Preparing to pray for the peace of Jerusalem during the ten days of awe . . . please see an important announcement by going here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, September 11, 2015
" . . . and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Abide in Me . . .
Abide in Me . . .
Today's Devotional:The Apostle Paul experienced many trials and tribulations throughout his life. And yet, he describes the peace of God as a peace that transcends all human understanding. He says that you, too, can know that kind of peace, if you are willing to present your requests to God and trust Him like Paul did.
Day Four: Friday, 9/11/2015
Day Four: Friday, 9/11/2015
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6,7)
Please note: We will continue to gather together, abiding in His Presence, throughout this weekend at 9:00 p.m each night. Our next devotional guide will be published on Monday.
We welcome you all to come and join us in these very special times of worship, fellowship and fresh anointing as we continue our 21-day vigil to Abide in His Glory. Amen!
Join us tonight (and this weekend) as we abide together in His presence . . .
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 596015#
Time: 9:00 p.m. EDT/8:00 p.m. CDT/7:00 p.m. MDT/ 6:00 p.m. PDT
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Protests set to continue as David Cameron meets Benjamin Netanyahu for talks - The Independent
Protests outside the gates of Downing Street are expected to continue for a second day when David Cameron is scheduled to meet Israel's prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, for talks.
Police clashed with around 300 angry protesters in Whitehall who demanded the UK authorities arrest Mr Netanyahu over his government's handling of the continuing eight year blockade of Gaza and Israel's overall policy towards the Palestinians.
Ahead of his visit to Number 10 and speaking after talks with the European Council president, Donald Tusk, Mr Netanyahu said Europe should be acting as a supporter rather a critic of his country, claiming "Israel is the only shield that Europe and Middle East have against extremist Islam, which is surging." (Read more)
- Abba, we lift this matter before Your Throne. We ask that You open the eyes of the blind and open the ears of those who do not hear. We pray for Your protection over Prime Minister Netanyahu during his visit to the UK. Please bless the meetings he is having with David Cameron. We ask that You bring unity of heart and mind to the leaders of both nations. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
2. Rivlin hints at rift with Netanyahu - 'We haven't met in two months' - Jerusalem Post
President Reuven Rivlin revealed on Wednesday that he has not met with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the last two months.
In an interview with Army Radio, the president said that while he is on speaking terms with the premier, "we just haven't gotten a chance to set a meeting."
"I have no complaints," the president said. "If I wanted to, I would meet the prime minister." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask that You would silence any rumors that are being spread. We pray for unity between Prime Minister Netanyahu and President Rivlin. We ask that Your Holy Spirit would knit together each member of Israel's government in unity. We pray that they would set aside any personal agendas and that they would work together for the land of Israel. We also pray that You would pour out your Holy Spirit on them and that they would seek more of You. Bless both Prime Minister Netanyahu and President Rivlin and fill them with Your wisdom and discernment. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
3. Watch: Pro-Palestinian Activist Calls for Second Holocaust - Israel National News
Pro-Israel campaigners are no strangers to anti-Semitic abuse, particularly when countering anti-Israel rallies like the one which took place Wednesday in central London, as anti-Zionists protested a visit to the UK by Israeli PM Binyamin Netanyahu.
Hundreds of anti-Israel protesters called for Netanyahu to be arrested and the Jewish state destroyed, with several flying the flag of the Shia Islamist Hezbollah - a proscribed terrorist group in the UK.
But this time, some of the abuse was particularly open, with one woman caught on camera openly calling for the genocide of all "six million Jews" in Israel. (Read more)
4. US blacklists 4 Hamas, Hezbollah operatives - Israel Hayom
The U.S. State Department announced Tuesday that it has placed four members of the radical Hamas and Hezbollah groups on a terrorism blacklist that subjects them to U.S. sanctions. The four are Hezbollah operative Samir Kuntar and Hamas military leaders Mohammed Deif, Yahya Sinwar and Rawhi Mushtaha.
According to a post on the State Department's website, the four have been placed on the Specially Designated Global Terrorists list, "which targets terrorists and those providing support to terrorists or acts of terrorism." The move effectively bars Americans from doing business with them and freezes any assets the four may have in U.S. jurisdictions. (Read more)
5. Jerusalem Lawyers Launch Citizen's War on Anti-Semitism - Israel Today
"Any place or anytime where there are anti-Semitic activities, we want to be there to fight back." That is the battle cry of a new initiative of the Jerusalem Institute for Justice (JIJ), which is organizing an international network of lawyers ready to take legal action against all those persecuting Jews anywhere in the world.
Concerned citizens are being asked to rise up in the face of mounting threats and attacks against Jews around the globe, and to report on anti-Semitic activities as they occur through a website set up to coordinate responses. (Read more)
- Father, we ask that You place Your hand over these lawyers. We ask that You keep them safe, and most importantly, that You would cause them to draw nearer to You. Father, we ask that You would reveal Your prophecies and Your will to them. Give them understanding that there is great spiritual warfare going on behind the scenes. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
6. Over 600 Israelis treated as sandstorm continues unabated - Times of Israel
More than 600 Israelis have been treated for the effects of the massive sandstorm that has blanketed the country since Tuesday morning, the Magen David Adom national emergency medical services said Wednesday.
With the air heavy with sand and familiar skylines a distant blur, MDA paramedics have tended to 632 people, including more than 374 who suffered shortness of breath and asthma attacks. More than 83 people fainted and more than 175 people suffered from an exacerbation of existing heart conditions.
Due to the weather, the Israeli airline Israir canceled all flights to and from Eilat's airport until Thursday morning. At that stage, the company will assess conditions and then decide whether to resume flights or not. (Read more)
The Daily Brief
1. Senate Dems block GOP measure to kill Iran deal - POLITICO
Senate Democrats on Thursday successfully blocked a measure meant to kill President Barack Obama's nuclear deal with Iran, dealing a decisive defeat to Republicans' attempts to derail the controversial agreement and ensuring its survival.
With a 58-42 vote, Democrats filibustered the disapproval resolution that Republicans and other deal opponents had tried to send to Obama's desk. The resolution needed 60 votes to advance. (Read more)
-Abba Father, the Democrats dealt the United States of America a traitorous blow by not allowing an up or down vote on the Iran Nuclear Agreement "on the question of whether a filibuster of a disapproval resolution was appropriate for such a weighty matter." This was not a filibuster on the agreement, but against the American people. Abba Father, we ask that this traitorous act not be left unpunished. In Your Name we pray, Amen.
- "The LORD is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generations." (Numbers 14:18)
2. Cruz: McConnell and Boehner Can Stop Iran Deal 'If They Simply Enforce Federal Law' - CNSNews.com
Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker John Boehner have it in their power to prevent the Iran nuclear deal from going ahead, on the grounds the administration has not produced all the documentation as required by law, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) argued Wednesday.
"There are two men in Washington D.C. who can defeat this deal," Cruz told a Tea Party Patriots-organized rally on Capitol Hill, protesting against the Iran agreement. "Under the terms of the Corker-Cardin review legislation, the clock does not begin ticking until the president hands over the entire deal, and he has not handed over the side agreements.
"What that means is that all that has to happen is for Mitch McConnell and John Boehner to say: 'The congressional review period has not started. Under federal law, it is illegal for Obama to lift sanctions [against Iran],'" said Cruz, one of 17 Republicans campaigning for the party's 2016 presidential nomination. "Mitch McConnell and John Boehner can stop this deal if they simply enforce - if they simply enforce federal law." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we pray that the Corker-Cardin Review Legislation can still stop the Iran Nuclear Agreement, aka Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). We pray that today's filibuster did not nullify the Corker-Cardin Review. We pray for boldness for McConnell and Boehner. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen." (2 Timothy 4:18)
3. Congressman Apologizes for Future Iran Attack: We Couldn't Stop Deal that Unleashed Nuclear Hell - CNSNews.com
Rep. Bill Johnson, a 26-year veteran of the U.S. Air Force who now represents southeastern Ohio in the United States House of Representatives, took to the House floor on Wednesday to apologize in advance to those he fears will be the victims of a future Iranian nuclear attack.
"It is especially ironic and heartbreaking to be speaking about this as today, in 2015, we prepare to remember those killed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks," he said. "So to the people of 2030, on behalf of America, I am truly sorry. I am sorry we failed to stop President Obama from releasing $150 billion to fuel the destructive fantasies of terrorist leaders in Iran that lit the fuse."
"During my 26-year career in the United States Air Force, America's leaders believed in mutually assured destruction, the MAD theory. We thought, if one nation such as the Soviet Union launched nuclear missiles, the other nation would do so as well and both would be destroyed. This potential of mutual destruction kept those missiles in their silos. . . But that theory does not apply to dealing with the leaders of Iran, who are dangerous fanatics, motivated by evil, not self-preservation."(Read more)
- Abba Father, You are still on the throne and prayer changes things. We pray that Congressman Bill Johnson's prophecy will not come true. You are Lord of all and Your hand is on Israel and the USA to protect us. We stand on Your word. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)
4. Planned Parenthood Horror Videos Investigation Underway as Congressional Hearing Begins - CBN
Congress has launched an investigation into the Planned Parenthood aborted baby organ harvesting scandal. The long-awaited hearings come after numerous shocking undercover videos which showed Planned Parenthood officials and their corporate allies making deals to cash in on aborted baby body parts.
The chairman of the House Judiciary Committee says his goal is to protect taxpayers from having their money misused by the abortion provider. "Planned Parenthood . . . is granted huge amounts of federal funds, making it our business as members of Congress charged with controlling federal purse strings, to do what we can to ensure federal taxpayers are not contributing to the sorts of horrors reflected in the undercover videos," Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va, said.
Democrats on the committee defended Planned Parenthood and called the makers of the videos "liars." (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that this committee will now dig down deep into the history of this evil agency and bring to light all the hidden crimes they have been committing. Lord God, let us learn from the history of Nazi Germany, whose similar crimes were just as horrific. Father, this is NOT America . . . bring us home to You, O Lord, we pray, amen and amen.
- "Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them." (Eph. 5:11 NLT)
5. "Truth Wins In The End" - Navy Chaplain, Accused of Being "Anti-Gay," Spared From Discharge - Fox News
A Navy chaplain accused of failing to show "tolerance and respect" toward gay sailors has been cleared of all wrongdoing and will not be removed from the military. Instead, the chaplain, who is endorsed by the Assemblies of God, was cleared of all wrongdoing and will be allowed to retire-marking the end of nearly 20 years of military service. "This is not only a great day for Chaplain Modder, but for every American who supports religious freedom in our military," said Michael Berry, the chaplain's attorney.
Liberty Institute President Kelly Shackelford commended the Navy for exonerating their client and called it a victory for religious liberty. "We always knew that when the facts came to light, the Navy would exonerate Chaplain Modder," Shackelford said.
"Religious liberty is our first freedom and essential for our men and women in uniform. It's unfortunate that a good man like Chaplain Wes Modder has been subjected to public scorn and ridicule because of a young officer's witch hunt. However, truth won the day and Chaplain Modder should be commended for his courage under fire and his long years of service to the United States Armed Forces.
"And let this be a warning to those officers who might try to target other military chaplains. Your misdeeds will be exposed. We hope this sends a strong signal to military commanders-violating religious liberty will not be tolerated," Shackelford told me. (Read more)
- Abba Father we thank You and praise You for this righteous and just ruling. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "God has broken through my enemies by my hand, like the breakthrough of waters." (I Chronicles 14:11)
6. Presbyterian Church (USA) Hosts First Same-sex Wedding at National Office - ChristianHeadlines.com
The national office of the Presbyterian denomination hosted a same-sex wedding last week. The wedding of Paul Kempf and Robb Gwaltney was officiated by a Presbyterian Church official in Louisville, Kentucky. About 25 people attended the ceremony, according to the Christian Post.
"Kempf has been an employee of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) since 2012 and Gwaltney is a former employee who helped plan and oversee the PC(USA) move to Louisville in 1988," said Gregg Brekke of the Presbyterian News Service.
Carmen Fowler LaBerge, president of the Presbyterian Lay Committee, said the wedding was an "in-your-face" action. "I see it as an in-your-face act designed to make a public and political statement that the PC(USA) is pro-gay marriage, alternative views be damned," said LaBerge. (Read more)
- Lord God Almighty in Heaven, the only Wise God, we come before Your Throne of Grace with weeping, in repentance for the fallen state of the national Presbyterian Church (USA) as well as most of the other major denominations in our country. Lord, how have we lost our way? Today the blind are leading the blind . . . right into a path without You in eternity.
Abba Father God, in the shaking that is about to come upon all of us, we ask that the fear of You would fall upon the lost, that they would repent, find the truth, and receive You as their Savior and their Lord. We ask all this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken--that is, created things--so that what cannot be shaken may remain." (Hebrews 12:27)
7. NATO voices concern over Russian military action in Syria; Meeting in Turkey Sept. 11 to Sept.13 - Dw.com
Stoltenberg said on Wednesday that reports of growing Russian military activity were a source of concern, and unhelpful when it came to finding a political solution. "I am concerned about reports about the increased Russian military presence in Syria," Stoltenberg told reporters during a visit to Prague. "That will not contribute to solving the conflict. I think it is important to now support all efforts to find a political solution to the conflict in Syria."
The comments come amid reports of a growing Russian military presence and build-up of weapons in Syria, with some sources claiming that Moscow has special operations forces fighting in the country to help troops loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. The Kremlin has been a loyal supporter of Assad's government, supplying it with weapons throughout the four-and-a-half year conflict. However, Russia says its troops are there purely to train Assad's forces how to use Russian equipment. (Read more)
- Abba Father, once again Russia wants to incite controversy in the Syrian region. We pray for a miracle. . . that Russia cooperates with the countries who have united to fight ISIS in the region. Abba nothing is too difficult for You. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "I have made the earth, the men and the beasts which are on the face of the earth by My great power and by My outstretched arm, and I will give it to the one who is pleasing in My sight."(Jeremiah 27:5)
8. Temple Mount Victory! Israel Outlaws Muslim Groups Responsible for Physical, Verbal Attacks on Jews and Christians - Breaking Israel News
Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon outlawed two Islamic Movement groups who harass Jewish and Christian visitors to the Temple Mount on Wednesday. In a major victory for Temple Mount activists seeking to open the holy site to people, Ya'alon declared the Murabitun and Murabitat groups "unlawful organizations," now making membership in or financing of the group illegal.
The defense minister's decision came in response to a month by Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan and Temple Mount Heritage Foundation founder Rabbi Yehudah Glick. Ya'alon finalized the law upon the recommendation of the Israel Security Agency and Israeli Police as a necessary means to preserve public peace and security.
The Murabitun and Murabitat groups, comprised of Muslim men and women respectively, have become famous for their verbal and physical attacks on Jews visiting the Temple Mount. (Read more)
- Lord God, we praise You for this great victory, indeed! Praise the Lord!
-"For the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory." (Deuteronomy 20:4)
9. Iraqi PM takes steps to combat Christian persecution - Fox News
Iraq's elected leader has formed a task force to monitor persecution of the embattled nation's dwindling Christian population, a step hailed Wednesday by hopeful advocates a world away.
Prime Minister Haydar al-Abadi appointed the committee as Christians face kidnapping, extortion and murder - even in Baghdad, where ISIS has no established presence. First reported by Christian Headlines.com, the news followed a call from a key Christian member of parliament for more protection of the faith's practitioners. The non-governmental organization Bagdad Beituna (Baghdad Our Home) claims that 70 percent of Baghdad Christians' homes have been seized illegally, and Christians in other parts of the country controlled by ISIS have been killed or driven out.
"A lot depends on who is on the committee, but it's a very good step," said former U.S. Rep. Frank Wolf, Senior Distinguished Fellow at the Middle East Christian advocacy group 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative. (Read more)
- Father God, we do pray that the efforts of this prime minister to protect Christians in Iraq would be blessed by Your Hand. We ask this in Jesus' name, even as we remember the persecuted church in our prayers. Amen.
- "First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority . . ." (1 Timothy 2:1,2)
10. 'Mega' Agenda 21 resurrected with pope's help - WND
Francis is expected to enthusiastically endorse a new U.N. document that promises to wipe out poverty by 2030 by reordering the world economy along the lines of socialist principles. The document, titled "Transforming Our World: 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development," also seeks to "strengthen universal peace" and usher in a new era of shared prosperity. The pope's visit marks just one in a series of historic and potentially prophetic events during the month of September. (Read more)
- Father, we hold Your Word of Truth up before the plans of this Pope, for You, Lord God, are the Most High One and only that which is blessed of You, and is in the center of Your will, can prosper. Thank You, Lord, for destroying this plan in Your time, for truly, the battle is the Lord's. In Your name, amen.
- "The Lord nullifies the counsel of the nations;
He frustrates the plans of the peoples.
The counsel of the Lord stands forever,
The plans of His heart from generation to generation." (Psalm 33:10,11)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, September 10, 2015
White House deceiving Americans about IS
Not a day goes by that beheadings, burning people alive, mass killings, destruction of Biblical landmarks are reported of the horrors perpetrated by the Islamic State. It was in March 2011 when the "president" took to national TV to make his case for aiding and abetting the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda in attacking Libya during the US supported "Arab Spring" revolts. He said of Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi, "He has denied his people freedom, exploited their wealth, murdered opponents at home and abroad, and terrorized innocent people around the world." Thus, the "president" aided the overthrow of Libya by the same terrorists we were fighting in Iraq. When it comes to IS, however, it's a different story.
The IS is committing even more atrocities than Qaddafi. Yet the "president" is far less fiery regarding this Islamic group. In a speech at the Pentagon on July 6, he said, "Our comprehensive strategy against ISIL is harnessing all elements of American power, across our government -- military, intelligence, diplomatic, economic, development and perhaps most importantly, the power of our values." Yet he admitted there were setbacks, most notably: "We see a growing ISIL presence in Libya and attempts to establish footholds across North Africa, the Middle East, the Caucasus, and Southeast Asia. We've seen attacks in Ottawa, Sydney, France and Copenhagen."
The Daily Beast reports that the "president" and his political appointees are watering down intelligence assessments about the Islamic State to give the appearance that the US is accomplishing more than it is. The Daily Beast reports: "More than 50 intelligence analysts working out of the US military's Central Command have formally complained that their reports on ISIS and al Qaeda's branch in Syria were being inappropriately altered by senior officials." The "president's" appointees were described as "Stalinist" in censoring the intelligence reports to paint a rosier picture to the public about efforts against IS, despite the terrorist group's undeniable progress against anemic resistance by the US.
Sometimes one has to suspend your disbelief to see through the reality. There is a common denominator in who this "president" supports. In Libya, it was the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda. In Syria, it is al Nursa, which pledged loyalty to the IS. Turkey, another of the "president's" allies is supporting the IS. Iran, which the "president" is supporting, has said it will not cooperate with the US against the IS. This "president" seems to be promoting a theme of "all Islam, all the time." His support of Arab spring destabilized the Middle East and spawned the IS. Now his efforts to defeat the IS are half-hearted at best, but he wants Americans to think we are winning. Deception is in the air. Jesus told us in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." He also said we will know them not by their words, but by their deeds. Take heed.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Boehner Changes Course On Iran
Boehner Changes Course On Iran
As Americans rallied on Capitol Hill demanding more resistance to the Iran nuclear deal, Speaker John Boehner changed course late yesterday. There is a growing consensus that President Obama failed to meet his legal obligations under the Iran Nuclear Review Act, so the speaker scrapped plans for just one vote.
The House will reportedly vote on three resolutions:
- A resolution to approve the deal. This vote forces lawmakers to go on the record for or against the deal and will show how little support it has in Congress. This is an important distinction because recent polling found that 66% of likely voters believe that the deal should not go into effect unless Congress approves it -- and it won't.
- The second resolution will reportedly rebuke President Obama for failing to submit the secret side deals between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency.
- The final resolution would stipulate that U.S. sanctions against Iran are to remain in place.
One reason for this new approach is that if President Obama ignores the will of Congress, as he is likely to do, this series of votes provides the foundation for a legal challenge to stop the deal. The House is effectively stating that the president's deal is unenforceable because he violated the terms of the Iran Nuclear Review Act.
(Source: Gary Bauer)
National Security Scandals
National Security Scandals
As bad as the IRS and VA scandals are, history may ultimately judge that the Obama/Clinton scandals related to our national security are the greatest mark of shame on this administration. From Benghazi and our retreat around the world, to Russian and Chinese hacking and the Iranian deal, we have been lied to time and time again with potentially catastrophic results.
Now, here's the latest scandal: More than 50 intelligence analysts are accusing the administration of manipulating intelligence data on ISIS. The Daily Beast reports that military leaders deliberately altered intelligence reports in order to "adhere to the administration's public line that the U.S. is winning the battle against ISIS" and Al Qaeda.
This is the Benghazi scandal all over again!
Throughout the 2012 campaign, Obama and Clinton insisted that Al Qaeda had been decimated and was "on the run." Then our consulate in Benghazi was attacked. The Obama/Clinton team couldn't tell the truth because it contradicted their spin, so they concocted a false story about spontaneous riots over a video.
Now, as a massive refugee crisis confronts Europe, we are learning that the war against ISIS, such as it is, isn't going nearly as well as we have been led to believe. And if this administration is giving us bad intelligence on ISIS, how can we trust its intelligence on Iran?
By the way, Al Qaeda is threatening to disrupt the U.S. economy by assassinating several high-profile billionaires. It has produced a "hit list" with names like Charles and David Koch, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Michael Bloomberg, Jim Walton and Sheldon Adelson. They can get off the list by pulling their money from U.S. banks and denouncing Israel. (Gary Bauer)
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
DEAR LORD AND FATHER OF MANKIND
Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. (I Kings 19:11,12)
Dear Lord and Father of mankind, Forgive our foolish ways; Reclothe us in our rightful mind, In purer lives Thy service find, In deeper reverence, praise.
In simple trust like theirs who heard, Beside the Syrian sea, The gracious calling of the Lord, Let us, like them, without a word, Rise up and follow Thee.
O Sabbath rest by Galilee, O calm of hills above, Where Jesus knelt to share with Thee The silence of eternity, Interpreted by love!
With that deep hush subduing all Our words and works that drown The tender whisper of Thy call, As noiseless let Thy blessing fall As fell Thy manna down.
Drop Thy still dews of quietness, Till all our strivings cease; Take from our souls the strain and stress, And let our ordered lives confess The beauty of Thy peace.
Breathe through the heats of our desire Thy coolness and Thy balm; Let sense be dumb, let flesh retire; Speak through the earthquake, wind, and fire, O still, small voice of calm.
Please go here.
About the Author:
Words: John G. Whittier, 1872
Music: Frederick C. Maker, 1887
About the Hymn:
The words are from a long narrative poem, "The Brewing of Soma." It describes Vedic priests going into the forest and drinking themselves into a stupor with a concoction called "soma." They try to have a religious experience and contact the spirit world. It is after setting that scene that Whittier draws his lesson: "Dear Lord, and Father of mankind, forgive our foolish ways . . ." This hymn is as relevant today as when it was written. In a modern context, it speaks to the drug culture, and those looking for an "experience" to prove the reality of God.
Signs and Wonders
THE MORNING PLANET SHOW
Planets are gathering in the morning sky. Venus and Jupiter have recently emerged as morning "stars," rising in the east ahead of the sun, joining Mars in an array of lights that lets early risers view 1/3rd of the solar system at a glance. The display will continue--and improve--as autumn unfolds.
If you like what you see, and wish to see more, mark your calendar as follows: On Oct. 8th the crescent Moon will have another close encounter with Venus (sky map), followed on Oct. 9th by a near miss of Jupiter and Mars (sky map). Every morning after that, the planets will converge until Oct. 24th - Oct. 29th when they fit within a circle only 5o wide. Typical binoculars can see a patch of sky about 6o or 7o degrees wide. So when the triangle of planets shrinks to 5o, they will all fit inside a binoculars field of view. Imagine looking through the eyepiece and seeing three planets--all at once.
By the time October comes to an end, the planetary triangle will start breaking apart. But there are still two dates of special interest: Nov. 6th and 7th. On those increasingly wintry mornings, the crescent Moon will swoop in among the dispersing planets for a loose but beautiful conjunction.
Look east before sunrise. There's a lot to see.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Non-Stop Prayer Movement Grips Atheist China
Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, thousands of Christians are meeting in a corner of northeast China for an unprecedented prayer movement.
What started as a small gathering six years ago has become a nationwide prayer initiative uniting hundreds of Chinese churches. Television cameras have never been allowed to film the prayer services, but CBN News was granted exclusive access.
For years, the Chinese government tried to snuff out Christianity. In the late 1940s, some 500,000 Chinese Christians were killed because of their faith.
Now decades later in what is officially still an atheist nation, Christianity is the fastest growing religion. (CBN and Breaking Christian News) Read more
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
In The Presence of Jehovah
In the presence of Jehovah,
God Almighty, Prince of Peace
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended,
In the presence of The King
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.
Events during September
Events during September:
March for Christ in Washington, D.C.
Celebrate 200 Years of our National Anthem!
Remembering Israel's Ten Days of Awe
PART ONE: 9/11
Observances to be Held on Friday, September 11th:
To read a summary of all 9/11 observances this year, please go here.
The end of the Shemitah year and the March for Christ in Washington, D.C.
Join the March for Christ in Washington, D.C.!
Sunday, September 13th: 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m
Ending in worship at David's Tent with the sound of
100 blasts of the shofar on the eve of Rosh Hashana!
For details, go here.
Praying during the TEN DAYS OF AWE: from Rosh Hashanah (Sept. 13) to Yom Kippur (Sept. 23).
For details, please go here.
To access the shortened, 12-page guide to prayer, please go here.
To access the full version of a guide to prayer during the 10 Days of Awe, please go here. (With many thanks to John Moore for developing this material for all of us to use.)
"Year of Thanksgiving for the National Anthem Bicentennial Celebration"
From 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Lincoln Memorial
For details, please go here.