Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
"You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light."
(2 Samuel 22:29)
Breaking News! Senate Foreign Relations Committee passes S. 615, the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015, by unanimous vote! Obama says he will work with Congress on this effort. See Israel news, below, for more details on this breaking news, and thank you for your prayers and your action on this vital issue.
The Daily Brief
1. Congress Looks Set to Have a Say on Iran Nuclear Deal After All - CNSNews.com
Congress looks likely to get to review the Iran nuclear agreement being negotiated by the U.S. and five other powers after all, after the White House on Tuesday dropped a threat to veto legislation that was winning significant support across the aisle and looked set to achieve a veto-proof majority.
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee then unanimously endorsed a bill giving Congress an initial 30 days to review - and vote to approve or reject - the final deal on Iran's nuclear program, which is due to be concluded by June 30.
Beyond that review period, the administration would be required to certify every 90 days that Iran is complying with all of the terms of the agreement. Any violation would have to be reported to Congress within 10 days, giving it the ability quickly to reinstate sanctions that have been eased as a result of the deal. (Read more)
- Father, We give You thanks that all of our prayers lifted to Your throne have been heard. Thank You that the this agreement has been unanimously endorsed in a bipartisan committee. We ask that there would be unanimous endorsement in the full Senate and House. We thank You that our government is working as it should with checks and balances. In His Name we pray, Amen
- And when they heard this, they lifted their voices to God with one accord and said, "O Lord, it is You who MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM." (Acts 4:24)
> > > Please see more on this issue in the next section.
2. Lawmakers Emerge from Kerry Iran Briefing 'Skeptical,' 'Unpersuaded' - CNSNews.com
The Obama administration's success in persuading lawmakers to back its Iran diplomacy will be put to the test on Tuesday when the Senate Foreign Relations Committee marks up a bipartisan bill that would give Congress the right to review a nuclear agreement before it is implemented.
The administration has warned that the bill will undermine the framework nuclear agreement announced in Switzerland on April 2, which lays out the parameters for a final deal due to be concluded by the end of June. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Everything points to this deal as being bad. Bad for the USA. Bad for Israel. Bad for the Middle East. We thank You that the Senate Foreign Relations Committee has unanimously endorsed the bill giving Congress an initial review. We pray that the bill passes unanimously in the full Senate and House. We thank You for the wisdom, knowledge, understanding and discernment that You give our lawmakers. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "For if you cry for discernment, Lift your voice for understanding . . . For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." (Proverbs 2:3,6)
3. Obama, Iraq's Abadi to discuss Islamic State fight in White House meeting - Reuters
Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi and President Barack Obama will discuss the fight against Islamic State on Tuesday at a White House meeting likely to be dominated by Iraqi requests for U.S. arms and tension over Iran's role on the battlefield. (Read more)
- Abba Father, We thank You for President Obama's strong words to Iran telling them that any help from them has to be in agreement with Baghdad, and that Baghdad is in charge. "It needs to be help that is not simply coordinated with the Iraqi government, but ultimately is answerable to the Iraqi government and is funneled through the chain of command." We thank You that according to PM al-Abadi: This is a war that is fought with Iraqi blood with help from the coalition forces and regional countries. Let all be done in this dangerous region of our world, according to Your will only. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "You answered me and said, 'The thing which you have said to do is good.'" (Deuteronomy 1:14)
4. Pentagon: ISIL pushed out of 25% of its territory - USA Today
Iraqi forces have pushed the Islamic State out of about 25% of the territory seized during the militants' lightning advance last year, according to a Pentagon assessment released Monday. The area represents 5,000 to 6,500 square miles in northern and central Iraq, the assessment said. (Read more)
- Abba Father, We thank You that the coalition of disparate forces of Shi'ite Iraqi, Iranian and Kurdish militias have driven Sunni ISIS out of the territory seized during ISIS lightening advance. But Iran is creeping into Iraq by helping Baghdad achieve wins against ISIS. President Obama has been unable to influence Baghdad's dependence on Iran. President Obama's reticence in engaging ISIS in Iraq has led Iraq to turn to Iran. Lord, Iraq depends on these militias because their military is being rebuilt after the shambles ISIS left it in. Lord, we ask that the finger of God not take its presence off of this Middle East conflict. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you." (Luke 11:22)
5. Jordan's King Abdullah II says airstrikes increasing inside Syria and Iraq - Fox News
Jordan's King Abdullah II said Monday that airstrikes have increased inside Syria and Iraq following the murder of a Jordanian pilot burned to death earlier this year by Islamic State terrorists. Abdullah, who was interviewed on "Special Report with Bret Baier," said he has not ruled out using ground troops inside Iraq. He also talked about the possibility of taking out ISIS fighters one stronghold at a time.
"We stepped up big time. We are at the moment he only Arab country in Syria alongside the United States," Abdullah told Baier. "We are the only Arab country operating alongside the Iraqis in Iraq alongside the coalition. As the Iraqis and the coalition increase their tempo for the next operation in Iraq, so will Jordan increase their tempo inside of Iraq." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You for the courage, the boldness and the tenacity being demonstrated now by the king of Jordan; and we ask that You grant similar courage to our own "king," Barack Hussein Obama. We ask this in Your name, amen and amen.
- "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6)
6. ISIS Threatens US in New Video: 'Today There Is No Safety for Any American on the Globe' - Christian Post
ISIS has released a new propaganda video warning Americans that there is "no safety" for any citizen, and threatening another Sept. 11-style attack.
"America thinks it's safe because of the geographical location," the video states. "Thus you see it invades the Muslim lands, and it thinks that the army of the Jihad won't reach in their lands. But the dream of the American to have safety became a mirage. Today there is no safety for any American on the globe. The mujahedeen before, although they had less resources, attacked New York and bombed the Twin Towers in September 11 attacks. That blessed incursion was a fatal blow. All praise is due to Allah, the American economy was shaken."
The video also features footage of ISIS' attacks throughout the Middle East as well as the planes flying into the Twin Towers. The attack on Canada's Parliament Hill was also featured in the video, as was the testimony of French gunman Amedy Coulibably, who took part in the French massacres earlier this year. ISIS' multiple beheadings and the burning of Jordanian pilot Muadh al-Kasasbeh are also featured in the video. (Read more)
- Lord God, help us to not fear when videos like these appear on the internet. We instead turn to You, the author and finisher of our faith, knowing that You are well able to defeat any enemy we face, as we seek You in repentance. Help us to be wise in confronting this evil force, all the while knowing that the greater One resides within each of us. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
7. Pentagon Concerned About North Korean Nukes Mounted on ICBMs - Newsmax
In the wake of a pressure campaign from Beijing, South Korea's defense ministry on Monday dismissed comments by a U.S. military official who said North Korea is able to mount a nuclear weapon on a missile capable of threatening the U.S. mainland, The Wall Street Journal reported. (Read more)
- Father God, Beijing has pressured South Korea to dismiss comments by U.S. Admiral William Gortney about North Korea's ability to mount a nuclear weapon on a missile capable of threatening the US mainland. The reason is that Beijing does not want the US to deploy a Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAD) battery to South Korea because it could be used against China. The Pentagon agrees with Admiral Gortney. Lord, we ask that You give the South Koreans a wake up call, and help them to see that China backs North Korea.
Lord, we also need to be prepared against a possible North Korean EMP attack targeting South Korea. This could result in 40,000 US Marines who are protecting South Korea becoming POWs because EMP attacks disable electronic equipment rather than kill human beings. Lord, none of this surprises You. You are still on the throne, and prayer changes things. We ask that Your hand of protection guide and direct us in the paths that the US should go. We also ask for Your hedge of protection for the Marines in Korea, and all of our Armed Forces throughout the world. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "Let the wicked be put to shame, let them be silent in Sheol. Let the lying lips be mute, Which speak arrogantly against the righteous with pride and contempt." (Psalm 31:17b-18)
8. Obama Recommends Removing Cuba From Terrorism List - ABC News
President Obama recommended today that the United States government reverse its long-standing policy designating Cuba a state sponsor of international terrorism.
The White House issued a statement declaring the administration's "intention to rescind Cuba's State Sponsor of Terrorism designation" several days after the president returned from the Summit of the Americas in Panama where he met with heads of state from across the region, including for the first time with Cuban President Raul Castro.
"As the president has said, we will continue to have differences with the Cuban government, but our concerns over a wide range of Cuba's policies and actions fall outside the criteria that is relevant to whether to rescind Cuba's designation as a State Sponsor of Terrorism," White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said in a statement. "That determination is based on the statutory standard - and the facts - and those facts have led the President to declare his intention to rescind Cuba's State Sponsor of Terrorism designation."(Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that Your own Hand of protection rests upon the righteous, for You are our only hope of security in the days ahead. Once again, we ask that You forgive Barack Hussein Obama for his naivete, or at worst, for his intentional actions that would endanger our people. We ask, Lord, that You would open the eyes of his understanding, that he would come to see evil men and nations for who they really are. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." (I Timothy 2:1-2)
9. Labor Dept. Pledges $13 Million to Promote Employment for Youth--in El Salvador, Honduras - CNSNews.com
The Labor Department through its Bureau of International Labor Affairs has announced $13 million in grants to promote employment among at-risk youth in El Salvador and Honduras.
"The project will target youth ages 14 to 17 that are susceptible to the worst forms of child labor, as well as youth ages 18 to 20 that are susceptible to hazardous and exploitative working conditions, primarily targeting youth that reside in communities with high levels of crime and violence," the grant announcement stated. (Read more)
- Lord God, on this day, when so many of us are struggling to pay our taxes, we are grieved to see our tax money squandered on such foolish projects. We ask that You grant Your wisdom to our lawmakers, so that every penny spent by our federal government would go to preserve and protect our nation, and to strengthen the well-being of our people. Forgive us, Lord, we pray, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The foolishness of man ruins his way, And his heart rages against the Lord." (Proverbs 19:3)
10. Defense Department: The Bible, Constitution And Declaration Of Independence All Perpetuate Sexism - Daily Caller
According to a Defense Department approved "sexism course," the Bible, the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence all contribute to modern sexism. Those three cherished texts all count as "historical influences that allow sexism to continue," according to a presentation prepared by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, whose mission is to give a "world-class human relations education." (Read more)
- Lord God, this is a travesty! We thank You, though, that as we read through the entire article, it is revealed that this curriculum (and two more like it) have now been taken offline at the Pentagon "for further review." We ask that this further review would cause this study to be relegated to the trash bin of history, never to be viewed again. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3)
11. Ex-Blackwater guards sentenced to prison in Baghdad killings - YahooNews.com
A former Blackwater security guard was sentenced to life in prison and three others got 30-year terms on Monday in the massacre of 14 unarmed Iraqi civilians at a Baghdad traffic circle in 2007, closing a case that had outraged Iraqis and inflamed anti-U.S. sentiment around the world.(Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that this entire, ugly episode has come to a close . . . at least for now, as the attorneys are still poised to appeal this decision at a later date. We thank You that, according to eyewitnesses inside the Court and this report, the judge's heart turned at the last minute and a more lenient sentence was rendered. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The king's [and judge's] heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
The Middle East in Focus
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)
1. In coalition talks, Netanyahu insists on economic reforms - Israel Hayom
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would like to usher in a spate of economic reforms after his new government is sworn in and has communicated this intent to all other would-be coalition partners. Likud negotiators have told their counterparts that any coalition deal would hinge on them accepting those reforms, whose implementation would be carried out together with the designated finance minister, Kulanu leader Moshe Kahlon.
Netanyahu would like to waive the value added tax on certain staple goods and pass two budget laws that would spell out the government's expenditures for two years at a time. The first budget law would be passed immediately upon his government being sworn in, and it would apply to 2015-2016. The other would be in effect for the following two years, 2017-2018. Netanyahu would like to impose a tax on foreign athletes playing for Israeli teams and to establish a new authority to regulate the oil industry. (Read more)
2. [Regarding S. 615, the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015] ALERT! Israel's Iran point man pleased with US oversight bill - Times of Israel
Israel welcomed the bill unanimously passed by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee requiring Congressional oversight of any comprehensive nuclear deal with Iran, Intelligence Minister Yuval Seintitz said Wednesday. Steinitz called the new legislation "an achievement for Israeli policy," and credited Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's polarizing March address to US lawmakers detailing Iran's nuclear ambitions for the development. "We are certainly blessed this morning," he told Israel Radio, adding that increased oversight would prevent Iran from breaking the terms of the deal. (Read more)
- We thank You, Lord, that You have heard our prayers for the swift passage of this bill in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and we continue to pray over this piece of legislation as it reaches the floor of the Senate for a vote for passage by its full membership. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen! - "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name." (Psalm 100:4)
3. BULLETIN! Veto override fear spurred Obama to back oversight bill, groups claim - Times of Israel
WASHINGTON - The White House said Tuesday its decision to back a bill increasing Congressional oversight on any nuclear deal with Iran was due to concessions, but many in Washington think the about face is more about adding up veto-busting votes than the subtraction of controversial measures.
Supporters and opponents of the bill alike questioned the administration's narrative and hinted the move was more likely spun as a way to get the White House on board a bill apparently steaming toward passage no matter how many veto threats the president makes. (Read more)
- Lord God, once again we offer praise for this direct answer to prayer. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
4. Zarif: We're Ready for 'Irreversible Steps' on Nuclear Program - Israel National News
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Tuesday his country will resume talks with world powers on a final nuclear agreement on April 21 and is ready to take "irreversible steps" if the West does the same, AFP reports.
"My team, the assistant to (EU foreign policy chief Federica) Mogherini and the other representatives of the 5+1 (global powers) will meet next Tuesday to begin drafting the text," Zarif told a conference in Madrid.
He did not say where the talks would take place but later gave more details about his country's position. (Read more)
5. Israeli minister: stop unauthorized Islamic excavations on Temple Mount - JNS
(Israel Hayom/Exclusive to JNS.org) Israeli Construction Minister Uri Ariel (Habayit Hayehudi) sounded the alarm on Monday after the Jerusalem Islamic Waqf began earthworks on the Temple Mount, saying those excavations could inflict irreparable harm on Second Temple artifacts.
The Waqf, which has day-to-day control of the Temple Mount, said it planned to re-carpet the Muslim shrine known as the Dome of the Rock. Ariel fears the activity would result in excessive excavation, a concern exacerbated by the fact that heavy machinery is being used. (Read more)
6. Hamas consolidates its grip on Gaza as reconstruction stalls - YNET News
Eight months after a ruinous war with Israel, the reconstruction of Gaza has barely begun, and the Islamic terror group Hamas remains entrenched despite expectations that it cede some of its power to West Bank-based Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
The logic was that the Western-backed Abbas would be a more effective and credible conduit for aid. In addition, with Abbas wielding some control in Gaza, including at border crossings, Israel and Egypt might have been more likely to ease their blockade of the territory, letting in more goods.
Instead, each side has protected its own turf - Hamas in Gaza and Abbas' Fatah party in the West Bank - by clamping down on dissent. (Read more)
7. Is more going on between Israel and the Palestinians than meets the eye? - Jerusalem Post
The decision by the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories to allow Palestinian doctors to enter Israel with their vehicles has left some Palestinians wondering whether Israel and the Palestinian Authority are maintaining secret back-channel talks.
The latest COGAT decision regarding Palestinian vehicles follows a series of steps Israel has taken since its March 17 elections. These steps stand in sharp contrast to reports about growing tensions between Israel and the PA, especially in the wake of the Palestinian decision to join the International Criminal Court and threats to suspend security coordination between the two sides.
Israel's first gesture came even before the election, when Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon ordered water to be hooked up to the new Palestinian city of Rawabi. (Read more)
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
ISIS Camp 8 Miles from Texas border
Judicial Watch, a venerable government watchdog group, is reporting that the Islamic State (ISIS) is operating a camp some eight miles from El Paso, Tx. in the Anapra area near Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Judicial Watch sources, which include a Mexican Army officer and a Mexican Federal Police Inspector, also say there is another IS cell targeting the New Mexico towns of Columbus and Deming for crossing into the US. Judicial Watch says that a joint Mexican military-police operation last week found plans of Fort Bliss, Muslim prayer rugs and documents in Arabic and Urdu. The area is controlled by the Juarez Cartel, making such operations "extremely dangerous and hostile." There is more to this already alarming report.
Judicial Watch reports: "According to these same sources, "coyotes" engaged in human smuggling - and working for Juárez Cartel - help move ISIS terrorists through the desert and across the border between Santa Teresa and Sunland Park, New Mexico. To the east of El Paso and Ciudad Juárez, cartel-backed "coyotes" are also smuggling ISIS terrorists through the porous border between Acala and Fort Hancock, Texas. These specific areas were targeted for exploitation by ISIS because of their understaffed municipal and county police forces, and the relative safe-havens the areas provide for the unchecked large-scale drug smuggling that was already ongoing.
"Mexican intelligence sources report that ISIS intends to exploit the railways and airport facilities in the vicinity of Santa Teresa, NM (a US port-of-entry). The sources also say that ISIS has "spotters" located in the East Potrillo Mountains of New Mexico (largely managed by the Bureau of Land Management) to assist with terrorist border crossing operations. ISIS is conducting reconnaissance of regional universities; the White Sands Missile Range; government facilities in Alamogordo, NM; Ft. Bliss; and the electrical power facilities near Anapra and Chaparral, NM." Certainly, the US "president's" refusal to secure the US border with Mexico has not been ignored by the IS, much to the threat of harm to American citizens.
Something to think about: What will be your response when you wake up some morning to news reports that your child's or grandchild's school has been blown up by the IS, or the mall that you often frequent is under siege with IS terrorists beheading shoppers and piling them at the entrance? If that day comes, God forbid, the realities of Israel's daily life will become real to every American. We will also begin to see just how peaceful that Muslim neighbor is. In part because the US emotionally elected what a Marxist Islamist president. In part, because the nation has turned away from God. Pray to God we do not receive the consequences of our actions. But they are near, even at the doorstep. As Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Watch. Pray. Act.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Prayers for the Court: The Amicus Briefs
Prayers for the Court: The Amicus Briefs
"The first to plead his case seems right, Until another comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
Over a hundred and eighty briefs have been submitted, about 80 in favor of same-sex "marriage," about 50, against . . .
Dear Praying Friends,
Amicus Briefs or "Friend of the Court Briefs, are legal briefs submitted by individuals, organizations, businesses, states, even the federal government, that has an interest in a case before the court and hope what they have to say will influence the court. The often legally technical briefs reference case law relevant supports the position of the group or individual submitting the brief.
Some 300 veteran Republican lawmakers and officials submitted a brief in support of same-sex "marriage." Shameful.
Meanwhile Republican Party leaders who shaped the Republican platform have filed an Amicus Brief asking the Court to consider the benefits of natural marriage arguing that the states have an important interest in protecting and promoting traditional marriage and family as the foundation of a free society (leaders of the 2012 Republican National Convention Committee on the Platform and the Republican Conservative Steering Committee). They are circulating a petition among Republican voters to show that Republican voters support traditional marriage.
Pease join us in crying out to God:
- Lord, we know that the Justices will read very few of these cases directly, rather they will read a few, based upon the recommendations of their staffs. Please send you Holy Spirit to guide each staff lawyers, clerk and assistant. May they be moved profoundly by the briefs supporting marriage. May they highlight for their bosses the most salient and compelling pro-marriage arguments.
- May the Justices read all of the best pro-marriage briefs themselves, and may the Lord burn the principles of the most compelling arguments deeply into the Justice's minds and spirits. May they be so compelling as to change the minds of those bent toward same-sex "marriage."
- Lord move upon the mainstream media to read some of the compelling pro-marriage arguments and may they take a right turn in their reporting, giving time to these arguments, rather than serving to promote every left-wing cause and especially the homosexual agenda like they seem to do. May American public be moved, more and more, to support what God has given to us in marriage between a man and a woman, one of His most wonderful gifts to mankind.
Rev. Pierre Bynum
Chaplain & National Prayer Director
Family Research Council
801 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
> > > Please note: this is an excerpt of today's prayer points for the case regarding gay marriage at the Supreme Court, to be heard on April 28th. To read the entire article, which includes links to the lists of all the amicus briefs that have been submitted to the Supreme Court on this issue, please go here. Thank you.
Iran Prepares For War
Iran Prepares For War
Israeli media report that Iran has already stepped up shipments of weapons to Hamas and Hezbollah in preparation for another war with Israel.
Perhaps Tehran thinks it can intimidate Jerusalem into not attacking its nuclear sites. That is clearly what its new Russian-made missile systems are meant to do. Some analysts have described the S-300 as a "game changer." The Daily Beast writes that these new missiles "would render an airstrike on Tehran's nuclear weapons facilities nearly impossible."
One senior military officer said, "Iran, with the S-300, can continue to do what they want once those systems are in place without fear of attack from anyone save the U.S. Brilliant chess move. . ."
The Islamic regime sees how the Obama Administration has isolated Israel and sees how desperate it is to sign a deal -- any deal -- regarding its nuclear weapons program. It is predictably seizing the advantage, like any aggressor would do.
The War Within
The War Within
Radical Islam's war against Western Civilization and Judeo-Christian values has grabbed headlines recently with mass atrocities in Iraq, Syria and Africa. But what is often overlooked is the very real war raging within the United States.
On Friday a would-be suicide bomber was arrested for plotting an attack on the U.S. Army base at Fort Riley, Kansas. Unfortunately, such threats against the homeland are becoming more frequent than I suspect many Americans realize.
ABC News reported Friday, "Over the past two years, nearly 50 Americans have been charged with trying to join ISIS or are suspected of taking action inspired by the group."
A recent study by the Heritage Foundation documents 64 terrorist plots against the U.S. homeland since 9/11. We keep hearing that the American people are weary of war. The fact is radical Islam is still at war with us and increasingly so on our own soil. (Gary Bauer)
"Muslim Advocacy Day" on Capitol Hill
April 13th was "Muslim Advocacy Day" on Capitol Hill
(Source: Understanding the Threat)
The U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations (USCMO) spent Monday and Tuesday this week on Capitol Hill advocating their position as the first national Muslim political party.
Formed in June of 2014, the USCMO is made up entirely of Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas organizations - but that is redundant since Hamas is an inherent part of the Muslim Brotherhood. Hamas is the Muslim Brotherhood in Palestine.
Reminder: Hamas is a designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.
No surprise - the Muslims who will "represent" the Muslim community in our nation's capital actually represent jihadi ("Terrorist") organizations.
[Read more here.]
- Father God, we ask that the seeds that were planted by these lobbyists on the Hill this week fall to the ground and bear no fruit. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it." (John 14:14)
The Good News Corner
Denzel Washington: The Bible is 'The Answer People Are Looking For
... Give It a Shot'
In explaining why the Bible is a best seller year after year, Academy Award-winning actor Denzel Washington said there is something "tugging" inside of us, "telling us to believe in something," which is God, and that the Bible provides "the answer people are looking for" even if they do not realize it at first.
In an interview about an audio Bible that Denzel Washington and his wife, Pauletta Pearson Washington, had worked on several years ago, CBS reporter Tracy Smith asked, "Why do you two think the Bible is the best seller year after year after year that it is?"
Denzel Washington said, "I think that because inside of every one of us, we have something tugging at us, telling us to believe in something, to have faith in something bigger than ourselves. I think that that -- that we're born with that. I think that's natural, that's the God in us."
"And some people get misguided as to what it is," he said, "and they start believing in, you know, playing [Tarot] cards or whatever it is they're going to believe in."
"But that thing is gnawing at each and every one of us," said Washington. "We all have that. So we all search, hopefully, and this [the Bible] is a part of that."
"This is actually the answer people are looking for, they just don't know it," he said. "Listen to it [audio Bible]. Give it a shot, is what I'm saying. Okay?"
Denzel Washington argues that the audio Bible is very attractive because it puts the stories and the language in modern speech and it is spoken from a voice people recognize or know. (CNS News) Read more here.
> > > Note: the audio Bible is available on Amazon.com and features a star-studded cast of 400 performers, including 23 Grammy winners, 8 Emmy winners, 5 Golden Globe winners, and 3 Oscar winners. You can learn more about this product, and how to purchase it, by going here.
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang
Songs Our Grandmothers Sang:
IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL
"Praise the Lord, O my soul." (Psalm 146:1)
In these perilous times, when all that can be shaken is being shaken, let us return to the "faith of our fathers" and sing the hymns and songs of old.
May we each draw strength in our own time, as we "dig the wells of treasure" to draw upon the strength that carried our ancestors through their own perilous times. Amen.
When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot Thou hast taught me to say,
"It is well, it is well with my soul!"
It is well with my soul!
It is well, it is well with my soul!
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin-oh, the bliss of this glorious thought-
My sin, not in part, but the whole,
Is nailed to His Cross, and I bear it no more;
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live;
If dark hours about me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
About the Author:
Words: Horatio G. Spafford, 1873.
Music: Philip P. Bliss, 1876
The tune is named after the ship on which Spafford's children perished, the S.S. Ville de Havre. Ironically, Bliss himself died in a tragic train wreck shortly after writing this music.
About the Hymn:
This hymn was written after two major traumas in Spafford's life. The first was the great Chicago Fire of October 1871, which ruined him financially (he had been a wealthy businessman). Shortly after, while crossing the Atlantic, all four of Spafford's daughters died in a collision with another ship. Spafford's wife Anna survived and sent him the now famous telegram, "Saved alone." Several weeks later, as Spafford's own ship passed near the spot where his daughters died, the Holy Spirit inspired these words. They speak to the eternal hope that all believers have, no matter what pain and grief befall them on earth.
[Footnote: On this day when all of us are finishing paying our taxes, we thank the Lord for this song. Amen.]
Signs and Wonders
'Warm blob' in Pacific Ocean linked to weird weather across the U.S.
The one common element in recent weather has been oddness. The West Coast has been warm and parched; the East Coast has been cold and snowed under. Fish are swimming into new waters, and hungry seals are washing up on California beaches.
A long-lived patch of warm water off the West Coast, about 1 to 4 degrees Celsius (2 to 7 degrees Fahrenheit) above normal, is part of what's wreaking much of this mayhem, according to two University of Washington papers to appear in Geophysical Research Letters, a journal of the American Geophysical Union.
"In the fall of 2013 and early 2014 we started to notice a big, almost circular mass of water that just didn't cool off as much as it usually did, so by spring of 2014 it was warmer than we had ever seen it for that time of year," said Nick Bond, a climate scientist at the UW-based Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean, a joint research center of the UW and the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Bond coined the term "the blob" last June in his monthly newsletter as Washington's state climatologist. He said the huge patch of water - 1,000 miles in each direction and 300 feet deep - had contributed to Washington's mild 2014 winter and might signal a warmer summer.
Ten months later, the blob is still off our shores, now squished up against the coast and extending about 1,000 miles offshore from Mexico up through Alaska, with water about 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than normal. Bond says all the models point to it continuing through the end of this year.
The new study explores the blob's origins. It finds that it relates to a persistent high-pressure ridge that caused a calmer ocean during the past two winters, so less heat was lost to cold air above. The warmer temperatures we see now aren't due to more heating, but less winter cooling. (University of Washington) Read more here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
MY REDEEMER LIVES
- NICOLE C MULLEN
Yes, He does!
Two Daily Conference Calls
Two Daily Conference Calls
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Please note that the national prayer call continues every night with different leaders from different intercession ministries each night.
These prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST. Please join us by calling 1-857-232-0156; access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9PM.
This call sponsored by Breaker of Dawn has been going on since Sept 9, 2014 and every night it is a Psalm 133 call with different ministries joining together and most every night there are intercessors that represent our entire nation.
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!