Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, December 4, 2014
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)
Did you know . . .?
Did you know that, as you scan today's headlines at the top of this Brief, you can "jump" to an item of interest by simply placing your cursor on that headline, and that article will appear. This saves time in scrolling down the page to locate the needed article. Bless you!
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you . . ." (John 14:27a)
The Daily Brief
1. Knesset votes to dissolve; new elections called for March 17 - Times of Israel
Knesset members voted overwhelmingly in favor of dissolving the current Knesset in a preliminary vote on Wednesday. Eighty-four MKs supported the measure, none opposed it, and one Knesset member abstained.
A first reading of the bill later Wednesday was also approved, with all 22 Knesset members present voting in favor. The move will be finalized on Monday with second and third readings.
Knesset faction leaders agreed on March 17, 2015, as the date for new elections, in a meeting with Knesset speaker Yuli Edelstein on Wednesday morning. "We mustn't abuse the public. We cannot take our time," Edelstein said during the meeting. The date must be approved by the factions before it becomes official. (Read more)
- Pray in the Spirit over all news coming out of Israel at this time. Please continue to do so until this picture becomes more clear, and the way of the Lord for His people is known.
- "Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." (Romans 8:26)
2. Accusing Lapid and Livni of attempted 'putsch,' Netanyahu fires them, calls elections - Times of Israel
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday launched a fierce assault on his coalition partners ministers Yair Lapid and Tzipi Livni, accused them of attempting a "putsch" to oust him, fired them both, and announced that he would dissolve his government ahead of new elections.
a press conference, Netanyahu said that the situation in the cabinet was such that it was "impossible" for him to lead the country.
"I wanted the broadest possible government," he said of the aftermath of the 2013 elections, asserting that his previous coalition was "one of the best and most stable" in the history of the country. But because his Likud party did not receive "enough seats," he found himself saddled with an "adversarial" cabinet that was unworkable from the start, and featured "incessant attacks from within the government."
"It's impossible to do all the things that are important for the security and welfare of the citizens of Israel" with the current government, Netanyahu said. (Read more)
- Lord God Jehovah, in this turbulent time, we ask that You would grace Israel's prime minister with the peace that only You can bring into his heart. Grant him Your wisdom as he navigates and leads Israel in the days ahead. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Lord, how they have increased who trouble me!
Many are they who rise up against me.
Many are they who say of me,
"There is no help for him in God."
But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head." (Psalm 3:1-3)
3. Kerry: We hope Israel's next government advances peace - Times of Israel
US Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday he hoped newly announced elections in Israel would lead to a government which would advance peace talks with the Palestinians
Asked about the recent political developments in Jerusalem while visiting NATO headquarters in Brussels, Kerry said "Obviously, we hope that whatever government is formed is a government . . . that can negotiate and move towards resolving the differences between Israelis and Palestinians, and obviously, the differences in the region." (Read more)
- Lord God, if the Obama administration has had anything to do with the cataclysmic change now ongoing within the government, we ask for Your mercy to yet be upon our land. Let the promise of judgment, according to Your Word fall only where it must fall and nowhere else. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse those who curse you . . ." (Genesis 12:3)
4. US Congress passes Israel strategic partnership bill - Times of Israel
The landmark US-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014 passed its final legislative hurdle and advanced to the White House for President Barack Obama's signature during a Wednesday evening Congressional session.
"I am proud that the House and Senate spoke with one voice to pass this bill that reaffirms and strengthens the relationship between the United States and Israel," said Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA), one of the bill's two original sponsors in the Senate. "I look forward to the president signing this critical legislation." "This bipartisan bill demonstrates Congress's commitment to supporting our nation's longstanding ally, Israel," Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO), the bill's other sponsor added. "I thank my colleagues in the House and Senate for their support in passing this important legislation, and I look forward to the president signing it into law." (Read more)
- Father, we do offer praise unto Your Holy Name that our nation stands with Israel. We thank You for the passage of this bill, and the benefits and blessings it will bring to Israel in future days. We offer this praise in Jesus name, amen and amen.
- "Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen." (Psalm 41:13)
5. Justice Department to investigate Eric Garner case - Fox News
The Justice Department is planning to conduct a federal investigation into the chokehold death of an unarmed black man after a New York City grand jury declined to indict the white police officer who performed the move, Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday. (Read more)
- Father once again the Federal government has stepped into a state/local situation, and may once again cause division just by their presence. We speak peace to New York City, and pray for restraint on the part of both protesters and police.
- "These are worldly persons, who cause division, not having the Spirit." (Jude 19)
6. National debt exceeds $18T, sparking renewed criticism of spending under Obama - Fox News
The national debt has passed the $18 trillion mark, sparking renewed criticism Tuesday from Republicans and other fiscal conservatives over the soaring trajectory of government spending under President Obama. (Read more)
- Lord as the costs incurred by this administration skyrocket, we ask for Your mercy over our economy and Your people.
- "He who trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like foliage." (Proverbs 11:28)
7. Feds balk at releasing docs showing IRS sharing tax returns with White House - Washington Examiner
Less than a week after fessing up that it found some 2,500 documents potentially showing that the IRS shared taxpayer returns with the White House, the Obama administration has reversed course and won't release the trove to a group suing for access. (Read more)
- Father, the corruption in this government is deep. We ask that You root out the causes, and return our nation to its roots of Christian conduct.
- "He who speaks truth declares righteousness, but a false witness, deceit." (Proverbs 12:17)
8. 17 States Sue Obama Administration Over Immigration Executive Order - CNBC
Texas is leading a 17-state coalition that sued the Obama administration on Wednesday over its executive order to ease the threat of deportation for some 4.7 million undocumented immigrants, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said.
"The President's unilateral executive action tramples the U.S. Constitution's Take Care Clause and federal law," Abbott said in a statement. (Read more)
- Father, we pray that every state will respond to the executive order with actions against it. We pray that You will take down Obama's illegal action quickly.
- "But judgement will return to righteousness, and all the upright in heart will follow it." (Psalm 94:15)
9. Before Beheading, Children Tell ISIS: 'No, We Love Jesus' - Charisma News
"ISIS turned up and they said to the children, 'You say the words that you will follow Muhammad,'"'No, we love Yasua. We have always loved Yasua. We have always followed Yasua. (This spelling is similar to the Hebrew name, Yeshua, which is translated "Jesus" in English and Spanish.) Yasua has always been with us,'" White recounted. "[The militants] said, 'Say the words!' [The children] said, 'No, we can't do that.' "They chopped all their heads off." Read more.
See also below: An Amazing Tale of Courage
- Father we pray for mercy over Your precious children in these Islamist controlled areas. We thank You for saving their souls and that they have stood strong in the face of death. But we ask for judgement on those who have done these wicked things.
- "Precious in the sight of the Lord ifs the death of His saints." (Psalm 116:15)
10. Human fetus cells injected into baby mice to create 'supermouse' - UK Telegraph
The cells from a human fetus have been injected into baby mice to create animals which have brains that are half human. Although Professor Goldman said that the cells did not make the mice 'more human' he admitted that the team had stopped short at injecting the cells into monkeys. "We briefly considered it buy decided not to because of all the potential ethical issues," added Prof Goldman. (Read more)
- Lord, man is attempting to become God in these wicked experiments. We pray that You will stop them by convicting their hearts before something exceedingly dangerous comes forth for their playing with Your creation.
- "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 16:25)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Behold, I am YHWH, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?" (Jeremiah 32:27)
1. Lapid to PM: You are disconnected, you live in an aquarium - Jerusalem Post
Yesh Atid leader Yair Lapid gave a speech on Wednesday slamming Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for triggering early elections.
After condemning the terror attack near Jerusalem as an act "we cannot accept" he addressed Netanyahu directly: "Netanyahu - No one besides you wants these elections." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we lift up Prime Minister Netanyahu to you. We cannot imagine the stress he must endure with this position, but You know. Father, we pray for strength, Shalom peace, and a renewal of spirit for him. We ask that You guide him in every thought and action before it happens. We pray that he seek You and Your will for the good of Your children and the entire land of Israel. Protect him, Father, from the critics and enemies. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
2. Two Israelis stabbed in West Bank terror attack at Rami Levy supermarket - Jerusalem Post
A Palestinian teen stabbed two Israeli shoppers at the Rami Levy supermarket in the Mishor Adumim Industrial Park in the West Bank east of Jerusalem on Wednesday afternoon.
The 16-year old Palestinian walked passed the security guard who stood by the sliding-glass door entrance checking customers around 4:15 p.m. and used a knife to attack two men standing near the front aisles of the store, moderately wounding them. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank you that the lives of these two victims were spared, and we ask for swift retribution for the Palestinian youth who has perpetrated this crime. May he be humbled, and may he come to know the Messiah as his Lord. We ask this in the name of Yeshuah, amen.
3. Vandalism at Tel Aviv synagogue: Burned books and graffiti -ynet news
Russian books set on fire outside Beit El synagogue, with graffiti stating: 'Where Nationality Laws are passed, books will be burned.'
Unknown perpetrators burned books near a synagogue in Tel Aviv on Sunday evening in a protest against the "Nationality Law."
Worshipers arriving for evening prayers at the Beit El synagogue on Frishman Street found some 10 burned books outside the synagogue, with graffiti against the contentious bill proposal sprayed on the synagogue's outer wall. (Read more)
- Lord God, Lord God, Lord God! We cry out to You in our distress at the actions of the wicked. May these vandals be apprehended, and may justice await them, too. In Your Name we ask this prayer, amen and amen.
4. France: Jewish Couple Assaulted in Suspected Anti-Semitic Attack - Israel National News
French police have arrested two men in the city of Creteil after a young couple were assaulted in a suspected anti-Semitic incident, the European Jewish Press (EJP) reports, citing the French newspaper Le Parisien. The two suspects, both adults, are in police custody for questioning while a third suspect is still being sought.
The attack occurred on Monday, when three men armed with a pistol and a shotgun stormed the home of a Jewish family in Creteil, located east of Paris. After knocking on the door of the apartment and then breaking in, they demanded money and uttered anti-Semitic insults. (Read more)
- Lord God, we pray for peace to the families of this couple. Father, give them peace and healing that only You can bring. We pray for Your divine protection over all the Jews world-wide as we see an increase in anti Semitism. Father, we pray for the attackers. We lift them up to you for mercy. Only by the example of Yeshuah can we even try to extend forgiveness and prayer. Yeshuah's words were to forgive 70 times 7 and for those who wish to steal our shirt, we should also give them our coats. Father, this can only be done through You. We ask that You have mercy and compassion for these men. May Your Spirit bring a change of heart to these attackers. We pray for their salvation. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
5. First to recognize Palestine, Swedish government falls -Times of Israel
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - Sweden's prime minister said Wednesday he will call for new elections on March 22, dissolving the parliament two months after it become the first European capital to recognize a Palestinian state.
The move came after an anti-immigration party helped opposition lawmakers reject the left-leaning minority government's budget proposal.
Social Democrat Stefan Lofven, who took office just over two months ago, saw his first budget dismissed as the far-right Sweden Democrats Party sided with the center-right opposition. 182 lawmakers voted against and 153 in favor of the budget in Parliament Wednesday, prompting the first call for early elections in Sweden in over 50 years. (Read more)
- Abba, You said that those who bless Israel You will bless, and those who curse Israel You will curse. If this is indeed repercussion for their previous stand in support of Palestine, we ask Father that Your name be glorified because of it. We pray that all the other nations making the same declarations have their eyes opened and new revelations seen. We pray for Your will and glory to Your name in all the earth. We pray in the name of Yeshuah, amen.
6. Jordan jails man who plotted suicide attack in Israel - Times of Israel
A Jordanian man was given a six-month prison sentence Wednesday in a Jordanian court for plotting to attack Israel.
The man was caught in the summer as he tried to cross into Israel to carry out a suicide attack, Israel Radio reported. (Read more)
- We thank You, Lord, for the swift action taken by the government of Jordan in this case. Thank You that this plot was averted, and that the one who planned a suicide instead saw his life spared. May he now understand how close he has come to meeting eternity, and how to be prepared through salvation when his time truly comes. We ask this in Your name, amen.
7. Israeli Ambassador Addresses the United Nations
To hear this stunning speech, please go here.
For Israel: Insight for Intercessors
For Israel: Insight for Intercessors
Written by "K" in Jerusalem
Shalom from Jerusalem!
As you have likely heard, there will be new Israeli elections on March 17th of next year. Bibi Netanyahu had come to the place, with two of his coalition partners, where it was impossible to govern. Tzippi Livni and Yair Lapid were countering Bibi at every key juncture. Not only were they locking up the process of governing, but they were publically condemning the Prime Minister as a poor leader, while still being seated in his government. That is not done. It's one thing to oppose a position, but another thing to slander and to vilify a leader . . . and to actively work to replace him with yourself . . . while you are supposedly trying to partner with him.
We know that the Obama administration decided that it was time for Bibi to get out of the way, and to stop blocking the agenda of the global community, and of Arabs. The Obama administration had been speaking to Lapid and Livni about how that might be facilitated. Tying up the budget and causing the people to mistrust Bibi through their charges of mismanagement was part of the plan. In addition, both of these cabinet members kept insisting that Bibi was putting Israel at risk by offending the US administration, and by not listening/yielding to the will of the global community. This was intending to create fear in the minds of the people through the suggestion that Israel survives because of her relationship with the USA.
Well, praise YHVH that Bibi has fired these two troublemakers. Israel is not under the authority or under the accountability to the nations. We must not fear them or sacrifice the welfare/security of Israel to get their approval. Dissolving the government to bring forth new elections in March . . . and firing these two members of the coalition were wise moves. I think it is significant that the elections will be held on St. Patrick's Day. St. Patrick is accredited with driving all the rats out of Ireland. Perhaps, these elections will drive some of the rats out of the Knesset. It appears that the Arab parties will not make the threshold of votes needed to have seats in the Knesset. It also appears, according to yesterday's polls, (and after she said that Bibi was a liar) that Livni will not have a seat in the new Knesset as well. That would be wonderful!
So here is where we need to put our prayer focus right now. Bibi has the authority to fill the Justice and the Finance portfolios (now vacant because of Livni and Lapid's firing). He is free to hand to portfolios to those of like mind and priority to him. Therefore, he can seat allies around the table, so that he can again govern. The budget can move ahead, the Palestinian situation can be dealt with better, and preparation and possible pre-emption of Iran's nuclear attack can be made as necessary. The fear of reprisals from the USA can be set aside, in order to take care of Israel's welfare and security. For the next three months, we could have a more secure, unified and powerful coalition. If Bibi is successful and governs wisely and effectively . . . if he comes forth with a strong and supported response to our enemies . . . he will likely be re-elected as Prime Minister. The Knesset may end up more to the right, with the secular humanist left losing seats. So we must pray.
The Daily Jot
18,003,680,600,000 and counting
Many of you may not be aware that the national debt is setting records by the second. in the time it takes to write this sentence, the national debt has risen some $200,000. It stands a little over $18 trillion--$56,373 per citizen and $153,729 per taxpayer. The US workforce is 147.6 million, but there are 92.4 million not in the workforce. There are 158.3 million people receiving some form of government benefits, including 46 million on food stamps. In other words, national debt is over $153,000 per taxpayer (someone who is generating income, ie. working) and there are over 10 million more people receiving government benefits than are working. We have become a socialist state in dire financial condition.
The president has decreed that yet another 4 million illegal aliens are to become citizens. This equates to about the same number of people who are employed by the federal government--just to keep things in perspective. Undoubtedly, this move will have long term impact on spending and benefits, burdening the system even more. Meanwhile, the government continues to prop up Wall Street (socialists' favorite enemy at election time) with its quantitative easing program amounting to some $80 billion a month. They say that if they don't do that, the economy will collapse. At $18 trillion in national debt and $115 trillion in total unfunded liabilities, the economy will eventually collapse.
These figures are found on the US National Debt Clock as provided by various government agencies. We are in great trouble as a nation. Even though the government has mandated that everyone must buy insurance from it, there are still 46.6 million people without insurance. Two years into the program and the number of uninsured has increased, yet it is costing taxpayers billions. A fine mess has been made by this gaggle of politicians in Washington. It's not only the president, who is an Islamist Marxist doing his best to "remake" America--translated: destroy America. It is also the lack of any opposition to domestic and foreign policy that makes any kind of sense.
In recent days, House Speaker John Boehner is taking a load of criticism for not standing up to the president's illegal and unconstitutional amnesty decree. Boehner's response is to post pictures of the Capital Hill Christmas Tree and talk about legislation he passed to level the playing field for people with disabilities. You write him about it and you will likely receive emails thanking you for your support and asking you to follow him on Facebook. This is a classic Nero situation. I know I sound like a broken record, but accountability here is key. People are willing to burn businesses over a lie, but won't do much about the truth. As Isaiah 59:14 says, "for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Calling Good Evil . . .
ABSTINENCE HIGH SCHOOL SPEAKER OUSTED:
MESSAGE CALLED 'HATE SPEECH'
Many public schools across the nation have regularly invited speakers from Planned Parenthood to inform high school and middle school students about under-age and premarital "safe sex" and how to use various forms of contraception, but when one abstinence speaker was scheduled to inform students in southeastern Pennsylvania about the rewards of saving sex until marriage and the dangers of casual sex, her speech was quickly cancelled, with critics calling it "hate speech."
Devoting her life to informing America's youth about the dangers of casual sexual activity, Pam Stenzel was looking forward to sharing her message with Warwick High School and Warwick Middle School students on November 19, but she was quickly informed that her two presentations were cancelled because a handful of people considered her abstinence standpoint as offensive.
There was far from an outpouring of protests - as only a few outspoken parents and students raised any objections to Stenzel's message - but because of reported bullying from parents over the issue to school officials and biased media coverage, hundreds of students were unable to glean from Stenzel's views on chastity and wholesome living. (Intercessors for America; One News Now)
- Prayer focus: This is about those who call evil good and good evil. How any adult could characterize a call for abstinence before marriage as "hate speech" boggles the mind. Report after report indicate that those who "wait" for the appropriate expression of sexual intimacy within marriage seldom express regrets, whereas those who do not wait are often sorry later for the premature loss of purity. Only a biblical worldview through the gospel of Christ can open such blind eyes. Pray accordingly.
- "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things." (Phil. 4:8)
Obama Taps Carter
Obama Taps Carter
The word around Washington is that President Obama will nominate former Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter to replace outgoing Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel. Carter, a career civil servant, is reportedly well-liked at the Pentagon and widely respected on Capitol Hill.
It has been said by some that Carter is the "smartest person in the room and he knows it." According to the Washington Post, Carter is a Rhodes scholar with "a doctorate in theoretical physics from Oxford University" and "degrees in physics and medieval history from Yale."
The Pentagon bureaucracy is notoriously difficult to navigate. But the real problem at the Pentagon resides in the White House, which has been distrustful of the military and has micromanaged the Defense Department from day one.
PBS reported that during one trip to Afghanistan, former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates "was stunned to find a telephone line at the military's special operations headquarters that linked directly back to a top White House national security official." Gates ripped it out and told commanders, "If you get a call from the White House, you tell them to go to hell and call me."
If confirmed, Carter will be Obama's fourth Secretary of Defense in six years. We wish Carter well, but see no reason to believe that anything will change in the next two years to improve our national security. (Gary Bauer)
An Amazing Tale of Courage
Before Beheading, Children Tell ISIS "We Love Jesus": Bishop of Baghdad Relates Horrific Martyrdom
Some of the bravest martyrs this generation may ever know are teenagers-and perhaps even younger.
When Islamic State militants threatened four children in Iraq-all under the age of 15-with death if they did not promise to follow Islam's "prophet" Muhammad, they defiantly stated, "No. We love Yasua (Jesus). We have always followed Yasua."
Andrew White, an Anglican priest known as the "Vicar of Baghdad," has seen violence and persecution against Christians unprecedented in recent decades. In a CBN News video, he recounts the story of the Iraqi Christian children who were told by ISIS militants to convert to Islam or be beheaded.
"ISIS turned up and they said to the children, 'You say the words that you will follow Muhammad,'" White says on the video.
"The children, all under 15, four of them, they said, 'No, we love Yasua. We have always loved Yasua. We have always followed Yasua. (This spelling is similar to the Hebrew name, Yeshua, which is translated "Jesus" in English and Spanish.) Yasua has always been with us,'" White recounted. "[The militants] said, 'Say the words!' [The children] said, 'No, we can't do that.'
"They [ISIS] chopped all their heads off." (Charisma News) Read more.
- Lord God, how hard it is to read a testimony like this one. We know these brave little souls are now resting in Your arms; and we ask that You would comfort those who are now left behind. May they be overwhelmingly proud of the courage demonstrated by their sons and their daughters. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." (Matthew 5:4)
The Burka v. the Armor of God
The Burka v. the Armor of God:
A Teaching to Ponder
Today we share with you a revelatory teaching, that contrasts the characteristics of the burka with the armor of God.
We want to thank one of our Prayer Partners, Sylvia K. in Maryland, for sending this in to us.
May we each be strengthened daily, as we "put on the armor of God." Amen!
As I sat down to pray this morning, I was preparing to put on the armor of God when I heard these words; "Have you considered that the Islamic burka worn by the woman of Islam represents the spiritual armor that is over all who do not know me?" Everything that the burka represents is the exact opposite of the armor God has given to us.
- The burka is black representing the death, hatred, lies, deceit and darkness with which they are covered from head to toe. Believers are covered with truth, light and love because our armor comes from the one who is love and truth and the armor of unbelievers comes from the one who is death and lies.
- Our loins are girded with the truth of the Word of God, theirs are girded by the lies of the devil.
- The shoes that we place upon our feet take the gospel of peace to the world; their shoes take hate everywhere they go. - Our sword is operated by love and truth and their sword is operated by hate and deception.
- Our shield defends us from all of the fiery darts aimed at us by the enemy. Unbelievers have no shield and are assaulted by accusations from the enemy.
- We have the breastplate of righteousness which gives us absolute assurance of our right standing with God and all that it encompasses. Unbelievers have no assurance of their standing with God and can only hope that maybe if they are good enough they might get into heaven or some such place.
- We have the helmet of salvation covering and renewing our minds with truth and light while their minds are covered with darkness and deception.
I then heard, "This is how you love the sinner while hating the sin. You must remember that it is sin that is holding each unbeliever in bondage. They are tightly held and completely covered with the darkness of sin just like the burka completely covers the women of Islam."
As we remember this, we are free to see unbelievers through the eyes of Jesus as He shows us how He sees them with the burka removed. Just as Jesus freely gives believers His DNA and all of its life giving properties, Satan does just the opposite and holds his prisoners in captivity. He uses them as puppets to do his bidding as he deceives them into thinking that they are acting from their own free will. Theirs is a life of despair, fear and death and many believe the lie that there is no way out for them or that this is natural and the way things are supposed to be.
I then saw the veil in the temple being torn into from top to bottom as Jesus died on the cross and then I saw Jesus take the "burkas" and sovereignty and supernaturally tear from top to bottom the "burkas" that had covered the unbelievers in darkness and fear and set them free to become who He created them to be, living victorious overcoming lives.
When I sat down to read emails that had come in today. There were two emails from Elijah List that caught my attention. When I read the title of this first email by Jennifer Eivaz my spirit said Yes Lord. Thank you for unlocking mysteries of the burka and that as she said "The Church grows in authority by gaining fresh understanding of the spiritual realm and applying these truths victoriously." The second email by Connie Williams is also talking about God making a spectacle of Himself and I believe that one of the ways He will do this is when He tears the "burkas" covering unbelievers from top to bottom and sets them free in miraculous ways.
In His Grace,
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Mayor Campaigns for God After Miraculous Philippines Escape
It was a year ago on November 8th that one of the strongest storms in history devastated parts of the Philippines. As the hardest-hit city Tacloban slowly recovers, its mayor is speaking out for the first time about how his faith in God helps with the challenges of rebuilding a destroyed city.
As super Typhoon Haiyan slammed into eastern Philippines, Tacloban Mayor Alfred Romualdez and a few staff members were stranded at a beach front location.
"A song that I was singing throughout the time was "You are my Word, You are my God and I lay down my life for you,'" Mayor Romualdez recounted to CBN News in an exclusive interview from his office in Tacloban.
Suddenly a storm surge hit the building.
Miraculous Escape "I was asking God, 'Please give me a few minutes, even an hour to get down and to make sure my family was okay and then if it is time for me to go then that's it,'" Romualdez recalled.
Romualdez and the others punched a hole in the ceiling to escape rising water seconds before another tidal wave hit.
Meanwhile across town, at his beach house, Romualdez's wife and two children were also on the verge of being swept away by tsunami-like waves. The entire time Cristina Romualdez was reciting the whole of Psalm 91.
Signs and Wonders
Super Typhoon Hagupit takes aim on the Philippines
Over 40 provinces may be hit by typhoon 'Hagupit'
Super Typhoon Hagupit - on track to be the world's most powerful storm this year - is forecast to hit or graze the Philippines by the weekend.
Hagupit strengthened into a typhoon Tuesday and continued to strengthen Wednesday, with sustained winds of 150 mph, the Joint Typhoon Warning Center said.
That is equivalent to a Category 4 hurricane. A typhoon is the same type of storm as a hurricane but is called a typhoon in the western Pacific Ocean.
The storm was about 800 miles east of the Philippines and could be near the island nation by Saturday. (USA Today) Read more
SPECIAL PRAYER REQUESTDear Sister, please pray for the Philippines, our Province will also be affected by the typhoon "HAGUPIT". the same path of "Haiyan" but this time it covers even a bigger radius that includes our province in Misamis Oriental.
From: Maria Concepcion Alvarez Alcantara
From: Maria Concepcion Alvarez Alcantara
"Thank you sister! in an hour I am going to the city proper to buy some foods and other necessities, we are 7 kilometers from the heart of the city and we are under critical level C which means heavy rains to intense rain, the danger here is that our city is the catch basin of all water exits from above the mountains that will cause rivers to overflow, Will inform you sister on updates, our skies now are gloomy with a slight ray of the sunshine. Thank you dear sister for praying!"
- Lord, we do ask for Your supernatural work of intervention to rest upon the people of the Philippines today as they brace for this storm. We ask that You move the eye of this monster storm out to sea, where no one will be harmed. We ask this, believing, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Who is this man?" they asked. "Even the winds and waves obey him!" (Matthew 8:27)
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Grace F. Napolitano - CA
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Hillsong - I Will Run To You
His manifested presence is His manifested love to us! Praise Him here . . .
Daily Conference Calls
Daily Conference Calls
Prayer calls will be held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
For details, go here.