CRITICAL ALERT; PLEASE PRAY.
Take action! Special Conference Call Tomorrow.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
"And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." (Zechariah 14:16)
Many thanks to Jon & Jolene Hamill, Lamplighter Ministries, for capturing this amazing spectacle for all to see on film!
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Daily Brief
1. 1st Ebola patient diagnosed in US dies - Fox News
The Liberian man diagnosed with Ebola last month just days after arriving in Texas has died following nearly two weeks in a Dallas hospital's isolation room, officials confirmed. Thomas Eric Duncan, believed to be 42, who became the first person diagnosed with the killer virus on American soil during the current pandemic, died early Wednesday after a battle that sparked a national debate on screening of visitors from West Africa, which has been ravaged by the disease. His death came a day after officials began treating him with an experimental drug and days after he had taken a dramatic turn for the worse.
"It is with profound sadness and heartfelt disappointment that we must inform you of the death of Thomas Eric Duncan this morning at 7:51 a.m.," a spokesman from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital said in a statement.
"Mr. Duncan succumbed to an insidious disease, Ebola. He fought courageously in this battle. Our professionals, the doctors and nurses in the unit, as well as the entire Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas community, are also grieving his passing. We have offered the family our support and condolences at this difficult time," the statement said. (Read more)
- Dear Lord, with this news coming forth on this day of the second tetrad, and at the timing of Sukkot (Tabernacles), we wonder if this might be a warning from You of judgment to befall our nation, if we do not repent? Help us to know Your ways in this hour, and to know of Your love. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- ""Return to Me with all your heart,
And with fasting, weeping and mourning;
And rend your heart and not your garments."
Now return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and compassionate,
Slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness And relenting of evil.
Who knows whether He will not turn and relent
And leave a blessing behind Him,
Even a grain offering and a drink offering
For the Lord your God?" (Joel 2:12-14)
2. Ebola may spread by coughing or sneezing, scientists say - ASSIST News Service
Officials have tried to diminish public concerns about the worst outbreak of Ebola in history through one consistent message: Ebola can only be transmitted by direct contact with blood or bodily fluids. Yet several world-class scientists at the forefront of studying Ebola suggest these assurances may be premature, and the virus may be transmitted via aerosol droplets.
Dr. C.J. Peters, who dealt with a 1989 outbreak of the virus among research monkeys in Virginia and later led the CDC's most far-reaching study of Ebola's transmissibility in humans, said he would not rule out the possibility that it spreads through the air in tight quarters, according to a story in the L.A. Times.
"We just don't have the data to exclude it," Peters told the Times. He is currently researching viral diseases at the University of Texas in Galveston. (Read more) And here.
- " . . . in the interest of praying for our leaders to have wisdom and right thinking on dealing with this disease, here are two notable scientists weighing in. May hidden things be revealed and acted upon, and containment on the current outbreak." (Pat Allen, Dallas, Texas)
- "He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light." (Job 12:22)
3. Teachers reprimanded for speaking out against Common Core - Washington Free Beacon
Louisiana Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal blasted reports Tuesday that teachers are being reprimanded for speaking out against Common Core standards on social media.
A teacher in Rapides Parish, in Alexandria, La., was "written up" for writing a negative post on Facebook about the controversial standards, according to Town Talk. "This is a hot national debate," the teacher told the paper. "Why can't I comment? I did not say a word about anything locally."
Jindal, who is suing the Obama administration for coercing states into adopting the standards, said silencing teachers is not helpful to the debate. "This is outrageous. Teachers are now being chastised for speaking out against Common Core," he said. "Teachers have problems with Common Core, and we should be listening to them." (Read more)
- Lord God, once again we see the forces of darkness in our nation seeking to silence the voices of truth. We ask for Your intervention in this matter, so that our First Amendment rights -- the right to freedom of speech -- be preserved in our generation. We ask for Your help, O Lord, we pray, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence." (Acts 4:29)
4. ALERT!!! Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to intensify attacks on freedom oriented citizens - The Examiner
The source indicated that the those within DHS and the rest of the Obama Administration who support a massive crackdown on the liberties of citizens are ready to make a dramatic move once the midterm elections in November are over. These particular government employees, particularly those at the top levels, believe that Christians, Tea Party participants, and those who support the Constitution and oppose Obama and his "progressive" agenda are dangerous and need to be subjected to a purge.
This purge would be in the form of prosecution through the courts. The objective would be to silence their voices and remove them from society by tossing them into prison where they could spend years and a ton of money attempting to get out of jail and defend their reputations.
[PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE IN ITS ENTIRETY.]
- Father God, thank You for warning Your people of imminent danger about threats to our liberties. We ask that the actions proposed by the DHS will come to naught. We pray that they become so consumed with Islamic jihadist threats that there is no time during the lame duck session to execute their plan. Lord, render judgments from Your throne against wickedness in this land.
- And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence.(Acts 4:29)
5. GOOD NEWS! Justice Kennedy blocks gay marriage ruling - Fox News
Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy issues a temporary ruling Wednesday blocking an appeals court decision that declared same-sex marriage legal in Idaho and Nevada. (Read more here.)
- Lord God, we know a miracle when we see a miracle, so we thank You for the report of this miraculous ruling of this temporary stay in these two states. We ask, Lord, that You intervene so that this "temporary" stay would be caste in bronze as a permanent fixture in the court of law, and that the mandate of the voters in both states regarding the illegality of gay "marriage' be honored. Thank You, Lord, for hearing our prayer, in Jesus name, amen.
- "The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)
6. Very disturbing news about Turkey and ISIS- Fox news
Turkey is betraying the USA led coalition by looking the other way when western jihadists travel through Turkey to get to ISIS. Turkey has its own agenda - the fall of Bashir Assad. It does not help the Kurds because it does not benefit them. Turkey is only interested in removing Bashir Assad from power in Turkey. Turkey is Sunni Muslim and Assad is Alawite Muslim. ISIS is also Sunni.
- O Lord God almighty, we repent for linking our country with Turkey. Lord forgive us. Father, we humbly ask that You would give wisdom, knowledge and understanding to our intelligence community. Father, have mercy on us and lead us in the path that we should travel to defeat ISIS. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen.
- Now Jehoshaphat had great riches and honor; and he allied himself by marriage with Ahab.(2 Chronicles 18:1)
7. British cleric warns ISIS retaliation could dwarf 9-11 - WND
During an American radio interview Sunday, radical British Islamist preacher Anjem Choudary warned the U.S.-led war against the Islamic State (ISIS) will likely result in a home front attack that will be 'much more high profile' than the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks or the London bombings of July 7, 2005. 'And these guys they love death the way that other people love life. They want to die as martyrs,' he warned. . .
Speaking Sunday on 'Aaron Klein Investigative Radio' on New York's AM 970 The Answer, Choudary says he views the war against IS in Syria and in Iraq as 'one which is going to be unparalleled in recent history.'. . Asked by Klein whether he believes IS will attack within the U.S., Choudary said he believes the Islamic terrorist group's so-called retaliation could dwarf Sept. 11. . . "
- Abba Father, We thank You that You are our Protector and our Savior. There is nothing too difficult for You. This horde from hell cannot prevail against Your people. You are our Defender. Thank You Lord for sending the armies of heaven against this horde of demons. In Jesus Name, we pray.
- O our God, will You not judge them? For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on You." and He said, "Listen, all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: thus says the Lord to you, 'Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's. You need not fight in this battle; station yourselves, stand and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.' Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out to face them, for the Lord is with you." (2 Chronicles 20:12,15,17)
8. Congressman: 'At least 10 ISIS fighters' caught trying to cross into US - Fox News
A Republican congressman claimed Tuesday that "at least 10" Islamic State "fighters" have been caught trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border into Texas, though an administration official denied it. Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., said he learned the information from the Border Patrol, warning that the alleged attempts to cross into the U.S. raise serious security concerns.
"ISIS is coming across the southern border," he told Fox News. "They aren't flying B1 bombers bombing American cities, but they are going to be bombing American cities coming across from Mexico." Hunter continued: "I know that at least 10 ISIS fighters have been caught coming across the Mexican border in Texas." (Read more)
- Lord God, we thank You that these ten ISIS fighters have been caught, and we ask that this net be spread as far as needed, so that ALL ISIS fighters that have infiltrated into our nation be caught and incarcerated. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son." (John 14:13)
9. US-led airstrikes against Islamic State intensify near Kobani - Times of Israel
Around noon Wednesday, warplanes believed to be of the US-led coalition bombed positions of the Islamic State group near the embattled Syrian Kurdish town of Kobani, near the Turkish border. One airstrike, visible from the border, hit a hill and an open space near the town.
Several Syrian human rights groups called on the world to save Kobani from falling into the hands of the jihadist group as the new airstrikes targeted the extremists near the town.
The strikes are part of a wave of US-led coalition bombing this week that aims to prevent Islamic State fighters from capturing the town. An activist group said the strikes killed at least 45 militants since late Monday, forcing them to withdraw from parts of Kobani.
The dramatic appeal by human rights groups came after Islamic State fighters - despite the airstrikes - managed to push into parts of the town, located on the Syria-Turkish border and also known under its Arabic name of Ayn Arab. (Read more)
- Father God, we call forth the cloud of Your Glory to cover the city of Kobani, that the enemy not be able to enter in. We ask this, in deep humility and with our fervent prayers, amen and amen.
- "The nations will see your vindication, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will bestow." (Isaiah 62:2)
10. Obama Official Praises Mosque Of Oklahoma Beheader Alton Nolen - The Daily Caller
An Obama administration official traveled to Oklahoma City Saturday to offer words of praise to congregants at the mosque attended by Alton Nolen, the recent Muslim convert who beheaded a co-worker last month. David Myers, the director of the Department of Homeland Security's Center for Faith-based & Neighborhood Partnerships, spoke at the Greater Islamic Society of Oklahoma City's Eid al-Adha celebration, according to KFOR.
"Your service is a powerful example of the shared roots of the Abrahamic faiths and how our communities can come together in shared peace with dignity and a sense of justice," said Myers, reading from a letter penned by President Barack Obama. At the DHS center, which falls under the control of FEMA, Myers' job is to "build, sustain and improve effective partnerships between DHS and faith-based and voluntary organizations."
- Father, we stand in the gap for the USA and repent of equating Allah with You, Jehovah! Father, forgive us, for there is no comparison. You are Holy and loving. They are praising Baal. You alone are God and there is no other.
- I, even I, am the Lord, And there is no savior besides Me. "It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed, And there was no strange god among you; So you are My witnesses," declares the Lord, "And I am God". (Isaiah 43:11-12)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." (Zechariah 14:16)
1. International banking giant refuses to cut off Israel, despite boycott calls - HAARETZ
The SWIFT international banking network on Monday published a special announcement in which it rejected calls by pro-Palestinian organizations to disconnect Israeli banks from its networks due to the occupation on the West Bank and Israel's alleged war crimes during the course of Operation Protective Edge in the Gaza Strip.
"SWIFT and its stakeholders have received calls to disconnect institutions and entire countries from its network," according to the announcement. "SWIFT services are designed to facilitate its customers' compliance with sanctions and other regulations, however SWIFT will not make unilateral decisions to disconnect institutions from its network as a result of political pressure.
"SWIFT regrets the pressure, as well as the surrounding media speculation, both of which risk undermining the systemic character of the services that SWIFT provides its customers around the world. As a utility with a systemic global character, it has no authority to make sanctions decisions. (Read more)
- Father, we thank You that SWIFT will not cut off Israel. We ask that You keep Israel's finances always moving freely. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
2. Hezbollah sends message to Israel: No more carte blanche for the IDF in Lebanon - Jerusalem Post
Hezbollah is not interested in war with Israel, but is striving to achieve a balance of deterrence against it. This is the conclusion from the blast of the two explosive devices on Mount Dov (Shaba Farms) on Tuesday. The devices were laid a while ago, and on Tuesday Hezbollah commanders decided to activate them. Fortunately, only two soldiers were lightly injured, and therefore the IDF's response was moderate - it fired some 40 shells at two posts belonging to the Lebanese Shi'ite organization.
The response was meant to contain the incident and not deteriorate relations with Hezbollah.
Israel is also not interested in an escalation. But as we've seen this summer against Hamas, and in 2006 against Hezbollah, a single incident or a series of violent events that grow out of hand can develop into war. (Read more)
3. Israel shells south Lebanon after border blast wounds soldiers - Reuters
A blast on Lebanon's border with Israel wounded two Israeli soldiers on Tuesday and the Israeli army responded with shelling across the frontier, a military spokeswoman and a security source said.
The security source earlier said three troops were hurt in the incident, which took place near the southern Lebanese village of Kafr Shebaa. Lebanon's Al-Manar television, which is aligned with the Shi'ite militia group Hezbollah, said an explosion had been heard in the area. Officials in Beirut had no immediate comment. (Read more)
4. UN to investigate the activation of the explosive charge in Har Dov - Jerusalem online
The organization's spokesman issued a condemnation statement of the incident in which two IDF soldiers were injured. "This is a blatant violation of the UN decision from the end of the 2006 Lebanon War". Earlier, Nasrallah's deputy sent out a threat to Israel: "The enemy knows we will respond to any action".
- Father, once again Hezbollah attacks the apple of Your eye. Lord, we ask for a wall of fire around Israel that the enemy cannot penetrate. We pray that the dread of the Lord fall upon all of Israel's enemies.
- "And the dread of God was on all the kingdoms of the lands when they heard that the Lord had fought against the enemies of Israel."(2 Chronicles 20:29)
5. US Secretary of State Kerry to attend Gaza reconstruction conference in Cairo - Jerusalem Post
US Secretary of State John Kerry is scheduled to attend a conference in Cairo this weekend on the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki confirmed Tuesday. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for Your hand tp rest over this conference. We ask that You guide these discussions and plans. We pray that Your will will be done. Please do not allow the hearts of these leaders to harm Israel in any way. We ask this In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
6. Britain to Vote on Recognition of 'Palestine' - Israel National News
British lawmakers will hold a symbolic parliamentary vote next week on whether the government should recognize "Palestine" as a state, Reuters reported on Monday.
The motion due for debate in Britain's lower house of parliament on October 13 will ask lawmakers whether they believe the government should recognize the state of Palestine.
It is unlikely to win approval through the British parliament because it is at odds with official policy, but even if it did pass, it is non-binding and would not force the government to changes its diplomatic stance, noted Reuters.
"It's against the government position, but it's not an attack on them as such, we just feel that now's the time shout out loud that this should be done," said lawmaker Grahame Morris from the opposition Labour party who is sponsoring the debate. (Read more)
- Father God Almighty in Heaven, we come before Your Throne of Grace, asking this petition on behalf of our longtime ally, Great Britain. Father God, we ask that You move upon the members of their Parliament to NOT pass this vote, but to instead uphold the sovereignty of the nation of Israel. We ask this prayer in the name of Yeshua, amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:3)
Feast of Tabernacles Begins on Oct. 10th
Live from Jerusalem: Feast of Tabernacles 2014
The ICEJ team is working around the clock to prepare for another wonderful Feast of Tabernacles. We're excited to welcome believers from all over the world who have come up to Jerusalem to worship God and bless the nation of Israel.
For those of you who are unable to come up to Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast with us this year, thanks to our TV partner, Visjon Norge, we are able to make it available for you to watch online from October 10-14. It is our hope that as you watch you will be praying and seeking the Lord about attending next year's Feast in Jerusalem, the city of our King.
> > > Please note that the live stream will start every day at 8pm Jerusalem time which is 1pm in New York.
Shalom from Israel!
- The ICEJ Team
You can watch the Feast of Tabernacles in Jerusalem, LiveStreaming, from October 10 - 15, 2014 by going here.
Tracking the Virus
Tracking the Virus
"if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." (Mark 16:18)
1. President Ebola - RightSideNews
What does it tell you when Britain and France have stopped flights to and from the nations in Africa where Ebola has become US Ebolaa threat and the United States has not taken a similar measure? In 1918 and 1919, there was a pandemic of the Spanish influenza that caught nations by surprise, infecting an estimated 500 million people and killing between 50 and a 100 million of them in three waves. It began in the U.S. in March 1918 at a crowded army camp, Fort Riley, Kansas. (Read more)
2. Sierra Leone burial crews reportedly on strike, leaving Ebola victims in the street - Fox News
Burial teams in Sierra Leone reportedly went on strike over lack of hazard pay this week, leaving the bodies of victims of the Ebola outbreak in the country's streets. (Read more)
3. Ebola crisis leaves Dallas a city on edge - YahooNews.com
Leaders are urging calm, but Dallas is a city on edge as it approaches the first Ebola incubation deadline this week. Several residents of the neighborhood where the first U.S.-diagnosed case of Ebola was found told city officials they'd been sent home from work. Some community volunteers shunned a nearby after-school program. And the hospital at the epicenter of fear acknowledged for the first time that some patients were staying away. (Read more)
4. Obama's new airport screening plan uses CUSTOMS AGENTS to spot Ebola as president concedes 'we don't have a lot of margin for error' - Daily Mail UK
President Barack Obama announced on Monday that the United States will soon implement a new set of protocols to screen suspected Ebola patients so they can't get off airplanes and enter American airports. The same Customs and Border Patrol Agents who sift through cargo and luggage for contraband will be the first line of defense, inspecting passengers who arrive from Ebola-ravaged countries. (Read more)
5. Spanish nurse is suspected of Ebola infection - AOL.com
In what is the first reported incident of Ebola transmission outside Africa, a Spanish nurse who treated a missionary for the disease at a Madrid hospital tested positive for the disease, Spain's health minister said Monday. The female nurse was part of the medical team that treated a 69-year-old Spanish priest who died in a hospital last month after being flown back from Sierra Leone. (Read more)
6. Spain quarantines 3, plans to euthanize Ebola nurse's pet dog - Fox News
Health officials scrambled Tuesday to figure out how West Africa's Ebola outbreak got past Europe's defenses, quarantining four people at a Madrid hospital where a Spanish nursing assistant became infected. Determined to contain the spread of the deadly virus, they even announced plans to euthanize the woman's pet dog. (Read more)
7. Generals blast Obama's order of troops to fight Ebola - WND
Two retired U.S. Army generals have blasted President Barack Obama's decision to send U.S. troops to West Africa to battle the Ebola virus epidemic, saying the military is to fight wars, not disease. The concern is that these soldiers, who will be exposed to the environment where the virus is prevalent, could bring it to the United States and potentially spread the disease as they rotate back to the United States and are assigned to other units. (Read more)
8. High risk Ebola could reach France, UK by end-October, scientists say - Fox News
Scientists have used Ebola disease spread patterns and airline traffic data to predict a 75 percent chance the virus could be imported to France by October 24, and a 50 percent chance it could hit Britain by that date. (Read more)
9. Up to 80 Penn State students cleared of Ebola concerns after monitoring period: report - Pennlive.com
Up to 80 Penn State students across the university's campuses who were considered to be at risk of infection after traveling in areas close to Ebola outbreaks in West Africa are no longer being monitored for signs of the disease, university officials said this weekend. This positive development, according to Lancasteronline.com.
Experts had warned right up front that the chances of any Penn State students falling ill with Ebola were very low. (Read more)
10. BREAKING! Update: Ailing sheriff's deputy who visited Ebola patient's apartment taken to Presbyterian Hospital - Dallas Morning News
(Read more here)
The Daily Jot
A Christian response to the Ebola threat (Part 3)
The US government is obviously not in the business of protecting the general welfare of the country as documented by the response to the Ebola threat. The "president" says it's a national security threat, but still will not secure the borders or take other precautions on flights with people entering the US from West Africa. This is just one small example of a government that has determined it is better to do nothing than to protect its citizenry. You have to take matters into your own hands to secure the safety, protection and general welfare of yourself and your family. Government is not God. It has very few concrete answers for you. Conversely, The Daily Jot is taking steps to prevent Ebola and save lives.
In Ghana, West Africa, the government is willing to protect its citizens, but does not have the resources to do so. That's where our ministry has stepped up, especially in the rural areas where the large churches fear to tread due to the hostile Islamic influx and the difficulty reaching the bush. Our ministry partner William Agbeti is reaching out with a message that educates about regular hand washing, personal hygiene and raised public health standards, and the life-preservation of God's word.
Our Ghana ministry is deeply involved in its small way in helping prevent ebola in the rural areas through our two programs: education on ebola prevention and free distribution of water filtration systems for regular washing of hands.
Pastor Agbeti reports: "So far the ministry has reached out to some hundred rural folks and families with cholera and ebola education materials and ebola prevention materials (EPM). Every Sunday, the ministry targets a slum or poor area and reaches to children and families in those areas. Also, the ministry has placed an order for more EPM to be distributed through rural churches and is collaborating with rural-based ministries to educate hundreds of children on the outbreak of the two diseases. With each information material and EPM freely given out, we also give out children's bibles.
An example of educating about personal hygiene using video. Our ministry truck will be fitted with such equipment to reach more in each rural village. Because TV is rare in rural areas, people gather around them to watch.
"We are unable to reach out to several other areas owing to resource constraints. Owing to the ebola epidemic and the wide-spread fear that it may reach Ghana as a matter of time, the Ghana Ministry finds itself now working exclusively to help prevent a possible outbreak. We feel inadequate in the wake of this looming gigantic challenge. As a result, the ministry has deemed it expedient to convert its truck donated by The Daily Jot into an information services and cinema van to reach out to thousands in rural areas. Hopefully, this exercise will become operational in a couple of weeks."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Weekend of Resistance in Ferguson, Oct. 10-13
I believe that our networks should rally Now!
And as a nation bathe St. Louis in Awakening Light, and as the lights are on, release confusion and disarray and the fear of the Lord into the enemies camp.
People from across the country will converge on Ferguson to continue the fight for justice for Michael Brown and mobilize a broader movement for racial justice. Hands Up United, The Organization for Black Struggle (OBS), and Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment (MORE) will join more than 40 organizers, said Montague Simmons, Weekend of Resistance spokesman and OBS chair. He said organizers have invited the Brown family to participate
The Organization for Black Struggle is a grassroots organization in the St. Louis area, founded in 1980 by activists, students, union organizers and other community members in order to fill a vacuum left by the assaults on the Black Power Movement. OBS aims to contribute to the creation of a society free of all forms of exploitation and oppression and to build a movement that fights for political empowerment, economic justice and the cultural dignity of the African-American community, especially the Black working class.
(Read more here)
Blood Moon Update: Part One
'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse on Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles)
Begins Wed. Oct 8
Why will the moon appear red? During a total eclipse, the only light the moon receives is sunlight refracted by the edges of the Earth's atmosphere. The refracted light causes the moon to appear red. Total lunar eclipses can be viewed from any location on Earth that faces the moon during the time of the eclipse. This is different from a total solar eclipse, which can only be viewed from specific areas affected by the eclipse. Consecutive total lunar eclipses are referred to as lunar "tetrads." While tetrads are relatively rare, astronomers can predict them with a fair amount of accuracy.
The Prophecy of the Blood Moon Tetrads
When major astronomical and heavenly events take place it has been natural to turn to the Bible for validation since Jesus Christ himself said, referring to the days before His second coming: "And there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven" . . . "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars . . ." Luke 21: 11, 25. However there are specific references that focus on the moon looking "blood red" in the lead up to the great and terrible Day of the Lord and it is for this reason that the prophecy of the Blood Moon Tetrads is causing a ripple across the Bible community.
"The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31)
"I look when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood" (Revelation.6:12)
Blood Moons are when the moon appears red due to lunar eclipses. They occur when the earth is positioned between the sun and the moon. The Earth's shadow blocks the sun's light, which would normally reflect off the moon. The delicate layer of dusty air surrounding our planet reddens and redirects the light of the sun, filling the dark behind the Earth with a sunset-red glow. This is in contrast to a solar eclipse where the moon is positioned between the earth and the sun causing darkness.
Blood Moon lunar eclipses have happened continuously throughout history, but a Blood Moon Tetrad is when 4 consecutive total lunar eclipses occur on a Jewish Holy Feast day. There have only been 7 Blood Moon Tetrads between Jesus Christ's first coming and 2013, and every time they happened it has been proven that there was some significant event which impacted upon the Jewish people within a year of the first or last eclipse of the tetrad. The only time during this century (2000 AD - 3000 AD) that a Blood Moon Tetrad will take place is the year 2014-2015. A growing group of researchers believe something significant is going to happen in 2014 and 2015 which will involve Israel and the world. This has set off a chain reaction of debate and discussion about this event.
SIGNS OF THE BLOOD MOONS: BLOOD MOON SCENARIOS
Jewish rabbis teach that blood moons, "lunar eclipses" are a sign used by God for the judgment of the nation of Israel. They also teach that solar eclipses are a sign for the judgments of the nations of the world. Historically there is evidence that such occurrences always see to take place at a time where there are world impacting events. The next combination of lunar (4) and solar eclipses (2) to fall on the appointed feast days will occur in a time period that covers 2014 and 2015. If there is to be major earth changing events that impact both Israel and the wider world then what could they be?
Blood Moon Update: Part Two
BLOOD MOONS - BE PREPARED FOR EARTH-SHAKING EVENTS
We will be celebrating Erev Sukkot tonight and will be positioned for the blood moon or total lunar eclipse.
There are some interesting events in the heavenly and earth realm you may be interested in. Please have a look at the attachment as the Lord calls us to be prepared.
God bless you,
Norman and Barbara Miller
To view their attachment, including an indepth study of the relationship between this morning's blood moon and Sukkot (the Feast of Tabernacles), please go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
A Medical First: Computer Chip Helps Man With Severed Spine Move Hand
(Columbus, OH)-Ian Burkhart was only 19-years-old when he broke his neck after diving into an ocean wave, leaving him paralyzed below his elbows and unable to move his legs. That was four years ago.
Now 23, the quadriplegic made news this summer when he moved his fingers; a function made possible by a tiny computer chip planted in his brain. Called Neurobridge, the implant sent a signal from his brain directly to his forearm. An Ohio State University press release explained that the technology combines algorithms that learn and decode the user's brain activity and a high-definition muscle stimulation sleeve that translates neural impulses from the brain and transmits new signals to the paralyzed limb.
Reports indicate that during the experiment Burkhart "focused his mind" and then opened and closed his fist, wiggled his fingers, and even held a spoon for a moment.
Small movements for most people, but for a quadriplegic it was miraculous.
"It's much like a heart bypass, but instead of bypassing blood, we're actually bypassing electrical signals," said Chad Bouton, research leader at Battelle, a non-profit organization. "We're taking those signals from the brain, going around the injury, and actually going directly to the muscles."
Dr. Sanjay Gupta, among other medical professionals, are excited about the possibilities Neurobridge holds for people like Burkhart, but also see the challenges ahead.
"There is still a long way to go before this technology can be used in the real world," said Gupta. "For one thing, it needs to be wireless so there is not a cable plugged into the skull. Researchers need to figure out a way to send a signal from the body back to the brain... Burkhart could not feel his fingers moving."
Dr. Ali Rezai, the neurosurgeon at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center who implanted the chip into Burkhart's brain, said, "We're looking at everyday wearable items. [For example] you could put your sleeve on and your sleeve will now allow you to pick up a spoon or a toothbrush."
"I've been doing rehabilitation for a lot of years, and this is a tremendous stride forward in what we can offer these people," said Dr. Jerry Mysiw, chair of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Ohio State. "Now we're examining human-machine interfaces and interactions, and how that type of technology can help."
As for Burkhart, he's just happy to be a part of making medical history.
"Initially, it piqued my interested because I like science, and it's pretty interesting," he said. "I've realized, 'You know what? This is the way it is. You're going to have to make the best out of it.' You can sit and complain about it, but that's not going to help you at all. So, you might as well work hard, do what you can and keep going on with life." (Source: Breaking Christian News)
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
STUNNING PHOTOS OF THE BLOOD MOON THIS MORNING,
SHOWN IN THE HEAVENS OVER DAVID'S TENT, THE MALL, AND WASHINGTON, D.C.
PRAISE YOU JESUS!
With many thanks to Jon and Jolene Hamill for capturing this spectacle on film. He IS coming!
To view these photos, please go here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Let Your Glory Fill This Place
Psalm 8:1 (NLT) "O LORD, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! Your glory is higher than the heavens."
Worship Him here!
Today's Birthday on the Hill
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." ( I Timothy 2:1-4)
Today's Birthday Greeting goes to:
Rep. Tom Price (GA)
(Source: Bible Pathways Ministries. www.biblepathway.org)