Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Friday, November 16, 2012
""Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around". " (Zech. 12:2)
The Daily Brief
1. Barak Calls Up More Reserves as Rockets Hit Near Tel Aviv and Jerusalem - Israel Natl News
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak expanded on Friday the call-up of reserve soldiers, a spokesman said, with current reports claiming that Barak has asked for 75,000 reserve soldiers, as Israel pushes ahead with a major offensive against terrorists in Gaza. The government is currently seeking ministerial approval to recruit the additional reserve soldiers as it presses a relentless campaign against the Hamas-run Gaza Strip. Ehud Barak expanded the call-up of reserve soldiers, as Israel pushed ahead with a major offensive against terrorists in Gaza. "The defense minister has this evening ordered the mobilization of new reserve forces," Josh Hantman told AFP shortly after two rockets fired from Gaza hit an open field in Gush Etzion, near Jerusalem, and another landed in the sea by central Tel Aviv.
- O Lord God of Israel, we come to You on behalf of Your people, and Your Land, from which You will rule and reign upon Your return. We ask You to spread Your tallit of protection and love, over them, under Your wings. We thank You for Your Covenant people, and we stand with them at this time, and join our prayers with theirs for Your protection, and Shalom
. We ask You to send confusion and ambushments against the enemies of Israel. May they fall into their own nets, and experience misfires of their rockets, and disorganization. May they and the whole world see that there is a God in Israel, Who gives wisdom to His generals, and meets the needs of His people! Show Yourself strong on behalf of Your people. In Yeshua's Name we pray, Amen.
- "LORD, battle with those who battle with me. Fight against those who fight against me. Pick up the shield and armor. Rise up and help me. Lift up your spears, both large and small, against those who chase me.Tell me, 'I will save you.'" (Psalm 35:1-3)
2a. 'Real-time' video shows Benghazi drama, but questions remain - CNN
Thanks to testimony and "real-time" video, lawmakers said they got their clearest picture yet Thursday of the deadly attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Libya, though questions and tensions remain as to how President Barack Obama's administration handled the matter.
2b. If Petraeus Said It Was Al Qaeda, Then Who Changed His Memo? - FOX
Former CIA Director David Petraeus stoked the controversy over the Obama administration's handling of the Libya terror attack, testifying Friday that references to "Al Qaeda involvement" were stripped from his agency's original talking points -- while other intelligence officials were unable to say who changed the memo, according to a top lawmaker who was briefed.
Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., told Fox News that intelligence officials who testified in a closed-door hearing a day earlier, including Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and Acting CIA Director Mike Morell, said they did not know who changed the talking points. He said they went out to multiple departments, including the State Department, National Security Council, Justice Department and White House. "To me the question right now is who changed those talking points and why. . . I'd say it was somebody in the administration had to have taken it out," King told Fox News. "That, to me, has to be pursued." (Read more)
- Abba, we ask for truth to come to light in this investigation of the Benghazi attack, and all the individuals involved. We ask You to reveal the secret things, and enable our Congress and Defense Department to establish new procedures that would protect our Ambassadors and personnel in these various countries. We ask that we would defend these patriots when they issue any pleas, in addition to the routine security. We thank You for godly wisdom to be used to keep our citizens safe in these other countries. Amen.
- "He said to them, 'Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don't you put it on its stand? For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open.'" (Mark 4:21,22)
3. GOP leaders back West's call for recount - Washington Times
State and national Republican Party officials are getting behind Rep. Allen B. West's call for a recount of all early votes in St. Lucie County, Fla., saying it would be "unconscionable" not to answer lingering questions about the results, which show the outspoken GOP lawmaker trailing Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy. last week amid a sex scandal, to testify about the deadly September 11 attack on the US mission in Benghazi, Libya.
- Father, we ask again, that truth will be brought forth in this issue, and that both sides will abide by those truthful results. Amen.
- "Don't be dishonest when measuring length, weight or capacity. Rather, use an honest balance-scale, honest weights, an honest bushel dry-measure and an honest gallon liquid-measure; I am ADONAI your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt. Observe all my regulations and rulings, and do them; I am ADONAI.'"(Leviticus 19:35-37)
4a. Talks on Fiscal Cliff Called 'Constructive' - WSJ
Congressional leaders said they agreed to a fast-paced negotiation process to try and broker a "fiscal cliff" deal, after what they called a "very constructive" meeting with President Obama.
4b. Sandy Spurs Jump in Jobless Claims; Inflation Nudges Up - CNBC
Super storm Sandy drove U.S. weekly jobless claims up to 439,000, while consumer prices rose slightly last month as higher rents and costlier food offset cheaper gas.
4c. Census: U.S. Poverty Rate Spikes
Nearly 50 Million Americans Affected - CBS News
As President Barack Obama is set to begin his second term, new statistics on America's poverty rate indicate that nearly 50 million Americans, more than 16 percent of the population, are struggling to survive.
- O Jehovah Jireh, our Provider, we humble ourselves before You, and thank You that not one hair is removed from our heads, without Your knowledge. We pray for our fellow citizens who are really hurting right now. We pray for the victims of "Superstorm Sandy", who have lost homes, vehicles, jobs, and loved ones. We ask for Your comfort and provision for each of them, and healing to come in every area of their lives: physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually. We pray for the nearly 50 million Americans, who are in poverty.
We ask, Lord, not just for provision for them, but also that You would encourage them and give them hope to come out of poverty. We pray for jobs for those who need and want them. We ask for wisdom for them, and also for our president and our congressional members to be able to agree on a financially sound solution to the "looming fiscal cliff", expected in January, 2013. You, O Lord, are our Source, not our government. May we all realize that, and cry out to You. We pray that in the midst of these tragedies, and needs, that many will turn to You as Saviour and Father, and be comforted and strengthened. Amen.
- "I am poor and needy, yet the Lord takes thought and plans for me. You are my Help and my Deliverer. O my God, do not tarry! Let all those that seek and require You rejoice and be glad in You; let such as love Your salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified!" (Psalm 40:16,17)
5. If Every Food Stamp Recipient Voted For Obama, It Would Account For 75% Of His Total - CNS News
If all 47 million food stamp recipients voted for President Obama, it would account for 75.4 percent of Obama's 62.3 million votes.
- Lord, we ask that You would help each of these Food Stamp recipients to escape the poverty they find themselves in. We know that some are disabled and unable to work, and so we thank You for this provision for them. We pray that those who can work, would desire to do so, and that You would instruct and teach them, giving them wisdom, jobs and a bright future, as we know this is Your desire for them. Thank You.
- "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." (Luke 4:18,19)
6. Hostess to close, cites nationwide worker strike - Washington Times
Hostess, the maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, plans to go out of business, lay off its 18,500 workers and sell its snack cake and bread brands.The Irving, Texas, company said a nationwide strike crippled its ability to make and deliver its products, which also include Ding Dongs, Ho Ho's and Home Pride bread. Hostess suspended bakery operations at all its factories and said its stores will remain open for several days to sell already-baked products.
- Lord, we do pray for these 18,500 workers, who are suddenly out of a job, and the holiday season is coming upon us. We thank You that You knew this was coming before they did, and we ask that You would guide them to find other employment. We ask for Your comfort in this loss, and for clear direction for all involved, and we thank You. Amen.
- "I say this because I know what I am planning for you," says the LORD. "I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future." (Jeremiah 29:11)
7a. Oil-Rig Fire Leaves Two Missing - Wall Street Journal
An oil and gas platform 25 miles off Grand Isle, La. exploded, resulting in two people missing and four people being flown to the West Jefferson Parish Medical Center, the U.S. Coast Guard said.
7b. Wounded Veterans Killed in Texas Train Crash Identified - WSJ
The Midland, Texas, police department confirmed the identity of the four fatal victims in Thursday's accident in which a train crashed into a parade float carrying wounded veterans.
- Abba, we grieve with the families of these four wounded veterans who were killed by this train, and also the 2 killed in this Oil-Rig Fire, as well as the 2 who are missing from the oil-rig explosion. We ask You to comfort the families and give them Your peace. We also pray for those wounded in these incidents, that they would live and not die, and that healing will come to them quickly. We also pray Your comfort upon the driver of this float, and that You would remove his/her sense of guilt, and if there was a malfunction of the float, that the facts will come to light and be dealt with. We also ask that the 2 who are missing from the oil-rig would be recovered safely. We ask these things in Your precious Name, Amen.
- "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." (2 Corinthians 1:3,4)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"Hallelujah: for the Lord God omnipotent reigns." (Revelation 19:6)
1. Israel Warns of Escalation After Tel Aviv Missile Firing - Bloomberg
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak signaled that Israel is ready to escalate its military operations against Gaza after at least one long-range missile was fired at Tel Aviv by Palestinian militants.
2. IDF continues to pound Gaza; 3 killed in Beit Hanoun - Ynet News
Palestinian sources reported that after an hour-long lull Israeli aircraft resumed the attacks throughout the entire Strip with full force.
3. Rockets slam into Israel's south in third day of IDF operation in Gaza - Ha'aretz
After a relatively quiet night on the Israeli side of the border, Friday morning saw the renewal of rocket fire from the Gaza Strip toward Israel's south. Several rockets hit residential areas in Ashdod; a woman sustained light injuries and a few residents suffered an anxiety attack following the rocket fire. The Israel Defense Forces struck some 150 targets overnight in Gaza.
4. Hamas missile launch pad next to mosque, playground. Civilian factories, gas station also half a blo - WND
A missile launch site in the Gaza Strip was set up by Hamas just half a block from a mosque and children's playground, according to aerial photographs provided to KleinOnline by the Israel Defense Forces today.
The Daily Jot
The Great Benghazi Spiritual Stratagem
Four Americans were brutally murdered in Benghazi, Libya because of a spontaneous reaction to an anti-Muslim film, according to the Occupant of the Oval Office and his Administration. Some 14 days later, the same man is telling the same story at the United Nations while generating a big debate on limiting religious hate speech. A few hours later, unnamed State Department officials say that it was a terrorist attack. Multiple stories report the president and his minions watched the attack via cameras on a drone, denying requests for help. Emails from the Embassy in Tripoli informed the president within 121 minutes of the attack that it was an al Qaeda affiliate. Lies, upon more lies--its all part of a strategy.
Ephesians 6:11-12 says, "Put on the whole armor of YHVH, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." The American people need their full armor to discern the rulers of darkness and the spiritual wickedness in the high places. This is a spirit that Americans are dealing with. It is deceptive. Many in this Administration, and in politics in general, are controlled by it. It is a spirit of pride and of power and of the antichrist. But it is not the equal of YHVH.
The spiritual stratagem of Benghazi is to embroil the United States into assisting the advance of the antichrist system of worldwide dominance. There are people in high places that are convinced this is the way to go and they are inherently evil beyond imagination. Watch how this has played out and how it is playing out to get a clue of what is being done. Bits of information were carefully released to get reactions from the populace. At each release, more reaction followed that diverts attention from the actual crime, all the while the objective continues to advance. The CIA Director is supposed to testify. But wait, he has an affair that is big news. The Secretary of State is supposed to testify, but she delays it.
News about the affair allows what is being done in darkness to continue. Delays in testimonies allow schemers to gauge reaction and spin a better story, which allows what is being done darkness to continue. It also confuses the facts and challenges the will of those trying to bring truth to light. These people have turned their backs on the one true God. The majority population of America also has abandoned truth. Our nation is like Israel in Deuteronomy 32:28, "They are a nation void of counsel, neither is there any understanding in them." Who should investigate this horror of Benghazi? Only men of truth wearing the whole armor of YHVH can discern the depths of spiritual evil as manifest by these humans.
Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
War in Gaza - Day Three
War in Gaza - Day Three:
Crossing Red Lines
The limited warfare between Israel and the jihadi terror group Hamas (Muslim Brotherhood) in the Gaza Strip has entered its third day. Hamas rocket squads are firing on the average 12 rockets per hour, or a minimum of 300 per day, at last count.
As the Sabbath evening fell on the Jewish state, over 550 rockets and mortars have been fired from Gaza and Sinai onto Israeli civilian farms, villages, towns and cities. Israel Air Force planes have responded with over 600 air attacks on long and medium range rocket silos and warehouses in Gaza, often hidden next to mosques and schools in Arab civilians areas.
Israeli concerns not to injure Gaza civilians have resulted in a very low number of Arab casualities - 23 according to Palestinian sources, most of whom were armed terrorists
Over 330 Grad and Qassam rockets fired by Hamas fell in open and unpopulated regions within Israel, while 26 have fallen in civilian areas. Israeli Iron Dome anti-missile batteries have shot down 185 rockets which were aimed at civilian areas. Three Israeli fatalaties occured Thursday morning in Kiryat Malachi (a sister city of Los Angeles), where a missile scored a direct hit on the fourth floor of a residential building. The individuals concerned were not in the safe room of their own house at the time, which was not available at the time.
The Prime Minister of Egypt paid a visit to the Gaza Strip today, and Israel declared that it would not initiate air attacks during that time. However, Hamas continued to fire missiles into Israel, lobbing more than thirty rockets against Israeli civilian targets during the Egyptian PM’s visit.
> > > Rocket attacks by jihadi Islamist terror forces on Jerusalem and Tel Aviv are a highly significant event, and have great motivational impact for the Islamic world.
> > > This missile/anti-missile war is actually the first of its kind in the history of mankind, and points to the way battle strategy will morph throughout the world in the immediate future.
Crossing red lines
On Thursday afternoon and evening Hamas sent its missiles against the greater Tel Aviv region, striking Rishon LeZion and areas just south of Tel Aviv's municipal boundaries. On Friday evening three rockets struck just outside of Jerusalem's municipal boundaries. These rocket strikes are considered by Israel to be red lines whose violations cannot go unpunished.
Whereas up to this point, Israel has been willing to dialogue on a winding down of hostilities (provided that Hamas ceases its rocket attacks on Israel's civilian population), Hamas' escalation of targets and trajectories signals that the IDF must strike in one or more of three areas:
> > > targeting the heads of Hamas, both military and government
> > > targeting essential infrastructure like the electrical power and water grids
> > > a military incursion with the purposes of destroying rocket stores, Hamas infrastructure and leadership
A selection of Israeli army reserves has been called up. Tanks, armor, reserve special forces and infantry are flowing toward the Israeli Kisufim crossing, the usual entry point for a military invasion, allowing an effective cutting of the Strip into two.
Unless Hamas makes a very strong appeal for stand-down, it is quite likely that one or more of the three scenarios mentioned above will become a reality within 48 hours.
1. Pray for the leaders of Israel (executive, military, intelligence) that their decision will be guided by the God of Israel (see Psalm 83), that He would give them strategies on how to respond with maximum effect and minimum loss of life.
2. Pray for the believing and not-yet-believing soldiers readying for combat; for the pilots and drone operators, that they might be given skillful fingers for war (Psalm 144:1).
3. Pray for Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood (MB) leadership, who are comrades in arms of MB Hamas, that God would reveal Himself to them either through repentance and salvation or through military defeat (Isaiah 19:16-25, Psalm 83:9-18).
Your prayers and support hold up our arms and are the enablement of God to us in the work He has called us to do!
In Messiah Yeshua,
House Supports Israel
House Passes Ros-Lehtinen, Berman Bipartisan Resolution Supporting Israel's Right to Self-Defense
"The message from Congress is clear: We stand with Israel"
(WASHINGTON) - U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) and U.S. Rep. Howard L. Berman (D-CA), Chairman and Ranking Member, today introduced and passed H.Res. 813, expressing vigorous support and unwavering commitment to the welfare, security, and survival of the State of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state with secure borders, and recognizing and strongly supporting its right to act in self-defense to protect its citizens against designated foreign terrorist organizations and their supporters. The resolution passed the House by unanimous consent. Statement by Ros-Lehtinen:
"As Israel defends its citizens from Hamas and other violent extremists, and as rockets from Gaza strike Israeli civilian targets as far away as Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, the message from Congress is clear: We stand with Israel. We support Israel's right to self-defense. We condemn Hamas and other extremist groups-and their state sponsors-who seek to murder innocent Israelis and destroy the Jewish State.
"Once again, Israel's enemies will surely push for the UN to condemn and pressure Israel for protecting its citizens.
"Therefore, the United States must stand with our ally Israel and defend it on the world stage. The Administration must unequivocally support Israel's right to self-defense and oppose all anti-Israel efforts at the UN. At this critical time, there must be no doubt that America has Israel's back."
Senate Supports Israel
(In the Senate)
EXPRESSING VIGOROUS SUPPORT AND UNWAVERING COMMITMENT TO THE WELFARE, SECURITY, AND SURVIVAL OF THE STATE OF ISRAEL -- (Senate - November 15, 2012)
Resolved, That the Senate--
(1) expresses unwavering commitment to the security of the State of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state with secure borders, and recognizes and strongly supports its inherent right to act in self-defense to protect its citizens against acts of terrorism;
(2) reiterates that Hamas must end Gaza-linked terrorist rocket and missile attacks against Israel, recognize Israel's right to exist, renounce violence, and agree to accept previous agreements between Israel and the Palestinians
(3) urges the United Nations Security Council to condemn the recent spike in Gazalinked terrorist missile attacks against Israel, which risk causing civilian casualties in both Israel and Gaza; and
(4) encourages the President to continue to work diplomatically with the international community to prevent Hamas and other Gaza-based terrorist organizations from retaining or rebuilding the capability to launch rockets and missiles against Israel.
[To read the full text of the Senate statement, go here.]
White House Supports Israel
Statement by Press Secretary Jay Carney
We strongly condemn the barrage of rocket fire from Gaza into Israel, and we regret the death and injury of innocent Israeli and Palestinian civilians caused by the ensuing violence. There is no justification for the violence that Hamas and other terrorist organizations are employing against the people of Israel.
We call on those responsible to stop these cowardly acts immediately in order to allow the situation to deescalate.As you know, President Obama spoke yesterday with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and Egyptian President Morsi. In both conversations, the President reiterated the United States' support for Israel's right to self-defense.
President Obama also urged Prime Minister Netanyahu to make every effort to avoid civilian casualties. Hamas claims to have the best interest of the Palestinian people at heart, yet it continues to engage in violence that is counterproductive to the Palestinian cause. Attacking Israel on a near daily basis does nothing to help Palestinians in Gaza or to move the Palestinian people any close to achieving self-determination.
(Source: American Jewish International Relations Institute)
The Madison Report
The Madison Report
[Every week, we will try to spotlight some positive legislation that is worthy of conservative support.]
No Tax Hikes in Lame Duck Session
For this week's bonus legislation, we bring to your attention a letter instead of a piece of legislation. Republicans are all but ready to concede their principles after narrowly losing the election. There is particular concern that they would be willing to agree to some form of tax increase in exchange for repeal of the sequester military cuts.
To that end, Congressman Paul Broun (R-GA) is sending a "Dear Collogue" letter to John Boehner requesting him to stand behind H.R. 8 - the House-passed bill that will unconditionally extend all of the Bush tax cuts. We need to get names in writing. Please ask your Republican House members if they plan to sign onto Broun's commitment against any tax increase.
The Good News Corner
The Good News Corner
Israel: Only foreign nation to provide aid to NY and NJ
Michael Duarte, a Red Cross volunteer from California who was supervising the Long Island shelter, hugged the Israel Flying Aid team as they arrived.
"We had some bad press as a result of misunderstandings," said Duarte. People in Staten Island, New York were looking for us but due to a New York State law, we could not start operations until after three days. We are now operating at full capacity throughout New York City and this Red Cross shelter at Nassau Community College with over 900 clients. These people have lost their homes. Lost everything. We are here for them and so very pleased to receive your good help."
Duarte, who hadn't slept in three days, had coordinated a first class shelter and his staff could not have been more professional. Sleeping cots, Red Cross blankets, a cafeteria and even a play area for children had been carefully put into place. The fresh food from Israel Flying Aid was served as dinner that evening.
Super storm Hurricane Sandy, which was also referred to as Frankenstorm as it became one huge storm from three separate systems, slammed New York, New Jersey and the southern Connecticut shore with 100 mph winds. The devastation was historic as over 100 people perished, thousands of homes were destroyed and millions were left without electricity.
"As Israelis, we know how to react to such disasters," said Kahana. "We are trained in the military to be prepared and ready at a moment's notice. This edge is what enables us to go places where others don't and get the job done with little or no bureaucracy. We are proud to help the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut communities, people who have provided assistance to Israel throughout the years. What we critically need now is donations for our staff and volunteers to continue their life saving efforts as temperatures drop and people critically need generators and fuel for heat."
Israel Flying Aid, which is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that assists global communities after earthquakes and other natural and man made disasters, have saved lives in Japan, Haiti, Iraq, Turkey, South Sudan and the US after Hurricane Katrina.
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
'Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep'
Music by Barry and Batya Segal
He that keepeth Israel
Neither slumbers nor sleeps
Slumbers nor sleeps,
Neither slumbers nor sleeps.
He that keepeth Israel
Neither slumbers nor sleeps
Slumbers nor sleeps.