Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
"Partners in Prayer for Our Nation"
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Friday, November 2, 2012
"As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the Lord: "My Spirit which is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your offspring, nor from the mouth of your offspring's offspring," says the Lord, "from now and forever." (Isaiah 59:21)
The Daily Brief
1a. Superstorm Sandy breaks records - CNN & BBC
Superstorm Sandy, which New York Mayor Bloomberg called "a storm of unprecedented proportions," will likely not set records for most costly or most deadly. However, the hurricane-turned-cyclone can claim several historical titles. Sandy's strength, as indicated by barometric pressure just before landfall, set a record. The lower the pressure, the stronger the storm. Fights broke out at gas stations in New York and New Jersey, and power suppliers warned some areas might not have electricity until 11 November. Anger is also rising in New York's Staten Island, with some residents saying they had been forgotten. More than 90 deaths in the US have now been blamed on Sandy. The cost of the storm to the US is now put at about $50bn. Meanwhile, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has endorsed President Barack Obama for next week's presidential election. He said Storm Sandy had highlighted climate change issues, and that only one candidate saw that as an "urgent problem".
1b. Fuel scarce, East Coast struggles to recover from storm - Reuters
Rescuers searched flooded homes for survivors, drivers lined up for hours to get scarce gasoline and millions remained without power on Thursday as New York City and nearby towns struggled to recover from one of the biggest storms to hit the United States.
- Abba, we are humbled by Your great power, and Your involvement in the affairs of men. We thank You for the lives that were saved, and share in the grieving of the 90 who were not. We ask for Your comfort for all those who suffered loss, whether through loss of property or loved ones.
We know that You are also a God of provision. We ask You for that provision for those who need food, fresh water, and fuel to heat their homes, and their cars. We come against any disease that would be associated with the stagnation of flood waters, and damaged goods in the streets. We pray for wisdom for those who are seeking to aid the many who need help in the aftermath of this devastation. May many come to know You through this awful situation, and see Your love poured out upon them. In Your Name weoffer this prayer, amen.
- "More than the sound of rushing waters or the mighty breakers of the sea, Adonai on high is mighty." (Psalm 93:4)
2. New Jersey to deploy military trucks to serve as polling places - Fox News
New Jersey will deploy military trucks to serve as polling places on Election Day in storm-battered communities, the state secretary of the state announced Thursday during a visit to this flood-ravaged town. The state is also extending the deadline on mail-in ballots.
- Father, we do pray concerning the election on Tuesday, particularly in areas that have been devastated by hurricane Sandy. We ask that You give the election officials wisdom, as to how they can best serve the people in these areas, and provide polling places where they can cast their votes without any hazards or intimidation. We come against any attempts to "meddle" or interfere with the true votes of the people. We pray for honesty and integrity, in Yeshua's Name we pray. Amen.
- "His salvation is near for those who fear him, so that glory will be in our land. Grace and truth have met together; justice and peace have kissed each other. Truth springs up from the earth, and justice looks down from heaven." (Psalm 85:10-12)
3. Unemployment rate inches up to 7.9% - Washington Times
Unemployment ticked up to 7.9 percent despite a better-than-expected job gain of 171,000 last month, the Labor Department reported Friday morning. The last major economic report before Tuesday's elections showed an economy on the mend and - in a surprise - a clear strengthening trend, with better-than-expected job growth in October and 84,000 more jobs.
- Lord, we thank You for those who have secured employment in October, and we ask that the job market will continue to improve. Again, we pray for those who are still seeking employment that they be not discouraged or lose their hope. We ask for better fiscal policies to be put into effect, that will benefit the economy and job growth at the same time. Our Hope is in You, Lord, hear our prayer, Amen.
- "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
4. Court OKs warrantless use of hidden surveillance cameras - Cnet News
Police are allowed in some circumstances to install hidden surveillance cameras on private property without obtaining a search warrant, a federal judge said yesterday.
- Lord, we do ask for fair laws that catch criminals, but also protect the innocent. We ask that our Constitutional rights not be infringed upon. May these surveillance cameras only be used to expose evil, so it may be dealt with, in Yeshua's Name we pray, Amen.
- "Lord, hear me begging for fairness; listen to my cry for help. Pay attention to my prayer, because I speak the truth. You will judge that I am right; your eyes can see what is true." (Psalm 17:1-3)
5a. Classified cable warned consulate couldn't withstand 'coordinated attack'
- Fox News
The U.S. Mission in Benghazi convened an "emergency meeting" less than a month before the assault that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, because Al Qaeda had training camps in Benghazi and the consulate could not defend against a "coordinated attack," according to a classified cable reviewed by Fox News.
5b. Petraeus and Panetta Speak -- But Not the President - Weekly Standard
Seven weeks later, the White House still hasn't explained what President Obama did and didn't do during the seven hours of the attack on Benghazi on September 11. And there's been no response from the White House to questions asked by senators or THE WEEKLY STANDARD or David Ignatius in the Washington Post.
- Lord, we are grieved that this administration knew that our staff in Benghazi, on American soil (consulate) were in imminent danger, and they did nothing about it, even when they cried out for help. It seems very un-American to not defend our own who have been sent there by the U.S. They literally gave their lives, unnecessarily, for their country, a country that deserted them in their hour of greatest need. Forgive us, O Lord, as a nation for this travesty, we pray. We continue to ask You to comfort the families of those fallen Americans. And we pray for Your justice to prevail, as their blood cries out from the ground to You. Amen.
- "The Lord said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand." (Genesis 4:10,11)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"And it shall be in that day that I will make it My aim to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem" (Zechariah 12:9)
1. Abbas says he has no right to live in Safed, and no territorial demands on pre-1967 Israel - Times of Israel
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas stated Thursday that he was not seeking the right to live in Israel, even though he was born in Safed, in remarks that implied a moderated stance on the longstanding Palestinian demand for a "right of return" to Israel for millions of refugees and descendants of refugees.
2. Israel admits killing Palestinian leader's deputy - UK Telegraph
Israel acknowledged Thursday it killed Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's deputy in a 1988 raid in Tunisia, lifting a nearly 25-year veil of secrecy and allowing a rare glimpse into the shadowy world of its secret operations.
The Daily Jot
The voter fraud component and foreign observers
Texas and Iowa have stirred the "holier than thou" globalists by saying observers from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe's Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights will be arrested if they show up at voting locations. These observers are usually reserved for third world countries where voter fraud is a problem. But, alas, the Progressives (translated humanist communists) have progressed this country so well that stealing elections is one sure way to advance the cause. They have applied enough political pressure to do away with the paper ballot. Thus we have voter machines that electronically record and tally your votes. By early indications, votes are already being stolen.
There have been reports in Ohio, Nevada and North Carolina where people have cast their votes early, but the voter machines keep counting for the Occupant of the Oval office when the people have actually voted for the challenger. Elections officials say the machines are operating properly, but may need to be "re-calibrated." In other words, if a voter catches these machines malfunctioning, which apparently have been programed in favor of the incumbent, they need to be reported and "re-calibrated." Question is: how many early votes were stolen before someone was observant enough to notice that the machine did not correctly record their vote? How do we know any machine correctly records the vote?
The fact is, we don't. In the days when we had paper ballots, even machines punching paper ballots, at least we knew that our vote was our vote. Of course, the Progressives used the "hanging chad" issue to switch things in their favor--to electronic voting machines. Now what happens if just one vote per precinct is stolen electronically? One vote per precinct would have elected Richard Nixon over John F Kennedy. The same with Al Gore over George W Bush. As it was, Gore won the popular vote and Bush won the electoral college. So voting machines could make more of a difference in this election than you might think. The Republican National Committee (RNC) thinks it is a problem.
The RNC wrote a letter to Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller pointing out how machines are not recording the correct vote. Miller called the claims "irresponsible and unfortunate" and defended the voting machines. Miller said the claims "undermine the public's confidence in the electoral process." DUH! Maybe the election observers should observe the politicians controlling the machines. Third world or not, me and my house are going to request paper ballots upon the advice of Psalm 101:7, "He that works deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that tells lies shall not tarry in my sight." I don't want to give the government the chance to sin against me, if I can help it. 'Hope the observers observe that!
Have A Blessed And Powerful Day,
On the Campaign Trail
On the Campaign Trail:
4 Days Until Election Day
OBAMA CAMPAIGN ACCUSED OF ILLEGAL WAR CHEST STUFFING
A complaint is being filed with the Federal Election Commission that alleges the Obama re-election campaign, in headlong pursuit of illegal war chest stuffing, has been accepting donations from foreign entities that are banned by U.S. election law from contributing.
The complaint is addressed to the FEC in Washington and cites the Obama for America campaign as well as treasurer Martin H. Nesbitt. It is signed by Joseph Farah, founder and CEO of WND.com, which has been running a series of stories about the controversy.
It alleges the Obama campaign has been systematically violating the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 as well as the regulations of the FEC, specifically by "soliciting, processing, accepting and confirming contributions from foreign nationals and non-U.S. citizens" in contravention of federal law.
The complaint explains the law states that it is unlawful for a foreign national to directly or indirectly make a contribution of money or to promise a contribution of money in connection with a federal, state or local election.
It also is illegal for a person to accept or receive such a contribution.
"Notwithstanding the clear legal prohibitions against soliciting and accepting foreign contributions, the Obama campaign has repeatedly and willfully ignored the law in order to amass a vast campaign war chest, primarily of non-disclosed donors," the complaint states.
"Reports have increasingly noted evidence of the Obama campaign's unwillingness and continued failure to install the safeguards used by other campaigns, such as the Romney for President campaign, as well as to utilize industry standard protections against illegal contributions." (WorldNetDaily) Read more.
More Fallout from "Benghazigate"
Did Obama Fire Top Admiral For Advocating Libyan Rescue?
Navy Replaces Admiral Leading Mideast Strike Group Because of Ongoing Investigation
In an unusual move, the Navy has replaced an admiral commanding an aircraft carrier strike group while it is deployed to the Middle East. The replacement was prompted by an Inspector General's investigation of allegations of inappropriate leadership judgment.
Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette, the commander of the USS John C. Stennis strike group, is being returned to the United States for temporary reassignment.
In a statement the Navy said it had approved a request made by Vice Adm. John W. Miller, the Commander of U.S. Naval Forces Central Command, to temporarily reassign Gaouette "pending the results of an investigation by the Navy Inspector General."
The statement said Gaoutte would return to the carrier's home port of Bremerton, Washington.
Gaouette's Chief of Staff, Capt. William C. Minter, will lead the strike group until Rear Adm. Troy M. Shoemaker arrives to take command "until the matter is resolved." (ABC News) Read more.
- Anonymous sources also report that Admiral Gaouette's firing by President Obama was due to this strike force commander disobeying orders when he ordered his forces on 11 September to "assist and provide intelligence for" American military forces while terrorist forces were attacking the American Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
Father, there are many attempts to cover up this incident at Benghazi. We pray that Your Holy Spirit will convict our leadership of their foolish actions in regard to rescuing and supporting American citizens abroad, and that justice will prevail. We pray for this admiral, that You will vindicate him from the evil intent of those above him in the chain of command.
- "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, an dof righteousness, and of judgment." [John 16:8]
Good News for the Churches in America!
IRS Gives Pass to Churches, More Pastors Speak Out
Washington, D.C. -- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has officially reported what Liberty Counsel has been saying all along: The IRS is not auditing churches because it does not have the authority to take away churches' tax-free status.
For years, leftist groups, such as Americans United for the Separation of Church and State (AU), have used deception and fear tactics to censor the church and muzzle pastors. A recent letter to religious leaders by Executive Director Barry Lynn inaccurately said, "If the IRS determines that your house of worship has engaged in unlawful intervention, it can revoke the institution's tax-exempt status."
An IRS spokesman said last week that the agency has been inundated with complaints, but they are not going to do any audits because they do not have the authority to do so. Churches are tax-exempt inherently," said Mat Staver. "They don't need a letter from the IRS to be tax exempt, so their tax-exempt status cannot be taken away by the IRS."
No church has ever lost its tax-exempt status for opposing or supporting a candidate for political office. Churches and pastors may speak on Biblical and moral issues. They can educate about the candidates' viewpoints. They can encourage people to vote and can assist them in getting to the polls. This year Liberty Counsel has sent over 100,000 copies of its Take Back America: Silence is NOT an Option to pastors and church leaders around America, to encourage pastors and church leaders to speak truth to this generation.
More pastors have been involved this year than ever before, even pastors who have been silenced in the past. Rev. Billy Graham is running full-page advertisements in a number of newspapers across the country, urging voters to vote for candidates that support Biblical values of life, natural marriage, and religious liberty. "This is unprecedented for the world's best-known evangelist," said Staver. "Billy Graham has always steered clear of politics. In reality, Billy Graham has merely raised his prophetic voice like any preacher should when Biblical and moral values are placed in jeopardy by politicians," said Staver.
John MacArthur, a well-known pastor and author, who was against Christian political activism, has had a dramatic change of heart. "I was amazed that one of the historic parties in the U.S. adopted the sins of Romans 1 as their platform," said MacArthur in a recent Sunday morning sermon. "This is a new day in our country. Parties that used to differ on economics, now differ dramatically on issues that invade the realm of God's law and morality." (Liberty Counsel)
"I am beginning to see more and more pastors waking up and realizing that Biblical and moral issues are under attack and they have no choice but to speak," Staver said. "This isn't politics; it is Biblical and moral issues that have been politicized."
[Reported by: Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation]
Spotlight on: Valerie Jarrett
the 'tough guy' adviser in the Obama White House is a woman
Ever since Valerie Jarrett came to Washington four years ago her power in the Obama White House has sparked envy, anger and even charges that in the 21 years she has known the president she has become his "mother."
"I'm not that old," Jarrett said to me recently in an interview at the Democrat's convention in Charlotte.
But in her time in the Obama White House Jarrett has become a Washington legend for being as fiercely protective of the president as a mother is of her son. As one senior White House official recently told the New York Times, on the condition of anonymity that she out-ranks the chief of staff, cabinet officers and generals: "She is the single most influential person in the Obama White House."
And she also has a staff of more than three dozen, according to the Times, to make her power felt in every corner of official Washington. (Fox News) Read more.
- Ms. Jarrett's official title is "Assistant to the President for Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs." Given her title, and examining the Constitution, one wonders how she has come to be this strong an influence in the decision-making of the President. The line of authority SHOULD BE: the President of the United States, the Vice-President . . . and (in terms of influence) perhaps the First Lady.
Anyone who wields this degree of power outside of the Constitution bears watching, and prayer. Ask our Lord to intervene, and sever the soul tie between Ms. Jarrett and Mr. Obama. The decisions made by this president, as by any president, must be for the good of all of our people, and not for one lone woman from south Chicago. Amen.
- "The Lord is righteous; He has cut in two the cords of the wicked." (Psalm 129:4)
For more information regarding the relationship between Mr. Obama and Valerie Jarrett, please see an article in the American Thinker called "Obama's Strange Dependence on Valerie Jarrett."
Election Prayer: Day Eighteen
Election Prayer Point: Day Eighteen
Pray that He would bind the spiritual forces of darkness.
"And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." ( 2 Corinthians 4:4)
Good News Corner
Israeli Students Pray for America's Hurricane Victims
As Hurricane Sandy hit the eastern coast of the United States, Israeli students studying in AMIT schools prayed for America's well-being. Arutz Sheva reported that students read psalms in each of the 100 schools associated with the AMIT educational network.
AMIT director Dr. Amnon Eldar explained, "We have 25,000 students. Many of them are in Sderot, Ashkelon, and Be'er Sheva, and when they are in danger from rocket attacks, American Jews pray for them, support them, and come visit, and also help and contribute, because they are our brothers, our flesh and blood. Most citizens of the United States are good friends to the state of Israel, and when they are in trouble, we feel a real need to pray for them."
Thus, as Rabbi Shimon Shushan of an AMIT Yeshiva in Petach Tikva explained, "We have a moral obligation to help our friends, and we believe we have the power to do what little is in our hands - and that is to pray for our brothers in the United States at this difficult time." (United with Israel) Read more.
Worship with Us Today!
Worship with Us Today!
The words of Psalm 91 with just an