Resources available for pastors:
Support STAND FOR MARRIAGE SUNDAY
April 26, 2015
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, April 20, 2015
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Zephaniah 3:17)
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty . . ." (Zephaniah 3:17)
The Daily Brief
1. Loretta Lynch nomination fight turns ugly as White House assails Chuck Grassley - Washington Times
The White House accused Republicans of "duplicity" Thursday in delaying confirmation of Loretta Lynch, President Obama's nominee to be the next attorney general, turning up the heat even as GOP leaders said they were close to a resolution.
White House press secretary Josh Earnest said the delay in confirming Ms. Lynch, whose nomination was first submitted late last year, is evidence of the difficulty the president faces in working with Congress. He accused six-term Sen. Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Judiciary Committee, of having misled the White House over Ms. Lynch.
Many Republicans say her defense of the president's executive actions on immigration make her unacceptable for a position that requires enforcement of the Constitution against executive power grabs. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, there have been a number of reports of questionable actions taken in the past by Ms. Lynch about previous legal cases which should influence whether or not she is approved. However this article states that intense pressure by the executive branch is being applied upon various senators to approve her, regardless of her past actions. Help us Father! We pray that You will rise up and cause Your choice to be made known for this key job assignment. We ask this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who deal truthfully are His delight." (Proverbs 12:22 NKJV)
2. Senator slams feds over decade-old oil leak in Gulf - CBSNews
A U.S. senator from Florida is pressing federal officials to disclose technical data and other information about a decade-old oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, after an investigation by The Associated Press revealed evidence that the spill is far worse than a company or government regulators have publicly reported. In a letter Friday to Interior Secretary Sally Jewell and Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, Sen. Bill Nelson said it is "unacceptable" that oil is still leaking from the site off Louisiana's coast where an oil platform owned by Taylor Energy Company toppled during Hurricane Ivan in 2004.
The Florida Democrat, who is the ranking member of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation, told Jewell and Johnson that "all necessary resources" should be committed to stopping the oil from flowing. "If you've got an oil rig that's been leaking for 11 years, then it's time for us to find out what's going on," Nelson said during a telephone interview.
The Coast Guard provided AP with a new leak estimate that is about 20 times greater than the one cited by Taylor. AP's analysis of more than 2,300 pollution reports to the Coast Guard since 2008 showed a dramatic spike in sheen sizes and oil volumes since Sept. 1, 2014. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida is voicing his concern about the serious pollution occurring in the Gulf of Mexico, with its ramifications to people living next to it, earning a living from it and eating its marine life. May this senator be heard and the concerns for the Gulf be fully investigated, with actions taken to stop the poisoning and pollution of its water. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "You are the God who does wonders; You have declared Your strength among the peoples." (Psalm 77:14)
3. Obama Demands 'Welcoming' For Illegals - WND
President Obama's White House Task Force on Creating Welcoming Communities unveiled its recommendations Friday for a national strategy to "integrate" millions of immigrants and refugees into cities and towns across the U.S. The chair of the task force, Obama's domestic policy adviser Cecilia Muñoz, said her focus is on making sure Obama's historic immigration policies get "institutionalized" so they will live on long after she and her boss are gone from the White House.
Obama created the task force Nov. 21 when he announced his plan to unilaterally grant amnesty to more than 5 million illegal immigrants and child migrants. His administration is also bringing in 70,000 foreign refugees per year from places like Iraq, Somalia, Bhutan, Burma and Syria.
Muñoz is a former executive with the National Council of La Raza.(Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this is frightening! As the article notes, there was no discussion about how all these immigrants would impact US national security nor was there any assurance that these immigrants were being required to assimilate into our culture as part of their entrance to the US. We have seen the destructive consequences from previous immigrations where these security and assimilation concerns were ignored. Help us, Father, as these current "citizens" are being set up for conflict and questionable futures in our country. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "O God, how long will the adversary reproach? Will the enemy blaspheme Your name forever?" (Psalm 74:10)
4. Houston pastors promise appeal of vote 'manipulation' - WND
A coalition of pastors from Houston is promising an appeal of a decision by a judge on Friday that would give the city a free pass in its fight against a citywide vote over a transgender ordinance that was adopted over huge resident opposition after Mayor Annise Parker, a lesbian, said it was all about her.
The case earlier drew national attention to the city, and not in a very complimentary way, when WND broke the story the city issued subpoenas to five of the pastors for copies of their sermons. The pastors later called for an investigation of city hall's actions in the dispute. The resulting negative publicity for Houston - talk radio hosts excoriated the city and its mayor - prompted officials to drop the subpoenas.
Judge Robert Schaffer ruled on Friday that the pastors had collected 16,684 valid signatures, just short of the 17,269 needed to force a vote on the special rights. That was even though the longtime city secretary, Anna Russell, earlier said during a deposition that she stopped counting signatures at about 19,000 because the minimum had been met.
Pastors in the city had collected some 54,000 signatures, and had pre-verified 31,000 to be from registered voters from within then city. But the city attorney, David Feldman, then stepped in and disqualified most of the signatures that had been collected, and the city has been fighting efforts to overturn the ordinance ever since. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we ask that You surround these pastors with Your special angels, pouring Your comfort and strength into them to fight against this manipulation of petitioners' signatures and falsified disqualification of those who signed, so that this ordinance is approved against the wishes of the general populace. Help us, Father, as more and more the enemy is encroaching and destroying against the will of Your people. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." (Psalm 84:11)
5. Maloney on Boko Haram Kidnapping 276 Nigerian Girls: 'We Need Prayer - We've Tried Everything Else' - CNSNews.com
At a press conference on Wednesday, Apr. 15, marking the one-year anniversary of the kidnapping of 276 schoolgirls in Nigeria by the radical Islamist group Boko Haram, Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) opened the conference by suggesting people pray.
"I think we need prayer," Maloney said at the start of the press conference on the grounds of the U.S. Capitol. "We've tried everything else."
[The prayer was offered by Dr. Barbara Williams-Skinner.] Part of the prayer said, "Let's center our hearts before the only one who knows where these girls are. ... We know, oh God, that you can bring them back. We stand on that belief right now. We serve a God who does not close deaf ears."
At the press conference, CNSNews.com asked about the faith of the kidnap victims and was told they were "mostly Christian" by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas). (Read more)
- Lord God, we note that all those who gave this press conference last week were Democrats. They included, along with Rep. Maloney, Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.), Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.), and Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas). We thank You, Lord, that these members of Congress have publicly bowed their heads before You, asking for help in time of need and acknowledging that only You, the only wise God, are able to help us find these missing girls. We thank You, Lord, that You do hear . . . and You do answer, in Jesus' name amen and amen.
- "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
6. Boko Haram adopts ISIS' bloody religious cleansing strategy - Fox News
The Islamic militant group Boko Haram is adopting ISIS' bloody strategy of stamping out Christianity with a frightening fervor, putting Nigeria's 70 million followers of Jesus in danger for their lives, fearful human rights advocates say.
Boko Haram leaders vowed their formal allegiance to IS in an audio message in Arabic posted to Twitter last month, according to intelligence analysts. The militant group has launched murderous rampages across northeastern Nigeria, and into neighboring Chad, Cameroon and Niger. In an attack April 7, Islamist extremists disguised themselves as preachers and killed at least 24 people in Nigeria's Borno state (Read more)
- Abba Father, we stand in the gap before You for the evil slaughter of our Nigerian brothers and sisters in Christ that is being committed by the Boko Haram. Have mercy, Father, and rise up, extending Your righteous right hand over Your remnant there and surrounding them with Your warrior angels, shutting down the actions of the Boko Haram. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Arise, O God, judge the earth; for You shall inherit all nations." (Psalm 82:8)
7. Iranian ship convoy moves toward Yemen, alarming US officials - The Hill
U.S. military officials are concerned that Iran's support for Houthi rebels in Yemen could spark a confrontation with Saudi Arabia and plunge the region into sectarian war. Iran is sending an armada of seven to nine ships - some with weapons - toward Yemen in a potential attempt to resupply the Shia Houthi rebels, according to two U.S. defense officials. Officials fear the move could lead to a showdown with the U.S. or other members of a Saudi-led coalition, which is enforcing a naval blockade of Yemen and is conducting its fourth week of airstrikes against the Houthis.
Iran sent a destroyer and another vessel to waters near Yemen last week but said it was part of a routine counter-piracy mission. (Read more)
- Lord God, this news only confirms what most are now saying: it is useless to try to negotiate a pact with a nation that is bent on destroying those nations it despises. The fact that this is to be an "agreement" regarding nuclear power increases our alarm. Have mercy, Father, and awaken our leadership about how to handle what Iran is doing so that the confrontations in and near Yemen do not swirl out of control and inflame the entire region in war. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, and do not be still, O God!" (Psalm 83:1)
8. Obama says US open to talks with Iran on immediately lifting sanctions - Times of Israel
US President Barack Obama on Friday left open the door to "creative negotiations" in response to Iran's demand that punishing sanctions be immediately lifted as part of a nuclear deal, even though the initial agreement calls for the penalties to be removed over time. Asked whether he would definitively rule out lifting sanctions at once as part of a final deal aimed at keeping Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, Obama said he didn't want to get ahead of negotiators in how to work through the potential sticking point. He said his main concern is making sure that if Iran violates an agreement, sanctions can quickly be reinstated - the so-called "snap back" provision.
"How sanctions are lessened, how we snap back sanctions if there's a violation, there are a lot of different mechanisms and ways to do that," Obama said. He said part of the job for Secretary of State John Kerry and the representatives of five other nations working to reach a final deal with Iran by June 30 "is to sometimes find formulas that get to our main concerns while allowing the other side to make a presentation to their body politic that is more acceptable."
Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and President Hassan Rouhani insisted last week that they would not sign a deal unless all sanctions are lifted right after an agreement is signed. Obama initially portrayed their comments as a reflection of internal political pressure, while pointing out that the initial framework agreement reached earlier this month allows for sanctions to be phased out once international monitors verify that Tehran is abiding by the limitations. (Read more)
- Abba Father, this entire 'agreement' appears to be full of questionable actions and concessions, with little indication of any binding rules upon the nation of Iran. It sounds more like Iran wants this or that without having to agree to any constraints. Have mercy upon all of us, Father, as we observe the actions of Iran shown in Yemen, as to weapons supplied to Hamas and Hezbollah, and the chronic verbalized threats to Israel and the US. We raise up the blood bought cross of Jesus Christ and thrust it down through all Iranian plots and schemes about this nuclear weapons agreement, causing them to shatter into tiny, little pieces. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- But the LORD is with me like a dread champion; Therefore my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will be utterly ashamed, because they have failed, With an everlasting disgrace that will not be forgotten. (Jer. 20:11)
9. Obama 'surprised' Putin held back this long on S-300 supply to Iran - Times of Israel
President Barack Obama said Friday he was surprised that Russia's suspension of missile sales to Iran "held this long." The White House objected earlier this week when Russia announced it would lift a five-year ban on delivery of advanced S-300 anti-aircraft missiles. They would give the Islamic republic's military a strong deterrent against any air attack.
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu furiously protested the planned supply and phoned President Vladimir Putin to try to persuade him to reconsider, but was rebuffed. Israel fears the S-300s would complicate any military intervention as a last resort to thwart Iran's nuclear drive. It also fears Iran could supply the missile defense systems to Syria or Hezbollah, diluting Israel's air supremacy over Syria and Lebanon.
Moscow says a preliminary agreement over Iran's nuclear program made a 2010 ban on sending the missiles to Iran no longer necessary. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, here is another intense threat to stability in the Middle East and beyond, arising from Putin agreeing to supply Iran with dangerous missiles which would give the Islamic republic's military a strong deterrent against any air attack when they violate agreements or massively threaten other nations.. Have mercy and help us please, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The wicked are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the righteous will stand." (Proverbs 12:7)
10. Hundreds feared dead after migrant boat capsizes in Mediterranean Sea - Fox News
A major rescue operation is underway in the Mediterranean Sea, north of Libya and south of the Italian island of Lampedusa, after a migrant ship carrying as many as 700 people capsized Sunday. Italy's Coast Guard said at least 24 people are confirmed dead, with the death toll expected to rise into the hundreds.
BBC reports that only 28 people have been rescued so far. Italian and Maltese ships were involved in the search and rescue operation.
The Coast Guard said in a statement that the migrants' 66-foot vessel may have overturned because migrants rushed to one side of the craft when they saw a Portuguese merchant vessel approach it late Saturday night. The cargo ship had been dispatched to come to the migrants' aid. (Read more)
- Father God, we pray today for those who are mourning this great loss in the Mediterranean sea this past weekend. Have mercy Father, and may more people be rescued than is being reported. We ask that Your special strength, comfort and peace surround all involved, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "He will bring justice to the poor of the people; He will save the children of the needy, and will break in pieces the oppressor." (Psalm 72:4 NKJV)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Report: Likud and United Torah Judaism Deal On the Rocks - Israel National News
Reports Saturday night indicate that negotiations talks betweem United Torah Judaism (UTJ) and Likud, previously said to be in their final stages, have hit a wall.
Likud, apparently, has backtracked on complying with all of UTJ's requirements in regard to the Enlistment Law, thereby creating tension between the ruling party and representatives of the haredi party.
According to earlier reports, a final agreement between Likud and UTJ was to include a clause guaranteeing the cancellation of the criminal sanctions in the Enlistment Law, which sought to force haredim to enlist in the IDF. (Read more)
2. Abbas meets with MK Ayman Odeh, calls on Arab countries to allow visits by Israeli Arabs - Jerusalem Post
All members of the Joint List, headed by MK Ayman Odeh, will soon visit Qatar, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas announced on Saturday.
Abbas made the announcement during a meeting in Ramallah with Odeh and the head of the Islamic Movement (southern branch) in Israel, Abdallah Nimer Darwish.
Abbas said that the Arab League was also planning to receive all members of the Joint List in Cairo but did not say when the visits to Cairo and Doha would take place. (Read more)
3. Israel and Palestinians Reach Tax Deal -The New York Times
JERUSALEM - Israel and the Palestinian Authority have reached an agreement to resolve a monthslong dispute over the transfer of tax revenue Israel collects on behalf of the Palestinians, officials said on Saturday.
Israel said it would transfer about $470 million collected over the last four months, after deductions to help cover Palestinian debts to Israeli utility companies, according to a statement from the government. The amounts to be deducted had become a major sticking point in recent weeks.
The money had accrued since Israel suspended the payments in January in response to the Palestinian move to join the International Criminal Court. The Palestinians formally became a member of the court on April 1. The withholding of the money, which makes up a significant portion of the operating budget of the Palestinian Authority, caused a severe economic crisis, with the authority able to pay its tens of thousands of employees only partial salaries. (Read more)
4. Explosive Device Targets UNRWA Offices in Gaza - Israel National News
An explosive device went off near the offices of the UN Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA) in Gaza City Saturday night, AFP reported.
A second struck near police headquarters, the report said. UNRWA and Gaza security officials said there were no dead or injured.
"A bomb exploded near the outer wall of the headquarters of UNRWA in Gaza, about three meters from the door, causing no casualties or damage," UNRWA spokesperson Adnan Abu Hasna told AFP.
Hamas security services said an investigation was opened following the explosion of two homemade devices, "which caused limited damage and no casualties."
UNRWA facilities in Gaza were at the forefront during last year's Operation Protective Edge. During the operation, no fewer than three UNRWA schools were found to be serving for storage of rockets for the terrorist organizations Hamas and Islamic Jihad. (Read more)
5. Hebrew Nation News: Weekly Newsletter - HNN
To read this week's edition, written by Laura Densmore, please go here.
6. Intercessors for Israel: Weekly Newsletter - IFI
To read this week's edition of the IFI Prayer Alert, please go here.
7. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Newsletter - BFP
To read this week's edition of the BFP Prayer Alert, please go here.
Focus on Iran
Focus on Iran
1. Sale of U.S. Arms Fuels the Wars of Arab States - New York Times
To wage war in Yemen, Saudi Arabia is using F-15 fighter jets bought from Boeing. Pilots from the United Arab Emirates are flying Lockheed Martin's F-16 to bomb both Yemen and Syria. Soon, the Emirates are expected to complete a deal with General Atomics for a fleet of Predator drones to run spying missions in their neighborhood.
As the Middle East descends into proxy wars, sectarian conflicts and battles against terrorist networks, countries in the region that have stockpiled American military hardware are now actually using it and wanting more.(Read more)
2. Netanyahu: 'Death to Israel' inscriptions on Iran's missiles never change - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: Israel views with utmost gravity the supply of S-300 missiles from Russia to Iran * Russian President Vladimir Putin warns Israel not to sell weapons to Ukraine, saying this would increase strife in eastern Ukraine.
"Israel views with utmost gravity the supply of S-300 missiles from Russia to Iran, especially at a time when Iran is stepping up its aggression in the region and around the borders of the State of Israel," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at the start of Sunday's cabinet meeting.
"Israel also views with utmost gravity the fact that there is no reference to this aggression in the agreement being made between the major powers and Iran. There is no stipulation that this aggression be halted, whether at the start of the agreement or as a condition for the lifting of sanctions. (Read more)
3. Iran leader urges military to increase 'preparedness' - Times of Israel
Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei urged the country's armed forces Sunday to increase their "defensive preparedness," hitting out at a US warning of possible military action.
He told commanders and troops in a speech that Iran "will never accept such stupid remarks," a jab at General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, though he did not name him.
Dempsey said Thursday that should ongoing diplomacy with Iran fail, "the military option to ensure that Iran does not achieve a nuclear weapon is intact."
"All bodies from the ministry of defense to the army and the Sepah (Revolutionary Guards) should increase their military and defensive preparedness. This should be regarded as an official directive," Khamenei said. (Read more)
4. Putin warns Israel not to sell Ukraine arms in response to Iran arms deal - www.watch.org
Israel slams Russia's sale of advanced missile defense system S-300 to Iran; Russian president warns Israel not to arm Ukraine in retribution: 'It will be counterproductive.'
Russian President Vladimir Putin warned Israel against selling arms to the Ukraine in response to Russia's decision to green-light the sale of an advanced missile defense system to Iran. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu slammed the deal, saying it would only bolster Iran's regional aggressions.
"It's the Israeli leadership's choice. It's their right to do what they think is appropriate. If (the arms they choose to sell) are lethal weapons, I think it will be counterproductive. It will only lead to another round of conflicts, to a rise in the number of victims, and the outcome will be the same," Putin reportedly told state-run media Saturday.
5. Israel analysts shocked by Obama's comments on sanctions, S-300 supply - Times of Israel sraeli analysts expressed shock and amazement Friday night at US President Barack Obama's stated openness to Iran's demand for the immediate lifting of all economic sanctions, and his defense of Russia's agreement to supply a sophisticated air defense system to Iran.
"Jaws dropped" around the studio, said the Channel 10 News diplomatic commentator Ben Caspit, as news broke of Obama's declared empathy for Russian President Vladimir Putin's decision to supply Tehran with the S-300 missile defense system.
"Obama is something else," Caspit added. "He's decided to take America out of the wars. . ."
The station's news anchor, Alon Ben David, chipped in, "He's amazed that the Russians honored an agreement with him [for this long]? That's what is astonishing."
Responded Caspit, "This is the new America. We had better get used to it." (Read more)
6. Iran marks Army Day with cries of 'Death to Israel, US' - Times of Israel
Iran on Saturday marked Army Day with a military parade featuring new weapons systems, as well as a truck carrying a massive banner reading "Death to Israel." A televised broadcast of the parade was punctuated by repeated cries of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel."
"If Israel makes a mistake," the announcer on Iran television said during the broadcast, as heavy trucks carrying armored personnel carriers rolled past, "those in Tel Aviv and Haifa will not sleep at night, not one person." (Read more)
For Pastors: STAND FOR MARRIAGE (1)
STAND FOR MARRIAGE:
Religious Freedom at Risk
Sunday, April 26th
Resources now available for pastors
Two major ministries are now providing resources to help pastors prepare for STAND FOR MARRIAGE SUNDAY, coming up this Sunday, April 26th.
Please find below information provided by the Family Research Council. Our next article shares news from the second ministry that is now focused on this "battle" for traditional marriage: Intercessors for America.
The Family Research Council has material available on its website to help you promote STAND FOR MARRIAGE SUNDAY, including sermon topics, bulletin inserts, and a brief video to capture the vision for this day.
To view the video, please go here.
To view (and print) the bulletin insert, please go here.
To view the numerous "sermon starters," please go here.
> > > Most importantly, we join the Family Research Council to encourage you to call your own congregation to a time of prayer and fasting so that traditional marriage will be upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court next week.
For Pastors: STAND FOR MARRIAGE (2)
Intercessors for America provides prayer guides for
"Stand for Marriage Week," April 26th - 30th.
ntercessors for America invites people across the country to join in recognizing the Sanctity of Marriage with days of fasting and prayer during the week of April 26-30. This time period is prior to the U.S. Supreme Court's schedule to hear oral arguments on same-sex marriage. The monumental ruling will affect the entire country.
Join IFA in recognizing and praying for the strengthening of the marriage bond across America and to intercede with God against a distorted Supreme Court ruling that would trample on divine law.
We invite you to sign up to receive a series of encouraging devotionals to assist in focusing our prayers into a unified appeal to God to uphold His word. We will pray specifically that the U.S. Supreme Court will not sacrifice biblical foundations on the altar of political expediency.
In God's plan, marriage is the most successful social institution ever given to mankind. It has worked for thousands of years, and IFA believes it will continue to work without being redefined. God's direction to the first couple was that they "be fruitful and multiply" to populate the earth with others just like themselves. Only a man and a woman can do that.
Download free prayer resource: CLICK HERE.
[Note from the editor: this is EXCELLENT!!]
To sign up to receive the daily prayers during Sanctity of Marriage Week, please go here.
THANK YOU, INTERCESSORS FOR AMERICA!
Rabbi Jonathan Cahn Speaks at the U.N.
Faith Leaders Tell UN That Christian Persecution is the "Greatest Crises" on Earth Today
"One of the first people of the age to ever help persecuted Christians was the apostle Paul. Paul was a Jewish Believer. So as Jewish Believers it is part of our heritage and calling to speak out on behalf of those who are persecuted." -Rabbi Jonathan Cahn
(New York, NY) - At time when the persecution of Christians has reached "historic proportions," Rabbi Jonathan Cahn and other faith leaders will address the United Nations on Friday about what Cahn calls one of the "greatest crises in the modern age."
"The persecution of Believers has increased to historic proportions," said Cahn, The New York Times best-selling author of The Harbinger and The Mystery of the Shemitah. "It is happening all around the world. It has become one of the greatest crises in the modern age.
"And yet very few are doing anything to stop it, to curtail it or even to protect the innocent. That's the purpose of the event at the United Nations - to make a plea to the nations to not sit idly by as innocent people, men, women and children are perishing."
At the event in New York City, ambassadors, Christian and Jewish leaders, businessmen and high-ranking military officials will speak out against the worsening Christian persecution in the Middle East and around the globe. The symposium is called "The Persecution of Christians Globally: A Threat to International Peace and Security."
Sponsored by the Global Strategic Alliance, the Eng Aja Eze Foundation and the National Israel Hispanic Coalition, some of the speakers include Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, Family Research Council Executive Vice President Lt. Gen. (Ret.) William G. Boykin, Archbishop Bernadito C. Auza, the Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the U.N., Charisma founding editor and publisher Steve Strang, and María Cristina Perceval, the new Permanent Representative of Argentina to the U.N.
. . . The historic event comes amid growing concerns regarding widespread crucifixions, beheadings, immolations, kidnappings and the torture of Christians in the Middle East by the Islamic State, or ISIS. In the last couple of years, thousands have died at the hands of ISIS - more than 24,000 in the first eight months of 2014 alone, according to a U.N. report.
The slaughter of Christians in the Middle East isn't just a recent phenomenon, though. A century ago, Middle Eastern Christians represented about 20 percent of the population. Now they represent about 4 percent. In Iraq before the Gulf War, there were about 1.4 million Christians. Today, there are only about 200,000 left. "We are literally watching the genocide of Jesus' followers in the Middle East," Strang wrote in "The Strang Report."
On his blog this week, New York Times bestselling author Joel Rosenberg wrote the "persecution of Christians is worse than ever." "We are living in a time of unprecedented persecution of Christians in the Middle East and around the world," Rosenberg wrote. "The Lord Jesus warned His disciples that they would be persecuted, and that persecution would intensify as the time of His return drew near. Today, we are seeing His prophecies come to pass as never before."
Kevin Jessip, president of the Global Strategic Alliance, a Wellington, Florida-based ministry that stands against anti-Semitism and the campaign to delegitimize the nation of Israel, said ISIS is seeking to abolish Israel and is a growing menace to Jews and Christians and religious minorities in the Middle East and throughout the world.
"The Islamic ideologies of ISIS is a danger that mirrors the Holocaust aggression of world domination (seen in World War II)," Jessip said. "ISIS has declared Christianity as its No. 1 enemy. I think Christian persecution is happening just as Jesus said it would. John 15 talks about persecution, and I would say the persecution we are witnessing today is known in the Bible as the Antichrist spirit.
"I think what we are seeing here with Isalmic jihadism going on around the world is really an attempt by the enemy, Satan himself, to unleash an Antichrist spirit and create an Islamic caliphate worldwide, and their ultimate goal is to have worldwide Sharia law. We began to see this on American soil in Oklahoma when the lady was beheaded for not converting to the Muslim faith." (Charisma News) Read more here.
> > > TO WATCH THE UNITED NATIONS BROADCAST OF THIS PRESENTATION: GO HERE.
The Daily Jot
Monday, April 20, 2015
Prophetic implications of Iran, Libya undeniable
There are many differing views on how Biblical prophecy will play out, the timing of events, and how the players come together. One thing among several, however, is certain--that Persia, modern day Iran, and Libya play a role. Both are specifically named among the nations led by Gog against Israel in Ezekiel 38:5, "Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet." Verse 8 says, "...in the latter years you shall come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel..." Both these nations have been repositioned in recent years by the current US "president" to step into their roles, possibly accelerating end time prophecy.
Behind the guise of humanitarian crisis, the "president" used the US military and political maneuvering to back the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda to overthrow and destabilize the government in Libya. The result was a radical Islamic regime that has assisted with destabilizing not only Northern Africa, which would include the territory of ancient Ethiopia, but also reaching into Syria and Yemen. His policies then swept into Syria, arming Islamists with associations to al Qaeda and eventually unifying with the current Islamic State, which is storming through Syria and Iraq, taking spoil to fund its terrorist activities. Through the Islamic State, the world is witnessing first hand the brutality of Islam, the antithesis of peace.
The "president" has also aided Iran's ability to be an end time player by assisting it in buying time to develop a nuclear weapon. While the "president" is trying to convince the world that allowing Iran 10 years to develop its nuclear capabilities is a good idea, Iran is holding national military parades featuring vehicles decorated with signs that say "Death to America" and "Death to Israel." The "president" also said that he was surprised that the Russians had held back for as long as they did in delivering S300 missile defense systems to Iran. It almost seems as though the "president" and Russia are working together to ensure that Iran can maintain its nuclear program, which in turn, accelerates Iran's position in prophecy.
While the Shiite Muslims in Iran and the Sunni Muslims in Libya traditionally are at deadly odds, make no mistake that Sunni and Shiite will band together to come against their most hated enemy--Israel. The Bible says so in these Ezekiel passages. Interesting, however, that virtually the same language as in Genesis describing the father of Islam--Ishmael--"his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren" is found in Ezekiel 38:21, "every man's sword shall be against his brother." When the Lord defeats the Ezekiel coalition that they "shall know that I am Lord," the coalition turns on itself--just as they do when they are not fighting Israel. Sadly, though, the leadership of America has a hand in this, which also has Biblical consequences.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Sunday, April 19 - Saturday, April 25
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Our Grandmothers' Songs
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS
"Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:11-12)
Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
ye soldiers of the cross;
lift high his royal banner,
it must not suffer loss.
From victory unto victory
his army shall he lead,
till every foe is vanquished,
and Christ is Lord indeed.
Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
the trumpet call obey;
forth to the mighty conflict,
in this his glorious day.
Ye that are brave now serve him
against unnumbered foes;
let courage rise with danger,
and strength to strength oppose.
Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
stand in his strength alone;
the arm of flesh will fail you,
ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the gospel armor,
each piece put on with prayer;
where duty calls or danger,
be never wanting there.
Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
the strife will not be long;
this day the noise of battle,
the next the victor's song.
To those who vanquish evil
a crown of life shall be;
they with the King of Glory
shall reign eternally.
Worship Him here!
About the Author:
Words: George Duffield, Jr., 1858.
Music: George J. Webb, 1830
About this hymn:
'Stand Up for Jesus' was the dying message of the Reverend Dudley A. Tyng to the Young Men's Christian Association.The Sabbath before his death he preached in the immense edifice known as Jaynes' Hall, one of the most successful sermons of modern times. Of the five thousand men there assembled, at least one thousand, it was believed were 'the slain of the Lord'.
The following Wednesday, leaving his study for a moment, he went to the barn floor, where a mule was at work on a horse-power, shelling corn. Patting him on the neck, the sleeve of his silk study gown caught in the cogs of the wheel, and his arm was torn out the roots! His death occurred in a few hours. The author of the hymn preached from Eph. 6:14, and the verses were written simply as the concluding exhortation. The superintendent of the Sabbath school had a fly-leaf printed for the children-a stray copy found its way into a Baptist newspaper, from that paper it has gone all over the world.
George Duffield, Jr.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Your Beauty is Awesome"
Out of the ruins of a church in Egypt that was destroyed by the torches of the Moslem Brotherhood two years ago arose the voices of a generation who will praise our God, nevertheless.
Weep with us as you view this powerful video, made in Egypt but with English subtitles, and let its message go deep into all of our hearts.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)
Go here to view this beautiful testimony . . . from the fires of Egypt. Amen.
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!