Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
"The battle is the Lord's." (2 Chronicles 20:15)
"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." (Psalm 126:3)
The Daily Brief
1. Hayden slams Senate report - Fox News
Former CIA Director Michael Hayden is defending the agency's post-9/11 interrogation methods, saying detainees like 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed 'gave us kind of a Home Depot-like storage of info on Al Qaeda,' following the release of a Senate report that slammed CIA tactics as 'brutal' and ineffective. (Read more)
- Father God, we continue to repent before Your Throne of Grace that our nation has pursued these techniques of interrogation to try to extract information from our enemies. Thank You, Lord, that we are not a nation that beheads our enemies, but rather that pray for them to come to the truth of the Gospel, and to rescue them from darkness. We ask that You would grant Your own "witty inventions" so that the process of extracting needed intelligence can be accomplished in a more humane manor in the days ahead. We ask this in Jesus name, amen and amen.
-"I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions." (Proverbs 8:12)
2. Benghazi Select Committe Holds Hearing on 2012 Terror Attack - ACT for America
Today, the House of Representatives' Select Committee on Benghazi held its second open hearing, with a focus on "Reviewing Efforts to Secure U.S. Diplomatic Facilities and Personnel." Greg Starr, Assistant Secretary for Diplomatic Security and Steve Linick, The Inspector General, Department of State appeared before the Special Committee tomorrow, as witnesses.
The Select Committee's first hearing was held on September 17th of this year, and focused on "Implementations of the Accountability Review Board (ARB) Recommendations." Click HERE to watch some important comments Chairman Trey Gowdy made during the hearing about past ARB recommendations that have never been implemented. If you missed the September hearing, you can watch it in its entirety HERE.
- Lord God, it is important that the facts about Benghazi are determined - for the sake of the victims, their families, and our nation. CHPP pledges along with ACT for America that we will not stop praying and taking action until we learn the real truth about what happened the night of September 11, 2012, and until all of those responsible are held accountable. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- (Pray for protection of Chairman Gowdy and all witnesses called to testify). "For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."
3. Boehner: Spending Bill 'Sets Up a Direct Challenge' to Obama's Immigration Action--Later - CNSNews.com
"Tomorrow we'll pass a responsible bill that keeps the government running," House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) told a news conference on Wednesday. He indicated that Republican efforts to block President Obama's executive amnesty will come next year, when the a Republican-led Congress takes charge: "Without a threat of a government shutdown, this (bill) sets up a direct challenge to the president's unilateral actions on immigration when we have new majorities in both chambers of Congress. This is all part of preparing for a new American Congress, which will bring new opportunities to help middle class families and get our economy moving again." (Read more)
- Lord God, we understand that, on earth, there is quite a bit of controversy - even among conservatives - whether this bill is good for the nation. But in heaven, where You rule and where You reign, all remains in Kingdom order. We rest this case before the Courtroom of heaven, and we ask Your wisdom to guide and direct the new Congress so that all remaining issues related to next year's budget will be decided according to Your will. We ask this in Your Name, amen and amen.
- "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool." (Isaiah 66:1)
4. American (citizen) 'planned attacks on Muslim sites in Israel' - BBC
An American being held in Israel on weapons charges has told investigators he was considering attacking Muslim holy sites, Israeli police say. Adam Everet Livvix, a Christian wanted in the US on drugs charges, was arrested last month after an undercover agent discovered the alleged plot. Weapons and ammunition stolen from the Israeli army were found at his home. Mr Livvix was charged on Monday with conspiring with his roommate, an Israeli soldier, to steal 1.4kg (3lb) of explosives from the Israeli army and being in the country illegally. The Israeli authorities said the 30-year-old Texan was believed to have arrived in the Palestinian territories in 2013. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Thank You that You exposed this alleged plot. Lord, this plot would have escalated the tensions even more in Jerusalem. We ask that the IDF gets to the bottom of this plot whether it is terrorism or mental illness. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "In pride the wicked hotly pursue the afflicted; Let them be caught in theplots which they have devised." (Psalm 10:2)
5. China Takes Nuclear Weapons Underwater Where Prying Eyes Can't See - Bloomberg
China is preparing to arm its stealthiest submarines with nuclear missiles that could reach the U.S., cloaking its arsenal with the invisibility needed to retaliate in the event of an enemy strike. The nuclear-powered subs will probably conduct initial patrols with the missiles by the end of this year, "giving China its first credible sea-based nuclear deterrent," according to an annual report to Congress submitted in November by the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission. (Read more)
- Abba Father, We thank You that China has a no-first-use nuclear policy, but will only use its nuclear weapons to defend itself. We pray that China will use its nuclear-armed submarines as a hedge to any potential nuclear threats including those from North Korea. We pray that they will not consider the USA their enemy, but an ally. China needs the USA as much as the USA needs China. We ask that You would watch over this relationship. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, for they were too strong for me." (2 Samuel 22:18)
6. Chinese Hypersonic Strike Vehicle May Overcome US Missile Defense - SpaceDaily.com
Igor Korotchenko, Director of the Center for the Analysis of the World Arms Trade told Sputnik on Friday that China's successful testing of a Hypersonic Strike Vehicle (the HGV) demonstrates the country's potential to affect US national security in a serious way. 'US anxiety is centered on the fact that China is actively experimenting with weaponry that is based on hypersonic speed, which is nearly impossible to intercept using currently-available US missile defense systems,' Korotchenko told Sputnik. (Read more)
- Abba Father, it seems that according to this article China has started a nuclear arms race . Abba none of this surprises You. You know the plans of men and we know Your plans for us. Thank You for holding us in the palm of Your hand. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
- "For I know theplans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)
7. ISIS Trains 10 Year Olds to Use Assault Rifles to Kill, Sends Them to Iraq and Syria Battles - Christian Post
Terror group ISIS has reportedly released a series of photographs on social media showing children around 10 years of age in soldier uniforms being trained to use assault rifles and kill people. The jihadist group has been using child soldiers in its battle for territories in Iraq and Syria. The jihadist group has been using child soldiers in its battle for territories in Iraq and Syria. The Daily Mail published a number of the photos, where several of the children are seen using weapons such as AK47s. The photos apparently were taken at a training school near the Syrian capital of Damascus, which ISIS has set its sights on. (Read more)
- Abba Father, the Muslim world did not accept the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ's death on the cross as the propitiation for their sins and now they are paying the price by this demonic horde called ISIS. Come Lord Jesus come! In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen.Come, Lord Jesus." (Revelation 22:20) " . . . and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world." (I John 2:2)
8. Ouija Boards Become A Christmas 'Must Buy': Church Warns 'Don't Let This Darkness Into Your Lives' - Inquisitr.com
It would appear that Ouija boards are fast becoming one of the "coolest" and "must-have" Christmas gifts of 2014, but the church has fiercely criticized the trend calling it "absolutely appalling," and strongly warned people to "not let this darkness" into their lives. former exorcist Anthony Hayne was only too aware of the dangers of teenagers who "had been using Ouija boards and had let the darkness into their lives". (Read more)
- Abba Father, Forgive these children for they have no idea what they are doing. We stand in the gap and repent for this sin of delving into the occult with the Ouija board. We repent that we, the church, have not taught our children the evil of delving into the occult. We ask that you would send the armies of heaven to fight against this evil and protect our children. In His Name we pray, Amen.
- "To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things; From those who leave the paths of uprightness To walk in the ways of darkness; Who delight in doing evil And rejoice in the perversity of evil . . ." (Proverbs 2:12-14, 12)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Behold, I am YHWH, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)
1. Netanyahu, Kerry to meet Monday on Palestinian statehood - Ynet News
US Secretary of State John Kerry has invited Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for a meeting ahead of a UN Security Council discussion on the Palestinian-Jordanian and French proposals for declaring a Palestinian state, it was announced Wednesday.
Netanyahu will depart Monday for an impromptu visit in Rome to participate in talks with Kerry. Israel vehemently opposes the proposals, and the US is working to soften the wording to avoid a veto.
The Jordanian proposal stipulates an end to the occupation and the establishment of a Palestinian state, while the French one creates a two-year timeframe for negotiations, at the end of which a Palestinian nation will be formally established. Israel rejects both proposals. (Read more)
2. Knesset approves large fund transfer for settlements - Times of Israel
After the Knesset on Monday voted overwhelmingly in favor of a bill to dissolve the parliament, members of the Finance Committee on Tuesday issued a series of last-minute public funds transfers, among them an allocation of NIS 112 million ($28.5 million) to the Settlement Division, a government-backed body charged with managing Jewish settlement construction in the West Bank, and housing development in the country's north and south. (Read more)
3. ' Deep Concern' over Impact of Elections on Defense Budget - Israel National News
The State is "deeply concerned" over the Defense budget, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee MK Ze'ev Elkin (Likud) said Tuesday. In a joint session with Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon for a periodic review of the Defense establishment, as well as on the Defense budget, Elkin noted that a review of Operation Protective Edge in Gaza may be stalled due to elections - as well as budgetary decisions.
"The State of Israel faces many security challenges at this stage on the agenda," Elkin said. "The Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee is doing a very intense review of Operation Protective Edge, but at the present stage, due to the upcoming elections, unfortunately, the process will be slowed."
"If not, it is important that whoever comes after us will complete it, and so that we have most important lessons from the Operation," he added. (Read more)
4. Jewish lawmakers decry torture practices, welcome report -Times of Israel
WASHINGTON - Jewish lawmakers and anti-torture umbrella groups with Jewish affiliates expressed dismay at revelations of US torture practices.
"The CIA's actions a decade ago are a stain on our values and our history," Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), the chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in floor remarks Tuesday after the release of the report on torture she had authorized.
"Releasing this report is an important step to restore out values and show the world that we are in fact a just and lawful society," she said. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu faces leadership test in Likud vote today - Jerusalem Post
Poll finds Labor could beat him, Livni meets with Herzog, Lapid.
The Likud's 3,700 central committee members are to vote on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's proposal for how to elect the party's Knesset candidates Wednesday, in a test of his leadership, taking place at a critical time.
Netanyahu is facing a potential challenge from his former No. 2 in the Likud, former interior minister Gideon Sa'ar, who must decide by Sunday whether to join the party's leadership race.
The prime minister must also deal with an unexpectedly strong fight from Labor. (Read more)
6. Terror Attack Thwarted in Gush Etzion - Israel National News
Two terrorists were arrested Tuesday morning outside Tekoa in Gush Etzion, in yet another terror attack thwarted by IDF forces.
One of the terrorists was armed with a knife; an initial investigation indicates that the two had been planning to carry out a stabbing.
One of the terrorists is Muhammed Abu Eisha, a nephew of Amar Abu Eisha - one of the Hamas terrorists responsible for the abduction and murder of yeshiva students Gilad Sha'ar, Naftali Frankel, and Eyal Yifrah in June. (Read more)
7. Poll shows strong Palestinian support for violence -Times of Israel
An overwhelming majority of Palestinians support a recent spate of attacks on Israelis amid heightened tensions over the most sensitive holy site in Jerusalem, according to an opinion poll released Tuesday.
The poll also found that more than half of Palestinians support a new uprising against Israel, and that the Hamas militant group would win presidential elections if they were held today. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray that You will open the eyes of the Palestinians. Father, show them the lies that they have been brainwashed to believe regarding Israel and the Jewish people. Show them Your love and mercy. We pray for their salvation, and that Your Holy Spirit will rain down upon them and set the land ablaze for You! In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
8. Al-Aqsa speaker: The slaughter of the Jews is near -Times of Israel
A sheikh giving a spontaneous sermon at the al-Aqsa mosque recently called for the "slaughter" of the Jews, saying they were "the most evil creatures to have walked this Earth."
Omar Abu Sara was filmed at the mosque, located in the Temple Mount, on November 28. In a video made available by the Middle East Media Research Institute, he is seen addressing worshipers as the crowd mills about.
"Talking about the traits of the Jews requires one to get into a special mode, because we are dealing with people to whom every single vile trait has been attributed," the sheikh says. "They were the masters of these vile traits, and they taught their secrets to others. (Read more)
- Abba, we lift this matter to You on Your throne. Father, we know that You are the victorious One. The story is already written and finished. We pray for protection of the Jewish people. We pray that the plans of the enemy be thwarted before they happen. Father, we pray that not one event transpire without Your Divine authority. We pray that You reveal the plans of the enemy to the friends and leaders of Israel. We cry out for the peace of Jerusalem. We cry out for Your righteousness to be done.
9. Special Intercession from CHPP
Abba, we put You on Your throne as the Sovereign God. Teach us how to pray for the events that are happening in the world. Father, give us the words to speak and what we need to pray over. We thank You that when the words don't come, our spirits are groaning and interceding for us for Your Will to be done. Raise up Your army, God, raise up Your prayer warriors to join together in prayer in this important period in time. You are the Author and Finisher of all things, and we humbly pray to You, in the name of Yeshuah, amen.
The Daily Jot
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 CIA, torture, Islam, barbarism
Senate Democrats saw fit to expose to the public the interrogation tactics that the CIA uses against terrorists. Once again the "president" has come down on the side of the terrorists. He said, "The report documents a troubling program involving enhanced interrogation techniques on terrorism suspects in secret facilities outside the United States, and it reinforces my long-held view that these harsh methods were not only inconsistent with our values as nation, they did not serve our broader counterterrorism efforts or our national security interests." Basically, there is the argument that torture tactics don't reveal any useful information, so why do them? But this conclusion is not settled.
What is settled is that certain leftist members of Congress and those at the White House believe as presidential contender Hillary Clinton so radically put it during Fox News Sunday on Pearl Harbor Day: "Showing respect even for one's enemies, trying to understand and insofar as psychologically possible empathize with their perspective and point of view, helping to define the problem, determine the solutions." This is the mentality of the leadership of the Democratic Party--that America is wrong; we should empathize with terrorists; everybody has a point of view that should be considered. And this is the reasoning behind exposing interrogation techniques that might harm or deter our enemies. They say they are barbaric.
I have seen video and photos of mass executions, women and children being burned alive, children being beheaded; men having their heads sawed off with carving knives; crucifixions, women buried up to their waste and being stoned to death. This is the very public and barbaric face of Islam. US Democratic Senators are offended at CIA secret tactics mentioned in the report that included waterboarding, forced nudity, sleep deprivation, dietary and temperature manipulation and wall slamming. These tactics, they say, didn't always lead to good information. It seems that none of these techniques are as severe as what Islam does openly and brags about on a daily basis.
The president says not allowing such interrogation doesn't make us weaker. The double negative explains it, it already has made us weaker. What is the Christian response? If you love the enemy Islam, you will be subject to its barbarism. As a nation of Christians, America needs to have standards established by the Lord. There is much war prophesied for the end times. Jesus will return and many on the earth will die from his judgment. For those of us who are called by his name, Deuteronomy 30:19 comes to mind: "...I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live." As Solomon wrote, there is a time for war. It is a nasty business. We must choose life. That means defending ourselves. It's how we do it, however, that will bring blessing or cursing.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Introducing: Revolution 2014
Sponsored by Jon & Jolene Hamill; Lamplighter Ministries
Dear Friends, Last week, we joined with a convergence of many other ministries to participate in "Revolution 2014" - a conference like none we have ever experienced before!
Below please find the vision for this event:
In 1775, our forefathers began a revolution. They fought for truth and freedom against a tyrannical and illegitimate government. At the core of their struggle against the King of England was the simple yet revolutionary truth that men were "endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights. . .", and anyone claiming authority to violate these rights heard the resounding cry, "We recognize no sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!"
Today a new revolution is underway. Rulers are being challenged, kingdoms are in conflict and the landscape around us is changing. But the revolution that is needed today is not against the British crown, nor any government of man, for "we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." The revolution we need today is against the illegitimate kingdom of darkness and "any high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God". The voice of Jesus, the greatest revolutionary to ever live, beckons us to join the movement. A cry is rising from His bride, and it is the same cry that was raised by our forefathers; "No King but Jesus!" It is a cry of purity and devotion, a cry of freedom and breakthrough. It is a cry of commitment to the Kingdom of God and the King of that Kingdom above all else.
Representatives from across the 13 original colonies and beyond gathered for a solemn assembly, and together we released the Kingdom of God through worship and intercession, and see the darkness dispelled.
If you want to view our Revolution 2014 conference, it was amazing, uplifting and very current on what is happening in God's realm and our nation in this season. It's a prophetic conference so will be very different from something you may have experienced before. Let your spirit soar!!!
Just click below to watch each session of REVOLUTION 2014- which was the reconvening, if you will, of the 2nd Continental Congress last convened in 1775 of the 13 Original Colonies.
With Jon and Jolene Hamill, Dutch Sheets, Rick and Pattie Ridings
As Jon said at the end, it was like experiencing a year in 3 days. And it was like that.
Please enter in and partake.
ALSO, please note!
Gary Beaton and angel parable
Important Word for America
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
'Merry Christmas,' 'Happy Hanukkah' Allowed in Texas Schools
Texas schools now have a legal right to acknowledge Christmas, Hanukkah, and other religious holidays, thanks to the "Merry Christmas" law that Gov. Rick Perry signed last year.
The legislation allows people to say specific holiday greetings like "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Hanukkah" on campus.
It also clears the way for religious symbols, like nativity scenes and Christmas trees to be displayed on school property.
"That allows parents, teachers, students and school administrators to celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah in public schools without fear of censorship, litigation or persecution," Republican Rep. Dwayne Bohac, who helped write the law, said.
Bohac's young son recalls when those things were not allowed.
Texas leaders are quick to point out that no one is required or forced to participate in the acknowledgements. (CBN) Read more here.
[Also reported by: Breaking Christian News]
Signs and Wonders
Series of Powerful Storms Set To Hit The West Coast of the United States
A powerful set of storms not seen but once every 3-5 years will hit the Western United States, centering Northern California and Western Washington and Oregon on the 10th and 11th of this month, as predicted here at TriforceWeather.com in earlier articles about California getting a lot of storms this month so read on for those details.
If you are in the San Francisco, Sacramento, Northern California, Western Oregon and Washington zones, you are in a high risk flood potential on a series of storms that will impact the area this week. The first storm will hit Western Washington and Oregon on Monday and Tuesday followed by another on Wednesday as the storms keep piling into the region. This secondary storm will push a strong tropical moisture connection into Northern California on Wednesday night through Thursday, owning to very heavy rainfall for the area. Rainfall rates will exceed flood warning levels and we may need to issued multiple large regional flood warning products for the area. Be advised of this and stay with us for those details down the line.
The storms will cease some later Friday into Saturday but the storm window remains open toward the end of the weekend. (Southern California Weather Force) Read more.
- Lord God, friends in northern California are bracing for hurricane-force winds this weekend of up to 150 mph! Lord God, only YOU can protect these citizens from the wind and the rain that is about to hit their coast. Abba, we ask for Your mercy to rest upon those in the path of these storms, that they might be kept safe throughout. We ask this in Your name, amen.
- "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14:14)
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Sen. John Boozman (AR)
Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (IL)
Rep. Austin Scott (GA)
Rep. Mark Takano (CA)
God bless you all!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Hark the Herald Angels Sing!
Hark the Herald Angels Sing!
Glory to the newborn King!
Peace on earth and mercy mild God and sinners reconciled . . .
Daily Conference Calls
Daily Conference Calls
Prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
For details, go here.