· The Daily Brief
· The Middle East in Focus
· Election News
· The Economy in Crisis
· Security Threats Related to the Election
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, Oct. 23, 2008
"God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; He does great things beyond our understanding." (Job 37:5)
The Daily Brief
1. House GOP Leader Asks Bush to Cut Off ACRON Funds - Washington Times
House Republican leader John Boehner on Wednesday, urged President Bush to block all federal funds to a grass-roots community group that has been accused of voter registration fraud.
· Lord, with all the news about election fraud and falsified registrations, we ask that You do not allow this organization to continue to receive public funds of any kind. We also ask that their illegal activity be cut off from our election process.
· "And what fellowship hath light with darkness . ." (2 Corinthians 6: 14c)
2. Errors, Mischief, Could Lead to Long Election Night - Washington Times
As Election Day nears, memories of the 2000 contest remind Americans that polling-place foul-ups and close races in key states can send them to bed not knowing who their next president will be.
· Father, we take authority in the Name of Jesus against the plans to steal this election from the people of America. We bind the spirits behind this plan, and we apply the Cross of Jesus Christ to our election process and apply the Blood to every polling booth and all vote counting procedures across the nation.
· "Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man." (Psalm 71:4)
3. Obama Most Secretive Democratic Presidential Candidate Ever - NewsMax.com
Just days away from possibly being elected president, Barack Obama continues to stonewall requests for documents about his legislative past, personal health, education, financing, and background - leaving many voters to cast ballots based on incomplete information.
· Lord, we pray that what is revealed by one candidate must be revealed by all. We call forth Your truth and light to expose all hidden secrets of all candidates and that people will see, understand and be able to make informed decisions.
· "Thou hast set our iniquities before Thee, our secret sins in the light of Thy countenance." (Psalm 90:8)
4. Democratic Senator Tells Conservative Talk Show Host that He'd Impose Fairness Doctrine on Them - CNSNews
A prominent liberal Democratic senator (Sen. Jeff Bingaman D-N.M.) told a conservative talk radio station Tuesday, that he hopes a new administration and Congress will re-impose the Fairness Doctrine on them and other radio and TV broadcasters.
· Father, we continue to ask that You block passage of the so called "Fairness Doctrine" in the next administration, whoever it may be. May Your justice protect freedom of speech for conservative TV and Radio hosts.
· "When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart." (Proverbs 26:25)
5. U.S., Mexico to Discuss Drugs, World Issues - AP
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, says she hopes to discuss not just drug trafficking, but a host of world issues with Mexican Foreign Relations Secretary Patricia Espinosa, in meetings in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.Rice says Mexico's newly won seat on the United Nations Security Council makes it likely that more than just bilateral concerns will be discussed.
· Lord, as we begin to discuss issues with Mexico once reserved for Security Council nations, we pray that You will begin to resolve some of the problems that have created serious breaches in American security. We pray that You will address border violence, illegal immigration as well as the drug trafficking and financial matters. May agreements protect our sovereignty and not further degrade it.
· "Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." (Proverbs 27:23)
6. Atheists Plan Anti-God Campaign on Buses - AP
London buses have God on their side - but not for long, if atheists have their way.The sides of some London red buses will soon carry ads asserting there is "probably no God," as nonbelievers fight what they say is the preferential treatment given to religion in British society.
· Lord, we full well know that no man can remove You from any society no matter how hard they may try. We ask that Your Holy Spirit move even more powerfully over Great Britain in spite of the plans of the atheists.
·"Ask of Me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession." (Psalms 2:8)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE: "Thus will I magnify Myself, and sanctify Myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am LORD [YHWH]." (Ezekiel 38:23)
1.Top Iran officials recommend preemptive strike against Israel - Ha'aretz
Senior Tehran officials are recommending a preemptive strike against Israel to prevent an Israeli attack on Iran's nuclear reactors, a senior Islamic Republic official told foreign diplomats two weeks ago in London.
2. Syria envoy: Future generations will pay if Israel scuttles peace talks - Ha'aretz
Syria's ambassador to the United States on Tuesday warned that should Israel scuttle peace negotiations with Syria, the citizens of each country will pay the price.
3. Report: Hezbollah chief poisoned, Iranian doctors saved his life - Ha'aretz
The Iraqi Web site Almalaf on Wednesday quoted diplomatic sources in Beirut as saying Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah was poisoned last week and that his life was saved by Iranian doctors who were rushed to Lebanon to treat him.
4. IDF authorizes additional PA police deployment in Hebron - Jerusalem Post
About five hundred Palestinian policemen will deploy in Hebron in the coming days to participate in a Palestinian Authority-backed crackdown on Hamas infrastructure in the West Bank city, the IDF announced Wednesday night following a meeting between senior Israeli and Palestinian security officials.
5. Kuntar: Zionist entity must disappear - Ynet News
Notorious Lebanese Druze terrorist Samir Kuntar, who was recently released in exchange for the bodies of two kidnapped IDF soldiers as part of an Israeli deal with Hizbullah, told Agence France-Presse on Wednesday that the organization would continue to seek the destruction of Israel. "As long as there is an entity called Israel in the region, we must continue the resistance," he said.
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. " (Acts 17:30)
Pray for repentance for yourself and for our nation. [PLEASE NOTE: AS EDITORIAL POLICY, CHPP WILL NOT PUBLISH ANY POLLS PRIOR TO ELECTION DAY. THE ONLY POLL THAT COUNTS IS THE ONE THAT IS TAKEN ON NOVEMBER 4TH, 2008. THANK YOU.]
1. More Than 3,000 Academics Sign Pro-Ayers Petition - Fox News
Educators signed a petition praising William Ayers as an education reformer whose ties to the domestic terrorist group Weather Underground are just "history."
2. Obama Camp Charging Media for Election- Night Access - Fox News
Barack Obama's campaign is asking news organizations to pay anywhere from a few hundred to nearly $1,900 for election-night seats and Internet service.
3. Would Obama See Tougher 'Crisis' - Fox News
Biden's 'generated crisis' claim creates wave of controversy, but next president won't be first to be tested early in office.
4. Joe the Plumber Leaves a Mark on the '08 Election - Fox News
Barack Obama's six minute discussion with Joe the Plumber in Ohio nearly two weeks ago has generated more fodder than he likely bargained for - a lot more thanks to four words: "spread the wealth around."
5. McCain and Obama to Help Open World Series - Fox News
With Election Day just around the corner, presidential candidates (and baseball fans) Sen. John McCain and Sen. Barack Obama took time out of their hectic campaign schedules to take an active role in FOX Sports' World Series coverage. Each candidate recorded inspirational quotes from American icons including Martin Luther King, Jr. and former presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy about the game of baseball as a beacon of hope through some of America's most difficult times. These quotes will be woven into the opening segment of each World Series broadcast. Academy Award-winning actor Michael Douglas narrates the open for World Series Game 1 between the Philadelphia Phillies and Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday, Oct. 22 at 8:00.
6. French Archives Release Footage of McCain's Vietnam Captivity - Fox News
Footage from 1968 French TV documentary shows McCain interviewed as prisoner of war in Vietnam.
THE ECONOMY IN CRISIS
For all the headlines below, we lift up this prayer today:
· Please continue to pray over this economic situation. Only the Lord can provide the wisdom needed to redeem the nation. Use your prayer language if you're not sure how to pray.
· "The blessing of the Lord: it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it." (Proverbs 10:22)
1. Alan Greenspan: Credit Crisis is 'Once In A Century Tsunami' - Fox News
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, said Thursday, the current financial crisis is a "once-in-a-century credit tsunami" which will have a severe impact on the U.S. economy, driving unemployment higher. (read more)
2. Foreclosure Filings Jump Nearly 71% in Q3 - Fox News
The number of homeowners in foreclosure rose 71% in the third quarter from the same period last year, according to foreclosure-listing service RealtyTrac. If there's a bright spot, it's that the pace slowed in September, decreasing 12% from August -- though it's still 27% above Sept. 2007. (read more)
3. More Bleeding: Dow Plummets 514 - Fox News
Another tidal wave of selling, slammed stocks and commodities on Wednesday, as fears of the global economy falling into a recession, continue to haunt Wall Street. (read more)
4. Threatening Notes Claim 'It's Payback Time'
Threatening letters sent this week to banks and financial institutions declare "it's payback time" and promise death to its readers, according to the text of the message released Thursday. (read more)
Security Threats Related to the Election
Of Divorce, Scandal and Security Threats- America's Presidential Election
Many supporters of Democratic Presidential candidate B. Hussein Obama are angry that Obama's critics continue to draw attention to Obama's associations with former terrorists, communists and socialist voter registration organizations rather than balance their concerns with the failed marriage of Republican opponent John McCain and his association with the 1989 "Keating Five" savings and loan influence scandal. Obama supporters say that Christian moralists should be equally upset of McCain's past life as with that of Obama's. But they fail to see the gravity of Obama's belief system compared with that of McCain.
The relationship between Obama and radical 1960's terrorist Bill Ayers goes far deeper than casual neighbors. Obama sat as the first chairman of Ayers' Chicago Annenberg Challenge, where Obama dispersed over $100 million toward implementing Ayers' education philosophy-indoctrinating students and their parents with a radical political commitment while downplaying achievement tests in favor of activism. Obama also conducted leadership training for the socialist community activist organization, ACORN, whose subsidiary Obama paid over $832,000 this year for get out the vote operations, and many of ACORN's employees are under investigation or already have been indicted on voter registration fraud.
The list of Marxists, socialists and terrorists who Obama associated with prior to his recent bid for the presidency paint a picture of a man who is interested in overthrowing the Constitutional Republic form of government here in America. From Marxist mentor Frank Marshall Davis to black liberation theology racist Jeremiah Wright to terrorist Yassir Arafat's spokesman Rashid Khalidi to ACORN to Ayers, Obama has associated with those dedicating their lives to ending the American way of government. Some say this is guilt by association. But Stanley Kurtz in the Wall Street Journal says its "guilt by participation." There are just too many such associations to ignore the radical, anti-American thread that binds these men.
The Keating Five was an outing of government corruption and influence buying surrounding the 1989 savings and loan crisis. Four Democratic senators and McCain were accused of unethically using their influence to favor one particular savings and loan association. McCain was cleared of wrongdoing by the Senate Ethics Committee. McCain admitted he was wrong. Neither McCain's divorce nor his involvement with the Keating Five was a threat to national security. McCain does not appear to have long term associations with people or organizations interested in overthrowing the government. Proverbs 14:34 says, "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people." Choose this day whom you will serve.
Word of Life Ministry