Ten Days of Awe:
Conference Call Until Sept. 23
9-10 am Eastern
For more details, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, September 21, 2015
"Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by." (Isaiah 26:20)
"Praise Him with the sound of the shofar." (Psalm 150:3)
Abide in Me . . .
This is a photo of a church that was left standing in the recent, horrific "Valley Fire" in northern California. The flames surrounded this building, but miraculously stopped at the property line . . . without the assistance of the firefighters. We praise God for this miracle.
Day Fourteen: Monday, September 21, 2015
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Eph. 6:12)
Join us every night through Tuesday, Sept. 29th, as we abide together in His presence.
Conference number: 605-562-3140 Access Code: 596015# Time: 9:00 p.m. EDT/8:00 p.m. CDT/7:00 p.m. MDT/ 6:00 p.m. PDT
We welcome you all to come and join us in these very special times of worship, fellowship and fresh anointing as we continue our 21-day vigil to Abide in His Glory.
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. UN Security Council 'gravely concerned' over Temple Mount violence - Times of Israel
The United Nations Security Council is expressing "grave concern" after violence this week at Jerusalem's holiest site and is calling for restraint and calm. The council statement was issued late Thursday after three days of clashes at the hilltop compound known to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary, or Haram al-Sharif, and to Jews as the Temple Mount.
The clashes began Sunday morning, with security forces seizing pipe bombs at the site in an operation carried out hours before Jews prepared to celebrate the Jewish New Year. The Shin Bet security service alerted police to the cache, apparently an effort by Palestinians to stock up on bombs, flares and rocks ahead of an organized riot.
The police said its forces had entered the site after protesters began throwing stones and firecrackers at the Mughrabi Gate, the access point for non-Muslim visitors to the site. Police said that protesters had wedged open a door to the mosque, which officers had later closed, allowing visits to the Temple Mount to continue as scheduled. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we pray that the UN is assessing this dangerous situation in truth, and will continue to respond in a balanced and fair manner. It is clear that dangerous pipe bombs and other tools for assault purposes have been brought to the Temple Mount by Palestinians who wanted to provoke violence against non Muslims. Help Your people and protect Your Holy City Jerusalem, Father! We pray this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "Therefore thus says the Lord God: 'Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, a tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; whoever believes will not act hastily. Also I will make justice the measuring line, and righteousness the plummet; the hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters will overflow the hiding place.'" (Isaiah 28:16-17 NKJV)
2. Saudi official: We won't cooperate with Israel as long as 'Palestine is occupied' - Times of Israel
LONDON - Denying recent claims by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu regarding a new era in Israel's relations with Sunni Arab states, a former top Saudi official told The Times of Israel that no Arab-Israeli cooperation can exist as long as the conflict with the Palestinians remains unresolved.
Speaking at an event hosted by King's College London and Georgetown University titled "What should the world do about ISIS and the challenge from violent extremism?" Prince Turki al-Faisal, who served as Saudi Arabia's chief of intelligence until 2001 and then as ambassador to the United Kingdom and the United States, said there could be no cooperation between Saudi Arabia and Israel "as long as Palestine is occupied by Israel." (Read more)
3. Netanyahu in Moscow - Jerusalem Post
On Monday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is to be in Russia for talks with President Vladimir Putin. The two will discuss Russia's increasing military involvement in Syria.
From Putin's perspective, Russia's involvement in Syria and the cementing of relations with the Assad regime is a key part of a longstanding effort to project power in the Middle East. Russia has long maintained a naval base at the coastal city of Tartus. Now the country has built an airfield to complement it. (Read more)
4. Abbas to meet Putin in Moscow next week - Israel National News
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas will travel to Moscow next week for talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin and the opening ceremony of Europe's largest mosque, an embassy spokesman told AFP on Friday.
"President Abbas will arrive next week to take part in the opening ceremony of the Moscow Grand Mosque," Palestinian embassy spokesman Ahmed Muslih told AFP, adding that Abbas was expected to meet Putin. (Read more)
5. UN nuclear conference rejects Arab-led bid to censure Israel - Israel Hayom
An Arab-led attempt to censure Israel over its assumed "nuclear capabilities" failed Thursday, with a majority of states at the International Atomic Energy Agency's annual meeting voting down the resolution to implement nuclear oversight in the Jewish state. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu described the rejection of the motion to force Israel to join a global anti-nuclear weapons pact as a "great victory" for Israel's diplomatic efforts. (Read more)
6. Egypt 'starts flooding Gaza tunnels' - BBC
The Egyptian military has begun flooding tunnels used by Palestinian militants and smugglers under the border with Gaza, reports say.
It is the latest move by Egypt to destroy the tunnels, part of an offensive against insurgents. (Read more)
7. US Jewish group pans UN's 'one-sided' Temple Mount critique - Times of Israel
An American Jewish umbrella group on Friday lambasted the UN Security Council's statement about violence on the Temple Mount issued the day before, saying it was "one sided," and "unacceptable" in its denial of Jewish connection to the holy site.
The Security Council on Thursday expressed "grave concern" about ongoing violence on the contested holy site known to Jews as the Temple Mount and to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary, or Haram al-Sharif. The statement said Muslims at the site "must be allowed to worship in peace, free from violence, threats and provocations" and that "visitors should be without fear of violence or intimidation." (Read more)
8. East Jerusalemites: "There will be more and more explosions" - Jerusalem Online
"The feeling in East Jerusalem is not very good," Arab residents of the city relate. While Jewish residents fear an increased wave of terror from the throwing of rocks and Molotov cocktails, Arab residents from the eastern part of the city claim that they also suffer from the disturbances and the deteriorated security situation that has arisen within recent days.
They believe that it is an affront and insult to their religion to have people that are not part of their faith visit their holy sites. Given this, they claim that they suffer by the mere presence of Jews coming to visit the Al Aqsa Mosque as well as from the deteriorated relationship between both Jews and Arabs that follows what they consider to be the inevitable clashes that exasperates the already prevailing negative situation that Arab residents of East Jerusalem deal with. (Read more)
9. Abbas Announces 'Bombshell' in Pending UN Speech - Bridges for Peace
During his 29 September speech at the UN General Assembly, Palestinian Authority President, Mahmoud Abbas, warned yesterday that his message would be anything but a run-of-the-mill address. "I will drop a bombshell at the end of my speech," he vowed.
Speaking to the Arab media in an interview set to broadcast next week, the PA President refrained from elaborating on "the nature of this bombshell." He did, however, reveal that his address would focus on the peace process with Israel, the Oslo Accords and the alleged Israeli violations of the agreement, Ynet reported. (Read more)
10. Intercessors for Israel: Weekly Prayer Bulletin
To read this alert, please go here.
11. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Prayer Update
To read this alert, please go here.
12. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Alert
To read this alert, please go here.
The Daily Brief
1. Pope's visit will produce largest security operation in U.S. history - Washington Post
Federal authorities are mobilizing one of the largest security operations in U.S. history ahead of Pope Francis's arrival Tuesday, an effort that is straining law enforcement resources in Washington, New York and Philadelphia. Hundreds of thousands of onlookers are expected to gather in all three cities for a glimpse of the Catholic Church leader, whose unrivaled global popularity and proclivity to wade into public crowds has added to security concerns. Thousands of federal and local personnel will be deployed to keep the pontiff and the public safe. The challenges are immense. The pope's five-day tour, his first in the United States, will include appearances at the White House and Congress, a parade on Constitution Avenue in Washington, a Mass at Madison Square Garden, a procession through Central Park in New York, and an open air Mass with up to 1.5 million people in Philadelphia. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that the FBI is reporting no credible threat against the life of this visitor when he arrives in all 3 American cities this week. We ask for Your grace to be upon all those who are tasked with keeping the Pope safe during this visit. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, who is Lord over all. Amen.
- "And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." (Rev. 19:16)
2. Pope Francis Calls For A New Global Political Authority To Save Humanity - End of American Dream
Pope Francis says that global warming is a fact and that a new global political authority is necessary in order to save humanity from utter disaster. The new encyclical that was scheduled to be released on Thursday has been leaked, and it is being reported that this new global political authority that Pope Francis envisions would be in charge of "the reduction of pollution and the development of poor countries and regions".
[This agenda] . . . goes so much farther than Agenda 21 ever did. The new UN agenda does not just address the environment - it also addresses issues such as poverty, agriculture, education and gender equality. It is essentially a blueprint for governing the entire planet, and that sounds very much like what Pope Francis also wants. In fact, Pope Francis is going to give the speech that kicks off the UN conference in September where this new sustainable agenda will be launched.
For some reason, this Pope has decided to make the fight against climate change the central pillar of his papacy, and he is working very hard to unite as much of humanity as possible to get behind that effort. It is not an accident that this new encyclical is coming out now. An article from the Guardian even states that the release was intended "to have maximum public impact" prior to the Pope's major speech at the UN in September . . . (Read more)
- Abba Father, we know that You are aware of the distortions, actual scientific lies and deceptions that are reflected within these UN agenda documents. We know the intents and purposes are destructive and full of darkness. These are not plans to value Your creation or Your people but are for the people who serve and worship 'the enemy of our souls'. We seek Your guidance and direction of how we are to pray and to prepare to live and work for Your purposes in these times, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it.' Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left." (Isaiah 30:21 NKJV)
3. Pro-Abortion and Pro-LGBT Catholic Biden Gets the Bully 'Pope'- it as 2016 Chatter Builds - Fox News
Vice President Biden hasn't yet jumped into the 2016 fray but will be as visible as any candidate - if not more - as he makes several appearances next week with Pope Francis during his U.S. visit. The vice president, who is Catholic, plans to help welcome the pontiff, attend Mass and later lead his farewell ceremony in Philadelphia. Biden's major role in the pope's visit is sure to raise his already-high profile as he deliberates over jumping into the presidential race. The VP repeatedly has declined to say which way he's leaning, but Hillary Clinton's struggles in the polls are keeping the speculation alive -- and Biden's supporters are supplying plenty of grist for the Washington rumor mill. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we ask for Your Mercy and protection while Pope Francis is on our land. May Your people not be 'blinded' by all this 'pomp and ceremony' but may they acutely discern the deceptions that are being presented. Direct our prayers, Lord, and tell us how to respond, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- " . . . be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day; for surely there is a hereafter, and your hope will not be cut off." (Proverbs 23:17-18 NKJV)
4. 177 House Members Vote Against Bill That Makes Killing a Born Baby Murder - CNSNEWS
The U.S. House of Representatives voted 248 to 177 on Friday afternoon to approve a bill that would give a born baby who survives an abortion the same protection under the law as "any person who comes to a hospital, clinic, or other facility for screening and treatment or otherwise becomes a patient within its care."
Under the bill, the Congressional Research Service explained in its official summary of the legislation, "An individual who commits an overt act that kills a child born alive is subject to criminal prosecution for murder."
The bill would also "require any health care practitioner who is present when a child is born alive following an abortion or attempted abortion to: (1) exercise the same degree of care as reasonably provided to any other child born alive at the same gestational age, and (2) ensure that such child is immediately admitted to a hospital."
Five Democrats voted for the bill, and all 177 votes against it were cast by Democratic members. One member, Rep. John Garamendi (D.-Calif.), voted present, and eight members, including three Republicans and five Democrats did not vote. (Read more)
- Father, we are praising You today that this bill has been passed by the House of Representatives, but we weep for the 177 members who have voted against this measure. Lord God, they seem to view these special babies -- that manage to be born alive from abortion -- as just 'things' to be disposed of and sold in pieces. Forgive us for having fallen so far into this nightmarish darkness where so many people in leadership appear to care more for money and personal power than placing value on human life. We offer this prayer of repentance in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen and Amen.
- "For the day of the Lord of hosts shall come upon everything proud and lofty. The loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be brought low; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day." (Isaiah 2:12-17 NKJV)
5. U.S. Senate is scheduled to take up the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (PCUCPA) on Monday with a pending vote for Tuesday - Liberty Counsel
The U.S. Senate is scheduled to take up the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (PCUCPA) on Monday with a pending vote for Tuesday. A similar bill was passed earlier this year by the House of Representatives. This is one of the greatest opportunities we've had in recent years to advance the pro-life agenda.
Pro-life people now have key allies in the Senate leadership! Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and the former Democrat committee leadership always conspired to stop this pro-life bill from advancing in the upper chamber. Now we have Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) in place, who openly supports the bill, and Republican control of the Senate committees.
This bill could save the lives of 18,000 children per year! (To take action on this bill, please go here.)
- Heavenly Father, we come before You alone and ask that enough members of the Senate will respond to this bill by standing for life instead of death so that this bill may pass. We ask that You awaken them and draw them out of the 'blindness' which seems to encircle them by drawing them unto Your glorious light and redemption. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.'" (Psalm 53:1a NKJV)
6. State Dept. to Hillary lawyer: Destroy classified Benghazi email - WND
Another jolting disclosure in the Hillary Clinton email scandal: The State Department asked her lawyer to destroy all electronic copies of an email with classified information on the Benghazi terrorist attack. Clinton attorney David Kendall refused the request from Under Secretary of State for Management Patrick F. Kennedy, citing requests by Congress and other investigators to preserve her records, but he suggested the email might be deleted at some point.
This latest revelation was uncovered by the government watchdog group Judicial Watch as part of its lawsuit asking a federal court to protect any emails Clinton has not yet provided, including the ones she and her staff declared were personal.
On Monday, as WND reported, Judicial Watch learned there are gaps totaling five months in the emails sent and received by Clinton on her private server, beginning when she took office as secretary of state in 2009. Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said the gaps indicate Clinton lied under oath when she said all her emails had been turned over.
In response to a court order prompted by a Judicial Watch lawsuit, Clinton declared in August, under penalty of perjury, "I have directed that all of my emails on clintonemail.com in my custody that were or potentially were federal records be provided to the Department of State." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we come to You and seek Your Justice and Truth to shine forth into this investigation. We repent for all our sins and seek mercy for our nation. May the ever increasing evidence of illegal actions and criminal behavior related to Mrs. Clinton's emails result in a just and fair response to all that has been revealed. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil." (Isaiah 5:20a NKJV)
7. Fire officials say 250 additional homes burned in wildfire - Townhall
A Sierra Nevada fire claimed an additional 250 homes, bringing the total to 503, California fire officials said Saturday after making new assessments. California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection spokesman Mike Mohler said the increased count comes as firefighters make progress and damage inspection teams have access to affected areas.
Cal Fire had reported 252 homes destroyed as of Friday night by the fire burning in Amador and Calaveras counties. Two deaths have been reported. The fire is 65 percent contained. A separate blaze in Lake County, about 170 miles northwest, has killed three people, destroyed nearly 600 homes and burned hundreds of other structures.
Heat was descending again on the two deadly and destructive Northern California wildfires after a few days of fair and favorable conditions, and it brought with it fears the blazes could come back to life and major gains could be undone. "We're looking at predicted weather of 100 degrees for the next couple of days, and at least mid-90s throughout the weekend," Scott Mclean, a battalion chief with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, said Friday. "You've got some high temps, high winds that could stir up those ash piles and those ember piles," he said. "We have to do that mop-up to be sure this fire goes to bed." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we seek Your Mercy, asking for rain or whatever is needed, for the firefighters and the home owners caught up in these nightmarish fires that are still raging in northern California. With the extreme weather temperatures that have been predicted, this could create conditions almost intolerable to survive in for the firefighters and rescue staff. We seek Your comfort, strength and wisdom for all involved, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by." (Psalm 57:1 NKJV)
8. Saudi Capital Faces Iran-Backed Missile Threat - WND
As fighting in Yemen continues to escalate, the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels have plans to fire ballistic missiles into Riyadh, the capital and largest city of Saudi Arabia, according to Middle Eastern defense officials speaking to WND. Such a move would be a game-changer in the months-long battle for control of Yemen that already has spilled across the Saudi border.
The officials said Saudi Arabia, which backs the embattled Yemeni government, filed a complaint with Moscow about the purported Russian naval movements. It was not immediately clear where the Russian navy was attempting such a maneuver. Now Middle Eastern defense officials say the Houthis have plans in the works to fire missiles into Riyadh, home to some 5.7 million people and site of the largest international airport in Saudi Arabia. (Read more)
- Lord God, now that this deal with a nuclear Iran has been all but sealed, we stand in the gap and we repent for the dangerous actions of the Obama administration in pushing this deal forward. Lord, even Saudi Arabia sees the truth: a nuclear Iran is a dangerous Iran for Israel and for all the nations of the Middle East. Lord, we stand now at the precipice of another World War breaking out, and we acknowledge that only You can save us from this disaster. We ask this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen.
- "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." (Ecclesiastes 12:14 NKJV)
9. 35 million Muslim migrants may set sights on Europe - WND
A Hungarian government official made an astounding prediction Friday that up to 35 million migrants could flood into Europe as part of a historic population shift, as yet another European country felt the pain.
The comment from Hungary's foreign minister came as Republicans in Congress have started signing on to a bill that would close the U.S. off to refugees for the foreseeable future, a direct counter-punch to President Obama's plan to bring in 85,000 foreign refugees next year, including 10,000 from ISIS controlled territory in Syria.
But time is running out for Europe, where the days of debating policy in a crisis-free environment are over. First Serbia and Hungary, then Germany and now Croatia have watched what many are now calling an invasion of migrants bullying their way across sovereign borders, many of them young men carrying false identification or no identification at all.
Croatia's interior minister says the country is "absolutely full." And Hungary's foreign minister, Peter Szijjártó, told the Hungarian Times that 30 to 35 million migrants could end up making the trip by sea and land to Europe from the destabilized Third World."It's a self delusion to call this situation a migration crisis; it is a massive migration of nations, with inexhaustible reserves," Szijjártó told the newspaper. "I don't think that the analysis results, stating that 30-35 million people out there could possibly become migrants, would be an exaggeration." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask that You direct Your people how to pray, prepare and respond to this 'explosive' situation, and grant our own leaders common sense wisdom in addressing this critical situation. We pray this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen and Amen.
- "Make no friendship with an angry man, and with a furious man do not go, lest you learn his ways and set a snare for your soul." (Proverbs 22:24-25 NKJV)
Do Black Abortions Matter?
Do Black Abortions Matter?
Until recently, African Americans were the nation's second largest ethnic group. Now, over a thousand black babies are aborted every day with no protests or signs of outrage emanating from the Congressional Black Caucus, the NAACP or the nation's black churches and communities. If abortions continues at the present rate, by the end of the century there won't be many black Americans left in the nation.
Since its founding, abortion has become an American multi-billion dollar industry run by white doctors and nurses in or near black neighborhoods. Some estimates claim that these doctors gross up to $60,000 a week. The abortion industry has become a source of new millionaires for America's white population and, at the same time, a scourge to the black American race. It tears the guts out of black families and communities.
It is partly why black America and its families are in such crisis; why black communities are not working; why black families and churches are not working, part of the reason why the black entertainment industry is encouraging vulgarity, thuggery, and the peddling of crude, course, evil, drug soaked hip-hop-rap which today passes for music. Its message is clear, human life is unimportant.
More than any other person, the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is responsible for much of the moral decay and destruction that we Americans face, especially black Americans. So if in future years, our children and grandchildren are forced to grapple with the insidious problems we have left them to solve, they may continue to conclude that perhaps abortion is not such a bad choice after all.
(Source: Written by Maj. Gen. Jerry R. Curry) To read the entire article, please go here.
Take Action Now on this Pro-Life Bill!
Urge Your Senators to Support
The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
The U.S. Senate has scheduled a procedural vote for Tuesday on a bill that would end most abortions after 20 weeks.
H.R. 36, The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, has already passed the House. Among other things, it requires an abortionist to determine the gestational age of the pre-born baby. It restricts most abortions after 20-weeks, with limited exceptions. It also specifies that any baby born alive in the process of an abortion should be given the same care as a baby born prematurely.
If successful, Tuesday's vote would clear the way for an up-or-down vote by the Senate. It needs the support of 60 senators to get past this hurdle.
The legislation is strongly opposed by Democrats. President Obama has threatened to veto it should it ever pass. But it is an opportunity to put the senators on record on the life issue.
Please let your two senators know that you support H.R. 36 and that you want them to support it with their vote. It's important for them to hear from you, even if you know they are on the other side of this issue.
> > > Take action by going here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
The week of Sunday, Sept. 20 - Saturday, Sept. 26
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
THE HOLY CITY
"I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of Heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." (Revelation 21:2)
Last night I lay a sleeping, There came a dream so fair, I stood in old Jerusalem Beside the temple there. I heard the children singing, And ever as they sang, Methought the voice of angels From Heav'n in answer rang; Methought the voice of angels From Heav'n in answer rang:- "Jerusalem! Jerusalem! Lift up your gates and sing, Hosanna in the highest Hosanna to your King!"
And then methought my dream was chang'd, The streets no longer rang, Hush'd were the glad hosannas The little children sang. The sun grew dark with mystery, The morn was cold and chill, As the shadow of a cross arose Upon a lonely hill, As the shadow of a cross arose Upon a lonely hill. "Jerusalem! Jerusalem! Hark! how the angels sing, Hosanna in the highest, Hosanna to your King."
And once again the scene was chang'd, New earth there seem'd to be, I saw the Holy City Beside the tideless sea; The light of God was on its streets, The gates were open wide, And all who would might enter, And no one was denied. No need of moon or stars by night, Or sun to shine by day, It was the new Jerusalem, That would not pass away, It was the new Jerusalem, That would not pass away.
"Jerusalem! Jerusalem! Sing, for the night is o'er! Hosanna in the highest, Hosanna for evermore! Hosanna in the highest, Hosanna for evermore!"
Please go here to hear this amazing hymn sung to a huge crowd in Sydney, Australia by David Hobson.
About the Author:
Words: Frederick E. Weatherly, 1892.
Signs and Wonders
INCREDIBLE NEW PHOTOS OF PLUTO
NASA is still downloading images from the Pluto flyby two months ago. Some of the new arrivals, like this one received on Sept. 13th, are causing researchers to question what they thought they knew about the distant dwarf planet. Pluto's rugged, icy mountains tower over a vast frozen plain extending to the horizon. The backlighting highlights more than a dozen layers of haze in Pluto's tenuous but distended atmosphere.
(SpaceWeather.com) To see more, go here.
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
This Campaign Ad Salutes 'the Transformative Love of Jesus Christ'
In a political landscape where politicians are told to avoid the possibility of "offending" people by mentioning God-and especially Jesus Christ-a new campaign ad is speaking about the healing power of the gospel to restore hearts, lives and homes.
Sen. Ted Cruz has run the new ad in movie theaters in early primary states that are showing the Christian film War Room.
The spot, called "Blessing," discusses a story he shares frequently on the campaign trail of his father, Raphael Cruz, who is now a pastor and evangelist. Early in his parents' marriage, Raphael was an alcoholic who abandoned his family and moved to another state. That's where he encountered the gospel and returned home to his family, like the Prodigal Father.
"Were it not for the transformative love of Jesus Christ, I would have been raised by a single mom without my father in the household," Cruz says in the ad.
"God's blessing has been on America from the very beginning of this nation," the Texas senator says as the screen shows a young boy saying grace. "Over and over again, when we faced impossible odds, the American people rose to the challenge."
"This is our fight, and that is why I'm running for president of the United States." (Charisma News) Read more here.
Watch the video here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
He's Always Been Faithful
It's good to remember we serve a faithful God, especially during difficult economic times. He is a faithful God and will remain so.
" Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." (Lamentations 3:22-24)
Worship Him by going here. Amen . . .
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.