24 hour Prayer Vigil for Pastor Saeed Abedini
9:00 p.m. tomorrow night through 8:00 p.m. on Sunday (EDT)
To join the prayer call:
Dial: (712) 775-7035
Access Code: 281207#
Please share and join as you can.
To learn more, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, September 25, 2015
"Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by." (Isaiah 26:20)
"Praise Him with the sound of the shofar." (Psalm 150:3)
Abide in Me . . .
This is a photo of a church that was left standing in the recent, horrific "Valley Fire" in northern California. The flames surrounded this building, but miraculously stopped at the property line . . . without the assistance of the firefighters. We praise God for this miracle.
Day Eighteen: Friday, September 25, 2015
"We live by faith but not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:7)
Join us every night through Tuesday, Sept. 29th, as we abide together in His presence.
Conference number: 605-562-3140 Access Code: 596015# Time: 9:00 p.m. EDT/8:00 p.m. CDT/7:00 p.m. MDT/ 6:00 p.m. PDT
We welcome you all to come and join us in these very special times of worship, fellowship and fresh anointing as we continue our 21-day vigil to Abide in His Glory.
We continue to join on these glorious conference calls throughout this weekend, and the devotional guide will resume on Monday, September 28th - Day 21!
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. IDF troops arrest Palestinian carrying explosives in Jordan Valley - Times of Israel
Israel Defense Forces troops manning a post in the Jordan Valley arrested a Palestinian man who approached their position carrying an explosive device, the military said Wednesday.
The incident occurred hours after the Yom Kippur holiday ended. The suspect was taken in for interrogation, the army said.
2. Israel eases restrictions for Palestinians as good will gesture for Muslim holiday- Jerusalem Post
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon has authorized a number of eased restrictions to Palestinian Muslims as a good will gesture ahead of the Eid al-Adha holiday which begins Thursday and continues until Tuesday next week.
As part of the eased restrictions, family visits in Israel will be allowed to married Palestinian couples who are residents of the West Bank on Thursday and Friday. Male West Bank Palestinians that are 45 and older, and women who are 30 and older will be given entry to pray at the Temple Mount on Thursday and Friday. Family from abroad will be permitted to visit West Bank Palestinians, who will also be allowed to travel abroad from Ben-Gurion Airport.
3. Senior Israeli official: World needs to see through Abbas's 'charade' - Jerusalem Post
The international community should end the "charade" whereby Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas refuses to negotiate with Israel, deliberately creates a crisis, adds to the crisis through inflammatory rhetoric and then pleads to the world to "save us," a senior government official said on Wednesday night.
The official, who said the world should finally hold Abbas "accountable" for his behavior, was responding to the PA leader's comments in Paris on Tuesday alongside French President François Hollande warning of a third intifada resulting from violence in Jerusalem, and calling on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to end Israel's actions in the Old City, stop settlement activity, and return to negotiations.
4. Watch: PA Puts Temple Mount Incitement into Overdrive- Israel National News
The Palestinian Authority (PA) and its leading Fatah faction have long incited violence on the Temple Mount, where Islamists attacked police and rioted starting on Rosh Hashanah last week on Sunday. But in the latest flurry over Al-Aqsa Mosque which sits on the Mount, the holiest site in Judaism, the PA and Fatah have outdone themselves this month in inciting for more attacks, even as Israeli law enforcement on the site has received international condemnation.
The largest single example of incitement came from PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas himself, who last Wednesday called for violence on the Mount, saying on the official PA TV station: "the Al-Aqsa (Mosque) is ours...and they (Jews) have no right to defile it with their filthy feet," while praising "martyrs" who spill blood in Jerusalem for Allah.
5. Hezbollah: We will no longer be taking part in Syrian battles - Jerusalem Online
Hezbollah told the Syrian authorities it would not be taking part in implementing attacks against the rebels on Syrian territory, diplomatic sources told the Lebanese Daily Star. According to the report, the organization announced it would not be fighting in Syria until after the battles in the border town of Al-Zabadani are through.
6. Jordan's king snubs Netanyahu over Jerusalem violence - Times of Israel
Jordan's King Abdullah II is refusing to meet with, or even speak to, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu regarding the current upsurge in tension relating to the Temple Mount, Arab sources told The Times of Israel on Thursday.
According to the sources, American diplomats have been urging the king to help calm tensions via direct communication with Netanyahu. But the king has thus far not been prepared to host or even speak by phone with the prime minister, the sources said, because he believes Netanyahu would portray such interaction as proof of "business as usual" in Israeli-Jordanian ties.
7. Khamenei: Israel's behavior toward Palestinians is 'evil' - Israel Hayom
Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei denounced Israel on Wednesday for what he called its "insult" to Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem. The comments came against the backdrop of recent tensions on the Temple Mount.
"The Zionist regime's crimes in Palestine and repeated insult of the sacred sanctuary of Al-Aqsa mosque ... are the foremost problem for Muslims," Khamenei was quoted as saying by his official website.
Khamenei described Israeli behavior toward the Palestinians as the "ultimate degree of ruthlessness and evil."
8. Rivlin, Netanyahu meet for first time in over two months - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Reuven Rivlin met Friday for the first time in over two months.
The president revealed earlier this month that he had not met with the prime minister since July 17. Until then, the two had met at least once a month since Rivlin's election last year.
Relations between the two have been particularly strained since Rivlin openly criticized Netanyahu for his combative stance toward US President Barack Obama.
Whereas Netanyahu reportedly met with Rivlin's predecessor, Shimon Peres, every two weeks over dinner, Rivlin indicated the disagreements over Netanyahu's foreign policy were the cause of the current disconnect. (Read more)
9. Israel's cabinet approves use of .22 Ruger sniper rifles against rioters who endanger Israelis, a minimum four-year prison sentence - Times of Israel
The security cabinet on Thursday voted unanimously in favor of a series of proposed measures aimed at combating stone-throwing, including mandatory minimum sentences for those convicted of throwing rocks and firebombs, and an easing of the rules governing police use of live fire in rock-throwing incidents.
The cabinet agreed to allow live fire in any case in which lives are endangered; use of .22 Ruger sniper rifles against rock throwers; a minimum four-year prison sentence for rock throwers, including imprisonment and fines for minors aged 14-18; the cancellation of welfare benefits for minors in prison; and an evaluation of fining parents of convicted children aged 12-14.
"The security cabinet has decided to authorize police to use live ammunition against people throwing stones and Molotov cocktails when the life of a third person is threatened and no longer only when a police officer is threatened," a statement from the Prime Minister's Office said. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. John Boehner, Speaker of the House, to Resign from Congress in October - New York Times
Speaker John A. Boehner, under intense pressure from conservatives in his party, announced on Friday that he would resign one of the most powerful positions in government and give up his House seat at the end of October, as Congress moved to avert a government shutdown.
Most recently, Mr. Boehner, 65, was trying to craft a solution to keep the government open through the rest of the year, but was under pressure from a growing base of conservatives who told him that they would not vote for a bill that did not defund Planned Parenthood.
Mr. Boehner's stunning announcement lessens the chance of a government shutdown next week as Republican leaders in Congress will push for a short-term funding measure to keep the government operating and the speaker will no longer be deterred by those who threatened his job. (Read more)
- Father, man may be surprised, but You are not! We thank You for Mr. Boehner's service in Congress, and pray that you will comfort him, and his family, as they make their transition to private life. We thank You that, as John Boehner seeks Your guidance for the next phase of his life, You will give it. We ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." (Psalm 32:8)
2. GAVEL BATTLE: Boehner resignation sparks House leadership scramble - Fox News
HOUSE SPEAKER John Boehner's stunning announcement that he will resign his post and seat in Congress sparks chaos on Capitol Hill, with lawmakers immediately jockeying for position ahead of the upcoming reshuffle. (Read more)
- We ask that the person of Your choosing would be elected to the Office of Speaker of the House, and that the one You choose would be elected from his state to take his place in Congress. We ask for supernatural wisdom to be given to the next Speaker of the House, regarding these very serious issues facing Congress, in avoiding a shutdown of government, and being the leader the Republicans need to effect positive change in the House, for Your glory. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
- "He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others."
3. Read Pope Francis' Speech to Congress - ABC News
Pope Francis isn't above sharing the spotlight with others.
The pontiff structured much of his historic speech to Congress by highlighting the work and lives of four Americans.
Two are universally known -- President Abraham Lincoln and the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. -- while two others may prompt a flurry of Google searches. Dorothy Day, the founder of the Catholic Worker Movement and known socialist, and Thomas Merton, a U.S. Catholic writer.
Pope Francis also touched on some larger issues, including divisive ones like climate change, the death penalty and threats to "the family" and marriage. (Read more)
- Again, Abba, we ask that only those words that were spoken according to Your will would reside in the hearts of the members of the U.S. House and Senate, who were present to hear this speech, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. (Matthew 18:19)
4. Pope tours 9/11 Memorial . . . Fox News
Pope Francis said a prayer of remembrance and addressed religious leaders at an interfaith ceremony at the September 11 Memorial in downtown Manhattan, as he continued his tour of New York Friday.
The pope arrived to cheers from the gathered crowd, and walked toward the two massive waterfall pools that mark the footprints of the World Trade Center's twin towers before they were destroyed in the 2001 terrorist attacks.
Religious leaders --including Jewish, Muslim, Greek Orthodox, Buddhist, Hindu and other faiths - also spoke to more than 400 representatives from faith groups on the need for peace. (Read more)
- O Lord, our God, we worship You, the One and Only true, and Living God, Who purchased our salvation, and that of the world. We grieve to see any god worshiped apart from You. We know that You are the Life-Giver, and Sustainer of that life., and paid the ultimate price for our freedom, and we thank You for it. We realize that the Pope is endeavoring to be "all-inclusive and new age", so as not to offend anyone's religion. Father, we ask that You would draw all these who worship other gods, to Yourself. Open their eyes, we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
- "After the Philistines had captured the Ark of God, they took it to Ashdod, and they carried the Ark into Dagon's temple and set it beside Dagon. When the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the Ark of the Lord! They took Dagon and put him back in his place. But the following morning when they rose, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the Ark of the Lord! His head and hands had been broken off and were lying on the threshold; only his body remained." (I Samuel 5:1-4)
5. Pope throws weight behind Iran nuclear deal - Israel National News
Says agreement "is proof of potential of political goodwill, exercised with sincerity, patience and constancy"
Pope Francis on Friday threw his support behind Iran's accord with major powers as he backed a goal of global abolition of nuclear weapons. The Iran agreement "is proof of the potential of political goodwill, exercised with sincerity, patience and constancy," Francis said in an address to the United Nations. The pope offered a strong endorsement of Iran's agreement with the United States and five other world powers to limit its nuclear program, a day after Francis spoke to the US Congress, where many lawmakers vehemently oppose the deal. The Iran agreement "is proof of the potential of political goodwill, exercised with sincerity, patience and constancy," Francis said. "I express my hope that this agreement will be lasting and efficacious, and bring forth the desired fruits with the cooperation of all the parties involved," he said. (Read more)
- Abba, we bring this to You, and ask that You sort out this situation. We ask for confusion to be removed, and for the Pope to experience the "Mind of Christ", as he considers Your will and the ramifications of his thinking and pronouncements. Open his eyes to Your truth, may he see things from Your perspective, we pray. Thank You, Lord.
- "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not My ways, says Adonai. 'As high as the sky is above the earth are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8,9)
6. Russia announces naval drills in 'east Mediterranean' - AFP
Moscow (AFP) - Russia's defence ministry on Thursday said it will hold naval drills in the "east Mediterranean" in September and October, as the West frets over a military buildup by Moscow in Syria.
The exercises include three warships from Russia's Black Sea Fleet, including the Saratov landing ship, the Moskva guided missile cruiser and the Smetlivy destroyer, the ministry said in a statement. The drills will involve "40 combat exercises, including rocket and artillery fire at sea and airborne targets," the statement said. (Read more)
- Father God, all we can do is to cry out to You, Holy God, for help in time of need. It does seem that war is on the horizon, and we know that only You can speak to the hearts of men, and of leaders. We ask that a spirit of restraint be released upon Russian President Vladimir Putin and that he would truly "count the cost" of whatever moves he makes in directing the course of his military. We ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence." (I Timothy 2:2)
7. A no-show for a decade, Russia's Putin Heading to the UN - Washington Post
Russian President Vladimir Putin will storm into New York on Monday seeking to prove that he will not be isolated at his first appearance at the United Nations General Assembly in a decade.
With a jackknife military and diplomatic pivot toward Syria, Putin has tried to mitigate the damage of a year's adventurism in Ukraine in a defiant gambit he hopes will appeal to the West's cold logic and need. The sudden deployment to Syria of Russian warplanes and battle tanks has upended the West's calculus of freezing out Russia and helped prompt a head-to-head meeting between Putin and Obama on Monday in New York that was unthinkable.
In Moscow, Russian officials, including Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, have declared that Russia's call for a coalition against the Islamic State is gaining traction in the West. Though the White House said that Obama's core message at the meeting with Putin would focus on Ukraine and not Syria, it appears that the Russians at least have a foot in the door. (Read more)
- Lord of the universe, we come to You, with these "knotty" problems, that only You can solve. You are the Lord of nations, whether united or not. We know that You know the hearts of man, even more than the man, himself! And so, we come, and ask for Your directing this man's heart, and those also in the U.S. and U.N. towards real peace. We come against intimidation and anger, and ask for Your wisdom to flow freely among all parties, we pray. You are the Solution to every problem; and so we ask that You give solutions to bring about Your desired results, we pray, and in Your timetable. Amen!
- "Mighty warrior, why do you brag about the evil you do? God's love will continue forever. You think up evil plans. Your tongue is like a sharp razor, making up lies. You love wrong more than right, and lies more than truth. Selah" (Psalm 52:1-3)
8. Obama and Xi Jinping of China Agree of Steps on Cybertheft - New York Times
WASHINGTON - President Obama said Friday that he had reached a "common understanding" with President Xi Jinping of China to combat "cyber-enabled theft of intellectual property," but made it clear that wide areas of disagreement remained over how to stop an escalation of Chinese cyberthefts and the possibility of an American response.
With Mr. Xi standing beside him at a Rose Garden news conference, Mr. Obama referred to the cyberattacks against American targets and said, "I indicated it has to stop." But he also hailed progress with China on climate change and the nuclear accord with Iran, and said that both he and Mr. Xi were committed to pressing ahead against the North Korean nuclear problem, which has defied solution for more than 20 years. (Read more)
- Lord, we thank You that You do concern Yourself with the affairs of our nation, and world. As these two leaders, enemies on many issues, meet together to discuss Cyber Crime, we ask that truth will prevail. The tone of their statement seems rather shallow and insincere, but we know that You can "hold their feet to the fire", and bring about a system of checks and balances that will make it difficult, if not impossible, to cover up any covert actions by either party. Have Your way, Lord, we pray, in Jesus Name, Amen.
- "And as for both of these kings, their hearts will be set on doing evil; they will speak lies over the same table, but it will not succeed, for the end is yet to come at the appointed time." (Daniel 11:27)
9. 'Death to the Saudi dynasty,' Iranians chant as anger rises over hajj stampede - Jerusalem Post
Saudi Arabia, under growing pressure to account for a crush that killed more than 700 people at the haj pilgrimage, on Friday suggested pilgrims failing to follow crowd control rules bore some blame for the worst disaster at the event for 25 years.
The kingdom's regional rival Iran expressed outrage at the deaths of 131 of its nationals at the world's largest annual gathering of people, and politicians in Tehran suggested Riyadh was incapable of managing the event.
"Death to the Saudi dynasty!" hundreds of demonstrators chanted at a protest in the Iranian capital Tehran.
Saudi Health Minister Khalid al-Falih said an investigation would be conducted rapidly and a final toll of dead and wounded calculated. At least 863 pilgrims were injured. (Read more)
- Father God, we now see that that which has been "simmering" in the background -- the hostility between Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shia Iran -- has now become another flashpoint of violence in this region. We ask that You would stay Your hand upon both of these nations, bringing calm and sanity where there is now potential chaos and madness. Come, Lord Jesus, we pray in Your name, amen.
- "He caused the storm to be still . . ." (Psalm 107:29)
10. Hillary Clinton personally signed deal that let top aide collect two salaries - Washington Times
Hillary Rodham Clinton personally signed the controversial deal in 2012 that let her top aide Huma Abedin simultaneously work for the State Department and a private New York firm with deep ties to the Clinton family, according to records made public Thursday.
The State Department emails released to select congressional committees and the watchdog group Judicial Watch also show that almost immediately after Ms. Abedin got permission to work in New York for the Teneo Group, she tried to get the federal government to pay the cost of her commuting back and forth to Washington to serve as a senior adviser to Mrs. Clinton, who was then the Secretary of State.
"I need to come down to State tomorrow. Can State start paying for my travel since New York is now my base?" Ms. Abedin asked in an email to a top State Department administrative official on March 27, 2012, around the time her deal to become a special government employee (SGE) was struck. (Read more)
- Lord, You are the One Who keeps the balances, and weighs the truth of them. We ask that this issue of Mrs. Obama authorizing the "double-dipping" of income by her top aide, Huma Abedin, at the taxpayers' expense, be revealed and dealt with according to integrity and the following of the law. We ask that justice be served, in Your Name, Amen.
- "In Your majesty ride forth victoriously, In the cause of truth, humility and justice; let your right hand achieve awesome deeds." (Psalm 45:4)
Avoiding a Shutdown
Avoiding a Shutdown:
1. Senate Introduces Must-Pass Bill to Defund Planned Parenthood, Dares Democrats to Shutdown the Gov't - LifeSiteNews
The Senate has set up a confrontation with the White House over defunding Planned Parenthood, which could result in a government shutdown. The Senate Appropriations Committee [yesterday] approved a Continuing Resolution that would fund the government through December 11-but which would deprive Planned Parenthood of government revenue for one year, unless its facilities met strict criteria.
The Continuing Appropriations Resolution of 2016 states that no government funds will go to "Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. and its affiliates" unless their facilities "will not perform, and will not provide any funds to any other entity that performs, an abortion during such period." (Read more)
- Father, we thank you for this legislation to temporarily fund the federal government that specifically excludes funding for the nation's largest abortion provider as long as they are ending the lives of children. We ask for Senate debate, a vote, and passage into law. We ask for resolve, for similar action from the House of Representatives, and for favor and clear articulation in the media of who is willing and acting on keeping the government operating. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)
2. Bill to Avoid Government Shutdown advances in Congress - Reuters
Republican leaders in the U.S. Congress on Thursday began advancing bills urgently needed to avoid federal agency shutdowns on Oct. 1 while navigating conservatives' demands to punish Planned Parenthood over an abortion controversy. The Senate defeated Republican efforts to use a funding extension bill to cut off money to Planned Parenthood, clearing the way for a version without that provision that extends all previous funding through Dec. 11. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky has set the first procedural vote on that measure for Monday, two days before the federal fiscal year ends on Sept. 30.
House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner, meanwhile, laid out similar options in a closed-door meeting with Republican conservatives, who oppose any spending bill allowing federal funds to go to Planned Parenthood amid allegations that it improperly sold tissue harvested from aborted fetuses. The nonprofit women's healthcare group has denied any wrongdoing. (Read more)
- Abba, we thank You that Congress is moving forward on a spending bill that will keep the government from shutting down, despite the controversy over the funding of Planned Parenthood. We ask for Your wisdom to be given to each voter in Congress, to think clearly, and to follow after righteousness. We pray that justice will prevail, and that both sides will agree on funding, that includes protecting the unborn. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
- "The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, But He loves him who follows righteousness." (Proverbs 15:9)
Boehner Stands Down
New House Leadership Needs to Fight Says FRC's Perkins
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Family Research Council President Tony Perkins released the following statement on the resignation of Speaker John Boehner:
"American voters who put the Republican Party into the majority have grown weary of GOP leaders running into these political battles waving a white flag.
"If Republicans will not fight to end taxpayer funding for an organization that is trafficking in baby body parts, and possibly infanticide, what will they fight for?
"We welcome Republican leadership that understands that some values, like life, religious liberty and national defense are worth fighting for -- no matter what," concluded Perkins.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
IS YOUR ALL ON THE ALTAR?
"Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God."
You have longed for sweet peace, And for faith to increase, And have earnestly, fervently prayed; But you cannot have rest, Or be perfectly blest, Until all on the altar is laid.
Is your all on the altar of sacrifice laid?
Your heart does the Spirit control?
You can only be blest,
And have peace and sweet rest,
As you yield Him your body and soul.
Would you walk with the Lord, In the light of His Word, And have peace and contentment alway? You must do His sweet will, To be free from all ill, On the altar your all you must lay.
O we never can know What the Lord will bestow Of the blessings for which we have prayed, Till our body and soul He doth fully control, And our all on the altar is laid.
Who can tell all the love He will send from above, And how happy our hearts will be made, Of the fellowship sweet We shall share at His feet, When our all on the altar is laid.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words & Music: Elisha A. Hoffman, 1905
Signs and Wonders
September 27 / September 28, 2015
- Total Lunar Eclipse/ Blood Moon!
This weekend's full Moon is a supermoon, the biggest and brightest full Moon of the year. And it is going to be eclipsed. On Sunday evening, Sept. 27th, the supermoon will pass through the shadow of Earth, turning the lunar disk a coppery shade of red.
Sky watchers in the Americas, Europe, Africa, and eastern parts of Asia can see the event. The next total eclipse of the Moon won't come until January 31, 2018, so if you live in the eclipse zone, check it out.
What makes the eclipsed Moon turn red? A quick trip to the Moon provides the answer: Imagine yourself standing on a dusty lunar plain looking up at the sky. Overhead hangs Earth, nightside down, completely hiding the sun behind it. The eclipse is underway.
You might expect Earth seen in this way to be utterly dark, but it's not. The rim of the planet looks like it is on fire. As you scan your eye around Earth's circumference, you're seeing every sunrise and every sunset in the world, all of them, all at once. This incredible light beams into the heart of Earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the Moon into a great red orb.
Red isn't the only color. There's also turquoise, shown here in a photo taken by Jens Hackman during an eclipse in March of 2007.
Its source is ozone. Atmospheric scientist Richard Keen of the University of Colorado explains: "During a lunar eclipse, most of the light illuminating the moon passes through the stratosphere where it is reddened by scattering. However, light passing through the upper stratosphere penetrates the ozone layer, which absorbs red light and actually makes the passing light ray bluer." This can be seen, he says, as a soft blue fringe around the red core of Earth's shadow.
To catch the turquoise on Sept. 27-28, he advises, "look during the first and last minutes of totality. The turquoise rim is best seen in binoculars or a small telescope." (To see when you can view the eclipse in your city, go here.)
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Uncovering the "Mystery of the Maccabees" in Israel: Magnificent Vaults Might Be Christian in Origin
(Israel)-News out of Israel from the Israel Antiquities Authority reveals the possibility of having discovered the 2,000-year-old fabled Tomb of the Maccabees near the city of Modi'in.
The burial vaults, first discovered 150 years ago, were initially thought to have had Christian roots.
According to a recent report on Israel Antiquities Authority website, "In recent weeks, the magnificent mausoleum was located and re-excavated."
Excavation directors Amiti Re'em and Dan Shahar said, "There is no doubt that the structure that was uncovered is unusual. The descriptions from 150 years ago were revealed right here in front of our eyes, and we discovered the magnificent burial vaults, enormous pillars that apparently supported a second story, a forecourt that led to the tomb and other associated buildings...
"The archaeological evidence currently at hand is still insufficient to establish that this is the burial place of the Maccabees. If what we uncovered is not the Tomb of the Maccabees itself, then there is a high probability that this is the site that early Christianity identified as the royal funerary enclosure."
Meanwhile, excavations continue.
Source: Breaking Christian News
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"The Revelation Song" for Feast of Tabernacles