Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, September 24, 2015
"Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by." (Isaiah 26:20)
"Praise Him with the sound of the shofar." (Psalm 150:3)
Abide in Me . . .
This is a photo of a church that was left standing in the recent, horrific "Valley Fire" in northern California. The flames surrounded this building, but miraculously stopped at the property line . . . without the assistance of the firefighters. We praise God for this miracle.
Day Seventeen: Thursday, September 24, 2015
"He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
He is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
Guarding the paths of justice,
And He preserves the way of His godly ones.
Then you will discern righteousness and justice
And equity and every good course."
Join us every night through Tuesday, Sept. 29th, as we abide together in His presence.
Conference number: 605-562-3140 Access Code: 596015# Time: 9:00 p.m. EDT/8:00 p.m. CDT/7:00 p.m. MDT/ 6:00 p.m. PDT
We welcome you all to come and join us in these very special times of worship, fellowship and fresh anointing as we continue our 21-day vigil to Abide in His Glory.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Insight for Intercessors - Weekly Prayer Alert - (CHPP)
To read this week's edition of Insight for Intercessors, please go here. Note: a very important issue!
2. Isi Leibler: Chief rabbis besmirch Christian Embassy Jerusalem - Jerusalem Post
It is regrettable that on Yom Kippur eve, our chief rabbis have again uttered offensive remarks, this time besmirching one of Israel's most dedicated allies and ardent supporters.
Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi David Lau and his Sephardi counterpart, Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef, have issued an extraordinary condemnation against the International Christian Embassy in Jerusalem (ICEJ), accusing it of missionary activities and calling on Jews to boycott its 36th annual global Succot gathering in Jerusalem. The pro-Israel ICEJ was established in 1980 and is an extension of the Evangelical branch of Christianity.
Over the past half century, we have witnessed an exponential intensification in the Evangelical movement's attachment to the Jewish people and Israel. This has coincided with the dramatic erosion of support for Israel from the Left and liberal sources. (Read more)
3. Security cabinet to vote on tougher laws against stone-throwers - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will convene his security cabinet on Thursday to vote on proposed legislation introducing mandatory minimum sentences for those convicted of throwing rocks and firebombs, and easing the rules governing police use of live fire in rock-throwing incidents in Jerusalem.
The cabinet will also vote on introducing fines to parents of minors caught throwing rocks or firebombs and possibly revoking their social security benefits should they refuse to pay. (Read more)
4. Tourists, Jews Barred From Temple Mount for Muslim Holiday - The Algemeiner
Israel Police announced Wednesday evening that the Temple Mount complex in Jerusalem will not be open to Jews or other visitors Thursday, during the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice). Muslim worship at the site, which has been scene to increasing violence in recent weeks, will be unrestricted and Palestinians from the West Bank will be permitted access.
The decision - probably taken in wake of pressure from Jordan - is the most recent in a string of attempts to defuse tensions at the flashpoint hilltop Jerusalem compound known to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary and to Jews as the Temple Mount. (Read more)
5. Abbas to Netanyahu: Chaos at al Aksa could lead to another intifada - Jerusalem Post
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Tuesday called on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to "stop the chaos" at Al-Aksa mosque in Jerusalem's Old City.
Following a meeting in Paris with French President Francois Hollande, the Palestinian leader said the situation in Jerusalem was "a very dangerous one that is liable to lead to an eruption of an intifada, which we are not interested in."
Hollande, in turn, called for "calm, peace, and respecting principles at al Aksa." (Read more)
6. Torched Church to Receive Government Compensation - Breaking Israel News
The Israel Justice Ministry announced it will compensate the Church of the Multiplication in Tabgha for damage caused by an arson attack in June by two suspected Jewish extremists. In a statement on Monday, Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein said the church, ""should be compensated for the damages caused to it by the arson, in accordance with property tax regulations." (Read more)
7. Is Pope Francis Good for the Jews? - Breaking Israel News
[Excerpt] The Vatican recently recognized the "State of Palestine" and called for "courageous decisions" toward a two state solution. Israeli officials called the Vatican's move "a hasty step that damages the prospects for advancing a peace agreement." (Read full article here)
8. UAV Strides by Pakistan and China Spur India to Expedite Israeli Drone Purchase - Breaking Israel News
India has accelerated plans to purchase Israeli drones that can be armed amid concerns regarding its conflict with Pakistan over Kashmir and its border dispute with China.
Just weeks ago, Pakistan was reported to have used a domestically manufactured drone while attacking militants on its soil.
An Indian defense source said that while the plan to buy Israeli unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) was first established three years ago, India has asked Israel for a speedy delivery in the wake of both Pakistan and China developing their own drone capabilities. (Read more)
9. 1,000-year-old Yom Kippur prayer book fragment to be put online - Israel Hayom
A unique fragment of a Yom Kippur prayer book from the Cairo Geniza, one of the most important resources for understanding Jewish culture, religion, economics and literature from the Middle Ages to the present, is slated to be uploaded to the website of the National Library of Israel.
The 1,000-year-old document was discovered in a synagogue in Postat, the Old City of Cairo, alongside holy works, correspondence, and legal and business documents. (Read more)
10. Tiny stone seal from King David era found in Temple Mount fill - Times of Israel
A rare stone seal believed to date from the 10th century BCE was recently found in rubble removed from the Temple Mount, archaeologists announced.
The artifact was found some time in the past half year by a 10-year-old Russian boy who volunteered for a day at the Temple Mount Sifting Project, which sorts through rubble that was excavated from the contested holy site during the construction of the Marwani mosque in the late 1990s. Only recently, however, was the seal deciphered, the group said. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. BREAKING NEWS: 2 dead, nine critically injured in Seattle bus crash- Fox News
The Seattle Fire Department, which reported the number of dead and wounded on Twitter, said 90 firefighters responded to the incident and they had evaluated approximately 50 people.
The crash occurred on the Aurora Bridge around 11:13 a.m. local time when a Ride the Ducks tour vehicle reportedly rammed into the side of a bus owned by Bellair charters and airport shuttles. (Read more)
- Father, as this situation continues to unfold, we ask You to be with those who grieve or who are in shock, and to comfort the victims of this disaster. We ask, too, that Your grace would rest upon all who are working to rescue the survivors. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit." (Psalm 34:18)
2. Pope Francis delivers historic address to Congress - Fox News
Pope Francis delivered the first-ever papal address to a Joint Meeting of Congress on Thursday, telling lawmakers they are called on to pursue a "common good," especially for those in need.
He said they must use laws to protect human life, including the vulnerable. He spoke after greeting some of the thousands of spectators who have amassed outside the Capitol for the event. He also met briefly with House Speaker John Boehner. (Read more)
- Father, as the shouts and clapping of Congress and guests showed excitement and support, as he said "God Loves America," we pray for the Pope and for our Congressional leaders. We ask that truth would soak deeply into their hearts. Let them not follow the words of a man, but let them find the sound of Your Voice above it all. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Behold I come quickly! Hold fast to what you have, that no one may take your crown." (Revelation 3:11)
3. Pope Francis gets political in Washington debut - CNN
Pope Francis immediately dove into the whirlpool of U.S. politics on Wednesday, using his first direct address to the nation to weigh in on deeply divisive issues including climate change, Cuba, marriage and immigration. The pontiff, speaking before 11,000 ticketed guests at an elaborate welcoming ceremony on South Lawn of the White House, signaled he will take on controversial issues during his six-day visit.
He said it was "encouraging that you are proposing an initiative for reducing air pollution. Accepting the urgency, it seems clear to me also that climate change is a problem that can no longer be left to a future generation. When it comes to the care of our 'common home' we are living at a critical moment of history," he said.
Francis also made reference to one of the central themes of his papacy: that the modern global economy is enriching the few at the expense of the many.
But he also delivered a firm defense of traditional values, warning that the institution of marriage and family needed to be protected at "a critical moment in the history of our civilization," remarks that could irk liberals months after the Supreme Court ruled in favor of same-sex marriage nationwide. (Read more)
- Father, we do thank You that this Pope has spoken strongly in favor of traditional marriage, and against abortion. Amen. We ask that all other agendas he carries in his heart, in particular a system of wealth redistribution that we might care for the poor, would also align with Your Word and Your ways, in the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me." (Mark 14:7)
4. Why Did the Pope's Plane Go Into a Holding Pattern? - The Atlantic
As pope stalkers of the world watched his flight path on the Alitalia website, the plane started making several loops over North Carolina on its way to Joint Base Andrews this afternoon.
In an earlier version of this note, I reported that the reason the plane started circling was that Obama and Biden had been running late to the greeting ceremony. However, as a White House spokesman subsequently pointed out, the Pope deplaned at 4 p.m., precisely as scheduled, and the president was on hand to greet him. Others have meanwhile indicated that the Pope's plane took off early from Cuba, which would explain the flight pattern. (Read more)
- Father, whatever the reasons for the plane's holding pattern, disrespect is not a good thing on the part of our government, no matter who the visiting dignitary may be. We pray that our administration would use good sense with all visiting dignitaries in the days ahead. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, honor and life." (Proverbs 22:4)
5. Hackers Took Fingerprints of 5.6 Million U.S. Workers, Government Says - New York Times
Just a day before the arrival of President Xi Jinping here for a meeting with President Obama that will be focused heavily on limiting cyberespionage, the Office of Personnel Management said Wednesday that the hackers who stole security dossiers from the agency also got the fingerprints of 5.6 million federal employees. (Read more)
- Lord, let no one be destroyed by this release of personal information, and let none of the fingerprints be used against them. We pray that all plans against our government employees fall to the ground.We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Your Name; the righteous shall surround me, for You shall deal bountifully with me." (Psalm 142:7)
6. Pentagon Says Chinese Sub That Can Hit U.S. to Go on Patrol Soon - Newsmax
A new Chinese nuclear submarine designed to carry missiles that can hit the U.S. will likely deploy before year's end, the Pentagon said, adding to Obama administration concerns over China's muscle-flexing in Asia. (Read more)
- Father, we stand on Your word that says You will be with us in all things, and pray for a hedge of protection around us. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Turn us back to You, O Lord, and we will be restored; renew our days as of old." (Lamentations 5:21)
7. At least 717 people killed in Saudi Arabia hajj stampede - Fox News
Saudi Arabian authorities said Thursday that at least 717 people were killed and hundreds of others were injured in a stampede near the Muslim holy city of Mecca, where an estimated 2 million people are undertaking the traditional hajj pilgrimage. Reuters, citing Saudi state television, reported that the stampede took place in Mina, a tent city located approximately three miles east of Mecca itself. The area is on the main road from the center of Mecca to the Hill of Arafat, revered by Muslims as the place where Muhammad gave his farewell sermon to Muslims who had accompanied him to Mecca near the end of his life. (Read more)
- Father, this happens every year at the Hajj. We pray once again for Your Spirit to move among the Moslems, finding at least one place where Your power and love can break through the demonic deception. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Every prudent man acts with knowledge, but a fool lays open his folly. A wicked messenger falls into trouble, but a faithful ambassador brings health." (Proverbs 13:16-17)
8. Russian forces appear to be expanding their military presence in Syria through the development of two additional bases that pose new challenges for the Obama administration - Wall Street Journal
Russian forces appear to be expanding their military presence in Syria through the development of two additional bases that pose new challenges for the Obama administration as it struggles to avert a clash with Moscow in the Middle East. Private satellite images released Tuesday revealed new construction at two Syrian military facilities near the Mediterranean coast, the latest sign Russia is preparing to inject its military forces into the country's 4½-year war.
While U.S. military officials assessed the importance of the projects and overall buildup, the Obama administration is seeking to transform the potential showdown into a fresh diplomatic initiative to push Syrian President Bashar al-Assad-Russia's longtime ally-from power, senior administration officials said. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that whatever the plans of Russia might be, we ask for a covering of Your Power and Protection against any provocative actions that could harm us. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Return, we beseech You, O God of hosts; look down from heaven and see, and visit this vine and the vineyard which Your right hand has planted, and the branch that You made strong for Yourself." (Psalm 80:14-15)
9. Obama to meet with Putin at UN next week - Fox News
President Obama plans to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin next week at the United Nations, a conversation likely to cover Syria and Ukraine -- and their first face-to-face encounter in nearly a year amid strongly troubled relations between the two nations.
Putin is to speak Monday at the U.N. General Assembly. The Kremlin says their meeting will take place on the sidelines, though it was unclear whether it would come before or after the speech.
The White House confirmed the meeting, saying it was at Putin's request, and indicated it would be used to address Russia's involvement in both Ukraine and Syria. (Read more)
- Lord God, more and more, it seems that Vladimir Putin is now playing a dangerous game of brinksmanship. We ask that these talks between the two presidents would serve to calm frazzled nerves, and reduce the tensions in Syria at this time. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
10. Bill to Ban Abortion on Babies Capable of Feeling Pain Blocked in Senate - LifeSite News
Senate Democrats have blocked a Senate bill that would have protected babies capable of feeling pain from being aborted.
The Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (S. 1553) received a majority of votes in the Republican-controlled chamber, by a vote of 54-42. But it fell short of the 60 votes necessary to overcome a Democratic filibuster.
Restoring the procedural block was one of the first moves made by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell when he assumed leadership in January. The filibuster had been abolished by his predecessor, Democrat Harry Reid, who used the opportunity to push through vast swaths of President Barack Obama's legislative agenda and pro-abortion judicial nominees. (Read more)
- Oh Father God! We are so grieved at this report! How on earth can we ever appeal to You to show Your hand of mercy for our nation, when our leaders continue to vote to destroy life? Help us, O Lord, we pray? Make intercession for us, when we cannot do this for ourselves. We ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- Please meditate upon all of Isaiah 59 for this need. Thank you.
11. VA watchdog shelves 36,000 complaints, draws ire from whistleblowers - Military Times
The chief watchdog at the Department of Veterans Affairs investigates less than 10 percent of the nearly 40,000 complaints it receives annually about problems at the agency, even when they concern potential harm to veteran health, Deputy Inspector General Linda Halliday said Tuesday. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen. (Read more)
- Lord, once again the VA has dropped the ball with men and women who desperately need their help. We plead with You to provide help for our veterans , whom we have trained for war and are leaving them to die.
- "Destruction and misery are in their ways; and the way of peace they have not known. There is no fear of God before their eyes." (Romans 3:16-18)
The Pope and Israel
The Pope and Israel:
A prayer alert from Insight for Intercessors
Watch out for the Pope this week in regard to Israel!!
As Pope Francis meets with Obama in the White House on Yom Kippur, the outlined discussions are to center around the challenges of illegal immigration, the issues of climate change management and control, and the redistribution of wealth. But that isn't the worst of it. The Pope also plans to come out in support of the Iran deal set up by Obama, as well as the establishment of a Palestinian State in the immediate future. To top off the bad news, the Pope is promoting an anti-nuclear agreement in the Middle East, which would call for the exposure of Israel's nuclear arsenal and disarming it.
This man will be taking his agenda of "peace" to the joint session of both houses of Congress on Thursday, and to the UN General Assembly on Friday. Watch to see adoring crowds gathering to hail Pope Francis as a "prince of peace", and as the anointed leader to bring forth a global religion that will be able to embrace all religions.
We are living in critical days. Will the Palestinian State be prospered during this session of the UN General Assembly? Will the US apply its veto if a resolution is presented, or will the Obama administration make a good excuse for not applying it . . . such as: France will now take the lead in the Middle East peace negotiations between the Palestinians and Israel, because the US has been unable to move things forward . . . therefore the US will no longer stand in the way of the will of the rest of the nations.
- Ask for the Lord's forgiveness for masses of Christians being duped and idolatrous toward this Pope.
- If this is the time to bring forth the fulfillment of the prophesies about the global false prophet, pray that the true believers will be wise and discerning.
- Pray that the Lord would direct the conversations between Francis and Obama . . . and that He would reveal to the public anything that they intended to remain secret.
- Pray for the deceived Jews to wake up to the threat of this Pope and his agenda. He does not have the welfare of Israel in his priorities or plans.
- Pray to bind down the mesmerizing witchcraft that accompanies this man, which blinds the people.
- Pray that the Lord would use this Pope for His purposes; hemming him in, so that he cannot fulfill his desires without the expressed permission of the Lord.
- Pray that Israel would never be exposed or disarmed militarily . . . nor agree to it for ANY reason.
- Pray that the Lord would direct all movement and development regarding a Palestinian State.
- Pray that Israel, which is being put into a huge trap, would be sprung free by the hand of the Lord.
- Pray that the spiritual leaders and political leaders in Israel would not be sucked into serving the agenda of this Pope . . . nor trust his word and affections.
- Pray that the media would stop treating Francis as a rock star or as a messiah for the world community. Expose him completely, as well as the full agenda that the enemy is running here.
The Daily Jot
Thursday, September 24, 2015
The Daily Jot
Important Editor's Comment:
Today's Jot is bringing us some much-needed historic perspective on the actions that have been taken by Pope Francis since he came into office.
As watchmen on the wall together, we must continually strive to contend for TRUTH in these very confusing times. Occasionally, in bringing truth to power, some may be offended. . . we entrust these facts to you, asking that all seek the Lord for His wisdom in intercession.
Also, to clarify one key point: At CHPP, we would not presume to identify this Pope as the antichrist, even though some may be doing so over the internet. Again, we simply present the facts, asking each of you to discern the leading of the Lord in intercession. Thank you.
And now . . . today's Daily Jot . . .
Much ado about the Pope
Roman Catholicism's leader is in Washington, DC. Traffic is snarled. The media is in an uproar. The town is taken by Pope Francis, the socialist pope who has said that allah and God (YHVH) are the same.
Scratching your head on that one? It's true. On Wednesday, March 20, 2013, Pope Francis welcomed an ecumenical group of religious leaders who attended his inauguration. He said, "I greet and thank cordially all of you, dear friends belonging to other religious traditions; firstly the Muslims, who worship the one living and merciful God, and call upon Him in prayer. I really appreciate your presence, and in it I see a tangible sign of the wish to grow in reciprocal trust and in cooperation for the common good of humanity."
So the Pope prays to the same god as do Muslims. After the remarks, the website Catholic Answers, which equips people to defend the Roman Catholic faith, tried to explain away the Pope's remarks, saying, "Pope Francis's words have a pastoral rather than doctrinal purpose. Their aim is to build inter-religious bridges by generously acknowledging whatever can be found to be true in other faiths-not to make precise pronouncements about their theology." Trouble is, the Pope is playing with the truth of the Holy Scriptures when he makes irresponsible statements like this. It leads people to false doctrine and has the underpinnings of creating a one world religion that ignores doctrine and embraces the "pastoral."
The Koran's Sura 4:171 says, "O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium (Mary) is only a messenger of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His messengers, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one Allah; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector." Sura 19:29: "God forbid that He Himself should beget a son!" Sura 17:111:"Praise be to God who has never begotten a son; who has no partner in His Kingdom. . ."
In Matthew 24, Jesus explains the end times. He said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Verse 11 says, "And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." Those who would say that allah and God are the same are chief among the false prophets. The basic tenet of the Christian faith is found in John 14:6, where Jesus declares: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me." 2 John 7 says, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." The Koran, the holy book of allah, denies that Jesus is the Christ. Much ado about the Pope.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Pope Francis' Visit
Pope Francis' Visit
Dominating the news this week is the Pope's first-ever visit to the U.S., with his arrival last night, a meeting and reception at the White House today, and a speech to the Congress in joint session tomorrow. The Pope's meeting and grand reception at the White House today was muddled by the President's insistence that invitees to the "Welcoming Ceremony" include Gene Robinson, the openly homosexual Episcopalian Bishop whose ordination led to a split in the denomination. The Vatican also took offense at the inclusion of transgender activists and a nun whose group does not hold to Church doctrine on life issues.
Evangelical Christians are concerned about the impact of the Pope's open support for a Palestinian State, support for socialistic government policies (i.e., redistributing wealth by taxing the "haves" to give to the "have nots"), and international government solutions to "Global Warming." Meanwhile the Pope's commitment to life issues and religious liberty are welcomed by Catholics and Protestants alike.
May American Christians give the Pope a hearty welcome! When hearing his views on "Climate Change," economic policy, and proposed Palestinian State, may they be like the Bereans who respectfully and eagerly listened to the Apostle Paul but examined the Scriptures daily to see if what he taught was true.
- "Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." (Acts 17:11)
Rev. Pierre Bynum
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
Family Research Council
801 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
News from the UN Prayer Watch
News from the UN Prayer Watch
Greetings from New York.
We are in a critical time now for Israel and the nations between Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur right now. World leaders, presidents and Pope Francis are coming to New York for the General Debate, including the Summit on the Sustainable Development Goals. There will be many meetings, some behind closed doors.
In sight of all this, I want to quote the chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel: "Fear is never a good advisor, not in politics and not in our personal lives." Let us come before the Lord and pray humbly and with faith, knowing that He is control - neither a man nor a woman whatever rank he or she might have in this world. The Lord will hold everyone accountable for their doings.
UN Prayer Watch
(Published on Tuesday, Sept. 22)
Opening of the General Debate and 70th Session of the General Assembly (GA)
The new president of the GA, Mogens Lykketof, opened the 70th session of the United Nations. During the next two weeks, almost all Presidents and leaders of the UN member states will come to New York. First for the Summit on Sustainable Development Goals then followed by the General Debate. Pope Francis addressing the GA on Friday, September 25th, 8.30am EST. On the first day of the General Debate, besides others, the presidents of the U.S., Russia, China, Iran and France. All speeches will be streamed online via UN Web TV.
Go here to watch the livestreaming of these sessions.
Please pray for all the presidents and leaders who will come to New York. Pray that hidden agendas will be exposed and plans of the enemy be destroyed. Bind the Greek spirit that wants to deceive people about motives and actions to be decided on. Pray also for the security in New York and against attacks. Bless police and security staff.
> > > To learn more about the UN Prayer Watch, or to be placed on a list to receive their mailings, please contact Claudia Kiesinger at:
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
ABIDE WITH ME
"They urged Him strongly, 'Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.'" (Luke 24:29)
Abide with me; fast falls the eventide; The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide. When other helpers fail and comforts flee, Help of the helpless, O abide with me.
Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day; Earth's joys grow dim; its glories pass away; Change and decay in all around I see; O Thou who changest not, abide with me.
Not a brief glance I beg, a passing word; But as Thou dwell'st with Thy disciples, Lord, Familiar, condescending, patient, free. Come not to sojourn, but abide with me.
Come not in terrors, as the King of kings, But kind and good, with healing in Thy wings, Tears for all woes, a heart for every plea- Come, Friend of sinners, and thus bide with me.
Thou on my head in early youth didst smile; And, though rebellious and perverse meanwhile, Thou hast not left me, oft as I left Thee, On to the close, O Lord, abide with me.
I need Thy presence every passing hour. What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's power? Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be? Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.
I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless; Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness. Where is death's sting? Where, grave, thy victory? I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes; Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies. Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee; In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.
Please go here.
Abide with Me / Evening Hymn & Last Post - HM Royal Marines
About the Author:
Words: Henry F. Lyte, 1847.
Music: William H. Monk, 1861
Lyte was inspired to write this hymn as he was dying of tuberculosis; he finished it the Sunday he gave his farewell sermon in the parish he served so many years. The next day, he left for Italy to regain his health. He didn't make it, though-he died in Nice, France, three weeks after writing these words. Here is an excerpt from his farewell sermon:
"O brethren, I stand here among you today, as alive from the dead, if I may hope to impress it upon you, and induce you to prepare for that solemn hour which must come to all, by a timely acquaintance with the death of Christ."
For over a century, the bells of his church at All Saints in Lower Brixham, Devonshire, have rung out "Abide with Me" daily. The hymn was sung at the wedding of King George VI, at the wedding of his daughter, the future Queen Elizabeth II, and at the funeral of Nobel peace prize winner Mother Teresa of Calcutta in 1997.
The hymn is sung at the annual ANZAC Day services in Australia and New Zealand, and in some Remembrance Day services in Canada and the United Kingdom. It is also played by the combined bands of the Indian Armed Forces during the annual Beating Retreat ceremony held on 29 January at Vijay Chowk, New Delhi, which officially marks the end of Republic Day celebrations.
Signs and Wonders
'Super blood moon' odds 'off the charts'
The grand finale of the rare blood-moon tetrad will be a spectacular "supermoon" eclipse, the first in more than three decades.
And the scholar who discovered the correlation between a sequence of four blood moons and events in the history of the Jewish people thinks the extremely rare conclusion of the tetrad with a supermoon is a message from God to the nations of the world: Do not divide the land of Israel.
Pastor Mark Biltz of El Shaddai Ministries told WND the final blood moon of a series of four occurring on Jewish holy days in 2014 and 2015 is "a loud call to Israel and to the nations."
The coming super blood moon will be seen in Jerusalem.
"The land of Israel belongs to the God of Israel and is on lease to them. They have no authority to sell or give away the land of Israel to another people, as it is their heritage," he said.
The fourth blood moon comes as the 70th United Nations General Assembly moves to recognize a Palestinian state, which Israel sees as a threat to its existence. (WND) Read more.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Persecuted Ex-Muslim: Their Beliefs Revealed a Religion of Hate I Did Not Like, Whereas Christianity . . .
"This so-called ISIS or el Shabab or Boko Haram, they're not like extremists. They're not fanatical. They're just 'good Muslims,' good Muslims who follow the teachings of Islam. The prophet Mohammed, he did that. They're doing what he did," -Mona Walter
(Gothenburg, Sweden)-[CBN News] Mona Walter is on a mission. Her mission is for more Muslims to know what is in the Koran. She says if more Muslims knew what was in the Koran, more would leave Islam.
Walter came to Sweden from Somalia as a war refugee when she was 19. She says she was excited about joining a modern European nation with equal rights for women. But as a young Muslim woman, that was not the Sweden she encountered. (Read more)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
For the High Holy Days:
Fine Linen, The Wedding of The Lamb
By Carolyn Hyde
Hallelujah! The Lord God Almighty Reigns!
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.