbase, in Belgium, cut through a second fence, entered a hardened shelter containing nuclear-weapons vaults, placed anti-nuclear stickers on the walls, wandered the base for an hour, and posted a video of the intrusion on YouTube. The video showed that the Belgian soldier who finally confronted them was carrying an unloaded rifle.
Security concerns at Incirlik Airbase recently prompted a major upgrade of the perimeter fence that surrounds its nuclear-weapons storage area. Incirlik is about seventy miles from the Syrian border, and since October American aircraft and drones based there have been attacking ISIS forces. Its proximity to rebel-controlled areas in Syria and the rash of terrorist acts in Turkey led the Pentagon, a few months ago, to issue an "ordered departure" of all the family members of American troops at Incirlik. They were asked to leave immediately. About two thousand U.S. military personnel remain stationed there. Although Incirlik probably has more nuclear weapons than any other NATO base, it does not have any American or Turkish aircraft equipped to deliver them. The bombs simply sit at the base, underground, waiting to be used or misused. Read more here.
- Father, we thank You that, at times, we are able to join forces in prayers of agreement, serving You as the army of God. We take up the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, and we decree all of Psalm 91 over this air base in Turkey. Thank You, Lord, for sending Your own warring angels to stand guard over this site, for You are an awesome God. We praise You, Lord Jesus, in Your name, amen.
- " . . . the battle is not yours but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15)
State of Texas Fights Back!
Texas Makes Huge Move Against 'Black Lives Matter'
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and the Lone Star State lawmakers are cracking down after recent attacks carried out against police officers. Abbott on Monday announced the Police Protection Act, which aims to strengthen penalties for crimes committed against police officers.
"At a time when law enforcement officers increasingly come under assault simply because of the job they hold, Texas must send a resolute message that the state will stand by the men and women who serve and protect our communities," Abbott said in a news release, according to KTBC.
Abbott said that while Texas and the nation continued to mourn the heroes lost in Dallas, it was time for Texans to unite and say, "No more." . . . "The men and women in uniform risk their lives every day to protect the public, and it is time we show them the state of Texas has their back," Abbott said in the release. "Texas will no longer tolerate disrespect for those who serve, and it must be made to clear to anyone targeting our law enforcement officials that their actions will be met with severe justice."
The Police Protection Act will extend hate crime protections to law enforcement officers and increase criminal penalties crimes committed against law enforcement. The act also aims to create a culture of respect for law enforcement that includes organizing a campaign to educate youth on the value police officers bring to their communities.
Currently, assault with bodily injury to a public servant is punishable as a Class A misdemeanor. Under Abbott's proposal, the penalty against such an assault would increase to a 2nd degree felony.
The measure has been met with approval form several law enforcement organizations. Ray Hunt, President of the Houston Police Officers Association, said he was encouraged by the legislation. Ron Pinkston, President, Dallas Police Association, said the Dallas Police Association applauded the governor. Grimes County Sheriff Donald Sowell, president of the Sheriff's Association of Texas, said his organization was pleased to see the governor move to protect law enforcement officers. And we are, too. This is a step in the right direction to help curb the violence against policemen. (Conservative Tribune) Read more.
- Lord, this is a wonderful first step toward showing respect to our police officers who risk their lives everyday for us. Even our right to our own beliefs is protected by the Constitution, as long as we do so peacefully. Our police officers are entitled to protection as well. We do ask that the other 49 states would take note of this action by Texas, and follow their lead to protect their law enforcement. Our society has become so lawless, and brazen. Father, be our Prince of Peace. We need You to permeate all levels of our government, and daily life. Thank You for Your wisdom to carry this into reality, we pray.
- "Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26,27)
Urgent Prayer: TOMORROWLAND
URGENT PRAYER ALERT
From Rick Ridings; Jerusalem
(Includes five strategies to pray proactively against this event, which begins this weekend.)
"TomorrowLand" event in Jerusalem 23 July (17th Tammuz).an attempt to make demonic covenant with the Land through the youth of Israel
The 17th of Tammuz is a Jewish fast observed yearly to commemorate among other disasters the breaching of the walls of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D. An event is being held during this fast, this year, which has the potential to be another disastrous breaching of the (spiritual) walls of Jerusalem.
TomorrowLand is an electronic music festival that goes beyond anything I have ever heard of in terms of open communication and covenant with major demonic principalities. The festival has grown to over 400,000 attendees in Belgium, where it originated in 2005.
Here is an example of the openly demonic nature of this festival, as described by one trusted Intercessor (all of this can be easily confirmed in a quick search on the Internet):
"On the centre stage of Tomorrowland is a huge slowly spinning replica of the CERN hadron collider gate. Do you think there is any possibility of hypnosis or mind control going on? Also on stage is a giant mirror in which the digitally created face of the goddess Kali appears and speaks to the crowds. These messages were seductively spoken over the masses of eager participants, As helicopters flew overhead, and as beacons of colored lights flashed across the night sky a deep, powerful male voice said: People of Tomorrow, as a new chapter unfolds, you will learn about one man, who knew the mysteries of the universe from within, Because of his vision a great work was completed (CERN) With its sacred key, the machine can forge unique experiences continuously. Humanity can be reborn. The heartbeat of this device can be felt by all of you. (THIS WAS BEING SPOKEN AS THE IMAGE OF THE CERN MACHINE REVOLVED IN FRONT OF THE CROWDS)
As the mirror lit up, and the face of Kali appeared, a sweet, seductive, mesmerizing, female voice said: There is so much that can come between people. This can be healed by the expression of pure unity. Hold up your wristbands so that we can witness this illumination together. KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS WAS SEDUCTIVELY SPOKEN BY A DIGITALLY PROJECTED FACE OF KALI SHOWN IN A MIRROR. KALI THE HINDU GODDESS OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION (Kali is the wife of Shiva, the cosmic god, lord of the beasts, lord of the cosmic dance, the Destroyer. A statue of Shiva stands outside of the CERN headquarters.)."
Here is a direct quote from the TomorrowLand website of their vision to unite seven key gateway cities of the world for their ceremonies on 23 July:
"On Saturday July 23rd, the second day of Tomorrowland, 7 countries will Unite with the People of Tomorrow in Belgium. A live video connection will be made between Tomorrowland (Belgium) and Mexico, India, Japan, Colombia, Germany, South Africa and Israel. Building bridges between Belgium and the rest of the world with a live connection from the Tomorrowland Mainstage, Live DJ sets on the local UNITE stage and the unique, magical Tomorrowland atmosphere: that's UNITE, the mirror to Tomorrowland. People of Tomorrow, get ready to Unite." [http://www.tomorrowland.com/unite]. (NOTE: I would strongly encourage you to pray for the covering of the blood of the Lamb over you and your family before viewing any of their website photos or videos.)
SOME KEY WAYS TO PRAY:
1. DIVISION - Although Satan obviously uses this weapon against Christians and messianic Jewish believers, Yeshua (Jesus) clearly taught it as something we are to use against the demonic powers and those controlled by them:
"So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: "How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come." (Mark 3:23-26)
After declaring the protection of the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ over ourselves and over our families, let us declare division over this effort to "UNITE" these gateway cities and their youth in demonic covenants. May there be division in their relationships, communications, and technical attempts to "UNITE".
2. DISRUPTION - In 2006, I was part of a group of Jerusalem pastors and ministry leaders who were led to proclaim in unity that the gates to our city be closed to a large, world-wide gay event that was to bring over 100,000 gays together for days of "revelry" in Jerusalem. This also was to be around the 17th of Tammuz. But Hizballah started firing missiles into Northern Israel, and the army announced that, for security reasons, all large events were cancelled, as they did not have the extra manpower to provide security for events. Let us agree that there will be major disruptions of this event, both in Jerusalem, and in the six other cities and nations, where it is scheduled: May the Lord of the Armies of Heaven release His mighty arsenal of creative weapons to disrupt and stop this event from reaching its goals.
3. DELAY - There are times when we are called to delay the enemy's plans when he attempts to accelerate events ahead of the Lord's timing. In Revelation 10:6 an angel declares, before an outpouring of judgment, that "There will be no more delay!. This implies that there had in previous times been delays in the mercy of God. There are times when we as intercessors are to proclaim: "Let there be a moment of delay". This is like hitting the "pause button" on what the enemy may later be allowed to do. I believe this is one such moment, when a generation of young people in Israel and around the world is ripe for a mighty movement of the Holy Spirit. Let us pray for this delay, that this generation will not be unknowingly swept by unholy worship music into making covenants with the spirits of death, but that this generation will be freed from the power of demonic sounds to hear the sound of the Lord, and to come into the life-giving worship of the One, True, Living God.
4. DECLARE HIS PRAISES - It is obvious that the demonic beings understand the power of music to open hearts to the spiritual realms. As they are seeking to deceive and capture the souls of youth through their demonically anointed music, we need to release the far greater power of anointed worship music to sing "songs of deliverance" over a generation and over Jerusalem. About 25 years ago, we received an assignment from the Lord to counter a 2,000-year-old altar to Baal located on property of the Royal family in Belgium. When they kindly allowed an employee to guide us to this altar in the forest, we found a stack of large, flat stones. We felt the Lord guided us to not pray a thing, but simply to worship, and we sang: "For Thou O LORD, are high above all the gods.We exalt Thee". When another team went there just six months later, the employee was shocked to find that the 2,000-year-old stack of stones had crumbled into small pebbles strewn on the ground! (Editor's note: GLORY!)
5. DISCLOSURE - We need to pray that this will not remain hidden, but will be exposed and revealed, especially to spiritual leaders/gatekeepers and Intercessors of the seven cities/countries targeted. Also, we need to pray that the youth, and especially the youth of Israel, will not be let astray by the lies of the enemy and lured into his traps.
> > > Let us pray that this generation in Israel will not be deceived into "marrying the Land to Baal", but that they will receive and enact the revelation of Isaiah 62:4b,5a: "To Him your Land will be married. For as a young man marries a virgin, so your sons will marry you."
Can plunder be taken from warriors,
or captives be rescued from the fierce?
But this is what the Lord says:
"Yes, captives will be taken from warriors,
and plunder retrieved from the fierce;
I will contend with those who contend with you,
and your children I will save." (Isaiah 49:24-25)
14 June, 2016
(24/7 worship and prayer overlooking the Temple Mt. In Jerusalem)
The Persecuted Church
Another House Church is Closed in Southern China
(Guangzhou, Guangdong-July 15, 2016) Officials in China's southern Guangdong province shut down and sealed one branch of a house church on June 23, threatening to take action if the church continued meeting.
This incident marks the fourth incursion against the Taihe County branch of Guangfu Church, also known as Taihe Hall, this year. Government officials from the local Public Security Comprehensive Management Commission placed a seal over the doors to Taihe Hall and cut off power and water to the building.
The official reason for the closure was that the landlord of the building did not have the proper certificates. In previous official actions against the church, members reported that officials frequently pressured the landlord to terminate their ten-year contract prematurely and evict the church. (China Aid) Read more.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
TO GOD BE THE GLORY
"God and our Father: To Whom be glory for ever." (Galatians 1:4-5)
To God be the glory, great things He has done; So loved He the world that He gave us His Son, Who yielded His life an atonement for sin, And opened the life gate that all may go in.
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.
O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood, To every believer the promise of God; The vilest offender who truly believes, That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
Great things He has taught us, great things He has done, And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son; But purer, and higher, and greater will be Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.
Please go here.
( Royal Albert Hall, London)
About the Author:
Words: Fanny Crosby, 1875
Music: W. Howard Doane
Signs and Wonders
Spring tides trigger tremors deep on California's San Andreas fault
Now, scientists have shown that these tremors are triggered by the rhythmic pulsing of the tides: not just the twice-daily tides that occur as the moon revolves around Earth, but also the twice-monthly spring tides that occur when the sun and moon align and pull strongly on the planet. (Science) Read more.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Baton Rouge Churches Respond with Spiritual Weapons
A gunman opened fire on the officers when they responded to a 911 call. Three other officers were wounded.
Officer Montrel Jackson was a 10-year veteran of the Baton Rouge Police Department with a four-month old son. Matthew Gerald, 41, was a father of two daughters and a veteran who served both with the Marines and the Army in Iraq. Brad Garafola, a 45-year-old, a father of four, served 24 years on the Baton Rouge Police Department.
The city's pastors are fighting back with spiritual weapons, calling for "A Night of Prayer & Unity," on Wednesday, July 20th at 6:30pm.
Organizers say they will be crying out to God for healing, peace, courage, unity and revival. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Above All -- Kaitlyn Maher -- 5 years old!
Out of the mouths of babes!
Worship Him together . . . here . . .
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
Election 2016: Prayer Resources
"Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you." (Deuteronomy 1:13)
> > > Please find below the Election Prayer Resources that have been recently added to our list. To view the archive section, go here.
To view our recently archived articles, go here.
To view the most recently archived resources, go here.