Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you." (Isaiah 43:2)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at email@example.com, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Russia demands Iran be included as talks heat up over Syria conference - Times of Israel
The UN's top Syria envoy, Lakhdar Brahimi, headed into meetings with senior Russian and US officials Tuesday to see if a UN-sponsored peace conference bringing together Syrian President Bashar Assad's government and a united opposition delegation could be convened later this month in Geneva.
- Please pray in the Spirit over this report. If this proposed meeting would yield a blessing for Israel, then may it prosper. If not, may it be dismantled by the Mighty Hand of God. In His Name, amen.
- "Behold, the Lord, the Lord of hosts, shall cut down the bough with terror: and the high ones of stature shall be hewn down, and the haughty shall be humbled." (Isaiah 10:33)
2. U.S. officials skeptical of Syria's weapons compliance - Washington Examiner
The same day the White House touted Syria's agreement to destroy its chemical weapons as a major accomplishment of President Obama's second term, the envoy to the United Nations suggested Syria may be not be fully cooperating by keeping some chemical weapons supplies secret.
- Father, in Your Name and under the Blood of Jesus, we bind the spirit of the deceiver off this agreement. Lord God, reveal the truth. In the Name of Jesus, amen.
- "Therefore pride surrounds them about as a chain; violence covers them as a garment. They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily." (Psalm 73:6, 8)
3. Obama administration pushes back over canceled health plans - Reuters
The Obama administration, under pressure over the botched opening of its healthcare website, announced new efforts on Tuesday to appease hundreds of thousands of people whose coverage is being canceled as insurers prepare for reforms in 2014.
- Lord God, the health plans that man conjures up will fail and only the one that You approve will be put in place. We ask that all the good insurance plans that have worked through the years will not be cancelled but will stay intact by the strength of Your intervention. In Jesus' Name we ask this prayer, amen.
- "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." (Psalm 57:22)
4. Anxious Democrats press Obama to fix healthcare rollout ASAP - The Hill
More than a dozen anxious Senate Democrats met with President Obama at the White House Wednesday to review the administration's progress in fixing technical problems hobbling the rollout of the Affordable Care Act. Senators told Obama point blank his administration needs to fix glitches that have left many of their constituents fuming and could threaten their majority in the 2014 midterm election. (Read more)
- Once again, we thank our Lord that this wicked plan, in His Hand, shall turn into sawdust and be no more. Ask Him to move upon the hearts of all who now oppose Obamacare in Congress -- no matter which party they belong to -- to work to demolish this legislation and, over time, perhaps raise up another plan to help all our people receive the health care they need. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "Oh, let the evil of the wicked come to an end, and may you establish the righteous- you who test the minds and hearts, O righteous God!" (Psalm 7:9)
5. Obamacare Scare? Sebelius: "Possible Felons Hired as Navigators" - Fox News
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius admitted Wednesday that it was possible convicted felons could be hired as ObamaCare 'navigators,' giving them access to personal information like Social Security numbers and addresses of anyone signing up for the program. (Read more)
- This is unbelievable. Pray, pray, pray . . . only prayer can stop this trainwreck now!
- "The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)
6. McAuliffe narrowly defeats Cuccinelli in Virginia,
ObamaCare troubles loom over vote - Fox News
Democrat Terry McAuliffe won the Virginia governor's race on Tuesday, in a surprisingly close victory over Republican rival Ken Cuccinelli -- who was heavily outspent and trailed in the polls for much of the race. "Despite being outspent by an unprecedented $15 million, this race came down to the wire because of ObamaCare," Cuccinelli said in his concession speech. "That message will go out to the entire country tonight." (Read more)
- Pray that the administration will "get the message" and work quickly to drop Obamacare before the campaigns begin to fill all the seats in Congress, and one-third of the Senate, next year.
- "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice." (Proverbs 12:15)
7. General blames 'Night Stalker' for military purge - WND
Who, or what, is behind the "purge" of top-level U.S. military officers during the Obama administration, with estimates of the number of senior officers fired during the last five years edging toward 200? According to Retired Army Maj. Gen. Paul E. Vallely, formerly the deputy commanding general of the Pacific Command, who has served as a Fox News senior military analyst, a good part of the blame belongs to Obama's close adviser, Valerie Jarrett. Rampant "political correctness" due to her influence, Vallely tells WND, is now permeating the military and negatively affecting everyone from top generals to the ranks of the enlisted. (Read more)
- It is a well-known fact that Valerie Jarrett is Iranian, and that she serves on the White House staff at the pleasure of the president. It is a little-known fact that Ms. Jarrett works out of an office on the second floor of the West Wing . . . almost unheard of in White House history. What is she up to, and what is her true agenda? Pray that all her works and her schemes will continue to be exposed, so that, ultimately, her position will be terminated. Pray.
- "For nothing is hidden, except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light." (Mark 4:22)
8. Pentagon, State Department silent on threatening reports outlining Chinese plans for nuclear attacks on U.S. cities - Washington Free Beacon
The Obama administration declined to comment on Sunday on provocative state-run Chinese media reports outlining Beijing's nuclear war plans, including land-based and submarine-launched missile strikes on U.S. cities that would kill up to 12 million people.
State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf and Pentagon spokeswoman Cynthia Smith would not respond when asked about the highly unusual Chinese reports published Oct. 28 in numerous major Communist Party-controlled television and newspaper outlets. (Read more)
- Hidden things revealed . . . secret things made known . . . works of evil exposed from darkness to light. Pray this through, please, and thank our Lord that He is a merciful God. Amen.
- [If we stand in repentance] "For the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hand." (I Samuel 17:47)
9. The 'toxic monster' is coming! Texas-sized floating island containing one million tonnes of junk from Japan - UK Independent
An enormous floating island of debris from Japan's 2011 tsunami is drifting towards the coast of America, bringing with it over one million tonnes of junk that would cover an area the size of Texas.
- Mighty God, we lift up our voice to You in heaven and ask that You dissolve this floating island of debris. By a miraculous sign, turn everything it is made of to a substance that will sink like sand and have no injurious effect on the ocean or on the creatures of the sea. In Jesus' Name we ask this prayer, amen.
- "Therefore as the fire devours the stubble, and the flame consumes the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust."
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25b)
1. Israel, Palestinians grim on peace talks before Kerry visit - Reuters
Israeli and Palestinian officials said on Tuesday the three-month-old peace talks pressed on them by Washington are going nowhere, painting a grim picture for a visit this week by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.
2. Obama paying 'lip service' on Iran strike option, says top MK - Times of Israel
US leaders, up to and including President Barack Obama, are merely "paying lip service" when they talk of the military option against Iran, said Tzachi Hanegbi, a leading Likud Knesset member who is one of Prime Minister Benjamin Nentayahu's closest confidants.
3. Israeli negotiators reportedly at odds over Jerusalem - Times of Israel
Israel's negotiating team in peace talks with the Palestinians is reportedly facing an internal disagreement on the issue of Jerusalem, with chief negotiator MK Tzipi Livni demonstrating a more flexible approach than that of lawyer Yitzhak Molcho, the special envoy appointed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)
Chinese Underground Church Leader Dies After 16 Years in Hiding - UCA News
Retired Bishop Peter Liu Guandong of Yixian, former acting president of the "underground" Church community's bishops' conference, died on October 28 at the age of 94.
The Vatican-approved bishop, who escaped house arrest and lived in hiding for the last 16 years of his life, was buried in secret the following day by priests and laypeople, according to Church sources in Yixian, Hebei province.
An underground priest, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told ucanews.com that Bishop Liu was "a key figure" in the establishment of the bishops' conference in 1989, which "contributed to the continual existence in China of a Church that is loyal to the Holy See."
Born in 1919, Bishop Liu entered the seminary in 1935 and was ordained a priest in 1945.
In 1955, he was arrested and imprisoned for two years for opposing the independent Church movement.
In 1958, he was arrested again and received a life sentence for opposing the Chinese Catholic Patriotic Association, a government-sanctioned body that promotes an independent Church. When he was eventually released in 1981, he began to evangelize across China.
Liu was consecrated coadjutor bishop of Yixian in 1982 and became the ordinary four years later.
After suffering a stroke in 1994, he resigned from all his posts, but was placed under house arrest in Weigezhuang, his hometown.
In 1997, when he was unable to take care of himself, several priests managed to sneak him past his guards and rescue him from house arrest. He spent his remaining years in hiding, the sources said.
His successor Bishop Cosmas Shi Enxiang was detained by the authorities in 2001. He has not been seen since.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Pragmatic politics or moral bankruptcy
When I say morally bankrupt, I am talking in terms of the Bible. Those who would accept homosexuality and abortion as moral rights in society rather than abominations; those who covet your money to the point of excessive taxation; those who believe government is the answer to the ills of society. So the media has termed all this as "pragmatic." I may term it moral bankruptcy. This is the harsh reality. The government, especially when it protects sexual predators and moral depravity as a special class, and especially when it encourages with its programs the killing of babies in their mother's wombs, is not the savior of society. All in all, it never was and never will be. There is only one Jesus Christ.
As Christians, it is likely that we will continue to be marginalized, mocked as ignorant, and vilified as a people group, while the sexually deviant and morally degenerate will be celebrated by society. In my humble opinion, this will continue until we find that preachers and teachers are actually communicating the truth of the Bible rather than their man-made interpretations. Until we see true grit from the pulpit that is based on the context of the Bible, not cherry picking verses to support their own agendas or the agendas of the godless in the name of God, this nation will further spiral into the moral and financial abyss. Soul and spirit, government and religion cannot be separated in the sense of who people are.
Some verses that apply: Psalm 33:12, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance." Exodus 18:21, "Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens." Joshua 24:15 says, "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Matthew 24:14, "Take heed that no man deceives you."
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Special Report from Israel
A Special Report from Israel
To read this special prayer alert from a friend in Israel, please go here.
Senate's added ENDA Amendment Leaves Religious Non-Profits
and Businesses Unprotected
November 06, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Family Research Council (FRC) dismissed as insufficient an amendment sponsored by Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) and adopted today by the U.S. Senate that is purported to protect religious freedoms under the "Employment Non-Discrimination Act" (ENDA), a bill that creates a special status for "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" in the workplace.
David Christensen, FRC's vice president for Government Affairs, made the following comments:
"The amendment added to ENDA today does virtually nothing to expand the already extremely narrow 'religious exemption,' and will do nothing to protect non-profits and businesses that operate from a faith perspective. Senators may be looking for political cover from this amendment, but ENDA removes the ability of non-profits, para-church ministries, and individual business owners to make their own decisions about appropriate conduct in the workplace. People's religious freedom rights do not stop at their front door on their way to work, whether they are a business owner or employee. Senators concerned with religious freedom protections should oppose ENDA, as fundamentally bad public policy," concluded Christensen.
(Family Research Council)
Report: UN Disabilities Treaty Hearing
Report from Yesterday's Senate Hearing on the UN Disabilities Treaty
- Politics of Personal Destruction
Dear HSLDA Members and Friends,
Yesterday, I testified against the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) before the U.S. Senate's Foreign Relations Committee. During this hearing, it became clear that the Democrat senators on the committee weren't interested in hearing how this dangerous United Nations treaty could harm our freedoms. Instead, this hearing showed that the senators leading the charge to ratify this treaty have decided to take a page from the far left's playbook and will stop at nothing to vilify and destroy anyone who has concerns with the UNCRPD.
Dr. Susan Yoshihara from C-FAM and I were the only witnesses against the UNCRPD. There were five witnesses in support of the treaty, and one neutral witness who generally supported the treaty but thought more RUDs (written reservations) were needed. Two of the witnesses, Senator Mark Kirk (IL) and Kelly Ayotte (NH), are sitting senators.
. . . The Senate's Foreign Relations Committee will hold another hearing on the UNCRPD on Tuesday, November 12. We do not yet know when it will come up for a vote in the Committee, but it will likely be very soon. We will send out more information as soon as we have more details. Finally, even though Senator Boxer doesn't want you supporting the battle against the UNCRPD and for U.S. sovereignty, you can donate if you wish.
Standing with you for Liberty,
Michael P. Farris, JD, LLM
Mike Farris is founder and chairman of HSLDA and an expert on international law. To read this full report, go here.
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today
Oceans Will Part
Oceans will part nations come
At the whisper of Your call
Hope will rise glory shown
In my life Your will be done
Pray For The Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!