God has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night. See Conference Call information below. (Is. 62:6)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, December 15, 2014
* * * Special Edition - UN May Vote on PA Statehood this Week * * *
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
US Secretary of State John Kerry will hold an emergency meeting in Rome on Monday with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss the anticipated pre- Christmas United Nations Security Council vote on a resolution setting a final deadline for an Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines.
Due to the urgency of this breaking news, we are going to publish our Brief tonight, as the "Monday edition." Thank you for holding this news in prayer.
"But the greatest of these is love." (I Corinthians 13:13)
The Daily Brief
1. Livni, Herzog Meet in Washington to Discuss Joint Run - Ynet News
While no agreements have been finalized yet, former justice minister Tzipi Livni is being wooed by both Labor leader Isaac Herzog and Yesh Atid leader Yair Lapid as part of the center-left parties' attempt to form a united front against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Livni and Herzog, who both traveled to Washington over the weekend to attend the Brookings Institute's annual Saban Forum, were seen discussing their potential joint run in the halls of the lavish Willard InterContinental hotel in the American capital. "I told my wife I was going to invest in some couplehood with Tzipi over the weekend," Herzog said with a smile at the Saban Forum.
The Forum convened in Washington to discuss the US-Israel relations and ways to achieve peace, with speakers like former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and US Vice President Joe Biden, but those in attendance were more interested in internal politics in Israel. (Read more)
- We are seeing a "divorce" in Israeli politics. Netanyahu got fed up with Livni and Lapid sabotaging and undermining him and he fired them from their posts. Now the coalition has collapsed and the govt must go to new elections slated for 3.17.14. The saboteurs, Livni, Lapid, and now Herzog, went to Washington DC where they were "wined and dined" by the Obama administration to curry their favor and to glean from them what strategies the Obama administration might employ to help topple the Netanyahu government.May ABBA'S will prevail! (Contributed by Hebrew Nation News)
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." ( Proverbs 21:1)
2. Boehner: Spending Bill "Sets up a Direct Challenge" to Obama's Immigration Action--Later - CNSNews.com
"Tomorrow we'll pass a responsible bill that keeps the government running," House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) told a news conference on Wednesday.
He indicated that Republican efforts to block President Obama's executive amnesty will come next year, when the a Republican-led Congress takes charge: "Without a threat of a government shutdown, this (bill) sets up a direct challenge to the president's unilateral actions on immigration when we have new majorities in both chambers of Congress. This is all part of preparing for a new American Congress, which will bring new opportunities to help middle class families and get our economy moving again."
Boehner said there's "a lot in this bill," but he didn't give specifics, nor did he say how the bill sets up a "direct challenge" to Obama's immigration action. Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), echoing Boehner, said the bill "finally sets up a battle in just a few weeks with the president on immigration and his attempt at illegal action - when we have a Republican Senate that can actually move legislation through the process that puts a check on this president and the things he's trying to do that are illegal." (Read more)
- Lord God, this article was published before the House passed this bill. We note that Speaker Boehner states that the incoming, Republican-led Senate will be able to put a stop to this disaster and yet find ways to defund Obama's executive action on amnesty. We leave this matter in Your hands, Lord, pledging to continue to pray in the Spirit until this matter has run its course. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "'This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt'?"
3. Parting Shot: Retiring Senate Democrat Takes Swipe at Harry Reid for Nuking Filibuster - Townhall.com
Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) has roamed the halls of Congress' upper chamber since before Ronald Reagan became president, but declined last year to seek re-election. One imagines, therefore, that he has some notion of how the Senate operates - or at least should operate. Before tearing into his own party during his farewell address, however, he urged the nation to stay hopeful and optimistic.
Striking a somewhat different tone, however, he also took a swipe at Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and his supporters for agreeing to overturn "decades of Senate precedent" by nuking the filibuster - a contentious maneuver Sen. Reid himself once vigorously opposed. "Indeed, it is protection of the minority that is the singular hallmark of the United States Senate," Levin reminded his colleagues. "The majority cannot always have its way. "
Sen. Levin was one of only a handful of Senate Democrats to oppose what members of both parties have called, at one time or another, a "naked power grab." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise to You that retiring Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) has spoken out about the nuking of the filibuster by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and his supporters which blocks the 'minority' party's counter protection when overwhelmed. As Sen. Levin says, 'the majority cannot always have its way' and this act was 'a naked power grab'. May the coming Senate membership vote to restore the right to have filibusters, praying in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding."
(Prov. 3: 13)
4. Boehner, McConnell face big to-do list in next Congress - USA Today
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and incoming Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., are working in tandem to tee up Republican bills for quick action in the next Congress, getting legislative proposals lined up and ready to go.
The two GOP leaders are eager to prove their party can govern - fearing a public backlash in 2016 if the political paralysis that has gripped the current Congress continues in the next one.
Boehner and McConnell will face a sprawling agenda - including legislative leftovers, such as a new highway bill, and new items, such as giving the president the authority to fast-track trade agreements through Congress.
Here's a look at a few issues that present their best prospects for legislative success, and a few that could tie the GOP in knots. (Read more)
- (We encourage our readers to read all of this article and to note the "hit list" of pending bills and issues that will face the new Congress when they are sworn into office next month. We understand that each member is ready to "hit the ground running" in order to advance bills that are beneficial to our people and, essentially, ready to pass. As we each begin to "stand down" now in this holiday season, to spend well-deserved time with family and friends, let us not forget to continue to uphold the new, 114th Congress before the Lord for His blessing and for His equipping. In Jesus' name, amen.
- "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes." (Proverbs 21:1)
5. Professor Jonathan Gruber's appearance before the House Government Reform congressional hearing - Christian Coalition of America
On Tuesday, Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Administrator Marilyn Tavenner testified before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on the continued lack of transparency with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Congressman Mark Meadows (R-NC) released the following statement:
"Today, Jonathan Gruber, the Obamacare architect best known for his insulting remarks about the American people, provided a rehearsed, contrived testimony before the Committee that did little to shed light on important questions regarding the construction and implementation of the Affordable Care Act. Mr. Gruber did his best to play dumb when questioned about his knowledge of a variety of topics from whether he predicted thousands of Americans would lose their health insurance under the ACA to how much he has been paid by the federal government for helping to create Obamacare.
After providing the Committee with 16 pages detailing his accomplishments and expertise related to Obamacare, Gruber spent 4 hours denying even the most basic knowledge of the construction and implementation of the ACA," Meadows said (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that You are the Judge of all things. We thank You that in Your Word, you do promise to judge the wicked for their arrogance. Let Your Hand of judgment now fall upon Mr. Gruber, that he might come to repentance and come to know You as his Messiah. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Your fierceness has deceived you, The pride of your heart, O you who dwell in the clefts of the rock, Who hold the height of the hill! Though you make your nest as high as the eagle, I will bring you down from there," says the Lord." (Jer. 49:17)
6. Obama Administration Releases More Terrorists as Other Former Detainees Suspected of Joining ISIL - Christian Coalition of America
Last week, the House passed the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which again included language prohibiting the Obama administration from transferring terrorists held at the prison in Guantanamo Bay to American soil. The Associated Press reported:
President Barack Obama's 5-year-old campaign to close the federal prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, suffered a major setback as lawmakers finalizing the annual defense policy bill rejected steps toward shuttering the facility. (Read more)
- Lord God, we do not understand the thinking of this president. The last thing we need now is to see trained terrorists, who only wish to harm our people, running free on our land . . . especially during this holiday season. Help us, O Lord, we pray. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- ". . . also I will subdue all your enemies." (I Chronicles 17:10)
7. US threatens Russia with nuke missiles - EU Times
The Pentagon has threatened Russia with redeploying nuclear cruise missiles to Europe, accusing Moscow of violating two arms control treaties. "We don't have ground-launched cruise missiles in Europe now obviously because they're prohibited by the treaty," said Brian McKeon, principal deputy undersecretary for policy at the Department of Defense. "But that would obviously be one option to explore," he added.
Washington says Moscow violated the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty and the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe. However, Russia denied the allegation and said the testing of a ground-launched cruise missile in July 2014 was in compliance with the INF treaty. Russia says the US missile plans across the globe are a real threat not only to Russia but also to the whole world, adding the missile systems harm the strategic balance of forces across the globe. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we do not understand why our leadership appears to be attempting to provoke Russia into a global war. Protect us, Lord, by rising up to confront them in the night as they try to sleep with all that they are trying to engender and the consequences globally as well as personally. Direct us, Father, both in our ways and in our prayers. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "A quick-tempered man acts foolishly, and a man of wicked intentions is hated."
8. Russia threatens response if US sets new sanctions over Ukraine - YahooNews
Russia responded angrily on Saturday to news that US senators had passed a bill calling for fresh sanctions against Moscow and the supply of lethal military aid to Ukraine.
"Undoubtedly, we will not be able to leave this without a response," deputy foreign minister Sergei Ryabkov told Interfax news agency ahead of a meeting between the Russian and US foreign ministers.
The Senate bill -- dubbed the "Ukraine Freedom Support Act" -- must still be approved by the White House, which has so far been reluctant to provide direct military assistance to Ukraine for fear of being drawn into a proxy war with Russia.
Ryabkov blamed "anti-Russian moods" in the United States for the bill passed on Friday, which calls for additional sanctions against Russia and the delivery of up to $350 million (280 million euros') worth of US military hardware to Ukraine. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we again ask You to confront in the nighttime the members of Congress who passed a bill to expand sanctions against Russia and to provide lethal weapons to the Ukraine. We ask you to crush and stamp down this mindset, which so easily may provoke a nightmarish nuclear global war which will be devastating to all of humanity. Mercy Father, we plea! We pray in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Arise, O Lord, do not let man prevail; let the nations be judged in Your sight. Put them in fear, O Lord, that the nations may know themselves to be but men." (Psalm 9: 19-20)
The Middle East in Focus
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)
1. URGENT: Hebrew Nation News alert
You will find the leading story on this week's HNN alert below. Please be sure to go here to read all of this week's report.
2. Obama Set on Obstructing Netanyahu's Elections - HNN/DebkaFile
President Barack Obama and his White House National Security team headed by Susan Rice have decided to seize on the political crisis besetting the Israeli government and the upcoming general election on March 17 for action to bar Binyamin Netanyahu's reelection to a fourth term as prime minister.
This decision reverberated through Future party leader Yair Lapid's assertion Wednesday night, Dec. 3, after he was sacked as finance minister, that Binyamin Netanyahu would not be next prime minister. He laid claim to the premiership himself.
The Obama administration has maintained close ties with Lapid during the foreshortened 22 month-life of the departing Israeli government.
The White House is still working on a detailed plan of action, but has lost no time in setting up appointments for the president to receive heads of the parties sworn to overthrow Netanyahu - among others, ex-minister Lapid, opposition leader Yitzhak Herzog of Labor and Tzipi Livni (The Movement), who was fired this week as Justice Minister along with Lapid.
Accounts reaching Debkafile speak of an outburst of joy in the White House over news of the Netanyahu government's breakup. It was seen as an opportunity to finally get rid of Binyamin Netanyahu and a golden opportunity to bring Israel back to negotiations with the Palestinians with the Obama administration finally chalking up a success. (Read more)
What does it mean? (Commentary from HN News editor)
You know what despots and dictators always say: "Never waste a crisis". The Obama administration has lost no time to capitolize upon the Israel government crisis and has set up appointments IN WASHINGTON Netanyahu's political enemies who want him out, including Tzipi Livni, Yitzhak Herzog, and Yair Lapid. Obama is now showing his true colors. He is undermining and sabotaging Netanyahu and his coalition govt. He is meeting with the very Israeli leaders who want Netanyahu OUT.
He will be very likely be "picking their brain" and talking with them about the best possible strategy to insure that Netanyahu will not be re-elected as Prime Minister and how to install a left leaning liberal PM who will embrace a Palestinian state. This is just openly a sabotage, treachery, and betrayal of Obama against Netanyahu; truly despicable.
3. Kerry arrives in Rome for Palestinian statehood talks; decision to be made on UN vote - Times of Israel
US Secretary of State John Kerry arrived in Rome on Sunday for a flurry of meetings about a looming showdown at the United Nations amid a European-led drive to push moves towards Palestinian statehood
US officials told reporters accompanying Kerry on his plane that Washington wanted to learn more about the European position, saying the US administration had not yet decided whether to back or veto any UN resolution on the issue.
Kerry was first to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Sunday, before talks on Monday with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
In a hastily-arranged pre-Christmas diplomatic whirlwind, the top US diplomat will also meet for a few hours Monday in Paris with French, German and British foreign ministers and the new EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini. (Read more)
4. Lapid: Israel should approach Arab League for regional agreement - Times of Israel
Immediately after the upcoming elections, Israel's prime minister should approach the Arab League and initiate a process leading to a peace agreement with the Palestinians and wider Arab-Israel reconciliation, MK Yair Lapid said Thursday.
The recently ousted former finance minister also went on the attack against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over his regional policies, saying that after nearly two years as a member of the security cabinet, he still didn't know what Netanyahu's vision is for the Palestinian question. (Read more)
5. Likud: A vote for Liberman is a vote for the left - Times of Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party lashed out Saturday against Yisrael Beytenu party leader Avigdor Liberman, saying a vote for the foreign minister's right-wing party was a vote for a left-wing government.
Earlier on Saturday Liberman said his faction was not looking for political mergers, but was also not ruling out sitting in a government coalition headed by the Labor Party's Isaac Herzog or by Netanyahu. He also jabbed at his former ally, hinting the prime minister did not take a firm enough stance against Hamas in last summer's war.
The back-and-forth underlined the increasingly bitter rivalry between Liberman, who used to be Netanyahu's bureau chief, and the prime minister, which could impact coalition-building prospects in the aftermath of the March 17 elections. (Read more)
6. Israel blasts Switzerland for acceding to Palestinians with Geneva Convention meeting - Jerusalem Post
Israel blasted Switzerland on Thursday for calling a special meeting of the High Contracting Parties of the Fourth Geneva Convention next week, which is expected to severely censure Israel for its actions in the West Bank and Gaza.
Switzerland, the Depository of the Fourth Geneva Convention, summoned the meeting following a request put forward by the Palestinian Authority after it joined the convention in April, following the breakdown of the US-backed Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.
The meeting is scheduled for December 17. (Read more)
7. IDF review of Hamas infiltration leaked to Palestinian site -Times of Israel
In a serious breach, an internal IDF video reviewing a terrorist infiltration during the summer's fighting in Gaza was leaked and posted on a Palestinian website and YouTube Wednesday. The footage revealed IDF code words for military positions, roads, and forces.
The infiltration from the sea occurred on July 8, a kilometer north of the Gaza-Israel border. Four Hamas divers were ultimately killed in the aborted infiltration attempt. (Read more)
8. In show of strength, Hamas stages massive military parade in Gaza - Ynet News
Hamas has in recent days stepped up its attempts at psychological warfare against Israel, test firing rockets out to sea, posting leaked videos of IDF investigations - and on Sunday staging a massive military parade in the Gaza Strip to mark the 27th anniversary of its creation.
The parade from the organization that has controlled the Gaza Strip for the past seven years included various units from its military wing, including a rocket unit and its naval commandos. As part of its propaganda drive, Hamas issued a video in which a silhouetted figure shows up at the end. Hamas claims that the figure is Mohammed Deif, the founder of the military wing who was targeted by the IDF during the summer conflict.
Among the speakers at the rally was Hamas military wing spokesman Abu Obeida, who became a familiar name during Operation Protective Edge over the summer. "Hamas was able to stop the ambitions of the Zionist enterprise and because of that, it is today on the verge of collapsing and disappearing," he said. (Read more)
9. Abbas backs Egypt crackdown on Gaza tunnels -Times of Israel
CAIRO, Egypt - Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas said he supported Egypt's crackdown on tunnels linking the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip to the Sinai Peninsula and any other action the country took to protect itself from militants, according to a media report Thursday.
"We have supported all the precautionary measures taken by the Egyptian authorities to close the tunnels and stop the trafficking of arms and the passage of people between Gaza and the Sinai," Abbas said in an interview with Egyptian magazine Al-Ahram Al-Arabi due to be published on Saturday, extracts of which were published by MENA news agency. (Read more)
10. Upgraded Air Force bunker to be protected from nukes - Ynet News
Deep underground, the Air Force bunker at the Kirya base in Tel Aviv is being upgraded in a project that costs tens of millions of shekels. Among other things, the bunker's defense is going to be upgraded to include protection from biological and nuclear weapons.
The project is only months from being done and operational testing of some of the new additions to the bunker are due to start soon. The plan to upgrade the outdated bunker started over three years ago and is designed to ensure it meets the IDF's operational needs, as well as to streamline work at the bunker. (Read more)
Hebrew Nation News
Hebrew Nation News:
BREAKING! Kerry To Hold Emergency Meeting With Netanyahu in Rome Ahead of "Palestinian Push" at UN
We have seen some major developments happen in the news this week. Kerry has called an emergency meeting in Rome with Netanyahu ahead of the Palestinian "push" at the UN. They will be discussing the anticipated pre- Christmas United Nations Security Council vote on a resolution setting a final deadline for an Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines.
"We are hoping to achieve [a Security Council] resolution before the end of this month, before Christmas," Erekat said.
Erekat said he does not believe the US would use its veto power at the council.
WHY are the nations PUSHING for a vote at the UN Security Council BEFORE Christmas?
WHY is the emergency meeting happening in ROME? Not Washington DC, or Jerusalem, but ROME? (Hint: it has something to do with the Pope) . . .
Be sure to listen to the interview with Eddie Chumney on the Thursday Hebrew Nation Morning show to find out the answers to these questions.
And Yahweh said to her: "Two nations are in your womb Two peoples shall be separated from your body; One people shall be stronger than the other, And the older shall serve the younger." (Genesis 25:23)
We are seeing this ancient prophesy being played out this very day. The Palestinians have been "pushing for" their bid to become a full member nation, pushing for the two state solution.
Here is the pattern that I see:
Sometimes when a medical professional assesses a pregnant woman, they might make a decision to break the water bag by piercing it. Once the water bag breaks, this induces labor and heavy, hard, strong labor contractions begins and the birth of the baby is imminent.I see a pattern here and I want to lay it out for you. A decision was made . . . it is time for the "Esau nation" to be born. So, the water bag was "pierced manually" to induce labor, to bring on the hard and strong labor contractions so that the Esau nation can be born. And now the nations are "pushing" for the Esau baby nation to be born!
What was that piercing to "break the water bag" so as to bring on the hard labor contractions for the Esau baby nation?
Be sure to read the Hebrew Nation News Special Report: "How soon will the Esau Nation (Palestinian state) be born? Comments from a Spiritual Midwife" to learn about an insight. Look at the dots with me and see what picture emerges as we connect the dots.
Blessings n shalom,
HN News editor
BREAKING! Kerry To Hold Emergency Meeting With Netanyahu in Rome Ahead of "Palestinian Push" at UN
Labor Pains! Is the Palestinian state soon to be born! Nations are PUSHING for Palestinian state!
PA hopes for UNSC resolution on Israeli-Palestinian conflict by Christmas; Chief PLO negotiator Saeb Erekat says if UNSC resolution rejected Palestinians will join ICC that same day.
US Secretary of State John Kerry will hold an emergency meeting in Rome on Monday with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss the anticipated pre- Christmas United Nations Security Council vote on a resolution setting a final deadline for an Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines. Palestinians want to see Israel leave the West Bank and east Jerusalem within two years, but a final time table for the resolution has not been set. If the Security Council rejects the resolution, then on that same day Palestinians will join the International Criminal Court by signing the Rome Statute and other relevant documents, Chief PLO negotiator Saeb Erekat told journalists at a Christmas dinner in Bethlehem on Tuesday night.
"We are hoping to achieve [a Security Council] resolution before the end of this month, before Christmas," Erekat said.
He added he does not believe that the resolution would be vetoed by any of the five members of the 15-nation Security Council that have the power to do so.
"I do not expect that people who are seeking to maintain and preserve the two-state resolution in 1967, that they will be confronted with a veto," he said.
Erekat said he does not believe the US would use its veto power at the council. (Jerusalem Post) Read more
What does it mean? (Commentary from HN News editor)
This is HUGE! Kerry is calling this emergency meeting in ROME to meet with Kerry, because the UN Security Council is getting ready to vote and to ANNOUNCE something big just before Christmas. The article above is also saying pretty plainly that a VETO on the resolution calling for a full member Palestinian state going back to 1967 borders, a VETO on such a resolution will NOT be coming forth from the US or from any of the other 4 member states that have VETO power. What's the bottom line here?That on a day just before Christmas, a vote will be taken, a UN Security Council resolution and decree will be going forth with a GREEN LIGHT and stamp of approval declaring and decreeing Palestinian state, likely calling for Israel to be evicted out of new Palestinian borders by Fall of 2016.
Just in time for Christmas! What a "GIFT" to the world.
I will also gather all nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up MY land. Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of Yahweh is near in the valley of decision. (Joel 3: 1-2, 14)
Heaven's court is in session. This is a ROLL CALL VOTE of the nations. When the UN Security Council votes, each member nation will be ON RECORD in Heaven's court as to where they stand on THE ISSUE of dividing of the land of Israel. Truly this is the "controversy of Zion". Each nation will be counted in this vote in heaven's court whether they voted as a SHEEP nation or a GOAT nation.
All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. (Matthew 25: 32-33)
> > > Note: You can read all of today's HNN Alert bygoing here.
Tracking Passage of the Spending Bill
Tracking Passage of the Spending Bill
1. Congress sends Obama $1.1 T spending bill - Townhall.com
Congress cleared a $1.1 trillion spending bill for President Barack Obama's signature late Saturday night after a day of Senate intrigue capped by a failed, largely symbolic Republican challenge to the administration's new immigration policy.
The vote was 56-40 in favor of the measure, which funds nearly the entire government through the Sept. 30 end of the fiscal year. It also charts a new course for selected shaky pension plans covering more than 1 million retirees, including the possibility of benefit cuts. The Senate passed the bill on a day Democrats launched a drive to confirm two dozen of Obama's stalled nominees to the federal bench and administration posts, before their majority expires at year's end.
Several Republicans blamed tea party-backed Texas Sen. Ted Cruz for giving the outgoing majority party an opportunity to seek approval for presidential appointees, including some that are long-stalled. It was Cruz who pushed the Senate to cast its first vote on the administration's policy of suspending the threat of deportation for an estimated four million immigrants living in the country illegally. He lost his attempt Saturday night, 74-22, although Republican leaders have vowed to bring the issue back after the party takes control of the Senate in January. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up praise for what Texas Sen. Ted Cruz attempted to do, because he was following his own campaign promises concerning the administration's new immigration policy. Lord, we repent that other congressional members attacked and ridiculed him instead of acknowledging and defending the will of voting citizens in this nation. We ask You, Father, to surround Senator Cruz, encouraging him to continue challenging violations of the US constitution. We also bring before Your Throne another apparent 'betrayal' in this spending bill where current retirees are facing cuts to their pension benefits. Father God, for many current retirees this will be devastating. Have mercy, Father, and awaken these congressional members to obey what they swore to uphold when they joined Congress. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "The heart of the righteous studies how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours forth evil." (Proverbs 15: 28)
2. A Closer Look at the $1.1 trillion Fiscal Year 2015 Budget - Christian Coalition of America
The Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015, provides $1.013 trillion for the federal government. This is consistent with the Ryan-Murray Agreement's caps of $521 billion for defense and $492 billion for non-defense spending. H.R. 83 fully funds 11 of the 12 regular Appropriations bills through September 30, 2015, and funds the Department of Homeland Security under a Continuing Resolution (CR) until February 27, 2015.
- Fully funds our troops' pay raise that was authorized in the NDAA
- Includes $94 billion for new equipment and upgrades of attack submarines, EA-18G Growlers, KC-46 Tankers, F-35 JSF, and 3 Littoral Combat Ships
- $5.4 billion to Fight Ebola in the US and abroad (below the president's request)
- Provides $64 billion in Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) funding for our troops, to combat ISIL, Train and Equip Iraqi allies, and support for Ukraine
- Prohibits the transfer or release of Guantanamo detainees into the US
- No new funding for ObamaCare . . . (Read more) - Source: Christian Coalition of America
3. 10 Things You Should Know About The Omnibus Appropriations Bill - Christian Coalition of America
The House Appropriations Committee has released the FY 2015 Omnibus Appropriations bill. You can read the text here. The bill contains a number of important measures to fulfill the people's priorities, including protecting jobs, stopping wasteful spending, reining in government overreach, and funding our national security.
1. The bill abides by last year's bipartisan budget agreement. As a result, overall discretionary spending has been reduced by $165 billion since FY 2010. When projected out over 10 years, that adds up to saving taxpayers $2.13 trillion.
2. The bill addresses a number of national security priorities, including $64 billion for overseas contingency operations to combat the threat of ISIL, train our Iraqi allies, and reinforce European countries facing Russian aggression. Notably, the bill stops the transfer or release of Guantanamo detainees into the United States.
3. The bill includes several provisions to protect jobs and rein in regulatory overreach, including a provision amending the Dodd-Frank law to protect farmers and other commodity producers from having to put down excessive collateral to get a loan, expand their businesses, and hedge production . . . (Read more)
Senate Remains in Session This Week
On Saturday: Senate spends 9 hours in voting marathon
The Senate spent nine hours on procedural votes that will allow Senate Democrats to confirm 24 more of President Obama's nominations before adjourning for the year.
The rare Saturday session was prompted by objections from Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Mike Lee (R-Utah) over the government funding bill.
"Because of Sen. Cruz's actions and Republicans' inability to stop him, Democrats will end up confirming more nominees by the end of this Congress than we would have been able to otherwise - including several key executive branch nominees and up to 12 of President Obama's judicial nominees," said Adam Jentleson, Reid's spokesperson.
If the Senate had been in recess over the weekend, Reid would have had to file cloture on the nominations next week, decreasing the likelihood he could get through all 24 before the Senate adjourns for the year.
The procedural votes the Senate took Saturday are the equivalent of changing the television channel. Reid needed a majority of senators present to approve going back and forth between legislative and executive session while he filed cloture on the nominations - all of the votes broke along party lines. He is normally able to move through that process with a quick voice-vote, but because Republicans oppose the nominations it took most of the day.
Some of the most controversial nominations are Sarah Saldana to be Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security, Carolyn Watts Colvin to be Commissioner of Social Security and Vivek Hallegere Murthy to be Surgeon General of the Public Health Service.
Cloture and confirmation votes on all of the nominations are expected next week.
In addition to the cromnibus and nominations, Reid has said he also wants to complete work on the tax extenders bill and possibly the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act before the 113th Congress ends. (The Hill) Read more.
- Heavenly Father, we ask You to rise up and counter the push by Democrats to confirm Obama nominees for various key positions in a rush before they lose their majority position in the Senate. We ask for mercy, Father, as some of these positions, such as judicial ones, are lifetime positions so the impact is so profound. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death."
(Proverbs 14: 12)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
A Hug, a Prayer and a Wedding: Stories from Chaplains in Ferguson
. . . a chaplain had approached the gang member while he was walking down the street and had given him a hug. They started talking, and the chaplain told him God loved him, and so did he. The gang member was a little stunned and later told his acquaintance that it was the first time a grown man had ever hugged him or told him he cared about him.
(Ferguson, MO)-Members of the Ferguson community have been stopping by the Billy Graham Rapid Response Team's mobile command unit to talk, pray and step in from the cold.
The day before Thanksgiving, a team of crisis-trained Billy Graham Rapid Response Team chaplains arrived in Ferguson, Missouri.
They were responding to rioting and unrest in the wake of a grand jury's decision not to indict police officer Darren Wilson for fatally shooting 18-year-old Michael Brown.
While many of the chaplains have served in the aftermath of hurricanes, tornadoes and other disasters, they didn't know what to expect in Ferguson, where buildings are burned or boarded up and tensions are running high.
What they found was a city searching for hope, open to those willing to get their hands dirty and help. Two weeks after their arrival, the chaplains say the Ferguson community has embraced them, and God has exceeded their expectations.
A Ferguson Wedding
On Dec. 8, the Rapid Response Team got word that a house fire in Ferguson had left a family of seven homeless. Three chaplains visited the parents and five young children to pray with them and help connect them to meals, clothing and other necessities.
The parents shared that they had been together for nine years but were never married. As they told the chaplains how thankful they were that God had allowed them to escape the fire, they decided to rededicate their lives to Christ.
And then they made another exciting decision: they wanted to get married.
"They truly do love one another," chaplain Terri Naber said. "They want to do it God's way. They want God's blessing since they rededicated their lives."
> > > To read the rest of this story about this amazing wedding, please go here.
(Billy Graham Organization; Reported also by Breaking Christian News)
Signs and Wonders
Grand Canyon fills up with sea of clouds during rare weather phenomenon
A rare weather phenomenon at the Grand Canyon in the US had visitors looking out on a sea of thick clouds just below the rim on Thursday.
The total cloud inversion is expected to hang inside the canyon throughout Thursday.
The National Weather Service says the weather event happens about once every several years, though the landmark was treated to one last year.
The fog that has been shrouding parts of northern Arizona is courtesy of recent rains.
The Weather Service says the fog is able to stick around and built up in the Grand Canyon overnight when there is no wind.
(Telegraph.Co.UK) Read more
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." (Luke 21:25-28)
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Senator Mark Warner (VA)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Two Daily Conference Calls
The Lord has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night.
I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence. (Isaiah 62:6)
Come join us!
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Prayer calls are being held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
FOCUS: PUSHING BACK THE DARKNESS
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!