National Day of Repentance
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
"Let the heavens declare His righteousness, For God Himself is Judge."
" . . . but deliver us from evil . . ." (Matthew 6:13)
" . . . For the battle is the Lord's . . ." (1 Samuel 17:47)
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Zeph. 3:17)
The Daily Brief
1. UN says 1.4 million people victimized by Nepal earthquake need food assistance - Fox News
More than 1.4 million people affected by Saturday's devastating earthquake in Nepal are in need of food assistance, a United Nations spokesman said Monday.
Citing Nepalese government figures, U.N. spokesman Farhan Haq said an estimated 8 million people had been affected by the magnitude-7.8 quake in 39 of Nepal's districts. He added that the United Nations was releasing $15 million from its central emergency response fund for quake victims. The funds will allow international humanitarian groups to scale up operations and provide shelter, water, medical supplies and logistical services.
Trucks carrying food were on their way to affected districts outside the hard-hit and densely-populated Kathmandu valley, and distribution of the food was expected to start Tuesday. (Read more)
- Father God, the needs in this nation are now so massive; only You can begin to help this nation survive. We turn to You, asking for amazing grace for these "lost souls." In the midst of their suffering, may each one find the way to the Light of Your Truth . . . and the way of hope. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
2. Riots erupt across West Baltimore, downtown - Baltimore Sun
Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake declared a curfew across the city starting Tuesday and for the next week, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for adults and 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for children aged 14 and younger. She drew a distinction between peaceful protesters and "thugs" she said engaged in rioting Monday intend on "destroying our city." (Read More)
> > > See also: "Baltimore mayor apologizes to rioters for using T-word ["thugs"]" Read here.
- Abba Father, we stand in the gap and we repent for all the violence and destruction of property that these "thugs" have perpetrated on the city of Baltimore. Lord, we ask that You would release Your peace and sanity into this situation. May the parents of these high school "thugs" stand firm and corral them. We ask that the rioting would come to an end. Lord, we ask that the Mayor be up front with the citizens of Baltimore about what is going to happen on Friday . . . the release of the findings being turned over to a Grand Jury, an investigation by the Grand Jury before any arrests are made, and that this could take time. We ask for all hidden things to be revealed regarding the death of Freddie Gray. In Jesus' Name we pray, Amen.
- "My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; My savior, You save me from violence." (2 Samuel 22:3)
3. Gray Family Attorney on Rioters: 'What They Are Doing Is Wrong and We Need to Stop Them' - CNSNews.com
Billy Murphy, the attorney for Freddie Gray's family, said the violence in Baltimore was started by teenagers -- "kids who are disconnected from the overall group of people in Baltimore who are productive in society. These kids have had bad experiences in school," Murphy told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Monday afternoon as the rioting gained momentum.
"They are frequently harassed by the police. They are unemployed because there's no summer jobs. And so this is what you would expect in a tense time like this," Murphy continued. (Read more)
- Lord God, again we ask for peace to descend upon the city of Baltimore, Maryland today. May the Word that was just read across our nation for 30 hours cause the shalom of the peace of God to rest upon us, so that calm will return and, in Your time, answers and solutions to these complex problems will emerge. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him." (Proverbs 30:5)
4. Justices torn on gay marriage - The Hill
The Supreme Court appeared sharply divided Tuesday over whether to legalize gay marriage in the United States, as the justices wrestled with questions of discrimination and tradition in the most closely watched arguments of the term.
As expected, the blockbuster case fractured the high court, with liberals on the bench voicing support for gay marriage and conservatives opposing it.
But the two justices seen as the most likely swing votes - Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Anthony Kennedy - asked tough questions to lawyers for both sides, leaving uncertainty about where they would ultimately land.
And even some members of the court's liberal wing questioned whether the matter should be left to voters - rather than the court - to decide.
Justice Stephen Breyer said heterosexual marriage has been the law for thousands of years. "Suddenly you want nine people outside the ballot box to require states that don't want to do it to change," he said. "Why can't these states wait and see if doing so in other states is harmful to marriage," he said.
Justice Anthony Kennedy, who is often the swing vote on the court, said he keeps coming back to the word "millennia" when thinking about how long marriage has been considered a union between a man and a woman. Though about a decade has passed since gay rights were first challenged in court, he questioned whether that's enough time for the states to engage in the debate. "I don't even know how to talk about the decimals when you talk about millennia," he said. "This definition has been with us for millenia. It's very difficult for the court to say, oh well we know better." (Read more)
- Father God, we understand that, according to the normal protocol of the Supreme Court, this issue has not now come to an end. Rather, today marks merely the beginning of a three-month process whereby the justices will debate among themselves how to judge these cases, and may well change their minds more than one time in this period. Lord God, we commit today to not let go of the burden of the Lord in "hovering over" the nine Supreme Court justices, bringing each one to You to know Your wisdom in each case, and to judge according to Your will. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in Jesus' name amen and amen.
- " . . . Indeed God speaks once, Or twice, yet no one notices it. In a dream, a vision of the night, When sound sleep falls on men, While they slumber in their beds, Then He opens the ears of men, And seals their instruction . . . " (Job 33:14-16)
4. Catholic Archbishop: SCOTUS Has 'No Business Redefining Marriage' - CNSNews.com
Archbishop William Lori of Baltimore, chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' Ad Hoc Committee on Religious Liberty, said that people should hope and pray "that the Supreme Court will recognize that they have no business redefining marriage" in the upcoming same sex "marriage" case, adding that if marriage is redefined "it raises enormous religious freedom issues."
He also explained that the Catholic Church's teaching on marriage as being between one man and one woman will never change because it is defined by God Himself in the Bible and that the Scripture "begins with marriage and ends with marriage," in reference to not only man and woman but also the relationship between Christ and His Church. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we thank You that the Roman Catholic Church has taken a righteous stance on marriage. From the beginning Father, You said that a man must leave his mother and father and take a wife and they shall become one flesh. Your covenant with Israel was that she was your bride. Today, the church is Your bride waiting to join You in heaven. Father, we repent for the church allowing this situation to come to fruition. Father, we humbly ask that You would illuminate each and every Supreme Court Justice with Your wisdom, knowledge and understanding. We humbly ask that You would not allow these men and women to commit a grievous sin by declaring homosexual unions as marriage. Abba Father have mercy on the USA and keep the USA from this abomination. In His Name we pray, Amen
- "For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." (Genesis 2:24)
6. 2nd state resisting militarization of cops - WND
A second state has joined a growing effort to curb the militarization of local police departments by the federal government.
WND reported last month New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie signed into law a bill that bans local law-enforcement agencies from obtaining nightscopes, military assault rifles, grenade launchers and 14-ton Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected vehicles through a federal program without local oversight.
Now, according to the Tenth Amendment Center, Montana's governor has signed into law a bill that "would heavily diminish the effect of federal programs that militarize local police." The bill, HB330, bans state or local law enforcement from receiving significant classes of military equipment from the Pentagon's "1033 Program." It was approved 46-1 in the state Senate and 79-20 in the House. Democrat Gov. Steve Bullock signed it. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we thank You that these two states have decided to control the militarization of their police departments. Lord our police need to be for keeping the local peace, the military for defending the country. We do not need a militarized police force. Thank You for making us aware of this push by the federal government to try to federalize and militarize our police force. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm." (Ephesians 6:13)
7. Finland fires warning shots at 'foreign submarine' near Helsinki - Telegraph
Incident comes amid growing military tensions with neighboring Russia, months after Sweden mounts unsuccessful hunt for suspected Russian submarine in its waters. The navy said it noticed an underwater target on Monday and again on Tuesday morning and fired some warning charges. (Read More)
- Abba Father, Putin is scouting the territory. In Putin's quest to rebuild the Russian empire, he is checking out his Nordic neighbors - Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland. We thank You that these countries are aware of what Putin is doing. Lord, we put a hedge around Putin that he cannot cause any aggression to his neighbors. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Therefore, behold, I will hedge up her way with thorns, And I will build a wall against her so that she cannot find her paths." (Hosea 2:6)
8. Iranian Navy fires at, boards commercial container ship, official says - Fox News
DEVELOPING: Iranian Navy vessels fired shots at and boarded a Marshall Islands-flagged commercial container ship in the Strait of Hormuz Tuesday, a senior defense official told Fox News.
The Maersk Tigris ship - originally heading to Jebel Ali in the United Arab Emirates, is now being escorted by the Iranian Navy into waters near Bandar Abbas, home of Iran's largest Navy base.
The USS Farragut, a guided missile destroyer, is making "best speed" en route to the area and has dispatched a helicopter to get a closer look, the official said. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray in the Spirit over this report, as important facts are unknown to us. We thank You, Omniscient One, that as we look to You for guidance, and for the protection of these hostages, You are well able to answer our prayers. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)
9. US Nuclear Negotiator Foresees 'Awful Amendments' to Iran Nuke Bill - CNSNews.com
Ahead of Senate consideration of a bill allowing Congress to review the Iran nuclear deal, the administration's top nuclear negotiator left the door open Monday for a presidential veto, pointing to what she called "pretty awful amendments" that could make their way into the legislation.
Addressing a Jewish audience, Undersecretary of State Wendy Sherman described the bill that was unanimously approved by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on April 14 as "a piece of legislation that gave the Congress a procedural way to look at this agreement without getting into the substance, per se" - something for which she said the administration was "very grateful."
When it comes to the Senate floor this week, however, "there will be a lot of pretty awful amendments, quite frankly, and we'll see where we end up," she added. (Read more)
- Lord God, we bring this critical matter before Your Throne of Grace, and we do thank You that, in our nation, we still have a system of checks and balances in place, so that each branch of government has the authority to "rein in" another should it be out of control. Lord God, this deal with Iran needs congressional oversight. We ask that You grant Your wisdom to the Senators who will review this plan, making any changes needed to secure our people from nuclear attack. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." (Psalm 32:8)
10. Kerry and Zarif Meet on Sidelines of U.N. Nuclear Summit - ForeignPolicy.com
Secretary of State John Kerry met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif yesterday at the residence of the Iranian ambassador to the United Nations. Their talks, which took place on the sidelines of a U.N. nonproliferation summit, come as the Obama Administration makes a new push to promote the nuclear negotiations with Iran and as Congress considers legislation to increase its role and impose conditions on a final deal. Kerry and Zarif did not take questions afterwards, but Kerry did stress the importance of a potential deal beforehand, saying that "the hard work is far from over and some key issues remain unresolved...if we can get there, the entire world will be safer." Top U.S. diplomats, including lead negotiator Wendy Sherman and Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz, met with journalists and other groups to explain the progress of negotiations.
Before meeting with Kerry, Zarif addressed the Non-Alignment Movement bloc of nations at the United Nations, calling for their support in urging Israel to sign the Non-Proliferation Treaty and establishing a nuclear-weapons-free zone in the Middle East. Israel is participating in the U.N. nuclear summit as an observer for the first time in two decades. Also during the summit, International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Yukiya Amano said that he was concerned about the IAEA's stalled investigation into the possible military dimensions of Iran's nuclear weapons program, but said that if an agreement is reached, he hopes "we would be able to accelerate the clarification." (Read more)
- Abba Father, dealing with the Iranians is like dealing in a cat and mouse game. The cat (Iran) says to the mouse (Israel) won't you sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty so that we can know what is in your arsenal and can defeat you. Abba, we stand in the gap for our country and repent of dealing with Iran. Lord do not take your finger off these talks. May no compromises be made to Iran and may we stand firm in what we demand of Iran. Give Secretary of State Kerry a double portion of discernment. May he know when to hold and when to fold, when to walk and when to run. In His name we pray, Amen.
- "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. (Matthew 10:16)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Turkey joins Qatari bid to broker Israel-Hamas deal -Times of Israel
A new proposal for a long-term ceasefire between Israel and Hamas has been put forth by Qatar and Turkey, The Times of Israel has learned.
Palestinian sources said that Turkey passed along the proposal via the Qatari ambassador to the Gaza Strip, Muhammad Al-Ahmadi, who visited Israel and even met with Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories Maj. Gen. Yoav Mordechai.
Turkish and Qatari ambassadors met with Hamas representatives in Ankara, and also in Gaza, and presented them with the framework for the plan. The details were also given to senior members of the Palestinian Authority. (Read more)
2.Iran Revolutionary Guard chief: Saudi Arabia following in footsteps of Israel - Jerusalem Post
Saudi Arabia is a betrayer who is "following in the footsteps of Israel and the Zionists," the commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard said Monday.
Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari's comments came amid the Saudi-led coalition's military campaign against Iranian-backed Shi'ite Houthi rebels who are trying to take over Yemen.
"Today, Saudi Arabia is brazenly and obnoxiously bombarding and massacring a nation, which is seeking the denial of the hegemonic system," Press TV quoted Jafari as saying. (Read more)
3. 'Israel won't allow weapons transfer to terrorist groups' - Israel Hayom
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon says Israel will not allow Iran to supply Hezbollah with advanced weapons, or tolerate terrorist infrastructure on the Syrian border "We will know how to get our hands on anyone threatening the Israeli public," he says. (Read more)
4. IS-linked group said battling for position on Israel border - Times of Israel
Jaish al-Islam, closely tied to Islamic State, fighting rebel groups around Syrian town of Qahtaniya, a few hundred meters from Israeli territory. (Read more)
5. Saudi Arabia 'arrests 93 members of Islamic State cells' - BBC
Saudi Arabia has arrested 93 people suspected of belonging to Islamic State (IS) and foiled several plots, the interior ministry has announced. The official Saudi Press Agency reported that the arrests had taken place since December and that all but five suspects were Saudi nationals. (Read more)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Monday, April 27, 2015
Human lives matter
Race is a particularly difficult subject to write about, especially when you truly believe 1 Samuel 17:7, "for the LORD sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." It seems that there should be no races because we are all part of the human race. Simply put, the Golden Rule should apply when dealing with anyone--we should treat others as we would want to be treated. There is not much wiggle room in the word of God, yet I have walked across the threshold of a church built at Cape Coast Castle in Ghana, West Africa where parishioners could see the slaves in a dungeon below and would remark that they were in hell while the church was heaven.
Christianity should not be a victim of the race issue, but rather a leader in bringing the light of Christ and the love for one another into focus. But it seems the more people try to fix the racial divide, the deeper and wider it becomes. Whites, for example, cannot understand why Blacks react certain ways. Blacks cannot understand why Whites don't understand. And the circle continues. There is enough blame to go around on both sides. But until honest and respectful dialogue can occur, there is little hope that anything can be solved. We owe it to ourselves and to our Lord to treat one another with respect, integrity and honor. That is a start.
Martin Luther King, Jr. applied four steps to addressing racial injustice: "collection of the facts to determine whether injustices exist; negotiation; self-purification; and direct action." It seems the White House has fallen short on all of these steps when addressing or commenting on race relations. The facts in several cases were not determined before reactions were made, statements issued and blame assessed. This contributes to continued distrust and resentment. It also gives ground to outside anarchist and socialist groups who try to hijack civil rights as an excuse to protest and cause disruption. Moreover, urban legend like "hands up, don't shoot" institutionalizes, even though it was never said.
In short, Black lives DO matter. So do White lives. Human lives matter. When there is injustice, it impacts all of us. Divisions widen and deepen. Injustice is not corrected by turning a blind eye to vigilante revenge. Our society needs to come to grips with the mistrust, bias, and perceptions that serve as barriers to love, truth, honor and justice. We can't rely on government to force-solve these issues. It won't happen. This takes heart to heart combat--relationship building. It takes learning from the past, then putting it aside to build a better future. It might start with a simple smile, or an acknowledgement. Proverbs 31:9 says, "open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy." Sounds simple, but seeing the condition of society, it must be pretty difficult to do.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Race Riots test a prophetic generation
Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, a Republican, has sent in the National Guard to quell riots in Baltimore. The Justice Department, socialist, is sending in personnel to observe the situation. Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, a Democrat, announced an indefinite curfew of 10 pm in the city. Meanwhile, a Democratic State Senator in Ferguson, Mo., Maria Chappelle Nadal tweeted that protestors should gather together at Reds BBQ to begin demonstrations in "solidarity" with the riots in Baltimore. Several were arrested. Conspiracy theorists are theorizing that these are the types of events that will lead to full blown martial law, FEMA camp incarceration and the end of American freedom. What next?
A real or perceived injustice has occurred that stirs the anger and hurt of Black people who have experienced or perceived injustice in their lives. Eventually, investigators will find that gangs, Islamists, and communists hijacked the death of a Black man to foment revolution. Already, the Baltimore police are receiving threats from the Black Guerrilla Family, the Bloods and Crypts who have partnered to "take out" White police officers. A text intercepted with a Chicago area code said: "Kill all white police officers!! As many as you can!! Bunch of thugs with badges!!" The Black Guerilla Family is a marxist revolutionary organization with the stated goals of eradicating racism and overthrowing the US government.
These gangs are the infrastructural anchor that Islamists like the Islamic State will use to war on America. They have longstanding links and business relationships, dealing together in drugs, human trafficking, and other illegal activities. They wear no uniforms. They respect no authority. They are a brutal force aimed at anyone who doesn't agree with them. They make martial law seem like a reasonable alternative. But this is not representative of people of color. For example, the parents of the most recent victim's death that sparked the Baltimore riots are calling for calm, the mother sincerely saying, "I want y'all to get justice for my son, but don't do it like this. Don't tear up the whole city just for him. It's wrong."
As a prophetic generation, this is a test of our beliefs. What is your Christian response? If you are a White Christian, show the love of Christ to your Black brothers and sisters. If you are a Black Christian, show the love of Christ to your White brothers and sisters. Christ said in John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." Let us not forget who we are and why we exist. This is not about race--that is only the fuse. This is about a satanic force that wants everything you have irrespective of the color of your skin. You are a prophetic generation. Speak into this situation with wisdom. Stand. Protect one another. Overcome evil with good.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Prayers for the Court (I)
Prayers for the Court:
"Fight the good fight of faith . . . keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen." (1 Timothy 6:12-16)
The God of the Bible is still on the Throne of the universe and rules in the affairs of men! Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Our battle cry today, as it was during the War for Independence, is "No King, but King Jesus! For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us (Isaiah 33:22). Our appeal is to the Creator of heaven and earth. He created us male and female and instituted man-woman marriage for all peoples in all cultures for all times. Our appeal is to common sense (self-evident truths), to the laws of nature and of nature's God, and foremost to Revealed Truth, the Divine Law, the Scriptures.
. . . We are on the closing day of our prayer vigil, as our highest Court hears arguments as to why it should not meddle with the institution God ordained in the Garden, creating the first man and woman, bringing them together in marriage, and commanding them to be fruitful and to multiply. Marriage has been the cornerstone of an ordered human society for thousands of years and a blessing to those who follow God's plan. While a majority of the Justices seem predisposed toward error in this matter, God is able to change their minds and hearts as we pray.
A hopeful thought: Justice Kennedy has been a strong believer in states' rights. In fact part of his reasoning in Windsor was based upon his strong federalist leanings. He could easily decide this case in favor of the states rather than attempting to create a new "fundamental right" out of thin air. The rise of the homosexual rights movement has been supersonic, and as Chris Gacek wrote, the idea of same-sex "marriage" is "novel," neither rooted in our history or traditions. All we need is 5 Justices to prevail.
- Lord, how far we have departed from the Founders, but more-so, we have departed from You! Sovereign God of History, please intervene to save us. Save our children and future generations who will be taught that evil is good and good is evil if you do not intervene hurriedly! (Dt 8; Ps 144)
- Cause the lawyers presenting the case for natural marriage tomorrow such persuasiveness as to overwhelm the opposition. May the Justices be deeply moved by your Spirit as You Lord stand among them. We look not to man to save us, but to You! (Job 37:1; Jer 17:5-10)
- May the attorneys proposing a right to same-sex "marriage" be shockingly unpersuasive and may Your Spirit fill the room and every heart with conviction of sin, of righteousness and judgment! Preserve the justices and our nation from the delusion that comes upon all who "love not the truth!" (Is 5:20; 2 Th 2:10-13)
- Use this assault on the very soul of America as a turning point. Preserve the blessed gift of marriage in our land for our children and their children. Send a Biblical awakening that will bring our nation to its senses; draw us to repentance and bring us wholeheartedly back to You! (2 Chr 7:14; Acts 2:38)
Rev. Pierre Bynum
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
Family Research Council 801 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Prayers for the Court (2)
Monumental Case Begins Today
This morning, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments that will determine whether or not individual states will retain the freedom to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman, impacting legislation that a majority of citizens in a number of states have already voted on. Nothing in the U.S. Constitution requires all 50 states to hold marriage in the same manner. However, an unfavorable ruling by the Supreme Court not only undermines state sovereignty, but will further diminish America's Judeo-Christian heritage and individual religious liberties, as well as the core understanding of marriage as one of our most time-honored and God-ordained institutions. . . .
Many national and state leaders are making every effort to protect our fundamental rights as Americans, including the passing of Religious Freedom Restoration Acts (RFRA) in several states. However, we need government officials and judges to stand strong together to protect our religious freedoms.
Members of the House and Senate signed an amicus brief urging the Court to uphold the marriage laws before the Court today.
Please remember to pray for the Supreme Court Justices over the next several weeks as they continue to deliberate this case. Pray for favor. Pray for righteousness to prevail. Pray for their hearts and minds to be open to the influence of the Holy Spirit. Pray that in all things, God will be honored.
In God We Trust,
Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation
[To read Lea's full report, please go here.]
News from Nepal
News from Nepal:
Headlines to pray over
US Missionary in Nepal: 'The Needs Are Staggering' - CBN News
Across central Nepal, hundreds of thousands of people are living in the open without clean water and sanitation. Emergency officials say more than 1.4 million people are in need of food in the country.
American photographer Dean Tatooles was among airline passengers forced to evacuate a plane in the Nepal's capital as the earthquake struck.
"It was the type of screaming and shrills that equate to like a horror movie really. There was panic; there was pandemonium," he recalled. (Read more)
Miracle' timing for believers exiting church as quake struck - God Reports
The church typically meets for two hours on Saturday morning and thankfully, no one was injured or killed."Ten minutes earlier and everyone would still have been inside," said Christian Aid's South Asia Director, herself a native of Nepal. "There would have certainly been many injuries, if not deaths." (Read more)
[Both articles also reported on Breaking Christian News]
We reported yesterday that Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said something extraordinarily stupid over the weekend about giving "those who wished to destroy space to do that." Her office is still trying to clarify exactly what she meant.
But as the rioting raged last night, it was increasingly obvious to everyone that her "hands off" policy was doing just that -- giving thugs the space to destroy.
I was stunned as I watched dozens of policemen retreating early in the day when confronted by a mob of teenagers. Those images signaled that there was no serious effort to stop the rioting. They stoked the flames and inspired others to take to the street.
As of this morning, at least 15 policemen had been injured, six seriously. More than 140 cars were set on fire, at least 15 buildings were burning and more than 200 people had been arrested.
Classes were cancelled today. A curfew is now in place. Governor Larry Hogan has mobilized the National Guard and is temporarily moving his offices from Annapolis to Baltimore.
During a press conference last night, Governor Hogan said that President Obama called him. "He [Obama] said, 'I assume that you and your team will be exercising due restraint,'" Governor Hogan said. "I assured them that we were. . . . but I also assured them that we weren't going to standby and allow our City of Baltimore to be taken over by thugs." Good for him! (Gary Bauer)
Good News from Nigeria
Nigerian forces invade last known stronghold of Boko Haram
(Reuters) - Nigerian forces backed by warplanes invaded Islamist group Boko Haram's last known stronghold, the Sambisa forest, on Wednesday, in an effort to finally defeat their six-year-old insurgency, two military sources said.
Armies from Nigeria and neighbors Chad, Niger and Cameroon have in the past two months launched a concerted push to try to crush the insurgents, who have killed thousands and kidnapped hundreds in their battle to establish an Islamic state.
The Sambisa forest in northeast Nigeria, a vast former colonial game reserve, is about 100 km (60 miles) from the village of Chibok from where Boko Haram abducted more than 200 secondary school girls a year ago. Intelligence officials had believed that this was where they were being held, although U.S. reconnaissance drones have failed to find them.
U.N. Special Representative for West Africa Mohamed Ibn Chambas said this month that Boko Haram militants seeking shelter in the Sambisa Forest may be using some of the captured girls as human shields.
A spokesman for the military was not immediately available for comment. (Read more)
- Father God, we rejoice at the news that the last stronghold of Boko Haram has been invaded by this multinational force, and we ask for complete victory in their destruction.
We recognize, too, dear Lord, that it was only two weeks ago when several members of Congress stood on the steps of the Capitol, crying out to YOU for help, in recognition that only You can do this!
Thank You, Lord, for hearing and answering our prayers, and theirs, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "I cried unto the Lord and He heard me, and delivered me out of all my distresses." (Psalm 120:1)
> > > To read the article, "Maloney on Boko Haram Kidnapping 276 Nigerian Girls: 'We Need Prayer - We've Tried Everything Else', go here.
A Global Call to Repentance
Global Call for Repentance USA
The first ever "global call for repentance" will take place this Thursday April 30 as part of this year's National Day of Repentance. The call will be hosted by Australian prayer leaders whose earlier global prayer call for the USA has gone viral. Using media releases and YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fppeSN1xBn4 they are calling Christians in Australia and other nations to fast and pray for America beginning April 30 for seven days leading up to the National Day of Prayer on May 7.
Through phone and web simulcast many hundreds of prayer warriors in many nations on April 30 will simultaneously read at 4 PM PST, 7PM EST a "Declaration Prayer for America" to support repentance and America's return to its Godly roots.
You're invited! If you can't make the call, pray the prayer at that time. Those on the repentance call will experience the unity in Christ and the power of a global Declaration in the Body of Christ. The phone number is (425) 440-5100, pin 401728#. To attend visit: http://iTeleseminar.com/69109077. The powerful Declaration states:
Declaration Prayer for America April 30, 2015
Almighty God our Savior, Strength and Shield, our lands and all people gathered here are Yours. We ask You to forgive our sin and hear our hearts, as we cry out to You for our Nation.
We declare, and raise Your Name, Jehovah Nissi, as the only banner over us, just as those who came before us have done.
Father, in the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ, we speak against the things holding back this Nation, and "those who are called to salvation."
We break the Power of Pride, Lies and Lust, Mammon and Idolatry, of Fear and Doubt, Sickness and Death, Unbelief and the Occult in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Using the keys to the Kingdom that Jesus gave us in Matthew 18:18, we close and lock, seal and bind these gates of the anti-Christ over our Nation. We Loose, Melt and Dissolve them on the earth, and in the heavenly realms.
We ask, Father, that through our repentance and worship, in the Name and by the Blood of Jesus/Yeshua Messiah, for the Flood Gates of Heaven to open over America . . . to bring Repentance and Salvation, Truth and Faith, Wholeness and Life in all its abundance.
We ask You, Lord, to thrust out laborers into Your harvest field, and pray for the powerful proclamation of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ across this Land to bring an outpouring of Your Holy Spirit, and the return of those who once knew Your love.
Summon Your Power, oh God, and show us Your strength as You have done before, for Your chariots are tens of thousands and thousands upon thousands.
Arise, oh God, and speak the Word and scatter all Your enemies, that Your "Name be kept Holy."
We ask it in Jesus' glorious Name. Amen.
For further information please contact:
National Day of Repentance
Pastor Jeff Daly
firstname.lastname@example.org/ (707) 987-9082
Warwick Marsh Australia USA
dial out number then 61 418 225 212
30 Hours of Love!!
30 Hours of Love over our Land!
Operation Love the Land (2) a GREAT SUCCESS!
We want to say a huge THANK YOU to the many of you out there who have just finished participating in our 30 - hour Bible Reading Marathon: Operation Love the Land (2)!
With your help, the reading of the Word of God continued nonstop for the entirety of this "set time" in our nation's history, and we were able to read all the way through the Books of the New Testament, followed by the Books of Isaiah, Proverbs, and some of the Psalms.
Instead of taking a formal "headcount" of the numbers of readers who joined us, instead we wish to honor the names of the ministries that supported this work. They are:
National Day of Prayer
National Day of Repentance
National Prayer Committee
The Liberty Counsel
The ASK Prayer Network
National Governors' Prayer Team
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
We also welcomed the sound of the shofar out of ISRAEL at the beginning, and out of AMERICA at the close -- as a sign of our nations' covenant of LOVE for each other.
We thank Dave Butts for his opening prayer, and Jeff Daly for the close, too . . . as well as the 15 team leaders who each anchored the reading in two-hour shifts.
We close this Bible Readathon by claiming THIS WORD from Proverbs 30:5 -- It is written:
"Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him."
We thank You, Lord, that You ARE a shield about us, in Jesus' name, amen and amen!
Tomorrow: National Day of Repentance
1. Commentary from Pastor Jeff Daly, Founder, National Day of Repentance
Global Unity Through Repentance
To read this article, go here.
2. Commentary from Steve Schultz:
Global Support for USA Prayer and Repentance
I'm VERY excited, more than most of the time. Yes, Australia, and many, MANY other nations are feeling "called to pray for the USA," especially this next week, April 30-May 7. This coming week, we are going to publish articles every day about the CALL TO PRAY for the USA, and some of these calls are coming from Australia (and other surrounding territories and nations) as well as prophetic voices from the USA.
Now, when I say, AUSTRALIA, I of course include their neighbors such as The Solomon Islands, and even New Zealand. You're going to be amazed when you see these calls to prayer and the actual prayer points coming from DOWN UNDER and around the earth!
Let your home groups and churches know... we are entering an amazing time of UNIFIED PRAYER for the USA... and folks, WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS! Thank you, Nations of the World for your intercession. WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS! -Steve Shultz, BCN and Elijah List Founder.
> > > To read this article, go here.
3. Global Prayer Call for USA Goes Viral
Seven Days of Prayer & Fasting: USA 30 April - 6 May 2015
The National Day of Prayer and Fasting team from Australia is calling the nations of the world to pray and fast for the USA for seven days from 30 April - 6 May 2015. Australian Pastor Matt Prater said, "The National Day of Repentance , held on 30 April 2015, takes its inspiration from Abraham Lincoln's Day of 'Humiliation, Prayer and Fasting' held during the Civil War. This day of Repentance begins this 7 day period of prayer and fasting and concludes on 6 May, the eve of the USA National Day of Prayer."
Lana Vawser said, "Australia and the United States of America, it is time to join together. It is Gods time for both of these nations to come into their destiny. It is time to stand together and commit to pray and wage war, and God will make a way where there seems to be no way."
Alison Jessup said, "This prayer call has gone viral. The Elijah list had 1.2 million hits in a 24 hour period when we made our first announcement. Our own Prayer for America YouTube has had over 20,000 hits over two weeks."
Please pass this information on to your friends and networks.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Warwick Marsh, Ps Matt Prater, Alison Jessup & Lana Vawser
Australian & USA Prayer co-ordinating Team
To learn more, please go here.
It has recently come to our attention that a number of you are dropping off our list when you have not asked to be unsubscribed.
In order to prevent this from happening in the future, here are three things you will need to do to protect yourself from having this happen to you.
STEP ONE: Contact your service provider
Contact your own email service provider (aol.com; comcast.net; yahoo.com; gmail.com) and ask that our email address be placed upon a "white list." (They will know what this term means.) This will ensure that you will continue to receive our alerts, uninterrupted.
Our email address is:
STEP TWO: Resubscribe if dropped
If you are still unsubscribed, please take the following action:
Go to the link below and sign up again to receive the Daily Brief. (Unfortunately, we cannot do this for you.)
(Please paste into your browser)
Or you can simply press this link to resubscribe.
STEP THREE: Install an effective antivirus program
Finally, be sure to install an effective antivirus program on your computer. We recommend these two programs (use BOTH of them, please!) which can each be downloaded into your system free of charge.
1) Spy Bot Search & Destroy
Use these links above, there are plenty of hyperlinks on the internet that will give you fake downloads of these programs so be careful.
By following these three simple steps, you can rest assured that you will continue receiving our Briefs without interruption . . . and we DO need you out there! Thank you all for your assistance in this vital matter.
In His Grace, and with our appreciation,
Sara Ballenger, President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
CROWN HIM WITH MANY CROWNS
"His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns." (Revelation 19:12)
Crown Him with many crowns, the Lamb upon His throne.
Hark! How the heavenly anthem drowns all music but its own.
Awake, my soul, and sing of Him who died for thee,
And hail Him as thy matchless King through all eternity.
Crown Him the virgin's Son, the God incarnate born,
Whose arm those crimson trophies won which now His brow adorn;
Fruit of the mystic rose, as of that rose the stem;
The root whence mercy ever flows, the Babe of Bethlehem.
Crown Him the Son of God, before the worlds began,
And ye who tread where He hath trod, crown Him the Son of Man;
Who every grief hath known that wrings the human breast,
And takes and bears them for His own, that all in Him may rest.
(To view all lyrics, please go here.)
Please go here.
Or go here to worship with Westminster Abbey!
About the Author:
Words: Matthew Bridges, 1852
Music: George J. Elvey, 1868
About the Hymn:
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Enjoy and worship here.
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!