The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple . . . (Psalm 19:7)
1. Maryland Court Says No To Same-Sex Marriage - CNSNews.com
In a 4-3 decision, the Maryland Court of Appeals Tuesday upheld a state law defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman, putting an end to a challenge by same-sex couples who claimed they were denied equal protection under the law. Plaintiffs vowed to take the fight over gay marriage in Maryland to the Legislature next.
· Praise God for this divine decision! May marriage be upheld and defined in America as the sacred covenant union ordained by God between one man and one woman. God considered this so important He and His Son mention it in the Old and New Testaments for our understanding.
· "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." (Genesis 2: 24 and Matthew 19: 5 NKJV)
2. Republican Asks For Congressional Probe Of NY Times Ad Rates - CNSNews.com
The top Republican on the House oversight committee yesterday called for an investigation into possible elections violations by the New York Times for selling an advertisement to the liberal group MoveOn.org at a reduced rate. Rep. Thomas M. Davis III of Virginia said the discount may equate to an illegal in-kind political contribution by the Times to the group. MoveOn paid $65,000 for a full-page ad that criticized the character of Iraq war commander Gen. David H. Petraeus about $117,000 less than the Times' "open rate" for an ad of that type and size.
· Dear Lord, may our nation's media and entertainment industry be cleansed of its hatred towards You and Your followers, for this appears to be be the only true way for unbiased news and advertising to become a reality. Please protect your children from their attacks, for only You know all things.
·"Then Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.'" (Luke 23: 34 NKJV)
3. Ahmadinejad: The Return Of Mahdi Is Imminent - Worthy News
In his speech at the annual International Seminar on the Doctrine of Mahdism, held in Tehran August 25-26, 2007, Ahmadinejad stated that Western dominance has come to an end, and called on the nations of the world to rebel against "the oppressive imperialist powers" in preparation for the coming of the Hidden Imam.
· Editorial Board's comment: "THE RETURN OF THE LORD IS IMMINENT, TOO!!" May the Lord have mercy on Mr. Ahmadinejad's soul and on the souls of those he is deceiving about the return of the false Imam and the lies of Islam!
·"Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. (Revelation 1: 7 NKJV)
4. Arabs Urged To Join Forces Against Iran - Washington Times
The top U.S. military commander for the Middle East, Adm. William J. Fallon, is pressing Arab allies to form a more united front against Iran, seen by Washington as the region's long-term threat. At military compounds and royal reception halls across the Persian Gulf, Fallon is delivering personal appeals to Arab leaders to counter Iran's ambitions to expand its regional influence and move ahead with its nuclear program. He has carefully avoided publicly discussing any war contingency plans or making any direct threats against Iran, which sits in his sphere of operations. As head of U.S. Central Command, he oversees forces in Central Asia, the Middle East and the Horn of Africa.
· Gracious Father, please keep Admiral William Fallon safe and grant him favor as he brings the message of peace to nations who respect You but do not know You as their Savior and King. May this overture bring many Arab nations to join forces against the evil one; and most importantly, to come to know You as their Messiah.
·"O Israel (and all nations), hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption." (Psalm 130: 7 NKJV paraphrased)
5. Russia, China Worried By Iran Attack Talk - ABC News
Russia and China expressed alarm on Tuesday over comments by France's foreign minister Bernard Kouchner, that Paris should prepare for the prospect of war with Iran, which the West accuses of secretly developing nuclear weapons. Kouchner maintains that his remarks were meant as a "message of peace."
· Heavenly Father, only You know what Mr. Kouchner meant in his remarks; but we recognize that what he spoke is a clear warning to the world of the Iranian threat. Please keep France, America, Israel and countries allied with Israel safe from Iran's aggressive policies and please keep him safe, too, because he might be targeted for elimination by zealous Islamic factions.
· "For I know that the Lord is great, and our Lord is above all gods. Whatever the Lord pleases He does, in Heaven and in earth." (Psalm 135: 5-6) NKJV
6. Rice Holding Talks With Israelis, Palestinians On US-Hosted Meeting - CNSNews.com
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said she wants Israel and the Palestinians to deal with "critical issues" and move toward a "two-state solution" at an upcoming U.S.-sponsored meeting.
· A warning from the Lord, and spoken by King David..."Do not dirty your hands with the dividing of Israel."
· "It is God who avenges me, and subdues the peoples under me; He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; and have delivered me from the violent man." (Psalm 18: 47-48 NKJV)
The Middle East in Focus
This week, for all the headlines cited below, please join us in proclaiming THIS DECREE:
"I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live." (Psalm 116:1-2)
1. Iran: We Have Plans to Bomb Israel If Attacked - AP
Deputy commander of Iran's air force says plans have been drawn up to bomb Israel if the Jewish state attacks.
2. Syria Accuses U.S. of Spreading 'False' Claims - AP
Syria criticised the United States on Tuesday, accusing it of spreading "false" claims of Syrian nuclear activity and cooperation with North Korea to excuse an Israeli air incursion over the country this month.
3. Israel Declares Hamas-Controlled Gaza an 'Enemy Entity' - AP
Palestinian youths hurl rocks at armored car near Nablus as Israel sternly reacts to continued rocket attacks.
4. Christian network petitions Court to stay on air - Jerusalem Post
A Christian TV network that runs missionary advertisements directed at Jews has petitioned the High Court of Justice after Israeli cable television decided to drop the station.
Prophecy Clock Ticks Forward With Israeli Bombing of Syria
New light has been shown on the mysterious September 6th bombing of Syria by Israel in that sources are now coming forward and claiming that the Syrian installation that prompted the Israeli strike was a suspected nuclear and weapons site. The piecing together of the post-mission political forensics indicates that North Korea may well have been sending its nuclear materials and technology to Syria. At the same, there are reports that the site was also a weapons cache built up over time of weapons sent to Hezbollah in Syria via Iran. North Korea called the Israeli bombing a "dangerous provocation." And Syria protested to the United Nations over the international community's silence on the bombings.
On June 8, 2005, The Daily Jot reported that there had been two train shipments that exploded-one in North Korea and another in Syria. Both were all but confirmed to be carrying missiles, missile technology and weapons technology. At the time, the North Korean government, desperate for cash and with a maniacal drive for power and influence, was suspected of supplying terrorists with weapons, even weapons of mass destruction. Several days after the article ran, the Daily Jot received an email from a source claiming to be a high ranking U.S. military officer who implied that the train blasts were the work of western s pecial forces units deployed to prevent the technology from reaching its destination.
The common thread between Syria and North Korea is Iran. Iran is financing the operations of weapons and weapons technology transfers. And Syria is a likely destination because most people would not suspect Syria as having a nuclear facility. However, Iran is operating from a strategy of eliminating Israel no matter the cost, so long as Iran survives. Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Wednesday said that Israel "cannot continue its life." And Ahmadinejad echoed Bible prophecy when he said, "Israel is an invader and is cruel, and it hasn't got a united public. All other nations are against it."
In Zechariah 12:3 the Lord says, "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it." A milestone mark in prophecy is the Gog/Magog led attack on Israel where Persia, modern day Iran, and all of Northern Africa and the nations of the world gather against Israel. At that time, which may signal the beginning of the Great Tribulation, Russia, Iran and the forces against Israel will be miraculously defeated, according to Bible prophecy. The allignment of events is fast mapping with prophecy. And the hearts of men are growing cold as lawlessness abounds.
The Daily Jot