Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"A National Prayer Alliance"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief:
"Praying for All in Authority"
Monday, October 27, 2014
"The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."
". . . the glory of the LORD filled the temple. . ." (2 Chronicles 5:14)
The Daily Brief
1. Citizen Jihadists: ISIS uses 'lone wolves' to mount cheap, effective attacks on US soil - Fox News
Al Qaeda spent less than $1 million on its signature 9/11 attack, but Islamic State has found an even more cost-effective way to strike on American soil - inspiring psychotic sympathizers to commit "lone wolf" attacks that blur the line between random crime and terrorism, say experts.
Grisly photos and video of severed heads and mutilated bodies tweeted out and posted on the Internet, combined with explicit calls to kill, have allowed Islamic State to turn American citizens into weapons, say experts. The new technique requires no infiltration by sleeper cells and no planning, coordination or logistics. Yet, it is proving extremely effective at spreading fear, they say.
"If you can kill a disbelieving American or European, especially the spiteful and filthy French, or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever, then rely upon Allah and kill him in any manner or way however it may be," urged a speaker on a video Islamic State released last month.
A law enforcement bulletin obtained last month by FoxNews.com warned that Islamic State fighters have increased calls for "lone wolves" to attack U.S. soldiers in America. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, awaken Your intercessors to all You would have us pray as to these 'lone wolves' who are rising up and striking our nations with terrorist activities. Have mercy, Father, and give us acute discernment of when and what to pray over, so that warnings can be given out and hopefully received by those needing to hear them. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began." (2 Timothy 1:7-9 NKJV)
2. Canadian Parliament killer has Libya link - WND
Most of the news accounts of the Muslim gunman who stormed the Canadian Parliament failed to mention his father fought alongside the Libyan rebels who overthrew Moammar Gadhafi's regime in 2011.
Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, 32, is being described as a convert to Islam who appears to have acted alone when he killed Corporal Nathan Cirillo, 24, at a war memorial and attacked the nearby Canadian Parliament building Wednesday before being shot dead by a heroic sergeant-at-arms.
NBC News reported Zehaf-Bibeau was born Michael Joseph Hall but changed his name when he converted to Islam at least 10 years ago. Many news accounts report he is the son of Bulgasem Zehaf, a Quebec businessman. However, lost in most of the coverage is that Canada's Globe and Mail newspaper reported Zehaf-Bibeau's father "appears to have fought in 2011 in Libya." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, more and more young people are rising up to participate in the Islamic cause, whether near to their home as 'lone wolves' or traveling to the Middle East fighting areas. We ask for Your mercy, Lord. We ask that You direct us into clear discernment about how You would have us pray over these actions and how our leadership should respond. We ask this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls." (Proverbs 25:28 NKJV)
3. States' Ebola quarantines spark frustration, disagreement between feds, governors - Fox News
Three U.S. states imposing mandatory quarantines of health-care workers returning from Ebola-ravaged West Africa sparked a furious debate this weekend that included the country's top infectious-disease doctor saying he would not have recommended such a measure and a quarantined nurse saying she feels like a "criminal."
Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told "Fox News Sunday" that the 21-day quarantines now being imposed in Illinois, New Jersey and New York can have the unintended consequence of discouraging healthcare workers from volunteering in the West African countries, where an estimated 4,500 people have so far this year died from Ebola. "We do not want to put them in a position where it makes it very, very uncomfortable for them to even volunteer," he said.
New Jersey GOP Gov. Chris Christie told Fox News that he has "great respect" for Fauci but defended his decision to impose the quarantine, saying he has an obligation to protect residents amid Centers for Disease Control guidelines that remain a "moving target." (Read more)
- Father, we need You to abide in the midst of all of these discussions and to have Your wisdom and direction clearly discerned, so that this dreadful disease may be brought under control. Direct our leaders at both the state and federal levels to reach an agreed-upon policy for receiving these health care workers back to our land. We ask this prayer in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." (Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV)
4. Ebola-stricken doc described as driven do-gooder- AP
Dr. Craig Spencer, the physician now being treated for Ebola in New York City, is the kind of globe-trotting do-gooder who could walk into a small village in Africa and, even though he didn't know the language, win people over through hugs alone, according to people who worked with him. Even before leaving for Guinea this summer to fight Ebola with Doctors Without Borders, the 33-year-old had amassed an ordinary man's lifetime worth of world travel, much of which was in the service of the poor.
In the past three years alone, Spencer, an attending physician at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, had been to Rwanda to work on an emergency care teaching curriculum, volunteered at a health clinic in Burundi, helped investigate an infectious parasitic disease in the Democratic Republic of Congo and traveled to 32 villages in Indonesia to do a public health survey.
Friends of the stricken doctor described him Friday as fun-loving but driven to stay involved in the global health fight. "Everything else in his life was two, three and four on the priority list," said Dr. Liz Edelstein, a San Diego emergency medicine physician who met Spencer while teaching a course on wilderness medicine. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we bring before Your throne this doctor who has come down with Ebola from his work in west Africa. We ask that he be fully restored to health so that he may continue to work tirelessly for the health of the poor. We ask that You redeem him, Lord, if he does not already know You and if he will come. We ask that You will protect all who were around him before he knew he was ill and are around him now who are administering his care, keeping them safe from this dreadful disease. We pray this in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone." (Psalm 91:11-12 NKJV)
5. Cross called constitutional since it 'memorializes' soldiers - WND
A flashpoint for "church-state" debate since 1989, the Mount Soledad Memorial cross near San Diego has been ordered to be left alone and then to be torn down. It's been ruled constitutional and unconstitutional. But it's still there, and a new brief submitted to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals argues it should remain untouched, based on a new U.S. Supreme Court precedent. The case originated because someone was "offended" by the Christian symbol at the veterans memorial. It's the third cross at the site since the first was erected in 1913. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, may this brief submitted to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals be accepted and the Mount Soledad Memorial cross be left in place to honor the sacrifices made by so many military personnel. We ask that You raise up Your right hand and stop all the protests against this memorial. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him. If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself." (2 Timothy 2:11-13 NKJV)
6. 'Satan' tells driver to crash into Ten Commandments - WND
An investigation is under way in Oklahoma City into a driver who crashed into a well-known Ten Commandments monument on the grounds of the state Capitol, breaking it into pieces. According to a report from KFOR Television, the man was taken in for "mental evaluation" after he told officers that Satan told him to urinate on the stone, then crash into it. The vandalism hit at one of the Ten Commandments monuments that has been challenged over the years by those objecting to the display of the tenets of Judeo-Christian faith. It, however, has remained on the grounds as part of the history of the state and nation. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, here again a monument displaying Your ways for us has been assaulted. Father, direct us how to respond. We ask You to abide in the midst of this event so that this monument may be restored and the enemy rebuked. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV)
7. Churches Now Forced to Pay for Abortions in California - Townhall.com
Thanks to a newly enforced regulation in California, abortion is now a "basic health care service" in the state. The Federalist's Casey Mattox reported the unfortunate news:
California's Department of Managed Health Care has ordered all insurance plans in the state to immediately begin covering elective abortion. Not Plan B. Not contraceptives. Elective surgical dismemberment abortion.(Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we stand in repentance for what is happening in the state of California, where all churches must pay for insurance coverage that provides abortion coverage regardless of how it violates their beliefs. It appears that the war to stand for life is encountering every encircling entrapment. Have mercy, Father, and direct how Your remnant is to respond. We ask this in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, and do not be still, O God For behold, Your enemies make a tumult; and those who hate You have lifted up their head." (Psalm 83:1-2 NKJV)
8. US to recognize same-sex marriage in 6 more states - Townhall.com
The federal government is recognizing gay marriage in six more states and extending federal benefits to those couples, Attorney General Eric Holder announced Saturday.
Gay marriage recently became legal in Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, North Carolina, West Virginia and Wyoming. The government's announcement follows the U.S. Supreme Court's decision earlier this month to decline to hear appeals from five states that sought to keep their marriage bans in place. It brings the total number of states with federal recognition of gay marriage to 32, plus the District of Columbia.
Couples married in these states will qualify for a range of federal benefits, including Social Security and veterans' benefits. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we fall before You in repentance for ourselves and our nation that these actions which contradict Your ways, have spread so widely. We ask that You abide in the midst of all these court decisions which cast aside the will of the majority of citizens and promote the radical gay agenda. Help us, Father, and direct our response, in the Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.
- "Arise, O God, judge the earth; for You shall inherit all nations." (Psalm 82:8 NKJV)
9. Democrats Push for New Heavy Regulations on Internet Postings, Drudge, and Blogs - Breitbart
As the media prepared to vacate newsrooms for the weekend, Democrats snuck in a last minute proposal that the Federal Elections Commission (FEC) be allowed to heavily regulate political content on internet sites such as Youtube, blogs, and the Drudge Report.
Obama FEC Vice Chairperson Ann M. Ravel announced late on Friday that the FEC was preparing new regulations to give itself control over videos, Internet-based political campaigns, and other content on the web. She insisted that, "A reexamination of the commission's approach to the internet and other emerging technologies is long overdue." (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, it is amazing how the Democrats are pushing to censure certain viewpoints that are contrary to their own but are not willing to apply the same regulations to all postings across the spectrum. Protect us, Father, as they want to suppress anything that opposes their agendas. Direct us how to respond so that truth and justice may arise, Father, in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen and Amen.
- "As snow in summer and rain in harvest, so honor is not fitting for a fool." (Proverbs 26:1 NKJV)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)
1. Security forces on high alert in Jerusalem ahead of Friday prayers -Times of Israel
Security forces were spreading out throughout East Jerusalem as well as the Old City Friday morning ahead of what was expected to be a volatile day, following a week of Arab rioting and violence in the capital.
Police said they would limit entry to the Temple Mount compound to males 40 and up and women of any age, after receiving information that Arab youths intended to foment unrest in the area after the conclusion of Friday prayers. Police officials warned they would show "zero tolerance" for unruly behavior. (Read more)
2. One capital, two deeply divided cities - Times of Israel
The sign hanging outside the Silwan home of Abdelrahman al-Shaludi, the terrorist who carried out Wednesday's attack in Jerusalem, after his first release from an Israeli prison in 2013 says a lot about the reality in the eastern part of the city.
"The Islamic Movement Bayt al-Maqdis lauds the heroic prisoner Abd al-Rahman al-Shaludi, on his release from the Occupation prison." And if there was any doubt about who the Islamic Movement Bayt al-Maqdis really is, then the pictures of the "martyrs" on the right side of the sign should solve the mystery: Ahmed Yassin, founder of Hamas, and Mohi a-Din a-Sharif, the successor of "The Engineer" Yahya Ayash who was killed in a mysterious explosion in 1998.
Hamas is alive and well. Not only in Gaza, not only in the West Bank, but right here, in the villages and neighborhoods in East Jerusalem, right under the noses of the Jerusalem police. (Read more)
- Heavenly Father, we pray for Jerusalem. We pray for the city that will be the seat of Your eternal kingdom to be united. We pray for the peace in Jerusalem and that the Arabs and Jews will no longer seek to do harm to the other. We lift up the terrorists in Hamas, we pray for their salvation and for them to repent of their sins. Father, have mercy on them. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
3. US tells staff to avoid E. Jerusalem rail stations -Times of Israel
US government personnel have been restricted from using Jerusalem Light Rail stations in parts of eastern Jerusalem for a month.
The US State Department announced the ban Thursday in a security message emailed to Americans in Israel the day after a terrorist attack on a light rail station left an infant dead and eight people injured.
The restriction is for the area where Wednesday's attack occurred and further into eastern Jerusalem. The restriction will be reviewed after 30 days. (Read more)
- Father, we pray for the protection of all Americans who are now in Jerusalem. We ask that You watch over them and keep them safe. We lift up all the innocent people there and pray for their protection as well. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
4. Report: Palestinians accept US request to delay Security Council bid for statehood - The Jerusalem Post
The London-based pan-Arab daily Asharq al-Awsat reported on Thursday that the Palestinian Authority has agreed to delay by two months its plan to seek a Security Council resolution calling for an Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines within three years.
The paper quoted Palestinian sources in Ramallah as saying that the PA leadership will give US Secretary of State John Kerry a two-month window to present his own plan for peace. The sources said that the PA leadership was nevertheless determined to proceed with the Security Council bid.
The sources also told the newspaper that the PA leadership is prepared to return to the negotiations with Israel but not according to "old mechanisms." (Read more)
- Lord God, the stories reported in the media about the Palestinian Authority agreeing to a delay or threatening the US if it vetoes a delay are changing daily. We pray that the PA will agree to delay this and really mean it. We pray that they won't have any hidden plans or threats that will be suddenly revealed. We thank You for Your control over this matter, Father. In the name of Yeshuah, amen.
5. Ya'alon: It's Not About '67 Borders' - Israel National News
Defense Minister: As long as Palestinian children are educated to kill Jews, there will not be peace.
The conflict with the Arabs will not end even if Israel withdraws to the pre-1967 borders, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said on Thursday.
Ya'alon, who is in the United States, made the comments during a visit to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where he met with wounded American soldiers.
"As far as the Palestinians are concerned, the conflict will not end with the 1967 borders," he said, in comments related to Wednesday's terrorist attack in Jerusalem in which a three-month-old baby was murdered. (Read more)
- Abba, this is the true heart of the matter. It doesn't matter how large the land of Israel is, while the Palestinians are taught to kill and hate Jews the threat will always be there. Father, we pray for the leaders of other nations, the UN, Palestine, and Israel to get the revelation that Defense Minister Ya'alon has. This battle is much greater than just land; it is a spiritual war. We ask that You release Your warrior angels to take down the principalities that are trying to defeat Your plans for Israel. We are thankful that we are on the side that wins. You are the Creator and Author of all things. We thank You and praise You. We pray these things in the name of Yeshuah, amen.
6. Egypt cancels Hamas-Israel talks following Sinai attack -Times of Israel
Dashing Hamas hopes of a détente with the Egyptian regime of Abdel Fattah el-Sissi, Egypt closed its borders to a high-ranking Hamas delegation to talks with Israel on Sunday, accusing Palestinians of involvement in a deadly terror attack in Sinai Friday. The Hamas delegation had been set to resume indirect talks between the Palestinians and Israel over a long-term Gaza ceasefire on Monday, but those talks were canceled.
Sissi said on Saturday that "foreign hands" were behind a suicide car bombing that killed over 30 soldiers at a checkpoint near the northern Sinai town of el-Arish, declaring a three-month state of emergency in the peninsula. But Egypt's deputy interior minister, Samih Bashadi, was more specific on Sunday, accusing "Palestinian operatives" of involvement in the attack. (Read more)
7. Hebrew Nation News
To read this week's edition of Hebrew Nation News, please go here.
8. Hamas Official Declares Intifada in Jerusalem - Israel National News
Hamas official Mahmoud Zahar, declared the constant cycle of violence in Jerusalem an "intifada" on Saturday night, making rumors of a so-called "silent intifada" official despite declarations from the Israeli security establishment that statements to that effect are exaggerated.
"Escalating the resistance in the city is the solution to Israeli aggression," Zahar told Hamas news agency Al-Risala.
Zahar also slammed the Hamas-Palestinian Authority (PA) "unity government"'s security coordination with Israel.
"The security coordination is a problem in that is suppresses the intifada against Israeli aggression," he stated. "The people in the West Bank [Judea-Samaria -ed.] are fighting on two fronts: the first is the Israeli occupation and the second is the PA's security forces." (Read more)
- Abba Father, we stand in the gap before You to ask that You will rise up defending Your land and people, showing this man, Hamas official Mahmoud Zahar, that Jerusalem is Your city and NOT his, and to shut down this 'silent intifada'. We pray this in the Name of Jesus and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "When the wicked spring up like grass, and when all the workers of iniquity flourish, it is that they may be destroyed forever." (Psalm 92:7 NKJV)
9. Anti-Israel Restaurant Receives Funding from Kerry's Wife - Israel National News
A food cart that hands out anti-Israel propaganda with each of its sandwiches has received funding from a foundation run by Secretary of State John Kerry's wife, The Washington Free Beacon reports.
Conflict Kitchen, a pop-up restaurant located at the intersection of Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, seeks to use food to educate locals and college students about countries that are allegedly in conflict with the United States. It recently began serving "Palestinian" food wrapped in leaflets that include quotes from Palestinian Arabs defending terrorism and opposing the existence of Israel.
The statements on the wrappers were taken from interviews with Palestinian Arabs, noted the Free Beacon. They are published without quotation marks and do not appear to be edited for accuracy. (Read more)
- Abba Father, it appears that a definite 'conflict of interest' is involved here. At a café located at the intersection of Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh the food cart is handing out anti-Israel propaganda with each of its sandwiches. This café has received funding from a foundation run by Secretary of State John Kerry's wife, while John Kerry is working to negotiate a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinian Arabs. We ask You, Father, to rise up and defend Your Name, Your land and Your people from the viciousness and duplicity of these actions, in Jesus' Name and under His Shed Blood, Amen and Amen.
- "But the Lord is with me as a mighty, awesome One. Therefore my persecutors will stumble, and will not prevail. They will be greatly ashamed, for they will not prosper. Their everlasting confusion will never be forgotten." (Jeremiah 20:11 NKJV)
Daily Conference Call for the Election
Urgent Prayer to Cover the Elections
Every night at 9:00 p.m. EDT from now through Election Day, Tuesday, November 4th
Dear Friends in the faith,
Please join us every night through Nov 4 at 9pm EST to pray that nothing would hinder people coming out to vote in the upcoming elections. Much is at stake, and if a time of unrest occurs it could very well result in martial law. No one has to explain what that could mean.
The call number is 1-857-232-0156, access 377054. Please sign on 15 minutes early so we can be ready to pray at 9pm.
Christ is all,
Jerry and Judy Ball
Breaker of Dawn Ministries
I Stand Sunday
About I Stand Sunday
"Houston, we have a problem"
"ADF attorneys say the city [of Houston] is illegitimately demanding that . . . pastors, who are not party to [a] lawsuit, turn over their constitutionally protected sermons and other communications simply so the city can see if the pastors have ever opposed or criticized the city. . . .
"The city's subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented," said ADF Litigation Counsel Christiana Holcomb. "The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions. Political and social commentary is not a crime; it is protected by the First Amendment." . . .
"The message is clear: oppose the decisions of city government, and drown in unwarranted, burdensome discovery requests," the [ADF] brief states. "These requests, if allowed, will have a chilling effect on future citizens who might consider circulating referendum petitions because they are dissatisfied with ordinances passed by the City Council. Not only will the Nonparty Pastors be harmed if these discovery requests are allowed, but the People will suffer as well. The referendum process will become toxic and the People will be deprived of an important check on city government provided them by the Charter." (Source: Alliance Defense Fund)
The Family Research Council invites all of us to stand with the five pastors in Houston, who are drawing a LINE IN THE SAND, defending their First Amendment rights to freedom of speech. FRC will sponsor a free, live webcast in Houston, which may be seen on Sunday night, November 2nd, in your home or church. To learn more about this event, please go here.
Join Christians across America for I Stand Sunday on November 2, 2014. Watch the free, live 90-minute simulcast from Grace Church (14505 Gulf Freeway Houston, TX 77034) Doors open at 5:00pm, and worship begins at 6:00 p.m. Stay tuned here for more updates.
Calling Pastors and Intercessors! Tony Perkins is asking pastors to join us in Houston and for believers everywhere, to pray!
1. Urge your pastor to come if he can and your church to show I Stand Sunday live.
2. Pray - every day now through the event. We must humble ourselves, repent and seek God for America's pastors and churches.
3. Fast - Friday, this week and next, or as God leads you, please fast (Mt 17:21).
4. Come to Houston - Come to support the pastors. If you are an intercessor, join me and the I Stand Sunday prayer team to support the pastors and the event.
Lord, we pray now through I Stand Sunday. Assemble Your prayer team: on-site and across the land! May Your answers to prayer preempt every problem; invoke Your presence; and multiply the spiritual impact across our land. May what You are doing in Houston be used to awaken your Church and America! May the prayers of your people at I Stand Sunday be used to turn our nation!
"May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night, this place of which you said you would put your Name there. May you hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place." (2 Chronicles 6:20)
The Daily Jot
Remember your prophetic place
Monday, October 27, 2014
There are a lot of bad things going on in the world--Ebola, the Islamic State, the lack of jobs, politicians saying that businesses don't create jobs, the unconstitutional IRS confiscating money without due process, government spying, voting machines registering votes for only one party--it all seems overwhelming. The next problem is bigger than the one before, and they seem to be jumping out of the problem creation machine (of which the current White House is the main operator) faster than we can mentally process them. There are those who predict the end of America. Others say judgment has come. Still others are oblivious to anything but their daily schedule. But they all feel the frustration. Remember your place.
If you are a follower of Christ, the Messiah, then you know his promise. The entire Bible is given to us as the word of God, as is Jesus Christ. In Christ is our salvation and in the Bible is instruction on how we are to work out our salvation here on earth. Jesus said in Matthew 10:28, "And fear not them who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." The promise of eternal life, knowing the end game so to speak, should give us all the confidence to speak boldly as we ought to speak and having done all, to stand. Jesus said in Matthew 24:6 that ...see that you are not troubled, for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."
Isaiah 54:17 says, "No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, says the LORD." Likewise, Isaiah 33:14-16 says, "The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness has surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? He that walks righteously, and speaks uprightly; he that despises the gain of oppressions, that keeps his hands from the holding of bribes, that stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed, and shuts his eyes from seeing evil; He shall dwell on high: his place of defense shall be the fortresses of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure."
As the LORD says, your heritage--your prophetic place--is in his righteousness and it is you who shall have a place of defense in the fortress of rocks, dwelling on high with bread and water. Do not be overwhelmed by the things of this world. As Paul said in Romans 12:21, "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Let's not sit around wringing our hands over the unrighteous, but rather seize our place in the righteousness of the LORD. You don't have to be enslaved by oppression--it has no authority over you. So stand in that gap. Be that royal priesthood. Obey God rather than man for the night is far spent and the day is at hand. Cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light and let your light so shine.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Update: 27 Hours of Prayer
Update: 27 Hours of Prayer
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TREMENDOUS RESPONSE!
Dear Prayer Partners,
Praise be to God, from Whom all blessings flow!
Since we posted A Special Announcement last night, we have been OVERWHELMED by your positive responses!
THANK YOU, EVERYONE!!
Now that we know there will be HUNDREDS of you lining up to participate in this Bible Read-a-thon, we will shift our structure just a bit, as follows:
At the beginning of each hour, we will say: "This hour is dedicated to the State of (Arizona)."
Next, we will ask if we have any readers on hand who live in that state and, if so, you will be called upon to read, in the order in which we receive your names.
Then, the next hour, we will say: "This hour is dedicated to the State of (Alaska)", repeating the same format as above.
As we "roll through" these 27 hours together, we will follow this format each hour, welcoming ALL who are on the call to read along in your homes, as well.
Finally, we inadvertently left several states off our roll call! Please see below the revised schedule of states. Thank you.
For more information about this Bible Read-a-thon, please go here.
Conference Call Number: 27 Hours of Prayer
Conference Call Number: 27 Hours of Prayer
OPERATION LOVE THE LAND
27 Hours of Prayer for the Nation . . . Bathed in the Word of God
In the beginning:
was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God. (John 1:1)
Access Code: 596015#
Beginning at 12:00 a.m. EDT on Friday, October 31st and continuing through 3:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday morning, November 1st.
(Revised) Roll Call of the States
(Revised) Roll Call of the States
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death." (Rev. 12:11)
Listed below you will find the hour-by-hour roll call of the states which are to be named and blessed each hour. If possible, we encourage you to call in when your own state is being prayed over by the reading of the Word, and of course to join us at any other time during this 27-hour marathon.
All times are given in Eastern Daylight Time.
Friday, October 31st:
12:00 a.m.(midnight) - 1:00 a.m. -- Alabama; Alaska
1:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. -- Arizona; Arkansas
2:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m. - California; Colorado
3:00 a.m. - 4:00 a.m. --Connecticut; Delaware
4:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. -- Florida; Georgia
5:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. -- Hawaii; Idaho
6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. -- Illinois; Indiana; Iowa
7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. -- Kentucky; Kansas
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. -- Louisiana; Maine
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. -- Maryland; Massachusetts
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. -- Michigan; Mississippi; Minnesota
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon) -- Missouri; Montana
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. -- New Hampshire; New Jersey
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. -- New Mexico; New York; Nevada
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. -- North Carolina; North Dakota; Nebraska
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. -- Ohio; Oklahoma
5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. -- Oregon; Pennsylvania
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. -- Rhode Island; South Carolina
7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. -- South Dakota; Tennessee
8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. -- Texas; Utah
9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. -- Virginia; Washington
10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. -- Wisconsin; West Virginia
11:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. -- Wyoming; California*
[*Note: some states will be listed twice]
Saturday, November 1st
[We are continuing this watch through 3:00 a.m. EDT/ midnight PDT so that all "trick or treaters" are covered.]
12:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. --Arizona; Oregon
1:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. -- Alaska; Hawaii
2:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m. -- District of Christ/Washington, D.C.
As each person finishes reading his or her chapter of the New Testament, the leader will ask for the next volunteer to "step forward." When you do so, please give us your first name (only) and the state you are calling in from. ALL MAY CALL AT ANY TIME, NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE IN THE NATION. WELCOME!!!!!
Our Weekly Bible Study
Our Weekly Bible Study:
Written by Susan L. Turner
Week of Sunday, October 26 - Saturday, November 1
> > > To read the "One Year Bible" weekly letter, go here.
> > > To read the Shabbat Torah readings, go here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today!
"In Your Arms"
Oslo Gospel Choir
"...through the storm, through the night...hold me close, safely rest in Your arms...."