Amazing DOUBLE ECLIPSE seen over Israel on September 13th! For details, see below!
Ten Days of Awe:
Conference Call Until Sept. 23
9-10 am Eastern
For more details, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
"All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you,
they sing the praises of your name." (Psalm 66:4)
"Praise Him with the sound of the shofar." (Psalm 150:3)
Abide in Me . . .
Abide in Me . . .
Day Nine: Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Are you searching for peace -- the kind of peace that surpasses all understanding? Do you long for serenity strong enough to see you through the darkest nights of your life? Reach out to God. Let him be your strong and constant comfort in the storms that surround you.
Additional thought for today:
No God . . . no peace; know God . . . know peace. Amen.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6,7)
Join us every night through Tuesday, Sept. 29th, as we abide together in His presence . . .
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 596015#
Time: 9:00 p.m. EDT/8:00 p.m. CDT/7:00 p.m. MDT/ 6:00 p.m. PDT
We welcome you all to come and join us in these very special times of worship, fellowship and fresh anointing as we continue our 21-day vigil to Abide in His Glory. Amen!
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Watch: Surprising floods in Israel's south - Jerusalem Online
Storm clouds started gathering in Israel's south this afternoon, leading to heavy rains and floods for the first time this seasons. Israel's Water Authority reported that these were "the earliest floods ever to be documented." (Read more)
2. Saudi FM: 'Zionist enemy' trying to seize al-Aqsa Mosque - Times of Israel
Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir accused the "Zionist enemy" of trying to "seize" the al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem, after Israeli police officers clashed with masked Muslim rock-throwers on the Temple Mount.
The officers entered the site on Sunday morning, after intelligence information gathered by security forces revealed a plan for an organized riot on the Temple Mount, with protesters stockpiling rocks and firecrackers as well as a barricade at an entrance to the mosque, police said. Police said that pipe bombs were also found at the entrance to the the mosque. (Read more)
3. Power Cuts Prompt Palestinians to Take to Gaza Streets in Largest Protests in Years - The New York Times
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Several hundred Palestinians demonstrated in central Gaza on Monday evening over increasing power cuts, the latest in a series of protests that appear to have erupted over the issue.
The demonstrations, which began Saturday in Rafah, a southern city in the Gaza Strip, are the largest in years. Still, it is uncertain if the protesters can sustain their momentum, and it is unclear if they will pose a challenge to Gaza's Hamas rulers. (Read more)
4. Rocket fired from Gaza falls inside Gaza - report - Times of Israel
A rocket was fired from the Gaza Strip at Israel early Wednesday, but fell short of the border and landed in the Palestinian coastal territory.
According to a report in the Gaza website "Gaza now," quoted by the Israeli news site Walla, the rocket fell in the central Gaza city of Deir el-Balah. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu set to meet with Obama in November - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will travel to Washington in two months and meet with U.S. President Barack Obama in what will likely be a tense encounter, coming in the wake of the battle over the Iran nuclear deal.
According to Israeli diplomatic officials in Jerusalem, the meeting will take place on November 9.
On Friday, White House spokesman Josh Earnest said the exact date for the meeting was still being finalized but that it was likely to be in early November. (Read more)
6. Shaked: New Rabbinical Court 'A Revolution for Israel' - Israel National News
A new era in religious adjudication has begun, Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked said over the weekend, as a committee to appoint new religious judges for Israel's rabbinical courts chose 22 new judges - eight of them associated with the Religious Zionist movement. The fourteen-hour meeting ended last Friday morning at 3 AM, with the committee choosing, along with the eight Religious Zionist rabbis, seven each from the Ashkenazic and Sephardic haredi communities.
This was the first time in five years the committee appointed any new rabbinical judges, known in Hebrew as dayanim. Over the years, different groups had jockeyed for influence in the appointment process, and the previous two governments did not force the issue, as the current government of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has. (Read more)
7. Netanyahu heading to Russia to warn of Syria aid threats - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will travel to Russia next week to speak with President Vladimir Putin about the deployment of Moscow's forces to Syria and the threats to Israel caused by weapon deliveries to Damascus, his office said Wednesday.
Netanyahu will discuss the dangers Israel faces if Hezbollah and other terror groups obtain Russian advanced weapons shipments, according to a government press release.
Russian government spokesman Dmitry Peskov confirmed that the meeting was to to take place on Monday, Sputnik News reported.
Israel opposes Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime, but has mostly sought to avoid being dragged into the conflict in neighboring Syria. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Senate Democrats Again Block Yes/No Vote on Iran Deal, But There IS a "Plan B" - CBN and Breaking Christian News
Senate Democrats have done it again, filibustering a Republican attempt to vote on President Barack Obama's nuclear deal with Iran.
It's the second time the Democrats have blocked the Senate from having a say on the controversial deal.
While a significant majority of 56 senators voted to let the Senate do its job, Republicans needed 60 votes to get past the filibuster.
Since the congressional review period for the deal expires Thursday, Republicans plan to vote then on a new measure. It would stop the president from lifting sanctions on Iran unless Tehran recognizes the state of Israel and releases Americans detained in Iran. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that the Republicans in the Senate are not yet giving up on this effort to keep the sanctions in place in Iran, and to see our 4 prisoners set free, as shown above. In the "rough and tumble" environment of this august chamber, we ask that Your grace would rest upon all members so that only godly outcomes will be achieved regarding the Iran deal, in the days ahead.
- "I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars." (Isaiah 45:2)
2. North Korea says its atomic complex has restarted, vows nuclear attack - (Christian Science Monitor)
North Korea said Tuesday that it was ready to use nuclear weapons "any time" against the United States and reaffirmed that its main nuclear complex was in full operation.
"If the US and other hostile forces persistently seek their reckless hostile policy towards" the North, the country "is fully ready to cope with them with nuclear weapons any time," the unnamed director of the North's Atomic Energy Institute was quoted as saying by the state-run Korean Central News Agency. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we praise You that You are still on the throne and You know what is happening everywhere! Lord God Almighty send Your angels to dismantle North Korea's nuclear arsenal. The North Korean Nuclear treaty was the disaster of the 1990's. Now, we are trying to once again destroy ourselves by signing an agreement with Iran. O Lord God save us from our own blindness. We stand in the gap for our nation and repent for our sins and the sins of our forefathers. Have mercy on us O Lord and come soon. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Righteousness belongs to You, O Lord, but to us open shame, because of their unfaithful deeds which they have committed against You. Open shame belongs to us, O Lord, to our kings, our princes and our fathers, because we have sinned against You. To the Lord our God belong compassion and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against Him; nor have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in His teachings which He set before us through His servants the prophets." (Daniel 9:7-9)
3. Russia shipping tanks into Syria, in 'first clear sign of offensive weapons' - Fox News
Russia's military build-up in Syria has grown to include the shipment of a half-dozen highly sophisticated battle tanks -- and more troops -- a defense official told Fox News, in what the source called the "first clear sign of offensive weapons arriving in Syria." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask that You would guide and direct President Obama and President Putin to talks that would deescalate the tension between our two countries. Russia's military buildup in Syria has given the United States and President Obama cause for concern. Abba, we ask that You would expose President Putin's hidden agenda for the region. Abba, other sources say that this is the beginning of a Russia/Iran/Syria axis of power. May the Moslems destroy their own axis of power. O Lord we ask for mercy for the poor Syrian people who are just pawns in President Assad's lust for power. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Multitudes, multitudes in thevalley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. The sun and moon grow dark And the stars lose their brightness." (Joel 3:14-15)
4. Jordan king warns Israel over Jerusalem holy site violence - CBS News
"We have gotten reassurances from the Israelis government that this would not happen. Unfortunately, these are reassurances we have heard in the past," the king said. "Any more provocations in Jerusalem, will affect the relationship between Jordan and Israel; and Jordan will have no choice, but to take action, unfortunately." (Read here)
- Abba Father, we praise You and we worship You. We give You thanks that You can make sense of this report. Israelis are attacked, and Jordan protests because of Israeli security response to protect its own. Lord, this is Your land, and many are trying to divide it. We stand in the gap and ask for Your mercy. We know that there will be no peace in Jerusalem until You return. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May they prosper who love you. "May peace be within your walls, And prosperity within your palaces."
For the sake of my brothers and my friends, I will now say, "May peace be within you." For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your good." (Psalm 122:6-9)
5. For Those Who Remain in Syria, Daily Life Is a Nightmare - New York Times
As crowds of Syrians transfix the world with their flight to Europe, this kind of life is one of the many nightmares they are fleeing. They leave behind increasingly empty neighborhoods - from the Damascus suburbs to the northern city of Aleppo - that testify to the scale of their exodus. (Read more)
- Abba Father the crisis in Syria is beyond imagination. O Lord God have mercy! The situation in places like Douma are a nightmare. But Abba it is not a nightmare, but a reality. Have mercy on these people. Lord let there be a multinational peace effort for this region. Abba may ISIS be defeated. Abba may the killing stop. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- " . . . Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son." (John 14:13)
6. Commander admits size of US-trained Syrian fighting force at '4 or 5' - Fox News
The top U.S. military commander for the Middle East admitted Wednesday that only "four or five" U.S.-trained fighters remain on the battlefield in Syria, leading to accusations from lawmakers that the program is a "joke" and "total failure."
Gen. Lloyd Austin, commander of the U.S. Central Command, addressed the state of the so-called "train and equip" mission in testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee.
The original goal for the first year was to train roughly 5,400 fighters to take on the Islamic State. But the first group of 54 U.S.-trained fighters was attacked by a Syrian affiliate of Al Qaeda, which killed and captured several of them and sent others fleeing.
For the first time Wednesday, the U.S. military acknowledged hardly any remain. (Read more)
- Father God, so many things are now coming to light as You continue to answer the prayers of the saints and cause hidden things to be revealed. Abba, this report is tragic. We ask for an immediate increase in our force strength in Syria, that we may remain a strong support to others who are fighting against ISIS. We ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:q14)
7. 8 dead, 5 missing as Utah flood sweeps away cars - AOL.com
Several vehicles were reportedly swept into waterways after heavy rains hit at approximately 5 p.m. MT, including two vehicles that had been carrying 16 people in Maxwell Canyon north of the city, said Kevin Barlow, assistant fire chief. The victims included women and small children. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask for Your mercy for those who are in the path of these flood waters. Abba, we need the water, but not this flooding that kills and destroys. We ask for the latter rains that are gentle and will bring forth fruit from the land. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "When the heavens are shut up and there is no rain, because they have sinned against You, and they pray toward this place and confess Your name and turn from their sin when You afflict them, then hear in heaven and forgive the sin of Your servants and of Your people Israel, indeed, teach them the good way in which they should walk. And send rain on Your land, which You have given Your people for an inheritance." (I King 8:35-36)
8. California wildfires: 23,000 people displaced from homes - CNN
The governor of California has declared a state of emergency after wildfires forced about 23,000 people to flee their homes in the north of the state. Governor Jerry Brown said the fires, which have left one person dead, destroyed and threatened buildings in the Napa and Lake counties. More than 1,300 people fled Middletown, north of San Francisco, as their homes were consumed by the flames. (Read more)
- Abba Father, the fire situation in Northern California is horrific. Towns and suburbs have disappeared. So many have been left homeless with nothing more than the clothes on their back. Lord, we thank You for the many that have come to help with clothes and food. Lord, we need the rain to put the fires out. Forgive us for our sins O Lord and send the rain. Lord we repent of our wicked ways. Have mercy on us, and send the rain. Protect the firefighters and all first responders. Keep them safe. Please comfort all who have lost their homes, and give them strength for today and hope for tomorrow. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will extol Him." (Exodus 15:2)
9. "October Baby" Abortion Survivor's Testimony against Planned Parenthood in Congress Goes Viral - LifeSite News
Thirty-eight years ago, Gianna Jessen survived an abortion. Now, after giving her testimony before Congress last week, more than 2.1 million people have heard her story in a video that has gone viral.
"After 18 hours of being burned in my mother's womb, I was delivered alive in an abortion clinic in Los Angeles," Jessen told Congress last week. "Victory!"
Jessen, who was born six weeks early, has become a pro-life activist despite being born at only two pounds and with cerebral palsy because of the attempted abortion.
"I am alive because of the power of Jesus Christ alone, in whom I live, move, and have my being. Without Him I would have nothing; with Him, I have all," Jessen said in her testimony to the House Judiciary Committee.
Click here to read more of Jessen's powerful testimony.
- Hallelujah, Lord!! Not only that this survivor was able to give her testimony before a congressional committee, but also because her words are now going viral across our nation. Lord God, the light is shining in the darkness; may many now see, repent, and turn from the pro-choice agenda to support LIFE, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Arise, shine; for your light has come,
And the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.
"For behold, darkness will cover the earth
And deep darkness the peoples;
But the Lord will rise upon you
And His glory will appear upon you.
"Nations will come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising." (Isaiah 60:1-3)
10. Surprise Ruling: EU Court of Human Rights Upholds Italy's Ban on Embryo Research - Breaking Christian News
The Grand Chamber of the European Court of Human Rights recently affirmed Italy's right to protect human embryos as it sees fit, in a ruling that rejected an Italian woman's request that she be allowed to donate her cryogenically frozen embryos to scientific research. Adelina Parrillo was challenging a law passed in Italy in 2004 that prohibits research on human embryos, on the grounds that the law is "incompatible with her right to respect for her private life and her right to the peaceful enjoyment of her possessions," as guaranteed by the European Convention of Human Rights.
"The right to life is absolute, and this fundamental tenet makes it unnecessary to explain why a murderer, a disabled person, an abandoned child or an embryo should be kept alive. We do not need to evaluate their usefulness for society, but we remain hopeful regarding their potential. The embryo's right to life cannot be called into question by the fact that, until implantation, its potential for development is something that can be maintained artificially, because any such new technology is a natural development created by human beings." -Judge Dedov (Read more)
- Father, we praise You for this victory for LIFE. May its blessings resound throughout the chambers of the EU, so that all other pending decisions will begin now to align with Your Word and Your will, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Responsible prophetic discernment
It is easy in these days of 24 hour news and messaging to become so sensitized to current events that we are seeking prophetic signs in everything. Remember what Jesus told the Pharisees and Sadducees who asked him to show them a sign from heaven? In Matthew 16:2-4, Jesus says, "When it is evening, you say, it will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, it will be foul weather today: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, you can discern the face of the sky; but can you not discern the signs of the times." The Holy Scriptures give us what to look for regarding the end times. They are very specific about the time of the Lord's return and what will occur. But we must discern responsibly.
We know, according to the Apostle Paul, that several distinct things must happen before the Lord returns. He writes in 2 Thessalonians 2:2-3, "That you be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." This is very clear: 1) don't be deceived, 2) falling away, 3) antichrist (beast) revealed, 4) sits in the temple as God.
He also writes in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first." So 5) Lord returns with a shout, 6) dead in Christ rise first, 7) saints remaining on earth meet him in the air. This is consistent with Biblical prophecies written about the return of Christ. There is no mention of the stock market or the US political situation, although these things may have a role in moving the prophetic clock forward and are interesting side stories.
We, as saints in these days and as watchmen and teachers, must be responsible in how we explain these events. We must be discerning and careful to not overstate their significance, use inflammatory language, or to tie Biblical absolutes to our subjective opinion in order to advance personal viewpoints. Be careful not to be driven by intrigue or fear, or to be led astray by false doctrine. Be as those in Berea from Acts 17:11, "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." The prophetic must align with scripture. Crying wolf too many times can cause many to stumble. Let us discern responsibly.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
(What Would Jesus Do?)
In recent days, several readers have engaged me with questions about compassion and considering Muslim refugees as a "mission field." No doubt many others are asking themselves, "What would Jesus do?"
As I wrote yesterday, I believe we should take in refugees -- especially the Christians of the Middle East who are facing unimaginable persecution. I can safely say that if relocated to America, they will not be engaging in jihad.
I can also confidently say that while Jesus would want us to act compassionately, there is nothing in his teaching that requires countries to commit suicide. The New Testament teaches Christians that governments are instituted by God to protect the innocent.
Therefore, our government, when considering its immigration and refugee policies, should act in ways that protect Americans as well as those we are trying to help. Open borders that permit convicted criminals to walk in and massive levels of immigration from hostile countries are contrary to that mandate.
I do not believe that the Bible commands us to do things that jeopardize our security, putting more lives at risk. We must address these issues with far more prudence and common sense than is being demonstrated in Washington, D.C., or, seemingly, in Europe. (Gary Bauer)
Al Qaeda & Iran
Al Qaeda & Iran
The Islamic Republic of Iran is once again earning its title as the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism after it released five Al Qaeda leaders from detention.
Western intelligence agencies are on alert, warning, "the release by Iran of senior al Qaeda commanders and operatives represents a significant threat. These are dangerous and experienced operatives with a proven track record in executing deadly terror attacks."
One of the freed terrorists is Saif al Adel. According to an intelligence report cited in British media, Adel participated in the attacks against U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania and the abduction of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl.
Another, Abu al Kheir al Masri, was so important to Al Qaeda that prior to his detention he was viewed as a possible successor to Osama bin Laden.
You may be thinking that Shiite Iran wouldn't dare release these Sunni Al Qaeda extremists. But that misses the bigger picture: Iran and Al Qaeda have an understanding that the West is a common enemy. Osama bin Laden obviously shared the ayatollah's view of America as "the great Satan."
We know of this understanding from documents captured in Osama bin Laden's compound.
Moreover, the Obama Administration frequently pointed to various interactions between Al Qaeda and Iran. Of course, that was when it used to support sanctions against the Islamic Republic because of its terrorist activities.
But thanks to President Obama's nuclear deal and the Democrats in Congress who voted for it, the tyrants in Tehran will be getting as much as $100 billion in sanctions relief to fund Hamas and Hezbollah. (Gary Bauer)
Double Eclipse of the Sun!
Amazing Heavenly Signs:
DOUBLE Eclipse of the Sun: at the End of the Shemitah Year!
Is the Joel 2 Outpouring of the Holy Spirit Imminent?
NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory captured this image of Earth and the moon transiting the sun together on September 13, 2015. The edge of Earth is near the top of the frame. The moon's edge - crisp, because it has no atmosphere - is on the left.
To view this image, go here.
NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory sees dozens of Earth eclipses and several lunar transits each year. On September 13, 2015, it saw the two happening at once.
On Sept. 13th, the sun was eclipsed-twice! No one on Earth has ever seen anything like it. Indeed, it was only visible from Earth orbit. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) recorded the event:
The double eclipse began around 06:30 UT when Earth passed directly between the sun and SDO. The observatory watched as the body of our planet moved slowly across the face of the sun, producing a near black-out. When the Earth finally moved aside about an hour later, another eclipse was in progress. This time, the Moon was in the way. A movie from the SDO science team explains the crazy-perfect alignment required for such a view.
Meanwhile on Earth, an ordinary partial solar eclipse was visible. People in South Africa and parts of Antarctica saw the Moon pass in front of the sun, off-center, producing crescent-shaped shadows and strange sunrises.
This past Sunday (September 13, 2015) was a partial eclipse of the sun as seen from parts of South Africa and Antarctica. At the same time, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) - a satellite in geosynchronous orbit around Earth - caught a rare double eclipse of the sun, first by Earth and then by the moon. NASA said that SDO sees dozens of Earth eclipses and several lunar transits each year from its vantage point in space. This is the first time it has seen two happening at once! NASA explained:
Just as the moon came into SDO's field of view on a path to cross the sun, Earth entered the picture, blocking SDO's view completely. When SDO's orbit finally emerged from behind Earth, the moon was just completing its journey across the sun's face.
(Source: NASA, Hebrew Nation News) To read more, gohere.
"And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke. (fires in the Northwest)
The sun shall be turned into darkness, (solar double eclipse on 9.13.15)
And the moon into blood, (blood moon on 9.28.15)
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord." (Joel 2: 28-31)
Don't forget tonight's Republican presidential debates on CNN. The "happy hour" debate begins at 6:00 p.m. ET and the main debate will follow at 8:00 p.m.
Foreign policy is expected to be the dominant topic in tonight's debate . . (Gary Bauer)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
THE OLD RUGGED CROSS
"The cross of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Galatians 6:14)
On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, The emblem of suffering and shame; And I love that old cross where the dearest and best For a world of lost sinners was slain.
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, Till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, And exchange it some day for a crown.
O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, Has a wondrous attraction for me; For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above To bear it to dark Calvary. Refrain
In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine, A wondrous beauty I see, For 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died, To pardon and sanctify me.
To the old rugged cross I will ever be true; Its shame and reproach gladly bear; Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, Where His glory forever I'll share.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words and Music: George Bennard, 1913
About the Hymn:
The Old Rugged Cross was written in Albion, Michigan. Or Pokagon, Michigan. Or Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. All three towns claim to be the birthplace of this hymn.
Signs and Wonders
No snow: Californian water source at 500-year low
Snow cover in the Sierra Nevada mountain range, a water lifeline for California's cities and agriculture, has hit its lowest level in 500 years, a study said Monday. Measured on April 1, the natural, frozen reservoir was barely five percent of the 1950-2000 average, threatening tens of millions of Californians and the state's $50-billion (44-billion-euro) agriculture sector with chronic water shortages, its authors warned.
(Yahoo News) Read more.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
"It Changed the World": All of Georgia's Fourth-Graders Get Free Pocket-Sized Constitutions
The initiative leads up to the national Constitution Day on Sept. 17, the same day the Constitution was signed in 1787, and schools that receive federal funding are required by law to teach about the Constitution.
(Cumming, GA)-Students across Georgia are receiving pocket-sized copies of the U.S. Constitution, courtesy of the American Legion, local businesses and other civic-minded groups. Georgia State Superintendent of Schools Richard Woods told WSB-TV 2 he believes testing and other priorities have supplanted civics and patriotism in many schools, so he solicited help from local groups, including the American Legion in Cumming, to purchase pocket Constitutions for every fourth grade student in Georgia.
"Talking about what it means to be an American, the greatness of our history, perhaps got pushed aside," said Woods, a Republican and former history teacher.
Veterans doled out the first round of Constitutions at Midway Elementary in Forsyth County Thursday and plan to continue the effort for thousands more students in the coming weeks.
"I was pretty excited because I had never read the Constitution before," one student told the news site.
The tiny books also include the preamble to the Declaration of Independence, as well as the Pledge of Allegiance. "Now I know what the preamble actually is," another student said.
Woods said the goal of the initiative is very simple.
"Hopefully as we begin to roll this out they will become informed citizens, but also engaged citizens take every opportunity to vote and speak," he said.
Teacher Ellen Long seems to think the free Constitutions are a great idea.
"I think it says we really want our fourth graders to understand U.S. history and understand the freedoms we have and where they come from so they can be good American citizens," she said. (Breaking Christian News) Read more.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
For the High Holy Days in Israel:
Hineh Lo Yanum
Hineh lo yanum v'lo yishan
Lo yanum v'lo yishan.
Hineh lo yanum v'lo yishan
He that keepeth Israel
Neither slumbers nor sleeps
Slumbers nor sleeps,
Neither slumbers nor sleeps.
He that keepeth Israel
Neither slumbers nor sleeps
Slumbers nor sleeps.
Enjoy this performance by these Davidic worshippers by going here.
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.