Watch Billy Graham's Message, "My Hope America," at 10:00 p.m. EST this Thursday, Nov. 7th.
For details, go here.
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief
Praying the Word of God . . .
in the Will of God . . .
over the Issues of the Day
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you." (Isaiah 43:2)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners welcomes all who wish to pray for our leaders to join us in prayer for our nation. You may sign up to receive our alerts by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that your name be added to our list of subscribers.
VISIT OUR BLOG!
CHPP's blog includes archives of past editions of all of our alerts, as well as features on praying for the government, Israel, and other key issues.
Come visit us by going here.
The Daily Brief
1. Politicians on both sides of the pew hope Supreme Court case has a prayer - Fox News
When the Supreme Court tomorrow takes up the issue of prayer before government meetings, both Republicans and Democrats will be looking to a higher power. On Wednesday, the Supreme Court will begin deciding the case of Town of Greece v. Galloway, a New York lawsuit that could resonate at all levels of government, from local city councils to state legislatures and even Congress.
According to the Miami Herald, the Obama administration has joined conservative state and federal lawmakers in urging the Supreme Court to allow politicians to say prayers during government meetings. (Read more)
- This case is so important, it requires prayer and action. Please be sure to join Shirley Dobson and the National Day of Prayer Task Force tomorrow as they host a one-hour conference call over this issue. You can reach them by calling: 712-432-0075; Access Code 4961322# at 1:00 p.m. EST.
- "Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power." (Psalm 110:3)
2. Supreme Court dismisses Oklahoma 'abortion pill' case - Washington Examiner
The Supreme Court on Monday said it won't rule on a case seeking limits on the abortion-inducing drug RU-486, leaving in place an Oklahoma court ruling that rejected a state law curbing the use of the so-called "abortion pill." The nation's high court . . . removed the case from its docket after the Oklalhoma court last week clarified its ruling, saying the law would not only limit drug-induced abortions but also effectively ban them altogether. The state court also noted off-label uses of drugs are standard medical practice. Oklahoma said its appeal was justified because at least eight women have died using the drug. More than 1.4 million women have taken the drugs to induce abortions. Anti-abortion groups said the law is vital to ensure death tolls caused by the drug don't increase. (Read more)
- Oh, Father, we are grieved by the fact that more babies will be lost and more women will be harmed physically and emotionally because of the availability of the "abortion pill." Lord, forgive those who are now rejoicing over this so-called victory and we pray that they will come to see that what is really happening here is a disrespect for God-given life in the womb. In the name of Jesus, we come against the lies about abortion that have come to be accepted as truth in our society and we loose a spirit of truth and love.
- "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth, for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." (John 16:13)
3. ENDA in the News
a) Handful of Senate Republicans help advance LGBT workers rights bill - Washington Examiner
The Senate late Monday advanced legislation that would make it illegal for employers to discriminate against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender workers, putting pressure on reluctant House Republicans to take it up.
b) White House pushes for gay rights bill - Washington Times
With the Senate set to advance a landmark gay rights bill, the White House on Monday urged Republican critics in the House -- led by Speaker John A. Boehner -- to support the measure or risk being on the wrong side of history.
- The Employment Non-Discrimination Act is not what it appears to be and is illegal in the High Court of law in Heaven. This bill promotes the same-sex agenda in all realms of our society . . . an agenda that is not in alignment with the will of God for our people. Ask our Lord to forgive those who are promoting ENDA; and to grant His divine wisdom to the legislators that must put an END to ENDA. In His Name, amen.
- "He created them male and female and blessed them." (Genesis 5:2)
4. Affordable Care Act Could Be Further Hamstrung By Shortage Of Doctors - CBS News/ New York City
A doctor shortage is threatening to make the roll-out of the Affordable Care Act even more difficult -- and it could create lines for care and services. Even doctors who support Obamacare say there could be delays due to more patients and fewer doctors, CBS 2's Dick Brennan reported Monday. (Read more)
- In the name of Jesus, we come against attempts to control life and death in this country by wicked men in authority. We pray that all who seek medical care will find the doctors they need when they need them and no rationing will occur, in spite of what the enemy has planned. Praise You, Father, for your good care of your servants.
- "Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies . . ." (Psalm 103:4)
5. Obama: "What We Said Was You Can Keep It If It Hasn't Changed Since The Law Passed" - Fox News
"Now, if you have or had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, what we said was you can keep it if it hasn't changed since the law passed." President Obama stated. . . The bottom line is that we are making the insurance market better for everybody and that's the right thing to do." (Read more)
- In the Name of Jesus, we bind up spirits of fear and confusion that are running rampant in our country concerning our health industry. We speak out that the elements that are producing this chaos will be disabled and that our free market system will prevail. We come against more fear and confusion caused by men who have said one thing and then twisted the meaning to fit their real agenda when it was safe for them to do so. Lord, we pray that wicked men will not be successful in using this ensuing chaos as cover to seize more control of our lives nationally.
- "Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle." (Psalm 109:29)
6. South African minister defends Iran, says there will be no more SA-Israel ministerial visits - i24News (Israel)
A day after calling for an end to sanctions against Iran and saying that Tehran respects human rights, South Africa's Foreign Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane said Friday that South African ministers are not visiting Israel out of [due to] solidarity with the Palestinians."Ministers of South Africa do not visit Israel currently. Even the Jewish Board of Deputies that we engage with here, they know why our ministers are not going to Israel," South Africa's The Times quoted the minister as saying. (Read more)
- This anti-semitic national policy can only bode ill for the nation of South Africa. Stand in the gap for that precious country; its current leadership does not know what it does. Judgment from the very Hand of God will be swift and sure, if they do not repent and retract this policy. In His Name, amen.
- "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Gen. 12:3)
7. Lieberman urges S. Africa's Jews to immigrate before it's too late - i24News (Israel)
Former Israeli foreign minister says 'pogrom' against Jews is just a matter of time
A senior Israeli politician on Sunday urged South Africa's Jews to leave their homes and immigrate to Israel in the wake of critical comments against Israel by the interior minister there.The South African government is creating an ant-Israeli and anti-Semitic atmosphere, which means that a pogrom against the country's Jews is just a matter of time," former foreign minister and Yisrael Beiteinu party leader Avigdor Lieberman wrote on his Facebook page. "I call on all the Jews still living there to immigrate to Israel without delay, before it's too late." (Read more)
- May the Jews who now live in South Africa take heed to the wise warning of Israel's former foreign minister. In the days of Hitler, those Jews who escaped the total takeover of Germany by this madman, lived to see another day. We pray this grace upon the Jews of South Africa tonight. In Jesus' Name, amen.
- "'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land." (Ezekiel 36:24)
8. URGENT! U.S. Pastor Imprisoned in Iran Moved to Facility for Violent Criminals - Washington Free Beacon
"Rajai Shahr is the place where political prisoners who are seen as a nuisance, are stowed away," Bijnen said. "Going to Karaj is a severe punishment. Once in there one stops to be a human being. One is put out of sight, even of human rights activists and the press. In Rajaï Shahr, political prisoners have to share cells with dangerous criminals like murderers, rapists and drug addicts who don't hesitate to attack their cell mates. They have nothing to lose: many of them are condemned to death anyway. Murders or unexplained deaths are a regular occurrence." (Read more)
- Oh, God . . . we cry out for the life of this dear brother in the Lord! Almighty God, please strengthen him in this place of bondage, and please do a miracle for him that will astound his enemies! Lord God, You do not change, so we ask You to physically enter into this prison cell and free Pastor Saeed, just as you did Paul and Silas in their day. We ask for a miracle of deliverance, O God, in Your Name, amen!
- "About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone's chains came loose. . . The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" (Acts 16:25,26,29,30)
10. Russia Nuke Attack Drill As China Selects U.S. Targets - Investors.com
Moscow launches four ICBMs in a large-scale nuclear drill as Chinese state media, brandishing detailed maps, show how Beijing's nuclear submarines can attack U.S. cities. We press "reset," they press "launch." So while Russia expands and tests its offensive and defensive missile capabilities, President Obama lets our missile capabilities wither and caves to Russian demands to halt previously planned expansion. (Read more)
- Pray that our people will repent from having turned away from our Lord, while there is yet time. The enemy now seems to be at the door; this is clearly the set time to come home to our Lord. Amen.
- ""Come now, let us settle the matter," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land; but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword." For the mouth of the Lord has spoken. (Isaiah 1:18-20)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25b)
1. America will intervene with own peace plan by January if talks fail - Israel Hayom
After meeting with senior Palestinian and American officials, Meretz Chairwoman MK Zehava Gal-On released a statement Monday saying that the Americans are "moving from a coordination phase between the two sides to an intervention phase."
2. Justice Ministry pushes law recognizing same-sex civil unions - Israel Hayom
The Justice Ministry, at Justice Minister Tzipi Livni's request, renewed calls on Sunday for a law that would grant legal rights to couples, including same-sex partners, married in civil unions outside the rabbinical institution. A copy of the initiative was distributed by the ministry among lawmakers.
3. Meretz chief: Obama wants major Israeli-Palestinian breakthrough in 2014 - Jerusalem Post
The head of the left-wing Meretz party, Zahava Gal-On, said Monday that the Obama administration is determined to achieve a major diplomatic breakthrough next year in the negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians, including arrangements for a final status agreement.
4. Analysis: US-Iran nuclear deal unlikely to meet Israel's minimum demands - Jerusalem Post
As is usual for Iranian diplomacy, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei came out with contradictory remarks on Sunday.
5. Israel "to build security barrier between West Bank and Jordan" - UK Telegraph
Benjamin Netanyahu is planning to build a security barrier between the West Bank and Jordan in a move aimed at asserting Israel's control over the borders of a future Palestinian state.
6. US 'Will Force' Israel-PA Deal - Arutz Sheva
The United States intends to try and force a peace agreement on Israel and the Palestinian Authority (PA), IDF Radio reported Monday.
7. White House Dividing Pro-Israel Leaders on Nuclear Iran - Washington Free Beacon
Pro-Israel leaders on Monday expressed alarm over what they characterized as the Obama administration's efforts to sow division among Jewish leaders in order to advance a policy that they say would permit Iran to cross the nuclear threshold.
The Persecuted Church
Today's Focus: The Persecuted Church
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)
Christian Woman Narrowly Avoids Blasphemy Accusation in Pakistan - Asia News
Faisalabad ( AsiaNews) - The active collaboration between Muslim religious leaders and Pakistani Christian activists has allowed, once again, the peaceful resolution of an alleged case of blasphemy against a poor woman ( and innocent ), belonging to a religious minority. The incident occurred in recent days in Faisalabad, Punjab , the province with the largest Christian community. The case has many similarities with that of Philip Masih and his family as recounted by AsiaNews, who was indicted for no reason and escaped trial thanks to the seminal contribution of Muslim leaders and police forces. The peaceful resolution of the story has prevented an escalation of tension, which often has exploded into attacks against entire communities (Gojra, in 2009). The names of the protagonists have been changed for security reasons.
Asia Masih, 50, last week moved into a rented house in Chamanzar Colony, Faisalabad. On the second day, Oct. 29, after cleaning the apartment she burned some remains in the garden. Two Muslim students, observing the scene, saw a few pages written in Arabic among the remains on fire and immediately thought they were pages of the Koran. A few minutes later they knocked on her door, accused her of having committed the crime of blasphemy which in Pakistan is punished with life imprisonment or the death penalty.
Terrified by this serious accusation, Asia fled with her family and is hidden in a secret and safe place, where she is still - for fear of retaliation - even if the story has had a positive outcome.
The intervention of a Christian activist (identified with the initials RD ) and the collaboration of a Muslim religious leader were fundamental to the peaceful resolution of the case. The first, a member of the Human Rights Defender Network, collected evidence of the innocence of the woman. In a second step he approached the Islamic leader, belonging to the Peace Committee of the city, which has offered its cooperation to analyze the facts and exonerate the Christian family of the charges, proving its innocence in front of the entire city.
The Islamic expert's statement was key, according to whom the burned pages "are not from the Koran, but a school book in Arabic," and he has also called on Muslims to "properly evaluate the facts," before launching heavy accusations because they end up only "fomenting hatred and division".
Speaking to AsiaNews, Iftikhar Ahmed , coordinator of the NGO South Asia Partnership -Pakistan appreciates those who " settle such delicate issues using wisdom." He adds that religious leaders "need to promote peace and harmony in their speeches, in order to create a more prosperous society". This is echoed by the Christian activist Naseem Anthony who calls for constitutional reforms and amendments to the laws, together with a culture that promotes tolerance towards other religions and faiths.
For more news about the Persecuted Church, and how you can be more involved in intercession for these precious saints, go here.
The Daily Jot
Prophetic Antichrist Beast coup: military, healthcare, religion
For those misguided souls out there who think there is no reason for Christians to get involved in politics or government, they had better watch out. There is a religion that does think it necessary and it is not one of love and mercy. WorldNetDaily reports that there have been close to 200 senior military officers relieved of duty under the occupant of the Oval Office's five years in the White House. This amounts to what WND sources say is a "purge" by the president in what appears on the surface to be a social experiment in diversity gone awry. One only has to look across from the Pentagon to the Department of Homeland Security to connect the dots on a far worse scenario with deadly possibilities.
Included in that diversity experiment is the open promotion of homosexuality in the military coupled with political correctness. Former high ranking officers openly say that if senior officers disagree politically with the president, they may well be investigated for disloyalty or other trumped up accusations. For example, WND reports that Rear Admiral Charles Gaouette, who commanded the Carrier Strike Group, contends that aircraft could have been sent to Benghazi in time to help the Americans under fire. He was relieved of duty for alleged profanity and making "racially insensitive comments." Herein is the sinister link between the Pentagon and Homeland Security.
Mohamed Elibiary, member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council, tweeted on October 30, "I do consider the United States of America an Islamic country with an Islamically compliant constitution." Elibiary, the Daily Caller reports, is "an old friend" of one of the Islamists convicted in the 2008 Holy Land Foundation trial of laundering money to Hamas. Elibiary still maintains Shurkri Abu Baker is innocent. In addition, the Director of the Texas Department of Public Safety confirms that Elibiary was given access to and downloaded files from the Homeland Security State and Local Intelligence Community of Interest. He also spoke at a tribute to Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini in 2004. But this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Terrorist expert Steven Emerson reports that no less than six Muslim Brotherhood operatives hold high advisory positions in the Administration, particularly with Homeland Security. Egypt's Rose El-Youssef magazine reported on December 22, 2012 that these men turned the White House "from a position hostile to Islamic groups and organizations in the world to the largest and most important supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood." The Muslim Brotherhood's stated goal is civilization jihad in the United States to destroy its "miserable house" from within. Emerson documents that White House logs show that dozens of radical Islamists have made hundreds of visits to meet with senior White House officials since 2009.
While Christian pastors are preaching "stay out of politics" messages from the pulpit, the antichrist religion has strategically assumed roles at Homeland Security and is seeing that top military commanders are being fired. Guess what? The Affordable Healthcare Act requires that all enrollees information pass through Homeland Security. Imagine what that means when radical Islam has access to the health records of Christians and Jews in America--your records. 2 John 7 says, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus the Messiah is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." Islam does not believe Jesus Christ is Messiah, and it is ruthless in prosecuting this belief. Ever think about how the Beast government could overtake America? It is happening before our very eyes.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Carney Cracks Up
Carney Cracks Up
Here's another sign of tension inside Obama's White House. During yesterday's White House press briefing, ABC reporter Jonathan Karl asked White House Press Secretary Jay Carney about another Obamacare lie -- that there are other ways to sign up for Obamacare beyond the website.
The Obamacare hotline and the personal navigators must also use Healthcare.gov, so none of the other ways to enroll work either. The White House had memos acknowledging that "at the end of the day, [all applications] are all stuck in the same queue."
Carney gave it his best spin, but Karl pressed on. In response, Carney wagged his finger at Karl and openly mocked him. It was shockingly unprofessional display from a man who is the public face of the president.
Perhaps the stress of defending Obamacare and spinning his boss' lies for more than a month is taking its toll on Jay Carney. You know things are not going well in liberal land when the White House starts attacking part of the Democrat coalition known as Big Media. (Gary Bauer)
The Good News Corner
Man who walked across U.S. saw revival signs
"I think Billy Graham is right. Not only is America ripe for another Great Awakening, but I'm not so sure it's not happening right now." These are just a few of the inspirational stories and extraordinary measures hundreds of thousands of people in America are taking to spread the word about the message America's best-known preacher will give in early November as part of the My Hope America with Billy Graham evangelistic outreach. (World Net Daily) Read more.
Billy Graham's Message Airing on Fox News!
Billy Graham's new message, filmed from his home in North Carolina, will air nationwide on Nov. 7 on Fox News (10 p.m. ET, 7 p.m. PT). The My Hope America with Billy Graham program will also air Nov. 7-10 on TBN and other cable outlets, as well as in all 50 states in this unprecedented Gospel outreach event. "Our country is in great need of a spiritual awakening."
"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)
Worship With Us Today!
Worship With Us Today
"In Your Presence"
by Paul Wilbur
In your presence
That's where I am strong
In Your presence
O Lord my God
In Your presence
That's where I belong
Seeking Your face
Touching Your grace
In the cleft of the Rock
In Your presence O God.
Pray for the Harvest!
Pray for the Harvest!
"Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (John 4:35)
Every day, in every nation on earth, tens of thousands of men and women are making decisions for Christ. Now, you can monitor this amazing fact online by literally "watching" as these souls are born again into the Kingdom.
Of course, the identities of those who are coming to the Lord are never revealed, but our God knows who they are! Join us as we monitor these "names" daily, praying over each one to be mentored and to grow in his or her faith . . . even in these perilous times. You may visit either or both of the sites below, to pray for fields that are ripe for harvest.
> > > OPTION ONE: AboutJesus.net
> > > OPTION TWO: The Great Commission Map!