CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Are you ready for the GLORY?
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
" . . . but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57)
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Zeph. 3:17)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. WATCH: 'I want to stab a Jew,' young girl tells her teacher father - Times of Israel
A video posted by a Jordanian-Palestinian teacher on Facebook shows his young daughter holding a large knife and declaring, "I want to stab a Jew," the watchdog group MEMRI reported, amid an ongoing surge of stabbings and other terror attacks by Palestinians on Israelis.
Abdulhaleem Abuesha, a teacher in the Madaba refugee camp in Jordan, posted the clip on Friday. MEMRI translated and highlighted it on Tuesday.
2. IDF Soldier stabbed in fourth attack of the day - YNET News
Two Palestinian terrorists stabbed an IDF soldier near Beit Hashalom in Hebron on Tuesday night, lightly wounding him, before a fellow soldier managed to shoot and kill both of the assailants.
The two terrorists were Bashar Ja'abri, 15, and Husam Ja'abri, 17.
Dozens of Kiryat Arba residents were trying to march towards Beit Hashalom in protest but were being blocked by police. The area was blocked off and searches were being carried out for additional perpetrators.
3. Infiltration Attempt Thwarted Near Yitzhar - Israel National News
IDF soldiers on Wednesday morning foiled an attempt to infiltrate into the Shomron community of Yitzhar.
The soldiers, who were dispatched to the area after a suspicious figure was seen near the community, identified a female terrorist and shot her.
The terrorist was wounded by the gunfire and was taken for treatment. There were no other casualties.
4. Israeli Army Arrests Top Hamas Official in West Bank - HAARETZ
Israel has arrested a top Hamas official in the West Bank, accusing him of inciting recent violence.
The military says it arrested Hassan Yousef on Tuesday from his house in Beitunia, near Ramallah. It marks the most high-profile arrest since a wave of unrest swept through the region a month ago.
The military said Yousef had been "actively instigating and inciting terrorism" by encouraging attacks against Israelis. Military spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner says, "Hamas' leaders cannot expect to propagate violence and terror from the comfort of their living rooms and pulpits of their mosques."
5. Breathing down Abbas's neck, Fatah leaders want Israeli blood - Times of Israel
While Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas calls for "peaceful resistance" to Israel and has - publicly, at least - supported the idea of a return to the negotiating table amid a wave of Palestinian terror, senior members of his Fatah movement are openly praising lone-wolf attacks, arguing that the era of dialogue with Israel is over.
In an interview on Palestinian TV Saturday, Jibril Rajoub, former chief of the powerful Preventative Security Force in the West Bank and currently deputy secretary-general of Fatah's Central Committee, praised individual attacks against Israelis as acts of noble self-sacrifice.
6. Netanyahu declares all quiet on the Gaza front during visit - YNET News
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited the IDF's Gaza Division on Tuesday afternoon to receive an update on the forces' readiness following near-daily terror attacks in Israel and the West Bank, and frequent confrontations on the Gaza border. Netanyahu took advantage of a viewpoint to scope out the area; however failed to notice that his binoculars were covered.
"I am under the impression that the situation here is under control. We are currently acting according to a policy which aims to calm the tensions, while acting against the terrorists and forces of terror responsible - in the most proportional and reasonable manner, while only using the necessary amount of force," Netanyahu said.
The Daily Brief
1. Ryan will serve as speaker if GOP unites behind him - POLITICO
House Republicans have until Friday to meet his conditions.
Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, who for years has resisted a move into House Republican leadership, said Tuesday night he would serve as House speaker if he is the party's "unity candidate."
Ryan, the Ways and Means Committee chairman, wants to know by Friday if the 247 members of the House Republican Conference support him. If not, he is "happy" to continue as chairman of the powerful tax-writing panel, the 45-year-old lawmaker said. (Read more)
- Lord God, as the House Republicans continue to meet and to sort out this vital issue, we ask that they would choose one to serve over them who rules in the fear of God. We ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God." (2 Samuel 2:23)
2. Judiciary Chair: Don't Release Criminal Illegals Under New Sentencing Guidelines--Deport Them - CNSNews.com
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) sent a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on Tuesday to request that criminal illegal aliens convicted of drug crimes, who are set to be released from federal prisons following a sentencing commission decision, be deported rather than be allowed to stay in the U.S.
"I fully expect that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will issue a detainer with the BOP (Bureau of Prisons) for each alien expected to be released pursuant to Amendment 782, and that each alien will be taken into custody by ICE, as required by the Immigration and Nationality Act, for purposes of initiating removal proceedings or to execute the removal order of each alien who is already subject to a final order of removal from the United States," Goodlatte said in the letter. (Read more)
- Father God, we praise You for this action by the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. We ask that Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson will take heed to this common sense approach to both relieving the overcrowded conditions in our federal prisons, and executing judgment through laws already on the books to deport aliens who are here illegally. We praise You, our King Jesus, and we ask that this action be undertaken immediately, In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen and amen.
- " . . . rulers will rule with justice." (Isaiah 32:1b)
3. Durbin: 'I Call on the Administration to Accept 100,000 Syrian Refugees' - CNSNews.com
Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), just back from the Greek Isle of Lesbos where thousands of Syrian refugees arrive by raft from Turkey every day, urged the Obama administation to accept far more than the 10,000 Syrian refugees it plans to take in this fiscal year.
"Allow me to put the 100,000 number in perspective. Germany has agreed to accept 800,000 of these Syrian refugees. It's estimated there are about 4 million total.
Dubrin said all refugees are carefully vetted "to make sure that they're not a threat to the United States or anybody who lives here." (Read more)
See also: FBI Director Admits U.S. Will Have No Basis to Vet Some Syrian Refugees - CNSNews.com
- Lord God, even though this senator states that all refugees will be thoroughly vetted before entering the United States, sources who are "in the know" state the opposite. Lord God, please grant Your wisdom to those who govern our land, that we be kept safe from all harm. We turn unto You with a desperate cry for help over this very serious issue today, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Listen to my cry for help . . . for we are in desperate need." (Psalm 116:6)
4. With Harper's Defeat in Canada, Israel Loses a Friend, UN Loses a Critic - CNSNews.com
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper's defeat in this week's general election deprives Israel of arguably its strongest ally in the international arena - and the United Nations of one of its most outspoken critics.
Harper's downfall at the hands of Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party comes a little over a month after another staunch ally of Israel, Tony Abbott, was ousted as leader of Australia's ruling party, and therefore as prime minister.
Canada and Australia under Harper and Abbott frequently angered Arab and Islamic blocs at the U.N. with their vocal support for Israel and other foreign policy stances. (They similarly upset others over their lack of enthusiasm for global climate change initiatives.) Read more.
- Abba Father God, we are so sad to see this news. We thank you for the life and the leadership of Canada's former Prime Minister, Stephen Harper. As we witness the collapse of both Canada and Australia standing firm with and for Israel, we see the fulfillment of Your Word in the Book of Zechariah, that in that day, all nations will come against Jerusalem. Lord God, we cry out in desperation, once again, asking that You grant Your people the strength to stand against all the schemes of the evil one in these last days, and the grace to bring in the harvest of souls for You. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it . . . It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:3)
5. Putin uses Assad visit to talk up Kremlin role as Syria broker - Reuters
Vladimir Putin used a rare visit to Moscow by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to talk up the Kremlin's potential to help broker a political settlement to the crisis as he tried to show the West Russia has become a major player in the Middle East.
Assad flew to Moscow on Tuesday evening to thank Putin personally for his military support, in a surprise visit that Russian state media cast as a diplomatic coup.
It was Assad's first foreign visit since the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011, and came three weeks after Russia launched a campaign of air strikes against Islamist militants and rebels in Syria that has bolstered Assad's forces. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray in the Spirit as we see the nations moving into their positions . . . forming alliances to fulfill Your prophetic Word of these end times. Lord God, we keep our eyes focused intently upon You, as You move the hearts of kings to fulfill Your will. Let all be done according to Your will, in the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
6. 'Assad doesn't have to leave tomorrow, can be part of transitional process' - US State Department - rt.com
Bashar Assad "does not have to leave tomorrow or the next day," the US State Department has stated. Washington allows that Assad may take part in transitional process, but can't be part of Syria's next government. At the same time, the Obama administration continues to insist that President Assad cannot be a part of transitional government, once the country gets to that point. (Read more)
- Abba Father, the United States has lost control of the Syrian situation and is going to have to take a back seat to what in being decided about Syria and Bashar Assad. Both Russia and Iran have stated that they need a stable central government in Syria until ISIS and other terrorist organizations in Syria are defeated. We thank You that You know all things and have all things under Your control and that nothing happens without Your permission. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city And will become a fallen ruin." (Isaiah 17:1)
7. Jimmy Carter offers help for Russia's bombing campaign in Syria - Fox News
Former President Jimmy Carter said recently that he provided maps of Islamic State positions in Syria to the Russian embassy in Washington, a move apparently at odds with the Obama administration's official policy of not cooperating with Russia in the Syrian war.
Carter said on Sunday in Georgia that he knows Russian President Vladimir Putin "fairly well" because they "have a common interest in fly fishing." When he met with Putin in April along with other global leaders to discuss the crises in Syria and Ukraine, the Russian president gave him an email address so the two could discuss his "fly fishing experiences, particularly in Russia," Carter said.
Obama administration officials have publicly said the United States will not collaborate with Russia as long as it targets U.S.-backed rebels in an effort to prop up Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, a longtime ally of Moscow. The administration has said Assad must eventually step down as part of efforts to seek a political resolution to the Syrian war. "We are not prepared to cooperate on strategy which, as we explained, is flawed, tragically flawed, on the Russians' part," said Ash Carter, U.S. defense secretary, earlier this month. (Read more)
- Lord God, as we see a former president now giving intelligence data to Russia, against the policy of the current administration, we are reminded of our own church, which so often is at odds with each other. Lord God, we repent for our own confusion within the Body of Christ, over matters which are so clearly defined in Scripture. We ask You cover us with Your mercy, grant us a spirit of humility, and teach us Your ways, in the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"
(I Peter 4:17)
8. As Russia reasserts itself, NATO opens biggest exercises in years - Reuters
NATO and its allies opened their largest military exercise in more than a decade on Monday, choosing the central Mediterranean to showcase strengths that face threats from Russia's growing military presence from the Baltics to Syria.
As planes flew over a gala ceremony for NATO's military and political leaders at an air base in southern Italy, Russia's resurgence was the central topic of concern, pushing NATO to embark on its biggest modernization since the Cold War.
"This sends a very clear message to any potential aggressor," NATO's top commander General Philip Breedlove said of the Trident Juncture exercises and the testing of a new rapid-reaction force. (Read more)
- Lord God, as tensions continue to build in this part of the world, we look up to You, Abba, the Author and the Finisher of our faith, knowing that You hold all things in Your Mighty Hand. We ask for an easing of tensions between Russia and the NATO allies, and a peaceful resolution of this conflict, in the name of Jesus Christ, we pray.
- "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." (Luke 21:28)
9. Congress members, Jewish groups rally against UNESCO resolution - Times of Israel
Amid an angry outcry from Jewish organizations worldwide as well as from Israeli officials over a UNESCO resolution that would declare the Western Wall a Muslim holy site, two members of Congress called Monday evening on the US envoy to the UN body to quash the resolution.
Democratic Representatives Nita M. Lowey and Ted Deutch sent a letter Monday urging US ambassador to the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Crystal Nix-Hines, to block the draft resolution that Jewish groups had castigated for asserting that the Western Wall is part of al-Aqsa Mosque.
Six Arab states on UNESCO's Executive Board - Algeria, Egypt, Kuwait, Morocco, Tunisia and the United Arab Emirates are expected to introduce the resolution for a vote as early as Tuesday.
"As members of the United States Congress committed to promoting peace in Israel and the Palestinian territories through direct, bilateral negotiations aimed at achieving a two-state solution, we urge you to use the voice and vote of the United States to prevent this draft resolution from advancing," the two wrote to Nix-Hines. (Read more)
- Lord God, we shout "Hallelujah!" at this news, and we ask that ALL members of Congress would get behind this initiative, and that sponsorship would come from both parties. We say HALT to the attempted terrorist takeovers of Jewish holy sites -- and especially the Western Wall -- in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; Speak the word, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
10. Israel Sees Rare Victory at UN After Palestinians Drop Bid to Claim Western Wall a Muslim Holy Site - Times of Israel
Amid international outcry, Israel has claimed a rare victory at the United Nations on Wednesday after the Palestinian delegation dropped its bid that the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) declare the Western Wall a Muslim holy site.
The resolution, which was submitted on behalf of the Palestinian Authority by six Arab states, demanded that the Western Wall be recognized as an "integral part" of the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound on the Temple Mount.
While the bid to take over the Western Wall was dropped, the Palestinians are still requesting that Rachel's Tomb in Bethlehem and the Tomb of the Patriarchs in Hebron be declared Muslim sites. The Western Wall is considered part of Judaism's most holy site, the Temple Mount. (Read more)
- Lord God, this is wonderful news! Within a matter of 24 hours, this Palestinian resolution is now "dead in the water." We continue to lift up prayer for the preservation of Rachel's Tomb, the Tomb of the Patriarchs, and other sites that are holy to both Jews and Christians, be preserved, in the Name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." (Isaiah 65:24)
11. Netanyahu vows to root out Islamic Movement in Israel - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has decided to outlaw the transfer of funds to the Islamic Movement in Israel. In an interview with Israel Hayom, the prime minister said this action would cut the Islamic Movement from its sources of funding, both in Israel and abroad. The Islamic Movement's overseas sources of funding include the Muslim Brotherhood movements in Turkey and Egypt.
"All of this funding will be deemed illegal," Netanyahu said. "The Islamic Movement's activities cost money. Its activities are organized. When it sends buses to the Temple Mount, this costs money. When it pays its activists or rents out stadiums for events, this costs money. We are going to root this problem out at its source." (Read more)
- Father God, we praise You for this strong action being taken by Israel's Prime Minister against the forces of Islam in his nation. We ask that Your grace and wisdom would fall upon all Israeli intelligence sources as they now seek to identify all of these sources of evil, and to shut them down. Hallelujah, Father, for the strong leadership shown by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "This is what the LORD says to me: "As a lion growls, a great lion over its prey-- and though a whole band of shepherds is called together against it, it is not frightened by their shouts or disturbed by their clamor-- so the LORD Almighty will come down to do battle on Mount Zion and on its heights." (Isaiah 31:4)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Monday, October 19, 2015
Islam immigration threatens world freedom
What is happening in Europe right now likely may be a foreshadowing of what will occur in America in the near future--the Islam problem. Islamists are crowding Europe and threatening to colonize the continent because of lax immigration and failure to secure the borders. What sparked the Crusades in the Middle Ages--a defense of the homeland against Islamic aggression--may well turn out to be the issue of the new century in Europe--except this time Islam is invading without arms. In the United States, a "president" with Islamic sympathies and an impotent Congress are allowing Islam to take a foothold in colonization of North America. The end result is a threat to democracy and national security.
Reuters reports in London that Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron has "unveiled a new strategy on Monday to combat extremism, saying the battle was "perhaps the "defining one of this century", but his proposals were condemned by Muslims as demonizing their communities and set to fail." According to Reuters, the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), said the government's strategy was based on poor analysis and risked alienating those whose support it. The MCB's Secretary General, Shuja Shafi, said, "Whether it is in mosques, education or charities, the strategy will reinforce perceptions that all aspects of Muslim life must undergo a 'compliance' test to prove our loyalty to this country."
The Cameron government's Counter-Extremism Strategy, Reuters reports, is "designed primarily to counter the ideology promoted by Islamic State militants, al Qaeda and other Islamists which the authorities say can lead young Britons onto a path of violence." Cameron wrote on his Facebook page, "Subversive, well-organized and sophisticated in their methods, Islamist extremists don't just threaten our security, they jeopardize all that we've built together - our successful multi-racial, multi-faith democracy. So we have to confront them wherever we find them." Cameron rightly assesses the situation with Islam. Islam is incompatible with freedom in general and Western democracy in particular.
While the politically correct and the so-called "enlightened" see no threat to democracy posed by Islamists, their position is clearly on the wrong side of history. Islam's religious theology requires submission to Islam either by choice, by force or by death. Where in the world is there peace, freedom and just treatment under the law with Islam in control? With Islam there is no freedom of religion; no freedom of speech; there is slavery, domestic abuse, child abuse, sex trafficking, and drug trafficking as a matter of Islamic control and Sharia Law. Europe and America need to wake up for the example of Babylon in Jeremiah 51:14 looms: "Surely, I will fill thee with men, as with locusts; and they shall raise a battle cry against thee."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
US "president" responsible for Christian persecution
In March 2011, the US "president" sidestepped the War Powers Act and Congress by involving the US military in Libya as part of the al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood-backed Arab Spring overthrow of several Northern African and Middle Eastern governments. To counter Congressional pressure that he violated the Constitution by committing troops without Congressional approval and in supporting terrorists that were killing US troops in other countries, the "president" took to the airwaves and made his case directly to the American public in an address on March 28, 2011. From the National Defense University in Washington, DC, he justified his actions saying that innocent people could be massacred.
He said, "To brush aside America's responsibility as a leader and--more profoundly--our responsibilities to our fellow human beings under such circumstances would have been a betrayal of who we are. Some nations may be able to turn a blind eye to atrocities in other countries. The United States of America is different. And as President, I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action." In other words, he committed US and NATO finances and firepower to prevent a possible attack on the Libyan people by then leader Muammar Qaddafi. In doing so, he directly funded a known al Qaeda operative who came in from Iraq and whose men had been fighting against US soldiers.
Fast forward to the world created by the US "president's" support of Arab Spring. The Middle East is in disarray. Iran is on pace for a nuclear weapon, and the missile system to deliver it. Columnist Raymond Ibrahim recounts story after story of Christian beheadings, rapes and crucifixions in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Egypt. Ibrahim writes: "The jihadis took one group in front of a large crowd.They cut off the fingertips of a 12-year-old boy, who steadfastly refused to submit to Islam.They "severely beat him, telling his father they would stop the torture only if he, the father, returned to Islam." He refused, so they "also tortured and beat him and the two other ministry workers. The three men and the boy then met their deaths in crucifixion." Then two Christian women were publicly raped, and with eight others were beheaded and hung on crosses.
This is just one story that has become commonplace in the Middle East. Ibrahim concludes: "The ongoing slaughter of Christians by the Islamic State and the destruction of churches and antiquities must be laid at the feet of those Western nations that, intentionally or unintentionally, paved the way for the Islamic State." So where is this US "president" who once vowed that to "brush aside America's responsibility..to our fellow human beings...would be a betrayal of who we are"? It would appear that Christians are less than human beings not only in the eyes of the Islamists, but also in the "president's" eyes. Actions speak louder than words. Jesus said in Matthew 7:20, "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." The fruits of this "president" has been torture, death and destruction to our Christian brothers and sisters.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Representative Paul Ryan yesterday outlined his conditions for taking John Boehner's job as speaker of the House. His terms included changes to the rules making it harder to remove a speaker in the future and everybody agreeing in advance that they will follow his lead.
Both conditions immediately generated pushback from many House conservatives. Adding to Ryan's challenges is that a number of Democrats, most notably Harry Reid, have endorsed Ryan for speaker. Yesterday, Reid told reporters, "I'm a Paul Ryan fan. We've been able to work with him."
For his part, Ryan said that Republicans need to show they can govern. That sounds good. But how do you do that when the Democrat minority filibusters every bill of consequence passed by the House?
Senate liberals did it again yesterday when 45 of them shot down a bill to cut off federal funding to sanctuary cities -- something supported by 58% of Americans.
How do you govern when Obama threatens to veto any decent bill that isn't filibustered by left-wing senators?
A theme that keeps being dredged up by Mitt Romney, Mitch McConnell, John Boehner and now by Paul Ryan is that the American people want Republicans to get things done in Washington. But a lot has gotten done in Washington in the last seven years.
The problem is that all of it was what Obama wanted and not what conservatives wanted. We got Obamacare. We got the destruction of marriage. We got the Iranian nuclear deal. We got transgenderism promoted in the Pentagon and pushed into the public schools. We got higher taxes.
The voters Republicans must have to win the presidency do not want "things to get done in Washington." They want bad things stopped and they want good things passed. Why can't Republican leaders comprehend this basic point?
If Paul Ryan does not become speaker, it's worth remembering that the speaker does not have to be an elected member of the House of Representatives. (Source: Gary Bauer, End-of-Day, 10/21/15; edited)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
THE OLD RUGGED CROSS
"The cross of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Galatians 6:14)
On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, The emblem of suffering and shame; And I love that old cross where the dearest and best For a world of lost sinners was slain.
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown.
O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, Has a wondrous attraction for me; For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above To bear it to dark Calvary.
In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine, A wondrous beauty I see, For 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died, To pardon and sanctify me.
To the old rugged cross I will ever be true; Its shame and reproach gladly bear; Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, Where His glory forever I'll share.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words & Music: George Bennard, 1913
About the Hymn:
The Old Rugged Cross was written in Albion, Michigan. Or Pokagon, Michigan. Or Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. All three towns claim to be the birthplace of this hymn.
Signs and Wonders
Asteroid Expected To Fly By Earth On Halloween, NASA Says
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) - An asteroid is expected to fly by Earth this Halloween.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration said in a document posted online that the asteroid will approach the Earth within 304,471 miles on Oct. 31.
The space agency discovered the asteroid Oct. 10 and described it as an "extremely rare eccentric."
NASA indicated that it hopes to obtain images.
"The fly-by presents a truly outstanding scientific opportunity to study the physical properties of this object," the agency added in that same document.
Another asteroid is not expected to approach this closely again until August 2027. (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Israeli Kindness in Action; Refugees So Glad to be Safe, They Kissed Their Rescuers!
(Israel)-A group of Israeli yachting enthusiasts chanced upon several Syrian and Iraqi refugees floundering in the water off the Greek coast, who they quickly rescued from what would have been certain death.
The refugees were very grateful and were not bothered in the least about being rescued by Israelis. In fact, they kissed their rescuers.
Of the eleven refugees were four children and, sadly, a deceased infant, whom the bereaved mother cradled in her arms all night.
We're curious to know, how many of you read about this in the media? Did you even know this happened?
The people of Israel do not engage in acts of kindness in the hope of receiving media recognition. We do what all human beings should be doing-reaching out and helping those in need.
Source: Breaking Christian News
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Set a Fire" - Jesus Culture