Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Tuesday, November 27, 2012
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
The Daily Brief
1. Was Yasir Poisoned? Arafat's Body Exhumed- USA Today
Medical experts from three different countries exhumed the body of Palestinian leader Yasir Arafat in the West Bank town of Ramallah this morning to determine if his death eight years ago was caused by poisoning.
The significance of the investigation is potentially huge. Arafat was the founding father of the Palestinian liberation movement and a national icon. Proof that he was poisoned-ostensibly by Israel-could doom any chance of reconciliation between the two sides well into the future, or trigger another Palestinian uprising in the West Bank.
- Lord, we pray the Palestinians and the Israel people would come to realize the only reconciliation is through Jesus. We do pray for the protection of Israel through any findings, and that the findings be accurate. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. (2 Corinthians 5:18-19)
2. Some in Britain say EU is bringing a new 'Marxist revolution -Los Angeles Times
Looking at Europe from this side of the English Channel, Peter Reeve doesn't see a "cuddly" continent of biscotti, Burgundy and BMWs. He sees the evil specter of Soviet Russia. Only this time, it's Brussels, not Moscow, at the center of an expanding, metastasizing super-government bent on turning independent nations like France and Germany into vassal states. Instead of the Soviet Union, it's the European Union that scares him.
- Lord, we thank you that Peter Reeve's sees what is happening in Europe. May other eyes be opened as well, to see the advancing of the last days and the coming of the Lord. May Your will be done in the EU. We pray for many to be saved in the EU. We know the increased union of nations is moving toward the final days in the book of Revelation. Holy Spirit, guide our prayers during these times. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations in battle against Jerusalem. (Zechariah 14:1-2)
3. Russian military to conduct surveillance flight over US - Press TV
Russian Defense Ministry has announced that the country's military inspectors will begin a survey flight this week above the United States under the international Treaty on Open Skies. The experts will conduct the flight over the US territory in a Tupolev Tu-154 M/LK-1 aircraft between November 25 and December 3, RIA Novosti news agency reported.
- Lord, hide us under the shadow of Your wings, and protect us from these survey flights from Russia. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
- Hide me under the shadow of Your wings, from the wicked who oppress me, from my deadly enemies who surround me. (Psalm 17:8)
4. Canada: Palestinians must drop U.N. bid - UPI.com
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has threatened "there will be consequences" if Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas does not end his campaign for the P.A. to be recognized by the United Nations General Assembly as a non-member observer state, the newspaper reported Monday. Abbas plans to present his request to the General Assembly Thursday. Last year, the U.N. Security Council turned down the same request.
- Lord, we thank you for the Canadian Prime Minster and his stand. We pray that the UN Security Council will again turn down the request. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth. (Ephesians 6:14)
5. Palm scanners get thumbs up in schools, hospitals - USA Today
At schools in Pinellas County, Fla., students aren't paying for lunch with cash or a card, but with a wave of their hand over a palm scanner. "It's so quick that a child could be standing in line, call mom and say, 'I forgot my lunch money today.' She's by her computer, runs her card, and by the time the child is at the front of the line, it's already recorded," says Art Dunham, director of food services for Pinellas County Schools.
- Lord, help us save the children. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- Let the little children come to Me and do not forbid them; for of such is the the kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 19:14)
6. Black Friday: Treasury Borrowed $211.69 Per U.S. Household on Day After Thanksgiving - CNS News
The U.S. Treasury increased the net debt of the United States $24,327,048,384.38 on the day after Thanksgiving, which equals approximately $211.69 for each of the nation's 114,916,000 households.
- Lord, we pray the United States would use our money wisely. We pray the roots of evil be uprooted. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (1 Timothy 6:10)
7. Rice Meeting Has GOP Lawmakers 'More Disturbed Now Than Before' - Fox News
Republican Senators John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Kelly Ayotte say their meeting this morning with UN Ambassador Susan Rice has left them with more unanswered questions about her comments after the deadly September 11 attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Read more.
- Lord, we thank You for John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Kelly Ayotte and their concerns and investigations. We pray they will have the courage to continue to stand for what is right. We pray for a Secretary of State who will be able to make righteous decisions. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.
- "For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law." (Romans 10:5)
8. ALERT!! Senate to Vote on UN Disabilities Treaty on Wednesday: Calls Needed Immediately!!! - HSLDA
Dear HSLDA Members and Friends, Yesterday afternoon, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (NV) announced that the Senate will vote to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) treaty on Wednesday. We need you to call your two senators immediately, and urge them to oppose the CRPD. THIS TREATY COULD PUT THE GOVERNMENT IN CHARGE OF YOUR CHILD! Read more on our special article, below; or go here.
- The members of the United Nations keep forgetting that their task is to serve the nations of the world -- not to govern them. Instead, those with authority inside that vast building seem bent on forcing the nations to yield to the unfolding agenda of the New World Order. For the sake of our children, come against this wicked proposal with the full force of the strength of Messiah in you. Greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world! STAND AGAINST THIS U.N. TREATY -- DO IT NOW! (And always forgive our enemies . . .. they know not what they do!)
- "It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin." (Luke 17:2)
- ""You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; And light will shine on your ways." (Job 22:28)
9a. ALERT!! Days away from UN vote, Palestinians practically assured of victory - Times of Israel
The Palestinians said the UN General Assembly will vote Thursday afternoon on a resolution raising their status at the United Nations from an observer to a nonmember observer state, a move they believe is an important step toward a two-state solution with Israel.
9b. Hamas lends support to Abbas's UN statehood bid - Jerusalem Post
The Islamist group Hamas said on Monday it was backing Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas's attempt to win more clout for Palestinians at the United Nations, the latest sign of a rapprochement between the political rivals.
- In spite of the propaganda promoted by the agents in the media of the New World Order, God has another plan for the enemies of Israel, and His plan will stand. Agree with our Jehovah Jireh as He prepares to CUT OFF the enemies of the land of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob! YES, LORD!
- "Your hand will be lifted up against your adversaries, And all your enemies will be cut off." (Mcah 5:9) Please see also: verses 10 - 15.
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Your name give glory, for Your mercy, and for Your truth's sake. Why should the nations say, Where is their God? But our God is in the heavens. He has done whatever He has pleased." (Psalm 115:1-3)
1. 'Taking down Hamas is a necessity, not just for Israel, but for humanity,' says estranged son of ter - Times of Israel
Sounding more like the frustrated resident of a southern Israeli city after suffering days of sirens and rocket strikes than the son of one of Hamas's founders, Mosab Hassan Yousef told Israel's Channel 2 News on Friday that taking down his father's terror organization "is a necessity, not just for Israel, but for humanity."
2. Hezbollah says could hit all of Israel in future war - Reuters
Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah warned Israel on Sunday that thousands of rockets would rain down on Tel Aviv and cities across the Jewish state if it attacked Lebanon.
3. Ehud Barak announces his resignation from political life - Jerusalem Post
Defense Minister Ehud Barak announced his resignation from political life on Monday, saying his final decision was delayed by Operation Pillar of Defense and hinting at the possibility of being appointed to his post again after the January election.
The Daily Jot
Something drastically wrong with this picture
Picture this: Every man, woman and child who is an American citizen having to pay over $40,000 each to the federal government because of a debt caused by the federal government. Of course, non-citizens get a free pass, yet they are one of the major reasons for the debt. Other major reasons are wars that are not wars, but unconstitutional nation building efforts at the expense of taxpayers and the lives of their sons and daughters; major bail outs of political cronies and friends in the auto, housing and energy industries; and no list would be complete without mentioning big labor at the expense of both the worker and small business. In short, our government has become unbiblical in biblical proportions.
Now that the government has gotten us into a huge financial mess, the marketeers on Wall Street and the Republicans and the Democrats and the White House and all the unconstitutional government agencies expect you to pay the piper for their all night dance. One of the ways that you can expect to pay is eliminating tax deductions such as the mortgage interest tax deduction--something that encourages property ownership and stimulates the economy. Of course, eliminating the mortgage deduction is one way to gain revenue without raising taxes. The only people who will be pushed off the so-called "fiscal cliff" are American citizens, and their elected leaders will give the shove.
The Bible gives us good direction on how to choose government leaders and what to expect from their leadership. Exodus 18:21 says, "Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear YHVH, men of truth, hating covetousness." The 8th Commandment is "Thou shalt not steal." The 10th Commandment is "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's." What goes for each of us goes for government too. Problem is, we have a say in the government and our say is not heeded.
In Acts 5:29 when confronted by the Jewish government of the time for teaching in the name of Yeshua, "Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey YHVH rather than men." This is the problem of our nation. We are following men instead of YHVH. If we were following YHVH as a people, the government would reflect that. And IF the Pastors and Churches of this country were following YHVH instead of self indulgent, extra-biblical bad doctrines and teachings, this, too, would be reflected in our leadership. It starts at home with true godly accountability. It extends to holding others in authority accountable. That's how we change the picture of our nation.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
URGENT! U.N. TREATY MUST BE STOPPED!
An URGENT message from the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA)
Senate to Vote on UN Disabilities Treaty on Wednesday
Calls Needed Immediately!!
Dear HSLDA Members and Friends,
If the U.S. Senate were to ratify the CRPD, this would give the United Nations the power to influence and change domestic law and threaten parental rights and homeschool freedom.
Thirty-six senators have signed a letter stating that they "respectfully request that no treaties be brought to the Senate floor for advice and consent during the lame-duck session of the 112th Congress." These senators have promised in the letter that they "will oppose efforts to consider a treaty during this time."
Senator Reid has purposefully ignored this letter by promising to file cloture by Wednesday (if 60 senators vote to invoke cloture, a filibuster will be ended) and will make every attempt to proceed to the CRPD for ratification this week. Ratification of the CRPD will take a two-thirds vote of the Senate, or 67 senators to vote in favor of the CRPD if all 100 are present.
We need you to call both of your U.S. senators right now and ask them to oppose the CRPD. You can all the U.S. Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask to be connected to the two senators from your state. (You can find their names by going here.)
Please give them some or all of this message:
"I urge you to oppose the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. This treaty surrenders U.S. sovereignty to unelected UN bureaucrats and will threaten parental care of children with disabilities. Our nation already has laws to protect disabled Americans. This treaty is unnecessary and will hurt families. If the Senate ratifies this treaty, it would be the first time ever that the U.S. has ratified a treaty that obligates us to recognize economic, social, and cultural entitlements as rights under domestic law."
Then, please forward this email to your friends and family and urge them to call, as well. Please also post this information on social media to help get the word out to every parent and freedom-loving person in America.
For more information on the dangers of this treaty please visit our CRPD page.
Thank you for standing with us for freedom.
J. Michael Smith, Esq.
URGENT: UN VOTE ON PA STATEHOOD THIS WEEK
URGENT: UN VOTE ON PA STATEHOOD THIS WEEK
Vote Scheduled to Take Place on Thursday
Sovereignty of Israel is in Danger
ABBAS WARNS UN BID IS "LAST CHANCE FOR PEACE"
Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas claimed Saturday the entity's renewed bid for UN membership is the "last chance" for Arab peace with Israel. The PA is hoping to create an independent, sovereign state in Judea, Samaria, Gaza and parts of Jerusalem that were restored to the Jewish capital in the 1967 Six-Day War. Previous efforts to evade the necessity of final status talks with Israel through application for membership in the UN have been stymied by Western nation, led by the United States. As head of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), which represents the PA to the United Nations, Abbas plans to apply for status as a non-member state. Such a designation would create a de facto recognition of the PA as an independent, sovereign country. It would also successfully circumvent the final status negotiations with Israel mandated by the internationally-recognized 1993 Oslo Accords signed by both parties. The PA chairman said Saturday he would submit the PA request for the status on November 29. (Arutz-7)
- Pray against this deceptive, manipulative, and entirely illegal scheme on the part of the Palestinian Authority to achieve statehood, via the UN, while sidestepping negotiations with Israel.
- 9"Your hand will be lifted up against your adversaries,
And all your enemies will be cut off."
10"It will be in that day," declares the Lord,
"That I will cut off your horses from among you
And destroy your chariots.
11 "I will also cut off the cities of your land
And tear down all your fortifications.
12 "I will cut off sorceries from your hand,
And you will have fortune-tellers no more.
13 "I will cut off your carved images
And your sacred pillars from among you,
So that you will no longer bow down
To the work of your hands.
14 "I will root out your [h]Asherim from among you And destroy your cities.
15 "And I will execute vengeance in anger and wrath On the nations which have not obeyed." (Micah 5:9 - 15)
FBI May Investigate "Vote-Changing Machines"
Obama 'vote-changing' machines heading to FBI?
State lawmaker says she has concerns over election tampering
Remember all those reports of electronic voting machines mysteriously changing votes for Mitt Romney to votes for Barack Obama?
Well, the FBI is now being asked to get involved.
A state lawmaker in Maryland has asked the FBI to impound two voting machines used in the 2012 election to determine whether there was a malfunction or something nefarious going on.
"I just feel it is my duty to try to get to the bottom of this," state Delegate Kathryn Afzali told WND today. "We're not making any accusations. The Board of Elections are good people. They have checks and balances . . . but we want to make sure everything is fair."
She said a number of people contacted her after the Nov. 6 election to report that they pressed a touch-screen button for GOP candidate Mitt Romney, but the vote registered for Barack Obama.
WND has reported a number of first-hand accounts of similar anomalies during the election. One touch-screen technician reported that voters in another state were getting error messages on their touch-screens when they tried to vote for Romney.
Also, suspiciously, a number of precincts reported a 100-percent vote for Obama, and some even reported beyond 100 percent.
"My request [to the FBI] is . . . I want them to take these machines. Let an FBI computer expert analyze them," she said.
She said that among those who contacted her with concerns were two officials, including a state lawmaker who personally experienced a vote machine changing his vote three times to the party whose agenda he opposed.
The lawmaker told her that his computer background left him confident that the problem was beyond a technical glitch, and he insisted that the election judge take the machine out of service and lock it up. (WorldNetDaily) Read more.
- Pray in agreement with this lawmaker's desire that the FBI, indeed, will "get to the bottom of this" very critical matter. A government based on the Constitution can only function correctly in the absence of fraud. Pray!
- "He will judge the world in righteousness; he will govern the peoples with justice." (Psalm 9:8)
John Boehner Isn't The Enemy
John Boehner Isn't The Enemy
I want to address one theme that is coming up a lot in your communications with me. I am receiving many emails that essentially boil down to this: "Mr. Bauer, opposition to raising taxes is the fundamental principle of the GOP. If Boehner caves on this, I'm done."
My friends, John Boehner does not want to raise your taxes. But he is in the unfortunate position of having to either compromise with Obama and Harry Reid, who controls the Senate, or allow automatic tax increases on everybody.
Let's assume that Speaker Boehner keeps all House Republicans in line and that they vote unanimously to reject Obama's tax increases on those making $250,000. Then what? The Bush tax cuts will still expire automatically on January 1st. Everybody from the janitor to the billionaire will see his taxes go up.
Right now polls show that the American people would blame the GOP if their taxes go up next year. How does it help the conservative cause if every commentator in America is saying, "Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Middle Class, your taxes just went up because of John Boehner and the Republican Party"?
My point is simply this: We can't govern the country from the House of Representatives alone. Two years ago, Barack Obama faced the prospect of reelection, so he blinked and temporarily renewed the Bush tax cuts.
But that leverage was lost on November 6th. Obama will never again face reelection. It is doubtful that Speaker John Boehner and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell can somehow neutralize the results of losing another election. In other words, brace yourself for higher taxes no matter what happens. (Gary Bauer)
Reid To Ram Through Rules Change
Reid To Ram Through Rules Change
Senate Democrat Leader Harry Reid declared yesterday that he would follow through on his threat to change the Senate rules and limit the filibuster at the start of the new Congress next year. Reid is proposing to prevent the use of the filibuster on the introduction of legislation or "motions to proceed." Reid has abused his power as majority leader to block Republican amendments. In response, the GOP minority has resorted to filibustering even the introduction of bills in order to bargain for votes on amendments. Now Reid wants to take that bargaining chip away from them.
Moreover, Reid wants to change the rules by using the so-called "nuclear option." Normally changing the Senate's rules would require a two-thirds super-majority vote. Next year, Democrats will have only 55 votes. But since when have Democrats cared about the rules? To the left, the ends justify the means. Just as they did with Obamacare, the Democrats will do whatever is necessary to win.
In a speech on the Senate floor yesterday, Republican Leader Mitch McConnell blasted Reid's rule change as a "naked power grab." (Gary Bauer)
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Uganda: President dedicates nation to God
President Yoweri Museveni has repented of his sins and the sins of Uganda as a nation in a move aimed at establishing Uganda as a God-fearing nation. Museveni made this historic move at the Mandela National stadium Namboole on 8 October 2012 during national prayers for dedicating Uganda to God. This year Uganda celebrates 50 years of independence.
"I denounce witchcraft and satanic practices. I repent on behalf of Uganda. We confess our sins. We repent of the sins of shedding innocent blood, corruption, bribery, sexual immorality, drunkenness, rebellion, insubordination, tribalism and sectarianism," Museveni repented amidst ululations from the Christians. The president dedicated Uganda to God to be his nation anchored on his principles and values.
Museveni, indicating that the next 50 years belong to the young generation, advised the young people to be God-fearing, referring to the verse in Proverbs 9:10 which says, "The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom." For the young people who are still in school, he used Ecclesiastes 3:1 which says there is time for everything, to advise them to concentrate on their books and abstain from sex. For those who have completed studies, he advised them to look for more skills, jobs, and start families established on God's principles. He advised the youth to keep fit through physical exercises and sports activities and to help their parents.
The prayers were organized by Uganda Jubilee Network, an association of Anglican, Evangelical and Pentecostal churches. The network, coordinated by Dr. James Magara of Intercessors for Uganda, has been guiding Christians to fast and pray for Uganda to be a God fearing nation in the next 50 years. "The jubilee season provides us with an opportune time to seek and return to the Lord. It is a time for liberty, amnesty, family reunion, justice, debt release, economic emancipation, restoration and chance to reset the clock and start over again," Magara said.
Earlier, the church of Uganda archbishop elect, Stanley Ntagali, called upon the religious and political leaders to repent and put right what had gone wrong arguing that jubilee is about restitution and attaining God's eternal life after forgiveness. Rev. Simon Peter Emiau said no matter how many times Ugandans pray, God will not intervene in the affairs of our country without fulfilling the conditions in 2 Chronicles 7:14 of repenting and turning away from wicked ways. Calling upon church leaders and Christians to repent, Apostle Charles Tumwine attributed the current high level of immorality in the country to the wickedness/darkness in the church arguing that what happens in a nation is usually a replica of the state of the church.
The believers also prayed for Uganda's media and communication, arts and entertainment, the judiciary, parliament, cabinet, the president, local governments, churches, and the education sector that they will all be revived on God's principles and values of righteousness, love and justice.
Hans-Dieter and Inge Sturz, German missionaries to Uganda, were present at the ceremony and mailed us the full dedication prayer. It's available in German and English.
Download the prayer here; (pdf) or watch the video (vimeo) here.
Source: Moses Mulondo, Hans-Dieter & Inge Sturz
- Rejoice with the saints of Uganda, who are now experiencing an amazing revival after surviving the brutal regime of Idi Amin. PRAISE THE LORD!
- "Rejoice with those who rejoice . . ." (Romans 12:15)
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
The More I Seek You
The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you
I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming