Next weekend, October 12th -
Be a part of iPledge Sunday!
Learn more here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, October 6, 2014
"And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." (Zechariah 14:16)
> > > Introducing our new, "streamlined" format -- With so much critical news now needing our prayerful attention, this week we will introduce a new format:
On alternate days, we will feature either "tracking the virus" or "tracking ISIS" - but not both!
Meanwhile, the most important news about Ebola/ISIS will continue to be featured in the Daily Brief section, for prayer.Thank you!
"And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse . . ." (Rev. 19:11)
The Daily Brief
1. ALERT!! Supreme Court paves way for gay marriage in several states, leaves issue unresolved nationally - Fox News
The Supreme Court on Monday turned away appeals from five states looking to prohibit gay marriage, effectively legalizing same-sex marriage in those states and likely others -- but also leaving the issue unresolved nationally.
The justices rejected appeals from Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. The court's order immediately ends delays on gay marriage in those states.
Couples in six other states -- Colorado, Kansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia and Wyoming -- also should be able to get married in short order. Those states would be bound by the same appellate rulings that were put on hold pending the Supreme Court's review. That would make same-sex marriage legal in 30 states and the District of Columbia. (Read more)
- This is a travesty, an injustice to God and those called by His Name, to all the voters in Virginia who worked so hard to get out the vote for Marriage One Man One Woman by a 72% majority in Virginia. Please pray with us for a turn around in this horrible anti-God, anti-biblical, anti-founding fathers, anti-faith turning our national Judeo-Christian prinicples heritage upside down. May God turn the ways of the wicked upside down, cause what is done in secret to be shouted from the housetops and restore our One Nation Under God to God Himself! Let us never give up, never surrender to sin that so easily besets mankind and is being promoted to our children, grandchildren and generations to come. This is an abomination that God will judge. Let us pray, amen.
"This affects not only the Commonwealth for Virginia, but also marriages to begin in Utah and 30 other states by rejecting an appeal that had sought to ban weddings of gay couples. Ind., and Dane County, Wis., began issuing licenses to same-sex couples before noon. Colorado, Utah and Oklahoma were expected to follow suit as soon as the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals ordered the states to issue licenses.including Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina. That would bring to 30 the number of states"The court's decision not to take up this issue now means that the marriage battle will continue," said Byron Babione, senior counsel at the Alliance Defending Freedom, which has been active in defending prohibitions against same-sex marriage. "The people should decide this issue, not the courts." the Supreme Court could still take up the issue of same-sex marriage later in this term after more states weigh in." (Submitted by Ben & Rita Grace)
- "You, Yourself, are to be feared;
And who may stand in Your presence
When once You are angry?
You caused judgment to be heard from heaven;
The earth feared and was still,
When God arose to judgment,
To deliver all the oppressed of the earth."
2. Appeals court lets Texas enforce tough new abortion restrictions - Fox News
A federal appeals court allows Texas to immediately begin enforcing tough new abortion restrictions that will effectively close all but seven abortion facilities in America's second most-populous state. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we lift up glorious praise to You that this Texas court has supported this law which the majority of Texan citizens supported. This law is saying that abortion doctors and clinics need nearby emergency backup medical care options like all other types of clinics must have. We pray 'Life' into this situation and bind the spirit of death. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Thus says the Lord: 'Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches; but let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord, exercising loving kindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight,' says the Lord." (Jeremiah 9:23-24 NKJV)
3. Obama: Ebola is a national security threat - MSNBC
President Obama spoke after an update on the Ebola outbreak calling it a threat to national security.
NEW YORK (PIX11) - Ebola is now a top national security priority. That's according to President Barack Obama, after he met with public health officials in Washington Monday.
The debate on how to stop Ebola from spreading and coming to the United States continues.
A Texas Congressman wants to close America's borders to travelers from West Africa.
"What is correct is, is that we treat this in the circumstance where we stop travel to the United States not just from there, but also understanding that the African travel goes to Europe and other places," Rep. Pete Sessions said.
- Lord God in heaven, once again we cry out to You to move upon the heart of our "king" to take vigilant action, as needed, to protect our borders and our people from what is rapidly becoming a global pandemic. We ask that You grant all decision-makers unusual wisdom and creative strategies to block this virus, both from spreading further within the continental United States and from crossing our borders at all checkpoints. Help us, Lord, we pray in Your name, amen.
- "I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son." (John 14:13)
4. If Obama thinks Ebola is a 'national security priority,' why no travel ban? - Fox News
Obama declared the Ebola outbreak a "national security priority." That was three weeks ago. Yet, he has failed to treat it as such. He could ban all travel into the U.S. of any person who has been in the affected West African countries. He has the legal power to do so. Why hasn't he? (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this article is asking why are there no medical safety protocols, such as travel bans, being established if President Obama thinks Ebola is a 'national security priority'. We join in asking this question. Help us, Father, by rising up to confront all who need to be involved to take action for the medical safety of our nation. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "Thus says the Lord: 'Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the Lord. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord.'" (Jeremiah 17:5 and 7 NKJV)
5. Spain has outbreak's 1st known case of contracting Ebola outside of Africa - CNN News
A nurse's assistant in Spain is the first person known to have contracted Ebola outside of Africa in the current outbreak. Spanish Health Minister Ana Mato announced Monday that a test confirmed the assistant has the virus. The woman helped treat a Spanish missionary and a Spanish priest, both of whom had contracted Ebola in West Africa. Both died after returning to Spain. Health officials said she developed symptoms on September 30. She was not hospitalized until this week. Her only symptom was a fever. (Read more)
- Lord God, as we continue to track this virus in prayer, it seems that these reports are getting worse and worse. We now face a dangerous enemy, without a human face. Again, Lord, we plead for increased security measures in our own nation, and a vaccine to be produced that can cure all victims of Ebola. We ask for these miracles to come forth quickly, in Jesus' name, amen.
- "Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee . . . " (Jer. 32:17)
6. ISIS Plans On Sending Muslims Infected With Ebola Into America To Infect And Kill Americans - Freedom Outpost
ISIS threatened the United States and their allies with spreading the Ebola virus within those countries if they continue to wage war on the organization inside Syria and Iraq.
ISIS explained that its members can "synthesize and produce" "Ebola and Corona." ISIS also said, Followers and soldiers of the Islamic State are mostly suicide bombers and all of them are ready not only to carry Ebola, but to drink Ebola if they were asked to carry and spread it in the United States. This is not difficult but we need a decision from the leaders jihadist. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, this is a frightening report. However, considering how violent and depraved this group has already shown the world to be, it is a real possibility. We ask that somehow this vile plan be thwarted and shattered into nothingness, in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not be envious of evil men, nor desire to be with them. For their heart devises violence, and their lips talk of troublemaking." (Proverbs 24:1-2 NKJV)
7. U.S. teen left home to join ISIS, feds say - CNN
Arrest made at Chicago airport
Before authorities arrested him at a Chicago airport and accused him of attempting to provide aid to ISIS, a teen from the suburbs left behind a letter for his parents.
Once he crossed security at the airport Saturday, federal agents stopped him and executed a search warrant at his home, where documents expressing support for ISIS and jihadists were recovered, the U.S. attorney's office said. Among them, according to the complaint: drawings of the black ISIS flag and a notebook including a sketch of an ISIS fighter accompanied by words in Arabic: "Come to Jihad."(Read more)
- Lord God, we lift up a banner of praise before Your Throne of Grace that this confused and deceived teenager was apprehended before he could render us or others harm for ISIS. We ask that Your Hand of divine protection would rest now upon his family and that they might find You as their Savior. And Lord, we ask that all others who have similar plans be found, arrested, incarcerated and never freed again. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
- "He uncovers deep things out of darkness, And brings the shadow of death to light." (Job 12:22)
8. FBI Director Comey says roughly a dozen Americans fighting with extremist groups in Syria - Fox News
FBI Director James Comey said Sunday he knows of roughly a dozen Americans fighting with extremist groups in Syria, but acknowledged there could be more.
Comey made the assessment during an interview with CBS's "60 Minutes," his first major TV interview since he began running the agency in September 2013.
Comey said he would do everything in his power to monitor the militant fighters if they return to the United States, amid fears they would launch a terror attack on American soil. However, he said American citizens have the right to freely enter and exit the U.S.
"Ultimately, an American citizen, unless their passport is revoked, is entitled to come back," Comey told CBS. "So someone who has fought with (Islamic State) with an American passport and wants to come back, we will track them very carefully." (Read more)
- Lord God, again we come to You, asking that every hidden thing be revealed about this flaw in our visa system. We ask that those Americans who are fighting with ISIS in Iraq or Syria be apprehended and detained upon return to the States, and that new policies be written immediately so that their passports will be seized and they remain here . . . and in jail. We ask for these strong measures to be set in place quickly, in Jesus' name, amen and amen.
- "Let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish the just."
9. DAMAGE CONTROL: Biden remarks shake up US-Arab alliance in ISIS fight - Fox News
Biden apologizes to Turkish President Erdogan for saying Turkey allowed foreign fighters into Syria
The vice president has apologized twice now for suggesting last week that key U.S. allies inflamed the situation in Syria by sending arms and money to extremists opposed to Bashar Assad.
The fallout over Biden's remarks is perhaps unprecedented - his verbal miscues typically cause headaches for the White House, but otherwise are diplomatically harmless.
Vice President Biden on Saturday apologized to Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan for saying the Turkish leader admitted his country made mistakes by allowing foreign fighters to cross into Syria.
Biden spoke directly to Erdogan to "clarify" comments made on Thursday at Harvard University and apologized for "any implication" that Turkey or other allies had intentionally supplied or helped in the growth of the Islamic State or other extremists groups in Syria, the White House said.
Erdogan denied making such remarks and said Biden would become "history to me" over the comments at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, in Cambridge, Mass., unless he fixed the situation. The speech was an especially bad event for the vice president who has a history of gaffes and unscripted, problem-causing remarks. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring Vice President Biden before You, asking, if he will receive it, for his full redemption from the darkness in which he appears to dwell and for his transformation by encountering Your glorious light. He has so often made inappropriate remarks and comments which have caused problems diplomatically. This particular remark made during a speech at Harvard University has caused embarrassing negative international ramifications. May Turkish President Erdogan accept Vice President Biden's apology, and may You cause Vice President Biden in the future to carefully review the words he says before they exit his mouth. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Restore us, O Lord God of Hosts; cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved!" (Psalm 80:19 NKJV)
10. Canada mosque teaches 4-year-olds how to behead - WorldNetDaily
An Ontario mosque is coming under fire for using young Muslim children to conduct mock beheadings in a school play. Video footage of the Islamic Jaffari Center in Thornhill, Ontario, shows children as young as 4 years old watching and learning to conduct beheadings in a play that reportedly took place two years ago. The video was featured on the Canada's Sun News Network television program, "Byline with Brian Lilley." A young boy can be seen sitting on the floor as another boy approaches him from behind with a machete. At the end of the play, the boy playing the part of the executioner announces, "Here are the heads." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we stand in the gap before You in repentance for these young children being trained to do such barbaric practices as the beheading of other people. We cry for mercy and appeal that these children who are involved would somehow be pulled out of their extreme spiritual darkness and into Your glorious redemptive light. We ask that You rise up and condemn those who are teaching these little ones to do such evilness. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not fret because of evildoers, nor be envious of the wicked; for there will be no prospect for the evil man; the lamp of the wicked will be put out." (Proverbs 24:19-20 NKJV)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." (Zechariah 14:16)
1. Intercessors for Israel: Weekly Update
To read this update, go here.
2. Bridges for Peace: Weekly Prayer Alert
To read this update, go here.
3. Report: Two dead after explosion in Iranian nuclear facility - Jerusalem Post
An explosive material production unit at a nuclear facility near Tehran, according to Iranian press reports on Monday.
The incident occurred at the Parchin military compound, not far from the Iranian capital, according to the Iranian Students News Agency.
The BBC said on Monday that a pro-opposition website was also reporting an explosion at the site.
The BBC cited the pro-reform website Sahamnews as saying that the explosion on Sunday evening was "so intense that windows of buildings 15 km (nine miles) away were shattered."
"The glare from the blast could also be seen from a great distance," the report said. (Read more)
4. Netanyahu: For Palestinian state to emerge everyone needs to adjust concepts of sovereignty - Jerusalem Post
If there is ever to be a Palestinian state, everyone is going to have to adjust their ideas of sovereignty, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in an interview broadcast Sunday.
Netanyahu, who filmed the interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria during his stay last week in New York, said that the only way to ensure that territory ceded by Israel does not turn into a "third Iranian enclave around Israel's border" is to have a long-term Israeli security presence inside a future Palestinian state.
The Palestinians, according to Netanyahu, "say: 'Oh, you can't do that. That offends our sovereignty. We can't have the security presence or military presence of our former enemy on our soil. That doesn't square with independence.' I say: Really? How about American forces in Germany 70 years after the fact or in Japan or in South Korea?" While acknowledging that "no analogy is perfect and identical," Netanyahu said that if Hamas takes over the West Bank, "they could stop our international airport with mortars, not rockets, not missiles. (Read more)
5. Netanyahu slams Sweden; says White House criticism 'un-American' - Ynet News Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu slammed Sweden's announcement it will recognize a Palestinian state, saying "Unilateral steps are in contradiction to past agreements, and they do not contribute to peace, but rather distance it."
"Peace will be achieved only by negotiation between the sides." Netanyahu added.
On Friday, Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said that his new government was going to recognize a Palestinian state. The statement led to a diplomatic crisis, with Israel summoning Sweden's ambassador for a reprimand talk at the Foreign Ministry. Meanwhile, the Swedes have clarified their position in a statement, saying they will recognize a Palestinian state achieved through peace negotiations with Israel. (Read more)
6. Confusion reigns over when Sweden will recognize 'Palestine' - Times of Israel
Sweden's Prime Minister reiterated Sunday that his country was set to officially recognize the State of Palestine, but clarified that a date for the actual recognition act had not yet been determined.
In a telephone conversation with opposition leader Isaac Herzog, Stefan Lofven stressed that a Swedish recognition of Palestine would only be approved after rigorous talks on the matter with Israeli, Palestinian, and US officials, Haaretz reported. "We will not recognize Palestine as a state tomorrow morning," Lofven assured Herzog. "We want to speak beforehand with all relevant parties, including Israel, the Palestinians, the United States and other EU countries."
Lofven reportedly went on to say that recognizing the state of Palestine complied with the Swedish government's stated guidelines. (Read more)
7. Islamic State said to eye Iran's nuclear secrets -
A manifesto purportedly written by one of the Islamic State's senior military commanders details an unlikely plan that would see the brutal Sunni Islamist group gain Iran's nuclear secrets with Russia's help, London's Sunday Times reported.
The document, which has been attributed to Abdullah Ahmed al-Meshedani, said to be a member of IS's "war cabinet," was captured by Iraqi commandos during a raid in March, Sunday's report said.
The report said that the manifesto, which Western security officials have deemed authentic, proposed offering Moscow access to an IS-held gas field in Iraq in exchange for "Iran and its nuclear program." (Read more)
Netanyahu Leads Again
Netanyahu Leads Again
Many of you applauded my observation last week that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had assumed the mantle of leader of the free world. During a CNN interview Sunday, Netanyahu made it clear why he is the leader best able to defend Western Civilization from the left's critiques.
Asked if he was saying that he would never negotiate with Hamas, Netanyahu replied:
"I negotiate with an enemy who wants to stop being my enemy. That's how you make peace. An enemy who wants to destroy you, who remains committed to your obliteration, is not someone you can negotiate with. You don't negotiate with Al-Qaeda. You don't negotiate with this latter-day Caliph, with Baghdadi, because these people want to destroy you. As long as Hamas remains committed to our destruction, what's there to negotiate?"
Let's hope that our next president is as articulate and steadfast as Netanyahu.
Speaking of jobs nobody is willing to do: Israel may be doing one we ought to do. There are reports today of an explosion at an Iranian nuclear site. The blast was so intense that it reportedly shattered windows nine miles away. No one knows who did it, but it could be evidence that Israel is working to prevent a second Holocaust by preventing Iran from possessing nuclear weapons. (Gary Bauer)
Tracking the Virus
Tracking the Virus
"if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." (Mark 16:18)
1. The Nuclear Option: Ebola Mission Not Worthy of Our Troops - Breitbart
The world's supply of experimental Ebola drug runs dry just as U.S. troops are deployed to West Africa by a commander-in-chief who has never appeared to have much use for the military as an actual military force. He has deployed them there to fight, in all seriousness, the Ebola virus.
A week later, the commander is pictured stepping off Marine One. He offers the Marines guarding him with their lives a lazy half-salute, not even bothering to remove the paper coffee cup from his right hand. Can one be blamed for wondering if just maybe this president doesn't like America's armed forces? Or, perhaps the better question is: How can anyone claim that President Obama has the thinnest shred of respect for America's warriors when he goes and does something like this?
Of course, he did not plan for the world's supply of ZMapp to vanish just as he deployed troops into the single most devastating outbreak of Ebola in known history. But the idea that - even with all the real militaristic threats we face around the world - the president chooses to send 3,000 soldiers into Liberia to somehow combat a deadly, highly-contagious virus is beyond explanation. We are told our soldiers are supposed to train medical personnel. For what, how to use a bayonet? (Read more)
- Abba Father, we bring the US military troops who have been sent to 'fight' Ebola in Africa before Your heavenly throne, asking for acute wisdom, discernment and protection. We find it difficult to understand why they were sent on this medical mission when they are not trained properly to do this. We seek mercy, Father, for these troops, asking for them to be washed in the Blood of the Lamb and kept healthy and safe. We seek enlightenment for their commander in chief as to the acute danger this action causes so that this decision may be revised quickly. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you." (Isaiah 43:2 NKJV)
2. Ebola, A Nurse's Perspective - Rapture Ready
The biggest part of the discussion is how Ebola is spread. I will say two things on the topic, no, it is not airborne, and yes, basic hygiene plays a HUGE factor and one other HUGE factor . . .droplets . . . let that word really sink in. The virus may not be airborne, but the droplets are . . . contact also includes microscopic mucous and saliva droplets, each one chock full of Ebola. (Read more)
3. US Ebola patient in critical condition, hospital says - Fox News
The first man diagnosed with the Ebola virus in the United States is in critical condition, the Dallas hospital that has been treating him reported Saturday.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, where Thomas Eric Duncan is being treated, didn't provide any further details about his condition. The hospital previously said Duncan was being kept in isolation and that his condition was serious but stable.
Duncan traveled from disease-ravaged Liberia to Dallas last month before he began showing symptoms of the disease.
Meanwhile, the woman who calls Duncan her stepfather told The Wall Street Journal that he got much sicker shortly after he was diagnosed with a fever and sent home. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring this man and all persons with this terrible disease before Your throne, asking for healing, comfort and strength. We bring all persons for health and protection, who unknowingly were exposed to this disease by being around this man. Have mercy, Father, as we ask for these people to be spared from a terrible disease and possible death. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen & Amen.
- "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear." (Isaiah 65:24 NKJV)
4. Sick passenger removed from United flight by medical personnel in hazmat suits - Fox News
At least one passenger exhibiting flu-like symptoms and believed to be from Liberia was removed Saturday from a United Airlines plane at New Jersey's Newark International Airport by medical personnel in hazmat suits.
Passengers and crew on board Flight 998 were instructed to remain inside the plane while the sick passenger was removed. They were allowed off the plane shortly after the removal. United Airlines said it is working with authorities to accommodate its passengers.
"The crew reported that a person was vomiting, and that Liberians were aboard the plane," a law enforcement source told The New York Post. "The person throwing up is believed to be Liberian." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we offer praise that this airline was proactive in response to this sick passenger so that many other people would not potentially be exposed to Ebola if this passenger had this disease. We are thankful, Father, that in the end, this person tested negative for the disease, which offers mercy to his fellow airline passengers. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "So that men will say, 'Surely there is a reward for the righteous; surely He is God who judges in the earth.'" (Psalm 58:11 NKJV)
5. Outrage! Ebola vomit washed down storm drain - WND
America wants to know: Why in the world isn't the Ebola clean-up crew in Dallas, Texas, wearing protective biohazard suits to prevent further spread of the deadly virus?
A photo posted online by Dallas/Fort Worth's WFAA-TV News showed workers pressure washing the sidewalk where Thomas Duncan, a man who arrived from Liberia on Sept. 20 and was confirmed to have the Ebola virus, had vomited all over the ground outside The Ivy Apartments on Sept. 26. Hunter's family members are reportedly quarantined in an apartment unit under armed guard after they attempted to violate orders to remain in their home.
The workers, who appeared to be allowing the potentially contaminated water wash down the storm drains, wore no protective gear - not even gloves. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we come before You seeking mercy for the clean-up staff, for people living near these storm drains and for all who could possibly be contaminated by this Ebola virus that was washed down a drain with no special precautions. We ask You, Father, to rise up and cleanse this disturbing mistake, praying in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "For I, the Lord, your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'" (Isaiah 41:13 NKJV)
6. CDC chief warns against restricting entry to the US over Ebola crisis - Fox News
Federal officials confirmed Saturday that the suspected Ebola patient at the District of Columbia's Howard University hospital does not have the fatal disease and reiterated their top priority is protecting Americans, amid widespread concerns about a confirmed Ebola case in Dallas.
Dr. Thomas Frieden, directorof the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the federal government is looking at different safety-related suggestions from Capitol Hill and beyond, but he suggested the key is to control the deadly virus where it started overseas, not limiting entry to the United States.
"Though we might wish we can seal ourselves off from the world, there are Americans who have the right of return and many other people that have the right to enter this country," Frieden said at a press conference Saturday. "We're not going to be able to get to zero risk no matter what we do unless we control the outbreak in West Africa."
Frieden went on to say that limiting entry at the borders could actually put Americans at greater risk. "In terms of the entry process, we really need to be clear that we don't inadvertently increase the risk to people in this country by making it harder for us to respond to the needs in those countries, by making it harder to get assistance in and therefore those outbreaks would become worse, go on longer, and paradoxically, something that we did to try and protect ourselves might actually increase our risk," Frieden said.
The recent outbreak has killed more than 3,400 people this year in that region. (Read more)
- Abba Father, we do not understand why this man from the CDC thinks limiting entry into the United States for a period of time is a bad idea. If the person is traveling to the US from a nation with an obvious pandemic of Ebola occurring, it seems logical to delay traveling until the Ebola in that nation is more in control. Help us, Father, to be both merciful and yet to act for the greater safety of all involved. We pray this in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
- "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah, the Lord (The Rock of Ages,) is everlasting strength." (Isaiah 26:3-4 NKJV)
7. Report: U.S. Relying on Untrained Third World to Prevent Mass Deaths Here - Breitbart
The President of the Private Practice Doctors organization has charged that the U.S. government's lack of urgency in border and flight security, coupled with West Africa's inability to properly screen people with fevers, undermines protocols and puts Americans in danger of contracting Ebola.
Dr. Reed Wilson, a renowned cardiologist and long time member of the Cedars Sinai Bioethics Committee, reacted to the reality that the Ebola virus has spread rapidly across Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone since March, killing more than 3,000 people. "We are relying on the failed governments of West African nations to do the screening of their citizens and travelers," Wilson said. "We are depending on Third World, untrained individuals to be the bulwark for the U.S.A. to prevent mass death. This should not bring comfort to the ears of American citizens."
It has been well documented that there is no vaccine or approved cure for the virus at this time, and that it is contagious with direct personal contact, such as through sweat, broken skin, or mucous membranes with a sick person's blood or urine, saliva, feces, vomit, and semen. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, may our leaders hear the plea being presented here by Dr. Wilson, and may our leaders move quickly to proactively protect our nation at points of entry from this terrible disease. We can see that both air travel and border crossing areas need to be secured, and disease protocols firmly established. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear." (Isaiah 59:1 NKJV)
> > > A special note of thanks to today's prayer editor, Karen in Virginia, who has worked tirelessly to bring us today's news and prayers. Thank you, Karen!
The Daily Jot Part 1
Unemployment drops, but it's still really bad news
The occupant of the Oval Office is bragging now that unemployment dropped to 5.9%, the lowest since the summer of 2008. This is great deception. As pointed out by Tyler Durden of zerohedge.com, "for those curious...the answer is the same one we have shown every month since 2010: the collapse in the labor force participation rate, which in September slid from an already three decade low 62.8% to 62.7% - the lowest in over 36 years, matching the February 1978 lows. And while according to the Household Survey, 232,000 people found jobs, what is more disturbing is that the people not in the labor force, rose to a new record high, increasing by 315,000 to 92.6 million!"
The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not count people who no longer are looking for a job as unemployed. Last month, the number of Americans no longer in the workforce rose to a record 92.6. These are folks who couldn't find a job and gave up looking, or decided to retire. So when you hear those politicians toot their horns on jobs by saying unemployment has dropped during their tenure, don't stand too close--their noses may grow so fast you may get injured. Unemployment is going down because people are no longer counted in the workforce--not because they got a job. In fact, the federal and state governments employ over 8 million people--5% of the participating workforce.
Connecting the dots between statistics from the Bureau of Labor, Commerce Department, and Health and Human Services reveals big trouble. The total available labor force is 246.8 million. Only 154 million are participating in the workforce. Over 92.6 million have given up on having a job. Some 9.8 million of the 154 million are unemployed. Total unemployment, therefore, is over 41% or approximately 102.3 million people, roughly a third of the US population. As of January 1, over 65 million were receiving Welfare, Food Stamps or Unemployment. So we have over 144 million people (the employed labor force) supporting over 65 million plus another 37 million teetering on the edge of government assistance. All of us who work are essentially supporting our own family AND someone else's who doesn't work.
In Luke 10:7, Jesus said "the laborer is worthy of his wages." 2 Thessalonians 3:10 says, "...if any would not work, neither should he eat." Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 3:13, "...every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God." Even after the Lord returns, people will, as shown in Isaiah 65:21-23, "They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build and another inhabit; they shall not plant and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labor in vain." Socialism is against God's plan for your life. Don't be deceived by liars figuring.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
The Daily Jot Part 2
Ebola, EV-D68 and our ministry work, Part 1
I have seen countless emails forwarded by Christians that claim the Ebola scare is just that--a scare, perhaps even another government red flag event (if you are a practicing conspiracy junkie). I can tell you this: The lack of security on the US border and the poor processes used by government officials who are supposed to protect Americans could be a deadly combination to you or your child. The government has allowed, even forced the mainstreaming of illegal alien children into our public schools and they do not have to meet even the basic health requirements of citizen children. Ebola and EV-D68 are a threat. How we handle that threat is key. Don't expect much from the government.
The sooner you decide that you must take your own steps to protect your family from unnecessary risk, the less anxiety and actual risk you will experience. The government is not going to protect your family from disease any more than it will protect your family from Islamic colonization and all the barbaric risks it poses. The government has another agenda, and your health and safety, your Constitutional rights, are not part of that agenda. We could learn a thing or two from our ministry work in Ghana, West Africa. The government there has the desire to protect its people, but it does not have the resources. Our ministry partner, William Agbeti, a true pastor and man of God, understood this from the onset.
He explained: "A recent outbreak of cholera exposed how porous the country has become owing to poor personal and public hygiene, as the disease claimed close to 100 lives and affected thousands. Right on the heels of cholera now comes the outbreak of the ebola virus disease (EVD), which is sweeping across parts of the sub-region, claiming in its wake hundreds of lives and infecting several others on a daily basis; putting everyone in this country on edge." Family members, friends, neighbors, students, church members and the entire nation noted for its culture of handshake, are no longer shaking hands. Fear is rife among the populace that the nation is not ready to deal with the EVD, should Ghana record a case."
Our ministry in Ghana trains up pastors to go into the rural areas and establish churches. These rural areas also happen to be targets of Islam. The people are poor. They are unreachable by the government. The Christian churches refuse to venture out into this dangerous and underserved area. Pastor Agbeti wanted to protect these folks from an outbreak of EVD and spread the gospel instead. He prayed about it and enlisted our support. Point is, putting your trust in government won't save you. Psalm 20.7 says, "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God." We must first determine to remember and listen to the LORD. From there, we must act. In the days ahead, the Daily Jot will share how we protect our church family and share the gospel in Ghana. It will work here, too.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Statement by FRC: Today's Ruling by the Supreme Court
Supreme Court Refuses to Take Up Marriage Cases, Knowing Nation Will Not Accept Nationwide Redefinition of Marriage
October 06, 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Family Research Council President Tony Perkins released the following statement in response to the Supreme Court's refusal to accept appeals in marriage cases involving the five states of Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin:
"The Supreme Court decision to not take up these lower court rulings, which undermine natural marriage and the rule of law, for now, puts the issue of marriage back before the US Congress. This decision, in part, is an indication that those on the Court who desire to redefine natural marriage recognize the country will not accept a Roe v. Wade type decision on marriage.
"Unfortunately, by failing to take up these marriage cases, the High Court will allow rogue lower court judges who have ignored history and true legal precedent to silence the elected representatives of the people and the voice of the people themselves by overturning state provisions on marriage. Even more alarming, lower court judges are undermining our form of government and the rights and freedoms of citizens to govern themselves. This judicially led effort to force same sex 'marriage' on people will have negative consequences for our Republic, not only as it relates to natural marriage but also undermining the rule of and respect for law.
"The Court decision ensures that the debate over natural marriage will continue and the good news is that time is not on the side of those who want to redefine marriage. As more states are forced to redefine marriage, contrary to nature and directly in conflict with the will of millions, more Americans will see and experience attacks on their religious freedom. Parents will find a wedge being driven between them and their children as school curriculum is changed to contradict the morals parents are teaching their children. As more and more people lose their livelihoods because they refuse to not just tolerate but celebrate same-sex marriage, Americans will see the true goal, which is for activists to use the Court to impose a redefinition of natural marriage on the entire nation.
"Congress should respond to today's announcement by moving forward with the State Marriage Defense Act, which is consistent with last year's Windsor ruling and ensures that the federal government in its definition of marriage respects the duly enacted marriage laws of the states," concluded Perkins.
To stop the next U.S. beheading
To stop the next U.S. beheading
The signs were all there, glaring, waiting to be seen. The predisposition to violence, time spent in prison, emotionally unstable Web postings.
Alton Nolen, the alleged perp in last week's horrible beheading in Oklahoma, was no aberration.
If anything, he was a ticking time bomb with a short fuse.
His firing from Vaughn Foods was simply the catalyst that seemingly tripped the trigger in his mind to move from jihadi thoughts to violent action: One small switch, one perceived slight and he was gone - doing what he had seen ISIS members do, beheading innocents.
Several radical Islamist groups had recently urged American "lone wolves" to act in the name of Allah and attack innocents wherever they could. Nolen evidently decided to heed the call.
But it could have been stopped before it started. Authorities should know beforehand what an individual like this can do. There's even a profile of tell-tale signs that authorities should pick up on. (By by Patrick Dunleavy, New York Post, October 5, 2014)
Reported by The Investigative Project on Terrorism. Read more here.
Tomorrow: Religious Freedom Day
Tomorrow: Religious Freedom Day
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Religious Freedom Day is Tuesday, October 7, a day focusing on the threats to religious liberty in America and ways we can respond. America Family Radio will feature guests like, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Sen. Rick Santorum, Eric Metaxas, Dr. Alveda King, Kelly Shackelford, Dr. Robert Jeffress, and others appearing in the documentary, A Time to Speak.
There will also be a live radio/web simulcast of Today's Issues at 10:05 AM central with a special announcement from Tim Wildmon.
You can listen on American Family Radio or watch online at www.ATimeToSpeak.com You'll come away better equipped to make a difference in the upcoming mid-term elections.
Thanks for helping us make a difference!
Tim Wildmon, President
American Family Association
Looking at the Polls
Looking at the Polls
We're less than a month away from Election Day and the polls continue to indicate that Republicans are poised to make gains this November. Gallup released a poll finding that the atmosphere this year is very much like it was in 2010.
By a 12-point margin, more voters say they are casting ballots this November to express opposition to Obama's policies than to show support for them. Even among Democrats, just 38% say they are voting to support Obama's policies. That's down from 45% in 2010, suggesting a significant enthusiasm gap for Democrats.
If you have any doubts about voting this November, let me remind you what Obama said last week: "I am not on the ballot this fall." But then he added, Make no mistake: these policies are on the ballot. Every single one of them."
Voter registration deadlines are approaching fast. In several states, the deadline is TODAY. Please find one like-minded friend, family member, co-worker who is not registered to vote andget them registered! (Gary Bauer)
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study
Written by Susan L. Turner
Week of Sunday, October 5 - Saturday, October 11
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner:
APPEALS COURT GIVES TEXAS PERMISSION TO ENFORCE TOUGH NEW ABORTION RESTRICTIONS, PROTECTING WOMEN AND POSSIBLY SAVING BABIES
(Texas)-According to an AP report on Thursday, a federal appeals court handed down permission for Texas to "fully enforce" the abortion law which was signed by Gov. Rick Perry last year, and which would effectively shut down all but 7 abortion facilities in the state.
The law actually helps protect the health of women who go into clinics, requiring those facilities to be staffed with doctors who have "hospital admitting privileges," in case those services are needed.
In August, a lower court had blocked those requirements, but the decision by the 5th US Circuit Court in New Orleans removed the lower block from the lower court, which had been celebrated by pro-abortion activists.
Attorney General Greg Abbott, defended the law saying, "This decision is a vindication of the careful deliberation by the Texas Legislature to craft a law to protect the health and safety of Texas women."
Source: Breaking Christian News
Signs and Wonders
Signs and Wonders
NASA spots million-mile-long filament across the sun
A cloud of solar material stretching across the sun has caught NASA's attention, and it's a wonder to behold.
Recently, a filament appeared on the sun that stretches about a million miles in length. This massive formation is held up by magnetic forces and rotates along with the sun. Straighten it out and it would very nearly reach around the sun. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory keeps a constant watch on the sun and has been tracking the huge filament for days.
The filament appears in images taken in different wavelengths as a long, tendril-like line etched across the sun. It looks like something out of a CGI-fueled sci-fi movie. Scientists are studying filaments in an effort to learn more about how they are created and what causes them to occasionally turn into powerful eruptions shooting plasma out into space. (CNet.com) Read more and view photos here.
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
Julie True - "Worship You"
Today's Birthdays on the Hill
"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." ( I Timothy 2:1-4)
Today's Birthday Greetings go to:
Rep. Kerry Bentivolio (MI)
Rep. Lloyd Doggett (TX)
Rep. Brian Higgins (NY)
Rep. Steve Scalise (LA)
(Source: Bible Pathways Ministries. www.biblepathway.org)