God has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night. See Conference Call information below. (Is. 62:6)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Thursday, December 18, 2014
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
"But the greatest of these is love." (I Corinthians 13:13)
The Daily Brief
1. Pentagon confirms military buildup along Russian borders for 'peace and stability' - rt.com
The Pentagon has confirmed the military buildup along Russia's borders to ensure long-term "peace and stability" in the region. Earlier Moscow accused NATO of a sharp increase in air activity and intelligence flights in the border zone. Replying to RIA Novosti's query on the increased number of NATO flights around Russia's borders, a Pentagon representative told the news agency that the military presence of the alliance has increased, but all operations are carried out under utmost "transparency." (Read more)
- Father we pray that You will resolve this conflict. Escalating military forces on either side will cause tensions to increase- we pray for Your Mighty hand of protection for the people
- "The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect." (Psalm 33:10)
2. ISIS Humiliated After First-Ever Battle With US Ground Troops - Inquisitr
American troops in Iraq had their first actual battle with ISIS troops, after the Islamist militants tried to overrun a base, an encounter that left the ISIS troops decimated and in retreat. (Read more)
- Lord we thank You that American troops were able to accomplish this feat. We pray for Your favor in these battles everywhere they take place. May ISIS be completely destroyed by the Hand of the Living God.
- "Then all this assembly shall now that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord's and He will give you into our hands." (1 Samuel 17:47)
3. Kurds say they've retaken territory near Sinjar Mountain in northern Iraq - CNN
Kurdish Pershmerga forces say they've recaptured territory near Sinjar Mountain in northern Iraq, where dramatic airdrops were made last summer to the Yazidis, one of Iraq's smallest minorities.
The Kurish military says it has "cleansed" the area of ISIS fighters with the help of coalition airstrikes.
The operation represents the single biggest and most successful military offensive against ISIS, said the Kurdistan Region Security Council in a news release. (Read more)
- We thank You, Lord, for this glorious news, and we ask continued victory over an enemy that seeks only to annihilate those who stand in its way. We thank You, too, for reports we are now receiving that some ISIS fighters are giving up their guns and coming to Christ. We ask tonight for a groundswell of this movement, that many lost souls can find You as their Savior. We ask this prayer in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)
4. Boko Haram kidnaps 185 women, kills 32- KXLY - CNN Affiliate
Boko Haram insurgents kidnapped at least 185 women and children, and killed 32 people in a raid in northeastern Nigeria this week, local officials and residents said. (Read more)
- Lord, this terrorist group has killed so many, we pray for You to destroy them and soon. Let their plans and actions fall to the ground.
- "Let evil hunt the violent man to overthrow him." (Psalm 140:11b)
5. Obama Withdraws Alaska's Bristol Bay From Drilling - Watertown Daily News
President Barack Obama announced Tuesday that he's removing more than 52,000 square miles of waters off Alaska's coast from consideration for oil and gas exploration or drilling. (Read more)
- Lord as a time when gas prices are falling, and America is slowly becoming more self-sufficient in oil production, we have this action. Father is this action is not in Your plan, we ask that You undo it.
- ". . . and do not harm the oil and the wine." (Rev 6:6b)
6. Evidence in Sony hack attack suggests possible involvement by Iran, China or Russia, intel source says - Fox News
The U.S. investigation into the recent hacking attack at Sony Pictures Entertainment has turned up evidence that does not point to North Korea as the "sole entity" in the case, but rather, raises the possibility that Iran, China or Russia may have been involved, an intelligence source told Fox News on Thursday.
"Given the destructive efforts or effects of this attack, we're treating this as a national security matter, and as such, members of the president's national security team have been in regular meetings regarding this attack," State Department Spokeswoman Jen Psaki said. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that You are the Omniscient One, and that You know all the intricate and technical details related to this cyber assault. We appeal now to the Court of Heaven, asking that all hidden things be revealed about this serious breach of security, and that justice be meted out to the right party, at the right time. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer. Amen and amen.
- "The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
7. U.S. will hit back, but how? - CNN
'It's appropriate to respond'
U.S. government officials are preparing to publicly blame North Korea for the Sony Pictures hack but haven't decided what to do after that. (Read more)
- Once more, Lord, we appeal to You to give our leaders at the White House and the Pentagon Your wisdom as they weigh this very serious matter. Let any response be tempered by Your grace and by Your mercy. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." (Romans 8:26)
8. Pope Francis brokered US-Cuba deal at secret Vatican meetings - Telegraph UK
Pope Francis, the first Latin American pontiff, played a key role in the historic rapprochement between the United States and Cuba, it emerged on Wednesday. (Read more)
- Lord, the term "secret" concerns all of Your people, as this administration continues to do things behind closed doors. We ask for a revelation of their actions even before the ramifications are shown.
- "Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake." (Isaiah 54:17c)
9. Dow jumps 421 points. Best day since 2011 - CNN
The Dow shot up 421 points Thursday for its best day in more than three years. The S&P 500 experienced its biggest gains since January 2013. (Read more)
- Lord God, although this news is making millions of Americans very happy tonight, we are yet cautious regarding anything related to activity on Wall Street. We ask Your divine wisdom to guide all investors as they navigate these tricky waters, that they not be taken by surprise with unfortunate results in the long run. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
10. Rats 'taking over' new World Trade Center tower WND
"The Fourth Harbinger, the tower, the symbol of the America's defiance, America's glory and, with a height of 1,776 feet, of America itself - is now overrun with rats," Cahn said. "It's not that everything that happens at Ground Zero must be significant - but for such a building, such a symbolic building, to be overrun with rats, is striking."
Cahn said rats are a universal symbol of "uncleanness, decay, devouring, plague, disease, pestilence and destruction." (Read more)
- Father God, we repent that we have been a people who have turned our backs to You, and have become stiff-necked following our own ways. We thank You that You are the potter and we are the clay. We pray for all the stiff-necked ones in America tonight, asking that You soften their necks that they yield to the wooing of Your Spirit, and be drawn once again unto You. We ask this tonight in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' (Isaiah 65:1)
The Middle East in Focus
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)
(Please note the DOUBLE RAINBOW in this photo. Thank You, Yahweh, for Your promise to Your people!)
1. European Union's Hanukkah gift: A 498 to 88 vote in favor in "principle" of a Palestinian state and removed Hamas from terror blacklist - Jerusalem Post
Israel reacted furiously Wednesday to the European Court of Justice's decision to take Hamas off the EU's list of terrorist organization, rejecting EU explanations that this was just a "technical" step that will be overturned before it is implemented. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, before a meeting with Joni Ernst, the newly elected Republican senator from Iowa, said this was one example of "staggering" European "hypocrisy." Hamas, he said, "has committed countless war crimes and countless terror acts. It seems that too many in Europe, on whose soil six million Jews were slaughtered, have learned nothing. But we in Israel, we've learned. We'll continue to defend our people and our state against the forces of terror and tyranny and hypocrisy."(Read more)
2. Geneva Conventions invoke rights of Palestinians - Times of Israel
Much of the international community delivered a stinging rebuke to Israeli construction in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, saying Wednesday the practice violates its responsibilities as an occupying power.
A declaration adopted by consensus among 126 of the 196 parties to the Fourth Geneva Convention insists that international humanitarian law must be followed in areas affected by the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray that You will open the eyes of the international community. They condemn Israel for building or accuse them of war crimes and yet turn a blind eye to the actions of Palestine. They want to take Hamas off the terrorist list. Father, we pray for Your guidance and protection. We certainly need it in these times. You said that in the end days what is good will be seen as evil and what is evil will be seen as good. How we need Your mercy! Open their eyes Abba, open their eyes. We pray in the name of Yeshuah, amen.
- "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." (Isaiah 5:20)
3. US to veto Palestinian resolution at UN Security Council - YnetNews.com
The United States will veto a proposed Palestinian resolution "to end the occupation" at the United Nations Security Council on Wednesday. According to Palestinian sources, Secretary of State John Kerry said that America will veto the Jordanian-backed proposal at a meeting with the top Palestinian negotiator.
It was not initially clear how the US would react to the proposal by the Palestinians after a shaky few months between US and Israeli relations. However, the US ultimately decided it would oppose the resolution, a unilateral move that would force a schedule for an Israeli withdrawal from Palestinian territories.
The Americans clarified that they do not automatically veto all resolutions on Israel, and that they examine each Security Council resolution based on its merit. State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki said that the US opposed pre-determining the outcome of the peace process and that a time table for the removal of security forces constituted a unilateral action.
At his Tuesday evening meeting with Saeb Erekat, the chief Palestinian negotiator, Secretary Kerry said he opposed the Palestinian draft approved by the Arab League. He repeated the US decision to the foreign ministers of other world powers.
4. PA sets one-year deadline for deal in UN resolution - Times of Israel
The Palestinians set a 12-month deadline to reach a final peace deal with Israel and the end of 2017 as the date for completing the Israeli withdrawal in a UN draft resolution submitted Wednesday. (Read more)
5. Labor Condemns EU Over Hamas, but Blames Netanyahu - Israel National News
The Labor party said on Wednesday evening it condemns the European Union's removal of Hamas from its list of proscribed terrorist groups, but said that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was to blame for the removal.
In a statement, Labor said that Europe's move "deserves to be condemned", but added, "This does not detract from Netanyahu's responsibility for the diplomatic collapse which is hurting the State of Israel." (Read more)
6. No more 'Buji', make way for Isaac Herzog - ynet news
The Labor politician, once considered a nebbish, is undergoing a massive transformation both inside and out after forming a unity deal with Tzipi Livni, putting the left back on center stage. (Read more)
7. Abbas's Religious Adviser Promises Israel Will Disappear - Israel National News
Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas's adviser on Religious and Islamic Affairs assured in his televised weekly sermon last Friday that Israel will be destroyed, and that military options are being considered to make that happen.
The comments made by Mahmoud Al-Habash, who also serves as PA Supreme Sharia (Islamic law) Judge, on the official PA TV channel were translated by Palestinian Media Watch (PMW).
"All of this land will return to us, all our occupied land, all our rights in Palestine - our state, our people's heritage, our ancestors' legacy - all of it will return to us even if it takes time," said Al-Habash, indicating that Israel will disappear given the PA's claims to all of Israel. "Patience is the key to victory, and we are patient. In terms of resistance, all options are on the table, and in terms of diplomacy as well."
- Abba, we know this isn't Your plan. You promised the land to the descendents of Abraham and You are faithful to Your promises. In fact, You said that "Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates-all the Hittite country-to the Great Sea on the west." (Joshua 1:4) We ask You to remember this promise and keep Israel safe. We ask for protection for all of Israel and its people. We pray that You send legions of angels to stand guard on the borders and keep the enemy out. We ask in the name of Yeshuah, amen.
Putin Paints a Besieged Russia
Putin Paints a Besieged Russia, Says U.S. Wants to 'Rip Out Its Teeth and Claws'
Blaming the U.S. and Europe for an economic crisis gripping his country of 144 million and warning the slump could drag on for two years,Putin today signaled a sustained standoff over Ukraine.
"He believes that the economy is capable of withstanding the shock," said Alexei Makarkin, deputy director of the Moscow-based Center for Political Technologies. "Putin's psychology is very simple. From his point of view Russia has made concessions for years and to no effect."
Putin held his annual press conference, speaking to hundreds of reporters for more than three hours in an event that took on heightened importance as a 40-percent plunge in the ruble evoked memories of the country's 1998 default. (Bloomberg) Read more.
- Father, all during this holiday season, we are keeping a watchful eye upon Russia, and its actions towards the Ukraine and our own nation. Help us, Father, as Your watchmen on the wall, to remain vigilant, and to hear from Your Spirit how and when to offer intense prayer over this brooding disaster. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." (Romans 8:26)
The Daily Jot
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Cuba & the White House--When Communists convene
My son and I were just talking the other day about how it seems that many Americans just don't understand the Cold War, the terrors of communism and the oppression it causes. We are less than a generation removed from President Ronald Reagan's famous June 12, 1987 speech where he stood by the Berlin Wall and said, "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" Did you know that communism during the 20th century was responsible for the deaths of over 100 million people?
Communism, like Islamism, is one of the most divisive and deadly forms of government known to mankind. Communism attempts to void society of God by causing its people to worship the state, which becomes the provider of all things needed to survive. It is rooted in the ideal that there should be no religion other than the state, that morals and prosperity and creativity must emanate from the state. Two years after Reagan's speech, the Berlin Wall was opened to travel for local residents, reuniting families who had been separated for decades. The wall was torn down by the end of 1990 during the collapse of the Soviet Union and communism in Europe.
In that same speech, Reagan said: "The totalitarian world produces backwardness because it does such violence to the spirit, thwarting the human impulse to create, to enjoy, to worship. The totalitarian world finds even symbols of love and of worship an affront. Years ago, before the East Germans began rebuilding their churches, they erected a secular structure: the television tower at Alexander Platz. Virtually ever since, the authorities have been working to correct what they view as the tower's one major flaw, treating the glass sphere at the top with paints and chemicals of every kind. Yet even today when the sun strikes that sphere--that sphere that towers over all Berlin--the light makes the sign of the cross. There in Berlin, like the city itself, symbols of love, symbols of worship, cannot be suppressed."
When the president determines that he will normalize relations with Cuba, he is supporting and rewarding totalitarianism. Cuba, and its dictators the Castro brothers, are among the last strongholds of Soviet-era communism. It is also aligned with Iran, which many may not commonly know. The "president" is comfortable with this ilk of evildoers because of his political philosophy and upbringing. But make no mistake, the people of Cuba were duped by Castro into thinking the revolution would bring freedom. And today, Americans are being duped into believing that Cuba's oppression and totalitarianism doesn't matter anymore. As Jesus said in Matthew 24:4, "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Netanyahu Applauds Christian IDF Soldiers, Vows Israel Will Always Defend Christians against Forces Seeking to Harm and Destroy Them
Israel is the only nation in the Middle East where Christianity is growing.
(Israel)-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday told a pre-Christmas gathering of Christians in Nazareth that they and the Jews are brothers, and that Israel will never cease to defend Christians against the forces that seek to harm and destroy them.
The gathering was organized by the Israeli Christian Recruitment Forum, whose spiritual leader, Father Gabriel Naddaf, was singled out repeatedly by Netanyahu for his untiring efforts to encourage young Christians to join the Israeli army and fully integrate with Israeli society.
"On the first of December, I took my own son, Avner, to the recruitment center in Jerusalem. He volunteered to become a combat soldier in the Israel Defense Forces. The next day... Father Naddaf took his son, Jubran, to the recruitment enter in Tiberias. He volunteered to become a combat soldier in the Israel Defense Forces," Netanyahu recounted to strong applause.
"We are brothers!" the prime minister exclaimed. "We are partners! Christians and Jews and Druze and Muslims who together defend the State of Israel."
Turning to a group of Christian soldiers attending the event, Netanyahu stated, "We are brothers in arms. I commend you on the will to be full partners in contributing to and defending this nation."
Netanyahu noted that it was not always easy for Arabic-speaking Christians to so fully join themselves to Israel, but vowed that "we will firmly support you against all that would harass you."
Echoing what Father Naddaf has been busy instilling both in local Christians and Western leaders, Netanyahu pointed out that Israel is the only place in the region where Christians find safe haven.
"Christians are suffering in the Middle East," said the Israeli leader, recalling the recent "shrinkage and disappearance of entire Christian communities, communities that were there thousands of years, since the birth of Christianity, entire communities that are erased in one fell swoop, brutally, savagely."
Netanyahu insisted that all who would criticize Israel and work toward the birth of a Palestinian state that would most likely fall to Hamas must "compare this [regional situation] to Israel, the only nation in the region where the Christian population is growing."
Source: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
Mysterious ice pancakes appear on Scottish river
Here's another Scottish mystery to file alongside the Loch Ness Monster and Mel Gibson's accent in "Braveheart."
These strange frozen saucers were found during a recent cold snap near the River Dee -- a salmon-filled waterway that passes by the British Queen's summer residence, Balmoral Castle, before heading eastwards to the coastal city of Aberdeen.
River Dee Trust biologist Jamie Urquhart made the discovery and took the photos at Lummels Pool, Birse -- several miles downstream of Balmoral.
The trust said it was initially unsure what caused the pancakes, but supects they're caused by a rare phenomenon in which foam freezes in a swirling eddy.
(CNN) Read more here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Bill Posey (FL)
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" - Selah
Two Daily Conference Calls
The Lord has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night.
I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence. (Isaiah 62:6)
Come join us!
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Prayer calls are being held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
FOCUS: PUSHING BACK THE DARKNESS
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!