God has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night. See Conference Call information below. (Is. 62:6)
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Friday, December 19, 2014
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
"But the greatest of these is love."(I Corinthians 13:13)
The Daily Brief
1. Obama says Sony made a mistake canceling the showings of "The Interview' - AOL
U.S. President Barack Obama expressed regrets today at his "end of year news conference" that Sony Pictures did not speak with him prior to canceling the scheduled release of "The Interview."Obama fired verbal shots over the brow of North Korea and dictator Kim Jong Un while vowing to respond appropriately to the infiltration of the movie studio and the retraction of the satirical film.
"They made a mistake," said the president. "We cannot have a society in which some dictator someplace can start imposing censorship in the United States."The commander in chief expressed concerns that canceling a satirical movie sets a dangerous precedent that could lead to documentaries and even news reports being retracted or shelved.
"I wish [Sony] had spoken to me first," Obama lamented, adding that Americans should not be worried about "offending sensibilities of people whose sensibilities should be offended." Obama then insisted that America would strike back at the hermit kingdom for sponsoring the hacking of Sony Pictures."We'll respond proportionally . . . in a place, time and manner that we choose," said the president.
- Father, here is indeed a small dose of the constant eroding of our freedoms. We are appalled that foreign countries are able to hack into our computers and cause havoc, let alone to attack our right to free speech. We would hope that our nation would have the technical "know-how" and expertise to foil such attacks from any enemy, but, obviously that is not the case. We pray that our President would be more concerned about this breach of security against our nation and our best interests, than the content of a satirical movie. We know our enemies have evil intentions, and we ask for Your intervention, and wisdom to stop any future attacks of this nature, we pray. Amen.
- "This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; He saved him out of all his troubles.The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them. Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him." (Psalm 34:6-8)
2. US Says North Korea Behind Sony Cyber attack - VOA
Media reports say the U.S. has determined that North Korea is behind the hacking of Sony Pictures, which on Wednesday canceled the release of a film about a fictional plot to assassinate Pyongyang's leader, Kim Jong Un. Speaking on condition of anonymity, U.S. officials said investigators have connected North Korea to the cyber attack, which has resulted in the leak of tens of thousands of documents and has escalated to threats of terrorist attacks over the film "The Interview." (Read more)
- Lord, now that it has been proven that North Korea is behind this attack, we ask that all nations would take note, and not be intimidated by them, but to isolate them, so that this will have a negative effect on their desire to exploit. We ask that other nations would take note as well, and deal with them as an entity not to be trusted. May the thoughts and intents of their hearts, backfire upon them, we pray. Amen.
- "The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination and intention of all human thinking was only evil continually. and He was grieved at heart." (Genesis 6:5,6)
3. For North Korea's cyber army, long-term target may be telecom's, utility grids - Reuters
The hacking attack on Sony Pictures may have been a practice run for North Korea's elite cyber-army in a long-term goal of being able to cripple telecoms and energy grids in rival nations, defectors from the isolated state said.
Non-conventional capabilities like cyber-warfare and nuclear technology are the weapons of choice for the impoverished North to match its main enemies, they said.
Obsessed by fears that it will be over-run by South Korea and the United States, North Korea has been working for years on the ability to disrupt or destroy computer systems that control vital public services such as telecoms and energy utilities, according to one defector. (Read more)
- Again, Lord, we praise You that You do know the hearts of man, even when we don't know our own hearts. By Your Word, You cut between the thoughts and intents of the hearts. We pray for Your protection against this evil enemy, not just for our sakes, but also for the Gospel's sake, and for tiny little Israel, as well. In Your Precious Name we pray, Amen.
- "See, the Word of God is alive! It is at work and is sharper than any double-edged sword -- it cuts right through to where soul meets spirit and joints meet marrow, and it is quick to judge the inner reflections and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)
4. Putin: West wants to defang, declaw Russian bear - APNews
Sternly warning the West it cannot defang the metaphorical Russian bear, a confident-looking President Vladimir Putin promised Thursday to shore up the plummeting ruble and revive the economy within two years.
While he issued a litany of sharp rebukes against the West, Putin struck a conciliatory note on Ukraine, saying that the rebellious east should remain part of the country, backing a quick exchange of war prisoners and praising his Ukrainian counterpart.
The mixture of blistering anti-Western rhetoric and constructive signals appeared to indicate that Putin is eager to negotiate a face-saving solution to the Ukrainian crisis, but has no intention of conceding defeat in his standoff with the West. (Read more)
- Abba, so many of these "despots" are narcissistic, self absorbed, and arrogant, thinking they are the exception to every rule. Somehow their pride has totally obscured reality for them, and they do not consider the consequences of their actions. We ask, Lord, that You would humble Mr. Putin, show him his need of You, and then woo him, by Your Holy Spirit into a sonship relationship with You, we pray. Amen.
- "Whoever exalts himself [with haughtiness and empty pride] shall be humbled (brought low), and whoever humbles himself [who has a modest opinion of himself and behaves accordingly] shall be raised to honor." (Matthew 23:12)
5. Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions - EU Observer
Germany has warned the EU will not roll back Russia sanctions unless Vladimir Putin makes major concessions, in Europe's first "strategic" talks on the crisis. Chancellor Angela Merkel told press at an EU summit on Thursday (18 December) that each batch of sanctions was imposed for specific reasons and can be lifted only if the reasons are no longer there. (Read more)
- Father we thank You for Chancellor Angel Merkel of Germany, for her honest, forthright answer to the press, as to how Putin can make those sanctions go away. Being a dictator, I would imagine that it is hard for him to back down, and especially to a woman. We pray that You will give him courage to admit he was wrong, and to get "all his ducks in a row"! We pray You will use this tense situation for good for all nations being effected by this issue with Russia. We pray they will "hang tough" together, and realize victory. In Your name we pray, Amen.
- "Since He delivered us and called us to a life of holiness as His people. It was not because of our deeds, but because of His own purpose and the grace which He gave to us who are united with the Messiah Yeshua. He did this before the beginning of time." (2 Timothy 1:8,9)
6. Vatican Mediation in US-Cuba Relations Applauded - VOA News
Pope Francis' involvement in helping Cuba and the United States improve diplomatic relations was seen as a positive step forward at the Vatican on Thursday.
The pontiff congratulated the U.S. and Cuba on their decision to establish diplomatic relations Wednesday, and the Vatican said it was ready to support the strengthening of bilateral relations.
The Vatican also confirmed in a statement that its diplomats facilitated talks between the two countries, "resulting in solutions acceptable to both parties.'' (Read more)
- Lord, is this the beginning not only of the "one world government", but also the "one world church" getting involved in politics and public policy?? We are amazed as we read prophecy from years ago now playing out in our headlines. We are grieved to see the Catholic Church inserting itself into foreign relations between the U.S. and Cuba, in the name of "world peace". We know this will not bring peace, until our Prince of Peace returns to Jerusalem and sets up His throne there. Give us, as Your people, wisdom, Lord, as we react to these news items. We thank You that You do sit on Your throne, and the Earth is Your footstool! We love You and worship You, alone! Amen.
- "Truly, wine is treacherous; the arrogant will not live at peace but keeps expanding his desires like Sh'ol; like death, he can never be satisfied. he keeps collecting all the nations for himself, rallying to himself all the peoples." (Habukkuk 2:5)
7. Obama Announces Historic Revamp of US-Cuba Relations - VOA News
President Barack Obama announced a major shift in U.S. relations with Cuba on Wednesday, after the country's communist leaders released Alan Gross, an American who had been imprisoned there for five years. The two leaders talked by phone for more than 45 minutes on Tuesday, the first substantive presidential contact between the U.S. and Cuba since 1961.
Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro, in simultaneous speeches from Washington and Havana, said they had exchanged American and Cuban prisoners each had held for years. They will also open a path to increased economic and travel ties between the two countries, ending more than a half-century of diplomatic isolation borne in the Cold War.
"Isolation has not worked. It's time for a new approach," Obama said, in explaining the move toward normalizing relations. "I believe this contact will do more to empower the Cuban people."
In lauding the move, Castro said, "We have decided to re-establish diplomatic relations" with the U.S. He said, "This decision by President Barack Obama deserves respect and recognition by our people," but he also called for a complete end to the U.S. economic blockade.(Read more)
- Lord, we do not understand why this president trusts our enemies, like Castro, and want a major shift in relations with them, without the approval of Congress. Again, Lord, we ask for Your intervention in this administration, which seems intent on taking away our freedoms, and "dancing with our enemies". Save us, Lord, we pray! We pray that this new Republican-led-Congress, taking office in January, will show itself to be courageous and determined to abide by the Constitution, and work for the good of our nation, and not for their own political or financial gain. We pray for a new wave of patriotism to engulf them, and may they operate in alignment with You, we pray. Amen.
- "Pray for rulers and for all who have authority, so that we can have quiet and peaceful lives full of worship and respect for God." (1 Timothy 2:2)
The Middle East in Focus
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)
(Please note the DOUBLE RAINBOW in this photo. Thank You, Yahweh, for Your promise to Your people!)
1. 'Unity with Likud won't happen' pledges Jewish Home memo -Times of Israel
An internal Jewish Home document leaked to the Israeli media indicated that the party would not create a joint list with the ruling Likud party in the upcoming the elections.
"Unity with Likud will not happen," it pledged.
2. Famous Egyptian writer says Hamas is "the real enemy," not Israel -Jerusalem Post
Egyptian writer and playwright Ali Salem, who has a record of peaceful statements regarding Israel, said Israel is Egypt's "friend" and Hamas is "the real enemy."
It is not in Israel's interest for Egypt to suffer from a lack of security, Salem said on Al-Arabiya TV in an interview Wednesday, the Egyptian El-Watan website reported.
The intellectual said Hamas and Islamic State present the most serious threat to Egypt.
3. Abbas Hints: Withdrawal First, 'Right of Return' Later -Israel National News
Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday explained the strategy behind the PA's United Nations resolution, submitted on Wednesday, which seeks to impose an Israeli withdrawal from Judea, Samaria and eastern Jerusalem by 2017.
In his remarks, Abbas hinted that the PA seeks to first of all force Israel to concede territory, and then will force Israel to accept millions of "Palestinian refugees" who fled Israel during the 1948 War of Independence and their descendants.
"Yesterday we submitted a draft resolution to the Security Council that aims to set a time limit to end the Israeli occupation of the lands of the State of Palestine...This move was made as part of our political campaign to release the land and end the occupation of the Palestinian state with its capital in eastern Jerusalem..." he said.
4. Hamas Claims to Have Caught an 'Israeli Agent' -Israel National News
Hamas is claiming that its security forces in Gaza arrested an "Israeli agent" who was tasked with gathering information on the weapons presented by the Al-Qassam Brigades during a parade held this week to mark the anniversary of the establishment of Hamas.
The Hamas-affiliated Al-Majd website reported on Thursday that the alleged "agent" admitted that an Israeli intelligence officer instructed him to record details regarding the weapons and report about the places where the missile and UAVs that were on display were stored after the parade.
Hamas's rulers in Gaza regularly expose and execute people who are deemed to be "collaborating" with Israel.
- Heavenly Father, we pray that if this is true, You will protect the agent being held. We pray that he will be released unharmed. We pray that the members of Hamas that are holding him would come to know You and be saved. We ask that Your Holy Spirit presence change their hearts. We ask for mercy for them and for You to show them truth. In the name of Yeshua, amen.
5. Palestinian boycott of Israeli goods faltering -ynet news
WEST BANK - A Palestinian official has admitted that the Palestinian boycott of goods made in Israel is faltering, both because of a lack of substitutes of Israeli products, and the dissipation of some of the anger toward Israel over last summer's fighting with Hamas in the Gaza Strip that left more than 2,200 Palestinians dead.
- Abba, we thank You that You will prosper Your children. We pray that the boycott of Israeli goods come to a complete stop. We thank You, and praise You in the name of Yeshua, amen.
6. 2014 sees 7% increase in North American Aliyah -ynet news
Immigration to Israel from North America increased 7% in 2014 from the previous year, with 3,762 olim from the United States and Canada, compared to 3,504 olim in 2013, according to figures released by the Nefesh B'Nefesh organization.
A 6% growth in aliyah from the United Kingdom was recorded during the same period.
-Halleluia! This is one sign of the times we are living in! Prophecy is being fulfilled! Your children are returning to the land You promised their forefathers! Praise Your Holy Name! Father, we pray for each and every one of Your children making Aliyah. We ask that You provide for them once they move and that You put angels to watch over them. We ask in the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land."(Ezekiel 34:13)
7. Gaza Palestinians fire rocket at Eshkol region - Times of Israel
No casualties or damage in third attack since summer's conflict; local official says clock 'ticking down to the next war.'
Palestinians in Gaza fired a Kassam rocket at an Israeli community in the Eshkol region near the Gaza Strip on Friday morning. The rocket fell in an open area, causing neither casualties nor damage. (Read more)
Victory at the UN?
On Wednesday, we called for your help.
On Thursday, we engaged directly at the U.N., writing letters to the Security Council, defending Israel from Palestinian "aggression."
And now, the Obama Administration finally rejects a Palestinian U.N. resolution that threatened Israel's national security - saying: "It is not something we would support."
This is a victory, a victory for Israel.
We'll be watching the Obama Administration closely to ensure that it follows through on its promise, but this victory should give us hope as we enter a new year. We can fight, and we can win.
We fight for Israel in the U.S., where we just defeated radical leftist professors' efforts to boycott Israel. We fight for Israel in Europe, where we've defended Israel's interests in the International Criminal Court.
We fight for Israel in the Middle East, with a Jerusalem office that directly confronts anti-Israel "lawfare."
But we need your help. We can't do this vital work without you. In December, your tax-deductible gift is matched, dollar-for-dollar.
Defend Israel. Support the ACLJ Today.
ACLJ Chief Counsel
AG Circumvents Congress
Attorney General Circumvents Congress, Overrides Parental Concerns in Transgender Memorandum
December 18, 2014
Washington, D.C. - Family Research Council today took U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to task for a December 15 memorandum saying that "transgendered" persons should be given a special status under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
FRC Senior Fellow for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg released the following statement:
"Parents are deeply concerned that giving a special status to transgender persons will lead to troubling situations for their children, and religious leaders are left unsure how this arbitrary new rule will affect hiring within their ministries. This is another example of the Obama administration circumventing the role of Congress in imposing its own radical re-interpretation of the law. It seems safe to assert that not a single member of Congress in 1964 would have believed that they were granting special rights to people who want to reject or change their biological sex.
"Even court precedents saying that 'gender stereotyping' can be a form of sex discrimination cannot justify this sweeping conclusion. The belief that only women should be nurses or only men can operate power tools is 'gender stereotyping;' the belief that 'sex' is an immutable biological reality is not.
"The limited exemptions in Title VII mean that applying this theory nationwide would require employers with legitimate concerns-such as religious organizations and child care centers-to hire men who pretend to be women and women who pretend to be men.
"The government simply has no business overriding parental concerns and telling religious organizations that they must place transgender individuals in role-model positions. Such threats to parental rights and religious liberty should be immediately repudiated by the next presidential administration," concluded Sprigg.
The Daily Jot
The brutal law of the New Caliphate
The new caliphate, the Islamic State (IS) has released its revised penal code for ruling the world. Herein evidence once again that Islam is neither of God, nor is it peaceful. Those who say that allah is the same as YHVH are in the very least ignorant, and in being so, deny the foundational premise of Christianity found in John 14:6 when Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." There is no connection between the God of the Bible and allah, which is the antithesis of the God of the Bible. Many could use the Koran itself, and its sharia law, to prove that if allah and YHVH were the same, then God would be against himself.
The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) translated a document detailing the (IS) penal code was released on the Jihadi Media Platform forum (alplatformmedia.com) on December 15. "Clarification [regarding] the Hudud [Koranic punishments]" included a list of crimes and their respective punishment according to the shari'a. According to MEMRI, IS "published the document as a warning and a reminder to the people living under its rule. It also reaffirmed its commitment to enforce it vigilantly. The document begins with various Koranic verses emphasizing the need for Muslims to adhere to the shari'a, while noting that those who do not follow it are considered unbelievers."
Crimes with death sentences are: Blasphemy against Allah; Blasphemy against the Prophet Muhammad (even if the accuser repents); Blasphemy against Islam; Adultery: (Stoning until death in cases where adulterer was married and 100 lashes and exile if he or she were unmarried); Sodomy (homosexuality) (Death for both the person committing the act, and the one receiving it); Spying for the unbelievers; Apostasy; Murder; Murder and stealing (both death and crucifixion). Some lesser crimes include 80 lashes for drinking alcohol or slandering. Stealing as part of banditry will result in cutting off the right hand and the left leg. The crime with the least amount of punishment is terrorizing people, for which one will be exiled.
Islam is a death culture incompatible with freedom and representative government. This is clear by the way it administers government and law. This is what Christians are faced with in Syria, Iraq and other places in the Middle East where this satanic cult is allowed to prosper. No matter what anyone says, this is the face of Islam. It is what is being taught in mosques across America, and in Palestinian schools in Israel. It is what lays deep inside true Muslim believers. There is no way to be part of Islam and not escape what Islam is. It is in black and white in the Koran, and it is as evil and brutal as anything on earth. Allah is not the same as YHVH. The Koran is the antithesis of the Bible.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Pastor Saeed's Christmas Letter
Pastor Saeed's Christmas Letter of Pain and Hope.
We just received a message that American Pastor Saeed wrote from prison, a letter full of both pain and hope.
He writes about how this Christmas without his family is "hard, cold and shattering."
But he also writes how his faith in Christ is helping him endure his turmoil:
"Christmas means that God came so that He would enter your hearts today and transform your lives and to replace your pain with indescribable joy."
Read Pastor Saeed's Christmas Letter of Pain and Hope.
This is his third Christmas in prison for his Christian faith. We also learned that his pain from prison beatings is increasing.
Pastor Saeed - a U.S. citizen - needs our prayers. But he also needs our voices.
We're stepping up our global efforts for his release. Don't let Pastor Saeed be forgotten this Christmas.
Sign Our Petition for Pastor Saeed's Freedom Today.
ACLJ Executive Director
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
Good News Arrives In Turkey after ISIS Attacks in Kobani
Perhaps, especially for children, a refugee camp is like a prison.
Among the anguished throngs that have fled Islamic State (ISIS) jihadists trying to take over the strategic city of Kobani in northern Syria, one refugee has good news.
As reported here on Oct. 16, when ISIS fighters invaded Kobani three months ago, a man in his 50s was forced to choose between fleeing the area to save his family's life or waiting for his oldest son to return home. His son was out taking care of their sheep. In tears, the father left his son and took the rest of his family across the border to Turkey.
The director of a ministry providing aid in the refugee camp told Christian Aid Mission that on a recent visit to distribute aid, the smiling father hugged him.
"He told the story that I was waiting impatiently to hear, but I dared not to ask," the director said. "He said, 'After you had gone, in eight days my son came! When he saw the smoke of our village at our house that ISIS burned, he did not go to our house, but he ran away. He lost the sheep, but came by himself.'"
The ministry director in Turkey thanked supporters of Christian Aid Mission for praying for the father, adding that he was happy to hear the refugee tell him, "God saved our son."
Signs and Wonders
The All-Sky Fireball Network
Every night, a network of NASA all-sky cameras scans the skies above the United States for meteoritic fireballs. Automated software maintained by NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office calculates their orbits, velocity, penetration depth in Earth's atmosphere and many other characteristics. Daily results are presented on Spaceweather.com.
Last night, the network captured 16 fireballs . . .
To view these reports, go here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
Today we want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to:
Sen. Rob Portman, Ohio,
Rep. Adrian Smith, Neb.,
God bless you!
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"What Child Is This" - Third Day
Two Daily Conference Calls
The Lord has now provided two opportunities to cry out to Him in corporate prayer, day and night.
I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence. (Isaiah 62:6)
Come join us!
TO PRAY IN THE NIGHT:
Prayer calls are being held nightly at 9PM EST.
857-232-0156; access 377054#
Sponsored by Breaker of Dawn Ministries
FOCUS: PUSHING BACK THE DARKNESS
For details, go here.
TO PRAY IN THE DAY:
A second conference call is now available daily (except on Sundays) at 11:30 a.m. EST. Sponsored by the Salt and Light Council, the focus of the daily "Repentance and Reformation" calls is to pray for all in authority.
You are cordially invited to join these calls by dialing 712-432-1699/ Access code 338083#
To learn more, please visit their website at:
> > > Day and night, in these perilous times, let's join forces on these calls to cry out unto God for His mercy to be shown to America and to Israel. Thank you!