Palestinian flag flies over U.N. as hurricane
brews in Atlantic - WND (Read here)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, October 1, 2015
"Save your people! Bless Israel, your special possession. Lead them like a shepherd, and carry them in your arms forever." (Psalm 28:9 NLT)
Important news! We will continue to ABIDE IN HIM every week on Saturday nights at 9:00 p.m. EDT. Come join us by calling 605-562-3140 Access Code: 596015# WELCOME!
"Praise Him with the sound of the shofar." (Psalm 150:3)
News from the U.N.
News from the U.N.
1. Netanyahu rebukes world for failure to counter 'genocidal' Iran - Times of Israel
PM pauses in the middle of fervid UN speech to stare silently at delegates; in response to Abbas's address, blasts allegations Israel trying to take over Temple Mount, calls for peace talks. (Read more here)
- Father, we praise You for the words You have given P.M. Netanyahu to speak just now before the United Nations General Assembly. We ask that those 44 seconds of SILENCE would make a deep and lasting impact on the souls of those present, that they not forget Your chosen ones. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence." (Isaiah 62:6)
2. Reactions to Netanyahu's speech - CHPP
Benjamin Netanyahu spoke this morning at the United Nations- and he came out swinging. He had promised to "speak truth" to the body, and truth was what he spoke in no uncertain terms. Both for the Iran Nuclear Deal and the Palestinian Question, he made bold statements that made the Israeli position clear. His speech came one day after Mahmoud Abbas from the Palestinian Authority told the UN that they would no longer honor the Oslo Peace accords. (Faye Higbee; Thursday editor; the Daily Brief)
- Lord, we do thank You for the truth that was spoken today by the Prime Minister, and we ask that his words would continue to echo across this chamber in the days ahead. In Your name, amen.
- "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
3. President of Argentina launches Big Iran Claim Against 2010 Obama Admin. Official on Floor of U.N. - The Blaze
Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner claimed during the U.N. General Assembly on Monday that a former Obama administration official attempted to convince Argentina to "provide the Islamic Republic of Iran with nuclear fuel." The claim was seemingly overshadowed by President Barack Obama's high-stakes dealings with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The official at the center of Kirchner's claims confirmed his trip to Argentina in a statement to The Blaze, but also provided vital context behind his objective and a proposed fuel swap deal that he said ultimately fell apart. (Read more)
- Father, if this report is true, we are grieved that our own administration would use enriched uranium as a bargaining chip. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "When the wicked comes, contempt comes also . . ." (Proverbs 18:3)
4. Palestinians raise flag at UN's New York headquarters for first time - Watch.org
The Palestinian Authority raised its flag at the United Nations headquarters in New York for the first time on Wednesday.
The UN General Assembly earlier this month voted 119 to 8, with 45 abstentions, to allow its two non-member states - Palestine and the Holy See - to fly their flags in front of UN buildings along with those of member states.
The Palestinian flag was raised for the first time just after PA President Mahmoud Abbas addressed the UN, as he does annually, during the opening of its 70th General Assembly.
- Father we pray that you pull down the roots of this organization and all other jihadist groups as well. That the UN seems to worship these ancient demonic powers is despicable. Cut them off at their very roots, and let in Your Light to the nations of the world in Jesus' Name!
- "Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord." (Ezekiel 38:23)
5. Abbas says no longer bound by agreements with Israel, asks for global protection - Fox News
Mahmoud Abbas, the president of the Palestinian Authority, said Wednesday that Palestinians are no longer bound by the two-decades-old Oslo Accords with Israel, saying "we cannot be the only party" faithful to them.
Abbas made his comments during his speech to the United Nations General Assembly. The agreements are the basis for a two-state solution in the Israeli-Palestinian crisis.
It was Abbas' most serious warning yet to Israel that he might walk away from engagement with Israel and dissolve the Palestinian Authority. He stopped short of accompanying his threat with a deadline. (Read more)
- Father, this decision by the Palestinians portends severe danger for Israel. We ask once again for Your protection over that nation, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses." (Psalm 107:13)
6. Putin: We respect Israel's interests, but are concerned over its attacks on Syria - Jerusalem Post
Following a 90-minute meeting on Monday with US President Barack Obama on the conflict in Syria, Russian President Vladimir Putin said he was concerned with Israel's Sunday strike on Syria, that was prompted by cross-border fire originating from Syrian army positions.
"We respect Israel's interests related to the Syrian civil war but we are concerned about its attacks on Syria," Putin said, according to Army Radio.
The Syrian projectile exploded in an unpopulated area of the northern Golan Heights, causing no injuries or damage. (Read more)
- Father God, we reject Putin's twisted logic in this statement. The Israelis have had to move at their northern border, simply to protect their own people. We ask You to forgive Vladimir Putin, for he knows not what he does. Cause his mind to be renewed to see the truth about the nation of Israel and its importance to all the nations on earth in this end time. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For this is what the LORD Almighty says: "After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you--for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye-- " (Zech.2:8)
7. Senior Democrat failed to obtain Obama commitment to veto Palestinian state at UN - Jerusalem Post
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid twice this year reportedly approached White House chief of staff Denis McDonough seeking a public commitment from President Barack Obama that he would veto any UN resolution calling for an independent Palestinian state, but on both occasions Obama did nothing, according to a report in Politico.
Politico said its report was confirmed by White House officials and Senate aides.
According to the US news outlet, Reid's requests came as he was trying to line up Democratic support for the Iran nuclear agreement reached on July 14 and "give nervous Democrats cover to back the deal."
But this was not the first time that Reid approached the White House requesting that it back Israel at the UN and failed to receive his sought after response. (Read more)
- Lord God. we do thank You that Senator Reid did approach the president on behalf of Israel. We ask that You forgive Obama for the deafness of his ears, and that You would bless Senator Reid for his efforts. We do this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." (Genesis 12:3)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Abbas: No bilateral talks with Israel while it's an occupying power - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas rejected the latest Israeli overture for direct talks and called instead for a multilateral peace process on the eve of his major address to the UN General Assembly in New York on Wednesday.
"The peace process must be multilateral. The same pattern of negotiations imposed for years will not work, because Israel is the occupying power," Abbas said in an opinion piece published Tuesday on the Huffington Post website.
2. Netanyahu: Palestinians using Temple Mount to incite against Israel - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu charged that the Palestinians were abusing the sanctity of the Temple Mount to incite the Arab world against Israel, moments before he boarded an airplane Tuesday for New York where he plans to address the UN General Assembly on Thursday.
"Israel desires peace with the Palestinians who, to my regret, are continuing to spread gross lies about our policy on the Temple Mount," said Netanyahu.
3. Political furor erupts after Arab MK berates Jews on Temple Mount - Times of Israel
Video footage of an Israeli Arab lawmaker berating Jewish visitors to the Temple Mount on Tuesday has outraged Jewish lawmakers, who demanded official action be taken against Balad party chairman and Joint (Arab) List member Jamal Zahalka for his outburst.
Amid a wave of renewed clashes between Israeli security forces and Palestinians, Zahalka took to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem Tuesday morning to confront Jewish visitors and demand they leave the holy site revered by both Muslims and Jews.
4. Israel seeks to legalize controversial settler outpost - Times of Israel
The Attorney General's Office has reportedly informed Israel's High Court of the government's intention to legalize the unauthorized West Bank settler outpost of Adei Ad.
The State's request came following a petition of Yesh Din, a human rights watchdog active in the West Bank, Israel Radio reported Wednesday. The petition, presented in the name of four council heads of Palestinian villages, claimed the outpost was illegal and demanded it be demolished.
5. "If Israel gives up Assad, he's finished" - Israel Hayom
PARIS - "Beware the Ides of March," the soothsayer warned Julius Caesar in William Shakespeare's famous play. The Roman emperor was killed on March 15, 44 years before the Common Era. The soothsayer was right. It is unclear if somebody warned Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian ruler, of the same date, for the bloody riots in the town of Daraa began 2,055 years after the death of Caesar. The goal was - and remains - to oust Assad from the seat of power. In the meantime, unlike Caesar, Bashar still lives, and he is butchering his people.
6. Ya'alon Hints Russia 'Shouldn't Test' Israel in Syria - Israel National News
"On the northern border, in Syria, there has been unrest for four years now," said Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon Tuesday. "Despite this, we have been able to keep this threat away from the residents of the Golan Heights and the North.
"We have been following a very clear policy," he added. "In this matter, we are intolerant toward any breach of our sovereignty. There are other developments in Syria, as well, like the Russian presence and the Iranian presence. That is in northern Syria. But we made clear to the Russians that we have no intention of abandoning our ability to defend our interests. And I suggest that no one test us."
7. Rare 1,500-year-old old mosaic discovered depicting streets, buildings of ancient Egypt - Jerusalem Post
The Israel Antiquities Authority displayed a rare 1,500-year-old mosaic, depicting a map with streets and buildings from ancient Egypt, on Tuesday, two years after it was discovered during an excavation in the South, conducted with the help of area school children. It will be shown to the public on October 1.
The Daily Brief
1. House Passes Spending Bill to Avoid U.S. government Shutdown - Bloomberg
Congress passed a stopgap U.S. government spending bill hours before a shutdown deadline Wednesday, a temporary win that provides no road map for how deeply divided lawmakers will handle their next must-do priorities.
The 277-151 House vote, after Senate passage earlier in the day, came as current funding was due to expire at midnight. PresidentBarack Obama signed the measure into law. Democrats helped House Republicans quash an effort by conservative Republicans to remove funding for Planned Parenthood from the bill, after the conservatives' rebellion helped push Speaker John Boehner to announce he'll resign at the end of October. (Read more)
- Lord we ask for changed hearts regarding the spending in our government. Too much money is being spent, and too much waste. We pray, O Lord, for wisdom to come to our leaders, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Forsake foolishness and live, and go in the way of understanding." (Proverbs 9:6)
2. Russia launches second day of Syria airstrikes after 'dozens of civilians killed' - Yahoo.com
Russian jets launched a second day of air strikes in Syria on Thursday, targeting rebel-held areas but not Islamic State militants. Moscow said eight strikes with Sukhoi warplanes struck four Islamic State targets overnight. However, the areas where it said the strikes took place were not held by IS. In Syria, it was reported that there were at least 30 strikes against an insurgent alliance, Army of Conquest. The alliance includes the Nusra Front, al-Qaeda's Syrian branch, but not Islamic State, which has captured swathes of Syria and Iraq. (Read more)
- Lord God, as this situation continues to escalate, we ask for Your Hand to rest upon the land of Syria, and to defuse the tension there. Father, as was noted today at the U.N., the killing of civilians is a violation of international law. We ask that Russia will take heed, and stand down, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "For the hand of the Lord will rest on this mountain, And Moab will be trodden down in his place As straw is trodden down in the water of a manure pile. And he will spread out his hands in the middle of it As a swimmer spreads out his hands to swim, But the Lord will lay low his pride together with the trickery of his hands." (Isaiah 25:9,10)
3. Russia targeting anti-Assad rebels not ISIS - The Washington Institute
The first wave of Russian airstrikes seemed to focus on rebel areas that threaten the Assad regime's Alawite heartland, showing that Moscow is more focused on seizing the mantle in Syria's war than fighting terrorists.
Earlier today, the Russian air force, in cooperation with the Syrian army, led its first bombing runs in three of the country's provinces. According to a Syrian security source who spoke with Agence France-Presse, "The Russian and Syrian planes have conducted several raids today against terrorist positions in Hama, Homs, and Latakia, in the northwest and center of the country."
Although the AFP source did not specify the exact points that were struck, one of the "terrorist" targets has nevertheless been clearly identified: Talbisah, a village ten kilometers north of Homs, in the rebel pocket of Rastan. There are no Daesh (a.k.a. "Islamic State"/ISIS) fighters in this area -- local brigades have pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra or rebel group Ahrar al-Sham, or remained independent.
The strategic goal of the Russian strikes is to help the Syrian army and Hezbollah eliminate this rebel enclave and better protect Homs. The action could also push the 1,500 rebels still occupying the Waar district on the outskirts of Homs to seriously negotiate their departure, as they did when leaving the city center in April 2014. (Read more)
- Lord we know that Russia has ulterior motives in all that they do - we ask for protection from any hidden plans, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "No weapon formed against you shall prosper . . ." (Isaiah 54:17)
4. Iran's Boots Join Russia's Jets - Fox News
More Iranian troops have arrived in Syria for an upcoming ground operation to accompany Russian airstrikes, defense officials confirm to Fox News.
"It has always been understood in this building that the Russians would provide the air force, and the Iranians would provide the ground force in Syria," one official said. Army Col. Steve Warren told reporters, "We know the Iranians are a part of this. We've known that since day one."
The officials speaking to Fox News could not disclose the size of this new Iranian force due to the sensitivity of the information.
These Iranian forces are under the command of Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani, the Quds Force commander in charge of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard's international operations, which runs a network of proxy forces throughout the Middle East, including Syria, Iraq, Yemen, and Lebanon. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that all efforts of Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani and his troops would fail miserably. We ask that You would show Yourself faithful to triumph over our enemy, and to sever the cords between Russia and Iran asunder. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "I will sing to the Lord, for He is highly exalted; The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea." (Exodus 15:1,2)
5. Pastor Saeed Abedini Won't Be Set Free Until the US First Releases 19 Iranian Criminals, Says President Rouhani - The Christian Post
Naghmeh Abedini, the wife of imprisoned American Pastor Saeed Abedini, has slammed the apparent offer by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to free her husband in exchange for releasing Iranian prisoners being held in the United States. Naghmeh argued that her husband is not "collateral" to be treated as such.
"My husband is not collateral. He is a father and a man who broke no law. Yet Iran is treating him like a pawn in a game of chess. President Rouhani's demand that America release 19 criminals in exchange for his consideration of releasing individuals like my husband, imprisoned solely for his faith, demonstrates that the Iran of today is no different than the Iran who took Americans hostage during the Iranian revolution," Naghmeh Abedini said. (Read more)
- Lord we pray that somehow You will release Pastor Saeed at this time. Bring dreams, and fear of the Lord upon this Iranian government, that they would release the Americans they hold regardless of the "deals" made or not made by men. We pray for his release in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- " . . . to make Your name known to Your adversaries, that the nations may tremble at Your Presence. . . " (Isaiah 64:2)
6. Shaken by Taliban Victory in Kunduz, Afghans Flee Another Provincial Capital - New York Times
The test facing the Afghan government now is not just whether it can quickly mount a counterattack and retake Kunduz, the northern city that fell to the Taliban on Monday, but whether it can prevent a nearby provincial capital from falling as well.
Accounts from the neighboring province of Baghlan on Wednesday showed that the collapse of government forces in Kunduz against less numerous Taliban forces was prompting a crisis of confidence in the neighboring province of Baghlan, where wealthier citizens and those with government connections have begun to leave for the relative safety of their hometowns. (Read more)
- Lord, we pray for the people of Afghanistan, that Your Holy Spirit will visit them and show them the way to salvation. We ask for You to stop the Taliban and by the power of Your Mighty Heavenly Wind, put them on their knees before you.
- " . . . Every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
7. U.S. Gives 1,519 Engaged in Terrorism "While Under Duress" Residency, Asylum - Judicial Watch
As if the President Obama's sweeping amnesty measures haven't compromised national security enough, the administration let 1,519 "inadmissible" foreigners embroiled in terrorism into the U.S. last year because the crimes were committed "while under duress."
Before the Obama administration tweaked a federal law last year, these foreign nationals would have been banned from the country for supporting terrorist causes. But under the changes the Secretary of Homeland Security has "discretionary authority" to waive certain grounds of inadmissibility relating to terrorism. We've seen this discretionary authority abused in the last few years and in fact, the administration has eliminated a zero tolerance policy for granting asylum or residency to individuals who have provided any sort of terrorism-related support. (Read more)
- Lord, with this administration leaving Christians no place to go, now showing terrorists the path to asylum we know that You are unhappy with these people. We pray that You would show them the truth, and release our brethren from the demonic captivity they are in. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me . . . to proclaim liberty to the captives." (Isaiah 61:1)
8. 'Beyond Belief': Obama Moves to Close Last US Uranium Plant - Newsmax
The Obama administration plans to close the last remaining American-owned uranium enrichment facility in the United States, even as it moves forward on a controversial nuclear deal with Iran that permits the Islamic Republic to conduct ongoing and significant uranium enrichment. The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has informed Centrus Energy it will end the American Centrifuge project in Piketon, Ohio, on Sept. 30. Notices have been issued to some 235 workers that their jobs are in jeopardy.
"We have concluded that continued support from the federal government for additional data from Piketon operations has limited remaining value," a joint DOE/National Nuclear Security Administration statement said, reports the Chillicothe Gazette.
"This is beyond belief," Rep. Brad Wenstrup, R-Ohio, responded in a statement. "While this administration is greenlighting uranium enrichment in Iran and legitimizing 6,000 Iranian centrifuges, they're shutting down domestic production here in America." Wenstrup called the closure decision "a dangerous threat to our national security." (Read more)
- Lord we cannot conceive of why our government would do this except to leave us vulnerable to the world powers that still enrich uranium. We thank You that You are our source and our fortress, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." (Psalm 91:2)
9. Major Hurricane Joaquin to Hammer US East Coast With Flooding, Strong Winds; Now Expected to Strengthen to Category 4 Tonight - Accuweather.com
Hurricane Joaquin has the potential to reach the eastern United States coast this weekend, but there is still the possibility that the storm goes out to sea.
Even if the storm remains offshore, moisture from the storm will still get pulled into the mid-Atlantic and Carolinas, which will likely lead to heavy rainfall and flooding.
Hurricane Joaquin is rapidly intensifying. Joaquin reached Category 3 status late Wednesday evening. The storm is now expected to strengthen into a Category 4 storm on Thursday night.
After it passes just northeast of the Bahamas Thursday, Joaquin will begin to turn north and parallel the East Coast on Friday and Saturday. (Read more)
- Father we pray for Your hand to stay the power of this hurricane, and protect the East coast from major flooding. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
"The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble." (Psalm 41:1b)
10. Breaking! MULTIPLE CASUALTIES' REPORTED IN SHOOTING AT OREGON COMMUNITY COLLEGE- Fox News
LOCAL MEDIA, CITING OREGON STATE POLICE, is reporting at least a dozen killed in a shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore. SWAT teams reportedly are moving building-to-building, but the Douglas County, Ore., sheriff is telling Fox News that there no longer is an active threat. (Read more)
- Lord God, we cry out to You for mercy for the people of Roseburg, Oregon, as they deal with this horrific shooting. We are grateful, Lord, to know that the shooter is now in custody, and we lift up all officials as they work to minister to the afflicted, and to sort out the chaos.
And Abba, on this very special day at the United Nations, we ask that our American citizens not lose sight of the message of Bibi Netanyahu, as Congress continues to work in developing our policy with his nation. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Prophecy watch--Russia in Syria
Not far from the Israeli border, Russian jets are making bombing runs. The French and the US State Department (whose credibility themselves is questionable these days) say, however, that Russia is actually assisting the Assad government (a vassal state of Iran). According to AP, "the Russian Defense Ministry said its warplanes targeted and destroyed eight positions belonging to extremists from the IS group...But French Defense Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told lawmakers in Paris: "Curiously, they didn't hit Islamic State...US Defense Secretary Ash Carter also said the Russians appeared to have targeted areas that did not include IS militants." Those who watch prophecy may be drawing different conclusions.
Some use verses in Ezekiel 38 and 39 point to a colossal end time battle where parts of modern day Turkey, Iran, Libya and others led by Russia attack Israel. But what the does the Bible really say about Russia? The venerable King James Version of the Bible says this in Ezekiel 38:2-3: "Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus says the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal." So where is Russia in this? Some Bible scholars believe the Hebrew word "Rosh" means "Russia." In reality, the Hebrew word "Rosh" has always meant "Chief" or "Head"--never "Russia."
Using the "Complete Jewish Bible" translation, which took the Hebrew and directly translated it to English, these verses read: "Human being, turn your face toward God (of the land of Magog), chief prince of Meshekh and Tuval...I am against you Gog, chief prince of Meshekh and Tuval." If this word "Rosh" meant "Russia," the verses would read, "I am against you Gog, Russia prince of Meshekh and Tuval." This makes no sense. Another verse, Ezekiel 38:15 says, "And thou shalt come from thy place out of the North parts..." Because Moscow is directly North of Israel, these theorists use this verse to justify Russia as the leader of this deadly coalition. But they are overlooking a tiny geographical and historical fact.
Directly North of Israel, on the way to Moscow, is Turkey. Historically, the regions spoken of in Ezekiel--Magog, Meshech and Tubal--are located on the ancient maps of the former Assyrian Empire, now in Turkey. In fact, the Biblical references to the "antichrist" are "the Assyrian"--that's another study. There is no doubt that Russia (formerly the Soviet Union) has played a prophetic role in opposing Israel. Russia supplied the weaponry for the Arab nations against Israel in 1948, 1967, and 1973. Russia also supplies weapons to the terrorists attacking Israel today; technology and expertise for Iran's nuclear program, and on and on. No doubt this will continue. Russia is an instigator, a supplier, a political force against Israel, but it is not Gog or Magog. And more events must align before the Ezekiel 38 prophecy is fulfilled.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Pope John's Visit (Part Four)
POPE FRANCIS IN AMERICA-FAITH AND RELIGIOUS FREEDOM
Speech Outside Independence Hall
Pope Francis addresses religious liberty on Saturday in a speech in front of Independence Hall in Philadelphia:
"In this place which is symbolic of the American way, I would like to reflect with you on the right to religious freedom. It is a fundamental right which shapes the way we interact socially and personally with our neighbors whose religious views differ from our own. Religious freedom certainly means the right to worship God, individually and in community, as our consciences dictate. But religious liberty, by its nature, transcends places of worship and the private sphere of individuals and families. . . . Our rich religious traditions . . . call to conversion, reconciliation, concern for the future of society, self-sacrifice in the service of the common good, and compassion for those in need. At the heart of their spiritual mission is the proclamation of the truth and dignity of the human person and human rights. . . . In a world where various forms of modern tyranny seek to suppress religious freedom, or try to reduce it to a subculture without right to a voice in the public square, or to use religion as a pretext for hatred and brutality, it is imperative that the followers of the various religions join their voices in calling for peace, tolerance and respect for the dignity and rights of others."
(Source: Congressional Prayer Caucus)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
"The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer." (Psalm 18:2)
1. 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, and to take him at his word; just to rest upon his promise, and to know, "Thus saith the Lord."
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him! How I've proved him o'er and o'er! Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust him more!
2. O how sweet to trust in Jesus, just to trust his cleansing blood; and in simple faith to plunge me neath the healing, cleansing flood!
3. Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus, just from sin and self to cease; just from Jesus simply taking life and rest, and joy and peace.
4. I'm so glad I learned to trust thee, precious Jesus, Savior, friend; and I know that thou art with me, wilt be with me to the end.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Text: Louisa M. R. Stead, c. 1850-1917
Music: William J. Kirkpatrick, 1838-1921
Signs and Wonders
Palestinian flag flies over U.N. as hurricane brews in Atlantic
Wednesday's announcement by Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas that the Palestinians will no longer abide by the Oslo Accords and the raising of the flag of Palestine for the first time over the United Nations in New York could be ominous signs for the future of peace in the Middle East, say experts in Bible prophecy.
Jonathan Cahn, author of the New York Times bestsellers "The Harbinger" and "The Mystery of the Shemitah," said the flag raising is a significant symbolic moment in history.
"It's a precursor to the United Nations recognizing Palestine," Cahn told WND.
And it comes about a month after Pope Francis and the Vatican recognized the state of Palestine.
"Palestine is the name given to the land of Israel by the Romans, who sought to erase the connection of the Jewish people to the Promised Land. It literally means 'Land of the Philistines,'" Cahn said.
In other words, the very name, "Palestine" was given to the area as a snub to the Jewish people because the Philistines were their ancient biblical enemy.
At the same moment the flag was raised, Mahmoud Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority, told the world that the Oslo Accord Peace Agreement was now dead and the Palestinians would no longer be bound by the Accords.
"All security agreements with Israel are now annulled. He called on Palestinians to resist Israel," Cahn said. "All of these things will tend toward conflict and possibly war." (Read more)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Newly Discovered 3,000-Year-Old Seal Sheds Light on Kingdom of David
Recent finds from the Temple Mount Sifting Project as well as from other local excavations from around the Temple Mount area, indicate that the descriptions found within the Biblical text relating to Jerusalem are more authentic than most critics have claimed.
(Israel)-A rare, 3,000-year-old seal dating back to the time of King David was recently discovered in Jerusalem. Even more amazing is that the seal was uncovered by a 10-year-old Russian volunteer, Matvei Tcepliaev, taking part in the Temple Mount Sifting Project, under the auspices of Bar-Ilan University and with the support of the City of David Foundation.
The seal was only recently deciphered by archaeologists. According to Dr. Gabriel Barkay, co-founder and Director of the Temple Mount Sifting Project, "the seal is the first of its kind to be found in Jerusalem".
Barkay said that the seal has special significance due to its age and the context of its location. "The dating of the seal corresponds to the historical period of the Jebusites and the conquest of Jerusalem by. . . "
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Sha'arei Tsion (The Gates of Zion)
by Carolyn Hyde
Yes, Lord, we stand at Your Gates and we worship You!