Ten Days of Awe:
Conference Call Until Sept. 23
9-10 am Eastern
For more details, please go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, September 14, 2015
L'Shana Tova! 5776!
"All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you,
they sing the praises of your name." (Psalm 66:4)
"Praise Him with the sound of the shofar." (Psalm 150:3)
Abide in Me . . .
Abide in Me . . .
Day Seven: Monday, Sept. 14, 2015
God's peace is eternal. It is able to carry you through the entirety of this life and into the next. It won't diminish with time or erode as the years pass. Instead, it will grow even stronger as you give Christ a bigger and bigger place in your life. Amen.
"May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way,." (2 Thessalonians 3:16)
Join us every night through Tuesday, Sept. 29th, as we abide together in His presence . . .
Conference number: 605-562-3140
Access Code: 596015#
Time: 9:00 p.m. EDT/8:00 p.m. CDT/7:00 p.m. MDT/ 6:00 p.m. PDT
We welcome you all to come and join us in these very special times of worship, fellowship and fresh anointing as we continue our 21-day vigil to Abide in His Glory. Amen!
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Powerful militant group in Gaza allegedly pledges allegiance to ISIS - Jerusalem Post
The Gaza-based militant group Jaish al-Islam [Army of Islam] has pledged formal allegiance to ISIS, according to a communiqué attributed to the group that was circulated on the Internet on Wednesday.
The communiqué in the name of Jaish al-Islam has been circulating through the Jihadi Twittersphere and Facebook, with the statement: "We, the soldiers of Jaish al-Islam in the Gaza Strip and our leader Mumtaz Dughmush, may Allah preserve him, we consider our selves to be an integral part of Wilayat Sinai [ISIS in the Sinai Peninsula] . . . we pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi al-Qurayshi, the Caliph to all Muslims in the House of Islam and each place where Muslims reside." (Read More)
2. Beirut Conference Calls for Escalating Struggle Against Israel - Israel National News
Representatives from a number of Palestinian terrorist organizations met in Beirut in order to work out a joint strategy to continue fighting Israel. The groups included Hamas, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), Fatah, the Palestinian Liberation Front (PLF) and the Revolutionary Palestinian Communist Party
The meeting focused on fighting Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria, the "Judaization" of Jerusalem, and plans that would permit Jewish prayer on the Temple Mount.
The representatives condemned Israeli "terror attacks" in Jerusalem and Judea-Samaria, particularly the recurring "invasions" of Jews onto the Temple Mount (which they claim is an attempt to make Jerusalem solely Jewish) and the arson attack in the village of Duma. (Read more)
3. Muslim mosque 'sentinels' make Israel anxious - Yahoo News
Jerusalem (AFP) - Umm Hassan, 60, goes most days to Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa mosque compound to protect it against "sacrilege" by Jewish visitors but soon she and other protesters will themselves be barred.
The black-robed woman in a headscarf is one of the Murabitat, or sentinels, who say they come on their own initiative to the Islamic holy place in Jerusalem's walled Old City.
The Murabitat and a men's group called Murabitun closely monitor Jews who are allowed, under police guard, to visit on five days of the week and shower them with loud abuse and religious oaths. (Read more)
4. Israel Police: We won't tolerate security threats on Temple Mount - Times of Israel
The commander of the Israel Police said Sunday that the force would not tolerate any efforts to harm human life, in particular on the Temple Mount, a flashpoint site holy to Jews and Muslims that had seen clashes earlier in the day. He was speaking after police discovered pipe bombs during what they said was a preemptive operation at the Mount as Israel geared up to celebrate the Jewish new year.
"Israel Police will not allow any harm to public security or the sovereignty of the state in general, and at its capital or the Temple Mount in particular," said interim police chief Bentzi Sau in a statement published on Facebook. (Read more)
5. Report: Netanyahu May Form Israeli 'Republican' Party - Israel National News
Senior journalist Yossi Verter reported on Friday in the leftist paper Haaretz that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is considering forming a politically right-centrist bloc of parties to run on a joint list in the next elections.
In recent weeks in meetings with the heads of parties in his coalition government, Netanyahu has raised the possibility of forming a "Republican party" conservative bloc based on the American two-party model, according to Verter.
Netanyahu reportedly said in the talks that "only in this way will it be possible to rule. Like in America: two parties, two blocs, right and left." (Read more)
6. Putin touts Jewish values in Rosh Hashanah message - Times of Israel
Russian President Vladimir Putin dwelt on the Jewish tradition of seeking coexistence and peace among nations, in his annual Rosh Hashanah message to the Jews of Russia.
The message, sent as an official letter from the Kremlin, was delivered to Russia's Chief Rabbi Berel Lazar, who provided a Hebrew-language translation on Sunday.
"For every Jew, Rosh Hashanah is not just a salute to the priceless spiritual and historical heritage of their fathers," Putin wrote. "During these days it is customary for each person to evaluate the moral outcome of his actions, to plan good deeds, to forgive, and to make amends for insults. And of course, in preparation for the festival, they help relatives, and serve and support anyone in need."
The letter was also published in the official Russian press. (Read more)
- Father, to quote former President Ronald Reagan, once again with all things Russian, we "trust but verify." We ask Your grace to be upon the people of Israel as they receive this greeting for their New Year. Let them not be deceived, we ask in the name of Jesus Christ, amen and amen.
- "Let no man deceive you with vain words." (Eph. 5:6)
7. Watch: Netanyahu's Rosh Hashanah Greeting - Jerusalem Online
In a video delivered right before Rosh Hashanah, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stressed that it is obvious to all except for the most bigoted individuals that Israel stands out like a beacon of "democracy and human rights in a region plagued by fanaticism and terror, by unbelievable savagery." (Read more)
- Abba, we ask that You bless Prime Minister Netanyahu. We know the weight he bears is hard, and we pray that he gives the burdens to You, Lord. We ask that You give him wisdom and discernment over the interests of Israel. We ask that You reveal Yourself to him more and more each day. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem, Abba. It is Your holy city, from where Yeshua will reign for eternity. Hallelujah, we pray in the name of Yeshua, amen.
The Daily Brief
1. Russian build-up in Syria part of secret deal with Iran's Quds Force leader - Fox News
As the Pentagon warily eyes a Russian military build-up in Syria, Western intelligence sources tell Fox News that the escalated Russian presence began just days after a secret Moscow meeting in late July between Iran's Quds Force commander -- their chief exporter of terror -- and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Fox News has learned Quds head Qassem Soleimani and Putin discussed such a joint military plan for Syria at that meeting, an encounter first reported by Fox News in early August.
"The Russians are no longer advising, but co-leading the war in Syria," one intelligence official said. The Quds Force is the international arm of Iran's Revolutionary Guard, involved in exporting terrorism to Iran's proxies throughout the Middle East including Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we come before You alone seeking how to pray as we witness the military in Iran and Russia joining forces inside Syria. We can sense that an extremely dangerous war is arising. Help us, Lord Jesus, directing both our lives and prayer as this danger continues to unfold. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble; may the name of the God of Jacob defend you; may He send you help from the sanctuary, and strengthen you out of Zion. Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand." (Psalm 20:1,2 & 6 NKJV)
2. Congressmen condemn Obama silence on Christian 'genocide' - WND
President Obama has essentially remained mute on Christian genocide in the Middle East, so a bipartisan group of lawmakers has introduced a resolution to fill the leadership void.
"Last year, the world watched in horror as ISIS initiated a political and religious insurrection in the name of establishing a caliphate across Iraq and Syria," said California Democrat Juan Vargas on Friday, the Washington Examiner reported. "We must not mince words, today a genocide is being committed against Christians and other religious minorities in their historic homelands throughout the greater Middle East. These crimes against humanity must be properly acknowledged in order for the global community to appropriately respond to these infringements on religious freedom."
The resolution was introduced Thursday by Democratic Rep. Anna Eshoo of California along with Republican Jeff Fortenberry of Nebraska. "I think that unless we call this and name this what it is, that we will be judged poorly and so it's with sadness that I say that we have legislation to call this a genocide," said Eshoo, CNS News reported.
"Christians are in trouble throughout the Middle East and northern Africa - I hope this administration dials up concern for Christians . . . I don't know what the administration thought, that things couldn't get worse or whatever," said Texas Republican Ted Poe, the Examiner reported. "Does this administration care? This is genocide," said former Republican Rep. Frank Wolf of Virginia, the newspaper reported. Wolf noted February's beheading of 21 Coptic Christians in Libya; those killed were only referred to by the White House as "21 Egyptians." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we lift up praise for this bipartisan action to raise up a congressional resolution to label before the global community the genocide of Christians that continues to flourish, unimpeded, in the Middle East. Father, may this provoke a genuine and practical global outcry against what is happening to Christians in these nations. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
"Thus says the Lord to you: 'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's...You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem! Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.'" (2 Chronicles 20:15b & 17 NKJV)
3. '1 in 7' Syrian refugees has 'sympathies toward ISIS' - WND
A leading terrorism expert says 9/11-style attacks are less likely today, but smaller plots are far more likely - and that makes diligent screening of refugees or any other immigrant vital for the strength of U.S. national security.
As the nation marks 14 years since the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center, Pentagon and in Pennsylvania and three years since the deadly assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, the likelihood of another grand assault on America's homeland is far more remote.
But Mauro cautioned that the diminished threat of a major attack doesn't not mean Americans are safer. "We are less safe, I think, from what's sometimes falsely called a 'lone-wolf' attack," he said. "I say falsely because they are usually working and communicating with somebody. Those smaller attacks are a reason for why we are less safe because of developments overseas, because of the appeal of ISIS, because of the trends that we're seeing overseas and here in the U.S., where there are an increasing number of terror arrests and terror plots."
In fact, Mauro said the U.S. appears to be losing ground in the battle to stop the spread of radicalization. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray that this warning about the true identity of these Syrian 'refugees' is clearly heard and that appropriate responses be raised within our government. We pray that our national security is not further breached beyond what has already occurred. Mercy, Father, we cry as we acknowledge in repentance our personal and national sins, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4 NKJV)
4. Mecca Crane Disaster Kills 100+ Muslims - Who Owned The Crane Is Turning Heads - Western Journalism
The significance of the date was impossible for some to ignore. As Americans observed the anniversary of two terror attacks committed by Islamic extremists, the holiest Muslim site in the world was rocked by a deadly incident Friday. More than 100 individuals were killed and more than 200 were injured when a giant crane crashed into Saudi Arabia's Grand Mosque of Mecca.
The death toll was likely increased due to the timing of the crash. Reports indicate the crane fell just prior to Friday evening prayer, which is among the week's most attended services.
According to reports, the incident occurred during a heavy storm. The crane apparently collapsed after being struck by lightning.
While a few described the incident as payback for the 9/11 attacks, they were largely answered by those offering prayers and compassion for victims and their families. Another notable detail involves the crane's ownership. Though it and others at the site belong to a German company, they are being used by the Bin Laden family for an extensive remodel and expansion of the Islamic holy site. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we know that September 11th is a significant date for Islam so it is quite strange that this horrific accident occurred on that date, killing and injuring so many who were in Mecca for the Hajj. It is also a strange coincidence that this also happened in Saudi Arabia and was a crane owned by the Bin Laden family, a nation and family involved with the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center in New York City. We pray Father that this accident be used by You to bring in more Moslems from their darkness into Your glorious light. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "It is God who avenges me, and subdues the peoples under me; He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man." (Psalm 18:47-48 NKJV)
5. The plan to bulldoze churches - in Houston - WND
Liberty Institute on Aug. 4 filed a lawsuit on behalf of the churches - explaining for the governmental agency to take the properties would be to violate the Texas Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
The Institute said the Housing Authority rescinded its threat to Christian Fellowship Church after a recent hearing. Officials with Liberty Institute say the Houston Housing Authority has backed off a threat to bulldoze one historic church - but a second remains in the bull's-eye for the loss of its property.
That The legal team that fights for religious rights has confirmed that Christian Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church apparently has been spared the city's condemnation process, but officials still are intent "on using eminent domain to seize the property of a neighboring church - the Latter Day Deliverance Revival Church."
Pastors Roy Lee Kossie of the Latter Day Center and Quinton Smith of the Christian Fellowship Church both had refused to sell out their properties. They had been approached numerous times by developers who wanted to take financial advantage of the aggressive urban redevelopment that the city has engaged in in the neighborhood. They refused.
Then the Houston Housing Authority stepped in, threatening to use its powers of eminent domain to bulldoze the one church and take property from the second. But the battle continues for Latter Day Church, Liberty said. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we rejoice that Christian Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church apparently has been spared the city's condemnation process. However we grieve that another key church that has done so much for this community is still having to battle against seizure of their property by eminent domain by the city of Houston for what is obviously a 'greed driven purpose'. We ask You, Father, to rise up and protect Your people here along with their church, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." (2 Chronicles 16:9 NKJV)
6. Giuliani on 9/11 Anniversary: This War Is Not Over - CNS News
As the nation marked the 14th anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania, Giuliani reflected on what he called the "worst day" of his life and the "worst day in the life of the history of the city, and maybe the greatest day, because of all the heroism and terrific acts of kindness and the unbelievable things people did to save each other."
He said an hour after the 9/11 attacks began, he was told by the White House that more attacks were coming and there were specifically seven planes that were still unaccounted for.
The Islamic terrorist threat to America is greater today than it was before September 11," he said. "September 10, the world was one way and by September 11, we're in a new world, and the unfortunate part of it is we're still in it. We're still in that war," Giuliani said. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, may our national leaders hear clearly what the former mayor of New York City is saying: Islam is still an extremely serious threat to both the US and the EU. Father, we ask that You visit our leaders in the night hours with the realities of what will occur if they persist with bringing thousands of Islamic refugees into our nation. We are asking for 'Mercy, Mercy Father ' in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel - that will stand." (Proverbs 19:21 NKJV)
7. This Isn't The Way to Honor the Victims of Islamist Terrorism - Breitbart
Why - on the anniversary of 9-11 - are we debating how many Muslim refugees we will invite into our heartland? Isn't this a little strange, like a dark Hollywood comedy?
When President Obama and John Kerry suggest taking 10,000 Syrian refugees in 2016, 90 percent of them Muslim and many of them jihadist sympathizers- really, it's not that hard. Not today. Not ever. Just say no.
Why is there even a debate on the matter? Is it really such a novel idea that refugees from a Middle East civil war should be resettled in the Middle East, not Europe and America?
And there is another fundamental question our politicians are not asking. Let's ask if it meets a test never applied by President Obama but occasionally enters the conversation among patriots and some Republicans: Is it in America's best interests - from both the economic and national security standpoint?
The Republican majority in Congress couldn't find a way to stop the Iran nuclear deal after discarding the constitutional requirement for a two-thirds Senate vote on treaties. If they can't say no to 10,000 jihadist-infiltrated refugees, they should just resign, close up shop and go home. If Congress rolls over on this one, let's stop pretending we have a representative form of government.
This Syrian refugee issue is really a no-brainer. It doesn't take brains, it takes a spine. (Read more)
- Abba Father, this article says it quite well. We are coming before You and asking for people elected to protect our nation to have the 'spine' to stand up and speak forth what needs to be said: these refugees need to be resettled within the Middle East, where they will fit in quite nicely. Help us, please, we pray, In the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Your hand will find all Your enemies; Your right hand will find those who hate You. Their offspring You shall destroy from the earth, and their descendants from among the sons of men. For they intended evil against You; they devised a plot which they are not able to perform. Be exalted in Your own strength! We will sing and praise Your power." (Psalm 21:8,10, 11 and 13 NKJV)
8. Suburban St. Louis Feels Ground Burning Beneath Its Feet, Worries Missouri Nuclear Waste Dump Ready to Explode - PJ Media
Suburban St. Louis residents say it is time for President Obama to take responsibility for a nuclear waste mess left in their neighborhoods by the federal government before it's too late and the whole thing burns, or worse.
They are clamoring for the EPA to stop studying a 200-degree Fahrenheit underground landfill fire that could be moving dangerously close to 50,000 tons of highly radiotoxic, uncontained nuclear waste from the World War II Manhattan Project in St. Louis County, Mo.
The time for study, they say, is over. They want action. Chris Nagel, the director of the state's Department of Natural Resources Solid Waste Management Program, released a study Aug. 10 that showed the inferno is burning hotter, sucking up more oxygen, and moving dangerously close to the nuclear waste.
To make matters even worse, the report shows that material from another landfill seems to be sinking into the patch of the "subsurface smoldering," as Nagel's team described it. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this is truly scary where dangerous nuclear waste is being threatened by the heat and approach of a 'solid waste landfill Inferno'. We are asking that You cause men rise up and challenge the EPA and our national government to acknowledge how dangerous this is to all people. Lord God, nuclear radiation is deadly and does not dissipate but instead continues damaging and destroying human lives for many, many years. Mercy, Father, Mercy!! We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
"Be not far from Me, for trouble is near; for there is none to help." (Psalm 22:11 NKJV)
9. Republicans Continue to Push Against Iran Nuclear Deal Despite Setbacks - Haaretz
Things didn't go as planned for Republicans attempting to block the nuclear agreement with Iran, but the deal's opponents aren't going away quietly. The House shot down a resolution approving of the agreement Friday, and even though the congressional review period technically ends next week, the debate is likely to continue.
The House voted, 269-162, against a resolution of approval, showing that though President Obama had enough Democratic support to see the agreement survive Congress, there is still a strong majority against it. No Republicans voted for the agreement and 25 Democrats voted against it.
In the House, Friday's vote represented a departure from the original strategy, which had been to pass a resolution of disapproval similar to the Senate's. Instead, they held three votes: The first, which passed along party lines, was a resolution stating that Obama had not acted within the law when he failed to send the entirety of the agreement to Congress - an argument based on separate "side deals" between Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency.
The second was the vote on the resolution of approval, which failed. The third was a vote blocking Obama from lifting any Iranian sanctions, which passed with only two Democrats in support.
The switch from disapproval to approval came for two reasons: First, since Republicans felt Obama had violated the law that set up the congressional review, they did not want to vote for disapproval under that law. Second, they viewed forcing Democrats to affirmatively vote in support of the agreement, which 162 of them did, as tougher politically than simply voting against a resolution of disapproval. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that this issue is not going to die without a fight. We ask Your strength, courage, tenacity and boldness for the Republican leadership on both sides of the Hill as they seek Your wisdom to stop this disastrous deal from being approved. We thank You in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
10. US 'disrupted' plot to harm Pope Francis - The Telegraph UK
The United States has broken up a threat against Pope Francis, who will visit Washington and other US cities this month, it emerged on Sunday. No details of the threat were given.
US authorities are concerned about the visit because the Pope likes to get out among the huge crowds that gather to see him, said Michael McCaul, chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security.
"He's a very compassionate man. He likes to get out with the people," McCaul said on ABC's "This Week" talk show. (Read more)
- Lord God, we have been told by inside sources that just last week, the Pope's security team canceled his trip to St. Augustine, in celebration of its founding, due to security issues. Lord God, if it is in Your will that this move occur again here in Washington, D.C; then we ask that this be done, according to Your will. Cancel this trip, O Lord, we pray, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
- "You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28 NKJV)
Urgent Prayer for NOCAL Fire
Prayer Alert: State of Emergency in California
as Valley Fire Explodes over Weekend
"Scariest thing I've ever been through-just 10 minutes to pack up and leave."
(Northern California)-[CBN News] Authorities in northern California say fast-moving wildfires are responsible for the death of one person over the weekend.
The raging wildfires have destroyed 400 homes and around 1,000 other structures, sending hundreds of residents running for their lives.
The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection confirmed one fatality in the wildfire north of San Francisco that raced through dry brush and exploded in size within hours.
"Scariest thing I've ever been through; just 10 minutes to pack up and leave," survivor Kimberly Harper said. "The smoke was rolling across the plains. It was flipping along, was literally rolling smoke like you see right here," evacuee Joyce Reem recalled.
Several hundred firefighters have been battling the flames. Four of them were rushed to the hospital with serious injuries.
The fires are also creating a huge problem for ranchers who are losing millions of dollars worth of grazing land and cattle.
Mark Ghilarducci, director of the Governor's Office of Emergency Services, said this summer's fires are the most volatile he has seen in 30 years of emergency response work.
The main cause behind the fast-spreading fires is extremely dry conditions from the drought.
"The bushes, the trees have absolutely no moisture in them, and the (humidity levels) are so low that we are seeing these 'fire starts' just erupt into conflagrations," Ghilarducci said.
(Read more and view photos here.)
- Father God, we join hearts and hands today in prayer for the many needs surrounding this huge conflagration. For those who mourn, we ask Your peace. For those who have been injured, we ask Your healing touch. For those who have lost homes and businesses, we thank You for meeting their needs now and in the days ahead. For those who are fighting these fires, we ask Your strength. For the fires themselves, Lord, send rain to quench the flames. And for the pastors and others who are ministering today for the suffering, we ask Your grace to be with them and upon them. We ask all these things in Your migthy Name, for we know that You are well able to answer our prayers. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
- "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:19)
The Daily Jot
Monday, September 14, 2015
A prophetic time of the year
If you are following prophecy, you have heard a lot of predictions prophesied for this time period during September. Many of them are false, some of them have meaning, but one thing for certain this is a very prophetic time of the year--not for the reasons of man's often extra-biblical, emotional and self-indulgent proclamations, but because of what God has established that points to the Day of the Lord, the return of Jesus Christ, the deliverance of Israel, and the establishment of the Millennial Kingdom (Messiah's 1,000 year reign). These are times of great promise because the fall feasts are those yet to be fulfilled by the coming of the Lord. Literally, we are in the Days of Awe.
Elul is the last month of the Jewish calendar, which this year began at sundown August 14th. This traditionally marks the 40 day "Season of Teshuvah (repentance)," culminating on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement (29 days of Elul, and 10 days of the next month called Tishri). Elul is set aside to prepare for Yamim Nora'im, called the "Days of Awe"--the ten days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, which ends on Tishri 10 and are called The High Holidays. This is a time of turning toward God, and is also called Yemei Ratzon or "Days of Favor." This time frame is also referred to as the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashana/Yom Teruah), Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), and Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot).
Rosh Hashanah, literally meaning "Head of the year," is regarded by traditional Judaism as the date of creation. According to tradition in the Midrash, when Adam first opened his eyes, he recognized the Lord as Creator, and said "the Lord is King forever and ever." Rosh Hashanah begins Sept 13th at sundown this year, and is the first day of the Jewish civil New Year. The blowing of the shofar (trumpet) signifies repentance, awakening the soul, and the coronation of the King (the coming of the Messiah at the end of days). During Rosh Hashanah the righteous are written in the Book of Life, the wicked in the Book of Death, and the rest have ten days--the "Days of Awe" (until Yom Kippur)--to repent before their fate is sealed for the year.
There are references to the last trump throughout the Bible.1 Corinthians 15:51-52 says, "Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says, "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout...with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." The fall festivals are a foreshadow of what is to come in the end of days. Hence, this is a very prophetic season.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Joel Rosenberg: We can still stop "the deal"
It's not too late for the Senate to stop the President's dangerous Iran deal from becoming U.S. law. Here's how to follow the Constitution.
UPDATED: It's late, but not too late, for the Senate to stop President Obama's dangerous Iran deal from becoming U.S. law and putting the American people and our Arab and Israeli allies in grave danger jeopardy from an Iranian nuclear weapons program.
We need to urge the Senate leadership immediately to
1.Declare that the President has not fulfilled the terms of Corker-Cardin.
2.Declare the President's Iran deal a foreign treaty, as per the Constitution.
3.Hold a vote immediately on the treaty.
4.When the treaty fails to gain 67 votes, declare it null and void.
Please read this column - and the attached column by National Review's Andrew McCarthy - and send them to your Members of Congress, particularly to your Senators.
Please also send them to each of the Presidential candidates. We need them to read these analyses, absorb them, and act decisively to block implementation of the Iran deal.
. . . It is late, but it is not yet too late. The Senate can still do the right thing by following the Constitution, blocking implementation of this dangerous Iran deal.
That said, let's be clear: Blocking the Iran deal in the Senate is just the first step. We will still need a wise, experienced, tough new President to implement a bold new policy towards Iran - more sanctions, stronger and more principled diplomacy, significantly increased military spending, and a clear determination to neutralize the Iran nuclear threat no matter what it takes, even if this means military strikes.
But blocking the Iran deal in the Senate is the next step. It's the right step. It's a doable step. And the time is now.
> > > To read this entire article, please go here.
> > > Pray Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Will Use This Strategy Today to Defeat Iran Agreement
- "In my distress I called to the LORD; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears." (2 Samuel 22:7)
Senate to Vote Again on "the Deal" TOMORROW
Senate to Vote Again on "the Deal" TOMORROW
House to vote on Thursday
We now know that GOP leaders in Congress co-conspired with Obama to allow a minority of Democrats to green light the Iran deal, instead of requiring the constitutionally mandated two-thirds majority to pass a treaty.
As I noted on Friday, this is a BETRAYAL of epic proportions.
But despite what you are hearing, the battle is not over yet. There is still time for McConnell and the others to grow a spine.
Here's what you need to know RIGHT NOW. . .
Tomorrow (Tuesday) at 6PM the Senate will once again hold a "cloture" vote on Obama-Iran. The pressure Senators feel and the outcome of this vote will determine how much fight Congressional Republicans have to stop the Obama-Iran deal.
Congress has until Thursday to disapprove the Obama-Iran deal or declare clearly that Obama has violated the terms of the "Corker Catastrophe" and thus has no legal authority to finalize any treaty with Iran.
That means your voice is still vitally important.
Here's what you can do TODAY:
Note: Grassfire is making a fax available to reach your two senators, but there is a fee for this service. Please contact them here if you wish to send over a fax.
'Strange signs' on Shemitah's final days
One occurred at Ground Zero, another in Mecca
The final day of the Shemitah year begins at sundown Sunday, and it has been ushered in with two "strange signs" in the heavens witnessed at two different locations.
But Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, who brought the Shemitah to light, is warning Christians to stand firm and not to be fooled -- what may look like a good sign is not good at all! (WorldNetDaily) Read more here.
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Week of Sunday, Sept. 13 - Saturday, Sept. 19
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
MARCHING TO ZION
"Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion." (Jeremiah 31:6)
Come, we that love the Lord, And let our joys be known; Join in a song with sweet accord, Join in a song with sweet accord And thus surround the throne, And thus surround the throne.
We're marching to Zion, Beautiful, beautiful Zion; We're marching upward to Zion, The beautiful city of God.
The hill of Zion yields . . . A thousand sacred sweets Before we reach the heav'nly fields, Before we reach the heav'nly fields, Or walk the golden streets, Or walk the golden streets.
Then let our songs abound, And every tear be dry; We're marching through Immanuel's ground, We're marching through Immanuel's ground, To fairer worlds on high, To fairer worlds on high.
[To read all lyrics, go here.]
Please go here and enjoy hearing Andy Griffith singing about marching to Zion!!
(Followed by "O When the Saints Go Marching In!"
About the Author:
Words: Isaac Watts, 1707
Music: Robert Lowry, 1867
Signs and Wonders
Mount Aso Spews Ash 6,000 Feet Into Air in Japan
Mount Aso in southern Japan has erupted, sending plumes of smoke into the sky, according to the Japan Meteorological Association.
Video from public broadcaster NHK-TV showed people milling about on a road as the volcano spewed grey and black ash clouds into the sky.
The eruption sent ash clouds as high as 6,500 feet into the air, the Associated Press reported.
There are no homes in the area, the AP said, and there are no reports of injuries associated with the eruption. (Read more)
Rare Blue Lava volcano in Indonesia
This volcano in Kawah Ijen has some spectacular blue lava by night, but shows red during the day. It is the sulphur inside the volcano that causes the change in color.
At first glance you might think the otherworldly light in these pictures comes from a nebula or another planet deep in outer space.
In fact it is made by burning sulphur which pours from the side of the Kawah Ijen volcano on planet Earth, which is part of the Ijen volcano complex in East Java, Indonesia.
Miners have run ceramic pipes from vents in the side of the mountain to collection points inside a large crater where the molten chemical is left to cool before being broken up and carried away. (Daily Mail UK) Read more
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea." (Luke 21:25)
The Good News Corner
Kim Davis Case Calls for All States to Make Religious Accommodations, Says American Family Association
(TUPELO, MS)-Kim Davis was a free woman again yesterday, after spending nearly a week in a Kentucky jail for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses as part of her post as a Kentucky county clerk. Her story has opened a religious liberties debate across the country, and American Family Association (AFA, www.afa.net) released the following statement today, adding that the main consideration is a religious accommodation for Christians like Davis in all states.
(Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Avinu Malkeinu (Our Father ' Our King)
We thought this video of Barbara Streisand singing Avinu Mlkeinu, "Our Father our King," on Rosh HaShana would bless you greatly.
May the Lord bless you. We send our warmest wishes for a Shana Tova, a good New Year.
The Editorial Team at CHPP
Please enjoy by going here.
Two Daily Conference Calls
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners encourages you to participate, any day of the week, on these calls which are each ongoing, day and night! To learn more about how you can join these calls, please go here.
ABOUT CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
To learn more about our ministry, and to sign up to begin receiving our daily alerts, please go here.