· The Daily Brief
· The Middle East in Focus
· Election News
· Massive Voter Registration Fraud Alleged
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
P.O. Box 5152
Herndon, VA 20172-1970
The Daily Brief Thursday, October 9, 2008
"Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial, testing which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the Earth. Behold, I AM coming QUICKLY! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown." (Revelation 3:10,11)
The Daily Brief
1. Country is Headed to a Constitutional Crisis - (Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania - 10/06/08)
Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama, challenging Senator Obama's lack of "qualifications" to serve as President of the United States, announced today that Obama and Democratic National Committee [DNC], filed a Joint Motion for Protective Order to Stay Discovery, Pending a Decision on the Motion to Dismiss (which was) filed on 09/24/08. While legal, Berg stated he is "outraged as this is another attempt to hide the truth from the public. It is obvious that documents do not exist to prove that Obama is qualified to be President." The case is Berg v. Obama, No. 08-cv-04083.
Their joint motion indicates a concerted effort to avoid the truth, by attempting to delay the judicial process, although legal, by not resolving the issue presented: that is, whether Barack Obama meets the qualifications to be President. It is obvious that Obama was born in Kenya and does not meet the "qualifications" to be President of the United States pursuant to our United States Constitution. Obama cannot produce a certified copy of his "Vault" [original long version] Birth Certificate from Hawaii because it does not exist.
· Father, if this information is truly correct, we pray that You will find a way to reveal it, so that it cannot be covered or pushed aside prior to the election. We ask that American hearts be able to hear truth, understand it, and act to rectify it. We ask not for political rhetoric, but truth and hidden lies to be revealed.
· "Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known." (Matthew 10:26)
2. Russian president Dmitry Medvedev calls for Europe to freeze out US
The Russian president, Dmitry Medvedev, has called on European leaders to create a new world order that minimizes the role of the US.Confident that a spat with Europe, prompted by Russia's invasion of Georgia in August was over, Mr Medvedev arrived in the French spa town of Evian determined to woo his fellow leaders into creating an anti-US front.
· Lord, we take authority over this plan in the Name of Jesus. We declare that no world order will be formed outside of God's perfect timing. We ask that faith rise up among Your people, that we would pray from Your heart and in Your power at this time.
· "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." (Revelation 3:21)
3. North Korea Ready to Restart Nuclear Site - International Herald Tribune
North Korea announced Thursday, that it is preparing to restart the facility that produced its atomic bomb, indicating that it plans to pull out of an international deal to end its nuclear program.
· Father, we pray for the people of North Korea to be set free from tyranny. We pray that You will sweep across North Korea with a move of Your Spirit to wipe away the Communist dictatorship that has starved, threatened, and enslaved their nation for so long. We ask that you destroy their leader's plans for nuclear bombs, and let them be brought to shame for pursuing such a tactic.
· "In mercy and truth atonement is provided for iniquity; and by the fear of the Lord one departs from evil." (Proverbs 16:6)
A. Federal Deficit Hits $438 Billion - Fox News
The federal budget deficit hit a new record in the just-completed 2008 budget year, under the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office.
B. U.S. Government May Take Part Ownership in Banks - Washington Times
News that the Bush administration is considering taking part ownership in a number of U.S. Banks helped restore a relative calm over global financial markets Thursday.
C. Japanese Stock Market Plunges 9.4% - Jerusalem Post
Japan's stock market plummeted 9.4 percent Wednesday - its biggest one-day drop in 21 years - as investors rushed for the exits on deepening fears over the global financial crisis.
D. Britain Part-Nationalizes 8 Banks in Bailout - AFP
Britain's government Wednesday, announced a part-nationalization of the country's eight main banks with a bailout worth up to 50 billion pounds (64 billion euros, 87 billion dollars).
· As fear rules nations in a time of economic collapse, we pray, Lord, that this social agenda for nationalizing banks, and creating even larger government will be stopped in its tracks. We pray for Your wisdom to come to leaders, and Your heavenly strategies to manifest, and that true righteousness will bring responsible actions for true recovery.
· "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)
5. Decision to Teach Children How to be 'Gay' Allowed to Stand - WND
A federal court decision approving mandatory public school instruction for children as young as kindergarten in how to be homosexual is being allowed to stand, drawing a description of "despicable" from the parent who unsuccessfully challenged his school district's "gay" advocacy agenda.
· Father, our courts refuse Your righteousness, our people call good evil and evil good. We can't stand before You except by the Blood of our Savior Jesus. And so we pray for Your mercy not for our sake, but for Your Name's Sake because America has been called by Your Name. We pray that you would forgive us all, and have mercy on our nation.
· "I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock and established my steps." (Psalm 40:1,2)
The Middle East in Focus
The Middle East in Focus This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE: "The LORD has prepared His throne in the heavens; and His kingdom rules over all." (Psalms 103:19) (Jeremiah 32:17)
1. PA wants Livni and Obama - JNW
The veteran terrorist Palestine Liberation Organization is hoping for a double whammy in its favor next month when it hopes Israel will come under the prime ministership of Kadima Party leader Tzipi Livni and Americans will put Barack Obama in the White House.This is according to the "Palestinian" so-called foreign minister, Riyad al-Malki, during a conference held at the Israeli Foreign Ministry Sunday.
2. Israel, Russia to upgrade strategic ties - Jerusalem Post
Israel and Russia will upgrade their strategic dialogue and use that forum to share intelligence assessments and discuss Russian arms sales to the region, a senior source in the Prime Minister's Office said Tuesday, following Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's meeting in the Kremlin with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev.Olmert: Russia won't allow Israel's security to be threatened. Olmert raised the issue of arms sales, including the proposed sale of S-300 anti-aircraft missiles to Syria and Iran, with the Russian president, the source said, adding that the Israeli team left the meeting feeling that "[the Russians] understand more clearly now our concerns."
3. High Court asks gov't to build more safety rooms near Gaza - Jerusalem Post
The High Court of Justice recommended on Monday that the government reconsider its decision not to build safety rooms in nine rural settlements within a 4.5 kilometer radius of the Gaza Strip because of a policy disagreement between Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Defense Minister Ehud Barak.According to Ya'acov Bogin, of Kibbutz Kfar Aza, Barak warned Olmert that Hamas has introduced new and more lethal weapons since the cease-fire agreement went into effect. As a result of the warning, said Bogin, the petitioners asked the High Court to convene an urgent hearing on the petition.
For all the headlines below, we thank God for the promise of His Word:It is written, " . . . let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance- for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise." (Proverbs 1:5,6)
· Pray that God's man will listen with discernment, add to his knowledge, and receive wise counsel in this campaign.
1. "Bitter" NRA Unloads'
Hillary was right: You can't trust Obama with your guns,' reads a new National Rifle Association ad, reviving a Clinton mailer attacking Obama for waffling on gun rights.
2. Obama Ad Spending Could Hit $90 Million
At his current rate, Obama will spend over $90 million on ads through Election Day - more than all the money McCain has to spend on his entire campaign.
3. McCain, Obama Jockey for Voters' Trust on Economy
The presidential candidates continue to train focus on the economy as the Federal Reserve and worldwide banks take fresh action to stabilize the markets.
4. Palin E-Mail Hacker Indicted
A Democratic state representative's son has been indicted by a grand jury in Tennessee for intentionally hacking into Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's personal e- mail account. The grand jury in Knoxville, Tenn., returned the indictment on Oct. 7, charging David C. Kernell, 20, son of state Rep. Michael Kernell of Memphis, with intentionally accessing Palin's Yahoo e-mail account.
5. State Authorities Continue to Scrutinize ACORN Records
Election officials in states across the country are continuing to scrutinize questionable voter registration forms submitted by an advocacy group that was raided Tuesday by Nevada authorities investigating voter fraud allegations. In Missouri, Jackson County's top election official, Charlene Davis, says they've discovered more than 800 potentially fraudulent forms from the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN. She said they were bogging down work Wednesday, the final day Missourians could register to vote. "I don't even know the entire scope of it because registrations are coming in so heavy," Davis said. "We have identified about 100 duplicates, and probably 280 addresses that don't exist, people who have driver's license numbers that won't verify or Social Security numbers that won't verify. Some have no address at all."
Massive Voter Registration Fraud Alleged
Massive Voter Registration Fraud Paid For By Obama Campaign Through Subsidiary Of ACORN
Rampant voter registration fraud is being exposed across the nation and the organization at the center of the scam is one with close ties to Democratic Presidential nominee B. Hussein Obama. The Association of Community Organizers For Reform Now, or ACORN, was raided by Nevada state authorities and is accused of being at the heart of massive voter registration fraud in other important swing states such as Missouri, Ohio, and Indiana. ACORN is the organization where Obama worked and trained leaders as a "community organizer" and it is suspected of having received millions of taxpayer dollars funneled from Obama associates at Fannie Mae, which is at the epicenter of America's economic woes.
ACORN in Las Vegas was caught with fraudulent voter registrations from the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team. ACORN's officials are blaming the voter fraud on Nevada state officials saying that election officials have routinely ignored ACORN's pleas to take seriously fraudulent registration forms. But ACORN's shift the blame shell game is wearing thin as elections officials in key swing states are beginning to uncover serious problems with ACORN voter registrations. In the Cleveland, Ohio area, the Cuyahoga County Elections Board is investigating ACORN because several witnesses came forward who say ACORN hounded them to register to vote. One person registered 72 times.
There are widespread accusations posted on the internet that ACORN has registered 105% of the Indianapolis, Indiana eligible voter population. In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ACORN workers are under investigation for voter fraud. In Pennsylvania, an ACORN worker was sentenced to prison for fraudulent voter registrations. In Kansas City and St. Louis, Missouri, some 11 ACORN workers were indicted on voter registration fraud charges, involving over 35,000 false registrations. AP reports that ACORN claims to have registered 1.3 million people nationwide for the November 4th election and has encountered even more complaints in New Mexico, Michigan, and North Carolina.
An August 22 Pittsburgh Tribune-Review analysis of the Obama Federal Election Commission report indicates that Citizen Services, Inc., a subsidiary of ACORN with offices at the same address of ACORN's national headquarters, had been paid over $832,500 by the Obama campaign for "get out the vote" projects from February to May. In July of 2007, felony charges were filed against seven ACORN executives for perpetrating voter fraud.
2 Timothy 3:13 says "Evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived." ACORN is a proven voter fraud machine, trained by Obama and paid by the Obama campaign. This is a case where the nut does not fall far from the tree.
Word of Life Ministry