CHPP Daily Brief: "Praying for All in Authority" Monday, October 19, 2015
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, October 19, 2015
" . . . but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57)
[This streamlined edition of the Daily Brief will be published today and tomorrow.]
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Zeph. 3:17)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Huge fire destroys 35 buses in Ramat Gan - YNET News
Police announced on Sunday morning that a fire that destroyed 35 buses in Ramat Gan the day before was not caused by a criminal act and that an examination of 15 security cameras showed no one suspicious entering the premises.
Furthermore, fire and rescue services said the rate at which the first bus burned was too slow to be consistent with arson.
The fire erupted Saturday afternoon at a Dan bus lines' company parking lot located adjacent to the Ayalon mall, immediately spreading among the closely packed buses, though no injuries were reported.
2. Hundreds rally for peace in Jerusalem, Beersheba - Times of Israel
Hundreds of Israeli Jews and Arabs gathered in Jerusalem on Saturday night, calling for an end to the weeks of violence and a resumption of peace negotiations between Israeli and Palestinian leaders.
About 1,500 people took part in a demonstration at Gan Hasus (the Horse Park) in Jerusalem, and continued marching through the center of the city. Several right-wing activists protested on the sidelines as well.
3. Terrorist opens fire at Beersheba bus station, kills one, wounds 11 - Times of Israel
An IDF soldier was killed and 11 more people were injured in a terror attack at the Central Bus Station in the southern city of Beersheba Sunday night.
Among the injured was an Eritrean man shot and seriously wounded by responding security forces, who initially mistook him for a terrorist.
4. Three Palestinians attempt stabbings in Hebron, Jerusalem, and are killed - Times of Israel
A Palestinian woman was shot dead Saturday morning by the policewoman she tried to stab near the Tomb of the Patriarchs in Hebron, in the third attempted stabbing attack of the day and the second in West Bank city, a frequent flashpoint city where a few hundred Jews live in close proximity to tens of thousands of Palestinians.
The Palestinian teen arrived at a Border Police base near the West Bank city and attacked the policewoman, who sustained light injuries to her hands, according to initial reports. The Border Police officer shot her attacker, killing her.
5. Netanyahu rejects French proposal, says Israel not the problem at Temple Mount - Jerusalem Post
Israel is not the problem at the Temple Mount, but rather the solution, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at Sunday morning's cabinet meeting, rebuffing a French proposal to place international observers at the holy site.
"We are preserving the status quo," he said. "We are the only ones doing that, and will continue to do this responsibly and seriously."
He reiterated what he has been saying for weeks, that the only change in the status quo has been efforts organized by the Israeli Islamic Movement and other "outside forces" to bring explosives into the mosques on the site and "attack Jews from them."
This is the change in the status quo that has caused all the events there over the last year, he said.
6. Netanyahu to offer Kerry no concessions for Abbas - Jerusalem Post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will not offer any concessions to the Palestinians during his scheduled meeting in Berlin later this week with US Secretary of State John Kerry, a senior official in the Prime Minister's Office said Sunday night.
Rather, the official said, he will demand that the Palestinians stop the incitement that is fueling the terrorism.
Kerry confirmed Sunday that he is scheduled to meet Netanyahu later this week in Berlin, and then Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Jordan's King Abdullah II in the region. The meeting with Netanyahu is slated for Thursday, if the security situation allows the premier and some of his top ministers to travel to Berlin on Wednesday for an already once-postponed government-to-government German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
7. Hamas said to be plotting big West Bank terror attack - Times of Israel
Hamas operatives in the West Bank are plotting a major terror attack against Israelis, Channel 10 quoted unnamed Palestinian security officials saying Friday.
While Palestinian Authority forces are working to prevent attacks, their rivals in the Islamist movement are investing considerable resources in trying to carry out a large-scale attack in the West Bank, the channel reported.
8. 'If violence continues, Israel to begin banishing Palestinians to Gaza' - Jerusalem Post
"If the terrorist attacks continue, we will begin deporting the families of terrorists to the Gaza Strip," Channel 10 TV quoted a senior Israeli defense official as saying on Friday.
The remarks came against the backdrop of a noted decrease in the number of acts of violence in the West Bank, Gaza, and Israel proper on Friday.
9. Weekly update from Insight for Intercessors
For update go here
The Daily Brief
1. Israel rejects any international intervention at Temple Mount - Koenig
At Security Council meeting, UN chief's representative says both sides to blame for violence, criticizes Israel's 'heavy-handed' actions.
Israel on Friday rejected Palestinian calls for an international force to be deployed in East Jerusalem to promote calm around the Temple Mount and the flashpoint Al-Aqsa Mosque.
"Let me be crystal clear - Israel will not agree to any international presence on the Temple Mount. Such a presence would be a change in the status quo," Israeli Deputy Ambassador David Roet told the UN Security Council.
The 15-member council met in an emergency session to discuss weeks of escalating violence between Israel and the Palestinians in Jerusalem and the territories.
- Heavenly Father, we bind the deception behind the idea of international forces being on the Temple Mount so that there will be 'peace'. The issue has nothing to do with foreign forces being present there. We ask You, Father, to expose the truth to the world where they cannot deny it, and to 'crush and shut down' the violence being incited by the UN and nations who believe the lies. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, and do not be still, O God! For behold, Your enemies make a tumult; and those who hate You have lifted up their head." (Psalm 83:1-2 NKJV)
2. 'France advancing plan to deploy international observers at Jerusalem's Temple Mount' - Koenig
France is drafting a 'presidential statement' in order to advance a plan to station international observers at Jerusalem's Temple Mount to ensure that the status quo at the site is preserved, French daily Le Figaro reported on Saturday, quoting French diplomatic sources.
French Ambassador to the UN Francois Delattre said, at an emergency meeting on Friday of the UN Security Council on the ongoing violence between Israel and the Palestinians, that he would circulate a draft statement to the council that would appeal for calm and restraint and for a revival of the stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process, and for maintaining the status quo at the Temple Mount.
Statements by the 15-member council must be agreed unanimously.
- Abba Father, France is one of the nations which has been persuaded that Israel is 'to blame' for the violence occurring, and so is actually encouraging what is happening there. We ask that You confront the French leadership with the immensity of what they are involved with, by the pushing of UN forces to be assigned to the Temple Mount. We ask that You evoke instead, an intense fear of You within each of the French leaders encouraging this action, so that they will stop these actions against Your special people and Your special land, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- But the Lord is with me as a mighty, awesome One. Therefore my persecutors will stumble, and will not prevail. They will be greatly ashamed, for they will not prosper. Their everlasting confusion will never be forgotten." (Jeremiah 20:11 NKJV)
3. US confirms Iran tested nuclear-capable ballistic missile - Koenig
The United States has confirmed that Iran tested a medium-range missile capable of delivering a nuclear weapon, in "clear violation" of a United Nations Security Council ban on ballistic missile tests, a senior US official said on Friday.
"The United States is deeply concerned about Iran's recent ballistic missile launch," US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power said in a statement.
"After reviewing the available information, we can confirm that Iran launched on Oct. 10 a medium-range ballistic missile inherently capable of delivering a nuclear weapon," she said. "This was a clear violation of UN Security Council Resolution 1929."
- Heavenly Father, why is US leadership acting 'surprised' that Iran would launch and test this ICBM? Father, have mercy for Your people's sake, both in Israel and Your remnant, as it is increasingly evident what a serious destructive 'danger' has been loosed upon the world by this so called 'agreement' concerning Iranian nuclear power. 'Mercy', we cry 'Mercy', praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Arise, O God, judge the earth; for You shall inherit all nations." (Psalm 82:8 NKJV)
4. Iran rejects criticism of missile test slammed by US, France - Koenig
Iran said on Saturday that its recent test launch of a long-range missile does not violate UN Security Council resolutions as claimed by the United States and France.
"Our missile tests have nothing to do with Resolution 2231, which only mentions missiles designed to carry nuclear warheads," Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told a news conference.
Speaking in Tehran alongside his German counterpart Frank-Walter Steinmeier, he added: "None of the Islamic Republic of Iran's missiles have been designed for nuclear capabilities."
- Heavenly Father, we have to admit we are not the least bit surprised by this Iranian rejection of any criticism they have received for launching and performing this long-range missile test so soon after their agreement concerning nuclear power. We know that Iran has no problem putting forth deceptive words, and that they cannot be trusted. We pray that You will thwart and turn back on them multiple times any action they are involved with as to destruction against Your special land and people. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Am I a God near at hand,' says the Lord, 'And not a God afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?' says the Lord; 'Do I not fill heaven and earth?' says the Lord." (Jeremiah 23:23-24 NKJV)
5. State Department: Yeah, Christianity Is Under Attack Worldwide - Townhall
With the rise of the Islamic State the world has witnessed the persecution of Christians at an alarming rate. But the religious group is being targeted well beyond the confines of the Middle East, the State Department's annual International Religious Liberty report found.
In West Africa, Islamic extremist group Boko Haram has made their lives no better.
The report also discusses China's crackdown on Christian churches, other symbols of the faith, and pastors.
The congressionally-mandated report studies the treatment of religious minorities by each nation and non-state actor. And while the persecution of Christians isn't the sole focus of the report, which also found anti-Semitism on the rise, for example, it did make up a relatively large portion of the review.
"In the report's Executive Summary, Christians are mentioned 23 times in 6 pages, and they are always cited as victims, never perpetrators, of religious persecution," Catholic League President Bill Donohue said in a statement.
- Heavenly Father, may the members of the US Congress acknowledge the persecution, which is occurring worldwide. May they respond in an appropriate manner to speak out and seek to protect these people, both Christian and Jewish, who are being persecuted. Father, we ask that You confront them in their innermost parts so they will respond and act to counter this reported persecution. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
-"Now therefore, amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the Lord your God; then the Lord will relent concerning the doom that He has pronounced against you." (Jeremiah 26:13 NKJV)
6. Obama Plans Takedown of Another U.S. Ally -- Canada Free Press
Harper, in power since 2006, has truly been the leader of the Free World over the last seven years. He is a reminder of what an American president should be standing for in the world. No wonder Obama wants to finish him off.
President Obama failed to take out Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu but now he's going after Canada's Conservative Party Prime Minister Stephen Harper, a big supporter of Israel and opponent of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
It's a story the U.S. media won't cover. But Judi McLeod of the Canada Free Press has been documenting how Obama is planning the "fundamental transformation" of Canada by taking down Harper's government and bringing to power a progressive majority assembled from Canada's Liberal Party and New Democratic Party (NDP), an affiliate of the Socialist International.
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to send Your guardian angels to surround and protect Prime Minister Harper of Canada, as he campaigns for another term, continuing the special protection through the election process. We seek this angelic protection, as he is a strong supporter of Israel as well as a truth teller of the dangers which can arise from actions by Russian President Vladimir Putin. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
-"But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one." (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
7. Muddy mess left in wake of Southern California thunderstorms - FoxNews
A section of Southern California found itself waist-deep in mud as the weekend arrived, and a highway overtaken by flowing debris looked like a buried junkyard of hundreds of cars that would likely take days to dig up.
The worst of the thunderstorms had passed, but the continued chance of rain could dampen cleanup and relief efforts in northern Los Angeles County's Antelope Valley, where the most serious slides occurred.
On Friday, rescuers and those stranded in the highway debris flow described a chaotic scene that somehow left no reported injuries or deaths.
"It was terrifying," 51-year-old Rhonda Flores of Bakersfield told The Associated Press. "It was a raging river of mud. I've never experienced anything like it, ever."
Rescuers threw ladders and tarps across mud up to 6 feet deep to help the hundreds of trapped people from cars that got caught in the roiling river of mud along State Route 58 about 30 miles east of Bakersfield, a major trucking route, California Highway Patrol officials said.
They were rescued in darkness about 10 hours after the storm hit and taken to three shelters.
- Heavenly Father, we are thankful that no one died because of these horrific landslides which happened due to the powerful thunderstorms that occurred in drought damaged California. We ask You to send a gentle soaking rain that will nurture the soil so that they can start recovering from the devastating drought which exists there, and we ask that the destructive overwhelming rains will cease. Have mercy and help them, Father, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, for You will answer me." (Psalm 86:7 NKJV)
The Good News Corner
Escaped! One of Chibok Schoolgirls-Kidnapped by Boko Haram-Flees and is Rescued; What She Says about the Others. . .
According to reports, one of the 276 girls, kidnapped in April of 2014 by the Nigerian terror group Boko Haram, recently escaped and was found by herdsman who brought her to soldiers in the area.
Noting that dozens of the kidnapped girls were still alive, the girl stated that, "All of us were forced to become Muslims but kept in camps far from each other. You can only see and recognize those in your camp as any of us who refused being Islamized was either beheaded or shot at point blank range."
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.