Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, April 13, 2015
"You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light." (2 Samuel 22:29)
The Daily Brief
1. Clinton announces 2016 White House bid, asks to be 'champion' of America's middle class - Fox News
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sunday officially announced her 2016 presidential campaign, ending months of speculation and anticipation about whether she would seek the Democratic nomination. Clinton made the announcement in a YouTube video in which she says "Everybody needs a champion. And I want to be that champion." The roughly two-minute video begins by showing a cross-section of Americans working to get ahead before Clinton says: "I'm doing something, too. I'm running for president." (Read more)
- Abba, now that Mrs. Clinton has officially announced her candidacy for the presidency, again we ask for Your mercy as we begin yet another election frenzy cycle for the powerful position of the President of the United States. We know there will be much controversy and many untruths spoken during this time. We wish to elect the person of Your choice, and character, to this position. May we have ears to hear the truth, and discernment of that truth. May we use the "mind of Christ."
You have bestowed upon us to use wisdom and understanding as we cast our votes. We pray, even now, that those who are here illegally will be prevented from voting, and/or adversely affecting the vote. Give us the man/woman of Your choice to lead us out of this darkness and into the light, we pray. Expose the falsehoods and subversion of the enemy we pray, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. The lips of a king speak as an oracle, and his mouth does not betray justice. Honest scales and balances belong to the Lord; all the weights in the bag are of his making." (Proverbs 16:11-13)
2. U.S. to file complaint over 'unsafe' intercept by Russian fighter jet - CNN
After a Russian fighter jet intercepted a U.S. reconnaissance plane in an "unsafe and unprofessional manner" earlier this week, the United States is complaining to Moscow about the incident.
On Tuesday, a U.S. RC-135U was flying over the Baltic Sea when it was intercepted by a Russian SU-27 Flanker. The Pentagon said the incident occurred in international airspace north of Poland.
The U.S. crew believed the Russian pilot's actions were "unsafe and unprofessional due to the aggressive maneuvers it performed in close proximity to their aircraft and its high rate of speed," Pentagon spokesman Mark Wright said. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that the United States is contesting this action by this Russian fighter jet, which occurred in international airspace over Poland. We pray that Moscow will heed this warning and take appropriate measures that another incident like this one can be prevented. Father God, we also turn to You, in repentance, and we ask for Your angels to safeguard all of our aircraft, both civilian and military, while they are in the air . . . for this is where the angels dwell. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways . . . " (Psalm 91:11)
3. Obama holds historic meeting with Cuba's Castro, pledges to 'turn the page' - Fox News
President Obama held a historic formal meeting with Cuban President Raul Castro Saturday, the first between US and Cuban leaders in over half a century, pledging to 'turn the page' and develop a new relationship between the two countries. The two leaders shook hands Friday at the start of the summit and met Saturday on the sidelines of the a Panama City convention center.
Obama and Castro met for about an hour, with Obama telling reporters before the meeting that, after 50 years of unchanged policy, it was time to try something new and to engage with both Cuba's government and its people. "What we have both concluded is that we can disagree with a spirit of respect and civility," Obama said. "And over time, it is possible for us to turn the page and develop a new relationship between our two countries."
Obama thanked Castro "for the spirit of openness and courtesy that he has shown during our interactions" and pledged to do whatever he could to "make sure that the people of Cuba are able to prosper and live in freedom and security." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray that what is spoken here may be true and that no hidden plots or agendas will arise from this meeting. We ask that You rise up and expose anything that needs to be known, praying this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him." (Daniel 2:22)
4. Senators seek probe of claims US workers fired, forced to train foreign replacements - Fox News
A popular visa program allegedly is being misused by U.S. companies to lay off thousands of American workers and replace them with foreign labor. And, adding insult to injury, many of the laid-off workers allegedly have been forced to train their replacements, in what one anonymous whistleblower called a "humiliating" experience.
The allegations have caught the attention of a bipartisan group of senators -- including immigration hawk Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., and the No. 2 Senate Democrat, Illinois' Dick Durbin -- who are calling for a federal probe. A letter sent by 10 senators urging an investigation specifically cited reports of the firing and hiring practices at Southern California Edison, California's second-largest utility. The incidents are concentrated in the IT field, and involve American workers being replaced by H-1B visa holders.
In the letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, and Labor Secretary Thomas Perez, the senators urged the departments to "investigate the unacceptable replacement of American workers" to see whether laws were broken.
"A number of U.S. employers, including some large, well-known, publicly-traded corporations, have reportedly laid off thousands of American workers and replaced them with H-1B visa holders," the senators wrote. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we rejoice that these senators are calling for an investigation into this business practice, where long term workers are laid off but first required to train their 'lesser cost' replacements. Have mercy, Father, as there are many citizens in the US who need jobs and are willing to work hard but keep losing their jobs this way or are blocked from any opportunity to work because this kind of practice. This has happened for a long time, Father, so we again ask for Your help, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "The labor of the righteous leads to life, the wages of the wicked to sin."
5. IRS ignores deadline to reveal details of deal with atheists - WND
Just as millions and millions of Americans across the land are meeting the approaching deadline set by the Internal Revenue Service to provide all sorts of information about themselves, and that signature on a check, the federal agency is putting itself on a different level. . . one that is exempt from deadlines, according to a newly filed lawsuit against the agency.
The complaint alleges that the IRS was supposed to provide key information about a case in which it allegedly monitored various churches for suspected political activity, but refused to release details because the group that had complained withdrew its complaint.
The dispute already is the focal point of a lawsuit that was filed earlier by Washington watchdog Judicial Watch, which is demanding access to the communications that went on between the IRS and the Freedom From Religion Foundation.
The ADF said it's important that the IRS records on "its secret deal with an activist group to investigate churches" be uncovered. "Americans deserve to know what the IRS is up to," said ADF Litigation Counsel Christiana Holcomb. "The agency's unwillingness to produce these records only furthers the perception that it makes secret deals with activists that it wishes to hide from the public. The IRS's delays make no sense because we only asked for the same information that it already provided to Freedom From Religion Foundation. The IRS has forced us to file this lawsuit just so we can obtain what the agency is already legally obligated to produce." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this agency which is so quick to challenge an average citizen over their tax returns, does not appear to live by the same code of being forthcoming in turning over their own records. By this report those records have been requested multiple times but have been met with noncompliance. We rise up and take the blood bought cross of Jesus Christ and drive it as a stake through all the lies and questionable excuses rising out of the IRS agency, causing all falsehoods to cease. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Treasures of wickedness profit nothing, but righteousness delivers from death." (Proverbs 10:2)
6. US Capitol Building reopens after shooting suicide on western steps - Fox News
Authorities responded Saturday to reports of shots fired on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol Building, prompting the entire building to be placed on lockdown. The lockdown lasted almost two hours as police investigated the shooting, which was later confirmed to be a suicide. Officials ordered the precautionary lockdown after reporting the shooter had been "neutralized" and as police checked a suspicious package connected to the shooting.
Fox News confirmed the shooter died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The gunman killed himself just before 2 p.m. Sources familiar with the situation told Fox News the shooter shot himself in the head. It was unclear what weapon he used. . . . The source said there was no indication of terrorism. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we do not know what drove this person to choose the nation's capitol building for a place to commit suicide but we are thankful that it did not involve any further violence and destruction. We ask that You arise and comfort any who were traumatized by this event, praying this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; for the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught."
7. Top cop on Capitol Hill is out - WND
What many critics consider a reign of error is apparently over for the man responsible for keeping the nation's capital and lawmakers safe. U.S. Capitol Police Chief Kim C. Dine reportedly has submitted a letter of resignation to the Capitol Police Board. It's not known if the board has accepted his resignation. Roll Call reported Dine's resignation was confirmed by multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation. Dine was hired in 2012 to fix a Capitol Hill Police department in disarray but has overseen a series of mishaps and public-relations disasters.
WND has reported extensively on perhaps the worst scandal of the Dine era, the deadly shooting of the unarmed suburban mother Miriam Carey by Capitol Police officers and uniformed Secret Service agents after she apparently did little more than mistakenly turn into a White House entry kiosk, then immediately try to leave. She was chased by officers and shot dead in her car with her infant daughter in the back seat, in the shadow of the nation's Capitol on Oct. 3, 2013. Informed of the facts of the case, famed civil libertarian Nat Hentoff told WND, "[T]his is a classic case of police out of control and, therefore, guilty of plain murder."
Carey family attorney Eric Sanders told WND: "We wish Chief Dine well, but, his last order of business should be to fully disclose all documents related to the Miriam Carey case and voluntarily settle all claims against the U.S Capitol Police without the need of unnecessary and costly litigation." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, may this resignation allow the truth of why Miriam Carey was brutally shot dead be investigated and those involved in unjustifiable actions done at that time be brought to justice. Father, have mercy upon this woman's family. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Vindicate me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation; oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!" (Psalm 43:1)
8. Illinois tornado that killed 2, destroyed town packed EF4 punch - Chicago Tribune
The day after tornadoes scoured parts of seven counties in north central Illinois, killing two women in a small town that was destroyed, National Weather Service meteorologists sought to explain exactly what happened. What they found underscored the frightening volatility and unpredictability of such violent storms.
The most powerful tornado that swept through the area Thursday night packed winds of 180 to 200 mph, weather service meteorologists Mike Bardou and Gino Izzi said at a briefing Friday afternoon in Rochelle, Ill. The tornado measured a half-mile wide and traveled 15 to 20 miles on the ground, which Izzi said was "very unusual."
The weather service will continue to analyze computer data from radar and conduct aerial surveys of the storm's path to glean more details about what happened. For now, Bardou and Izzi said, radar readings and reliable accounts from storm chasers indicate the initial tornado, which developed about 90 miles west of Chicago, west of the town of Ashton, spun into a pair of twisters after the storm ripped through Rochelle and nearly wiped out the small community of Fairdale. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we first lift up a prayer that Your special comfort, strength and peace will enfold and surround all involved in this devastating tornado event. We also seek mercy, Father, from the viciousness of these storms that now plague our nation, praying this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.'" (Mark 10:27)
9. Brigadier General Massoud Jazayeri dismisses US Defense Secretary Carter's claim that under nuclear deal military sites will be inspected - Jerusalem Post
Iran's military sites will never be open for inspection under a comprehensive nuclear deal with world powers, Iran's Tasnim news agency reported a senior Iranian commander as saying.
Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Brigadier General Massoud Jazayeri said on Friday that Iranian officials have already announced "clearly and explicitly" their opposition to the inspection of the country's military and defense facilities, Tasnim reported.
According to the report, Jayazeri dismissed US Defense Secretary Ashton Carter as "lacking in understanding" with regard to his claim that a final deal on Iran's nuclear program would include inspection of Iran's military facilities. "The American side's insistence on attending Iran's military centers can be evaluated with regard to the repressed and unattainable wishes of the White House officials," Iran's official Press TV quoted Jayazeri as saying Friday. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank you that the enemy has clearly revealed his hand, and belied the statements of our own Secretary of Defense. We pray that this administration would see the clear danger that is now in front of them, and act accordingly. We ask this in Jesus' Name, amen and amen.
- "The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked, but He blesses the home of the just." (Proverbs 3:33)
10. Egypt sentences Muslim Brotherhood leader, others to death - YnetNews
An Egyptian court sentenced Mohamed Badie, leader of the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood, and 13 other senior members of the group to death for inciting chaos and violence, and gave a life term to a US-Egyptian citizen for ties to the Brotherhood. The men were among thousands of people detained after freely elected Islamist president Mohamed Mursi was toppled in 2013 by the military under Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, who is now president.
Sisi describes the Brotherhood as a major security threat. The group says it is committed to peaceful activism and had nothing to do with Islamist militant violence in Egypt since Mursi's fall following mass protests against his rule. Egypt's mass trials of Brotherhood members and people accused of links to the group, as well as its tough crackdown on Islamist and liberal opposition alike, have drawn international criticism of its judicial system and human rights record.
The sentences, pronounced at a televised court session on Saturday, can be appealed before Egypt's highest civilian court in a process that could take years to reach a final verdict. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise that these leaders of violence and chaos in so many places in the world have been brought to trial in Egypt and have been found guilty. May Your justice and truth be in the center of all of the ongoing process of appeal and carrying out of judgment. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may oppress no more." (Psalm 10:17-18)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. Hebrew Nation News Weekly Prayer Alert
To read this week's edition of the HNN Alert, please go here.
PLEASE NOTE: This edition includes the recordings of the recent Passover Prayer Surge. Please scan down the page to locate these two audio files.
2. Intercessors for Israel Weekly Prayer Letter To read this prayer bulletin, please go here.
3. Israel could send Iran 'back to the stone age' with electromagnetic bomb - TImes of Israel
Israel could destroy Iran's electric network with a specially designed electromagnetic bomb in the event of a military conflict between the countries, The Sunday Times reported on Sunday.
An electromagnetic bomb of this sort would be detonated above the ground, creating an electromagnetic pulse that would "disrupt all the technological devices working on the ground," an American expert was quoted as saying to the London paper.
The use of the new technology by Israel was brought up in discussions regarding a possible attack on Tehran's nuclear facilities, the report claimed. Such a move would send Iran "back to the stone age," the British paper said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we know that Your special land is intensely under threat of destruction from Iran's nuclear development. Therefore we see why this response is being considered. We pray that You, Father, will direct Israel's leadership about what You would have them do in this situation, praying this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- 'Save Your people, and bless Your inheritance; shepherd them also, and bear them up forever."
4. Netanyahu fears sanctions will be lifted 'immediately,' as per Iran's demand - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday evening railed against the emerging Iran deal with world powers, saying the inspections of Tehran's nuclear sites - which the international community has pledged will ensure it does not break out to the bomb - are "not serious." He also sounded unconvinced that the US-led world powers would resist Iran's demand for sanctions to be lifted as soon as the deal goes into force, rather than in phases, depending on Iranian compliance, as the US has pledged. "We see that the sanctions are being lifted, immediately, according to Iran's demand, and this is without Iran having changed its policy of aggression everywhere," Netanyahu said, according to an English text released by his office.
"To my regret, all of the things I warned about vis-à-vis the framework agreement that was put together in Lausanne are coming true before our eyes," Netanyahu declared. "This framework gives the leading terrorist state in the world a certain path to nuclear bombs, which would threaten Israel, the Middle East and the entire world." (Read more)
5. Likud, United Torah Judaism to meet as coalition talks resume - Times of Israel
After a brief slowdown during the Passover holiday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was poised to resume coalition talks on Sunday with a meeting with the ultra-Orthodox United Torah Judaism party. Netanyahu's negotiating team is slated to meet with the Jewish Home and Shas parties on Monday, Israel Radio reported.
The prime minister is hoping to sign coalition agreements with all of his prospective partners - UTJ, Shas, Yisrael Beytenu, Jewish Home and Kulanu - at the same time, Haaretz reported on Saturday night. The prime minister is therefore reluctant to make commitments to the ultra-Orthodox parties and Avigdor Liberman's Yisrael Beytenu until the details are finalized among the remainder of his partners, the report said. (Read more)
6. Winter revisits Israel with cold, rain, snow on Mount Hermon - Jerusalem Post
Heavy rains, accompanied by heavy winds and thunderous skies, poured down on Israel this Shabbat, canceling end-of-Passover hiking plans as well as traditional Mimouna festivals. Following an abnormally hot Wednesday, temperatures began to drop on Thursday - becoming uncharacteristically low by Saturday and accompanied by sporadic bouts of strong precipitation. Snow piled up over Mount Hermon in the North, accumulating to around 10 centimeters, according to Army Radio.
The wintry storm was caused by a depression and low pressure system that occurred unseasonably late in the year, Dr. Amos Porat, director of the Israel Meteorological Service's Climate Department, told The Jerusalem Post. (Read more)
7. Palestinians in Hebron region staging massive riots hours after killing - Jerusalem Post
Widespread unrest is being reported on Friday evening in the Hebron region hours after Israeli soldiers shot and killed the relative of a former prisoner who was being laid to rest in a nearby village. Rioting has been reported in Khan Yunis, Halhul, the Alliance Junction east of Hebron, and Jelzun.
The IDF is deploying significant reinforcements to these areas in an effort to quell the disorder. Palestinian sources are reporting that a number of demonstrators were injured in the Al-Aruv refugee camp. A Palestinian was killed during a clash with the IDF near the West Bank town of Beit Umar, according to Palestinian reports. (Read more)
8. Hamas: Abbas is preventing our reconciliation with Fatah, he should step down - Jerusalem Post
Hamas renewed on Sunday its call to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to "quit the political scene," saying he remains an obstacle to achieving national unity. Salah Bardaweel, a senior Hamas official in the Gaza Strip, accused Abbas of acting like a dictator "who lives in a state of personal intransigence and total refusal to share powers."
Bardaweel called on Abbas to step down and accused him of dominating legislative, executive and judicial powers. He also accused Abbas of "hijacking" Fatah and the representation of the Palestinian people, as well as refusing any attempt to end the dispute between Fatah and Hamas.(Read more)
9. Jordan raises safety concerns over Israeli airport near Aqaba - Times of Israel
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan expressed concerns over air traffic safety Sunday as it restated its opposition to the construction of an Israeli international airport near the coastal city of Aqaba. Transport Ministry spokesman Ali Odaibat told the official Petra news agency Jordan had notified the International Civil Aviation Organisation about its concerns over the Israeli project and to "stress Jordan's keenness to protect its airspace."
Jordanian officials have repeatedly raised issue with the Timna airport, which is under construction just 10 kilometers (six miles) from the Red Sea Jordanian resort town of Aqaba and King Hussein airport. (Read more)
Pray for Attorneys at the Supreme Court
Praying for the Four Attorneys who Will Argue the Two Cases Regarding Upholding the Ban on Gay Marriage -- now Law in 26 States -- before the Supreme Court
Rev. Pierre Bynum Offers Information and Prayer Points for the Four Attorneys Who Will Argue Both Cases About Gay Marriage at the Supreme Court
On April 28, the U.S. Supreme court will spend two and one half hours hearing oral arguments over four cases from four states. The Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Tennessee cases were all originally argued before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. The Sixth Circuit ruled that states had a rational reason and constitutional right to define marriage as between one man and one woman and to ban homosexual marriage. This decision ran counter to all of the other Circuit courts that have ruled to date. The High Court consolidated the states' cases and will hear their arguments, consider the overwhelming number of Amicus briefs from both sides, and issue a ruling - most likely on June 30, 2015.
Both sides will argue and the Court will decide: 1) Does the Fourteenth Amendment require a state to license a marriage between two people of the same sex? 2) Does the Fourteenth Amendment require a state to recognize a marriage between two people of the same sex when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out-of-state?
Pray for the Attorneys - Two attorneys have been chosen from among the four states' attorneys to represent them in defending the constitutionality of their states' marriage laws: John J. Bursch, former Michigan Solicitor General, will argue Question 1, and Joseph L. Whalen, Associate Solicitor General for Tennessee, will argue Question 2.
The same sex couples have chosen two attorneys to represent them: Mary L. Bonauto will argue Question 1, and Doug Hallward-Driemeier will argue Question 2.
Our task today will be to pray for the attorneys as they prepare what will certainly be the case of their lives, the outcome on which could hang the survival of many nations. Given God's warning regarding Sodom and Gomorrah in Jude 7, and America's role among the western nations, that is not hyperbole. Pushing the homosexual agenda upon the nations of the world has been a key component, if not the key component of the Obama administration's foreign policy.
[To read the full article, and all the excellent prayer points with Scriptures included, please go here.]
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned (1 Cor 2:14)
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death (Pr 16:25)
[Note: Prayers are offered today on behalf of the two attorneys who are arguing to defend traditional marriage before the Court. Prayers for the opposing attorneys will be posted later this week.]
Pray for Supreme Court Justices
In Advance of the Supreme Court Hearings about Gay Marriage . . . please pray now for the Justices
Today, and moving forward from today until the 28th, we need to concentrate on the Justices themselves, the individual members and all of the members of the U.S. Supreme Court.
We all know the importance of marriage, and many of us have studied the pathologies of the institution of marriage in our country over the past 50 years in depth. But it is these 9 men and women are the ones who will decide whether this country finds stability in the days ahead, or, whether it lurches into darkness and confusion from which we may never recover as a nation. If they rule the wrong way, religious liberty will cease to be in America, and a kind of tyranny that we have never seen or even imagined in our lifetime. It will be the tyranny our children inherit. The Creator's vision of marriage has already been marred in our land, with no fault divorce, domestic partnerships, special government benefits for those who choose to raise children without the benefit of marriage, etc.
Just yesterday, (April 9th), President Obama announce that he supports a federal law that would prohibit parents from obtaining counseling for their children who struggle with same-sex attractions. He is preparing the U.S. military for transgender troops, and has ordered the federal agencies to begin recruiting homosexual businesses to bid for all federal contracts. This is but the tip of the iceberg. Even before all this homosexual couples employed by the government, even if they are not "married" under the law, can collect spousal employment benefits. That is just the tip of the iceberg.
Now our task must focus on the Court - 9 people -- all mortals, influenced by their own egos, their own biases, their families and friends, public opinion, their colleagues, their former professors, great people from history they admire, their political persuasions, previous public statements they have made, etc. Just as journalists in the radio, TV and Print and Internet Press, do not report without bias, neither the justice vote without bias.
That is why, when Moses governed as the lone judge of Israel, and the caseload became impossible for him to bear, God sent his father-in-law Jethro, to give him advice. He said, "Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people: 1) able men, such as 2) fear God, 3) men of truth, 4) hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens" (Ex 18:21).
You'll notice that, even today nearly every employer wants to hire people who are capable, who are honest and who will not take bribes, and every judge obviously needs these qualities. But what is missing on today's job application the requirement most important in God's eyes: THE FEAR OF GOD.
Today, we must pray for each member and the collective court:
- May those Justices who fear God, prepare and rule in the fear of God (2 Sam 23:3), - May the literal fear of God fall upon those Justices who do not fear Him. - May the Fear of God be upon each member's staff: their clerks, their assistants, their friends, their families and all who influence them.
- May they collectively sense the very power and presence of God hovering over them, warning them of his righteousness and justice; warning them that they must give an account to the Supreme Judge of the World for their actions.
- May they receive visions and dreams like Abimelech, Pharaoh, Pilate's wife, Belshazzar; Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar, warning them of what will come to pass if they rule wrongly in this important case. May they be shown the consequences of their decision.
- And finally, may they, like Balaam, who was warned by God's voice not to take an assignment from Balak, to curse the Jews, be rebuked supernaturally as Balaam was, by a dumb donkey speaking, and an angel of the Lord, his sword drawn, ready to kill Balaam. When he met Balak to fulfil his contract, he could only speak the words God commanded him -- to "bless and not curse" the Jews.
May that power fall upon the entire court, in such a way that those who now lack the fear of God will be moved by the fear of God to vote in a way they would not otherwise have voted. Take the time to read 1Samuel 22-24, and God will stir you to pray. Read all of Hebrews 11 and He will give you faith to believe for Him to move upon these men and women in miraculous ways.
[To read all of this article, please go here].
Source: Rev. Pierre Bynum, Family Research Council
Pray for our Pastors
In Advance of the Supreme Court Arguments about Gay Marriage
. . . We Must Pray for our Pastors
Today, as we pray for the institution of Marriage and for the Supreme Court who will rule on a case that will either affirm marriage as Christ affirmed it, as a lifelong covenant union between a man and a woman -- or they will depart from 6000 years of Judeo-Christian Scriptures, religion, history and tradition, and redefine it as something altogether something else. The long term fallout of such departure would mean devastation to future generations of children for whom God intended permanent marriages to be the building block of families who would be the building block of society. He designed marriage perfectly and when it is honored, practiced and treated as it ought, it is the most beautiful thing in the world.
Today, we must pray for pastors across America, the men God gave as gifts, Shepherds to watch out for our souls, not just the particular souls in their local church, but the souls in our communities, our states and our nation and in some measure, the nations. His ministry, like that of his Master, Christ, is to shepherd the sheep: to watch over them, to care for them, and to protect them from dangerous predators, and to lay down his life for them, if need be.
Today, we are at a crossroads. Marriage is under threat. We are all responsible. But the pastors have a unique responsibility for this institution because of the unique role in it, both as ministerial official over it and as Shepherd of the flocks of God.
Pray for our pastors today: that they will rise to the occasion of this critical hour:
1) That they will pray themselves, as they have never prayed before in their lives. That they will cry out to God for this covenantal, organic institution that God implanted into the fabric of mankind in the Garden.
2) Pray that they will call their churches to prayer during these final weeks and lead them into aggressive but solemn prayer.
3) Pray that they will preach on prayer and marriage and lead their congregations into crying out to God for His mercy that our Supreme Court will not dare to touch that which God created and anointed. That the fear of God will come upon each Justice.
4) Pray that churches all over America would call their people to pray in groups, conduct round the clock vigils, fasts, solemn assemblies, and telephone conference calls-- all kinds of prayer.
5) Pray that they will not stand idly by but take action to make their elected leaders know that they expect them to take action if this ruling goes the wrong way. Remember the Religious Freedom Reformation Act that was passed by Congress in 1993, was to correct a wrongful Supreme Court decision that had led to the government abuse of citizen religious conscience. This is far bigger and if the Supreme Court does not rule aright men of God must lead the way to resist it.
6) May they lead their people to pray over each Justice, that God will move upon each one to persuade him or her to think and vote aright.
7) Pray for your own pastor and pray for pastors across America, that they will arise to their unique role at this moment. The Wolf is at the door. May our pastors be shown to be good shepherds who, when they see the wolf coming, will do what Jesus did!
8) Prayer that denominational leaders, pastors of pastors will arise, lead with urgency and call those whom they serve to likewise arise to the emergency we face, calling them to do what is written here. Many, many pastors have remained aloof form the cultural battles of our day but these are not just "cultural" battles, they are moral and spiritual battle for the soul of our nation that if they are not won on the knees of pastors and their people -- we will enter into a dark night of the soul, the likes of which we have never imagined.
(Submitted by Rev. Pierre Bynum, Family Research Council. To read the entire article, go here.)
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep . . . But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep." (Jn 10:10-13)
"And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Matthew 19:4-6)
A Special Prayer Request
A Special Prayer Request:
Please join us in prayer:
Holy God, we come before Your Throne of Grace this morning, asking for help in time of need. We come to You on bended knee, with repentant hearts, asking that You would hear our supplication.
We thank You, Lord, for all who are now fighting the fight of faith, that this nation and our Supreme Court will NOT demand that gay marriages be performed in every state in the union, and that the bans against gay marriage now in place will be upheld by the nine Justices of the Supreme Court of our nation.
Abba Father, we need your help.
We thank You, dear Lord, that in this hour You are raising up great leaders -- mighty men of God among us -- who by Your grace have received the courage and the boldness to cry out that righteousness will prevail in our nation. Thank You, God!!
We specifically ask that You rest Your Hand of protection upon Tony Perkins, Rev. Pierre Bynum, Alan Parker, Dr. James Dobson, Richard Scarborough, Mat Staver and Jay Sekulow, as well as their family members and all key staff, that they be protected from all forms of backlash from our enemy.
We include in this prayer all others who are speaking out to defend traditional marriage in America: leaders of ministries and voices in our media who uphold biblical marriage.
We plead Your Shed Blood over all, and we thank You that Your grace, Your mercy, and Your favor rests upon each one.
Abba Father, we ask, too, that You would hover over all the technical details of our mass communications networks in this hour, covering cyberspace with Your Shed Blood as well.
WE BIND EVERY SPIRIT OF RETALIATION, RETRIBUTION, REVENGE AND BACKLASH FROM COMING AGAINST THOSE NAMED, AND NOT NAMED, IN THIS PRAYER.
It is written: " . . . no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me," declares the Lord." (Isaiah 54:17)
And on each of their behalf, we claim this promise from Your Word:
"I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings." (Psalm 61:4)
We repent of trying to take matters into our own hands, and we turn to You, the Author and the Finisher of our faith, thanking You that You are WELL ABLE to deliver us from evil, if we but pray.
In Jesus' name we ask this prayer, amen and amen.
Spiritual Pearl Harbor
Spiritual Pearl Harbor
AN ARTICLE YOU MUST READ!!
On December 7, 1941 Japanese warplanes attacked Pearl Harbor in Oahu, Hawaii resulting in nearly 2,500 American deaths and 1,200 wounded. President Roosevelt, declaring war, called it a "day of infamy."
That morning 353 Japanese planes were launched from six Japanese aircraft carriers. The first wave of 89 Japanese Nakajima bombers were seen on a US Army radar screen at Opana Point near Oahu's northern tip. But the radar post was still in a training mode. Despite months of Japan's prior extensive buildup in the Pacific the radar post was not operational. Two privates on duty reported the sighting to a Lieutenant Tyler, a newly assigned officer in a thinly-manned "Intercept Center, " but Tyler presumed the sighting was positive; he believed the planes were the scheduled arrival of six US B-17 bombers.
Instead of the clear radar image of eighty-nine enemy planes Tyler saw in his own mind six US planes.
"There is a way that seems right to a man but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 14: 12, 16:25) "Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil." (Proverbs 3:7) "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)
On the "radar screen" there are dire reports: our nation is in the midst of great upheaval, governmental chaos, moral depravity, and the threat of economic collapse.
But instead of trusting in and honoring the Living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God on which this nation was founded, instead of turning to Him in repentance, our leaders with their ideological filters place human understanding above God's Word.
Based on a failed human ideology the occupant in the White House sees what he wants to see; he can't read the radar screen. And those seeking to replace him typically speak of human solutions, not time-tested Scriptural responses known to, and repeatedly used by, our founders. Those Scriptural responses include prayer, fasting and repentance. In an increasingly secular society where atheism is growing among young people, no politician today is speaking about spiritual solutions; they apparently don't want to appear too "religious."
In this vacuum the tipping point for our nation will take place days from now in the spiritual battle over same sex marriage. Arguments in front of the Supreme Court will be heard on April 28, 2015.
> > > Read the entire article by going here.
April 30: National Day of Repentance
April 30: National Day of Repentance
On April 30, 2015 we will have another National Day of Repentance. It will be a day to "afflict our souls" - to spend time with the Lord, to renounce our old sinful ways, to turn towards His Purity. "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." (Revelation 3:19-21)
On this critical day of repentance we will be joined by Christians in 30 other nations praying also for this nation to return to its Godly roots. Clearly one theme on which we can all repent is our personal and national apathy to allow the thinking on ungodly marriage to pervade our own thinking and our culture. After April 30, as the Holy Spirit leads, many will continue to pray, fast and repent for the following week leading up to the National Day of Prayer on May 7.
Pass the word for others to join you in repentance. In honor of George Washington's inauguration on April 30, 1789 we are seeking 1,789 communities to hold at least one repentance Bible study or church service that key week. There are resources on the NDR website to support you. Allow the Risen Christ to dine with you personally or in fellowship with others. Joy follows repentance! And when we sincerely repent He hears in heaven.
Let us not commit Lieutenant Tyler's mistake. The radar screen shows enemy planes. "We do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)
Even if our national leaders are silent you and I as His People called by His Name can avoid a spiritual Pearl Harbor. In Jesus' Holy Name, under His precious blood, let's use His spiritual weapons to take down the enemy now.
God bless you.
Pastor Jeff Daly
National Day of Repentance
P.S. Are you called to be a "spiritual radar operator" in your community? The goal is to have at least 1,789 communities hold a repentance service between April 30 and May 6. Please email so that we can support you and can encourage others . . .
Grace in the face of persecution
Families of 21 Egyptians Martyred in Libya Show Grace
in the face of persecution
The church was full of mourners. The cries were widespread but faint. Most of the weeping was silent. The faces were long and sad and the mood was bleak. This was the memorial service of the 21 Coptic Egyptian Christians who were beheaded by Islamic State (ISIS) in Libya.
All of a sudden in the middle of the memorial mass in the national cathedral, an ululation erupted. This is the special sound created by the tongue inside the cheeks that is used in weddings and engagement parties, not during funerals for sure. Then another one and another one. People start clapping. People were expressing their faith that those 21 murdered Christians were martyrs and for sure they were going to heaven. In that gruesome video that depicted the beheadings, many of the victims were looking up to the sky and whispering the name of Jesus just before they were killed.
In that church there were no calls for revenge or retribution. Only forgiveness and love. The worshipers started praying for the murderers, asking God to forgive them and grant them salvation.
woman who lost two of her sons to that massacre was asked in an interview on TV, "What would you do if you see one of your sons' murderers?" She replied, "I would invite him in and pray for him and with him asking God to open his eyes and erase the hatred from his soul and replace it with love for God's creatures." That does not seem normal. (Read more here)
(Source: Article by Nash Naam in the Effingham Daily News)
- Father, we continue to thank You for the amazing witness, strength, grace and courage being demonstrated by the family members of those 21 who were slain on a sandy beach in Libya. May their reward be great with You now . . . and in heaven! Amen.
- "I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4)
The Good News Corner
Slaves' "Prayer Bowls Over America" Echo 150 Years After the Civil War
"It begins with a 200 year-old black kettle pot, used by my Christian slave forbearers in Lake Providence, Louisiana. While used for cooking and washing clothes during the day, this kettle was secretly used for prayer . . ." - Will Ford
(Dallas, TX) - The American Civil War finally came to an end 150 years ago recently, on April 9, 1865. Reflecting on this moves my heart in a profound way, partly because of the sacrifice of prayer in my family - who were formerly slaves.
I believe their prayers led personally to my freedom, and nationally delivered a nation from God's judgment. It's a testimony of great spiritual inheritance, a story so large it's difficult to share. . . (Breaking Christian News) Read more here.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
ALL HAIL THE POWER OF JESUS' NAME
"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:9-11)
In these perilous times, when all that can be shaken is being shaken, let us return to the "faith of our fathers" and sing the hymns and songs of old.
May we each draw strength in our own time, as we "dig the wells of treasure" to draw upon the strength that carried our ancestors through their own perilous times. Amen.
All hail the power of Jesus' Name! Let angels prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all.
Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown Him Lord of all.
Let highborn seraphs tune the lyre, and as they tune it, fall
Before His face Who tunes their choir, and crown Him Lord of all.
Before His face Who tunes their choir, and crown Him Lord of all.
Crown Him, ye morning stars of light, who fixed this floating ball;
Now hail the strength of Israel's might, and crown Him Lord of all.
Now hail the strength of Israel's might, and crown Him Lord of all.
Crown Him, ye martyrs of your God, who from His altar call;
Extol the Stem of Jesse's Rod, and crown Him Lord of all.
Extol the Stem of Jesse's Rod, and crown Him Lord of all.
Ye seed of Israel's chosen race, ye ransomed from the fall,
Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all.
Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all.
Hail Him, ye heirs of David's line, whom David Lord did call,
The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all,
The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all.
(To read all the lyrics of this mighty hymn, please go here.)
Worship our Lord as Lord of All by going here!
About the Author:
Words: Edward Perronet, 1779
Music: Oliver Holden; 1793
About the Hymn:
One of the most dramatic instances of [this hymn's] use was found in the experience of the Rev. E. P. Scott in India. His friends had urged him not to venture near a certain barbarous inland tribe, whom he wished to evangelize. But he went forth with high courage, never wavering in his duty, and trusting in God to protect him. When at last he reached their country among the hills, he came upon a company of these savages. Immediately they surrounded him, pointing their spears at him with threatening scowls. He had nothing in his hand but his violin; and so, closing his eyes, he began to play and sing, "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name." When at last he opened his eyes he expected to be killed instantly. But his life had been spared through the singing of the hymn. Their spears had dropped, and they received him first with curiosity and interest, and then later with eagerness, as he told them the gospel story and won their hearts to the will of Jesus Christ.
Signs and Wonders
Japan: Dolphin Beaching 'Sign of Tsunami Earthquake',
Say Twitterati Fearing 2011-Like Disaster
After 150 melon-headed whales, also known as electra dolphins, were beached in Japan on Friday, many netizens are seeing the incident as an ominous sign of a tsunami similar to the 2011 disaster.
Posts on Twitter suggested that a similar beaching of dolphins had preceded the deadly 9.0 magnitude earthquake in 2011 that caused a devastating tsunami, claiming more than 15,000 lives.
In March 2011, about 50 electra dolphins were reportedly beached in the Ibaraki prefecture, in a similar region as Friday's beaching, but it is unclear if the phenomemon was linked to the earthquake.
In another incident in New Zealand the same year, about 100 pilot whales were beached on 20 February, and two days later, a large earthquake hit the city of Christchurch, according to AFP.
As the reasons for the latest beaching incident are still unclear, several Twitterati are assuming the worst, without scientific claims, even predicting a tsunami on Sunday (i.e., yesterday).
The Japan Meteorlogical Agency has however said that there are no tsunami warnings in effect at present. (International Business Times) Read more here.
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Today we wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Jim Costa (CA)
Rep. Susan A. Davis (CA)
Rep. Ted Yoho (FL)
Sen. Robert P. Casey, Jr. (PA)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Lord I Give You My Heart" - Hillsong
Worship Him today and surrender to His will for you . . .