Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief: Abbreviated Holiday Edition
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love,
and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
Welcome to our abbreviated edition of The Daily Brief. We will publish this alert this week today and tomorrow and then stand down for the four-day New Year's weekend.
We will resume our normal daily format [including signs and wonders, good news, birthdays on the Hill, and more] beginning on Monday, January 5, 2015!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
The Daily Brief
1. Russians Rage Against America - New York Observer
If you talk to a Russian about the international political situation, sooner or later you will be informed that there is a country in North America that you've never heard of. Its name is 'Pindosia,' 'Pindostan' or, more officially, 'United States of Pindostan,' and you will be told that one part of it, called Alaska, used to belong to Russia. Part of the word-'stan'-stands for underdeveloped state, as in ' Pakistan,' 'Kazakhstan,' or 'Uzbekistan.' The citizens of this country in plural form are called 'pindoses,' in singular-'pindos.'
There are more than 316 million 'pindoses' in 'Pindostan.' Today, this country has a black President, and the Russians have a nickname for him too. He is called Maximka-after a character from a popular Soviet movie, made in 1952, which told the story of a black boy saved by the Russian sailors from the cruelty of the vicious American slave-traders who were terribly abusing him and calling him just that-"Boy." In the film, the saved boy was fed well by the Russian crew, given the name Maximka, and became one of their own in the end. But by the modern-day Russian legend, Maximka, unfortunately, has grown up into an ungrateful Russophobe.
- Father, we plead the blood of Jesus over the international relations with Russia. We can sense a storm is brewing. Give wisdom to our leaders along with boldness and courage to do what is necessary in our dealings with Russia.
- And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, (Acts 4:29)
2. Obama Wants to Make Iran 'Regional Power - Breitbart
In an interview with National Public Radio published Monday, President Barack Obama offered Iran the prospect of becoming a "regional power" in exchange for a nuclear deal.
- Father, this offer is alarming for we know Iran is vehemently against Israel. We intercede over this offer and thank You for intervening in these affairs.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. (Psalm 122:6)
3. Why the US will power the world economy in 2015 - finance-yahoo
WASHINGTON - The United States is back, and ready to drive global growth in 2015. After long struggling to claw its way out of the Great Recession, the world's biggest economy is on an extended win streak that is edging it closer to full health. But the new year doesn't look quite so bright in other major countries.
- Father, we thank You for this report. We pray for a strong economy in 2015. We pray wisdom will prevail when times are good, and that families will spend wisely and save more. May lessons learned from 2008 be implemented when the economy starts on the upswing.
- Now therefore let Pharaoh select a discerning and wise man, and set him over the land of Egypt. Let Pharaoh proceed to appoint overseers over the land and take one-fifth of the produce of the land of Egypt during the seven plentiful years. And let them gather all the food of these good years that are coming and store up grain under the authority of Pharaoh for food in the cities, and let them keep it. That food shall be a reserve for the land against the seven years of famine that are to occur in the land of Egypt, so that the land may not perish through the famine." (Genesis 41:33-57)
4. CDC says nation at epidemic threshold - abc7chicago
Illinois is reporting high flu activity and the CDC says the U.S. has hit the flu epidemic threshold nationwide. According to the CDC, the proportion of deaths reported in 122 U.S. cities from pneumonia and influenza surpassed the seasonal baseline and currently stands at the epidemic threshold of 6.8 percent. The number of states reporting high flu activity has also increased from 13 to 22.
- Father, we speak health and healing over people in all states. We command the flu to STOP, in Jesus Name. We stir up the anointing in God's people that wherever we go blessings flow.
- As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter's shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. (Acts 5:15)
5. It's Not the Zombie Apocalypse, but Killer Superbugs Could Be on the Way - foxbusiness
..drug-resistant superbugs are on pace to kill an extra 10 million people per year worldwide and cost up to $100 trillion by 2050 if global governments and pharmaceutical drug developers don't focus on battling these evolving diseases.
- Father God, You have been so merciful to the human race in causing so many medications to be discovered to combat diseases and disorders; but we now look to You to give motivation and supernatural intelligence to researchers to continue to find treatments for the new superbugs. Furthermore, we bind up, in the name of Jesus, the spread of these hard to treat diseases. Lord, have mercy on Your creation. We look to You, ultimately for our health and wellbeing.
-"One day Jesus called together his twelve disciples and gave them power and authority to cast out all demons and to heal all diseases." (Luke 9:1)
6. US Oil Rigs Are Shutting Down Like Crazy - finance- yahoo
The latest Baker Hughes rig count data showed that the total number of US rigs in operation - which includes both oil and gas rigs - fell by 35 last week, to 1,840 from 1,875. This report is usually released on Friday afternoons, but was released on Monday due to last week's Christmas holiday.
- Father, we pray over our economy and the effect of lower oil prices on the oil industry.
- Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it. (Proverbs 21:20)
7. Anti-Police Protesters Plan to Disrupt New Year's Eve Celebrations - Breitbart
Anti-police protesters are planning to disrupt New Year's Eve celebrations at major metropolitan sites. The website Stop Mass Incarceration calls upon activists to not allow New Years Eve 2015 "to go down because business as usual in Amerikkka includes wanton police murder of Black people."
- Lord God, hear our prayer concerning the masses that are motivated to be destructive. We pray for them to be released from deception and for their issues to be handled in a Godly way. You said vengeance is Yours and You know how to right all wrongs. We pray for all plans for evil to fall to the ground and all such groups to disband. We speak peace over all New Year's celebrations.
-"Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things." (Proverbs 28:5)
8. Court rules on Christian firefighters' 'gay-pride' suit - WND
After more than 10 years of litigation, the Supreme Court of Rhode Island has thrown out lawsuits by two Christian firefighters who were forced to drive a Providence fire truck in a "gay"-pride parade despite their religious objections. The firefighters, Theodore Fabrizio and Stephen Deninno, both of whom are Roman Catholic, argued they should not be mandated to participate in such an event since their personal faith neither supports nor condones homosexuality.
Writing for all five members of the high court this month, Justice William Robinson called it a legitimate work assignment, saying their appearance in the 2001 parade as public servants was "relatively anonymous." "The respondents' appearance in the parade, solely as members of the Providence Fire Department, did not constitute a form of expression on their part. Rather, it was simply the accomplishing of a task assigned to an engine company of the Providence Fire Department," Robinson wrote.
- How sad, Oh Lord, that the faith of these men has been disrespected. How sad these Justices could not render a Godly decision. We cry out to You for help as we see the Christian foundations of our country being torn down by those who should be wise and render justice. Precious Lord, we pray that You would act to find a way for this decision to be overturned and for those under the deception of this spirit to be set free.
-"For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." ( Ecclesiastes 12:14)
9. Indonesia finds bodies, debris in search for missing jet: official - yahoo
JAKARTA - Indonesian rescuers saw bodies and luggage off the coast of Borneo island on Tuesday and officials said they were "95 percent sure" debris spotted in the sea was from a missing AirAsia plane with 162 people on board.
- Father, we grieve with the families of the 162 people on board this missing AirAsia plane. Guide the rescuers in recovering these loved ones. In Jesus name.
- No, I will not abandon you or leave you as orphans in the storm-I will come to you.(John 14:18)
The Middle East in Focus
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)
(Please note the DOUBLE RAINBOW in this photo. Thank You, Yahweh, for Your promise to Your people!)
1. Palestinians submit revised statehood draft to UN - Times of Israel
UNITED NATIONS - The Palestinian leadership on Monday presented changes to a UN draft resolution on statehood that could come up for a vote at the Security Council as early as this week.
The United States again rejected the text that would pave the way to a Palestinian state by setting a 12-month deadline to reach a final peace deal and calling for Israel to withdraw to the pre-1967 lines by the end of 2017.
Arab ambassadors endorsed the text, which contains new provisions on declaring East Jerusalem the capital of a Palestinian state, settling the issue of Palestinian prisoner releases and halting Jewish settlements.
But a final decision on the timing for a vote on the draft resolution at the Security Council rests with Palestinian and Jordanian leaders.
"Both our leaderships will be discussing, to find the best way and the best timing to vote on the Security Council resolution," Jordanian Ambassador Dina Kawar told reporters. (Read more)
2. Hamas left out of loop on UN draft proposal, official charges - The Times of Israel
Leader blasts Abbas for not consulting group on eight amendments to statehood bid; chief Palestinian negotiator says vote Wednesday. (Read more)
3. Israeli Media Takes a Positive Look at Messianic Jews - Israel Today
Israel's leading media group, Keshet, has taken a keen interest in the nation's Messianic Jewish community after one of its flagship television shows, the popular singing competition Kochav Haba ("The Next Star"), featured a Messianic Jewish contestant.
Keshet's online news and entertainment portal, Mako, published a weekend story asking readers to take a closer look at Israel's 15,000 Messianic Jews and to be more welcoming toward those who believe in Yeshua (Jesus). (Read more)
4. Israeli Journalist 'Horrified' After Interviewing ISIS Fighters About Bloodthirsty Terror Tactics - The Algemeiner
Israeli journalist Itai Anghel said in a radio interview last week that it was "horrifying" to hear about terrorist tactics and their graphic details described to him by captured ISIS fighters he spoke with while in Iraq and Syria.
Anghel spent a week in each country, staying in the Kurdish-held territories to report on ISIS for the Israeli television show Uvdah. He interviewed ISIS fighters captured by Kurdish forces about acts they committed as members of the terrorist group, including beheadings, as well as their stance on Jews and Israel. Some of the captives were blindfolded during their interviews with Anghel and none of them knew that the reporter was Israeli. (Read more. CAUTION! Not for children!!)
5. The U.S. and Iran are aligned in Iraq against the Islamic State - for now - Washington Post
Iranian military involvement has dramatically increased in Iraq over the past year as Tehran has delivered desperately needed aid to Baghdad in its fight against Islamic State militants, say U.S., Iraqi and Iranian sources. In the eyes of Obama administration officials, equally concerned about the rise of the brutal Islamist group, that's an acceptable role - for now.
Yet as U.S. troops return to a limited mission in Iraq, American officials remain apprehensive about the potential for renewed friction with Iran, either directly or via Iranian-backed militias that once attacked U.S. personnel on a regular basis. (Read more)
6. Turkey backs Palestinians over holy site tensions - Yahoo News
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said Sunday that Turkey stands behind Palestinians in their efforts to oppose what he called Israeli attempts to "reduce the Islamic character" of Jerusalem. Davutoglu was speaking to reporters in the central Turkish city of Konya, a day after meeting with exiled Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal. (Read more)
7. Unauthorized Muslim Construction on Temple Mount - You Tube Video
Unauthorized work being done on the Temple Mount floor was filmed today (December 28, 2014). The work, which included the breaking up of the Temple Mount surface by jackhammer, was ordered by the Muslim Waqf. (View here)
The Daily Jot (Part One)
Monday, December 29, 2014
Socialist healthcare failing
It was just December 2009 when the usurpers in the Senate passed the socialist health care bill as a "Christmas" present to the American people. The government now brags that there are some 7.4 million people enrolled as of Christmas 2014. From a population of some 320 million, these are horrible figures on a "mandated" program. From my perspective, it is against my religion to sign up. This bill steals from some and gives to others; it forces participation in covetousness; it includes provisions that force pro-life people to support abortion and panels who decide who receives certain health care. As for me and my house, we will not participate. If enough of us do not participate, it will fail.
If ever there were a case that the words of John Jay should be etched on the doorstep of every home, the behavior of Congress and the White House who forced this upon us would prove it. Jay, the first Justice of the US Supreme Court, wrote in a letter addressed to Pennsylvania House of Representatives member John Murray, dated October 12, 1816, "Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest, of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." Many a pastor has preached from the pulpit that Christians should not be involved in politics, and this current gaggle of evildoers in public office are the wages of this errant teaching.
There are many who look within the world system and decry that it is impossible to turn things around for the better. Indeed, looking through the eyes of what we know as human beings--the immediate past and present Administrations have driven Americans into unprecedented debt; Constitutional rights have been trampled as if they were never written; enemies have been allowed unchecked entry into our nation for the purpose of colonization; secret societies and special interest groups have overcome our nation like thorns on an abandoned farm. But these adversities are no less than those faced by a handful of Pilgrims, or a small group of minutemen, or the brave souls at Normandy.
The Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 8:31, "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Yes we have drifted as a nation from our Lord, but let us remember the promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." God sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. Psalm 103:2 says, "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits." It all starts with Jesus. May your relationship with Him give you peace, comfort and strength.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot (Part Two)
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Remember the persecuted
During the holiday season, we in America celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. It is estimated that over 77 percent of Americans celebrated Christmas in some form or another, even those who do not accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. That's down from 92% in 2013. Irrespective, most of us were with family or friends. Most of us attended some form of church service. Most of us exchanged gifts in the comfort of our homes or someone else's house. Most of us broke bread with loved ones and, even if it is brief, experienced the love and the spirit of the birth of Christ.
Certainly there has been a lot written about the war on Christmas. The American Civil Liberties Union and its partners continue to press for their brand of separation of church and state. They file suit against towns for wanting to display nativity scenes. They file suit against schools for wanting to discuss Christmas or have Christmas decorations, sing Christmas songs or even exchange gifts. They have created an atmosphere in the United States where a lot of private businesses are cautious or downright afraid to promote Christmas for fear of some sort of legal retaliation. Christians, offended by this attack, have countered, claiming a form of persecution.
But isn't this how persecution starts? Someone is offended here or there and suddenly an entire segment of the Christmas tradition is removed. In other places of the world, however, Christians want to celebrate Christmas. They may, however, be exchanging smiles instead of gifts because any outward celebration of their Savior's birth could result in their own death or incarceration. China benefits most from America's celebration of Christmas. Its hard to find a gift that's not made in China or even a Christmas light or ornament that doesn't have the Chinese imprimatur stamped on it. But openly worshipping the Lord there could land you in jail-for the rest of your life, given you will be tortured, beaten and starved.
Christian persecution continues around the world--even where Christians respond with love and grace and giving after natural disasters and other catastrophes. We know of pastors in Iran who are imprisoned in the most harsh conditions for their faith in Christ. In Indonesia, where Christians responded with love and kindness after the tsunami there in 2005, Islamists are forbidding their followers from sending Christmas greetings to their Christian neighbors because it is forbidden under Sharia law. Those filled with hate give the gift of death. The present God gives is one of life through His Son Jesus Christ. This Christmas, let us not forget those who are persecuted, for as Jesus said in Matthew 5:10, "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Rivals in military religious freedom dispute say rule is unclear
WASHINGTON - Faith in Jesus might not be your solution, an Army Ranger chaplain told members of the 5th Ranger Training Battalion in a mandatory suicide prevention briefing last month, but that's what helped him through his struggle with depression.
The presentation prompted a sharply worded letter from the chaplain's commander and rekindled a long-running dispute over whether the expression - and the promotion - of religious faith must remain private in the U.S. military or whether it is allowable on duty.
Nearly a year after the Department of Defense issued a heavily revised religious expression policy that advocates said would bring a new level of religious freedom, the dispute at Fort Benning, Ga., is evidence that the new wording hasn't done away with old disputes. The fight over what constitutes free exercise and what qualifies as government-imposed religion remains as heated as ever. (Source: Stars and Stripes)Read more.
The Lord is Our Provider
The Lord is Our Provider:
A teaching published by the National Day of Prayer Task Force
To read this excellent article, please go here.
PRAY for AMERICA- 2015
PRAY for AMERICA- 2015
Special Guest: Governor Bobby Jindal, Louisiana shares his testimony, vision
New Years Day, 1/1/15, Join in prayer for your nation by conference call:
712-432-0075, Access code 4961322#
10 pm - midnight ET
9-11 pm CT
8-10 pm MT
7-9 pm PT
Hosted by National Day of Prayer Task Force
1. The Response: A Call for a Nation in Crisis
2. National Healing and Hope: Ferguson - MLK Day, 1/19
3. America's role in the Peace of Jerusalem
4. New Year 2015: Year of the Lord's favor
For details, please go here:
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
By Susan L. Turner
Week of Dec. 29, 2014 - January 3, 2015
Our Weekly Bible Study
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to the many of you who have not only responded to my husband's end-of-year appeal, but have also taken the time to write such wonderful notes of appreciation to our team for all we do.
Each one of your messages has truly touched my heart . . .
. . . and with your help, we will now definitely end this year in the black, and beyond.
Jim and I and our Board of Directors all want to say a BIG THANK YOU for your kindness to us. When you "vote" with an offering, we welcome your gift, and we take it as a sign from our Lord and from you that we are, indeed, called to continue in this work.
In His Amazing Grace, and God bless you,
Sara Ballenger, President
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Give, and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom." (Luke 6:38)
A Reminder for your Year-End Giving
A Reminder for your Year-End Giving
Please know that offerings postmarked or given online by December 31st (Wednesday) will be recorded as 2014 donations.
An acknowledgment for your total offerings will be sent to you next month.
We thank you again for your gracious support of this work. God bless you.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"One Thing Remains" - Jesus Culture
Two Daily Conference Calls
The Lord has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night.
I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence. (Isaiah 62:6)
Come join us!
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Prayer calls are being held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
FOCUS: PUSHING BACK THE DARKNESS
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!