God has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night. See Conference Call information below. (Is. 62:6)
Praying with Australian intercessors
over the tragedy in Sydney. Go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
"But the greatest of these is love."(I Corinthians 13:13)
The Daily Brief
1. Over 130 Pakistanis, mostly children, killed in Taliban high school attack - Reuters
At least 132 people, most of them children, were killed on Tuesday when Taliban gunmen stormed a school in the Pakistani city of Peshawar, taking hundreds of students hostage in the bloodiest insurgent attack in the country in years. More than eight hours after militants slipped into the heavily guarded compound through a back entrance, the army declared the operation to flush them out over, and said that all nine insurgents had been killed.
The attack on a military-run high school attended by more than 1,100 people, many of them children of army personnel, struck at the heart of Pakistan's military establishment, an assault certain to enrage the country's powerful army. (Read more)
- Abba Father, Comfort the parents and family members of these students. May this massacre that was meant for evil be turned to good by these people abandoning this demonic religion and turning to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In His Name, Amen.
- "For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death." (2 Corinthians 7:10)
2. Police storm Sydney cafe to end hostage siege, three dead - Yahoo
SYDNEY - Heavily armed Australian police stormed a Sydney cafe early on Tuesday morning and freed terrified hostages held there at gunpoint, in a dramatic end to a 16-hour siege in which two captives and the attacker were killed.
- Father, thank You for the release of these captives. We also pray for those families of the captives who were killed. Father, protect us from terrorists on every side.
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
3. Peter King: Sydney Attack Part of 'Changing Face of Terrorism' - Newsmax
The attack in Sydney in which a gunman held numerous hostages in a 16-hour ordeal was an example of the "changing face of terrorism," Rep. Peter King told Fox News on "America's Newsroom." Man Haron Monis, the Iranian refugee identified in the attack, held an unknown number of people hostage in Lindt Chocolat Cafe in a standoff that began early Monday. The crisis ended after heavily armed police swarmed the cafe early Tuesday morning, local time. (Read more)
- Abba Father, what we see in the natural is just a glimpse of what is going on in the spirit world. The demonic forces of Allah are on the rampage. But we declare that greater are You than this demonic horde.We thank You that You are our Protector and that the armies of heaven surround the people of the USA and protect us from lone wolf attacks. Abba, we put our trust in You. Open the eyes of our intelligence community and our police. Give them discernment about what to pursue to keep us safe. In His Name, Amen.
- "And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment." (Philippians 1:9)
4. Hundreds of Chinese said fighting alongside Islamic State in Middle East - Jerusalem Post
About 300 Chinese people are fighting alongside the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, a Chinese state-run newspaper said on Monday, a rare tally that is likely to fuel worry in China that militants pose a threat to security. China has expressed concern about the rise of Islamic State in the Middle East, nervous about the effect it could have on its Xinjiang region. (Read more)
- Precious Lord, in the name of Jesus, we come against the recruiting efforts in this region of China, and decree a stop to the growth of ISIS. We ask that You would raise up a strong witness to Your Son Jesus in this area. We pray for any Believers that are underground to be safe and to multiply.
- "Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them." (Deuteronomy 11:16)
5. Iran Readies Ballistic Missiles Against US, FBI Says Iran Hackers Target Key US Departments - au.ibtimes
Iran's ballistic missiles, radars and satellites against its enemies are all geared up, according to the deputy commander of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard Corps or IRCG Hossein Salami. The warning comes after the United States announced extended deadline for the Iran nuclear negotiation to July 2015. (Read more)
- Father, give our leaders a strong, decisive action plan regarding Iran. Open our eyes to see Iran's deception.
- "Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully."
6. Christians on verge of extinction in Iraq - WND
Open Doors USA is one of the leading international organizations assisting persecuted Christians around the world. It has a team actively involved inside Iraq, but Curry admits ISIS clearly has believers there running for their lives. "I think they've largely succeeded in driving out Christians in many of these areas to the north of Baghdad," he said.
While ISIS presents the most intense and most immediate threat to Christians in Iraq, Curry said Christians have been targeted ever since the Iraq War began in 2003.
"Christianity has been under attack for a long time in Iraq. This has been more than just what's happened this summer. Over the last 10 years, you've gone from what amounts to about a million Christians in Iraq to maybe a few thousand by some of our estimates," said Curry, who added that physical conditions for Iraqi Christians are very bleak. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we bring Your persecuted remnant in Iraq before You for Your mercy, comfort, guidance and peace. We ask You to rise up and protect them, surrounding them with Your mighty warrior angels, so that they will not be completely slaughtered or driven away from their homeland forever by the evil actions of ISIS. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Help me, O Lord my God! Oh, save me according to Your mercy, that they may know that this is Your hand-That You, Lord, have done it!" (Psalm 109: 26-27 NKJV)
7. Court: Obama's 'Executive Action on Immigration Is Unconstitutional' - CNSNews.com
A judge for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania issued a "memorandum opinion" on Tuesday stating that President Barack Obama's unilateral action on immigration--which would allow some illegal aliens to stay in the United States and work--is unconstitutional.
"The November 20, 2014 executive action on immigration is unconstitutional," says Judge Arthur J. Schwab in one heading of the "memorandum opinion" he issued in the case of United States of America v. Elionardo Juarez-Escobar.
"President Obama's unilateral legislative action violates the separation of powers provided for in the Constitution as well as the Take Care Clause, and therfore, is unconstitional," said the judge. (Read more)
- Father God, we thank You that the courts are now taking a hard look at this president's action on "Executive amnesty" and deeming it against the law. We ask that this case be contested all the way up to the Supreme Court, and that this action be ruled unconstitutional, too, by our highest court, and this action thus rendered null and void. We thank You, Lord, that You have given us three branches of government, "for such a time as this." We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "For the Lord is our Judge,
The Lord is our Lawgiver,
The Lord is our King;
He will save us." (Isaiah 33:22)
8. Obama's Amnesty Plan Also Ends Program for Enforcing Immigration Laws - CNSNews.com
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson issued a series of memorandums on the same day the President Barack Obama announced he would take executive action to protect millions of illegal aliens from being deported, including ending Secure Communities, the partnership between federal, state and local law enforcement to facilitate the enforcement of the nation's immigration laws. "The Secure Communities program, as we know it, will be discontinued," the first line of Johnson's Nov. 20 memo reads.
The memo is directed to DHS's Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties; Thomas Winkowski, acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE); and Philip McNamara, assistant secretary for intergovernmental affairs. "The goal of Secure Communities was to more effectively identify and facilitate the removal of criminal aliens in the custody of state a local law enforcement agencies," the memo stated. "But the reality is the program has attracted a great deal of criticism, is widely misunderstood, and is embroiled in litigation; its very name has become a symbol for general hostility toward the enforcement of our immigration laws," it added. (Read more)
- Father God, we come before Your Throne of Grace, and we ask that You would mete out justice to those who seem intent on dismantling laws in our land that are meant to protect our citizens. Thank You, Lord, that as we pray, You do listen and respond. In Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it-- one from the house of David-- one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness." (Isaiah 16:5)
9. Fed faces big decision over a few choice words - Reuters
Federal Reserve officials will decide this week whether to make a critical change to their policy statement that would widen the door for interest rate hikes next year and effectively bet the United States will continue to shine in a gloomy global economy. (Read more)
- Dear Father, we do indeed pray that our economy will be blessed by You to prosper and that Your people will continue to look to You for all their needs. We pray that Your people will have abundance enough to bless the less fortunate and send missionaries around the world. We pray the financial leaders of our country will use wisdom from above to manage their area of expertise so that we may not experience an economic downfall.
- "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocricy." (James 3:17)
10. The Bogeyman has entered the nursery - Canada Free Press
In the nightmare world progressives are designing for civil society, little tots are no longer your little tots. They are government-sought human resources to be raised as tomorrow's anarchists. "On Wednesday, the White House Summit on Early Education will unveil nearly $1 billion in new "investments" to "expand access to high-quality early childhood education to every child in America" from "birth and continuing to age 5." (Read more)
- Oh, Father God, we come strongly against this evil plan to indoctrinate the children of our country and weaken the parent-child relationship. In the name of Jesus, we speak against this plan to nationalize early childhood and ask that You would raise up a standard against this. Bring an awareness to parents that this is not Your plan for the family and that parents, and only parents, must choose the education they desire for their children.
-"You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up." (Deuteronomy 6:7)
The Middle East in Focus
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)
(Please note the DOUBLE RAINBOW in this photo. Thank You, Yahweh, for Your promise to Your people!)
1. Netanyahu Rejects Palestinian UN Bid in Meeting with Kerry - YnetNews
Palestinian UN bid aims to set deadline for 'Israeli occupation' to end in two years; US undecided on whether it will veto the bill in the UN Security Council.
We will not accept attempts to dictate to us unilateral moves on a limited timetable," Netanyahu said before flying to Italy where he was scheduled to meet with Secretary Kerry.
Amid a renewed drive to push the Israeli-Palestinian peace process to the top of the global agenda, Kerry and Netanyahu met in the US ambassador's sumptuous residence in Rome.
The Americans are seeking to avert an end-of-year showdown at the United Nations Security Council, which could place them in a diplomatic quandary.
The Palestinians have said they will submit an Arab-backed draft text setting a two-year deadline for an end to the "decades-long Israeli occupation of their lands" to the UN as early as Wednesday. (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that, just before the terrible news broke out of Sydney, You alerted Your watchmen to pray over this key meeting in Rome. We thank You for answering our prayers, and for gracing P.M. Netanyahu the strength to stand against the latest scheme by the Palestinians to claim land which is not theirs. Thank You, Lord . . . You truly are in control of the affairs of men. We ask that, if this PA proposal is submitted to the U.N. tomorrow, that it fail. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; Speak the word, but it will not stand, For God is with us." (Isaiah 8:10)
2. John Kerry Meets European Ministers on Palestinian UN Bid - NDTV
Kerry was meeting over dinner with the foreign ministers of France, Britain and Germany inside the airport on a short stopover on his way to London, seeking clarification on a French-led bid to bring a resolution about the Palestinians to the UN Security Council. "Even if the Palestinians have a text in their hand, the Americans have already said that they will veto it," he said. Earlier Netanyahu angrily rejected a Palestinian bid to set a UN deadline for an end to Israel's occupation.(Read more)
- Father, we thank You that, for now, the U.S. is ready to veto this Palestinian proposal should it reach the U.N. Security Council. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- 'This far you may come, but no farther, And here your proud waves must stop!' (Job 38:10)
3. Liberman: Israel's standing in the world is in danger if we don't present a diplomatic initiative - Jerusalem Post
Foreign Minister Avigodor Liberman warned Tuesday that Israel's standing in the world and the country's relations with its Western allies are in danger of suffering a serious blow if the Jewish state does not take the initiative and present its own diplomatic plan.
Liberman's comments came ahead of an expected UN Security Council vote on Wednesday on a Palestinian proposal for a resolution recognizing a Palestinian state and forcing an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank within two years. In addition, the European Parliament is also set to vote on Palestinian state recognition.
The foreign minister said that all of these moves were part of a "diplomatic attack" by the Palestinians that Israel would have to face wisely and with strength.(Read more)
4. European UN draft likely to reference Israel's Jewish nature -Times of Israel
The European proposal for a United Nations Security Council resolution calling for the creation of a Palestinian state will probably include a reference to Israel as a Jewish state, The Times of Israel has learned.
No final text has yet been agreed upon, and it remains unclear how explicit the reference would be. But all states working on the draft resolution are in favor of mentioning, in some way or another, Israel's Jewish character, according to several European diplomats. (Read more)
5. PA Envoy: We Want to Join ICC and Bring Israel to Justice - Israel National News
The Palestinian Authority's (PA) UN envoy, Riyad Mansour, told member-states of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in a first address on Monday that the Palestinians plan to join the ICC "at an appropriate time."
Mansour made the address after the PA was given the status of observer state to the assembly of states parties to the ICC. The PA has yet to formally apply to join the 122-member court.
"The time to join will be decided by our leadership at an appropriate time," Mansour said, according to the AFP news agency. (Read more)
6. Former Shin Bet Chief Urges Livni to Apologize to Netanyahu - Israel National News
Former Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) chief Yuval Diskin is known for his strong criticism of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, but even he thought that former Justice Minister Tzipi Livni crossed a line in her sharp attack of Netanyahu on a satirical television program several days ago.
Writing on Facebook, Diskin said that Livni's remarks were "unacceptable and ugly". "I normally have a great appreciation for Livni's attitudes and values, but in this case I'm coming out against her in the most aggressive manner," he said.
"It is permissible and even desirable to criticize," stressed Diskin. "This is in part the essence of democracy. Personally, I too have criticism over the conduct of the Prime Minister and his leadership style and his lack of personal example. But there is a fine line in my opinion, that once people cross it, they become what Netanyahu and his friends were when they ignored the incitement of their supporters against Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin." (Read more)
7. National Union Says There Are Still Gaps with Bennett - Israel National News
The National Union/Tekuma party, headed by Minister Uri Ariel, rejected on Monday evening reports that Ariel and Jewish Home chairman Naftali Bennett are close to signing an agreement to run together in the upcoming elections.
Officials in the National Union said there are still gaps between Ariel and Bennett and that the two are scheduled to have another meeting on Tuesday morning.
Talk of a possible split between Jewish Home and National Union/Tekuma began surfacing several weeks ago, after rumors of a new deal with Tekuma consisting of a full combination between the parties caused considerable controversy within Jewish Home. (Read more)
8. Hamas's Mashaal Says Reconciliation is 'Not Satisfying' - Israel National News
In yet another sign that the Hamas-Fatah unity government is crumbling, the head of Hamas's politburo, Khaled Mashaal, said Monday that the Palestinian reconciliation "scene" was not satisfying, reports the Ma'an news agency.
Mashaal was quoted as having told the al-Risala newspaper that the "reconciliation scene is not satisfying and it is painful; this should prompt us and be a challenge to us because this is not a marginal subject." (Read more)
9. Fatah 'Hint' Calls for Assassination of Israeli Leader? - Israel National News
The heart-attack death of a Palestinian Authority minister after a scuffle with Israeli soldiers last week has led to a Fatah call to "respond in kind."
Palestinian Media Watch (PMW), an organization that tracks PA media reports, says that, based on past history, this "could be interpreted as a call to assassinate an Israeli minister" and must be taken seriously.
PMW reported today that Fatah's military wing, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, publicized a call to its members "in the West Bank [of the Jordan River, i.e., Judea and Samaria] to respond in kind." They called Abu Ein's death the "assassination of Minister Ziad Abu Ein." (Read more)
10. Ancient rock adds evidence of King David's existence - Times of Israel
NEW YORK (JTA) - Dimly lit, the stone slab, or stele, doesn't look particularly noteworthy, especially when compared to the more lavish sphinxes, jewelry and cauldrons one encounters en route to the room where it is installed.
Indeed, in a Twitter post this fall, art journalist Lee Rosenbaum described the nearly 13-by-16 inch c. 830 BCE rock, as "homely."
What's significant about this stone - on view at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art as part of its "Assyria to Iberia at the Dawn of the Classical Age" exhibit running through January 4 - is its inscription: "the earliest extra-biblical reference to the House of David." (Read more)
11. Insight for Intercessors - (CHPP)
To read today's Hanukkah edition of Insight for Intercessors, please go here.
Tonight is the first night of Chanukah. As the Jewish people both in Israel and in exile, light the Chanukah candles, we ask that His Word would shine brighter and brighter as more and more candles are lit each night.
PRAYERS FOR HANUKKAH:
1. Set Your Word as the ultimate truth in the hearts of Your people, the plumb line with which they judge all things - both natural and spiritual.
-- . . . in Your light we see light. (Psalms 36:9)
-- Your Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path. (Psalms 119:105)
Sanctify them through Your truth. Your Word is truth. (John 17:17)
2. Give Your people a deep hunger for the unfiltered Word of God.
-- "Open [their] eyes, so that [they] may behold wonderful things out of Your Law." (Psalms 119:18 paraphrased)
3. Give honor to all rabbinic teachings that are in line with Your written Word - but expose as false all teachings that are opposed to Your written Word. [Lord, do the same in Your Church as well.]
-- The grass withers, the flower fades; but the Word of our God shall stand forever. (Isaiah 40:8)
(Source: Intercessors for Israel)
Russia to Retaliate Against the US
Russia to Retaliate Against the US Over Sanctions,
Troops and Warheads Ready
In its bid to impose more sanctions on Russia for its actions concerning Ukraine, the US Congress approved unanimously a new set of provisions over the country. Russia warned the West previously that if it pushes through with the bill then it will retaliate accordingly. There are now concerns about Russia's next move. (Laura Densmore; Hebrew Nation News)
The Pentagon has threatened Russia with redeploying nuclear cruise missiles to Europe, accusing Moscow of violating two arms control treaties.
"We don't have ground-launched cruise missiles in Europe now obviously because they're prohibited by the treaty," said Brian McKeon, principal deputy undersecretary for policy at the Department of Defense.
"But that would obviously be one option to explore," he added.
Washington says Moscow violated the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty and the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe.
However, Russia denied the allegation and said the testing of a ground-launched cruise missile in July 2014 was in compliance with the INF treaty.
Undersecretary for Arms Control and International Security Rose Gottemoeller announced that US President Barack Obama has written his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin about the violation.
Gottemoeller said that the United States were considering a list of "military countermeasures" against Russia.
McKeon also warned Russia not to engage in an "escalatory cycle of action and reaction."
He said Russian and US counter-actions "will make Russia less secure."
"This violation will not go unanswered, because there is too much at stake," he said. (Press TV - Iranian source)Read more.
The Daily Jot
Prophecy clock ticks--A terrorist state next to Israel
The president is reportedly undecided whether he will instruct his United Nations Ambassador to veto an upcoming UN Security Council resolution calling for "Israeli occupation" of "Palestinian" territory to end by November 2016. Form the advent of the "president's" support for Arab Spring, where he openly assisted the Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda in overthrowing governments across the Middle East and Northern Africa, to his present undecided regarding the UN, this "president" has been decidedly pro-Islamic throughout his administration at the expense of Israel. This advocacy extends beyond any aid and lip service supplied by his Administration and the Congress. It is far deeper.
Now Secretary of State John Kerry is spending taxpayer dollars jetting around Europe to meet with Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the chief negotiator for the Palestinian Authority Saeb Erekat on when Israel will vacate so-called "Palestinian territories" to clear the way for a "Palestinian State." Going back to former presidents Jimmy Carter, George HW Bush, and Bill Clinton, efforts to broker peace between terrorists and the legitimate nation of Israel have been unsuccessful. It was President George W Bush who was the first president to publicly state that there should be a Palestinian state living side by side in peace with Israel. The current "president" has put that notion on steroids.
Kerry and his minions are using American leverage and the UN Security Council to force Israel's hand on abdicating its very safety. There can be no peace in the Middle East so long as Islam exists. If these radicals are not killing Jews, they are killing each other. It has been that way since the beginning of recorded history and it is the fulfillment of prophecy. Genesis 16:12 says of the father of Islam, Ishmael, "And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him." This prophetic theme is repeated several times. In the end time battle in Ezekiel 38, the Lord says of the Islamic nations coming against Israel led by Gog, "every man's sword shall be against his brother."
For those who want to discount or discredit Biblical prophecy in holding out that "Palestinians" need their own state and they will be peaceful, look no further than a few miles down the highway to Gaza. When Israel vacated Gaza, the "Palestinians" essentially destroyed the infrastructure there, elected the terrorist group Hamas to represent them, and has spent the years building a terrorist infrastructure and firing missiles at civilians in Israel. Since then, the so-called "moderate" Palestinian Authority in August allied with Hamas, meaning that these Islamists refuse to recognize Israel as a nation and they will continue to terrorize Israel long after they have agreed to live in peace with it. Kerry and the "president" are foolhardy to think otherwise.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Terror in Sydney (One)
An Alert Posted by Generals of Intercession
Monday, December 15, 2014
Headlines appeared today with the culmination of an extremely frightful and violent terrorist incident in Sydney, Australia which left three dead. There is no doubt you have probably read about what happened. There is also no doubt that Australia needs our prayers today as they recover from a situation that we have seen too many times. . .
Although the siege has ended, we can't help but sympathize with the all those effected by this incident. Australia needs our prayer right now.
- Pray for the Lord to comfort those who lost loved ones as well as those who were held hostage. Ask God to heal the emotional trauma and physical wounds that this situation caused.
- We know that Australia recently uncovered a major terrorist plot a few months ago aimed at the Parliament building. Pray for Australia to be protected by God's hand and for any other plots to be exposed.
- Pray for Muslims in Australia to be drawn to salvation in Jesus. Pray specifically for pastors and believers in Australia to receive callings that would usher in a revival for the Muslim people.
Thank you for praying! We are so grateful for you and your intercessory partnership with us for the United States, and the nations of the earth.
Standing with you,
Mike and Cindy Jacobs
> > > Read the full alert by going here.
Terror in Sydney (Two)
Jihad In Sydney
Sydney, Australia, is the latest target of jihadist terrorism. Man Haron Monis, an Iranian refugee with a lengthy and violent criminal history, entered the Lindt cafe in downtown Sydney during morning rush hour and took at least a dozen hostages.
Monis forced some of the hostages to hold up the black flag of jihad. The crisis ended 16 hours later when a SWAT team stormed the cafe and killed Monis. Two others are reportedly dead.
Australia has been a key U.S. ally in the fight against Al Qaeda and the Taliban, and it has paid a heavy toll for standing with us. In 2002, bombs destroyed two night clubs popular with foreign tourists in Bali, Indonesia, killing 88 Australians.
This year, Prime Minister Tony Abbott committed Australian troops to the fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria. In September, hundreds of Australian law enforcement officers carried out raids in several major cities. More than a dozen jihadist sympathizers were arrested for plotting random beheadings in the streets.
As we learned on 9/11, radical Islam is not just Israel's problem. The desire of jihadists to kill the infidel is not restricted to the Middle East. This enemy cannot be negotiated with and political correctness will not appease it. The nations of the civilized world must find the courage to defeat these modern day barbarians.
Terror in Sydney (Three)
Australian Police Kill Muslim Jihadi While Sydney's Islamic Community
Australian Police stormed a cafe in Sydney today (Dec 15) killing an Iranian Sunni Muslim who had taken hostages and made demands, ending the siege which began yesterday.
This incident is instructive in so many ways because of: (1) the language used by all sides to describe the perpetrator - Man Haron Monis (a Jihadi); (2) attempts by the media to differentiate Monis from the broader Muslim community which claims he was completely "unknown" to them; (3) what Monis said and did, which is being interpreted through a Western lense instead of the Islamic lens (Sharia); and (4) the immediate response from the Islamic community in Australia, which is calling for more concessions from Australia for Muslims at the same time one of it's own killed people in the non-Muslim community.
This last note is the exact same response we always see around the world when a Muslim kills a soldier in Arkansas, beheads people anywhere, blows up a bomb in Boston, shoots and kills soldiers at Fort Hood, or any of a number of other events in recent memory. Muslims kill, then demand more concessions and call for protection from the oncoming "backlash" which, oddly enough, never comes.
(Continue reading here)
John Guandolo, President
Understanding the Threat
Terror in Sydney (Four)
AUSTRALIAN PRAYER NETWORK NEWSLETTER - SPECIAL EDITION:
AN EDITORIAL ON THE TRAGIC EVENTS OF THE SYDNEY SIEGE
Australia has been deeply impacted by the tragic events of the past 36 hours which have been played out in front of our eyes on our television screens, enhancing the feel that we were personally involved in the siege ourselves.
Our concern for those involved has been heightened by the advent of live coverage of such events and the advent of social media which draws us into the events almost as if we ourselves were participants.
Many today are asking the questions, why? How could this happen in Australia? It could have been me in that café! How do we pray now? There are no easy answers to any of these quite legitimate and understandable questions. In tragedies such as this it is easy to make quick judgements but usually it is upon reflection and in our quiet personal times with the Lord that the still small voice of God speaks most deeply of the revelations, truth and understandings that He wants us to grasp from these situations. In this editorial therefore it is not my intent to try and interpret all that God would want to say to us through this tragedy but simply to express my opinion as to what should be our response at this time. . . .
. . . So how should we pray at this time?
Firstly let us pray for those directly impacted by this tragedy. For the loved ones grieving the loss of family and friends.
- Pray for those who have been traumatised by the events that we have witnessed or have been caught up in them, that they would find healing, peace and a measure of understanding that will enable to them to return to some normality of life.
- Pray for the Police and emergency service personnel at the centre of this tragedy that they too will be able to recover from the impact upon their lives as they have witnessed evil take the lives of innocent people before their own very eyes.
- Pray for our leaders that they would be able to comfort and lead our nation in its grief.
- Praise God for the empathy expressed by our Head of State, the Governor General, in traveling to Sydney to lay flowers on behalf of us all at the memorial shrine that Martin Place has become.
- Pray that the Lord would give wisdom to Christian leaders as they make public statements to a nation many of whom may be angry that God has allowed such things to happen to innocent people.
- Pray for the Muslim community in our nation who at present will be feeling very vulnerable, as someone who shares their faith has perpetrated such an atrocity. Pray that as they search their own hearts and faith for answers to this situation that Truth will be revealed to them.
- Pray against reprisals that come from a spirit of anger and frustration.
Let us as a nation respond to this situation with the love and actions of Christ, identifying with those who mourn, offering hope and understanding to those who are confused, and setting the example of a life lived in the security of our faith in Jesus Christ, by gently ministering His love to all in need who cross our path.
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God our Father, and the Fellowship and comfort of the Holy Spirit, be with us all in Australia today and in the days and weeks to come, that out of the darkness of this hour may come His glorious victory which He makes available to all who will believe in Him.
Brian Pickering, National Coordinator
and on behalf of the national leadership team of the Australian Prayer Network.
Source: Australian Prayer Network
> > > Please note: this is an excerpt only. Please go here to read the original article in its entirety.
FBI Warns of U.S. Terror Attack
FBI Warns of U.S. Terror Attack "Very, Very Soon"
There has been debate in the media about whether this "Khorosan Group" is even a real thing, but this week FBI Director James Comey warned that they could be working hard on a plan to launch an attack within the United States. Not only that, Comey said, but they might be looking to do it "very, very soon." "Given our visibility, we know they're serious people, bent on destruction, Comey said on CBS's 60 Minutes Sunday. He wasn't exactly clear whether he was talking about military intelligence or a kind of outsider's "best guess", but it's another of those stark warnings that have begun to pop up with inordinate frequency. A cynical critic could claim (and they have) that this is diversion. With the mid-terms approaching, this president wants a public focused on fear. But those claims ring hollow with this administration. For all of his faults, Obama has been almost irresponsibly reluctant to pull the war card. For him to suddenly renounce everything he's stood for this late in the game makes zero sense.
So if we agree that the last thing Obama wants is to go back on his word to keep U.S. ground forces out of Syria and Iraq, then the other alternative is that the threats are real. And if they're mentioning them with regularity on television, it must be with the aim of preparing the populace. We have a grave threat at our doorstep, so don't be surprised . . . (PatriotNewsDaily)
- See more here.
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Our Weekly Bible Study:
By Susan L. Turner
Week of Sunday, December 14 - Saturday, December 20
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Ceasefire in Ukraine: Is Russia Resurging?
This week Ukraine saw its first 24-hour pause in violence since the war between government separatists militias began seven months ago.
Russia Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said a ceasefire will likely happen soon.
The cessation in hostilities follows a proposal last week by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to hold a "day of silence" as a bid to revive a largely ignored cease-fire deal reached in September.
CBN News' International reporter George Thomas has been covering the situation in the Ukraine since the unrest began. He spoke about whether a ceasefire will last and what Christians are doing in the country to help.
Signs and Wonders
What would happen if the Yellowstone supervolcano actually erupted?
If the supervolcano underneath Yellowstone National Park ever had another massive eruption, it could spew ash for thousands of miles across the United States, damaging buildings, smothering crops, and shutting down power plants. It'd be a huge disaster. But that doesn't mean we should all start freaking out.
(Yahoo News) Read more here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." (Luke 21:25-28)
Today's Birthday on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Rep. Donald M. Payne Jr., N.J.
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"Joy To The World" - Chris Tomlin
Two Daily Conference Calls
The Lord has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night.
I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence. (Isaiah 62:6)
Come join us!
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Prayer calls are being held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
FOCUS: PUSHING BACK THE DARKNESS
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!